Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland.
Speaker 3: Security, interest rates hit the highest level in twenty two years. My lord, what does this mean for us as consumers?
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, the prices of everything is going to go up. We'll talk about the real estate pending bubble that we have with real estate rental prices being so high. But for those of us who are old enough to remember, this may not be the end. I remember a time when if you had like a five to eighty credit score, if you paid for a mortgage, your interest rates could be twelve or eleven percent.
Speaker 5: I hope that we don't go that high.
Speaker 4: De Fed's been pretty clear in their plan for the last year and a half about what they want to do, But I'm seeing people are starting to get a little bit worried. We talked about it before, the average payment of seven ninety for a new car. The rental market is going up, mortgages are going up. Everything is just going to cost more. So we have to be a lot more effective in our planning and our spending as interest rates go up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, I mean for consumers, like you just said, Carl, loans are going to cost more, credit cards are going to the debt's going to be the interest rates are going to be higher, and mortgage rates are going to be higher. That's what it means, right straight up. That's what this means with the interest rates being raised. But on the other side, well, there's another thing.
Speaker 5: That it means.
Speaker 2: It means that we're further away.
Speaker 6: From two percent, which is what betcha Pale has been saying, like they want to get back to two percent. But as we keep raising and keep raising and hopefully they think like this will be there'll be a pause in September, if not maybe a quarter, and then it's going to be depending on the economic data, which is shown that it may stop. We'll get to five and a half percent and it'll stop there, which is further. But on the bright side, if there is one, does that mean, and I outpose this question, does that mean where recession is off the table? Because that's what you know that that's the other part of this. Right at the interest rates get higher. Economic data is showing that, you know what, there might be a chance for a soft lending and maybe we don't go into a.
Speaker 7: Recession which could cause.
Speaker 5: A catastrophic event.
Speaker 3: I think they already know that a recession is not going to happen this year, so most economic analysts are in agreement that we probably will not see a recession.
Speaker 6: So then where when we talked about this in February, when we're saying, all right, by definition, this should be right two negative quarter does equal our recession? Did we have to now change what definition is for a recession right because they didn't really feel like one, because this might have been the bullish recession we've ever seen.
Speaker 5: I think they changed it to fifth the narrative that was good at the time.
Speaker 4: So like if a triple double is nine points nine rebounds and nine steals, Jason Kidd may have the all time record, Like, I think they adjusted it for what was convenient for them to prevent panic.
Speaker 5: I don't think we should change the definition.
Speaker 4: I think this would be like the Balco era of investing, where it's like, hey, this one just didn't count, which is interesting in the self and his interest rates go up, its slows down spending for a lot of people. If you ask anyone as we're out and about, I don't think people feel more confident in the financial situation more so now than they did two years ago. So I don't know how they keep saying that the economy is in such a great place when interest is going up, like even like, for let's say, if you can rent a full bedroom in New York, what's the cost to rent that in New York now?
Speaker 5: Eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: But you know what's so crazy is like going back to the eye test and I was talking to more, shout out to more and we were just having a conversation from yeah from Royal and Ma shou out Tom money bags in chat and we were talking and I was a comedy bas no recession for him.
Speaker 7: It's a fact. A few different people about.
Speaker 3: The luxury apartment buildings in New York if interesting dynamic was happening here, these luxury apartment buildings in New York. And I've seen it happen in Atlanta as well, where they're starting to look like.
Speaker 5: Trap house boy.
Speaker 7: Not even that.
Speaker 3: It's just like you see a bunch of people just in the lobby hanging out outside. A lot of dancers are moving in, and I'm like.
Speaker 5: Yo, ballerinas, Yeahsion is it?
Speaker 3: Because yesterday I'm like, what are you like? Yo, it's a lot of money out here, Okay, people getting money?
Speaker 2: This is this is this is what I'm getting too.
Speaker 3: Because I'm like, they can't be that many because they have different programs to get people in. But I'm like, everybody here can't be on the program, So how is every how is these And it's not just one building. There's a trend that's happening. And he was like, Yo, it's a lot of money out here.
Speaker 6: So that's what I'm getting too, right, Like, if we look at consumer spending, it's pretty strong. So at some point when is it not going to be strong? And as far as like from an enterprise side, like, at some point even when we look at some of these earnings and we expected growth to slow down, right, we expected revenue to be cut back, especially in the second half of this year, but when we looked at the rapporting from the second quarter, we're not seeing that. So at what point where we see the effects of the interest rates being raised? Is it the second half of twenty twenty four, is it twenty twenty five's first quarter? Like, at some point when will we see the effects? Because I mean, you raise interest rates, it's going to take time for it to kick in. But like to Shotty's point, people are still spending and this isn't like PPP anymore, Like this is something different.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let me run off two stats real quick.
Speaker 4: Yet of people in the US with equity has uh the equities were worth less than it was two years ago pre pandemic it was twenty seven percent and eighty three point five percent of people ages twenty five to fifty four are looking for work, which is two point two million more than COVID. The truth is like it'll start to be shown after whoever wins the next election.
Speaker 6: For whatever reason, this episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 2: Erness What's Up?
Speaker 6: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more. That's Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of fear that if this is announced before the next election, that Biden will be thrown out of office. And I can totally understand why the Republicans don't want Trump to get back in the Republican parties and shambles and who they want to lead. The Santus is having trouble. They don't want to back RFK, they don't want Trump. The Democrats are stuck with Biden and Hunter having fun in the white out White House office. So it's a shit show across the political landscape in terms of like the presidential race. But I think after the new president is announced, then we'll start to see what the real data is and how things are really going. And yes, actually that stripper indicator for the ratio of strippers that buy homes and properties is an actual index to look at.
Speaker 5: It really is.
Speaker 4: So I know it's a lot of people get money, but it's a lot of people who are out here hurting, and I don't think that they're telling a real story about the economy of what's going on. And I think after the election the truth will start to come out slowly, but surely.
Speaker 6: I mean, well, inflation numbers have gone down, right, I mean when what you're speaking to the unemployment rate, from what we've seen, it's been pretty low, certain portant, So I mean it's kind of consistent, right If they're saying like the first quarter of twenty twenty five, then that would be after the presidential cycle, right, because the president will be elected in twenty four of November. They don't go into office in twenty five, So maybe that is consistent and we will see that, right, because who wants to have that on their tenure, on their resume, there was a recession during your term, right, especially if you're trying to be re elected, that definitely is not going to help shany.
Speaker 5: It's the point I know you want to bring upside. Don't want this to be left out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I feel like, you know, it's a few different things that's happening. It's interesting because, yeah, there are people that are struggling, but the economy.
Speaker 7: Itself is still healthy.
Speaker 3: The stock market is booming, and you said, unemployment is down reasonably, inflation has come down, the housing market is still high. You know, it kind of slumped a little bit, but it's it hasn't fallen off a cliff, and it still places like Miami where it's just going crazy. Miami is at a point I don't know how it can Like Miami is at a point now where it's unstoppable, and the way that they're developing, it's gonna look like it's gonna look like Manhattan in five years. Like the development that's happening in Miami and the money that's flowing into Miami right now is unbelievable. And it's still places like New York where real estate is still high, and rents are still high, and people are still living in Drake set up a whole residency in New York. I've never really seen anything like they. Was in New York for two weeks doing six shows. He sold out mass regard. I don't know why he just didn't do arenas.
Speaker 5: Well. He did four in Barklady, three in the Garden.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm saying, like that's unprecedented. Like he set up shop in New.
Speaker 6: York to do Harry Styles the fifteen in a row.
Speaker 7: Those tickets are not cheap. They're not They are not twelve hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Two thousand, and he's selling out every single night. So there's different things that's happening with this economy where I don't think that it's to the point where you know, it is extremely.
Speaker 2: Bad that they did it.
Speaker 6: Interested in report on that, and this is why I had to talk about Live Nation, because they were looking at that the economic impact that some of these these tours are having it on these cities and the economy in general. Right when you got to tell Swift, who's doing her world tour and it's in the United States and it's boost the economy of each city that she's in.
Speaker 5: Beyonce's doing the world tour.
Speaker 6: Now she's in America doing it, and she's boost the economy right from a travel standpoint, from a hospitality standpoint, and from the revenue that's being in brought into the arenas or these stadiums that they because they I shouldn't say arenas, they're doing stadium tours and attaches that are so these things are helping as well. I talked about the weekend before about what he's doing, and you just mentioned Drake, So like all these tours happening, they're helping from a certain standpoint.
Speaker 5: I know it's a small piece.
Speaker 6: I think they brought in like five billion dollars over the course of the end of June and July, which is.
Speaker 5: A large amount.
Speaker 6: But to the economy which is like over was it seventy trillion? It plays a part in it. It plays his part in it. It definitely does. And I think I gotta give Jill credit.
Speaker 4: He said to that in a couple of years that a going to concerts will be like a super luxury item, and we're getting there now, Like drink tickets are not cheap. Taylor Swift isn't cheap. When we tried to go to that Harry Styles concert last year, I think the tickets was twenty five hundred and couldn't get tickets who sold out.
Speaker 5: Every date possible to be able to go.
Speaker 4: So I think those that are doing well are continuing to do well.
Speaker 5: But those who are not doing well and.
Speaker 4: Those that have been lost the last four or five years, I think this gap and the disparity is becoming so wide that it's going to.
Speaker 5: Be hard to make up for it in a few years.
Speaker 4: That's my concern. Yes, of course, there's always going to be people who make money. They're going to be high earners. It's that eighty to twenty rule, like twenty percent of the people are going to make an.
Speaker 5: Exordinant amount of money. Is not.
Speaker 4: But I'm worried about that gap being so wide with the rise and rate even here in Houston, Like there's a lot of people who moved to Houston because it was considered affordable, and now a lot of them are also being priced out. So I think the gap is a story that isn't being told. And every company seems to be adjusting to going the luxury route or premium pricing which I've always been pro. But the lower end companies I was reading an article earlier. Amazon and Walmart are now expounding, excuse me, expanding to India as well, following the footsteps of Apple. Zanna say said, congressing your win. So I think India's economy is raising up and it's filling in that middle class gap that we lost, and we're really a luxury good, luxury service kind of market now, and it's going to be bad for a lot of people.
Speaker 7: All right, we'll mind to the situation.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member Romel Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens.
Speaker 2: Have been arrested.
Speaker 1: If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine. Nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,