Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. See DKNNG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Dak Prescott isn't concerned about his contract situation. It is what Dak said. I don't play for money, never have never cared for what bad Please, Hey, I told you how to coach say. The reason why I love seanp so much is that he would play this game for PRE, I said, coach, don't need everybody else to play for PRE too. Gonna be the only one playing for free. On the other playing for PRE sign me up. But I ain't gonna be the only one. But this is what Dak said. Uh, he said, never have never cared for it. To be honest with you, would give it up just to play the game. Ohto you know we gotta fit Ojo Hey yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yea yeah, oh Joe. He's a face to the franchise. I would you have to start his helming. You're gonna say, all right, You're gonna say all the right things, you know. Hey, listen, you know when your first meet the girl, you know you first, I got to count.
Speaker 3: Gotta have fixed. I try. I try to get you laid down as quick as I can't. What the right sleep trying hold on?
Speaker 5: I bet you never did this one first day. She you know you ain't got to drive home. You know it's kind of late. You know you can, you can spend the night. And you know what I do. I let you have the bed. I'll sleep on the couch. Hmm, I sleep on the couch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you.
Speaker 5: I love that that. I let that. Probably tired.
Speaker 3: Right there? Watch TV.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey, listen, I love I love back to death. And he's saying all the things he has to say. Obviously he can't say the things he wants to say. He's doing he's doing everything right. He always has done everything right. He's being he's being a pros pro. He's being a pros pro bad. And at the end of the day, as former players, we know, oh Joe, that money, that money matters you, and it always matters you. Ain't playing for free.
Speaker 2: We love our fans, We love you know, we love doing this. Have an opportunity, opportunity to just to talk to that fan. You and I would do nightcare for free.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Hey, the only thing free is foundation and we don't got ministers found a way to charge for that.
Speaker 2: Ain't nothing free but foundation and they charge for that. Now, oh Shay, don't do no, oh no, yo, now, hey.
Speaker 5: Dak, shut out. Hey Dad, I know you're watching this boy.
Speaker 2: Come on, he's in our live that the business people to say what it's worth, what we're supposed to do. You have a quarterback of my play, a person of my play of my play. I guess you could say for me, it's about controlling what I can control. Handle that part, and the w rest will take care of it, says itself. Excuse me, I don't really care. I don't really take things personal, Prescott said. Maybe my first deal things were a little different than they are now. One my age too, who I am, where I am in my life, and I guess the fact that the first deal got done, the understanding that this is at this point and I have a lot of decisions, and I have a lot of decisions in this too. I have a lot to say. Uh, it's about understanding the business is the business? Yeah, listen to me. Honestly, to me, if I was Dak, I would bet on myself.
Speaker 5: I would pull I would pull a Kirk Cousins like what Kirk Cousins did when he was in with the Commanders. Yeah, I would. I would play this last year out and hit the market. I would hit the market. And when he hits the market, there are multiple teams that could use Dak Prescott. He's a great leader of men, he's a great quarterback. Many won't consider him elite. I like him, and most importantly, if he goes somewhere that has a great supporting cast, we can see a Dak that can reach heights. Even he didn't think he could that. I think he might be. He might be because of the circus where he is. It could be rough. All the added pressure, wrong person in front of the camera now allowed, not allowing the coaches to coach, not allowing the players to play, speaking for the players, speaking for the coaches. Being somewhere else, we don't have to deal with that. I think it would It would do him do justice.
Speaker 2: Let me ask your question, if the Cowboys after for Dak five years, one hundred and fifty million, you think he takes.
Speaker 5: It five.
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Money don't matter?
Speaker 5: That's not enough.
Speaker 3: Money don't matter, It didn't matter. I want okay.
Speaker 5: If I'm I'm even if I'm Dak, if I'm Dak's agent, and they asked, they offered me five for one fifty. I'm gonna tell Jerry, don't worry about it. We're gonna play it. We're gonna play the season out. We good appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing, the thing that he does.
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, he got a he got all he got all the levers too. Yeah, and there's not too many scenarios and not too many chances or opportunities where players had the leverage. Yeah, he got all the leverage.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Because they can't franchise it. If I'm not mistaken, they.
Speaker 5: Can't trade, no trade claws, and he has no franchise tag.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be. It's gonna he's gonna they're at his mercy. The question is do they believe they can go get somebody? I mean they signed check this out. Trey Lance says it's confidence is higher now than it was when the end of the league he played eight only eight games. The four starts in San Francisco traded up to draft him in twenty twenty one. Lance will go through the season competing with Cooper Rush for the backup job behind that my confidence is much higher than what it was when I got into the NFL.
Speaker 3: For sure, I kind of didn't know what to expect.
Speaker 2: I think that's probably what most rookies, if not all of them, at one point or another throughout the first year. I feel great where I am, where I'm at. Continue to get better, continue to learn, continue to be a better quarterback. That through five hundred and twenty back through five hundred and ninety passes last season. Lance has thrown four hundred and twenty passes since high school, including none last season in Dallas.
Speaker 5: Listen, maybe Trey Lance in the future. But again, like I said, I would if I was DA, I would bet on myself.
Speaker 2: Now they come to you with a number, now, if they come to you with if they come with you with a ry golf type number.
Speaker 5: Yeah yo yo, yeah, you taking that, Taka, You're taking that. But again, I think they work on their own time, their own timing as far as especially in contract negotiation like this, because you still have Michael Parsons you have to pay, You still have ceed Land you have to pay. But again, when it comes to quarterback position, you always want to take your quarterback and you want him to know that he is valued and he is a quarterback of the future. So I'm not sure why it's taking so long because I think, if I'm not mistaken, all the other quarterbacks have been taken care of. Except that's what's gonna happen. Yeah, it's very soon too as well.
Speaker 2: Well, Jared Golf got his money. He penciled down. I think he's like fifty two to fifty three million. Borrow is the most. He's at fifty five. I think Justin Herbert is a little bit under that, like fifty two to fifty three. So all those guys are kind of like the fifty two to fifty three mark, right. Obviously, you see Patrick Mahomes did his number. He came in at forty five million. They just gave him some money upfront as a let's just keep this thing together.
Speaker 3: Let's see if we can keep Stone cold.
Speaker 2: Let's see if we get you know, keep running back with some of the key players obviously that were not able to keep the Jerry asleep. The Jerry sneed there. They did, they did stop. They did it right. They didn't franchise him, they did they allowed it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so don't disrespect him, don't There's certain players you can disrespect for their franchise tag, and there's certain players don't even play with Don't don't play like that. Don't don't even play like that.
Speaker 2: Mahomes has one can playing about the Chiefs twenty twenty four schedule, and it's not playing on Christmas. The Chiefs kick off the first regular season game with the Band of Ceremony September fifth, against the Ravens. From there, they have a Black Friday game, a Christmas Day game, a Saturday game, two Sunday night games, two Monday night games. But it's actually when they're by week falls that he sees a slight issue. The only thing that I care don't like is the early bye. The early bide is always tough. But other than that, I'm just ready to play football. I love his mindset. I really do. The earliest time I've ever had a bye, we got to do Christmas Wednesday night game, which would be like a four day weekend. But at the same time that week six by it's Texas Tech by two, So I can't even go see my college team play. So check us out, O shoe. They got, they played. They start the season. Obviously, you win the Super Bowl, you start receiving deserving it.
Speaker 3: So, so you.
Speaker 2: Got your Black Friday game, which is a game after Thanksgiving, you got the Christmas Day game, you got a Saturday game, two Sunday night games, two Monday night games. Well, my homeboy and everybody want to see you, broye.
Speaker 5: They do rightfully, So to who much is given.
Speaker 2: Much as required, And plus the fact the matter is Ojo that Black Friday game we're selling at the Amazon. Well, if I'm gonna spend one hundred, one hundred and fifty million dollars, I need, I need box Office? Who's more box Office than my homeboy? Okay, Netflix, they're streaming the Christmas they gave. I need box Office, who's more box Office than my own boy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and listen also, and I hate to bring this up, Travis Kelsey is connected to a young lady that has an entirely different demographic and age group watching those games as well.
Speaker 3: Well. But don't bring that up. Oh yase, they gonna get mad at us.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just telling you. I'm just telling you. And she's made she's made her business to let people know she will she will be at these games. Follow her man, she will be at these games, and what does that.
Speaker 3: Do NFL follow the money.
Speaker 5: Come on, now, it's chess, not check us. Chess not check us. At the end of the day, remember what their bottom line is. No matter what they tell you, what they say, it's all about the money at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: So I'm not I'm not up. I'm not upset. I'm not upset about you know, that's tough. I mean, that's an early bye week because you think about all those games that they're gonna have on Black Friday, on Christmas Day and those Sunday Sunday night games. Yeah, the NFL could have dide a ma solid and put their by week around week ten, week eleven.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, my our bye weeks when I was there, always fell kind of like right the middle of like week eight, week nine.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, So you know I'm good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't. I don't even know. It's so funny, you know. You know what I did on my bye week, especially if we if we had a winning record my bye week, I ain't take no buy now. I go play I go play up soccer the whole time every every year.
Speaker 2: Well, now, oh Joe, I think they got to give you the whole week off. Mike Canahan won't give you the whole week off?
Speaker 5: Whoa a whole week?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they get the whole week off.
Speaker 5: Whatever came from.
Speaker 3: I guess it's in the new CBA. Y.
Speaker 5: That's that's that's crazy. I mean a whole week, man, we got Mike.
Speaker 2: You know, we go out there third like we might get Thursday, we might get half of theay Thursday, so Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and then we had to be back Monday to work and be worked out.
Speaker 5: But by noon three days. Man, look here, that ain't no damn bye week.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling what I'm telling what we had. I all know about all of the other teams. I don't know what the mother team did.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't speak to that, But I'm telling you what the Bronx had when we were when we were there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I man, I remember, I remember clearly all my bye weeks. I remember clearly all my bye weeks, and every time we had practiced Monday. I think we practiced Monday. I think we practiced Tuesday, and we'd be off Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and we and we had to be back Monday. Man. That whole week. I'm in Miami. I'll never forget. I played soccer at KSP Kendu Soccer Park. I play at Urban Soccer five. At that time, it was in in wynn Wood. Man, I'm playing soccer the whole week and then I come back Monday ready and back the football.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm right here. Didn't one doing that? Yeah, were doing that, And it wasn't no situations. It wasn't no situations were like, hey, you know, such and such got the whole week. Maybe, man, please, they don't care.
Speaker 5: He don't cut nobody know what nobody else doing.
Speaker 2: Ill no hell to the know, because he's like, he's gonna tell us, Hey, we're trying to do. That is what they trying to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can't wring your players into the ground, man.
Speaker 2: Man, please, we're so happy about that. We're so happy to getting off now because that means we can take the flight. And you know it's still two hours, you know, but you at least you got Friday Saturday. Man, you gotta leave Sunday night.
Speaker 3: I can't chance leaving Friday Monday morning. Yeah, and in that plane, something happened with the frame or you miss a fight. Oh hell, no, man, Mike, lose it.
Speaker 5: Damn mind y'all y'all got fined back?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 5: What de fines one? That the fines one? That must though, because.
Speaker 2: Uh, I think like a fine might be like say, I find like two thousand dollars on yo, if you if you paid, if you paid one thousand dollars in front of the team, he would he if you paid one thousand dollars in.
Speaker 5: Cash, right he a thousand flight?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay.
Speaker 3: And so it's the fact, because here is the fact.
Speaker 2: You walking down there, so somebody we might not know you was late, we might not have known you done something, but you're coming down there to hand Mike some money.
Speaker 3: We know you have fed up. So that's that's kind of what it.
Speaker 2: Was because it's kind of like the team know that you let them down in somewhere. Maybe you was late for a meeting, you missed the meeting, but that walk off that like we have that walkthrough. We're not walked through eleven o'clock. Man, please, man, they see Mike mag man, boy, you better not be late for that walkthrough. Mike, play that. And then here's the thing, oh Joe, you know to walk through we're not going full speed, but it's a nice speed.
Speaker 5: Now yeah, yeah, yeah, man, Oh.
Speaker 2: Joe, watzie. Why them dudes start coming out there with tims, Come on home.
Speaker 3: Man, come on, hold yo, man.
Speaker 5: They had on ten man new joke coming out there. Then hold on, it was cold right when it was cold up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm just Oh Joe, that's not them jokers coming out there.
Speaker 3: They got the jeans on and then got the sweats over the jeans.
Speaker 5: Jeans.
Speaker 3: Oh Lord, have mercy, man, Mike, they might call that thing up.
Speaker 5: He said, y'all ever come out here like that again?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: I said, See, I knew y'all will go f it up. I knew I knew it. I knew it, But they knew how Mike was. Oh Joe, we got we having a practice. This was in ninety seven. Anybody else on that team that could take Oh Joe, we were about thirty minutes through from practice. Now mind you, we're already out there.
Speaker 3: We've already been out there about an hour and fifteen minutes. Yes, sir, I started the whole practice, over the whole practice, the whole practice.
Speaker 2: And I'm talking about this knowed like a beat. I'm talking about this so cold old choke. Look, I don't know what. I think it was a team drill, and I might have started it.
Speaker 3: They dropped the ball. Figure, I dropped the ball. Rod dropped the ball through a swing past the TV. He dropped the ball. Yeah, man, Mike Blue, that whistle, everybody whistle, start shoover.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, so you know, oh you know, I'm like, you know, my bad, fellows, my bad. So I'm thinking we about to start the period over right, this man starts stretching and everything over.
Speaker 3: Matter. I wanted to fight Mike matter and uh yes, starting practice over Look here when I say Mike, when I say Mike ran a tight ship.
Speaker 2: And now foolishness, we didn't have no foolishness because hey, bro, look here, don't y'all mess this up?
Speaker 3: Heat up?
Speaker 2: Like okay, guys, if we douce X Y and Z, hey such and such. Man, look here, hey, we got this time, we're gonna do it. We're gonna go out there, we're gona play, were gonna practice our ass. Don't y'all this up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we know we had a we were a veteran led team, like Mike, let us police the team we'll fight all you young mofos up in this thing.
Speaker 2: Don't y'all mess this up. Man, Mike started a whole practic from stretching. I thought we were gonna go back to the period and start in a period, right right right, This man doesna start the whole bofolk practice over and we gotta go stretch all over again.
Speaker 3: I couldn't even be hot because I was so damn cold. Yeah, and that's what, ol Joe.
Speaker 2: And when I tell people the mindset that you have to that you have to have, that I believe you need to have. Mike, ain't let nothing skate like you drop a past and and and and like you the defense might do something might blow an assignment and defense. Oh so nobody, we got it, Mike, say no, if we don't.
Speaker 3: Run down again, oh a drop past?
Speaker 5: Oh that's that? Ain't sliding? Oh no, hell no. And so Mike, Michael, Mike was like Tom Causton and basically.
Speaker 3: He didn't like look. Mike was very very like his time.
Speaker 2: Like time was like the meeting starts at this time when Mike, when Mike walked down them steps, don't you want your.
Speaker 5: Ass in behind him?
Speaker 2: So everybody was we understood when Mike come to that room, everybody needs to be in their seat. If you're not in there, you might just go ahead and chalk it up. Like I said, the one time I was late. I don't think he'd known I was late. It's just so hap I was offensive player of the week, and when he called my name, I didn't come down to get the wars.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 3: I was standing up.
Speaker 2: I was outside the beating room looking at him like, but no, but you Mike, look be on time.
Speaker 3: That was his number one thing. Be on time.
Speaker 2: Practice started, I mean, meeting started this time, practice started this time. So for the song that was that was really his only thing. And then he let the veteran players. He let us police the locker room what was supposed to transpire, because a lot of times, oh Joe, we put out fires before he got the mic.
Speaker 3: He didn't know anything about it, right.
Speaker 2: And I think that's where veteran leadership comes in at and that's why you you can never have a really enough of quality vests. Nah nah na, get your ass in the meeting room. Get off the phone. Your problem. You're on the phone too much. That's why that's why you're not playing talking about man, they messing over me. Nah, I pulled a film. I say, see you messing over us, right, get in there. But we needed that o Joe. You need and until, like you build a situation on Joe, you don't really know what it takes to win until you in a winning situation. And you could say that's why the forty nine ers had all that damn success. If you go back and look at the forty nine ers, you look at when Mike Holman got to the Packers and they started to win consistently.
Speaker 3: You I guarantee you I can go.
Speaker 2: I don't really know how the Patriots did thing, but I get to tell you why they won.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm yeah yeah. Listen, my time there was the Patriots. I understood why they won within the first week. Within the first week, Bill Belichick, he ran a tight ship. Got to no one had to explain what the Patriot way was and just the way everyone conducted themselves. And that's from the top all the way to the bottom. Yep, from the top all the way to the bottom, from the cafeteria to the training room. I'm like, oh, okay, now I understand. Now I get it now. Obviously the ninety percent of that was also having number twelve and that key centerpiece at the ham of everything. But man, unbelievable. I tell people all the time. If people ask me, well, what was it like playing for Belichick? What was it like being on the Patriots? I say, listen, I've never been to the army, never been to the military. I'm not a Navy seal. But if I had to take a guess, the discipline instructure that it takes to be in the armed forces is what it takes the place for the god damn Patriots. Yeah, same same thing, same concept. And I come to understand that Bell Belichick has a background academy and that is why he ran it the way he did. And that's exactly what that environment felt like.
Speaker 2: And see, that's why it never bothered me. My grandfather was in the military, so I understood what a structured environment was.
Speaker 5: Oh so you was used to it.
Speaker 2: It didn't bother me. My grandmother he what you said, be up at be up at a certain amount of time. We're gonna go pick peas, or we gonna hit these fields. We gotta go pick up he cans or whatever the case may be. All right, boys, such and such gonna come by tomorrow. Okay, I already know what that means. That man coming by, he gonna pick us up at seven o'clock. That means you get your butt up, you know, wash your face, brush your teeth, be ready to hit that truck.
Speaker 3: Right. I understood that, so it was never a problem to me. Coach Reive, he read Coach Reeve.
Speaker 2: Was a I know, old school Tom Landry, no bull drive, no bs, you jump off sides and training camp, you run aloud.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you make the whole team run.
Speaker 5: Hey, I can't imagine growing men running the loud.
Speaker 2: You can, you can imagine it. You could have fagined it because it happened. I don't know if anybody's in the chat that was on those teams Coach Reeve was. I was with Coach Reid from ninety to ninety two. Go ask them, Go ask them, hey, and if you hurt O Joe man, they put you on that UBI.
Speaker 3: You ever did the ub? Were you paddled like this here?
Speaker 5: No, what's that?
Speaker 3: It's a bike.
Speaker 2: But if so, you got like a halm string issue or something like that, that's how you get your cardio. Okay, man, he ran me up out of there. Man doing that, you'll be for thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: Thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Man, you go all out four minute, you break four minutes, all out four minute, you break four minutes for bad Please, Oh Joe, Oh, I can'tna put that thing oufter day. I say, I ain't hurt no more.
Speaker 5: I ain't hurt no more.
Speaker 3: Your hell don oh Joe, check this out.
Speaker 2: Zach Wilson called the trade better sweet, but grateful for a fresh stars j the Dreads. The Jets traded Wilson and a seventh round pick to the Broncos. Obviously there's bettersweet moments and everything. Wilson said of the trade. I'm grateful for my experience there, experiences there and the guys. I missed the guys out there everything. But at the same time, a fresh start is good. I'm excited to attack an new challenge. Wilson gets a fresh start, it remains to be seen whether he wears the starting job he's vying. He's vying for the Broncos starting job with Jack Stidham. First round draft pick bow Knicks is also in the competition.
Speaker 5: Oh Chell, Hey, Zack Wilson, that's my guy. You know, I love Zach I've been rooting for him since he left b RYU. Obviously unfortunate circumstances being in New York, but we all need a fresh start. Sometime you're in a relationship and when your break up, you find something better. And I think the situation he's in now is something better. I like Jared Stidham, he's nice. I love bo Nicks, but the starting quarterback for the Broncos will be Zach Wilson week one. I'm telling you now, so it's not a surprise to anyone in the chat or the rest of the world that actually sees his clip. Zach needed a fresh start, he needed a change of scenery, and he got that. And on top of having a change of scenery, he has a quarterback coach, quarterback gurule you you would think, and mister Sean Payton that did wonders with Drew Brees, and I think he's going to do wonders with Zach Wilson. And I'm staying I'm standing on that.
Speaker 3: All right, y'all heard he here?
Speaker 5: First, Let's go Zach.
Speaker 2: Jaylen Phillips had an interesting visitor up to his home. Let's take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 1: Man this is so Florida should if I ever seen. But how the hell did he get in there? And man's bathing and my toilet and he's not a pet. I don't know where he came from.
Speaker 5: A little a little baby varner man came from the came from the sewer.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: I like that. But Jayleen, you might you might have get you might might want to get used to that. Boy, you're in Florida. Now, you're in Florida. Alligators, alligators everywhere. Yeah, you're going us everywhere. Yeah, get used to that now. I don't know how the alligator, I mean, the Wana guy went through the sewic sistem and came up through the toilet. I've seen it happen with snakes, because snakes they crawl and get into everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But and you you gotta be, you gotta get you gotta get used to that.
Speaker 3: That's normal.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about alligators everywhere here, man, golf courses, yeah, uh you right.
Speaker 3: Habitat what the hell you expect where they're gonna go? Y'all keep going further and further out into the evilat, into the march land. They gotta go somewhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, most definitely, definitely. Listen, you have to learn to coexist with them. You got to learn to co exist with them.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to coexist with them because they end up being got one of my dogs. And then every alligator I'll see, I'm gonna kill it.
Speaker 5: Oh well, if you listen, if you buy, if you if you buy any of the made lakes. Oh, they got them gators out there now because you got you got you got dude. Dudes that's in the street. They want to own alligators. They get them when they're small, and then when they get too big, they let they let them out and let them go.
Speaker 3: That's what happened with those iguana's.
Speaker 2: That's what happened with those those snakes that doesn't have any natural.
Speaker 3: Predators, and they get bigger and bigger, and they eat up all the.
Speaker 2: Natural you know, eat up all the raccoons, all the pontles, all the they eat them all the things.
Speaker 3: So I'm I'm gonna try to stay out of Florida.
Speaker 5: Because no, no, no, no, no no. If you matter of fact, you know, I just got my real estate license. So if you want to come down here, you know, I got to get a place for you. Real quick, real quick. I quit listen at Southwest Ranches got some nice places, We got some.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get all the gators out of my part.
Speaker 2: My man made late before before I come down, before they come down there, because me and gators don't get along, because anything that harm my dog, we don't get along.
Speaker 5: No, no, your dog. Listen, your dog ain't gonna be outside nowhere. They too little?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you all how they go?
Speaker 5: How are you gonna let them a little dog outside? You gonna lose them?
Speaker 3: You know they don't. They be in the yard playing.
Speaker 5: Nah, man, No, you can't have them. They too Come on, man.
Speaker 3: I got a big one too.
Speaker 5: Wait you got a big dog? What kind of dog?
Speaker 3: You got a boar boy?
Speaker 5: Oh that's right, you did talk about You did tell me that. Okay they big, biggest hair, like a Bollard master.
Speaker 3: Damn yeah, same family as the South African Master.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Uh do you understand do you understand how out of pocket you have to be a Kelly Rowling? They have to check you.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting to see how some rushed off the step with arm and her face, stepping on her dress, and some will wait patiently for her check a. Listen to this video, O Joe, the hell of security doing? She stepping all on her dress, She's pushing her.
Speaker 5: Why is she telling her?
Speaker 3: Lady, gone back down? You don't mess it up? Now, you don't. Don't nobody want to hear what you gotta say?
Speaker 2: Kelly Kelly addressed the situation today. This is what she had to say.
Speaker 6: The woman knows what happened. I know what happened, and I have a boundary, and I stand by those boundaries, and that is easy. And there were other women that attended that carpet who did not quite look like and they didn't get that sold or pushed offs, are told to get off, and I stood my ground, and she felt like she had to stand hers, but I stood my.
Speaker 5: Ground, so I right listen and just her talking and explaining her piece on what happened. I guess sense the pain in her voice. That's that's it's embarrassing. Why are you rushing her up the stairs for what?
Speaker 2: Oh Jo, this is what happens. You and I both walked the red carpet. Okay, they said, okay, mister shark, Okay. The whole little card up Channa Shark or they say, o Jo sinko. So okay, right here, right here, So I'm standing, I'm standing right here.
Speaker 3: I'm getting pictures. Okay, right here, Shanna. Can you get right here, right here, churn down a little bit right here, Okay, you take a go for the little father right here, right here, right here, right Miss sharps shouting Shannon Shanty. Can't you turn back? So you know you stopping right to make everybody, to make sure everybody wants to get their pictures right. And so what happened if you notice she's walking up the steps and she turns back around and she waighs because clearly somebody said.
Speaker 2: Him the name, yeah, wanting to get another shot of her, And she like, okay, now you gotta you gotta, you gotta go unhanded, like unhand me.
Speaker 3: Woman. You steping on the first of all, you stepping on the lady train. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, you see some of the gentleman come down. Okay, he's taking over.
Speaker 3: There's a reason why he's higher up for you, so letting him take it from here. You gone back down. You see you see her, she turned around, she waving because somebody probably said Kelly. Kelly won more picture right here, right here, right here, over here. They hold up the hand over here, right here, right here, and the lady said, you need to move it along. Well, she was moving along.
Speaker 2: Until somebody said Kelly and said they wanted another picture. So I'm just trying to give people an idea having and I'm not going to the oscars. I'm saying, but I've been to a couple of events that required, you know, you have to take pictures. And then they said with Shanna missus shape whil you mnd doing you an interview with say People magazine or this or that. And You're like, okay, sure, but that seems to me what transpired is that someone called Kelly to take another picture. They wanted to get another shot of her, and the lady like, I got a job to do, and so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, listen, I I hope the young lady. I'm not sure if she has had the opportunity to apologize to her. Obviously she has a job to do, and I think her job was to keep keep the carpet going. So yeah, so it didn't get it didn't get congested, but again she shouldn't have done it. I mean, she shouldn't have done it at all. Kelly. We love you, you know, and listen you you're you're lucky. She ain't snap ye lucky.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So she's like, okay, let me be let me be professional. But you stepped on the ladies. First of all, you don't stepped on the lady dress.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Now, boy, just because you know, a lot of those dresses are like you know, hey, you you had had anything to eat that whole day.
Speaker 3: You don't make sure you're gonna be able to fit it. You're gonna be able to fit in that dress.
Speaker 5: You're looking looking good. Here she go, ruining the moment.
Speaker 3: Yes, get your.
Speaker 5: Tour hands off me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know, hey, because you know, black people we turned into twill it. When we get upset, we start talking with you know, no mind moving.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: You know that's that's how the people when black people get upset, they get that betuloquis. Boys ain't no, ain't no lift moving.
Speaker 5: But they talking through their te and but you can hear them though clear as they.
Speaker 3: M hm, get you good. But Kelly, Kelly, you showed a lot of restraints and you see key I don't know if this Kelly is our person or deserve system. She told her letter, get your hands off by my boss.
Speaker 5: Listen. She held her composure very well. She held a composer.
Speaker 2: Right, WA's this, Watch this lady, Watch this lady. Uh you see the gentleman come mm hmm. Watched the lady come back down?
Speaker 5: Oh she did, and she looked down. Don't touch me, okay, and you know, you know, you know where black folks now when you use that finger, you know black folk when you use that finger and point to you. Now all right, now you got one. You got one more time. Now you already overstep your bund you put your hands on you. Don't put your hands on me.
Speaker 2: It's like yeah, you said, and they were talking to you. Oh yes, and they got the hand in the back. Can get good hands on me, Kelly you again, now get that Joey Kelly. Oh yeah, you're right, you're right. But they still got the hand in the smaller your back. What Kelly should have been. See when you see a man do his hand like they pall that nook. They don't get the point. They put that like the right, but they put in your face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, leave it alone. Leave it alone. You know, step on that lady.
Speaker 5: D got a hand, got a hand in her hand, all in the.
Speaker 3: Way like man, that's the way you're man. Put his head in the smaller but his woman's back.
Speaker 5: Get get the guy. Yeah yeah, and get your ass out the way. Man in the head, get.
Speaker 2: Your hands off. We don't want to talk to no more. We don't have enough. You don't, you don't, you don't done enough. Now get out of my place.
Speaker 5: And that's that's. That's in the South of France, kNs in the South of France, right, matter of fact, I got I gotta go up there. I got I gotta go there. July twenty first, July twenty first, for the Lions. I just you know, your boy, your boy won award. Let me let me, let me, let me tell you what it is. I won the award, So I got to shoot out there.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 5: June seventeen, oh, June sixteenth, June sixteenth, O, yoe, Are you're going? You going?
Speaker 3: Are you going? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah exactly, And you're gonna be there. You're gonna be there.
Speaker 3: How do you think you're getting there?
Speaker 5: Hey, Well, I'm going with you. We're flying private because I'm going on Spirit. I'm taking like three flights.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's one thing. That's one thing I know about a spirit. They ain't going over there.
Speaker 5: Oh oh yeah, oh no, oh yes.
Speaker 3: Well I'll be there and back by the time you get over there on Spirit.
Speaker 5: Hey, hold on, hold on, hold on, hey, what what you're wearing? What you mean like like what you're wearing? Like nightcap?
Speaker 3: What you mean? What am I wearing?
Speaker 5: Are we doing nightcap from France?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh hey, oh that's what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about. Let's go, let's go. I'm saying the little, the little, the war show. What you're wearing. You're wearing a suit?
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't know. I having a signe, I do go, I do gotta, I do got a suit. I have a war.
Speaker 2: In a while, I might break it out, but you know it's gonna it's gonna be. It's gonna be. So some problems from linen.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know what, I'm a West, I'm a Western. I'm Wesse Lennen too. Then I'm gonna wear black linen, black linen, I wear white linen. White? Are you went white?
Speaker 3: For real?
Speaker 5: Okay? Okay, okay, that's that you you you're on your least a ray White. Yeah yeah, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: You know I got a couple. You know I got a couple. You got a color, got a couple of bits. I gotta tell you, don't you know how it is?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: All right, Oh Joe, it's time for the segment. Everybody loved a rough draft. Last week it was that we were picking soul food. So here we go again.
Speaker 3: Now it's time for rough draft.
Speaker 5: Oh all right, here we go, here we go, here we go, here we go, here we go.
Speaker 2: All right, oh Joe, today's draft is holidays. Last week I went first. Now it's your turn to go first. So you're up first the first holiday. What you're going with My first holiday? And we all know I'm gonna give them. I'm gonna give her. I love to give.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I'm on the receiveing in. But my first holiday chat, you know, I'm going with Christmas. That was good, that was good, that was good with them.
Speaker 3: I can't be bad at that. I can't be mad at that. But you know what I'm going with? O joke. I I know everybody think I'm going with this one. I'm going with Mother's Day.
Speaker 5: You know what, that's all the damn kids I got. I should have picked Mother's Day too, My bad, My bad, My bad. Okay, okay, okay, I got I got another one though. Valentine's Days. Yeah, then I got a boat.
Speaker 3: Dave hold the calendar when Buddy Crocker.
Speaker 5: No, No, I'm thinking. When I think about Christmas, I think about the kids. I think about the kids and putting a smile on their face, you know, and giving them some of the things that they want because you know, throughout the year they don't really asking them. But Christmas, you know.
Speaker 2: It get crazy, crazy, bloody, Lee Crocker, Betty Husband. Yeah, all right, you know what joke. Yeah, I appreciate the repeat. I'm gonna take Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: Thanksgiving, Yeah, nah, man, I got I got a better one for you. But Halloween, you can't be Halloween. You can't. You can't. You can't be Halloween.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what I'm going with my third holiday. I'm going with June team.
Speaker 5: Uh Okay, June June, Okay, JUNI teen Junior team is cool. That's a good one. But I got one better, and I need you to be a part of this.
Speaker 3: This year.
Speaker 5: Okay, National toe sucking Day? Hell no, yeah, yeah, listen, listen work No, no, you're not working that day. Listen. According to the Urban Dictionary, no national What day is National toe Sucking Day?
Speaker 3: Ain't? No day, ain't on my calendar.
Speaker 5: No, No, I'm serious, I'm serious. No, it's it's on the calendar. This is the real thing. This is the real thing. It's a real thing. But you you have to. You have to evolve. You have to evolve, and you're not evolving if you ain't sucking toes, well you have to. And then when you graduate from the toes, you know, you you work your way other places. But that's another story.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: Then I'm like, I'm like Neanderthal, I'm walking on all fours.
Speaker 5: Right yet you can't listen to k Man. Days are long gone?
Speaker 3: Okay, who I'll take Eastern.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, it's the work. You know, most people you know, you go to church. She is East egg hunt. Yeah, okay, I like it. You know what I'm going with? National Cigar Day, National Cigar Day, Februe, yeah, Fabrue February twenty seventh. National Cigar Day of February twenty seven. As matter of fact, National Toe Sucond Day in June tenth, So it's coming up. So I need you whoever you be texting and going on dates with you need that she needs to let you know about about National Toe Sucond Day on the tenth of June.
Speaker 3: Do you know what, John, I was gonna go. I would go, you know what I'm gonna take? What if I take New Year's.
Speaker 5: That's a good one. That's a good one. But hold on, if you take a New Year's right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do you or do you have a New Year's resolution? Do you do? You? Do you have a New Year's resolution every year?
Speaker 3: Not really? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, me neither. But I'm sick of people always having a New Year's resolution, and they do it for the first month or maybe the first two months, and then the next ten months they right back into the old they old routine. Okay, nobody ever sticks today, nobody ever sticks today.
Speaker 3: Thing. What you want? What you want your honor mentioned holiday to beat?
Speaker 5: My honorable mentioned holiday would be Veteran's Day. I like that one Veteran's Day. Salute all the troops for everyone, the missus rap thank you for your service and all they've done.
Speaker 3: I'm going with I'm going with Emailkday.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's a good one. That's a good Listen. I miss I missed Emailkday when I was younger being in Miami. New York does it, Philly does it, and here in Miami we do it as well. Like Martin Luther King Day. We pull out the dirt bikes, we pull out the Yamaha ban tees and we ride. We ride on the freeway if you ride on the street. We're not very destructive, but its just it's a good time, you know, with different people from different areas. In Liberty City, Carol City, you know, we all link up together and we ride dirt backs and four wheelers through the streets and have a good time.
Speaker 2: Well, we gotta have because we did an honorable mention. We ain't got no dessert like we did, so we're gonna have two honorable mentions.
Speaker 3: What's your other honorable mention? Day?
Speaker 5: Another honorable mention? Ye damn, I said Halloween, trying to think what are the holidays? Matter of fact, you know what what my birthday? My birthday honorable mention? And know it's funny, I have yet to celebrate my birthday. I'm not one that does parties.
Speaker 3: I don't like.
Speaker 5: I don't like doing nothing. I tell real, I tell my kids all the time. I don't need no gifts. I say a prayer to fifty nineth right before it hits Jerry ninth. I thank God for seeing the other year. There are many people that weren't able to reach this age of fifty six, and I just that's enough for me. I don't like parties. I don't like clubbing. I don't I don't like being around a group of people, you know, immediate family. That's cool. You can stop by say hello, don't buy it. Don't buy me nothing now. I don't need nothing. Just just being here to see another year's enough.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. Since I got Mother's Day, I might as well get Father's Day too.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, that's a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: So that's oh.
Speaker 2: Joe went with Christmas, Valentine's Day, Halloween, National toe sucking Day, National Day. If Oliva mentioned with Veterans Day at his birthday, I went with Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, June teenth, Eastern New Year's MLK Father's Day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think everybody would agree that my list is better. I don't know, Joe, I think I got you, I think I got them. No, No, I trust me, the chat would agree with me that my list is much better and a lot more appealing.
Speaker 3: You do realize your birthday no holiday, though, right?
Speaker 5: It is. It's a holiday because I'm celebrating. I'm celebrating life. I'm celebrating like that that that in itself is a holiday.
Speaker 3: Hey, so are you upset that nobody we didn't take four twenty.
Speaker 5: I don't smoke. Yeah, I know, I small smoked cigars. So wait, what about what about wine and liquor? They don't have they don't have a holiday at all.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. Look, you know what we should have taken.
Speaker 2: One of us should have taken Taco Tuesday.
Speaker 5: I don't. I don't. I don't really know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, I hear about it, but you know, I just heard like Lebron and I see like on social media, you know, people like Taco Tuesday. But yeah, uh yeah, no one took think on Thebayo. No one took the four.
Speaker 3: Oh a lot for okay lot and uh so, so four twenty was left out.
Speaker 2: Sinko de Mayo was left out fourth of July was left out. Saint Patrick's Day were left out. That's that's a I mean.
Speaker 5: Those those those are good. But I just I gave you those. Those are my top, my top that I like the most.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so oh, National Margarita Day. Margarita does have a day. Margharita.
Speaker 5: What's she doing? A singer?
Speaker 3: No, it's a it's a dream. You don't know what Margarita's man, you don't gonna get brunt Marguerita. I know, real, no, real, no, man.
Speaker 5: She maybe I don't know what she's doing. Yeah, Margarita, that sounds like a singer.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Margharita, Belle. All right, o't Joe, It's time for Q and a.
Speaker 5: Q and a Q and a Q and a Q and a q a q a.
Speaker 2: Hey, James Tomorrow said, just say fifty four bucks on Club Shashaye and Nightcap merch thanks eighty four eighty five, ayj We thank you for your support. We thank you for my purchase of the merch where with Pride. We greatly appreciate your support. Dennis bar Rays said. Shannon defended Kelly Rowland, who is black, who's a black woman, All y'all hating, hating, women.
Speaker 3: Bro bad. Look here bad. I don't know, look here see people see people.
Speaker 2: They'll start something on the internet and once someone says it, they take it like wildfire. And this stem from we had Gary. I had Gary Owen. On Gary Owen as a comedian. There was a running joke in which he said, I'm Gary Owen. I have autism. He was making a joke about what a man the Seals has said. He's saying I have autism. I can say I have autism even though I haven't received a diagnosis. He was making light of a situation. It was a running joke throughout the entirety of the interview. He said at the end of it, he said, you know, I just came on here to get you canceled because you don't support black women.
Speaker 3: And I just wanted to come on here and say that.
Speaker 2: So it was a running joke and black women, you know how we are in our community black women. So when have there ever been a situation in which I haven't supported black women?
Speaker 3: So Gary Owen didn't call nobody out of their name. He didn't call them out of their name. He didn't say anything derogatory about him. But that was so you see how stuff get started.
Speaker 2: So I just but nobody can tell you a situation why I haven't supported black women. Now, all I do is tell you that I support my sister, I support my mom. I speak in glowing terms about my grandmother, my kids. But y'all just took it and ran.
Speaker 3: With it because that seemed like the right thing to do, especially now I'm an algorithm. Now it took me a while to realize, but I've been informed that Shannon of an algorithm. So when you say something about Shannon, it's gonna shoot to the top of the charts. That's why you see so many podcasts all most of their topics, most of their most views, they're talking about me, what I said. You and I.
Speaker 2: We don't really talk about what nobody says on our podcast, don't joke because we can create content without talking regurgitating what someone else said, right, right, But they took off and ran with it, and I didn't. I really never addressed it. But since Dennis brought it up from Yeah, Dennis bro I'm learning how to you know, if you see the interview with Lavell Crawford, I'm learning having talked to a lot of people behind the scenes, everything doesn't need to be addressed.
Speaker 3: People gonna say what they're gonna say.
Speaker 2: For Shannon, keep your head up, keep making your money, and keep moving along. So for all Yo, all of those people out there that don't believe I protect don't protect black women.
Speaker 3: That's your right, that's your right.
Speaker 2: I'm not finna stand on no soap boxing and said I did X, Y and Z and I did this, this and that.
Speaker 3: That's not my place. Y'all run with that story with y'all the best.
Speaker 2: Okay, Brandon Ugawu, Hey like your interview with kel Mitchell last week. I only asked why did you ask him about Quite on set? On set documentary? Did he watch it? What was his thoughts on it? Especially when mentioned his producer Dan Snyder yelling at him. He made reference to it a lot of times, even though it was a long interview. And sometimes you know, you you you want to ask questions and you get kind of distracted, and I mean you get sidetrack because me, I asked a question, O Joe, I move out the way, let him talk a lot of times. That's why the majority of my interviews go so long, because I don't cut people off and try to move him to another topic.
Speaker 3: I want them to explain to cover.
Speaker 2: If I asked him a question, answer the question, and if you need to expand on it, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna cut you off.
Speaker 2: I want We're gonna take as much time as you need to discuss whatever you want to discuss.
Speaker 3: But I think he made reference to Dan Snyder.
Speaker 2: He didn't say his name, but I'm assuming when he said he had some issues and some things went on, and I'm assuming, and that's very presumptuous for me, but I think, you know, that's what he was talking about. So I'm apologize for not going as in depth, but some of the things that he was talking about, I thought that was kind of kind of more and he seemed to want to expand on that, the situation, what he went through with his mental situation, the things that he went through with his first wife, a lot of the things that he went through growing up and being on Nickelodeon and things that transpire. And so I let them, you know, I asked the question, and sometimes they're short, which means they want to move on, and then sometimes they want to be long, which I'll let them take as much time as they need.
Speaker 5: Boss, lady said Shannon. Boss lady said Shannon.
Speaker 2: If she feeds you cake on the wedding night, sex drive should stay right. Men can't get attention from women, but it takes a rare individual to check off lists.
Speaker 3: Do you see us coming together?
Speaker 2: Guys, Joe, see what I don't let society dictate what I should do. Society says, okay, Shannon, you're a man, you're fifty six, you haven't been mad. You probably shouldn't be married by now, or at least be married. Why so when I run into a fight, when I run into a by word, society to help me.
Speaker 5: Ooh, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Decide that tells you all the things that they should do you should do. Why am I listening to society?
Speaker 5: They will help us, They don't help you.
Speaker 3: Huh help me do what I mean? Nothing?
Speaker 2: I mean if I do something, I'm gonna do it on my own volition. They say, you know, hey, man, you can start wearing them tight clothes. Why what you buy? If you buy me some new clothes, you buy me some loose city clothes.
Speaker 3: I wear them. You can send them to the volume high end. Y'all know I were high end, So bring me some high ends or LB some d or you know, y'all want to bry some John Elione whatever. Hey, send me some of my own merch. I wear it.
Speaker 5: Hold on, matter of fact, Hey chat. If y'all sending clothes, send me some dickies, send me. I wear thirty four. Listen, are you well? Don't you laughing? Well? I wear thirty four thirty four with jeans. I like black blue and the khakis in the top. I need a large I'm just if y'all, y'all, y'all want to anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just like at the end of the day and once upon a time, oh Joe, maybe I like, Okay, this person thinks this, Let me pee.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You try to please people, and the one person that you should be pleasing is the most disappointed.
Speaker 3: That's you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So now I like, well, if I'm gonna be happy, I'm gonna go where I want to go. I'm gonna do what I want to do. But it's interesting to see. But like I said, I do listen to people that have, you know, ideas, and I'm just learning to let things just go because people are gonna say what they want to say. Yeah, everybody has an opinion. About who they think I am and what they think I do, although the majority of the people that's in the chat or have an opinion about me has never ever met me personally, have never seen me out. Oh Shannon, only like Dave's white girls. Oh Shannon don't support black women. Oh Shannon like this. Oh he's But y'all never seen me with anybody? So is that what it is? Because y'all don't know exactly what I'm doing, you assume m So do you lay awake at night worried about who I'm sleeping with, what I'm doing, where I'm going. I'm just trying to figure out why y'all care, because I don't care about anybody who's seeing, who who's going.
Speaker 3: I don't care what that got to do with me? Man, you know such and such? Basically awesome?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Are it just it just really never? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess that's because of the way I grew up. My grandma didn't like all that talking and you know, gossiping and stuff, and we did it. Wasn't allowed to say anything. My grandmother was slapping the taste out your mind. She said, boy, what I told you about talking behind people? You know, what she meant by that, oh Joe, Yeah, repeating what you heard somebody.
Speaker 5: Say, and by the time it even got to you, is the story wrong than a motherfucker.
Speaker 3: So I learned my lesson at a very young age in my own home.
Speaker 2: I ain't you know, like you know, we do stories and look, okay, I'm repeating, but as far as having a conversation about something of some gossip or or whatever, transmit it might be true, but it ain't got nothing to do with me. They ain't got nothing to do with me. So uh no, I men can get attention from a women, Yeah, they can't. And I think, uh, I think, I think we all like you know, the like to you know. Yeah, I'm fifty six, I'm not dead. Do I like when women say I like what you have on? Or I like that when you have a night, Oh you're nice blah blah blah. Sure, yeah, you better would have happyweight. I was five hundred to know.
Speaker 5: I got some I got somebody for young But I'm gonna talk about that later.
Speaker 3: Appreciate that, I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: We will listen. You remember, don't forget that you need a plus one for that wedding.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, Joe, we left off Memorial too. That's this weekend and that week that's Monday.
Speaker 5: Oh it's a man. I don't really I don't really celebrate that either. It's too much going on out there, no, bro.
Speaker 2: I mean the holidays that that I mentioned, with the exception of June team were the only days that like we did not mean like Memorial Day and stuff like that. I mean, we went to the park on the fourth of July, but it was like, I just I'm like, like Mother's Day, you know, my grand my grandmother, Father's Day, you know, the church, you know those are big in the black Father's Day and mother Day being because you going to church.
Speaker 3: You take your black ass the church. You might not go, you might not go but out here, but mother Father's Day you're taking your as the church. Yeah three times? So you going three times? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So you going three times? In church anniversse? You remember that church, Hannel, you mean to go to church church anniversary? But East Bather's Day and Mother's Day? Oh you going to church?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: What else we got? What if we got here?
Speaker 2: We got both Doctor Frank am Bell and said, it's Memorial Day weekend, So you want to h we want to barbecue. What are the food and drink y'all look forward to at a barbecue? Any special family barbecue memories?
Speaker 5: Uh, barbecue memories. What I'm looking for. I need my year. I need my baked chicken, I need my ribs, I need my macaroni. I need my macaroni. And I think it's greens. I don't think you got they got candy ams at at barbecues right, Hell no, Yeah, that's it, just the three. I ain't been to a barbecue in so long, unh. I ain't the family dynamic when Grandma passed in twenty eighteen. But I ain't. I ain't been to nothing like that. In a minute.
Speaker 2: I ain't been to Oh yo, people gonna look at me like I'm crazy. Yeah, in fifty six years, I've been to one family reunion. Dang, we didn't go. We didn't have no Fourth of July cookouts, We didn't have nothing like that.
Speaker 3: We didn't do that.
Speaker 2: So that's why holidays, you know, the holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: My mom would come down for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: All my office and ocks always came over for Christmas and and and Thanksgiving and Mother's Day and Father's Day, but those were the days that we celebrated. So I didn't We didn't really go. We didn't really go anywhere. We didn't we didn't go to no family reunions and and things. Like I said, I went to one. I probably was.
Speaker 3: Nine.
Speaker 5: I came my last family reunion. Again, obviously, listen to family structure and the family dynamic. It all went to shit once my grandma passed. I mean she kept everything together.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I think the last cookout that I had I retired, So that was two thousand and four. That was the last time that we had that we had that I had that was that I attended the barbecue.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, you know what we could do. This is the great idea. Since you haven't done it this so long, I haven't done it in so long. We can choose a state and invite everybody from Nightcap and have one big barbecue.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: I think that people see when people when people when I tell people something, I'm the most outgoing introvert you're gonna meet.
Speaker 3: People don't believe that, right.
Speaker 2: But when I say I don't do anything outside of my house, I don't. That's why I'm so surprised when people talk so much about me.
Speaker 3: When they've never backed me.
Speaker 2: They've never seen me at a function, at a cookout, unless you're from Glenville. Now, somebody from Glenville said, Oh, yeah, Shallna had a cook had this thing at his brandma house and.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah. Ask the guys.
Speaker 2: Just go Ask people in Savannah State, what was I like? Oh, he was in his room, he's working out doing parties.
Speaker 3: That's kind of different. Ask people in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: So that's why I'm so baffled that people know so much about me and speak of people can speak in such terms with such certainty. Now, if if Bucket said it, if Keith Burne said it, if Libby Sharp said it, Sterling Sharp said it, take it to.
Speaker 3: The bank, right, take it to the bank.
Speaker 2: My oldest daughter, if she say something, Now, my other kid's gonna tell you what a grid of certain like, yeah, that that's not my dad.
Speaker 3: But if it's not one of them, don't y'all believe that? Bull joy? Yeah, don't y'all believe it? But I don't. I don't. I don't do anything like I said. I don't. When I grew up with my grandma, we didn't really go to people's house and and have cookouts and stuff like that. Went to my great grandmother's house and you know, played softball or played basketball stuff like that. But I just grew up and then like my sister's eight years older than me. My brother's three years older than me, and I remember like I used to try to get my brother to play and sometimes he didn't want to play basketball thing, and my grandma said, hey, just go play by yourself. So I learned to do things by myself and to be alone.
Speaker 2: Because once my brother left for college, I was a sophomore in high school. My sister's eight years older than me. She ain't fitna be hanging out with no fifteen year old. She's twenty three, she dating. So now I'm by myself. I play a game, Coach bring me home. I'm with my grandmother and my nephew. So I learned to be alone by myself, and I'm okay with that. And so somebody that be that's gonna be with me, they understand, Yeah, this is this is who he is. Keviri norwock Junr said, Oh, my question, do you see Klay Thompson leaving Golden State for another team? At the money right, Golden State probably has a number based on his age, based on where they are as a team, what they want to go to. Now, he's looking at Holiday, he said, hold on holiday, just got like four years.
Speaker 3: Who I'm forty five five?
Speaker 5: Mmm.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna be looking for that type of number. I don't know if Golden State. If Golden State goes to that number, sure he'll stay. But if say or Orlando or one of these young team that needs a veteran presence, a guy that can shoot the three catches, shoot fill, a good defender. He's not what he once was on both ends of the court, but he's still a solid player.
Speaker 3: I can see him potentially.
Speaker 5: Leaving maybe Miami.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I like it.
Speaker 2: Wol said, hey, you said you're Nigerian, so when are you visiting? Like at and Chuck said, bring your ass love legos Man, you know what, I gotta go back. You know what I do. That's my huh what you mean go back? I mean come, Hey'll go back here. That would probably see seven generations that ended up coming from Nigeria. I do want to go to Africa because everybody said it's beautiful, so you got to see it.
Speaker 3: Say, television doesn't do it justice. Books and magazines don't do it justice. Movies doesn't do it justice. So I do want to see it for myself. But the time that I want to go, I kind of want to go like I want to see the Great Migration. I think that's like March April, the rainy season. You see all the animals out, and I'm working that time. But you know what, I'm just gonna have to break down and grow when I have time in the summer. Probably not ideal, but hey, it is what it is. I'm good an opportunity to go see. Obviously, I want to do a Safari. I want to go to I want to go to Joe burd And and you know Robbins Island where the UH was housed. Uh what's his name? Mandela read uh Nelson Mandela, mister Mandela was held. Uh.
Speaker 2: I want to go to the Passage of No Return. I want to see that with my own eyes.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 2: There are certain certain things that I want to see that I think, I think I owe it to myself to go see it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a night caps Sofari, Well, we got to do the cookout first, we got to do the cookout first and have everybody come. Everybody fly in. I got I got the venue already.
Speaker 3: Oh you got it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know exactly where to go.
Speaker 2: Laney Ray said, I'm in the same volleyball league, and I got to know, in your athletic crime, who would have been better head or blocker on my team? Miya, o Jo, Well, I got a higher vert to O Joe for sure.
Speaker 5: Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa? There you There is no lifetime? Can you out jump me? And no lifetime?
Speaker 3: O Joe? You do realize I was an all state triple jumper?
Speaker 5: Do you do realize I was a triple jumper too? It just might not have been at state, but I was jumping.
Speaker 2: No, I won state three straight years. I held the state record.
Speaker 3: You don't realize I held the state record for thirty five years.
Speaker 5: But you got to understand where you held the state record at. You held the state record in a place where there was really no competition. Now where I'm from, Georgia.
Speaker 2: What part of Georgia will you know? When you go to the state meet, you compete against everybody. I mean, you hold on. I'll put it to you like this. In the State of Georgia. My senior y, I was the best jumper in the State of Georgia. Well you that class I was Class A, and I'll jumped everybody in double A, triple.
Speaker 3: A in quality.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, Well come on down to Miami and we'll show you. We'll show you about jumping.
Speaker 2: I don't I can out jump you. I could not jump anybody. I cannot jump you now, but I could.
Speaker 5: No even back then. I'm still in my prime. I'm still in my prime. Now. Listen at the combine, I had a forty six in vertical.
Speaker 2: No, they asked me why I saw your vertical? It was thirty five. Remember I put a report. I pulled your report.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that could you.
Speaker 3: Got one better? You got one more point. You got one more point than I did. I got thirty five, you got thirty six.
Speaker 5: I'm not talking about the NFL combine. I'm talking about when I was to the NBA combine, I jumped to forty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. No, you'll combine with like thirty five.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's the NFL combine. But I also tried out for the heat and at that combine.
Speaker 3: Thirty five in vertical. You didn't at six.
Speaker 5: One at that point. At that point I was six three. I'm six. I'm six I'm six three now, don't don't I'm doing with the six one night.
Speaker 2: But you know, on average, volleyball players have a high to have the highest birds of all apetes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they could jump. They could jump then, especially when it's time to spike.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean their routinely is forty of the bulls. Yeah. I mean if you think about how tall that Natti is and they have this up over the net right.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, you know who would play who played with me? That was a very very good volleyball player that could have probably been pro, but chose to obviously play in the NFL. Danny Farmer that went to UCLA, Remember Danny Farmer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where you see Las to have a really good volleyball team.
Speaker 5: Hey Danny, Danny, if you see this, man, I love you, man. I haven't seen you since since our Bengal days. I hope, I hope all as well. Hope life is going good man. I love you baby. Danny Farmer, good volleyball player.
Speaker 3: I mean I love watching volleyball in the Olympics.
Speaker 2: I mean, you see I mean, I remember the American team that had a destiny hooker and they had Logan Tom. I mean so and I think Karl Kari was the coach. I don't know if he Yeah, I don't know if he's still coaches. But I used to love watching I love watching him play. You know, I still you know, if it comes on in college, I watched Nebraska, I watched you know, watch Ben stay in Texas. Those are your perennial powerhouses. Uh you know that that I that I watch. But yeah, I was, I was. I was a decent I was a decent volleyball playing high school.
Speaker 3: I don't know about all that, O Joe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just telling you, man, listen at the net. At the net, you try to spike on me and listen. I could dig like no other. Let me let me show you my technique now when it's time.
Speaker 3: That did Okay, see my technique?
Speaker 5: Man? Did I dig that bitch right up at the ground. Don't nothing, don't nothing get by me, dig right, digg it right up by the ground.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that, O Joe. But I would take your word for it. Yeah, I would take your word for it, O Joe. But Uh, no, Ash, you already going someplace. You left us here, you left Jordan out here, and so no you ain't going nowhere. We're gonna leave you. You always talk about I'll be wanting to go, I be wanting to go. No you don't, No, you don't so no no.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Plus you know I'll be watching the Brazilians and the Italians and the volleyball.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, I've watched. I watched beach beach volleyball.
Speaker 5: Also, which is much more difficult.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, mister May and Carrie Walsh and then I think the Brazilian team was I think one of them named Larista, but volleyball. You know they got beach volleyball in college now yo, yeah, in college, yes, I think you. I think U c l A. I think you still just one the other day if you see no USC one because Dane he goes to the gym. Uh he won, uh they wont the beach volleyball that he won the beach volleyball gold medal in Atlanta in ninety six. I think it was him in cars, but the two most famous was was probably carch and Ken Stephens. And then you know, uh uh you remember the thing beast Bill Dolhauser. Nah, he's like six s eight. But I mean, I look, I'm a I'm a I'm a sports junkie. I mean you if it's a sport, I watch bull riding. Did you know they just have you seen this new bull they got cool whip.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey, he just I think he had one more buck off. He might have he might have seen one more passer.
Speaker 3: Busch Whacker.
Speaker 2: Bushwhacker had the record at forty two forty three, so he'll rank bull Bushwhacker.
Speaker 3: Bushwhacker was the man. Hey, the real dideah Bushwhacker. And they had little uh uh little yellow jacket three times bull of the year. Uh e t the baddest bull with that Shambray a Charland a Brahmin bull named Bodacious.
Speaker 2: That Sammy Andrews Farm. That was the baddest both for a round. You know you bad when you got a name named bodacious.
Speaker 5: M hm he Remember I rode the bull.
Speaker 3: Remember that you ain't ride Bodacious.
Speaker 5: No, but I'm just saying I rode a bull at the pbr into Luke, Georgia. You saw that clipping, right, You stayed on that bull. I stayed on the bulls. So listen, I stayed on the bulls long. I stayed on the bull as long as some of the pros do that. Technically, that technically makes me a professional.
Speaker 3: Bull rider, though it does not make you a professional.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeh, I rolled on. It was a real PBR bull. Deja vuo, I'm a bull rider, cool Will.
Speaker 3: Bush Whacker, e t t Han Bodacious.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's top six people.
Speaker 3: Like I mean, look, people like people like Bushwhacker and literally and and little Yellow Jacket. But for me, it's bodacious. Bodas is the bad They retired it. That's how I know. You think about it. You so ranked then they say, nah, were good. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Listen, my my favorite my favorite bull riders Ti Mary, Yeah, Tim Murray Hey and JB. Mooney.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think j might be.
Speaker 2: He might have been the only one that's at the last.
Speaker 5: Cool Will, Yeah he rode cool with two thinks. So yeah, what tough heat of man? I think I should ad I should add bull riding back to my resume my hobbies again.
Speaker 2: Go look at what tough heat? What what Bodetias did the tough heat of man? And the next time he came up, he turned him out. He took his head off and said, no, I'm good.
Speaker 5: Yeah I ain't.
Speaker 2: I ain't getting on him. Yeah, but uh but I'm I'm a sports junkie. I watch it all from the Tour de France, the bull to bull riding, I watch it all.
Speaker 3: I just I just love sports. That's my thing.
Speaker 2: Uh okay, check this out, Patterson Yazzy said, uncy know yo love the content. Told my little sister graduating from high school, the last in the family, the baby could y'all shout out Shallah Destiny Land Jazzy, uh and give her some worth of encouragement.
Speaker 3: Congratulation.
Speaker 2: Oh, Shala Shila Destiny Land, Yazzy, Congratulations, big day, baby graduated. Congratulations on the and your Your family is extremely proud of you. Hey, go for the world. Is your oyster. Whatever you want to become, go do it. Oh yeah, that conclude this episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 5: We'll see y'all tomorrow. Baby, know you want tomorrow Friday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tomorrow's Friday.
Speaker 5: Okay, before we leave chat, don't forget coming up. I'm not sure when. Well, we're gonna have it, Nightcap cookout. Make sure you start saving your money now.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I have you a favorite Shannon Sharp. Please make sure y'all hit that light button. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Help us out, help us grow. We're trying to get to two million by the end of the year, so we would greatly, greatly appreciate that if y'all could help us out. Thank you guys for selling out Shade by Laportier. We're going to be able to fullfill to fill all the back orders, so thank you guys for taking pre orders only, but thank you guys for your patience. Please make sure you go follow my media company's pages page on all platforms. That's Shayshape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. The LinkedIn Nightcap merch is pinned at the top of the chat. We also have Shopify store pin, Shopify store pin, and the below video you'll see the merchandise that's available for sale. Quantities are limited and it's selling out fast, so we offer free shipping on all orders over one hundred dollars. And to show our appreciation because you guys have been so great, we've created an additional twenty percent off.
Speaker 3: Used code up. He's your favorite.
Speaker 2: Number eighty five, rot Runner, Extraordinary Bingals, Ring of Fame honoree. He's a pro bowler, he's an all pro, and he's Liberty Cities owned. He's Chad o Jo, Senko Risotto Johnson. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. We're out and we'll see you Saturday,