Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: We will absolutely target you, go after you if you are targeting anyone with hate speech anything.
Speaker 2: And that's across the aisle.
Speaker 4: That is the Attorney General of the United States validating the term hate speech, which is anathema to conservatives.
Speaker 2: The whole hate speech concept that was dead wrong and stupid, utterly unsupportable, a huge failure, and we condemn it.
Speaker 4: Well, let's start with here's a couple of people on opposite side of the aisles, Senators Chuck Schumer and Ted Cruz, who's pretty maga, didn't like that.
Speaker 2: That is censorship. It is disgusting. It is a violation of the First Amendment.
Speaker 5: I think it is unbelievably dangerous for government to put itself in the position of saying we're going to decide what speech we like and what we don't, and we're going to threaten to take you off air if we don't like what you're saying.
Speaker 4: That's around the whole FCC thing broadcast license stuff that played a role in Jimmy Kimmel a role, not the whole role in Jimmy Kimmel not being on the air at ABC, but the I.
Speaker 2: Would like a formal apology from Pam Bondy for putting me in a position where I have to agree with Chuck Schumer. This is disgusting. Now fine to me. I may not recover well.
Speaker 4: He obviously is being his usual Chuck Schumer self. This is a handy version. He would not mean hippo. He would not be agreeing.
Speaker 2: With this if the shoe were on the other foot because his side agrees with the whole hate speech concept completely. Speech is violence, and saying something negative about a protective group is the same as violence and it should be censored. He believes that he's just a mind misinformation and disinformation which they regularly run up the flagpole as a reason to censor speech. And we don't have the clip of Tucker Carlson, but you mean you got Tucker Carlson and Ted Cruz. Tucker Carlson said the same thing over the weekend. He said, Pam bond He's just wrong.
Speaker 4: There's no such thing as hate speech, and you can't be policing it and censoring it because who gets decide what's hate speech? That's the obvious part of this that it just blows my mind that intellectuals can miss. Who are you gonna let decide what's hate speech?
Speaker 2: Well, we all agree here at the university what's hate speech. I don't understand why you're making it sound difficult, which I'm pointing out that Rand Paul predictably joined Ted Cruz. They're more above a mark. Wayne Mullen said he believes in free speech. He was concerned about insendi a rhetoric. But free speech is free speech. Hateful speech is also free speech, only when it leads to violence. Is there a crossover? Tom Massey of Kentucky also said no, no, no, no, no, we don't say that over here. So a lot of conservatives and Republicans are rejecting this terrible, terrible idea. We do have. Tucker, here's what he said.
Speaker 6: There's no sentence that Charlie Kirk would have objected to more than that any attempt to impose hate speech laws in this country is a denial of the humanity of American citizens and cannot be allowed under any circumstances.
Speaker 2: That's got to be the red line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tucker is a smart guy, and when he's not being whatever it is he is, I can really agree with him.
Speaker 2: He's right, He's absolutely right.
Speaker 4: That is so incredibly dangerous and the opposite of anything Charlie Kirk believed in obviously that something could be declared hate speech and the government will come after you. Play that Pam Bondy clip again. I'm sorry, I'm all over the place here, Michael, but play eighty again.
Speaker 3: We will absolutely target you, go after you if you are targeting anyone with hate speech anything.
Speaker 2: And that's across the aisle.
Speaker 7: What.
Speaker 2: Yes, she walked that back somewhat, but to get those words to come out of your mouth is kind of disturbing, all right, How you can't accept the attorney general walking it back if she were the I don't know, the secretary of lawnmowers or something that's completely different from the law.
Speaker 4: But yes, but you know, not on you to understand everything about free speech. It is on her to understand everything about free speech as the attorney General, the top of the Justice Department, and for her to say that it's just not and Trump double down on it. Here's a little bit from ABC this week.
Speaker 8: An extraordinary statement from President and Trump. It appeared to be a direct message to his Attorney General, Pam Bondy, but it was posted on truth Social for the world to see. The president wrote, in part, Pam, I have reviewed over thirty statements and posts saying that essentially same old story as last time. All talk, no action, nothing is being done. We can't delay any longer. It's killing our reputation and credibility. They impeached me twice, they indicted me five times over nothing. Justice must be served now.
Speaker 4: Trump saying to Pam Bondy, and he goes on to say, I think we have that, yeah, play eighty two.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: They have to show honesty and integrity and who takes when they take a goods well, I think the people decide.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm president. When they take a means you and they take with.
Speaker 8: A great success like you often do, and you make it into like it's a loser, or you put a negative spin on it.
Speaker 2: I don't think that that's right.
Speaker 9: So I think Brendan Carr is a great American patriot.
Speaker 2: So I disagree with Ted prison.
Speaker 4: The Trump characterizing people, and it happens all the time, distorting his results as hate speech, and that that's something the FCC.
Speaker 2: And Pam BONDI should go after and or yeah, go after in terms of broadcast licenses or just prosecutions of some sort or another. One of the great things about Trump is that he doesn't have a lot of regard for tradition and you know, the way things happen in Washington. That's one of his great strengths. One of his great weaknesses is what I just said, he doesn't understand or care. And I think it's more to understand that there are certain things that a president must never do, or certainly must never do openly, because then the doors are just wide open to the very sort of law fair and speech restrictions that he rightfully despised, whether it was COVID or the Russian collusion hoax. And you can't say the other side is committing crimes against the constitution. Therefore we get to too. No, you've got to stop people from committing crimes against the constitution, you know, outlawing hate, misinformation and disinformation because you say, you know, I don't think the COVID vaccine actually prevents transmission. No, we need to fight against even doing that, not do it ourselves. Good lord.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was happy to see Governor Josh Shapiro, Democrat of Pennsylvania over the weekend saying, the antidote to the bad speech is more free speech that you know, you make better arguments or whatever.
Speaker 2: So what do you think is up here?
Speaker 4: I mean, who's Donald Trump playing to or who does he think his constituency is. Is there a constituency for let's go after with broadcast license or whatever crime you would call hate speech? H I mean, because that is such a bedrock of conservatism, it seems to me. Yeah, I think he has voices in his ear. And boy, I hate to use the effort on the air, but I have to brace yourselves. There are neo fascists who have Trump's ear, and I'm not using the I call everybody that don't like a fascist, like I'm some sort of pathetic lefty. I'm talking about a set of political belief that says, there are threats against our nation and our people so great, generally from the outside or the enemy within. Blah blah blah, but the threat is so acute that we must throw aside our principles to fight it. Much as we love freedom, the risk to the nation is too much. We are canceling freedom for a time to root out this threat.
Speaker 2: And Trump passed people in his ear telling him, yes, that it's justified, we can do it, we can pass the laws, we can do this legally. And he doesn't understand who they are and what they're trying to convince him to do. I believe that I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he just doesn't understand it. But no, the answer is no, just because ABC News is blatantly ridiculously unfair against you all the time. No, the answer is not to have your Chairmany the FCC say, be a shamed of something happen to your network there. You want to do a single deal, Yeah, you better come around and say what we like. No, that is not what we do. Or the Attorney General for crying out loud and you know, look, some of you are tempted by this. Our ideas are better. They will win. Charlie Kirk turning point. This is a turning point. The eighty percent of the population that doesn't want a dude playing girls' sports or a man leering at your thirteen year old daughter in a locker room. We're the eighty percent maybe the ninety percent. Maybe they had to convinced that we're in the minority there for a minute, but we're not. And if you've listened to the show, you would know that. So, no, we don't need to resort to crapping on the Constitution. And I almost used a very bad word. We don't need the resort to that. We're better than that. Be better than that. Are you going to use a verb for defecating? I was that is fairly coarse. Okay, yes, wow, similar to shipping, but a little different. I guess I think we're tracking. Let's end with something more erudite than that. Sarah is Ger who's really really smart, on ABC this week, showing us how we got here.
Speaker 1: This is bad for the Department of Justice, it's bad for the country. But I do think we should take a bigger view here when you look at during the Obama administration using the power of the presidency to target TEA party groups through the IRS, during the Biden administration using the power of the presidency to target social media companies Mark Zuckerberg saying they were threatened if they didn't take down information on COVID origins, and now using the power of the presidency, whether through the FCC or the Department of Justice, to limit criticism. We should be talking about the power of the presidency because frankly, there is no legislation that is going to prevent abuses of power by the president. We have to take away that power. The FCC shouldn't have this power, the IRS shouldn't have this power. And until we're willing to talk about that, this is just going to turn into a tit for tat and it's going nowhere.
Speaker 4: Good excellent point. Sarah Ezger of The Dispatch. Yes, what she said, why is the mainstream media, boy, you know why but ever say anything about that actually happened. The IRS commissioner from that time apologized for that in public in Congress that they did target Tea Party people for their beliefs. And then the example under the Biden administration, Mark Zuckerberg is set out loud. He got leaned on by the federal government to not have stuff on Facebook about vaccines and the spread of the virus and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: But you don't care about the lab lake. That stuff all is fine.
Speaker 4: It's just when Trump says he wants to control hate speech or misinformation is it a problem.
Speaker 2: That's why we got to call him on that and keep calling them on that. And if we do it, we got to call us on that. It's called principles. They actually make your life better. Try them.
Speaker 4: Any thoughts on any of that because that's an interesting topic. Text Line four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 9: A passenger on a cruise ship jumped overboard to avoid a sixteen thousand dollars gambling debt. But being smart, he just bets someone's seventeen thousand that he would jump off a cruise ship.
Speaker 4: We had that story last week. Seemed like a poorly thought out plan and a poor lifestyle as well.
Speaker 2: Coming up, really interesting clip from a well known lefty about the passing of Charlie Kirk. The murder of Charlie Kirk. Great email on the topic I want to get to as well. And also, there are a couple of things the rich can do that the rest of us can't. A fly private and b get married. According to young people, there's been a giant cultural shift around marriage. Interesting. Yeah, it's really weird. This is our once a month update on whether people are actually returning to the office or not. The Wall Street Journal for obvious reasons is definitely on this story and continues to be long story short. You got big companies all over the country, everything from Microsoft to Paramount to they name a bunch who are all saying, all right, you got to be in the office three days a week, or four days a week or five days a week. They're making various you know, statements, different standards, different people, different company. What is it around here? Do you know, Michael? Is it three?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think so, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, I think Anyway, the interesting part is that there's a huge lack of compliance all across all sorts of industries. And I'm not gonna is that what people are saying well and or yep, absolutely planning on doing that. I'm happy to be back. Got to settle that the situation with the babysitting, So it's probably gonna be in two weeks, but in two weeks i'll see you then making excuses, kicking the can down the road. And essentially the compliance has been pretty low, and I thought this Anglo was pretty funny. Unenthusiastic bosses don't help. They might shield top performers to keep them from leaving. Well, of course they would not nearly half of senior managers say they would take a pay cut to work from home, so they're not really in the mood to crack the whip. So it's interesting and it's just a it's a beautiful illustration of how labor is a market and how you can say these are my terms. But if the other side of the equation says, eh, my terms are just a little different than your terms, and unless you're willing to say, well, go to hell, we have no deal, those terms will change.
Speaker 4: But this will work itself out over time. It's interesting that prior to COVID, it would have just been a non starter for most people to say to their boss, I think I'd like to only come into work four days a week.
Speaker 2: I'll work from home the other day. They'd be like, no, that's not an option, if even in one day, right, And then all of a sudden it became a you know, I think you're just as productive at home all the time as you are when you're here. I mean, how did it change that drastically? And if I make you schlep into the office, you're going to quit. Well, you're making your numbers, eh, do whatever you want.
Speaker 4: The difference that I love, and I think all of us love is the meeting situation. Why did we all think we needed to meet in person? Let's all drive somewhere between thirty minutes and an hour to be in a room together, as opposed to joining on zoom for this fifteen minute meeting.
Speaker 2: Thank god that changed. Yeah, there are situations where an in person meeting is useful, but not all of them, not all, not most of them. Yeah, I would agree with that absolutely. You know what, I don't think we have time for this. You may have heard that Trump was kicking around this idea of limiting ticket resales sports, concerts, whatever, to just twenty percent above face value to protect the consumer no scalping. Right. You know who's pushing for that, the big ticket companies. It's not a good idea for consumers, not at all. And yeah, if you think about it for two seconds, I get that, I think, and they would.
Speaker 4: They would.
Speaker 2: They also want to monopolize the resale market themselves.
Speaker 4: You're probably going to explaining that in case you feel like you've already have. But yeah, we had a lot of stuff on the way, including what something all the same, it was something else. I had another I have a great thing, trust me, It's a great thing.
Speaker 10: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Charlie Kirk built a movement.
Speaker 7: He transformed the face of conservatism in our own time, and in doing so, he changed the course of American history. Charlie suffered a terrible fate. My friends, we all know it, we all saw it, but think it is not the worst fate. It is better to face a gunman than to live your life afraid to speak the truth.
Speaker 2: Jd.
Speaker 4: Vance at the big Charlie Kirk memorial yesterday that was seen by one hundred million people on television.
Speaker 2: Two hundred thousand people showed up in person. Yeah, really an amazing event in aspiring and we'll talk about it more and play you more audio from the actual memorial service an hour four of the show. If you don't get all four hours, or you got something to do, that's fine, grab it via podcast, subscribe to Armstrong you Getty on demand. I wanted to play this. He's a lefty, He's wrong a lot, He's a smart guy, and I think he has a tick in human heart. And that would be Van Jones, famously in Obama Aid and media commentator. It's a clip sixty seven, Michael. He said this just the other day.
Speaker 10: Hey, guys, I've decided I'm gonna do something.
Speaker 11: I'm going to share something, something personal that I wasn't sure I was going to share, but I think it's important.
Speaker 10: Charlie Kirk and I were not friends at all.
Speaker 11: In fact, the last week of his life, we were beefing hard, beefing online, beefing on air.
Speaker 10: But the day before he died, he did something that shocked me.
Speaker 11: He sent me a personal message calling for personal dialogue, wanted me to come on the show. He said we could be gentlemen together. He said we could deal with our disagreements agreeably. And in the past week and a half, just watching people talk about civil wars and censorship and all this stuff coming out of his death, I just thought it was important to let people know don't put that on Charlie Kurt, because the last day of his life he was reaching out to have not more censorship, more conversation, more dialogue with somebody who honestly was one of his adversaries.
Speaker 10: Me and I just want to share that with.
Speaker 11: The world, and I hope that maybe it might help somebody on both sides deal with issues.
Speaker 10: More like he did.
Speaker 2: I thought that was nice, and I thank Van Jones for posting that. It is a gentle criticism. But if it surprised you that Charlie reached out to you, you still didn't get it, and you probably don't get me, Van, No, I'm more than willing to listen to your opinion. I hear it all the time. I'm surrounded by it. I just want there to be a little dialogue and we can disagree, agreeably, agree one hundred percent with that.
Speaker 4: So you think there's any chance that, well, there's always some chance of them. Do you think there's a realistic chance that good comes out of Charlie Kirk's assassination?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for our national politics, like there could be a change and people could point back to this.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I don't want to be discouraging because I want that very much to be true. There's an okay chance that it will have a positive effect, I hope. So how long that lasts, I hope. So, I just I don't know if that can happen in the modern world. It's just things. Everything moves so fast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the worst among us have such a platform, right, and they're good at their jobs and they're good at their jobs at being bad. We're discussing earlier and will again the idea that turning point USA is now, and I guarantee this turning point is a giant, lucrative, juicy target for the greed heads and the phonies and the online grifters that controls so much of our politics right now. Well, I'm glad his wife's going to be running it. She seems pretty sharp, and I'm sure it's not the first running up against greedheads that has happened since Charlie Kirk caught fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, got this note from Alan Idaho. I've mentioned it a couple of times. I'm finally paying it off. He's been listening since he was a little lad.
Speaker 4: Thanks, thank you. Yeah, since he was a I realized it's supposed to be a compliment. But all you did was make my knees hurt, so he said.
Speaker 2: I watched Charlie Kirk memorial on Sunday, and with many of the speakers, the common theme I heard was that I should not be afraid to have discussions and to battle with words. I used to not have this problem growing up, and often debated some of my friends in high school but in recent years, specifically after my college experience and the attempted brainwashing from the California State University system, I find myself much too cautious about what I say for fear of losing friends my reputation, due to me being generally too scared or lazy to start an argument or a conversation to begin with. As someone wants to begin having these discussions again, what would be your suggestions to break out of my shell again and to stop overthinking about how others may react. Thanks for taking the time, Well, thank you for the note.
Speaker 4: I would say one sentence, stop worrying how others react. Yeah, you know, Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 2: I wasn't going to go in that direction, but you could certainly make the argument al that if you come I'm at this in a respectful way and they reject you for that, that's a good thing. It may be a painful thing at least initially, but you don't want that sort of energy surrounding you. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't be so flippant about people who are not used to getting hated upon on a regular basis. When you have the job we have gets so much hate, like really personal, awful sometimes violence threatening hate that you have to get a thick skin about it.
Speaker 2: And I realize if you're not used to that, it can be, you know, pretty rough. But I loved getting this note. I've been thinking about it for a while now. I would make this suggestion to you. Don't worry about winning arguments or even having arguments per se. Here is your starter kit. This is your gorilla warfare. Al and anybody like hel. When you're confronted with some of the arguments of the left, again, don't go up against them. Hit them with honest sincere questions. Like, for instance, if they advocate some sort of policy that you think's bad, you can say, you know, I wonder if that actually works in progress and in reality, because there are a lot of things that sound good that you know, in the real world don't really pan out. I wonder if there's data to support that policy being a good one.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's one way to go about it. Or you could yell, shut up, you communist. Yeah, well, it depends on my mood. But because you've planted the seed, al that wait a minute.
Speaker 2: A good way to figure out if policy is good policy is to figure out whether it works or not. And you haven't argued with anybody. If somebody's arguing in favor of quote unquote trans rights or whatever, you can I just say it should mean that again, that's one alternative. Or you could say it seems to me there are two sexes and just saying you've changed it doesn't change it. And they'll say, well, sex is just a gender because they use gender, because if you use sex, then it gets to biology and then nobody can deny it. But tell them, yeah, I just I think you can be whatever sort of man or woman you want to be, but you're still a woman. And if they want to blather on again, you've planted the seed of a very basic, very easily understood reality. Think about, you know, three or four of the issues that you hear people blather on about, and just think about ar What can I say? That's non threatening, that's just kind of a light over here. It's not even a spotlight. It's more like a Christmas light, but it's shining on the truth. Just mention it and say, I don't know, I think about these things and you'll get used to it. It'll be fine, you'll be good. Al Yeah, you Why do you think people bother governments, bother indoctrinating and intimidating. It's because it works, because you have a speaking of biological realities, you have an aversion to pain and fear. And if you have suffered pain and fear over and over again in the California State University system, for instance, for believing what you believe, yeah, that's why they do that. So it'll take you a while to claw your way back, but you'll get there.
Speaker 4: See you say all that, and then you say, have a good day, you dirty footed communists. And if you're not on the air throwing enough bomb or two, a couple of poll numbers that came across over the weekend, speaking of communists, how many there might be out there?
Speaker 2: Tell you about these in just a second, those of us who are capitalists and have accumulated an asset or two. The one thing you don't want to do is doom your loved ones to a long, expensive, bitter life legal battle over your wishes. No, get in touch with our friends at trust and will get security and peace of mind by making the state plan. Now I disagree with Joe.
Speaker 4: When you pass away, let the county and the state get involved in how they divvy up your stong ysh anyway you do this starting in one hundred and ninety nine dollars. You manage the whole thing yourself. It's set up for your state and your state's laws. You have bank level encryption, all your important documents are in one place, and live customer support through chat, phone or email to help you with any questions you have.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that number is a fraction of what you've heard from attorneys. Do I need a trust or a will? What's the difference? Then guide you through all of that, secure your assets, protect your loved ones with trust and will. Get twenty percent off on your state plan documents by visiting Trust and Will dot com slash armstrong again Trust Anddwill dot com slash armstrong. A couple of polls help you know how other people think, whether you agree with which group here you gov poll around Kimmel getting fired the plurality.
Speaker 4: The biggest number is strongly disapprove Kimmel being fired forty two percent. You add that to somewhat disapprove, you're at fifty percent. You only have in the somewhat approve or a nine percent and strongly approved.
Speaker 2: Twenty six percent.
Speaker 4: So the vast majority of Americans, and I got to believe that includes lots of big jungle Republicans are against Kimmel being fired.
Speaker 2: So there's that. And like so many of these issues, polls give me about sixty seconds to explain to some of the people who love it, and I'd say, oh, yeah, I think he's a smug just awful, wrong about everything, sarcastic, prick, and I wouldn't want him on my TV station. The problem is the administration pressuring his company to fire him. That's uncool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And as we talked about last week when you were earned here, it is a stew of a number of things. I mean, the people at the top are being quoted. They were pretty uncomfortable with how far he had been going for a long time, just in terms of having an audience, his audience was very small. The ratings have been going down like all of those shows for a very long time. So on the shows are so expensive to put on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And as a conservative, if the many TV stations in the middle of America had said, look, we don't want air this guy anymore, yeah awful. What he said was unforgivable, and the freaking government could have just stayed out of it. Yeah, that would have been righteous and powerful. Yeah.
Speaker 4: One other poll to hit you with before we take a break. Do you view socialism positively? Two thirds of Democrats say yes, thirty eight percent of independence, which is still too dang high, and fourteen percent of Republicans. What kind of a Republican are you that you have as positive view as socialism? Anyway, that's fourteen percent.
Speaker 2: But how about we don't want you.
Speaker 4: How about two thirds of Democrats have a positive view of socialism based on well, based on what your damn teacher told you. My son who is no longer in the history class, the American history class, I'd been complaining about his last class he attended. The entire hour was spent on the evils of settler colonialism, which is a term only Marxists yews at all. By the way, let alone discuss it for an hour in your American history class. How crazy is that? What a bunch of crap?
Speaker 2: I wish people had any grasp of how much of what they hear is neo Marxist.
Speaker 4: But my point was, that's why you have two thirds of Democrats having a positiveview of socialism because their high school, their grade school and high school and college teachers all told them it was cool.
Speaker 2: All right, here's an essay question for you, and we don't really have time to talk about it, but you can stew on it for a while. Is socialism slash communism the best slash most successful fraud ever sold a man? Absolutely? I don't have to think of that. The only one that I think is worse is living a life of sin and pleasure will make you happy. But that's non political. Right.
Speaker 4: Well, well, we'll see what Mayor Mom Dammi has to say about it when he when he takes.
Speaker 2: Office in New York.
Speaker 4: Thirty comy, We've got more on the way you stay here, Joshua Cardyan. This time Jan Davis, the big man, looks for the I said on one big Cake. Eagles hang on, Eagles block a field goal attempts or run it back, win the game, stay undefeated with about a half dozen other teams that are three and zero in the NFL.
Speaker 2: No offense to our brilliant agent, Eric and Eagles fans all across America. But boy, I hate the Eagles. That that guy Davis weighs three hundred and thirty six pounds, quick as a cat, that's unfair. Say it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and as only we have been saying the tush push should be banned because it's boring. It's just boring. It makes up for a boring TV show. Yeah a great, Yeah it's terrible. Don't get me started.
Speaker 2: So I did a bunch of flying over the weekend, and one thing I noticed in every airport and you do too, in every airport is you walk by the Starbucks, and generally, at least in the morning, there's an enormous eye line. Oh yeah, I ain't waiting in that line, and then you got like three other places domed out, fresh hot, really good coffee with maybe two people in line. Now I get they don't sell the same fancy milkshakes, but boy is Starbucks done a brilliant job of branding, no kidding, but they've struggled lately. And so if you feel like your local baristas like extra sweet and friendly to you, it's because that's the new strategy. They've got a whole new playbook out. I think I had that experience yesterday. Well that's great. Interesting. You walk in the door, the barista looks you in the eye, smiles and says, welcome to Starbucks. They may call you by name if you're a regular. When your drink is ready in four minutes or less, the barrist is there again, handing it to you. Your caramel machiato looks so good. It's one of my favorites, they say. Making your way to a comfy chair, you notice a smiley face and I have a nice day, scrawled and sharpie across your cop It's all according to a carefully written script, you know, was the rifted. Pleasantness is better than no pleasantness.
Speaker 4: I guess is there a belief that they weren't being friendly enough at Starbucks?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I guess. The chief executive, Brian Nickel, is a year and to hit that job, and he's betting that the company's future lies in making its cafes warm and inviting. Okay, And you know, and it's a good point. The difference between one, you know, bar in another is not like that beer. That guy's beers make me intoxicated. This guy's peers don't, for instance. Right, It's all about atmosphere and just the way it makes you feel. Uh So, the world's largest coffee company mounting a new effort to choreograph the way it's hundreds of thousands of briests to speak in America. The way they make drinks. They head off orders their coach to read customer's moods, choose the right gestures, call correct tone of.
Speaker 4: Voice, coached to read moods. I'd like to be involved in that. That's an interesting thought. You're going to read my mood and then react accordingly. Like if I'm angry at the world, you're going to what embrace that or try to turn it around?
Speaker 2: I hate the world you. I'd like to kill these mm for savat you. Here's your machiato. Yeah, well, it doesn't have something to do with I was just reading about the gen z stare with their you know, digital natives staring at a screen since there were kids, lack of social skill, inability to read face.
Speaker 4: So Barista's gonna read my mood every days the same and then you die you with me, I am.
Speaker 2: Here's your carmel, latte, machi yo, pumpkin spice fla pumpkin spice thing. Pause for a second to make eye contact. Don't rush the moment. That reads the That's how the thank with eye contact contact section of the new training Manual reads employees should be present with customers, even while multitasking. If there's a mishapa burritas, I'm sorry. I read much more quickly than I can speak, and so my tongue is behind the times. Anyway, if there's a mishap baristas need to latte latte jack. They've come up with an acronym, but happens to be one of the most popular products. Listen, apologize, take action, thank, and ensure satisfied. That's try and do hard. So if they steam extra pleasant for you, that's that's fine. I'm glad you told me this. If I come across a surly barista, I'm going to call him or her out. Do you know that if you come across a pleasant one, I accuse them of photios I'll ask him if do you know what the letters in latta mean? Listen, activate, tertiary or something that in a way, something armstrong and getty.