Speaker 1: From Los Angeles, Phre.
Speaker 2: Moment and one and only world famous Perez Perez Hilton.
Speaker 1: Guys, welcome to the PHP. I'm Booker, He's Perez. You're looking good man, How you doing?
Speaker 3: I feel in this moment good.
Speaker 4: I decided to take the week off and I'm just gonna get everything out of the boxes because trying to work and get things out of boxes it was just driving me crazy.
Speaker 3: So I'm not even gonna try to work. But we're doing this.
Speaker 4: But I've gotten a lot of out out of my boxes already. And I found this old Suzanne Summer's poncho of mine.
Speaker 1: It looks good on you. I know, everybody, thanks boy. That probably is hideous, but it kind of works.
Speaker 3: It brings me joy.
Speaker 4: I've had this Suzanne Summer's poncho forever.
Speaker 3: It feels like a hug. We have a lot to get to to.
Speaker 4: We are talking Arianna Grande of course, some updates there. We're also talking Kanye West, some bad news for him, Timothy Chalomey and Kylie Jenner and Moore. But first, you had that big concert over the weekend and you hung out with your friend Maddy Heally from the nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 1: I'm like a big fan girl. It's ridiculous. I got to see the guys and I guess he's got a girlfriend now he's living with and George is the drummer is engaged to Charlie XCX. I don't know if you do that or not.
Speaker 4: I knew she was engaged to a musician, but I didn't really I didn't pay attention to who right.
Speaker 1: The show was great, Fallout Boy was fun. The nineteen seventy five actually kind of won the night. You won't care. But I got to meet this guy named Jerry Cantrell. He was in Alison Chains and he's just one of my favorite guitarist singers ever. He's just so fucking great and I got to meet him and spend some time with him, so that was really cool for me.
Speaker 4: I could not even mention a single Alice in Chains song.
Speaker 1: You know a Man in the Box, I'm the man in the Bucks. You know that one that's probably the biggest.
Speaker 3: There's wood and I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you had to say like seventies rock and you would say the Eagles, the two people that harmonize together. When you talk about Glenn Frye and whatever with the Eagles. These two guys, Lane Staley and Jerry Cantrell would kind of be that for the nineties, for the grunge movement. These two voices just worked together magically and they were a hard band and it was just cool. Just one of my rock legends, you know what I mean, Like getting to meet a guy I really admire and that he was really fucking cool, which always makes my day trying to think who else scann of All was there. He had a big hickey on his neck. How tacky.
Speaker 3: I had a moment like that.
Speaker 4: I recently was reminiscing about a moment like that, but it's come full circle.
Speaker 3: So I forget.
Speaker 4: A few years ago, maybe four or five years ago, I had a business meeting at my house with Mark Summers. And that name might not mean anything to you, but people like five to ten years younger. Mark Summers is such an icon because we grew.
Speaker 3: Up with him. He was the host of Double Dare on Nickelodeo.
Speaker 1: Okay, I knew I knew the name, but I couldn't quite place it.
Speaker 4: I loved Double Dare and I was the fat kid that watched so much TV and that was like the Dream Show because they got to eat all that crap and do all those funcles.
Speaker 1: I see where your problems may have stepped from. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I had this business meeting with Mark Summers and I really wanted to take a photo with him, but it was a business meeting and it was at my house. And I recently shared that on my Instagram story and Mark Summers responded and said, you should have asked for a photo totally.
Speaker 3: But I'm glad I had that moment.
Speaker 4: And also in the shower, it made me think Alison Chain spurred all these thoughts. I was just having a sad moment in the shower because while Las Vegas does get a lot of big shows, a lot of the like mid sized artists or mid sized shows.
Speaker 3: Don't play in Vegas.
Speaker 4: Oh really Yeah, because it's a really crowded market. So unless you're like hot and a superstar, a lot of people tend to avoid it.
Speaker 1: Oh that is kind of unfortunate. I never really thought of that before.
Speaker 4: Two of my favorites are on tour this year and neither are playing in Vegas. They're both going to be in La Sarah McLachlan and Tory Amos and I'm so upset. I'm tempted to go out for while.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe we could make an LA night of it, if you want to pop over, because I would love to see either one of them. But I mean, I really want to see Sarah again.
Speaker 4: It's the thirtieth anniversary tour of Fumbling Towards Ecstasy. She's just gonna do that album in its entirety, so maybe maybe maybe we'll figure it out all right. I had, like I said, a pretty chill weekend, just getting things out of boxes. I did not get to watch the Critics Choice Awards in full, but I did watch this one moment that made its way to me really resonated, and that was America Ferrera's speech and win.
Speaker 3: And I love her.
Speaker 4: I feel like she's a cousin of mine. Well that's really the power of representation, like seeing yourself or your people or your community like you feel like this kinship. And I'm so happy, and I hope the momentum keeps going. The Academy Award nominations are right around the corner, so it'll be really interesting to see how that all plays out. Let's get to Ariana Grande. It's our first time talking about it together. I posted on our Patreon my initial thoughts, and I purposely only listened to it one time. I have since listened to the song a few more times. My initial thoughts were being underwhelmed. I didn't hate it, but I wasn't blown away. I wasn't wowed.
Speaker 3: It didn't feel special.
Speaker 4: And now, after listening to it a few more times, everything that I said and that original reaction remains the same. My thoughts have not changed. I still think that intro is painfully long. I still think it isn't an A plus or a WOW to me. It's like a solid B minus, maybe even a C plus. Shockingly, it does not contain a Madonna Vogue sample. They just were heavily influenced. I mean, I think a Madonna wanted to sue, she might have a case.
Speaker 1: No, it's just a beat. It's reminiscent of it, but it's not Vogue. It's very close to Vogue, but god, I mean, there's probably a million songs that have a beat pattern prior to Madonna even releasing her song that has that, so I don't get too crazy about that. It's not overtaking the entire song by any means. But I'm just not a fan of listening to something once and saying, you know, it's this or that. I think, you know, sometimes a song needs to live with you, and I think that's the case with this song. It's a little better every time I hear it, I pick up on something else that I like. I'm still with you. I don't think it's like the greatest. It's not thank You Next. It's nothing from that great album. It's nothing of that sort of feel. It's just lacking feel. It's a little generic to me, but it's still better than most pop music out today, So it's okay. It's just okay to me right now, and it may get better. I heard the Dua Lipa song the other day that I was kind of underwhelmed by Houdini, and I find it to be completely generic, but it's good, you know what I mean. I like this song. At least it's good.
Speaker 4: Yet, when talking to one of my gaze I said basically the same exact thing. When the Dua Lipa Houdini song came out, I liked it, but I didn't love it right however, but.
Speaker 1: You feel like she needs to take the next step. And I hear that song, and I'm like, this kind of almost it's still fine, but it almost is kind of backwards, like she started out with such great pop music and this actually isn't as good as like New Rules, that was such an interesting song.
Speaker 4: But I still enjoyed Dua Lipa's Houdini way more than Ariana Grande's.
Speaker 1: Yes, as of right now, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've.
Speaker 4: Picked up on this, but there's been a big backlash to the song right with regards to the lyrical content. A lot of Ariana's fans are upset that basically she's showing no remorse and is once again making a song like break up with Your Girlfriend that many people think is not apologetic for taking a man that's in a relationship. And I'll go back to what I said a while ago, I don't necessarily think that that will negatively affect the song.
Speaker 1: So what does that mean, Well, it just means that if you're a real fan of somebody and you start to see the you know, the cracks in the armor of the person, and it's coming out through the music, and it leaves you with a little bit of a sour taste in your mouth. That is the beginning of the end of your fandom, and it happens maybe you liked her when you were young and you're growing up with her and you're like, hey, I'm not so much into all of this, And I gotta be honest. I bet Taylor Swift went through the same thing. I think there were probably a lot of people that were like enough with going back to the well of ex boyfriends and blah blah blah. I think it's just part of anyone's growth and what it is they're trying to get to. And I'd said it way back. I said that there's gonna be a lot of people that are gonna be put off by her. And I also agree that you and I both said if a song is great, people are just gonna like the fucking song. I mean, it's just how it works.
Speaker 4: But I feel like the same thing about the song that I do about the music video. If you haven't seen the music video, it's basically a remake of Paula Abdul's cold Hearted music video, which is one of the best music videos of all time.
Speaker 3: How unoriginal.
Speaker 4: She basically copied Vogue and then copied cold Hearted for the music video.
Speaker 1: But I don't think anyone that's in her fan base even knows what Apolla Abdual video looked like. We do. That was our wheelhouse. But I think everyone bites off. I mean, come on, Gaga bit off Madonna, and we've seen it time and time again with pop stars. We were talking Little naz X last week, biting off Madonna. I mean, I don't know. I think it's just cyclical and you know, hey, that worked for someone else, Let's see if it'll work for me. And no one seems to call anybody out on it or care because it comes down to what you just said, is a song good or not. I don't think a video means anything to anybody anymore. I really don't.
Speaker 4: It's just emblematic of the like, not very creative this new era. That's all I'm saying, speaking of Ariana before we move on to Little nas X. Actually, Ariana just took a loss selling her home that she bought just a couple of years ago. She lost about a million dollars and sold it to Bad Bunny, who owns multiple homes in Los Angeles, and so does Arianna. That's how which these people are. They don't just own one home. They own multiple homes in the same city. Why, I don't fucking know, but hey, good for them.
Speaker 1: Why because they have no culture. They go on tour and they don't actually see these beautiful places that they're touring. They see the venue and that's it from them. I'm going to Italy or the south of France and I'm buying something there, or I'm going up to Montecito and I'm buying something there. I'm not buying two fucking houses in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: What kind of crap is that?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I mean, or I wouldn't even buy a house somewhere. If I mean, I would, actually I'd rather buy a home than just stay in hotels.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: Well, Ariana does have a home in Montecito as well, two in La One in Monticito. Well, she just told the La One all right. Back to Lil mas X. He dropped his new song and I could not even finish it.
Speaker 3: It was that bad.
Speaker 4: I could not force myself to sit through the entire song. I was shocked because his last album had a lot of commercial songs and bops, and how could he go from that to something that I couldn't even get through The Jade Christ song painful.
Speaker 1: Dude, I've never got it Old Town Road. I got it was an anomaly and that's just you stepped and shit. And then there was a follow up that was kind of funny after it. I recall, can't remember the name, but I thought everything else since then absolutely sucked. And I've not been a fan. And even the pop bops that you're saying I thought were so average. So this doesn't shock me at all. I'm just I'm not feeling anything that he does. I wish I was, but I'm just not.
Speaker 4: Oh well, speaking of rappers, Kanye West and also speaking of real estate, Kanye West has been trying to sell his Malibu home like Ariana, that he bought only a few years ago. However, the home has just been slapped with a lean because a mechanical lean, because this contractor claims that he's owed over a million dollars by Kanye West.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the courts have to sort that out before he can sell it, which is a paid in the Aes because that usually works painfully slow, especially here in Los Angeles. Los Angeles takes time doing anything and everything.
Speaker 4: And like Ariana, it's a bad it's a bad time.
Speaker 1: To be selling the bad market right now, it's just right to coming down a little bit, but it's still not everybody wants the money that they that they accrued three four years ago. You're not getting it. You're just not.
Speaker 4: Also, like Ariana, Kanye is going to take a loss. He bought this mall. He overpaid for this Malibu house in twenty twenty one. He paid fifty seven point three million for it. And now yeah, and now three years later he's listed it for fifty three millions.
Speaker 3: That's a loss of over four million.
Speaker 4: And it's Unlikelihole, you even get that fifty three million.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, I know he's got a.
Speaker 4: Lot of money, but four million, still, four point three million or more is still a lot of money. All Right, It's some exciting news according to reports. Again, more talk of Taylor Swift and Travis Kelcey engagement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not buying any of this. Let me tell you why who's talking about it? You know, Taylor isn't talking about it, and why would she talk about it? It would be his move, and I doubt he's talking about it. If he was, you'd hear it on the Dumb podcast. This is all like the media trying to move this relationship along. And I'm not saying that they won't get engaged, but man, let these kids like get to know each other. Let him have an off season. Let's let her see what life is like when he's not on the football field every single day or playing every single Sunday, or she's not in Bolivia. So yeah, I don't know. I find all that talk to be just press manipulated and people just trying to keep the story alive.
Speaker 3: Well, she's picking up the errors tour again soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if the Chiefs go to the super Bowl, I believe she's performing that week. So doesn't look like she'd be there if they advanced that far, but they look pretty good this weeknd.
Speaker 3: God, I want to go again.
Speaker 4: Even though I didn't love it one thousand percent, I feel like I would like it even more now.
Speaker 1: I think you got to get regular seats, not on the floor. I think you need kind of, yeah, a little perspective because Cal loved it. She thought it was great, and I need to be drinking.
Speaker 4: I wasn't drinking when I went to either one of the shows I went to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my dry January, believe it or not, is still intact. I'm still rocketed, man.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: I decided that I'm going to be really good with I don't drink much anyways, but not drink or even eat a single bad thing or cheat on my healthy eating until mid February when I do a staycation for my son's birthday.
Speaker 1: So nice.
Speaker 3: I'm laser focused, all right. Some more couples news.
Speaker 4: Black China's ex boyfriend claims that her mother, Tokyo Tony, tried to hook.
Speaker 3: Up with him.
Speaker 1: You know, I've missed Tokyo Tony. I mean we have not said the day of Tokyo Tony for months and months and months. Do tell spell it?
Speaker 3: Well, that's the story.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's all we got. Well shit, I love it.
Speaker 4: I think she's banned from a lot of social media. I need her to just I don't know. She's got to take it up a notch. Maybe she could be the next bachelorette. That would be something, all right. More couples News. We mentioned Dua lipa earlier. She's got herself a new man. Congrats to her. She is dating actor Callum Turner. I've never seen him in anything, but he's handsome.
Speaker 1: I don't know who he is, but he's a lucky f Yeah. God, she's pretty. She is.
Speaker 4: All right, We're doing a slightly abbreviated show today. We got one last subject, but before we get to that, a quick shout out and thank you to some of our Patreon supporters. They gave us topic suggestions today. Koley, David Hayes and Dessa. And finally, speaking of couples news, Timothy Shalomet and Kylie Jenner are going so strong that he has moved in.
Speaker 3: To her Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: Really, he's officially like a stepfather. She's got two kids.
Speaker 1: You know, did you ever see Wonka?
Speaker 4: By the way, No, but I did see that it has passed five hundred million at the global box office.
Speaker 3: That's a big hit.
Speaker 1: It's surprising. Well, it's not surprising, because you know, a movie like that internationally is gonna do great no matter what. It's a big tent pole kind of thing. It's a movie that everybody knows. I just want to know if it's good. You guys want to hit us on the message board. I'd love to hear from people that have actually seen it, because I don't know how or why, but I have not talked to one person that's seen this movie. I've heard no buzz. I've heard no one say, oh my god, it's great. I've heard no one say, oh my god, it's terrible. It's just this quiet hit that I can't believe that has eluded me. But please tell me. Can I give you one more TV thing before you move on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I finished eighteen eighty three, and I told you that's with Tim McGraw and Fall, and I cannot recommend it enough if you guys want to get into the Yellowstone franchise, because it's a whole world, this Yellowstone, which I'm discovering. Because now I'm watching the next show with Helen Mirren and Harrison Ford that's nineteen twenty three, So I just started it last night. I'm not sure how I feel about nineteen twenty three, yet I'm still so and I think that's the year. I'm not exactly certain, but I can't say enough how great that eighteen eighty three was. It was just a wonderful, wonderful watch. And I still am just astounded how two musicians that are not known for acting could be so incredibly good in two roles. They just they both should get Academy Awards. I mean, it's a great show.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a TV show. I don't think they could get.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. I'm just saying. I mean, they're just that good of actors. I'm just kind of blown away by how great both of them were just so well done. So definitely get into Yellows. It's a fun, fun watch and eighteen eighty three was a good ride too.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take.
Speaker 6: Some calls from New York.
Speaker 2: I think it was on the Patreon show. You were talking about Lena Gomez gossiping to Taylor Swift about Carlie Jenner. This rumor just came out about Meryl Street and Martin Short hooking up. And wouldn't it be funny if that's actually what she was talking about? Since she said, I was talking about two friends hooking up and they all work together on that show, only murders in the building, wouldn't that be so cute?
Speaker 1: Bullshit? Is what I'm saying. Those were three young women. They were talking about something that was really saucy and salacious, talking about saucy fogies. Now looking up, they're not going to be like, oh my god. The reaction would be this, oh that's cute. No calling bullshit on that angle.
Speaker 4: I would be excited about Meryl Streep hooking up with Martin Short, not that reaction.
Speaker 1: You look at those three ladies talking. That was not that kind of reaction. I'm telling you. It still leans towards oh cute. And by the way, that was something that happened that night. These people know each other. Selena Gomez knows Taylor Swift, and if they were going to talk about something like this, they would talk about it on the phone.
Speaker 4: Now that well, unless it had just happened, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That was something that was fresh that just happened from that random girl's face. I'm telling you that wasn't something that was super super salacious that happened that night. That was fresh reaction. I don't know who that hangar on was though she couldn't get her head out of Taylor Swift's ass. She was so attached to Taylor. Step back a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's the wife of Miles Teller.
Speaker 1: Oh is that who that was?
Speaker 3: She's very good friends of Tailor.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, then all right, fine, she's friends. I thought she was just some random random girl or something. No, so they are friends. All right, yeah, once again, see those three know each other. Well, that's not where that kind of gossip was learned or unloaded by that other person. Get out of here, not buying it.
Speaker 5: Another call Booker, It's Jessica calling from Chicago.
Speaker 2: Patrem subscriber's been listening since episode one. I'll be quick so Booker doesn't cut me off one. Yes, you have to go listen or watch the Cat Williams interview with Shannon sharp Worth every minute.
Speaker 1: I know, guys, look, let me stop her for one second, not to cut her off. But I have started watching some of it. There are so many clips that have surfaced online, and you guys are right. I didn't know he is such a Prince fanatic and listening to him talk about Prince and I don't know if this is part of that interview or what it is, but it's funny watching Cat. His mannerisms are exactly like princes were, and he talks about how they're both short and how they navigate in the world and what Prince taught him and stuff. So I don't know if that's a part of it, but that's something I caught. But I saw some other stuff where he was talking about other comedians. I will investigate that and give it a watch when I get some time. But that's a lot of time to admit, but I'll get through it.
Speaker 3: Still too much three hours, I don't have it.
Speaker 6: Michael Callings from New York. I have to agree with Booker on that last show about Brittany and Taylor. I mean, Taylor's huge, not a big fan of her, and help Herez is like a Taylor stain right now. But Brittany was huge back in the day and there was no social media presence. All you had really was trl to go on. She had a sin in line at Virgin Meg Story to get her albums and meet and greet, and she tore it all over. And she definitely could have done stadium tours. I guarantee you if she had like a comeback now, she could probably do it as well. So I don't have to disagree with you on this one.
Speaker 1: I think we got one call that agreed with you that Taylor was bigger than Britney, but everything on the message board seemed to agree that Brittany was bigger than Taylor, and I agree. Prez is like the metrics. I'm like what metrics there was no Internet. Back then, there was no social media. There was only album sales. They didn't measure things that way. They don't even measure album sales the same way. It's not even comparable to say metrics. It's like doesn't even apply. It's like comparing the Beatles to Oasis or something.
Speaker 3: You're still wrong. You're wrong.
Speaker 1: Everyone said that you're wrong on that, They're wrong.
Speaker 3: She's still bigger. Taylor's bigger.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 6: Hello, this is.
Speaker 5: Britt calling from Denver, Colorado.
Speaker 1: And I was just curious she agrees to her name is Brett Glove.
Speaker 5: And your reaction to the host Joy Coy and she talk about Taylor Swift and her NFL appearances, And I was just curious what you thought about that and her reaction to a quick stip of champagne and not even laughing at herself, A little bit, just curious. Have a good one, spy.
Speaker 4: Well, we did speak about that on the Patreon show, and I was a fan of Taylor, not pretending that she found it funny. Yeah, she didn't find it funny.
Speaker 1: That's fine, And if you don't find it funny, you don't have to laugh.
Speaker 3: Same thing.
Speaker 4: There was a joke at the Critics' Choice Awards that was made at the expense of Academy. I think she won the Academy Award. Arianna debose she got her start on Broadway and they joked that she can't sing, and she didn't find that funny.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I didn't hear anything about the Critics Choice Awards. I'm surprised that's still on TV.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what else I heard about the Critics' Choice Awards that I'm just ken song won the Best Song. How the fuck could that song beat the Billie Eilish song.
Speaker 3: That makes no sense?
Speaker 1: That makes no sense. That Billie Eilish song you want to talk about a soundtrack song, but fits perfectly for what it was. It just was perfect. It's it's flawless perfection. All right, let's get her done. You get another show on Thursday. Thank you so much for listening and talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you all. Have a good week.
Speaker 1: Bye.