Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Coast to Coast AM. Connie Willis here having a very good and I hope you guys are too, Thanks so much for being here. Thanks for all the you know, you guys write me, you find me. I don't know how y'all do it. I mean even emails that I haven't seen in decades. If I can say that, Holy cal thanks so much. I really appreciate that you guys are very, very very very kind. I hope that you'll find me on Connie Willis dot com. That's where you're going to find all the things that I'm doing. It's a lot of different shows, it's books. It's now my culinary books. I've decided boom, let's go. Let you guys find those books as well. It's Chef Connie's top five on staple Ingredients. There's all sorts of stuff. Go check it out. Just go to Connie Willis dot com and at least sign up for the email list and you'll learn about everything else. All right, So abductdees. Wow, first time guests here on Coast to Coast AM Byron Lacy. I still thought he was on here before. I'm like, there's no way he's not been on here, because I know he's known kind of worldwide in the world in the phenomena of being an alien abductee, a contact he so we'll ask more about that Byron W. Lacy. I'm sure you've seen him. I mean, he's got a distinct look, and so check out our website so you can see a picture of him as well. Born in Burnet, Texas, He's a fourth generation Texan and a fourth generation alien abductee. He was taken when he first remembers this at five years old, and he does a whole lot to help other abductees along the way how they can can cope with the phenomena. And he also holds degrees in English and art. You know a lot of people think, oh, abductees that you know, they're these little homeless people somewhere that tell these embellished stories. Not at all. In fact, most of them are geniuses in some area and some way, shape or form. And that's something we can talk about too. It's absolutely the truth. Freelance artists, he's got all sorts of art out there. We'll talk about that as well. And he's also an investigator for Texas Child Protective Services. So that's interesting. That must mean ability. So let's bring him on. Byron Lacy, thank you so much for joining us tonight and looking forward to learning a whole lot more about you.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me on the show.
Speaker 2: I Camp. I thought you had been on here before. I really have. Is it just a mistake that I didn't see you in the archives?
Speaker 3: No, I never have been.
Speaker 2: Well, here you are.
Speaker 3: I've been on other shows, but not Coast to Coast.
Speaker 2: Will you made it?
Speaker 3: I've been waiting for you made it and.
Speaker 2: I got to have you. So that's great. I'm excited. So tell us a little bit about yourself. I mean, is it to where everybody when they first see you they just go Aleen abductee or in other worlds? Or do they just see you as an artist?
Speaker 3: Well? Where I live in the Sexes, No, not very many people know I'm an abductee. It's mostly close friends. But I can tell people about it now. The first people I told I was an abductee would be in checkout lines at grocery stores, strangers I would never see again, and.
Speaker 2: They probably hoped they would never see you again.
Speaker 3: Actually they listened and found it more interesting than just sitting and standing in line.
Speaker 2: That's excellent. That's excellent. Well, tell us how it all started with you.
Speaker 3: Well, it was actually in nineteen fifty six. I know, I think in my book I put fifty five, but one day I really We didn't move to Cigaville until nineteen fifty six, and that's where it happened, was in Cigaville, Texas. And Mom would we had a routine where she would walk me into the bedroom and help me up on the bed if I needed it, and tuck me in, and I'd always have to kick off the covers after she left because it would be too hot. And one night she left the room and I turned around to lay down, and there were three little guys standing at the side at the foot of my bed, and they were showing up about a foot and a half to two foot above the mattress. It was an old bed, so it was actually higher off the floor than a lot of them are now had ourn railings and everything, or headboard and footboard. So I screamed for Mama, because I didn't know how they got in my room, much less what they worked. They looked for be strange and she came in and they were gone, so she just tucked me in again. She didn't say anything. She didn't say it was a dream. She didn't say I was making it up, But she didn't say anything about it. And I told her that there'd be three men in there. So the second night. It happened again. The very next night, and it was the same thing. They disappeared right right before she walked in the room. The third night, they disappeared before she walked in the room, and she sat down on the bed and she said, son, don't call me in here anymore, because they're not going to be here when I come in. You're just going to have to learn to deal with them yourself.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: And then she well she was right though.
Speaker 2: Well it's very telling too, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I didn't even realize that it meant she'd seen them as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that's what I pick up from that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And in sixty one and I'll talk about that in a minute, I found out a little bit more. But anyway, she left the room and I turned around and they were back, And this time there was a being that was about seven foot tall, sort of in the shadows. I had light coming in from the hallway. He was sort of over in the shadows, and he looked like Captain Hook from Peter Pan, except I couldn't tell what he looked like from the waist down. He just it looks sort of like he had a pirate's vest on and a big hat. Then all of a sudden, I couldn't move, and the beds started well, the room started expanding. I thought, that's what I saw. The room was getting bigger. The bed started rotating. In the middle of the room, Captain Hook was dancing around in a weird sort of way over at the side of the bed, away from me, over near the wall and the three graves. They seemed to be moving with the bed, and I put up with this for a little bit that I was about to panic when it was all gone, and so I pulling covers up over my head, which I did every night after that, because I figured if they were going to come back, I just didn't want to see them. It's not that they scared me, it's just that they were so strange looking. They didn't relate to anything that I could think of in my surroundings or my environment. And so that was my first my first encounter with them.
Speaker 2: How long did this go on in your life before you realize this was something different, something special, or you got a handle on it.
Speaker 3: Well, actually I didn't know what was going on until two thousand and nine. But in nineteen sixty one I saw my first spaceship or alien ufo with a group of students at Cigaville in the music class. But let me tell you something else first. Sure, this song became popular in the United States and it was from England, and it was called does your chewing Gum Lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: It does? After I tuoed it.
Speaker 3: That was the chorus to the song. Yes, Well, it started playing in my head one night and I couldn't go to sleep and it played all long. All night long, I could hear this song playing. And Mom came in in the morning to get me to go have breakfast, and I said, I can't go to school. I didn't sleep any last night and we were staying. We went into the kitchen and I told her that this song had kept playing in my head and I asked her what it was, and she said she didn't know. And asked her why it happened, and she said she didn't know. Then she took me into the living room and put me on the sofa and turned on the television and she said, you stay here all day. You watched TV. And she gave me a soft drink to drink, and she said, I'm going to picture breakfast and you're going to stay awake all day, so you sleep tonight because you are going to school tomorrow. Well, she left the room and went into the dining room, which I could see into because it had a big double opening no doors, but a big double opening door. What And she got the telephone off the wall, had the handset, and walked into the kitchen and she made a call to somebody. Well, I watched TV all day long, and at four o'clock my father came home. And he worked at Cigaville Prison as a prison guard. He was about six ' four and looked like dirty Harry, had a fur haircut, and he was a very imposing person. He was naturally strong at that point in his life. Well, he came in and he walked right past me, and he took my mother by the hand and he walked her into the kitchen and they had some kind of conversation. Then he came out and he sat down on the sofa next to me, well in front of me. Basically I was still laying down, and he said, son, you better straighten up, or we're going to have to take you to a psychiatry.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: Now, in nineteen sixty one a psychia, you didn't want to go to a psychiatrist. No, big There was a big stigma against it. It wasn't like today where people go to counseling all the time. And he said, we laces don't talk about ourselves. Now, why are you talking about this stuff? I had the faintest idea because my problem was this song playing over and over my head. But he's going, I didn't know anything about my parents except what happened to them when I was with them, and I found out later this was a lie. And he said, we don't talk about ourselves, and you don't want people to know about you, and you don't want to be famous. And I think I had probably talked about wanting to be something where I would be famous for some reason, even as at eleven years old. And he said, in the eighteen nineties, you had a female relative that told people, told everyone that little people came into her room at night and talked to her, and they put her in an insane asylum after a while because she wouldn't back off on her story. Oh he didn't say it that way, but that's what he meant. He said, And you don't want that to happen to you. Well, I'm going this is all because I heard a song playing in my head. Huh. And I wasn't even thinking about the Little Guys in nineteen fifty six, but obviously he was. He had remembered that happening to me. My mother had remembered that happening to me. So that was the end of the conversation. But he warned me again not talked about this to any one. So I watched TV the rest of the night, the rest of the evening, and then I went to bed, and I slept and went to schooling axt day. This was in nineteen sixty one, and another event happened that year which was very strange. I was taking a music class which was sort of a precursor to being in band in later years in junior high in high school, and I didn't want to take thee I wanted to be in band, So I was in the music class, in which we did some chorus, we sang some, we learned to play the tonette. We did learn a little bit about music, but not much, but some. Well, one day our teacher, who's named Doc Mister Kathy, Mister Kathy was sick and this young woman in her twenties was there's our substitute teacher. And I had never seen her before, and she was fetchingly beautiful. She had dark hair, very blue eyes. I remember that even to this day. And I almost fell in love with her. And we lived in a small town where you might not know everybody, but usually you would see somebody, and if you saw her, you would remember. So she took the role. And then she said, and it was just turning warmer weather from the winter. She said, we're going to go outside and do kelisthenics. Well, none of us wanted to do kelesnics. That's why we were in music class, so we weren't the most enthusiastic crowd she could have. She took us out and there was this gravel driveway by the edge of the sk school there where we stood. It was an old brick school house made into the twenties or thirties. Actually and she had us line up and stretch our fingers out, stretch our arms out, and touch our tips of our fingers, and then move away from each other about a foot. And there were probably twenty of us in the class. We were in the hot sun, and she stood under this big oak tree in a shade, so yeah, she really was to go outside. She said, we're going to do side straddle hops, and we all knew what those were, so we started doing the side of straddle hops and she started counting, and then suddenly the whole class just froze and we were looking above the tree that she was standing under, and she was looking at us, and she didn't look up. And this thing, Now, I used to put together models, and at this time I was big into putting together model ships. This looked like a George Washington class nuclear submarine turned upside down with the conning tower removed and the battle deck of the USS Missouri put on it, except that the guns and stuff were like little rooms. Now at one point in time, much later I thought that this was probably an illusion. But I ended up talking about this on another show, and a woman contacted me afterwards and told me that she had a friend who had seen the she same type of ship many years later. So apparently this ship does exist, but it isn't seen very much.
Speaker 2: And that's what you saw above her, right above the tree tree.
Speaker 3: So we're all standing there looking at it with our mouths hanging open, and she goes, all right, all right, let's get back to work. That's not anything. It's nothing. Now, how did she know it was nothing? She naturally looked up at it. She couldn't see it. She was under the tree. And we did about five more side straddlehops in the bell rang. Now, this was an hour long class, and my memory of it was about twenty minutes, including the taking role, the going out there and all that stuff. Maybe even not twenty minutes. So there was actually, even though I didn't know the concept, there was missing time.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern, and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more