Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: We did it.
Speaker 3: We made it to a Friday. It's a meat Friday. It's hour one. What a great smell. Got out of my car, walked into the tragerville and there it was garlic bread, bacon, rosotto, smoked Tuscan chicken otherwise known as mary meat chicken. Have you heard about this? That if you want somebody to get engaged, you make the merry meat chicken. It's that good. So we're whipping that up on the triggers. Who has it better than we do?
Speaker 4: Nobody?
Speaker 3: All right, pull question, play of the day, stat of the day, all of that coming up. The great Al Michaels a little bit later on, and former NBA guard and a player that Marvin thinks is one of the five most exciting players who have ever played basketball, Jamal Crawford. Are you going to tell Jamal that you think he's one of the top five most exciting players?
Speaker 5: You guys didn't say five, You guys said the most exciting players. And he's in the conversation.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you put him in the conversation of most exciting players. Absolutely, Okay, all right, you're going to die on that hill, aren't you You're going to be.
Speaker 2: You're going to be alone on that hill.
Speaker 6: Love.
Speaker 3: Jamal Crawford not one of the more dynamic, exciting players an NBA history, basketball history. All right, eight seven seven three. DP Show email address dpat Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 3: If you're watching on peacock, you can download the app if you haven't done so to watch the program. And we say good morning to everybody listening on their radio. Over four hundred cities they carried this program. iHeartRadio, Fox Sports Radio as well. All right, six days until the NFL Draft. Spoke to a source last night and I said, what do you have for me? And he said, at first I thought that Michael Pennix and Bo Nix would not be in.
Speaker 2: The first round. I said, okay, that's information.
Speaker 3: And then he says, but the more research I do, the more people I talk to, we're probably having six quarterbacks taken in the first round. And that means that Michael Pennix Junior and bow Knicks are moving on up. And that's how he described this. He said, you're first four. They're probably going to be the first four depending on if somebody trade, somebody gets squirrely, somebody moves up. But he thinks that those four quarterbacks are going to be taken, probably in the first four picks. So then my source said, you know the Raiders, you got to consider them with Michael Pennix. You know, do the Rams want to move up Denver?
Speaker 2: What do they do?
Speaker 3: So bow Knicks and Michael Pennix, according to a source, not initially in his first round, but he said, after talking to some people, I truly believe there's going to be six quarterbacks taken in the first round. Sean Payton, Bronco's head coach, talked about taking the right quarterback.
Speaker 7: You'd say, man, it sure looks like we have to draft a quarterback, and yet it's got to be the right fit, the right one.
Speaker 2: And if we had the tip sheets as.
Speaker 7: To who everyone else was taking, to be easier to answer that question. And so that's the puzzle here.
Speaker 3: I've been saying this for a long long time. Don't take a quarterback. Take the quarterback for you, And that's what Sean Payton is saying. GMS make this mistake and sometimes what happens is nobody's telling you the truth. For the most part, or at least publicly. Now privately, you might get some indications here, like you know, we like him if he's there, and you'll hear gms or you'll hear fellow scouts that they'll count things, you know if he's there. Well, even if he's there, that doesn't mean you're taking him, but you know, trying to work your way through the smoke screens is the interesting part. Six days out from the NFL Draft stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America. The official trading cards of the Dan Patrick show great reaction to the merchandise at danpatrick dot com. A lot of new t shor it's their cees Get Degrees t shirt, I'm trying my best headcover for your driver, and a lot more. Make sure you check it out at Danpatrick dot com. Most home break ins happen in broad daylight. As the days get longer this spring, protect your home with Simply Safe award winning home security. I use it, I recommend it. Get twenty percent off any new system at simplysafedan dot com. There's no safe like simply Safe. Play in action tonight the Bulls at the Heat Kings at the Pelicans according to DraftKings. I've got the Bulls getting one and a half against Miami Miami without Jimmy Butler, and I've got the Kings giving one and a half to the Pelicans in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: So those are the.
Speaker 3: Play in games and the odds in the Eastern Conference, the imbalance in the Eastern Conference. The Celtics are overwhelming favorites. Then it's the Sixers. The Sixers were in the play in game. Now they meet the number two Nicks and they're the second favorite odds wise. Then it's the Bucks. Then it's the Knicks, Calves, Pacers, and that's your East. The imbalance of the Eastern Conference. Yes, seedons.
Speaker 2: Celtics have been in first place all season.
Speaker 3: Yeah for years. It feels like uh fair, yeah yeah, But this is one of those there and we've talked about that, you know, this phenomenon of we don't care what you do during the regular season. You're one of those teams that we look at and go what you do in the postseason? Dallas Cowboys, Hey, thirteen wins, what are you going to do in the postseason? The Celtics, Hey, great, great regular season, What are you going to do in the postseason, and we've seen that more and more Buffalo Bills. You know, Okay, great regular season, what are you going to do in the playoffs? And that's where we are, certainly with the Boston Celtics. It feels like there's no excuse for them to not make it to the NBA Finals. The question is how many games will it take you to get there?
Speaker 2: How many?
Speaker 3: How many losses would Boston have before they get to the NBA Finals. I can't see too many. I mean, that's a really good team and the East is all banged up right now. The West, that's where it's going to be a little more challenging here. And I give the Lakers a puncher's chance here. It's not one of those where and it feels like everybody said the same, oh Lakers, no chance. Well you do have a chance. I mean you got Lebron and a d you know, you know a team that doesn't have a chance. The Warriors, they don't have a chance. Actually true, they're out. Here's Steve Kerr talking about the Golden State Warriors moving forward.
Speaker 8: I think we can put together a very good team and you know, start to transition, you know, towards the next era because it's clearly in our sights. But at the same time, Stephen, Draymond, and Clay and Chris, they're all they're all still very good players. But as we are right now, we're not a championship team. We know that we're not even in the playoffs, so we can't we can't say we're a title contendent.
Speaker 3: That's Golden State's head coach Steve Kerr on k NBR. What's noncommittal. It's like everybody said the right thing after they lost Steph saying, yeah, we want to have Clay back, you know, Draymond, Hey, we want to have Clay back.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you really feel that? And at what price?
Speaker 3: Like you know, there has to be an asterisk by this, Hey, we'd love to have him back.
Speaker 2: But everybody has to say the right thing.
Speaker 3: Steve Kerr can't come out and say, you know what, Clay is really falling off a cliff or Clay, you know, Steph comes out and says something, or Draymond. They do have They've sprinkled in some younger players, so they could probably put it all back in the blender one more time, which is what I would do. I think this is an organization that's been very fair to the players. When Clay went out with the injury, they gave him, they extended him, They kept Draymond through all of his nonsense. They paid Steph. You know, the James Wiseman draft pick was terrible, but they have I ate some pretty good picks. I'd keep it together. I'd have one more run with this and I'd bring Clay back for two more years. But it's not my money, not my team, and I don't have to worry about the luxury tax. But until you see some concrete evidence of they truly want Klay Thompson back, and look, I think he can still be a contributor. He's not the second best player on your team, and I think you can be fair to him. You want him to retire a Golden State Warrior, you want Draymond to retire.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: And this is what you franchises have to deal with all the time when you have something special.
Speaker 2: How long do you wait?
Speaker 3: Can you wait or do you just ride it out and say, let's be fair to those players. I've seen it both ways. I've seen it work both ways. But with Golden State, I would keep Clay. I would bring him back, Draymond. Hopefully you get a chance to talk to him so he doesn't go crazy again, stupid things again. I mean, Steve Kurrz got a lot of work ahead of him to be able to figure this out. What role because Clay didn't go quietly to the bench, He went kind of pouting. Now you've got to say to Clay, Clay, you're not a starter on this team, but you're a contributor on this team. Draymond may not be a starter, but you're a contributor. Are you all in? But that would be the approach I would have with Golden State, Yeah, Poem, I.
Speaker 9: Could see the Warriors management being a little harsh with Clay Thompson saying, look, we're going to need you to take a big haircut here. We're going to give you two years at a very low price, or you could test the market, which I don't think he would like to do. He played two years for them, I should say he didn't play two years for them, and he got his full salary. They paid him eighty million dollars to not touch the ball for two years. They've been more than fair to him. I know injuries happened, but this guy has been well taken care of by that franchise. I would be a little terse with him.
Speaker 3: Well, I would just give him a dose of reality, yeah, to say this is what I said this before. I would go to Steph Curry. I'd say, Steph, me and you, let's talk.
Speaker 2: What do you want?
Speaker 3: You tell me what do you want or what do you not want? And it stays between us, just you and me. Let's talk about this because as we move forward, I want you happy. You're the franchise and I want you to help me make decisions that make this better for you. You want Clay back? You want clay back at this price? Do you want us to try to entertain a trade for Draymond? Who would you like to see us bring in? Those would be hard questions I would ask Steph Curry. I'd give him the ultimate respect of saying, here you go, you're going to help me be a GM here.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Poll question seton what are we going to go with today?
Speaker 10: Well, I was going to start with quarterbacks taken in the first round of the NFL Draft, three or less, four or more.
Speaker 2: In the first round in the first round. Oh, I mean I could do the first three picks or four picks if you want, Well, I I can't. That can't be four more.
Speaker 3: But how about we do five or less quarterbacks in the first round?
Speaker 2: Five or less? Well, we know there's going to be four.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean that's that's four gone conclusion. There's no drama to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so five you think there'll be five?
Speaker 3: If I gave the over under five and a half.
Speaker 10: Five and a half quarterbacks taken in the first round, you're taking the over or under, Okay, and that's a push.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I guess based on the information I got last night, I would say there's gonna be six quarterbacks taken in the first round. Now, this this happens in a lot of drops. Yeah, see four in the first four picks. Yeah, seems excessive. It's never happened before, right, that has the Cardinals taking one or trading out, right.
Speaker 2: They'll trade out?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Minnesota, the Raiders, the Giants, maybe Seattle, Like there's a couple of teams where you go, wow, didn't expect them Broncos in there.
Speaker 2: Rams.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's always an outlier where you go, I'll be damn. You know, they went out and got him because somebody is seeing something in one of these players and you go, we got to go get him. And you saw this with Kansas City years ago with Mahomes.
Speaker 2: They knew it.
Speaker 3: They went up, they got him, and Sean Payton doesn't want that to happen again because it happened to him when he was in New Orleans. They were going to take Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City went up, leapfrogged them, and then they ended up taking Marshawn Lattimore.
Speaker 9: Yes, points, and there could be a team that nobody has taking a quarterback. What was it six five years ago when Green Bay took Jordan Love, You know that was a shocker, or the whole draft they were You could look back at the mock drafts they all had wide receiver, wide receiver for Green Bay.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, and I'm sure Aaron Rodgers had wide receiver, wide receiver. To god, could you imagine that You're just sitting there watching He's got his tequila three fingers I think are four fingers of tequila and he's looking now, you guys know what that means with three fingers, four fingers with tequila. So the poor when you say, oh, you know give me four fingers, I pick a line on the glass and just pour it up. Yeah, but that's kind of what it is if you put your four fingers up there.
Speaker 2: That's where the level is when you get four.
Speaker 3: Fingers thumb every once in a while week Marvin's amount of tequila in his class is not as high.
Speaker 4: We're starting like that.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm sorry. I'm sorry first Jamal Crawford.
Speaker 3: Now there's I know, but I feel I still think that you needed to be, you know, put in the corner and giving a time out.
Speaker 2: After the Jamal Crawford thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, one of the top five or ten most exciting players.
Speaker 4: Of all time, no one puts Marvi in the corner.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm gonna put Marvi in the corner.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Paul, We're going to bring back the sound of you and Marvin and Jamal Crawford because from what I recall, we had the top five most exciting. And then I throw out there, who's that next tier? And I figuredt like Jason Williams White Chocolate and like other players like that, and Marvin jumped in with Jamal Crawford. Can you make the case at.
Speaker 3: We even missed doctor j in the initial drive by, like you know, it was one of those where, like you know, Caitlin Clark is in their top five most exciting or dynamic players. And then all of a sudden, we're going, Okay, who are the other players? Magic's in there and Michael's in there. All of a sudden, it's like people are going, uh, hello, how about doctor J. Yes, doctor J.
Speaker 2: Dominique Wilkin.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's so many players who played the game at a not only a high level, but an interesting exciting level. And Jamal Crawford wonderful shooter, instant offense, not one. Give me the signature, Jamal Crawford. Move moment for you, Marvin, all the great memories.
Speaker 5: See Jamal Crawford was what I like to call a sound effects guy, Like, oh I saw Jamal Crawford been the topic key what crossover crossover jumper? Okay, we're gonna go to YouTube. We're gonna you know what, radio just doesn't do him justice.
Speaker 3: Mark Price was more exciting. I just said it. Mark Price crossover. I know, Mark Price crossover.
Speaker 5: Wait Mark Price from Rutger, because you don't mean Mark Price from the Cleveland Cavalia. Yes, Mike Price, Mark Price, DeMarcus Price. I know DeMarcus Price.
Speaker 3: Well, Jamal Crawford is going to be exciting to know that you have him as one of the most dynamic players who have ever played the game of basketball.
Speaker 4: Let's go. Yeah, it's Friday's good stuff.
Speaker 3: Friday. It is Friday, all right? When when we come back, we're gonna play the quarterback draft game?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 9: Is that what we're going to do? Paul, I don't know if we're already yet on this. Okay, we're workshopping.
Speaker 3: Okay, So is it a great draft or shake you draft? Is that what we're playing?
Speaker 9: I sent you a very bad draft and a very good draft in the recent memory. There's a lot of quarterbacks being taken.
Speaker 3: In okay, So twenty twenty versus twenty twenty one. Okay, so that's good and really bad.
Speaker 9: And later we're playing a game we played it the past two years where the four of us will pick the quarterback and the team that drafts and keeps them in the first round this year.
Speaker 3: So who's not involved in this? If you say you four are going to.
Speaker 9: You're gonna judge it. Unless you would like to play, we open to place.
Speaker 2: It's your show. Okay, oh it is my show. That's right, got my name on it.
Speaker 3: By the way, if you want this hoodie, not this exact one, because this is mine, you can go to Danpatrick dot com and very nice. I mean, I'll give this away, give it away, give it away, give it away. Now, we'd have to come up with a reason for me to give you the shirt off my back, but I do it.
Speaker 9: What if you order today an item you selected randomly to get the one off your.
Speaker 3: Back, Well, I'd be more than happy to take this off, autograph it and give it to a listener.
Speaker 9: Sauce stain on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't you know, I do have I might have some stuff on here. I'm used, yeah, yes, show used. All right, let me take a break, all right, let me get thank you. Got phone calls coming up. We'll get to those as well. To meet Friday the great album, Michael's gonna stop by the exciting dynamic. Jamal Crawford is going to join us as well. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Two NBA Insiders, podcasting twice a week to plug you right into the NBA Grape.
Speaker 11: Five, all happening in only one place. This Uncut, the new NBA podcast with Me, Chris.
Speaker 2: Haynes and Me.
Speaker 4: Mark Stein join us as.
Speaker 11: We team up to expound on everything we're covering. Hearing and Chason.
Speaker 1: Listen to This League Uncut with Chris Haynes and Mark Stein.
Speaker 11: On the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: It's amazing how much time we spend on the NFL Draft. But imagine your job is to spend so much time on the NFL draft. If you're a scout, you're a GM player personnel, head coach, assistant coaches, breaking down tape, interviewing, going to the combine Pro Day workouts, and then you end up whiffing.
Speaker 2: Go back to the twenty twenty one draft.
Speaker 3: Trevor Lawrence gonna get a new contract, contract extension by all accounts, a franchise quarterback Zach Wilson looking for a team, Trey Lance, a backup in Dallas, Justin Fields gets a new start in Pittsburgh. And then you have Mac Jones. I often said, when you're drafting a quarterback. They all have talent. The question is what's the infrastructure like when they get there. Zack Wilson went into a bad situation, bad team, and he shouldn't have started. Not every quarterback taken in the top five or top ten or top fifteen should start. It's really what's the talent around you? What do you expect out of that quarterback? What are you asking that quarterback to do? I wouldn't have started Bryce Young because that team is not very good. The Texans with c J.
Speaker 2: Stroud.
Speaker 3: The Texans turned out to be better than what I thought, and c J. Stroud was pretty much the exclamation point to get you into the postseason. But Trevor Lawrence on a bad team, bad coaching situation, and all of a sudden, it seems like maybe turning the corner here Zach Wilson's looking for a job. Trey Lance didn't make sense. He didn't play that much. You basically played one year of college football. Now, he was really good at North Dakota State, but you traded up an awful lot to get him. I don't even know if he can play in the NFL, but he's a backup in Dallas Justin Fields. I still think can be a starter in the NFL. Maybe gets that chance with Pittsburgh. And then mac Jones he's in Jacksonville. They gave up nothing for him. Now, he did go to a team that went to the playoffs, but then that team kind of fell apart and he had to make things.
Speaker 2: Mac Jones is not going to make magic.
Speaker 3: He's not one of those guys where you say, hey, all else fails, we got that guy as our quarterback.
Speaker 2: He's a good quarterback.
Speaker 3: He was in college and I know the Niners thought an awful lot of him and probably should have taken him instead of Trey Lance, but they traded up a lot to get him. Mac Jones goes to the Patriots. It's kind of a mess. Now we're finding out that owner and head coach did not like each other, and did Bill Belichick even like mac Jones? Was he told to take mac Jones? And then all of a sudden you're saying he's not our future. So you're going to teams that aren't very good. Trevor Lawrence survived Urban Meyer. Then you look at the twenty twenty draft, Joe Burrow going to the Bengals, The Bengals were on the move. They had gotten some good draft picks and they were pretty good. They got Jamar Chase. Now, all of a sudden, you're playing in the Super Bowl, Tua going to Miami. You know, they make the big trade. They bring in some receivers and you're asking him basically to stay on the field. You got you know, you bring in Waddle there, Tyreek Hill. Now, all of a sudden, you got something Justin Herbert. Justin Herbert, very good, had a lot of talent around him. Should be better than the results that we've seen Jordan Love. When he was first taken, We're like, wow, that's a curveball. And then the more I saw of him, or at least heard from somebody who watched him, they said he can play like he's really good. And I had them making the playoffs last year and they go to Dallas and end up winning. Now they're going to give him a contract extension. I think Jordan Love is a franchise quarterback. Jalen Hurts, I'm not as convinced, even though he's done some wonderful things. Could have been the Super Bowl MVP. He joined a great team, great team, great line, best line, in football, had talent around him. I want to know if he can stand alone at times and make the throws, make the plays, and you know you're going to spend a lot of money on him. I still would like to see a little bit more. But that's the twenty twenty draft. Pretty good draft when you think of it. Twenty twenty one terrible. All of that time, all of that research, interviewing, asking questions, and you still came away with Zach Wilson, Trey Lance mac Jones. You can throw justin fields in there, but justin Fields I still think has that talent. I think he has the inate ability to be a franchise quarterback, and maybe he gets his chance in Pittsburgh if Russell Wilson falters.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Pulling one of the common threads with all the stuff you just talked about is there wasn't a very good team and a new quarterback was brought in. Everyone says the Patriots are going to take a quarterback third, but they don't seem like a talented roster.
Speaker 2: I would hate to be that quarterback, right So, based.
Speaker 9: Off that they should not take a quarterback, trade down a couple times, build their roster and get a quarterback next year, you would think, right.
Speaker 2: But that's what the forty nine ers did.
Speaker 3: The forty nine ers build a team and then they got lucky with Rock Purty. But you're able to continue to have that team. If I said that Rock Purty's got to be quarterbacking Carolina, he's not better than the situation with Bryce Young.
Speaker 2: I mean he's a good quarterback.
Speaker 3: He's a good quarterback back in a system, and they have weapons there, good offensive line, got an offensive minded head coach.
Speaker 2: A lot of what happens.
Speaker 3: You know, your success is based off of who's my coach, who's the offensive coordinator, what kind of weapons do I have?
Speaker 2: What kind of continuity do we have? That's where I.
Speaker 3: Think you see quarterbacks who succeed when you didn't think they were and the opposite.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 10: See, nobody has fallen victim to that more than Mac Jones in recent memory. That dude, in his stay with the Patriots, he had defensive coordinators as his offensive coordinator. Yes, that's how, plus a bunch of random no name wide receivers. That dude, he was absolutely not set up for success at all.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I've said this before. If you put Mac Jones on the forty nine ers. I think that he could be what Rock Purty is. I think that he could still be that kind of quality quarterback. Rock Purty's a great story, and he played pretty well in the Super Bowl, and people had their doubts, but you know, they they got their guy after whiffing on Trey Lance.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the kind of thing that gets.
Speaker 9: You fired, the bailout of a lifetime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because then you can say, well, hey, you screwed up Trey Litz. Yeah, but look we got with brock Perty all right, we'll let you stay. Fac will extend you guys. That's what they did with San Francisco. All right, Let's see a couple of phone calls in here. Woody in New Jersey, Hey, wood Man, what's on your mind?
Speaker 12: How you doing, gentlemen?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 12: Hey, Marvin, Uh, I almost put my truck in the ditch the other day when you had a hockey highway for play of the day. I didn't know if you had a hockey allergy or a tragic hockey accident in your family at some point. But you know, February twenty fifth, the Blackhawks had the greatest American player.
Speaker 13: Well, it was the twenty fourth.
Speaker 12: I thought the play of the day on the twenty fifth would be Patrick Keane scoring in overtime when they're retiring, tell you us Jersey. But no, sadly that didn't happen. But I'm hope been to see a little more hockey commitment here now that we're getting to the postseason.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, thank you, wouldy, Yeah, yeah, Marvin, you're the one that picks out the play of the day.
Speaker 5: I've been on a tear lately. Let's go Stanley Cup playoffs. Okay, I can't wait for the Montreal Canadian Sure are they in the playoffs?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: Is there a playing game? No?
Speaker 14: I know that marched.
Speaker 10: Okay, we do enough NHL on this show that when I type in NHL on my computer, at auto corrects to NFL.
Speaker 3: Wow, wow, at auto correct you know what NFL. I would like to have a hockey highlight for play of the day. Dramatic finish last night. I'm hoping that that might be the highlight. Were we six seconds into overtime? Maybe maybe maybe you have to check in. Okay, uh? Nick in California?
Speaker 15: Hi?
Speaker 2: Nick, what's on your on today? Hey?
Speaker 6: Again? Good morning, Happy Friday. So quick story for you the other day.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, wait, Nick, are you on a speakerphone.
Speaker 15: No, I'm actually in a shower.
Speaker 6: I pulled the frizzes today.
Speaker 2: Wait, you're in a shower.
Speaker 6: I'm getting out of the shower.
Speaker 3: Okay, I once again, Nick, I didn't call you.
Speaker 2: You called me. So well, go ahead, Nick.
Speaker 6: So I'll touch to the chase. My wife's not a big meat eater, and she had asked me if the pizza was good, and I told her to take the sausage off, and that brought me down another rabbit hole with a good highlight of frizzy.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, Nick. Good Yeah, good luck getting out of the shower. It makes it seem like I called him. Hey, you called me. I'm in the shower. We should start doing that. We should just call people at home and ask them.
Speaker 2: Hey, what are you doing? Yes, Tod, but it's possible.
Speaker 16: At the time they call, they're in a better place, and then they're on hold, and then by the time we get to them.
Speaker 3: There in it was ten minutes. He was on hold for ten minutes. Could he have waited maybe ten more minutes?
Speaker 14: Probably could?
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you, Tod. Myron in Atlanta, Hi Iron, Hey, dan.
Speaker 13: Thanks for calling me. Uh two. Hey, I'm glad you took the responsibility of getting your will.
Speaker 8: Done this week.
Speaker 13: But it got me thinking, if you had to pick one dan Net to be your successor, god forbid you don't make it the next four years, which one would it be. I'll hang up and.
Speaker 3: Listen, all right, Thank you, Myron. I wouldn't pick any of the dan Ets to be my successor. They're really good at what they do, but this is a little different here, and I don't want them to follow. I mean, it's like following John Wooden, you know, or Nick Saban. That's not fair. I can't do that too. I mean, Todd can't deal with the pressure of just being Todd alone.
Speaker 14: Difficulty. I wouldn't even talk sports. I could talk about like anything but sports playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, got your haul of Oats T shirt?
Speaker 5: Yes, Mar Has anyone reached out about taking over in the studio?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, but those would be it was just an inquiry. If it was a real conversation, then I would bring you guys in. And I don't know if have you guys reached out to anybody about joining another show?
Speaker 9: Paul the opposite. I've had three different people reach out after you announce your retirement to throw their name in the hat or.
Speaker 2: Whatever to take over for me. Correct, Okay, three different people.
Speaker 3: I had one person called me directly and just said, hey, can I put my name, you know, in the hat? And I said, well, there's no hat. Well, he said, can you get a hat? I said, all right, I don't get a hat.
Speaker 10: If that's how you did it, you just threw names in a hat and then picked somebody that's good cont and.
Speaker 2: The winner is Linda con Doug Gottlieb.
Speaker 16: Yes, Ton, Would any of them spike your drink to speed up the process of being the next in line?
Speaker 2: Would somebody try to kill me?
Speaker 14: I guess is what I'm asking? You can trust the people that reached out to you.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Tom, I'm gonna say they probably. Who do you think would try to kill me?
Speaker 14: I think Ross Tucker might throw something?
Speaker 2: Now, he's the nicest guys.
Speaker 14: I wouldn't put it past God.
Speaker 3: Also, Joe, really a little truth and every bit of kidding. Ton Andrew in Iowa, Hi, Andrew.
Speaker 15: Hey, dp hey holy clothed here had to toe he two things versus for Paul Paully July seventeenth Indiana Fever play at Dallas Wings. Do you think those tickets are good? Do you think Caitlin will be on our way to the Olympics. Also, then, Dan I called a month ago for the suggestion of Caitlin going up against Steph Curry on your painted neural wall. Would that be a worthy assist for your game show?
Speaker 6: Hoodie? There?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 3: You know what, leave your address with Tyler and I will sign this hoodie and send it out to.
Speaker 15: Got a kid appreciate it now, good weekend.
Speaker 3: That's how it works. I'll give you the shirt off my back. Yeah, Andrew did say, hey, what about a Kaitlyn Clark Steph Curry mural in the man Cave? And we decided we were taking out James Harden and Jerry West. Hated taken out Jerry West, but yeah, we had to remove those so we could make room for Caitlyn Clark and Steph Curry. I would think that would be reason enough for Caitlyn Clark to call in just to say, wow, you did that for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. From one great shooter to another. I hope you enjoy it. Enjoy Buddha in San Francisco, Hi, Buddha.
Speaker 17: Nobody just got out of the shower dance.
Speaker 9: Thanks Colin.
Speaker 6: What up? DP, Let's go fritzy, Dan.
Speaker 17: I've listened to the show for about twenty years and this has been by far the most morbid week that I've ever heard, and I loved it. I mean it's all about content, baby, yep. I mean somewhere in there, Dan, there's an Emmy submission for next year. I was dying listening to the talk about your state breakdown and that's why I love this show and you guys, Dan, years are the best. I got a five minute pol question for you guys. Who makes more money over the next ten years of the NBA players from Kentucky or players from Arkansas?
Speaker 2: Thank you bout it.
Speaker 9: They're both taking pay cuts when they go to the NBA.
Speaker 4: Wow, what.
Speaker 2: Second it is? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't know Mark Pope's recruiting philosophy. If he's going to go, can we still get one and Donners? Do we still want to get one?
Speaker 2: And Donners?
Speaker 3: John CALIPERI go, you know what, on second thought, maybe we try to get transfer portal players.
Speaker 2: Maybe we look at the Yukon model. Here.
Speaker 3: All right, we're gonna take a break Marvin, the entire hockey community is waiting for your play of the day.
Speaker 4: Let's see that's next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp Oh my God, the play of the day.
Speaker 17: My God, this is the play of the day.
Speaker 18: Check this out and off the draw campaign quickly moves in Campey shoots hes go. That's the one end the regular season overtime goal Adrian campaign six seconds in King's winning.
Speaker 4: Five to four.
Speaker 3: LA Kings Audio Network that tied the NHL record for the fastest overtime goal.
Speaker 2: Kings.
Speaker 3: Now the first round matchup with Edmonton. That's your play of the day. Play of the Day is brought to you by tire rack dot com. The official tire expert of The Dan Patrick Show. Got a tire rack dot com slash Dan tried the tire Decision Guide. See the full lineup of twuhyoh tires and special offers, free road hazard protection and mobile tire installation. Tier rac dot com is the way tire buying should be. Uh Marvin, I went back and forth a couple of days ago. We were talking about the most exciting players. Now, Tim Legler brought up Caitlin Clark's one of the five most exciting players to ever play the game. Now he's not talking best, he's talking exciting, because there are a lot of great players who weren't dynamic, weren't exciting. They like John Stockton was methodically great, Karl Malone, Tim Duncan. There's a lot of players they but they're not dynamic. So here's a snippet of Marvin and I going back and forth talking about our guest coming up in a half hour.
Speaker 2: Jamal Crawford.
Speaker 5: Yes, Marvin, not a great player, but entertaining Jamal Crawford.
Speaker 2: M h, He's not in there.
Speaker 4: Jamal Crawford's not entertaining.
Speaker 3: Not with these guys. I mean, you're gonna die on that hill alone, come to my funeral. No, Jamal is not even gonna die on that hill with entertaining entertain great Jamal Crawford was a great shooter, ball handling, great shooter, great shooter, wasn't good enough to start. Okay, do we mention this to Jamal Crawford? We have to, Okay, is that the reason why we decided to invite on the show.
Speaker 2: Half of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that's fine, full disclosure. You know, are you more than happy to tell him where I stand on that, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 9: This is a very tough one because you both have points. Jamal Crawford's game itself maybe wasn't the most exciting. He wasn't jumping very high, or he's very athletic guy, but he was a focal point when he came in the game because you knew the offense was going to run through him. A generation earlier or twenty years earlier, Vinny uh the microwave Vinnie Johnson for the Pistons was like this when he came in the game, watch him because it's going up.
Speaker 3: So that's not That doesn't mean he's one of the most exciting players. He's just a really good player.
Speaker 9: He's a focal point when he came in the game.
Speaker 3: But that doesn't mean I mean, I think we're confusing that he was really good at what he was supposed to do. But you don't go, man, do you remember the Jamal Crawford highlights. The entertaining part of this is what we're talking about, the entertainment factor.
Speaker 5: Yes, Martin, YouTube is your friend. Jamal Crawford highlights. Yeah, he's got a nasty crossover on Kirk Hirick. He's got one o Rey Alley where he makes them fall. He's got one on Wesley Matthews. This is just off the top of my head. He's got the in between the Legs Alley, the Blake Griffin when he was on the Clippers. This is just off the top of my head.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: I saw you on YouTube yesterday. Not off the top of your head.
Speaker 4: Stand up personal life.
Speaker 3: No, I was just walking behind you and I saw you with Jamal Crawford highlights.
Speaker 2: Prepping for today.
Speaker 3: So yeah, take a look at Mark Price's crossover.
Speaker 4: DeMarcus Price, I know what, DeMarcus. I know, DeMarcus.
Speaker 3: Just refresh your memory since you weren't alive when Mark Price was crossing people over top of the Key. Give a look twenty and ten every night.
Speaker 4: Can't wait till it comes on.
Speaker 3: Thank you Tommy in Illinois. Hi, Tom, it's on your mind.
Speaker 19: Dan.
Speaker 20: This is a great time to bring this up because you sound very frustrated with the Dan at when you retire, can we can we expect the book maybe an untold story of the Dan AT's the truth.
Speaker 3: I think what happens on the air is the untold truth. It's the told truth. I don't think there's any smoking gun here.
Speaker 2: With these guys.
Speaker 3: That's why we have good days and bad days together, and we have some great days as well.
Speaker 2: And those days when we used to get nominated.
Speaker 3: For a Sports Emmy, it seems like such a long time ago.
Speaker 16: Yes, Tom, did you make us sign one of those Oprah kind of things when we did say a da?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: I did not, No, I did not, But I will say, you can't spell Dan without NDA.
Speaker 14: That's a very clever Just then, thank you Ton at the top of your head. That was great.
Speaker 9: I took a second to think about it. Don't you're mad?
Speaker 2: Rob in Oklahoma? Hi, Rob? What's on your mind today?
Speaker 15: Morning?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 21: First time, long time six foot in an improving two twenty five. Well, just with the imminent end of the show coming up, just wondering if there was like any chance.
Speaker 19: That we could get like a thirty for thirty or like a background of the beginning of the show, like when you guys had the show and the attic and things like that.
Speaker 3: Well, I've talked about it, though, Rob, I don't think there's going to be a thirty for thirty. But you know, we talked about the growing pains of this, and you know, I left the Mothership, came home and we were doing the show in my attic and Dan Netz would come over every morning. My wife's getting kids out go to school, and we did the show up there. And thankfully we did the show because look, we had everything we wanted at ESPA, everything, and we had nothing, and then we had to build something. And I'm very proud of you know, we had to stay together. We had to figure it out, Seaton working, you know, how to figure out putting together all the equipment that we had.
Speaker 2: And there were.
Speaker 3: Times when I don't know if we knew what we were doing, but we were together at I don't know if we knew what we were doing. And I speak on behalf of myself where I go, are we on the air, And I think Paul here Seaton would lie to me and say, yep, yeah, we're good, both of us thumb thumbs up. There, seatan would disappear, he'd go down under his desk because he was trying to figure out wiring there.
Speaker 10: At some point we knew we were going to be back on the air, and you needed to be speaking. That was the one thing we knew for sure. So no, no, no, we're good. You just keep talking.
Speaker 14: Are you sure?
Speaker 4: Where are we only?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yes, Tom and.
Speaker 16: Your cat would jump on the board overnight and throw everything off. By the time the next show started, everything was all out of whack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you to Yeah, all right, the dynamic Jamal Crawford, it's going to join us on the show. The Great Al Michaels is going to join us a little bit later on two more hours on this Meet Friday.
Speaker 2: Ah, can you smell the garlic
Speaker 20: Man?