Speaker 1: Now I want to talk about Drake, who, for the second time this week, is making headlines. On Wednesday, we talked about the rap Superstars suing his own record label, Universal Music Group for promoting Kendrick Lamar is not like Us. Now, the Canadian born raping Rappers and Raptors global ambassador as in the Toronto Raptors, has been reportedly banned from commenting on their games. The one year ban reportedly stems from his controversial remarks about former Raptors star DeMar DeRozan. You may recall back in November when Drake appeared on a live broadcast and called DeRozan a goof take a listen, speaking of national treasure. Yes, if you ever put up a DeRozan banner about glo up there and pull it down myself, that's the answer.
Speaker 2: You what question is that what you're gonna ask?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't, well, you know, to yot Kyle, Yeah, well shout out status. The statues are next, Well, yeah they are.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at you. It's gonna be then like this.
Speaker 1: These remarks sparked backlash and the Raptors organization have now decided to respond. But before I respond, I be remiss neglecting to show you. DeMar Deroza's response immediately upon hearing what Drake had to say about him today's broadcast, Drake said, if you ever put up de rosen inventner up, I'll go up there and put it on myself. What's your actually better?
Speaker 2: Well, he gotta he gonna have a long way to climb to take it down, so I tell him good luck. Drake is looking weaker and weaker every day.
Speaker 1: I said the other day, I understand how it can be a bit sensitive when he's got to take his kids out of school, the mother of his kid, along with his child, has to move out of Toronto because of the treatment they were receiving. In light of Kendrick Lamar's not like a song blowing up the spot. I got it, But I also felt like, if somebody gets the better of you in the studio, you either stand down and say they got me, or you come back with something stronger. When you're as great as Drake is, why can't you do that? But this DeMar DeRozan thing took it a bit too far. Damar Russell Westbrook and those guys they're from that area. They're from the same spot as Kendrick Lamar when they're listening to the song they liked the song or whatever. You on stage and it's constant dancing the way that they were. Drake was salty about that was Hell's.
Speaker 2: Wrong with you?
Speaker 1: DeMar de Rozan starts with the Toronto Raptors for nine years. Jamar DeRozan has an average less than twenty points a game in the last twelve years of his NBA career. Damar de Rozan, his crime is one crime and one crime only.
Speaker 2: He could not beat Lebron James. That's about it. He was an elite NBA player for the Toronto Raptors and was always cool with Drake.
Speaker 1: And because Kendrick Lamar got you, you got to turn around and it's like, yo, you're gonna hate on DeMar DeRozan.
Speaker 2: Now, I personally think that this was said in November.
Speaker 1: I don't know why the hell of Raptors are coming out now talking about Drake his band from talking about of talking to you know, comment commentating for a year with free speech is free speech. You the hell of you to say you can't speak for a year, you understand. I'm just saying that if you're Drake, really do you want this reputation, bro, you want the reputation as being somebody that's that, that is that weak.
Speaker 2: Cat. Get you listen.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody look listen and if you look, look at the lyrics. He didn't specifically and directly call you a pedophile. Look, Kendrick Lamar, he did not do that. But ain't nobody thinking about whether or not you're a pedophile or not when they listen to the music, they just saying, damn, he ripped you the shreds. What you're gonna do about it? You gonna respond to You're gonna stand down, That's all.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody looking at you differently? They looking at you as a bit soft because every time we turn around, there's a reaction from you that sparks a reaction from somebody.
Speaker 2: Else because you've taken what Kendrick Lamar did to you.
Speaker 1: To heart very very significantly. You Damn they're making people look at you and wonder what you are.
Speaker 2: Because of how.
Speaker 1: Not because of Kendrick.
Speaker 2: Lamar's music, but because.
Speaker 1: Of how you're reacting to it and other people vibing with the song tomorrow Derozen ain't looking at you like some pedophile or something like that. He liked the song like the beat saw Kendrick Lamar going at you. They from the same hood. He on stage dancing support him. So what.
Speaker 2: So why that's just me?
Speaker 1: I just think that in these kind of situations it's great and somebody like Drake is, you're minimizing your own cachet.
Speaker 2: You're compromising it.
Speaker 1: Rather because you're making people look at you in a different light because of how you're compelling people to react to you, because of how you've reacted to people, just because.
Speaker 2: Of a song. Universal Music Group represents both of y'all. I get it.
Speaker 1: Put there in the money making business, if you came out with a song and you've tried, but if you came out with a song that checked Kendrick Lamar to the degree that he checked you and they could make money off of that, Kendrick Lamar would not like it. But I think when we look at him and we see him, you know what we suspect he would not have went to the courts. He wouldn't have been about suing the music group or you for you getting at him in front of the mic. Behind the mic. He need to stand down and he come back at you anytime. We see a different story. Now it's a basketball player and the team, the Toronto Raptors, who demarga. Roza doesn't even play for any longer. He played in San Antonio, he played in Chicago. Now he's with the Sacramento Kings. Hasn't played for them in years. Even they said you would band from commenting or commentating for a year. Even they are salty, they want to separate themselves from you.
Speaker 2: Come on, Drake, it's just a song.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: You too great for this. You too great to be in the news for this kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Man, too much you bring to the table, bro, Come on, man, come on.