Speaker 1: Coming up with a get Loud podcast, Revenue Head.
Speaker 2: Coach and Defense Going Down and Santana mo Especial.
Speaker 3: Oh it is a get loud podcasters.
Speaker 2: Anybody seek Geek, the Official Takeny Part there to watch.
Speaker 4: The Commanders, and today's We Got a Special guests spe Sure Gears for We got Tan with us.
Speaker 3: I was about the anchor this close. It was close.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you came and rescued me here. That's what we love about the show. We just talk and we talk very loud. So it works with me and and they don't know about you. Everybody think you quiet. Oh he can get loud.
Speaker 5: We're gonna get him tap into the other side of that gym, that Gemini And.
Speaker 3: If people don't know, now, strategy is his thinking.
Speaker 5: It's just two of me and I keep talking about the Gemini. It's really two of me. So when I tell when I bring it up, he's always talking about, Oh he goes to Gemini thing. It's some that I've been told when I was young, and then it took me a while to kind of get a grip on knowing that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I got two sides. Most time the family saw it, friends saw it, but it was late to me. So now I know what about your sign?
Speaker 1: What's your signe Sagittarius?
Speaker 3: What about you? I'm an aries?
Speaker 4: You know if you know the zodiac calendar, Oh, the aries is the F the starts that's why. That's why Stone is the diamond. Zodiac calendar starts with aries. Okay, all right, and it ends in March the f in Omega. So if you really know, you a strategy, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I mean you said Tanna was the astrology guy believes to you?
Speaker 4: No, No, I just know a lot of like useless facts.
Speaker 1: And that's also and that's why we ram.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. That's why my sign is ram. What's the sadge?
Speaker 1: It's the it's the the archer.
Speaker 3: I never knew who is he?
Speaker 1: Robin Hood?
Speaker 3: All right, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: I dig it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's the end of the football calendar because the super Bowl. But it's a fresh start here in DC. Quinn is now the head coach and I wanted to get pressure. Can I'll start with you because of the guests here. I was very impressed listening to them because of how much he wanted to be here.
Speaker 5: Not only that, I think one of the things that stood out to me is, you know, first before we got a chance to really like listen to his press presser and to actually see him in person, it was so much of the talk from the fans, from the other you know outlets, just talking about why they didn't feel so about the you know, the you know like you know from time, we've been here for so long, it seems like everything we do here, everybody just raven super Bowl.
Speaker 3: For the first time.
Speaker 5: I actually was happy because, you know what, I didn't hear all that chatter I didn't hear a false chatter about this is a great hire, this is what we expect, this is what we wanted, because sometime you get I guess you could.
Speaker 3: Say, bamboos with a little bit.
Speaker 5: You think that this guy's that he has all the tricks up in sleeve, or he's the guy for the job, and then he gets in and he doesn't do anything. So I was happy to see that people weren't excited. But I'm excited. I'm excited just because I know I played against this guy. I watched them for the last few years going against our team, and I look at it like this, if the least we can take out of this higher to know that, hey, we get enamored with the fact they're beating the Cowboys, were taking a little bit from them because defensively, these guys can do at where they played us.
Speaker 3: Like anybody else, and they do.
Speaker 5: They did things defensively at will, and it was part of what he kind of instilled in them. We played these guys for so long and the worst thing that they had going for them is their defense and until he got there. So I'm happy, man, And just hearing him in that presser, he just he just made things that I had already you know, knew about him just that much clear.
Speaker 4: Well to me, it's like, you know what we told the fan base, Hey, we're finna go to the car lot. We're finna get a car. And they thought we was finna show back up with a Lamborghini. This is what they thought sports car. We showed back up with F one fifty. Like that's what we showed back up. We showed up with something that I could actually write. Got word joy. But I can go to work and it last like I can go to work with this. So when I was in there, all I said to me was I just felt football washing over me. He's a football guy in and out.
Speaker 3: And the more.
Speaker 4: Players that I have talked to that played for him, and then we get Logan in here, like when you say his name to Logan, I was gonna say he just like that tells me everything because me and town of them played for so many different coaches.
Speaker 3: And we know when when when when.
Speaker 4: A coach really got got you in mind, not just a football player, but the person. So not only is he a teacher, not only is he a leader, not only is he a guy.
Speaker 3: I always heard.
Speaker 4: This from guys, and now I'm only on my first one, and I'm I'm divorced. One time I heard me and a better in their second marriage, because they take the things from the first marriage. What did I do wrong? What could I have done better? What could I have done to make this thing substantial and last to test the time? And now he get to put those things in effect. So when I was listening to him that that really stuck out to me, and he was like, yeah, you know what, I've been here before, but I also know where I messed up at and this is a guy that took his team to the Super Bowl. Fault because I ain't never won a super Bowl. He took him to the Super Bowl and had them two quarters away. He didn't from winning that thing, but he had to go back and say, you know what I whant some I did not do right in that type of self correction and that type of understanding and who you are, and I know he can put a staff together. If you are Washington fair, you should be excstatic right now.
Speaker 3: Not excited.
Speaker 4: You should be ecstatic because we got a leader in the house and he knows.
Speaker 3: He knows what he wants this team to look like.
Speaker 4: And if they look anything like that Cowboys defense, physical, mean fast. All I say is this, it should be a lot of players that's still in a contract on this team.
Speaker 3: She'll be happy. What's gonna happen to them.
Speaker 2: I thought it was an interesting point too that he made talking about being a better coach.
Speaker 1: We always think players can improve, we forget the coaches can too. Yeah. Yeah, And he said, the first time, I was just taking on too much, trying to do everything. And now I know I still have a lot of responsibility, obviously, but now I can delegate and manage one.
Speaker 4: And that's why people don't ever say he's a retread because a retrade is somebody that actually won the super Bowl. Now the thing we got is in this league, nobody's ever won a super Bowl one place and then go to another team and win a super Bowl coach wise, nobody's ever done it. But Andy Reid didn't not win a super Bowl in phil a death.
Speaker 3: When he retread?
Speaker 4: Bill Belichick did not win a ring in Cleveland? Is he a retread? Sometimes you just do better at your second stop then you do it your first one.
Speaker 3: And I gotta feeling he.
Speaker 5: Is because he oozes football and not only that, just the thing just just listening to him talk about how you have to be prepared. You know how he's gonna prepare these guys, How the kind of guys he's gonna go out and get.
Speaker 3: Yeah for the system.
Speaker 5: For so long we go out and get guys and then we say, Okay, we're gonna run this is but we don't have the right guy. He's telling you already from the day one, this is a system I'm implementing. I got, I got my offensive coordinator, I got my defensive coordinator. I'm here, we got the we're the system. Yeah, now that's go get these guys. You know what I mean already have that we have at our you know disposal right now, at our disposal. We're gonna make sure that, you know, we show them how they can excel in what we do best.
Speaker 4: He gonna challenge them. Yeah, and that's what I want. You know, if the guys that was nagging about UH coaches practices last year, them guys probably won't be a part of this team. Then this guy don't think like that, Like, if you cannot hold up a practice, how can I count on you in the game. If you don't want to work at practice, how can I count on you in the game? And me as a player, Hey, they can say what they want you by me every day on the practice Feeer. I love practice. I'm coming out there, Holland I'm excited to be here. You don't get to do this job. This job right here chooses you. You don't choose it. So I think that's what he gonna have around here.
Speaker 5: And I think that I would be surprised if we have those chatters that we've had over the past few years about tackling I'm gonna be surprised if we have those same challenges this year.
Speaker 3: Come when it's time for that. I mean he said it. I want you to tackle.
Speaker 5: I want I want you explosive, I want your physical When a guy tells you all that you ain't gonna come out there and no no, no thuds and talking about we're gonna go out there and touch each other, Yeah, you're gonna. So I'm hoping that a lot of these guys who got a chance to hear the presser, you know who's still on this team. I hope Daran Tanner's went to like, Okay, this is we're gonna play football. Now we've been in practice football. But I think when you do all that, you only have one one way to go, and that's better. The better you're gonna look better, you're gonna play better, you're gonna feel better. So you know, I'm on foot and I just can't wait to see these guys get started.
Speaker 2: You mentioned how much players love to play for him, and we've heard that. I saw Logan and you're right, man. I mean he looks like, oh, I'll tell you about it.
Speaker 1: I want.
Speaker 2: And that's what I want to ask you about, because there's a difference between being a head coach that the players like.
Speaker 1: And someone that wants to go to battle with you.
Speaker 4: Well, it's different head coaches. Jane, think about it. He goes, this is what you got. You got your genius. Okay, let's just say Shanahan. He's in that group. You got your guys with the granddaddy effect. That's kind of coach Gibbs. Oh the coach. I do whatever you want me to do. You got your disciplinarian and your military staff guy that don't really care about feelings. I want this done. I want this done.
Speaker 3: Kind of belly check ish.
Speaker 4: Right, So you got different coaches, but they all work, right, they all work.
Speaker 3: It depends on which one you got.
Speaker 4: Well, we got one with a list flash of Joe Gibbs, the Joseph and the list flash of Dan Campbell.
Speaker 3: Like so at the end of the day, I take that in the day with ice in the.
Speaker 4: Side of the drinks or something, because.
Speaker 3: He's that dude.
Speaker 5: It's all about buying into I think you know you can have the guy here.
Speaker 2: I think it's pretty obviously now the comand that's going to go out a quarterback in the draft, right, we don't, We never know, but it.
Speaker 4: Looks in your staff way too. You know, it's only eat that drafted somebody six seven three and forty pounds in two are you drafted somebody with a cannon of um them? Really your two only options up there? If you that high jinks like none of us go.
Speaker 3: Oh that high?
Speaker 1: Right, it's a lineman or it's a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But if it's a quarterback, you've got an offensive coordinator Cliff Kingsbury who is known as that quarterback guru?
Speaker 1: So how much do you like that higher?
Speaker 2: But as as a man who knows offense and knows quarterbacks, this is really right in his wheelhouse.
Speaker 4: Every coach is not gonna be a great head coach, especially the first time around.
Speaker 3: Like they're just not.
Speaker 4: But I've heard coordinator say I don't like playing against his offenses. I've seen his offenses make windows this big to throw in. I understand he and he runs a lot more than you think he does because two of those seasons he was in Arizona. The odd that thest the name was fifty one forty nine an past.
Speaker 3: So he is.
Speaker 4: More than you think when it comes to the run. So I think what he is gonna do. He speaks quarterback. Everybody don't speak their language just because you're a good offensive coordinator, don't make you speak quarterback. The one thing I think it is when you look at the quarterbacks he's been around, and that's the Calybs of the world, the Pat Mahomes of the world, the Baker Mayfields of the world, the Johnny man Menzels of the world. I think he he he cleans them up, but he also let them be dim. What makes you special, Kyler? I can run faster than anybody. Oh well, that's gonna be part of our offense, right right, So I think he likes Shanahan. I'm not gonna make you do what you're not comfortable with doing. I'm gonna make you do what you are comfortable with doing. So if I do get a Kayler Williams, I have already seen this skill set.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put you in the best position to succeed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because think about a Kyler Kayler Williams, what you want to do when you get him to the league and say, I want you to make the every day passes.
Speaker 3: I want you to throw slants.
Speaker 4: I want you to throw make the every day pass because I know when the play breaks down, that's when your own schedule. I want you to make their own schedule plays. That's what they had to do with Pat Mahomer. We know you can make the all schedule, make their own schedule. You get a guy like Drake May, and I'm one of these guys.
Speaker 3: The more and more I.
Speaker 4: Washington last night, Drake May is better than you think. Tom Drake listen.
Speaker 3: I know he's I know he has a cannon.
Speaker 5: I know he's tall as all out, you know, very just tall, Bunyan green, giant.
Speaker 3: Tall rees Herbert like okay, and we passed on.
Speaker 1: Out of that.
Speaker 4: And this guy can too, Lord Canning up a need to clean the feet up a little bit. But because his arms so strong, of course you're gonna you're gonna do what you do. Uh.
Speaker 3: Jaydon Danes, that's his favorite.
Speaker 4: That's his man crush right there, Jane with stick stick out to me.
Speaker 3: It's his deep ball. He probably got the best deep ball out of all three.
Speaker 5: And I watched him too, because we were talking about them so much last yesterday, I went home and watched Jaydan Dames and you were right, he do look a little more r G three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he right.
Speaker 5: But the only thing I saw different with with him it was the the wiggle in him, and he was finishing those runs, you know what I mean, just straight out bline fast. He was faster than everybody. But yeah, but the only thing too, I want to say about that. You know, when you talked about you know, Kingsburg being uh being o C. We wanted young, we want to innovative.
Speaker 3: We got it. We got got him.
Speaker 5: And now when it comes to whether we we he was, we were sure about it or not.
Speaker 3: He has a lot to prove.
Speaker 5: I mean, I look at what's the problem with coming here and proving that you're the guy?
Speaker 3: Everybody in the building I.
Speaker 5: Think, you know, we get so caught up in watching guys have success elsewhere and think automatically going to have here. I'm kind of happy again here I am talking about it again. He's not He's not the sexy pick for us right now. But guess what. He has shown that offensively he can do some things in this league.
Speaker 3: That's one. Two.
Speaker 5: He has shown that quarterbacks, young quarterbacks, he has a way of getting to them and letting them be themselves and making them a little better than who they once were. So I'm happy with all that. But like I said, what's the problem with coming in here and proving and you're the man for the job. I think as players we do that so much. I remember I got traded here.
Speaker 3: You want.
Speaker 5: Nobody happy about Stana coming up in here, you know. I remember one of the reporters. First things she asked me was like, hey, Tanner, you know, okay, welcome. How does it feel not to be wanted?
Speaker 3: And I'm really and I my lip.
Speaker 5: I was like, well, I say, and then and I remember saying, I'm glad. I was far beyond my years by this. I was like, well, I guess I am wanting because they just paid me to be here, right, So I just got a new deal to come here, and it it was like it's go time, you know what I mean? Because guess what, no one wants to not be wanted, you know what I mean. My main thing was I'm happier here far as an individual, because I thought I was coming here anyway, so I had so much going for me. She just didn't know I had a lot in store. But at the end of the day, I had to prove myself. So I was okay with that. So I look back at the coaches, what's the problem with these guys coming in and proving to the whole d m V that we the guys to get us back, and I'm ready.
Speaker 4: For I want them to take Commander Center, whatever this building name out of it.
Speaker 3: I want them.
Speaker 4: I want them to put Freedo laying. I want everybody in the Bible to have a chip on their shoulder. I won't because it's been We've been down too long. Yeah, it's like they say coaches got a chip on the show. Coach Quinn. Yeah, don't nobody believe in me. Half of the fan. They didn't even celebrate when I came up Cliff Kingsbury. They rode me off. I was in college last year.
Speaker 3: I got something to prove. You know, I'm gonna name him John Wick before this year. Oh Joe Wick.
Speaker 4: But Joe Wick, I want to show him that this one all damn Quinn right, this.
Speaker 2: Was me too.
Speaker 4: Everybody with a chip new ownership. They think we just own basketball and hockey teams. Let's show them, Peter Jim, they think it's all j Lynch, right, but this mine.
Speaker 3: Let me do it.
Speaker 4: So I like the fact that everybody collectively has a chip on their shoulder. Nobody's coming here like the Starboarys nobody's coming in here, like, you know, I don't even know if.
Speaker 3: I should be here, right.
Speaker 5: Everybody's coming in here a ton of it. But I'm tired of the parades anyway. I'm tired of the parade. There, season parade, pre season parades of what we gonna do?
Speaker 3: Oh, we gonna do this.
Speaker 5: No, sit back, get rid of you a fan, be a fan, Come here and support them. Yeah, sit back and let these guys go to work.
Speaker 1: You know we're to work right now. All right, I'm gonna read Baby Fields, Baby, and then you wanna talk.
Speaker 3: Some Grammys, and we're gonna talk super Bowl too.
Speaker 1: We don't talk super Bowl too. Can we talk about Honda? We can't, Oh we can.
Speaker 2: We gotta feel the power of the CRV Hybrid and a Cord Hybrid, Honda's most electrifying vehicles yet.
Speaker 1: Find adventure one of Honda's rugged.
Speaker 2: SUVs and trucks like the pilot trails for Honda's most rugged suv ever, Or experienced the thrilling performance of the funder drive Honda Civic with an available turbo charge.
Speaker 4: And Joja ain't buying it, not for my keys.
Speaker 2: Turbo too fast power performance and ruggedness with Honda, find the Honda perfect for you at your local Honda dealer.
Speaker 1: And you know this.
Speaker 2: With FRED, I do recycle track systems because this is what I do.
Speaker 1: That's what you do.
Speaker 2: You recycle transform the way the commercial businesses and communities manage waste and recycling. They combine the power of AI withamium customer service to optimize waist pickup schedules, ensuring timely, inefficient collections, to keep our neighborhoods cleaner.
Speaker 3: And greener, greener.
Speaker 2: Visit RTS do I can learn more about how they can help your business manage waste more responsibly.
Speaker 3: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: We are going to talk more football.
Speaker 3: Rammis who didn't win a Grammy?
Speaker 1: Well, I tell you did. Finally you get a Grammar, you get a Gramm. Miley got one.
Speaker 3: Oprah was giving him out. I think even the worst rapper of all time, which is.
Speaker 6: No no you call it okay, silk the shakaak a grammar the other night. Can we not vote Silk the Shaka is the worst rap of all time.
Speaker 3: I ain't doing it. I was.
Speaker 5: I was a fan of no limit. I can't do it. I'm a fan of no limiting. It was thirty of them.
Speaker 3: You can strike out on one of them because he happened to be your brother. Well they struck out on a couple of Can we still wait no album? Yeah we still, ladies, I'm still waiting on an album.
Speaker 4: Like I say, it powerful out the worst rapper.
Speaker 3: Him a Trinidad James. It gotta be one up. I don't even know James, That's.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying. Trinidad James is no producer. He's behind the scenes. Now he's producing, and then we should have been doing, which is what.
Speaker 2: So I mentioned Miley, which I was surprised that she never want to gramm me before.
Speaker 3: I was surprised she didn't think her dad.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I read some sort of headline like, oh there could be a risk between her and Milly Ray.
Speaker 5: Would have been a beef going on with them to them, Billy Ray Siena.
Speaker 4: But you know what, parent, child, it's gonna be beef because as a parent, they think we know everything, but actually we went through what you're about to go through, so maybe we do know a little bit more than you get what's credit for.
Speaker 3: But somebody that's being successful like Miley, could you could.
Speaker 4: You imagine having a star child like that after you being a star and trying to control them and.
Speaker 1: Being a much bigger star than you ever were.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine.
Speaker 5: You know, trying to control them is one thing, but you have to control them because you don't understand.
Speaker 3: And I'm pretty sure they don't think like this.
Speaker 5: But you only as big as you are is because your dad basically shows you the ropes. He too, He took you through this journey and now he was able to do it on your own, and he stepped I don't know if he stepped back or not.
Speaker 3: So why why give him that kind of you know what I mean? I don't.
Speaker 5: I never understood why some of these stars, kids stars grow up to kind of look at their parents as you know, I hate you, well, I don't. I don't want to be no part. I don't want no parts to do it.
Speaker 3: You ain't need to.
Speaker 4: Be famous, a rich doing My neighborhood and two neighbors died.
Speaker 3: I hate you. We all go through it. I just could wrap my hand around it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I you know, it takes a lot to be successful anything you do in life, and when you're blessed enough or have someone in front of you that was able to show you the ropes, because like we I look at football players as guys that kind of winging in prayer. We know talented, but we don't all have dads or some one that did it before us. We kind of basically go on fakey. Yeah, well I'm gonna I'm gonna put the work in and hopefully it comes true. This is my dream. So when I was able to do that, it was only my duty to give it to my brothers.
Speaker 3: Well, we was on the same Dreney together. I was showing them and I can tell y'all was home. I had a vision.
Speaker 5: My brothers necessarily didn't have the same vision, So nurse didn't have the same vision.
Speaker 3: He hated to come outside and play ball with us because.
Speaker 5: He the only guy that I could put on my team or put on the opposite team so we can have a team to go against. He hated the fact that my baby brother was a guy will go out there and get But what I'm trying to say is when you have people that's starting at your or paved that way, you can't not you cannot look at them as if they don't have a reason to be I guess you can say.
Speaker 2: Praised should give them some credit or otherwise you wouldn't be in this position the first place.
Speaker 4: First of all, them kids, them kids, they will.
Speaker 3: Push you to the brink.
Speaker 4: And I just I was sitting there watching like I'm waiting. I'm waiting, like I know, she finish. Shot out Billy ray Man. Come on now, I shot out my uncle Billy ray Smooth. How you're not gonna she thunk everybody? And I was like, Okay, she might be leaving them for last, because what you do? And she did not shot him out. I thought it was like here, sticky right, stick you right, stay up you in the back right quick?
Speaker 2: What do you think about Jay jay Z getting up there and taking shots that Beyonce has never won album in the year, she want a ton of Grammys? And then like I was for it, but then when he dropped these something y'all don't deserve to be in this category, I was like, so can I say something? I know?
Speaker 3: Smooth having and I want to jump there. I want to be louder than him right now in his own, my own show.
Speaker 5: Okay, So how y'all feel I'm gonna ask you for how do you guys feel about it?
Speaker 3: First, First of all, I thought Kanye had spiked his drink.
Speaker 5: What I was gonna say. The point I'm trying to make is everybody thought Kanye was crazy when he said it years ago. But he made this point years ago. But what did Beyonce come back and do after she won? I guess she won Video of the Year. Come on stage with me, Come on over here, and I want to I want to apologize for what Kanye did last year. Yeah, but now you're in the same situation and now your husbands sitting up here trying to do it the right way to politically correct.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: I just feel like it's too late. You should have let kank. Kanye made his point and y'all should all roll with what Kanye. Kanye did it for your wife a long time ago, so now.
Speaker 2: He just didn't do it in the Yeah, but Kanye Kanye went Kanye fashion.
Speaker 5: Yes, the only way we know Kanye could do something, he did it that way. And I feel like that was I didn't know at the time then it was right, you know, I thought Kanye.
Speaker 3: Was a little kind of like Kanye.
Speaker 5: I look at it like this, if it was right or wrong, just don't do it that way, right, Taylor swift.
Speaker 1: Don't take away someone else is.
Speaker 3: There's ways to do that.
Speaker 5: Don't upstage her, don't don't don't make her feel like that, especially being a woman.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't do that as a right.
Speaker 5: So I looked at it as that then, But now when I'm hearing Jay, I'm like, what, Jay, you got a point, but now you need.
Speaker 3: To go apologize to Conye.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's all ready to go apologize and say, brother, I'm sorry for you know because right now I don't think they even had nothing going on with each other, but they don't.
Speaker 3: Talk to you.
Speaker 5: I feel Jay, I feel them because you know, Jay says nothing wrong these days. I mean, he's one of those guys. He's just he's that dude. You know, He's the guy that I hate to say it because I'm I'm a big Tupac fan, you know, music framewashing because he told me all of them, and I was I had no love for Ja or Biggie or nobody in those days. I've come to grips since been gone its albums, and I have to say that Jay.
Speaker 4: Bigger, corrupt, Jay Cora, I know what has going on in my head. Pock is a poet, a right, So it's different. Bigg is a wordsmith, and Jay got to sway. He just he got the swag and he got the voice.
Speaker 5: And he can and just the words the way he put them together. You can tell you read books. You can always tell which one read books.
Speaker 4: Now, when I seen it, I was like, you know what, I thought to myself, how many more trophies do Beyonce me?
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 1: Can I say something?
Speaker 2: Here's the thing is that I think Kanya was definitely right. But when it comes to this year's album, this is with Beyonce, I don't think this year's album or this past year's album.
Speaker 1: Is very good. I think that's my thing.
Speaker 2: It's like I never heard saying that she hasn't created albums worthy of it, and I'm saying the music that I've heard recently from Beyonce, I'm like, if this is a Beyonce, this isn't a hit crazy.
Speaker 3: That's Mama Beyonce. Difference between me, Yeah, that's different.
Speaker 5: I would say this though, it's something bigger that he was trying to get across, beyond Beyonce, beyond you know, them doing what they do. You got to look at the Grammys from what it is as a whole, and I don't have all the facts. I just I think this is something that I probably looked up because I had to look at it. I had to google and to see what was going on. Grammedy is how how long it's been going on? Over sixty something plus years?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And Jay didn't say it, and we go back to this all the time, talking about it needs to be equal and it's right, and it's.
Speaker 3: Only twelve if I'm not mistaken, y'all. Can you know?
Speaker 5: Fact check me. I'm not one hundred percent, so I'm letting you know that beforehand. But I think it's only twelve African Americans in the music industry since since the existence.
Speaker 3: Of the Grammys have been awarded that award?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Look it up? Fact check me. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm not one hundred percent sure, but I think I read that. So what Jay is saying, it's now in hell that this thing's been going on, this loan and.
Speaker 1: It's a broader point bingo.
Speaker 5: So I just used his wife to get his example and get his point out.
Speaker 3: But he's saying something bigger than.
Speaker 4: That, if I think, if he really want to emphasize it, because I'm a man that if you really won't change, I think you got a plan it.
Speaker 3: I think if he shoot a text with you, don't.
Speaker 4: Never I mean not a text, I mean a tweet, get on his ig which he never own and say two weeks before the grammars, Well, you know, Beyonce, they one everything, but say this like shape, rattle a cage, get the public on your side.
Speaker 3: But I don't think you could do it that night, like you cannot do it in your accept this speech.
Speaker 5: That not to his credit, he said, normally he talks like that when he's nervous, So I don't understand he should have took a shot of something before he got on stage. But but if I find it odd for jay Z to ever be nervous, but I think everybody, everybody has the nerves. Trust me, I'll be the first to tell you. But I just felt like, when you're a guy that been there before, done, that is who you're accepting it for. It should never be nervous. You know, your nervousness getting you to talk up or speak up for what's right. I just feel like, man, at the end of the day, it was right to say something about it because of what you're really what the point is trying to you know, the point to get you? Yeah, I just feel like at the end of the day, we shouldn't still be here, you know, as a whole.
Speaker 3: When it comes to Grammars in any other ward.
Speaker 1: You after all this time, you want those bills out.
Speaker 3: Why and it just said it was eleven.
Speaker 5: It was eleven, Okay, so I was almost But that's that's that's that's bad.
Speaker 3: That's bad. But it is.
Speaker 4: You know, we can't spend for everything to just change overnight, but continue to apply pressure like this. It makes the truth come out. You can't run from the mode. Let's pay the bills out, pay them. None of us would be here.
Speaker 3: You know how it is.
Speaker 4: Get Loud Podcasts brought to you by Bet three six five, the official sporting bet partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range of NFL markets. With bet three six five app, craft your own personalized bet, slipping parlay excess thousands of games in live screaming, Place your bet before the match, bet during the game.
Speaker 3: It's up to you.
Speaker 4: Download the Best three six five app today. Join eighty million members worldwide, age twenty one plus only. Must be physically localately catered in Virginia. Gambling problem called text one eight hundred gambler n w A oh Man. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life don't escape us.
Speaker 3: We dream of any.
Speaker 4: Place in the world and the blink of eye, we're there. That's the wonderup flight. All you have to do is decide where to Dullis International Airport. Let you imagination sword book your adventure today at fly Dullis dot com. Slash n stop high learned the institution.
Speaker 1: You deserve a Grammy for that, just for an audio book.
Speaker 3: You know what it is. I heard my voice is very soothing.
Speaker 5: You know, it's more screeching than.
Speaker 2: Me like.
Speaker 3: You used to hearing it.
Speaker 2: I got a question because we're gonna get into the super Bowl, obviously, Patrick Mahomes is playing the Super Bowl battye.
Speaker 1: But what makes a goat?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like we use this term so often now we're already hearing is Patrick Mahomes the goat?
Speaker 3: If he wins?
Speaker 1: We're already hearing that thrown out.
Speaker 2: And I feel like we're getting a little bit ahead of ourselves, a little bit.
Speaker 3: I think he ain't made it to the goat status yet. But he's Yeah, he's.
Speaker 4: More at the goat milk status. Yeah he's not because he's chasing somebody. Like, when you chasing somebody, you can't be the goat unless y'all numbers are comparable.
Speaker 3: Is he? Like?
Speaker 4: This is what I say when it comes to him and Tom Brady his early Super Bowls. I mean, Pat Mahomes he had a lot to do with winning those Super Bowls more than Tom did. Early in his career. Tom rode that defense he developed over time. Patrick came in and we was like, who is this now? The question is can he have the longevity? Yeah, that Tom had, because you can't catch a goat, Like, because the stuff of Lebron doing right now, if you don't start at eighteen, you're not catching him right Like, That's just just what it is.
Speaker 3: I am sorry.
Speaker 4: So if you're not gonna play twenty plus years, at least eighteen or seventeen, there has to be some we're in there. So now it's a matter of time, That's.
Speaker 3: What it is.
Speaker 4: Does he have the talent? Does he had goat furrow on him already starting to grow antlers?
Speaker 3: He is?
Speaker 4: He is there, He's on his way him Andy, because I think all goats have.
Speaker 3: To have a goat coach.
Speaker 1: They have to go handed.
Speaker 4: And now the question is to me for him to catch tongue. How long is Andy Reid gonna coach? I think that's the story of his goat is because we can't take none away from him.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 4: He is goat status headed the goat status very much close. Can he have a longevity and how long does Andy Reid continue to coach?
Speaker 5: I look at it like this man's it's a lot of goats out there. I mean, you know, we eat goat, curry goat all the time. It's still it's still more.
Speaker 3: I can go get carry go all week everywhere. Lets you know it ghosts everywhere.
Speaker 5: But when it comes to just you know this this new generation man, everything is just done.
Speaker 3: Michael Waves cried. I mean it's goats.
Speaker 5: Like I hear people they tag me go I ain't the greatest of all time. But I get what you're saying. Yes, you know what I mean, I get what you're saying. So when it comes to just this topic in a nutshell, I get what they're saying about him.
Speaker 3: He's one.
Speaker 5: He's if not the best quarterback, one of the best quarterbacks. Right now in the league, and the league you were tired tomorrow, you'd say this is one of the greatest things. But you don't necessarily have to say. He could go right, like they get it mixed up. And man, these kids are so crazy, the kids here.
Speaker 3: You play.
Speaker 5: When we was growing up, there was guys that if you came around me and I heard you play for the National Football League, you're playing the NFL.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Ben, I want I want to be just like you when I grew up. You don't need now you go.
Speaker 5: Now you got these kids, Oh you play football?
Speaker 3: How many Pro Bowls you got? Trash?
Speaker 5: How many? How many? How many Super Bowl rings you got? Oh, you ain't do nothing, thank you. It's a different world out here. They think you have.
Speaker 3: To be the one percent of the one percent.
Speaker 5: And that's not the thing, you know, just making it, just being successful, that's everything. So I don't I get it, and I don't get what everybody's so enamored with. Oh, if you ain't to go, then we're gonna have a debate about it, or we got a debate about it.
Speaker 3: Look, Michael George to goat and Lebron goes to go right.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, you don't have to say, well, he did more than he did that both things could be. Both of those guys can be the goat. That's guys in front of those guys.
Speaker 4: That's our first of all, Magic Johnson go he's a a dou jaba go so and the goat of them all, Bill Rushing a great beard goat.
Speaker 5: So what I'm trying to say when it comes to just Pat Mahomes and all that, Don't get me wrong, by the time he's done, he has a long career. He may just be the best quarterback that they ever do it.
Speaker 3: Ye do it. But right now I think.
Speaker 5: It's too premature for us to put him in front of the guys that has paid the way, that's just sitting there at six, at seven, at four at you know, all those kind of Super Bowls and they had done time and time again. Don't get me wrong, now, what he's doing hasn't been done. I think what he's been the league for what six years to the Super Bowl four times? Yes, that's unbelievable, But let the man get there, let his career play out before we sit out there, before.
Speaker 1: We crown somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's not to say you don't appreciate that he's one of the best. Right, It's like you're saying both things can be true. But you make a good point too, which is, Listen, most people don't realize that a career in the National Football League is what three years?
Speaker 3: If that? Most people don't get vested that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so just make just playing bro football is the rarest of things.
Speaker 1: Playing a professional sport is the.
Speaker 4: Rarest your whole career, Yes, says it out do you drinks? I know you're a math major from Texas. Yes, I know, mathin' best subject. But do you know if you have a ten year career, how many people at your position you gotta hold off doing that whole ten year career?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Two thousand guys come out every year, twenty five hundred I ain't but two hundred gonna get drafted because what you got free agents? Yep, you gotta hold off them. You gotta hold off the older people. You got to hold about who was hurt last year and coming back. You got to hold off. And you ruined careers by keeping that job. First of all, Dale Green played for twenty one years. Do you know how many cornerbacks he had to hold out. I remember sitting when I first got here and signed. I was so wild by my my dv room Dale Green champ Bailey.
Speaker 3: So I'm sitting there with Darrel, I'm like, dude, you the fastest.
Speaker 4: Dude on the team. How do you play for twenty years? He was like smooping me, ask yourself? What's my backup name? Like I don't know his name. He's like good because I ain't never let him play.
Speaker 3: And it's simple like that.
Speaker 4: So if a guy like that film threatened by the everyday dude that walks through these doors, that let me know, then like it ain't getting the job, it's keeping it. And that's what I think. They don't care in town of right, these these youngsters, Uh, they just don't appreciate no greatness. Like if you ain't Oprah Reffred, your talks like stinks right.
Speaker 3: Well, some of your hall had a good show that I used to watch all the time jail. He had the longest finger watching it. So I don't think you have to be to go.
Speaker 4: And I think that's why I love Steph Kurr because they always ask the man I don't give.
Speaker 3: I don't care about that.
Speaker 4: I care about being the best met I can be, and I'll let y'all figure that out when I finished, because it ain't gonna take nothing away from my career.
Speaker 5: I say this, and I said because I feel like I've been in this discussion on numerous occasions when it comes to college football and just being the guy on your team and so many other things like that, are being the.
Speaker 3: Guy in your room. I get it. It's a lot of guys want to be the guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they they you see it in the way they play, the way they approach the game. We heard about so many divas in our league just how they don't want to share. Marvin Harrison, he didn't want to share that ball with Reggie. He had to because and it wasn't like by choice. But that's the way they was able to win and Super Bowl. That's the way they was able to go out there and be as dominant because Stokely came there too, and they all had this ship they you know, then they had a running back that can catch the ball the tight end, you know what I mean, the quarterbacks, so you know, you don't have to necessarily want to do it, but that's what make you even that much better. When the other guys getting off what I'm what I'm trying to be. What I'm trying to make is folks get caught up in trying to be him when you are him, you know what I'm saying. Like, I think a lot of these guys were talking about, like the Mahomes and all these guys, they're not just necessarily worried about.
Speaker 3: None of that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: The guys who out there doing are not worrying about how great I am.
Speaker 1: It's because they're in it.
Speaker 5: It's they're in it there in the moment. Like, man, look, I'm one of those guys. I'm a rebrie. I know I'm a re bree when it comes to doing what I've done because I play against or with guys that hated for you to have the same accomplishments or get off more really, and we congratulate you for I play with God, I never say the name high school level, college level, pro level, hated the fact that you may have schooled today and they didn't, or you had one hundred yards and they scored.
Speaker 3: Like I'm like, who cared? We both shine on me being me?
Speaker 5: I care less because I looked at it like this what you was able to do good and the opportunities that I was giving, make sure I excel in those opportunities.
Speaker 3: And if I did, that's all I can worry about.
Speaker 5: I did what I was given to do, and I probably did a little more because that's what I was. I was always told, make them say your name a certain way when you leave that feel. Make them repeat that name a certain way when you leave that feel. And as long as I handle my business, I care that's what you did or what you did.
Speaker 3: As long as you did what.
Speaker 1: You did, and especially on the same team, and if.
Speaker 5: We rock in the look if you got a if you got one hundred yards today three touchdowns and I had six are a touchdown?
Speaker 3: Why I ball to.
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I had the guy alias Bluefoot aka.
Speaker 4: His name, I'm gonna calling name, and boy, don't let me get a pick and let it be like second quarter.
Speaker 3: He'll come to the hood like Sean want something. What you're trying to do, Like, oh yeah, I'm forgetting anod He was like, I'm finna sit on everything.
Speaker 5: What's wrong?
Speaker 3: But it was healthy with me and him. We did it joking, right, But I've.
Speaker 4: Had guys come to the hood and they with looking at mad and I'm like, come on, dude, who cares. We've been pregicing that all week. I've been picking that past off all week. You ain't shocked. I just got that pick, right.
Speaker 3: But I understand the competitive juice. Well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: They are all competitors and everybody wants to be that stock.
Speaker 5: And that's why some of the guys who are it's because of what they have in them. They just like they just don't care. They gonna go out to be the guy they and they don't really necessarily they don't want nobody next to them.
Speaker 3: They want to be the guy along star, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And they don't want to share anybot to be that ever on any team a team I played on any games with five first round number one picks.
Speaker 4: And this is why it's always gonna be true. The best teams win the championships, not the best player.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: The individuals go to the Pro Bowl. The best teams playing this Sunday, Hey.
Speaker 1: Some more bills that we're gonna talk about the Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Why not you watched Pro Bowl?
Speaker 1: You see that rap yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, that's why I put in bets overseas.
Speaker 4: You know there's none football related because I got a feeling something special gonna happen. And when when that horn blow in their fourth quarter and they can feed the start falling.
Speaker 3: I gotta feeling somebody gonna hit that knee. He ain't gonna hit it.
Speaker 4: I got I gotta feeling somebody gonna hit that knee. He's gonna be too mad, and he ain't gonna pull out a real ring.
Speaker 3: He's gonna pull out the Super Bowl ring he run last year. He goes put the Super Bowl ring on him. Y'all know who I'm talking to. I can't do that losing.
Speaker 1: Oh I can't.
Speaker 3: First of all, I think the Chiefs might win anything.
Speaker 4: She's always been AFC team, and then I had Marti Shanhaimen as a rookie, which was a case old coach, so I had always had a kind of connection to KC.
Speaker 3: Case gonna win it.
Speaker 1: I gotta hear about the night because I hear everybody.
Speaker 2: I'm a homes which I understand why, but people are sleeping like the Niners can't play football, So I want to hear both sides of this all right.
Speaker 1: First thing, I'm talking about Honda.
Speaker 3: Please do gus. You know Honda.
Speaker 2: I had you feel the power of the fan in the Court Iron, Handa's most electrified vehicles yet, find adventure in one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sports Handah's most rugged suv ever. Or you can experience the thrilling performance of the fun to drive Honda Civic with an available turbo charted engine. But your children will never get there.
Speaker 3: I will get it and get tickets in lounge count.
Speaker 1: Get towerful. It's hard to find a Honda Purper for you at your local Honda dealer.
Speaker 2: And guys, you know seed Geek, the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. The Dealers finalized there. It is the newest member of the Commander's family. If you haven't heard the name yet, get you to it, because you will keep hearing it again and again and rightfully so whether you're buying or selling tickets to Commanders games or any other live event in the DMV, maybe Beyonce concert.
Speaker 4: Who knows the average ticket for the Super Bowl ten thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Official Tickety partner.
Speaker 4: You can get you one for ten thousand and one, nine thousand, ninety nine dollars, you know, but the average ticket is ten thousands. Oh my god, but it's Vegas.
Speaker 3: It's Vegas. Print listen, Vegas. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: And I've been trying to get out to Vegas because I haven't been since they completed the spear.
Speaker 1: Oh I got to see it.
Speaker 3: I got to see the spear of.
Speaker 5: The biggest Super Bowl party in my room, in my hotel room, because that seemed like that's the that's the cheapest seat.
Speaker 3: Ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: And then don't you know they got some people that's going to watch the game in the spear. Oh really, a lot of the game is going on, and you know, the spirit so bigduff.
Speaker 3: So they say people have been getting in there and like I'll be.
Speaker 1: Affected by the Steve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's I got to go see it. But I thought Vegas was the perfect place to have a Super Bowl period.
Speaker 1: Okay, here it is Chiefs Niners. So Tanna, you're on the Niners.
Speaker 5: Ryan with the Niners, Well, I got I got plenty of reasons. Grew up a Niner fan all my life. Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, Ricky Waters, ty On raft, Taylor Raftman, you name Ronnie, Ronnie Lott, I mean, bro. The list goes on. I've been a Niner fan since I could remember when once I got to the.
Speaker 3: League, auditioned him.
Speaker 5: I'm ryding with whoever team I was on, but I've always kept a close eye on him. And then now, you know, being removed from the league, you got so many different guys that you kind of liked where you however path you crossed, whenever, whenever your your path crossed or whatever.
Speaker 3: Trent Williams is over there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got Leonard Hankers over there as a coach, receive a coach, Kyle shining hands over the head, you know, chase a guy what I would love to see him, probably get a piece of that ring. But more than anything, I want to see those guys who I mentioned, you know, Trent, especially Trent Kyle I truly deserve. I truly think Kyle deserved at least one man. He's been there the last times, and I mean close ain't the word, man. So I'm just hoping that they can they can bring home. Ain't gonna get me wrong. Man, it's tough. It's gonna be tough. My homes that ain't going out without a fight. But I want to not just pull it up.
Speaker 3: I know y'all gonna be shocked when I say this. The names he just listed off right there, that's tough. He went through San Francisco history right there.
Speaker 4: But don't see about Neil Smith, get about Derrick Thomas, don't forget about don't forget about.
Speaker 3: Christ very word stip on page. Let them not forget about these guys. So the history is there with kingsas city too.
Speaker 4: But I have learned some because last week I guess what I did as an ignorant person.
Speaker 3: I picked against the Patrick. Yes, I did against the Patrick Jinks. I don't let you be shut down again.
Speaker 4: Then I looked at it, I say, all, let let me go down through this team. Best offense, forty nine ers, Kansas City, Which one you got?
Speaker 5: I think the Niners will get the nod. I think when you say the best player, it would.
Speaker 2: Be but the most weapons and now have the Yeah, so we can we can bringe that gap.
Speaker 4: But having the best quarterback kind of started eating it out. The best special teams. Oh that's most definitely Kansas City. The kicker is number two carrier.
Speaker 3: And then you gotta think rookie, and got a rookie here.
Speaker 5: And you know missed a couple of the last the last two games against one piece the best defense.
Speaker 3: Oh it's Kansas City, right number two. Kansas City got the best pair of conners in this.
Speaker 1: Strats number three. Though if you look at the right, I mean they're right there, right.
Speaker 4: I understand that who has the best d lineman in this railt?
Speaker 3: I mean this game, it's Chris Jones. He don't.
Speaker 4: He don't affect the game like Chris Jones affect the game. I give Trent the best offensive line, the best pure office line in I give the k City the best offensive line because once you stop messing with Trent, they get kind of regular best tight end.
Speaker 2: Kelsey, although I will say this though Kelsey is the much better receiver, but block, yes, so I give then.
Speaker 5: That's where it stops, because the Kansas City where I receiver, they on milk cotton.
Speaker 3: They they got one, that's.
Speaker 4: Right, the forty nine win wide receiver group. They also winning running back because Derrid Sanders ain't to be messing with now.
Speaker 3: But Checko yeah, run whatever they ask him to do, he does.
Speaker 1: He's a video game.
Speaker 4: So I was like, Oh, this is a field goal game, and who got the best field goal kicking?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would make me go Kansas City. So I explained to y'all, why what in the how?
Speaker 5: I feel what you saying. But sometime will over matter. Man, the games gotta be playing. This game can't be played on paper what we're doing right now. But when I looked at it, like this thing is a lot more even. No, I do believe I gotta be one of those blowout games. No, no, no side is gonna just you know, dominate the other, dominate the other. But but I just feel deep in mard forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: Will you know we're gonna get our money's worth.
Speaker 4: I say that it's gonna be one of those Super Bowls. Like you said, it will not be a blowout. I'm not gonna be shocked if I see two or three people get carried off the field.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be a blood bath. I feel that. And it's gonna be what quarterback make the first mistake? Party? I love Party.
Speaker 4: I love him because don't nobody want to give him his props? I'm gonna give you your flyers, young man. You are pro starred quarterback and you are part of the top half of it. Don't let them tell you what you ain't a right. I always tell people, don't nobody to care how you came into this league. Do you stay because Antonio Peers, my teammate, was a free agent when we was rookies Super Bowl winner. Now he the head coach of the Raiders. Don't tell me how you come in and got nothing.
Speaker 3: I don't care. I respect party. He just ain't Patrick.
Speaker 1: It should be a great game. It's been a great part. That's smooth, Santa. I'm jenks stance for Bember this year. I get live was he next week.
Speaker 2: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.