Speaker 1: Welcome to the Betting pros PGA Podcast. I'm Pat Fitzmorris here with Bau mcbrair. Are you ready for two weeks of golf tournaments in the United Kingdom because we have the Scottish Open this week, the British Open next week, and today we'll preview the Scottish Open. We'll also recap the John Deere Classic, and at the end of the show we'll give you our one and done picks for the week. The Betting pros PGA Podcast is sponsored by Underdog Fantasy. Underdog is the place to go for fantasy football bestball contests, but you might not have known that Underdog has golf contest too. Visit Underdog Fantasy dot com or find Underdog in the app store, and don't forget to register with the promo code BP Golf to claim your special pick and to get a first time deposit offer of up to two hundred and fifty dollars in bonus cash. More on Underdog and It's golf contest. A little later, Davis Thompson wins the John Deere Classic bow and he does it without a lot of drama. The twenty five year old Thompson scorched TP deer Ron for four days, finishing twenty eight under par. Thompson had rounds of sixty three, sixty seven, sixty two and sixty four. He wound up winning by a comfortable four shot margin. Bow and I had talked about Thompson last week as an intriguing betting option. He'd finished top twenty in four of his previous six starts and was coming off a tie for second at the Rock and Mortgage Classic. Thompson had also tied for second at the Myrtle Beach Classic in May, so he'd shown that he could be a serious contender, at least in events with lesser fields. Unfortunately, bo I did not add Thompson to my betting card. Oh no, sort of kicking myself over what about you? Did you did you bet him?
Speaker 2: I didn't have as much as I should have had because when we when we published the show, we were both really on it. One of our listeners, Eric at E twelve two, did tail us on our based on what we gave last week, based on Davis Thompson's recent how he fits with this golf course against this field, and he came up with a big win. He also had Michael Thorpyjornsen. I know you had some thor Byjornsen, thinks to me, and I had all of thor Bjornsen, who cast top five, top ten on top twenty tickets for me, I think, I think Eric did the same thing. So winners all around except for Fitz who was He talked about it, but he wasn't all about it. We need to get on that train.
Speaker 1: Well, I did have a top five for thorb Bjornson, so while I'm not as wealthy as you and Eric, you know that paid off at sixteen to one, so it did give me a little bit of a profit for the week. Thor Bjornson finished in a three way tie for second with ct Pan and Luke Clanton. Bo, you've yeah touted the twenty two year old thor Bjornson as a rising star and future winner of majors, and the tie for the second his best finish of his brief PGA Tour career. Speaking of young stars, Bo, Luke Clanton no relation to the Clinton family of the Okay Corral shootout as far as I.
Speaker 3: Know, No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It seems pretty seems pretty coincidental at best.
Speaker 1: So young mister Clinton three putted from five feet on his final hole at the US Open, blowing a chance to tie Neil Shipley for Low amateur honors at the US Open. But since then, Clanton has finished tenth at the Rocket Mortgage Classic and now second at the John Deere. He's another young player we're gonna have to watch closely because he's making some noise. Not much else to talk about, really, John Deere Classic was indeed the birdie fest we expected it to be.
Speaker 3: The cut line was minus five.
Speaker 1: Hayden Springer had an opening round fifty nine and could only manage to finish tied for seventh. Follow any reflections on the John Deere.
Speaker 2: It was everything we said. It would be another shout out to another guy who helped cash tickets, Chan Kim with the top twenty finish, that's a good one for us to pick. He was one hundred and twenty to one outright. But those placement bets on those deeper shots have been paying all seasons. So pay close attention. And when we're talking about long shots, it's not necessarily that we think they're going to win. We just think that if their odds are so long outright, you're probably getting really good odds on them performing well in general. Top twenty, top thirty, top forty bets, you can do made cut parlays on most of these books. Get with some of these long shots just to get a piece of them, can can really turn a profit each week, so it's a really good way to build bankroll. And every once in a while you get one that just hits and they win. The whole thing like we got with the Aukshebatia earlier this season, or where we got with Jake Knapp earlier in the season, is sometimes the long shots do win. Most of the time. They're just there so we don't get skunked every week because sometimes it's really hard to pick who's going to win. We've been having a really good season on the outright market, but it's been those base bets at plus four fifty to plus eight to fifty in your case, plus eleven fifty on a top five on the rookie, those really add up, and that you can hit those at a lot higher clip than picking out rights in the game of golf, where honestly we're just playing a game of probability.
Speaker 1: Yes sir, And now we cross the Atlantic for the Scottish Open. We'll get to the preview in just a minute, but first our friends at Underdog Fantasy are letting you make picks on your favorite golfers all season long. Just pick higher or lower on selected stats for two to five golfers and you can win up to twenty times your money in a single day. You can also make rivals picks, where you choose, for instance, which of two golfers will shoot better scoring around golf. Picks can be combined with stats player stats from other sports too. Go sign up an Underdog Fantasy with the promo code BP Golf to claim your special pick and to get a first time deposit offer of up to two hundred and fifty dollars in bonus cash. So The Scottish Open will be played at the Renaissance Club in North Barrick for a sixth time. Located on the east coast of Scotland along the North Sea, this event is co sponsored by the DP World Tour and the PGA Tour, so we're getting a field with players from both tours. The Renaissance Club is a par seventy that plays two seven and thirty seven yards, was designed by Tom Doak and opened in two thousand and eight. It's a link style course, but the Renaissance Club isn't quite as linxy as Royal Troon, host of the British Open in two weeks, But after two weeks of tournaments played on Midwestern parkland courses, the Renaissance Club will certainly offer a different style of golf.
Speaker 3: The ground in Scotland is.
Speaker 1: Rock hard, as I can attest from a couple of golf trips there, so players are going to get a lot of runout on their t shots. On links courses, you typically won't find bunkers directly in front of the green, so players have the option to play bump and run approach shots. Sometimes keeping the ball on the ground is the way to go on a links course. And we're gonna see some creativity around the greens this week. Some Texas wedges, you know, some bumping runs from you know.
Speaker 3: Just off.
Speaker 1: The fairways at the Renaissance Club aren't easy to hit, but the fescue rough isn't all that punishing. What can be punishing, however, the twenty two fairway bunkers scattered around the course. A lot of the greenside bunkers are pot bunkers. That can be steep and more difficult to navigate than the green side bunkers and US courses. The greens at the Renaissance Club are big, and like the greens on many of the courses in the UK, they're on the slow.
Speaker 3: Side, at least by PGA Tour standards.
Speaker 1: Let's see the Renaissance Club has three par fives, all of them reachable, and five par threes. Three of those par threes are longer than two hundred yards, and there are a couple of shorties, one measuring four one and forty seven yards, one measuring one sixty one. They're four long par fours measuring or eighty or longer than. The fifth hole is a short driveable par four, coming in at just three hundred and thirty eight yards. Rory McElroy is the defending Scottish Open champion. He finished minus fifteen last year to edge Robert McIntyre by one shot. Xanders Schoffley won a windy Scottish Open in twenty twenty two, finishing one stroke better than Bo McBrier favorite Kurt Kitty Yama. Minwoe Lee was the Minwu Lee was the champ in twenty twenty one. He finished minus eighteen and best did Thomas Dietrie and Matthew Fitzpatrick in a playoff. Let's see in twenty twenty it was Aaron Rye at minus eleven he beat Tommy Fleetwood in a playoff, and in twenty nineteen Burned Weisberger won the first Scottish Open at the Renaissance Club, finishing twenty two under and beating Benjamin Abart in a playoff. So the all important weather forecast for North Barrick, where the wind off the North Sea canreek havoc, it's not going to be that bad.
Speaker 3: Temperatures are expected to.
Speaker 2: Be in the upat now.
Speaker 1: We say that now, and it is unpredictable, granted, but as of now, the forecast calls for temps in the upper fifties the first three days, with chances for occasional showers. You'll get pop up showers in Scotland all the time. Sunday things should dry out and be a little warmer, with tempts in the low sixties. The wind is expected to be ten to fifteen miles an hour on Thursday and then only five to ten miles per hour the rest of the tournament. The winds are that benign bow. I would expect to shoot out with a winning score somewhere around minus twenty, but again, weather conditions can be very unpredictable in Scotland. Bo your ancestry traces back to Scotland, your thoughts on the Renaissance Club and Scottish golf in general.
Speaker 2: Well, without whether it's a very very easy course, these guys are going to just light it up. I've always gone back to this old app that a Scottish meteorologist is just a sheep with a rope tied to its tail, and that's basically basically what the weather is going to be like is based on what condition that rope is in, and that's it's really you can't predict the weather like a weather forecast, even I with ACI Weather and Doppler forecasting, especially on the North Sea side of Scotland, it's impossible. You have no clue. Nobody has any clue what the weather's going to be even in three hours, and so that's I think that's completely irrelevant. I have to expect that there's going to be inclement weather at some point this week, especially with wind. I really don't care about the rain because it's just going to make the course easier. This course is right for the picking, but if that wind picks up like it did last year in the year before where it was predicted to be good weather incoming, I mean Rory hit that famous two iron from two oh six into the teeth of that wind forty mile an hour gus. I believe the forecast set a max gust of fifteen miles an hour at the time, and we did the show last year, so yeah, none of that forecasting matters. We want to predict who's going to be able to play, whether play and whether when it's bad, not if it's bad. I want to prepare for the worst and put golfers together that are artists. This is a course that requires a lot of care, a lot of touch, a lot of finesse, and just creativity. Like you mentioned it the bump and run game. You can still get around this place with flop shots that the wind isn't blowing, but you have to be able to adapt with the conditions. And that's why we've seen winners like Rory and Xander and even guys that have competed here year over year like Thomas Dietrie. All these guys are creative ball strikers. They're good when the conditions are good. They're even better when the conditions are not good. That's who I'm looking for. This tournament's going to be gonna hinge on if there's one or two days of bad weather. Who's going to rise to the top.
Speaker 1: The two iron into the wind that Rory hit last year so memorable and so heroic that there is no a plaque on the course honoring that. And I don't think I mentioned Xander Schoffley's winning score in twenty twenty two when the wind was up it was seven under par.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean this course was a east.
Speaker 2: This course is nasty when it's bad, and it's super easy when it's not.
Speaker 1: If you want a chance to win a free one year premium Betting Pro subscription, subscribe to the Betting Pros YouTube channel right now, comment below on this video and that's it. We'll be announcing a winner right here on the channel. So turn on your notifications so you can be alerted when new episodes are up and to claim your prize. And speaking of prizes, Betting Pros is giving away a signed Julio Rodriguez jersey for free, courtesy of our friends at Pristineauction dot com. Entering the contest is easy. Go to www Bettingpros dot com slash contest again Www Bettingpros dot com slash contest and complete the entry form. Then download the Betting Pros app, leave a review for this podcast, or subscribe to our social media channels. More actions you complete, the more entries you get. Every follow and review helps and boosts your chances of winning just by sharing your feedback on our podcast. The entry deadline is July thirty first, so go visit www dot bettingpros dot com slash contest for your chance to win a signed Julio Rodriguez Mariners Jersey okay bo. So let's get to the odds for the Scottish Open. All odds courtesy of DraftKings. As of Monday afternoon, Rory McElroy opens as the betting favorite at plus eighty plus eight hundred Xanderschoffley plus eight fifty Colin Morrikawa plus fourteen hundred, Ludwig Oberg plus sixteen hundred, Tommy Fleetwood plus two thousand, Victor Hovlin plus twenty two hundred Tom Kim plus twenty eight hundred Minwu Le plus three thousand, Padeki Matsiama plus thirty five hundred, Justin Thomas and Matt Fitzpatrick plus four thousand, and at plus forty five hundred, Sung JM, Robert McIntyre, Aaron Raye, and we've got Brian Harmon at plus five thousand. Who do you like from this group?
Speaker 2: Right off the top our defending champion Rory McClory's coming in with excellent form. I think the odds are a little short. They've shrunk to plus seven to fifty on by my look right now on Monday afternoon. However, that's still fine for a favorite. It's a non Scotty favorite. No Scotti Scheffler in this field either. We'll see him next week for the Open Championship. But Rory coming into this field is still going to be top five in most stat models. He's just on a really good run of form right now. This course does kind of ben the need to power players. Distance does have an advantage here, and Rory McClory showed that last year where even when the wind picked up, it even gained his another advantage because he could cut it through the wind and hit it into places where nobody else could get This is a big advantage for long hitters who also have good short games. Rory McElroy obviously a great short game, and that's why he's been on such a run this past two months. He's especially he's just on fire. So Rory mclroy's a great bat. At plus seven fifty or plus eight hundred, anywhere in that range is fined with me. And I'm going right to Victor Hovelin because when things get tough, when things are a little bit inclement, that's when he vaults to the top of the rankings. One of the best ball strikers on planet Earth, especially in wind, especially when you have to move the ball around. And as mediocre as his short game has been, it's better when the course demands creativity. It's just the straightforward chips. It doesn't seem like he gets too much detailed down. But I think his best form around the greens is when he's forced to be creative, and he gets to do that this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I will tease my betting card. I took ror early well, it was late Monday afternoon at plus eight hundred. Earlier in the afternoon he had been plus six hundred, a price I didn't like nearly as much, so plus seven fifty plus seven to fifty not a bad price. Still, I think I would have locked that in as well, but I feel lucky to have gotten him at plus eight hundred. Yeah, you just wonder like he's been dialed in for months. He knows golf in the UK quite well, the Northern irishman does. We haven't seen him since the US Open, and you know the tournament he let slip away in painful fashion. How scarred will he be by that experience? Probably not very.
Speaker 2: I think he's going to be, if anything, hungry and pissed off. Yes, if it's me, I'm betting on Rory to come back with guns of blazing, going off and trying to just destroy that golf course, defend his title. He's got everything to gain. We've seen him at his lowest point right now, where he was so close to winning that major and breaking that long, long drought. He's got a chip on his shoulder this year, especially with defending the Scottish Open and getting a shot at Royal truon the next week. I think Rory's gonna go scorch Dearth this week and next to he's gonna be really tough to beat at both places, especially with there's a distinct European advantage to these next two courses. I mean, we are on sacred, hollowed grounds for golf, and this field in particular has seventy five DP World Tour players and seventy five PGA Tour players. That's the unique mix, is the conjunction of this two tours building this Scottish Open field for the first time, it's gonna be unique to see the best of both tours. I think there's a lot of talent in the European field, even if they're PGA Tour players. The Europeans have a distinct advantage on these types of golf courses because they're not anything like what we see over here. We don't have link style golf courses in the United States. They might be link style asterisk parentheses, seek immunity notes. Even even Royal Barrick or North Barrick is a link style course, but it's on the ocean, in on the North Sea. It's it's definitely as close to links as you're gonna get anywhere in the United States, and I just there there's nothing like it. So a lot of what I'm going to be going over in my slip is going to be European style players or just guys from Europe who are used to this kind of golf.
Speaker 1: To your point, I mean the courses in the US that we call link style course. It's Whistling Straits in Wisconsin, which I've had the privilege of playing.
Speaker 3: It's a great course.
Speaker 1: It's nothing like Scotland. It just doesn't play like a Lynx course.
Speaker 2: That's that's on a great lakes. I mean, it's it's cool they built the course on the lake in a similar fashion. But I think the closest you can get in the United States would be like Pebble Beach because it's on the northern part of the ocean, cold water. You get some really nasty way other every once in a while, but it's not anywhere close to at that latitude. Right now, in Scotland you can play golf at ten pm. It's it's north enough to where in the summertime it's not gonna get dark. These guys are not going to get suspended due to darkness in the next two weeks, just because golf is everything in Scotland in the summertime in the squalls. The squalls are always on the horizon.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, let's go over some of the other favorites. So Xander Schaffley the other player with odds shorter than ten to one. Xander's finished inside the top fifteen in each of his last five events, and he won here in twenty twenty two under those harsh conditions, so understandable why.
Speaker 3: His odds are so short.
Speaker 1: Colin Marikawa He's also finished top fifteen and five straight events, but in two previous appearances at the Scottish Open, he's finished seventy first and missed the cots. It's hard to tell whether links golf suits Morikawa or not. B poor Scottish Open track record, He's missed the cut in his last two British Opens. He also won the British Open in twenty twenty one at Royal Saint George's, So he's an interesting case. Do either Xander or Morikawa appeal to you at all?
Speaker 2: Xander if it gets nasty, Morikawa if it stays calm. He won the Open and Rose Saint George is in pretty nice conditions. He's a high ball hitter. He hits the ball very high trajectory wise, are's the reason why Scotti Scheffler hasn't even come close to winning the Open Championship. It's because he's a high ball hitter. He doesn't flight the ball down very well. When the wind is up. It's gonna be a very important part of that kind of gulf, and I'm looking for guys that are better at flying the ball down, better at getting creative on approach, better at getting up and down from weird, really weird places where it's not there's nothing in front of you, but maybe you're in a gorse bush or nearby or in a pot bunker, and you have to be able to get the ball up and down on a green that's gigantic. You might be ninety feet away from the pin in a pop bunker, and you got to find a way to get up and down. And some of these guys just aren't equipped for that. Their game is built for over here, and it's it's just so different. So I think I'll go more towards guys who we've seen do that, like Hideki Matsuyam at thirty five to one. He's played out of his mind well this year, especially in tough conditions, and this course is a lot tougher than the last three weeks so we've seen on the PGA Tour. Even if the conditions are benign, you're not gonna see a birdie fest, even if the weather's temperate. I do also like Matt Fitzpatrick. It's thirty five one, yeah, but if things get a little tougher, like if the weather changes, then I'm gonna expect guys like him to rise to the occasion grind it out. He comes in third in my model when I filter for wind. That that really raised my eyebrows on him. Thirty five to one on a guy that good at those odds, I'll take it.
Speaker 1: I've got a weird vibe about the big oberg Oh, like this could be a good week for you missed the Cot last year in his debut at the Renaissance Club. You know, does he have the experience to give him the sort of creativity he might need this week?
Speaker 3: Is that your concern, I am.
Speaker 2: My concern is his style is he's a high ball hitter, likes he hits the ball really high, and that's it. It plays a big part when greens are fast and you need to be able to tuck it into certain spots. Like here, you just have to hit it close. You have to be able to hit it close whether the wind is up or not. And I don't know that he can do that. I don't. I don't like his style with this type of golf understood.
Speaker 1: Yet it was the weather forecast that's sort of emboldened me to take him. But as you said, the weather forecast, how much stake should we be putting in that? Maybe I'm putting a little too much into it by taking Olberg. Tommy Fleetwood has finished top twenty six in six straight events over the last two months, but he has no top tens in that time. But he does have a strong record at the Renaissance Club. His finishes in his last four appearance here second, twenty sixth, fourth, sixth, Minwu Lee tied for second at the Rocket Mortgage Classic two weeks ago. One here in twenty twenty one, when conditions were pretty benign.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 1: Tom Kim has finished third and sixth in his two prior Scottish Open appearances. Lost a playoff to Scottie Scheffler at the Travelers three weeks ago, although he then missed the cut at the Rocket Mortgage Classic. Aaron Raye something you liked enough to take in our one and done bow last week one here in twenty twenty, and has been in fine form lately. Second at the Rock and Mortgage, seventh at the John Deere. Let's see he sung j M four top tens in his last seven events, plus a twelfth last week at the John Deere. However, he has missed the cut at the Scottish Open in each of the last two years. And one more guy I'll mention Robert McIntyre finished second here last year in his two other top twenties at the Renaissance Club, and he's a scott obviously, but he's had a wild season. Man won the Canadian Open, finished top ten at the PGA bod McIntyre has also missed the cut in six of his last twelve tour events. So do any of those guys appeal to you or not?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Not really? Maybe minwe Lee at fifty five or thirty to one right now, I think that's too short for him. He's had such a terrible season on approach that his win and top five finished the last couple of years at this golf course. I don't really put stock in it because he was playing better golf at those times. This is very much what have you done for me lately type of golf course where if you come in and you have the right mindset and you're also playing good golf, you can take this thing down. Minw Lee played well last week, but he kind of fizzled out at the end. His approach game has been so bad that I really don't feel great about it. He's going to have to score a lot better on par four's, and he's gonna have to avoid Bowie's a lot better than he has been. He's way down in my model, so is Tom Kim. Tommy Fleetwood always rates out well. He should do well, but if you're if you keeping score at home. He has never won a PGA Tour event. He has never won anything. He hasn't won anything in the last three years, other than being part of the Ryder Cup for Europe, which was a landslide. But yeah, unfortunately for Tommy Fleetwood, unless you're betting him to make the top ten, you're not going to make any money because Tommy Fleetwood doesn't win.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Let's look at mid range plays at plus fifty five hundred are Wyndham Clark Davis, Thompson, Corey Connors and ben On. And let's see at plus six thousand, we've got Sepstraka, Christian Bazudin, Howes, sahiit Degala and Max Homa. Jordan Speith is plus sixty five hundred. Thomas Detree and Adam Scott are plus seven thousand, Ryan Fox and Eric van Royan are plus seventy five hundred, and at plus eight thousand are Tom mckibbon, Tom Hogue, Seewu Kim and Alex Norin. How about the mid range options ball.
Speaker 2: This is more my speed. Ben On has the distance advantage. His putting has been a lot better this season. I think ben On's got a really nice number at fifty five to one. His power is going to be an advantage here. Same goes for Ryan Fox. Ryan Fox is a bomber and a half. He annihilates par four's that's going to come into play a lot on this golf course where the par fours are tricky. You have a vast array of them. And so I did take a really broad stroke on strokes gain par four and he rated thirteenth in this entire field. So Ryan Fox is very high on my list. Deetree has a great track record. He's a horse for this course if I've ever seen one. The Belgian obviously European. He's played well in tough conditions. He's played well in European golf course conditions. I think that's he's in really good form right now to pay off at seven to one. So those two guys are kind of my favorites in that range.
Speaker 1: So On was third here last year, and the last time we saw mister On he was missing the cut at the US Open and then withdrawing from the Travelers. But he did record back to back top fives at the Byron Nelson and the Wells Fargo two months ago. Dtree second here in twenty twenty one, tenth in twenty twenty two, five for five, making the cut at the Renaissance Club.
Speaker 3: And you know, the Belgian hasn't really.
Speaker 1: Made much noise lately, but he does have three top fives this season.
Speaker 3: Let's see Max Homa.
Speaker 1: It's had kind of an up and down year, but he's shown some aptitude at the Renaissance Club, finishing sixteenth and twelfth in two previous appearances. And Tom mckibbon is someone American fans might not be familiar with. He is a twenty one year old rising star from Northern Ireland who has finished top ten and four of his last six DP World Tour events. He was second at the Italian Open a couple of weeks ago. What about long anyone with odds of ninety to one or longer who interested?
Speaker 2: Number two in my entire model is Danny McCarthy. It comes in handy that he's a great approach player, he's a great putter, He avoids bogies like crazy. He plays very well in wind. That's that's right at the very top of my of my whole board, and going back to Dorcal Kurt Kittyama, he's played well here over the years. You know why, because it's dry and windy here all the damn time. So yeah, I think that he just feels at home, especially when the wind picks up. He's he's well equipped to his stingers all day. I'm pretty sure we kind of as soon as we learn to swing a club, we're hitting stingers off the tee just to get it under the wind. So I think that if, especially if the conditions worsen, you're going to see players like Kurt Kittyama rise because they are so adept at grinding out pars and making making birdies on holes where nobody else is. He's he's that kind of player where he buckles down and get and makes makes u and holes out when it's tough. I really like that, especially at his odds. I think he's at one hundred and ten to one right now. That's a that's a really nice number for a guy of his caliber. That's that's pretty much in that range where I go. Justin Rose is another guy that when the conditions get tougher, another English golfer who's played these kinds of golf courses his entire life. He's ninth in my model, and I'm gonna go all the way down, all the way down, and we're gonna you're gonna laugh this. This is a good one. We're gonna go to Antoine Rosner. Antoine Rosner is four hundred to one, and he's very high on my list. The Frenchman. I believe he's a he's that kind of guy. It's just this this kind of golf course brings out some wild ones. I have a couple of other deep shots and I'm kind of hesitant to throughout there because my model is a little bit shaky at the moment. But one of them is Vincent Norman. I believe he's a Swede two ours. He's a bomb and gouge type of guy. So if the conditions are good, I can see guys like Vincent Norman rise to the top. If they're not good, you're gonna see guys like a Rosner, the crafty, bump and run guys. They're just ball strikers, they're creative, they're the artists.
Speaker 3: I was considering a different Frenchman, Bo, Matthew Pavan. It seems like ninety to one, just seems like a value there. Finished twelfth here in twenty twenty one and was in the Hunted the US Open obviously last month, finishing fifth. And I'll mention one more European Ewan Ferguson is a twenty eight year old scott who obviously has some experience with Scottish golf. He was twelfth here a year ago and coming off a win at the BMW Invitational Open last week. All right, Bo, what do you have on your betting card as of this moment?
Speaker 2: All right, so I do have some Rory McIlroy at plus seven fifty, Victor Hovelin at twenty two to one, Hideki Matsuyama at thirty five, and we're going all the way down to I did throw in some Jordan Speith. I'm kind of shaky on it because he's played so badly, but I think that Jordan Speed, for some reason in my head, is gonna pull it around. Danny McCarthy at ninety to one, Kirk Kittayama on ten to one, Justin Rose at one hundred and fifty to one, and then we're gonna we're just gonna throw it out over while five dollars with Antoine Rosner.
Speaker 1: Well, we're both going hard this week. I've got Rory at plus eight hundred. I did go with Olberg at plus sixteen hundred, and I went with Tom Kim here kind of making me regret it.
Speaker 3: I feel like I.
Speaker 1: Should have put that money I've been on instead. But I've got Tom Kim at plus twenty eight hundred. I do have Thomas Deetree at plus seven thousand and top five at plus fourteen hundred. I bet Tom mckibbon a little something at eighty to one and a top five at fourteen to one. I've got Pavon to win outright ninety to one, and I've got you and Ferguson at one hundred and ten to one with a top five kicker at twenty to one. Now, before we get to our one and done picks, if you're playing in a one and done golf pool, or if you're playing in any sort of tears based majors pool, this year, our friends at pool Genius a new product that gives you an edge using objective data like betting odds, course performance, and national pick trends.
Speaker 3: The tool highlights the top.
Speaker 1: Value picks that give you an edge, and it can all be customized specifically for your pool. If you're doing a one and done pool or major's pool, let pool Genius be your secret weapon. And by the way, pool Genius is not just for golf pools. You can use it for March Madness pools, NFL Survivor pools, and more. For ten percent off on the Majors tool, and for fifty five percent off on yearly packages that include all golf, football and March Madness tools, visit poolgenius dot com slash Fantasy Pros. Again, that's poolgenius dot Com slash Fantasy pros Now for the one and done picks. Last week, Bo took Aaron Raye, who finished tied for seventh, good for two hundred and fifty two thousand, four hundred dollars. I took Sepstraca, who tied for sixty first, good for seventeen thy two hundred. I'm not sure I could buy a decent used car for that. The money Scepstraca earned me last week.
Speaker 3: Now much so Bo.
Speaker 1: Extends his lead. He's at about eleven point seven million for the season. I'm about four million back at seven point seven million. You are up first this week, Bo, Who you got?
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm in cruise control at this point, because I mean, the Tour Championship could throw me off at the end of the season. But I do feel confident that I got this thing. As long as I can keep my head on my shoulders, I'm going to play it relatively safe with Matt Fitzpatrick this week.
Speaker 1: Matt Fitzpatrick, Oh, and what am I gonna do here?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with Oberg.
Speaker 1: Him I have, and I'm not sure if this is the right spot to pull him out. I guess I'm counting on that He's mild weather forecast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's talented enough for sure. I just don't know about the fit.
Speaker 3: And that's gonna do it.
Speaker 1: For this week's show, thanks again to our sponsor, Underdog Fantasy. Sign up for Underdog with the promo code BP Golf to claim your special pick and to get a first time to posit offer of up to two hundred and fifty dollars in bonus cash, and please come join Bo and I again next week when we'll be previewing the final major of the season, the British Open at Royal Troon.
Speaker 3: Until then, so long everyone.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Betting Pros podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x and TikTok at Betting Pros and Instagram at Betting Pros NFL. Also subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Betting Pros