Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today.
Speaker 1: We can do that.
Speaker 3: Bloombergs John Talker, John, what are you looking at? And let's head up to western New York near the finger Legs, beautiful part of the country. You know them. For Pyrex they made the giant telescope mirrors like the one for Hubble. They developed the first fiber optic cables. Corning Corning, New York, also known as Crystal City surging in Nvidia has born five hundred million dollars worth of rights for shares and Corning. This is part of a broader partnership between the companies and it's all around expanding artificial intelligence infrastructure. As part of this strategic partnership, Corny's going to ramp up manufacturing capacity to supply the fiber, the optical fiber that AI focused data centers used to deploy in Vidia's chips, and Vidia actually has struck billions of dollars worth of deals like this across the ecosystem. They picking stakes and everything from AI model developers and other chip makers like Marvel Technology. This is the all effort to fuel growth across the industry. And in the statement on this partnership with Corning, Jensen Wong, the CEO of in Nvidia, stressing how the effort is going to benefit the YOS economy. The AI boom presents an opportunity, says to reinvigorate American manufacturing and supply chain.
Speaker 2: I had no idea. Corning is up two hundred and sixty two percent in the past year. Ye wow, all right, that's a.
Speaker 3: Place to go. The Corning glass The sounds like a I've been there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's actually really cool.
Speaker 3: It is very cool.
Speaker 2: And they have like a fourteen foot glass like tree at Christmas time too, like a glass tree in Cornering, New York. Check it out.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to go visit. And we got to do. Walt Disney posting stronger results than expectations, improve profitability at the streaming business new movies, and apparently we've all spent more at the resorts and on the cruises. Earnings per share when you strip out a few items, rising to a dollar fifty seven in the second fiscal quarter operating income at all three of their divisions, Entertainment, Experiences and Sports, beating expectations. Disney says that expects earnings per share to grow twelve percent this fiscal year. The directed consumer unit that includes Disney Plus streaming service achieving a double digit profit margin. This is for the first time. And the film studio so strong demand for Avatar, Fire and ash Zutopia IIWO and Hoppers. I'm glad my kids are older now. The three movies have generated more than three point seven billion dollars and the new guy, Josh Demro. The long term strategy involves simplifying a lot of things, like they're going to try to do one stop shopping on the mobile apps. So many mobile apps rights.
Speaker 2: So now I think you're gonna be able to at ESPN like on the Disney Plus app. I think, right is what they're talking about.
Speaker 3: I suppose. So again, it's all a matter of simplification, because right now, you know.
Speaker 2: What they've had cuts though, I mean they have this company, especially in their news division, there have been lots and lots of job cuts.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the.
Speaker 3: Nurse division, have you I mean, I'm going way off track here, but sixty six straight here in Manhattan was the ABC.
Speaker 2: Well I used to be in that. I know the building has gone, not just ABC, but the building is so much history in that building. And now although I must say because I was down at the New Studios, worked there for a little bit in their gorgeous downtown at the mouth of the Holland Tunnel. But yeah, missed the big building on sixty six.
Speaker 3: Well, let me wrap up real quick. One of the most active A m D of course, reporting after the closed irregular trading yesterday, leading challenges in VideA and AI computing chips soaring to new heights after a flood of data center spending boosted the sales organist.
Speaker 1: The Stockmovers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.