Speaker 1: How's a mom's only fans.
Speaker 2: It's thriving. I just kicked her five hundred dollars as a holiday gift.
Speaker 1: But wait til you tip your own mom five hundred on the left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she thinks it's from someone else. She needs the money. It's from Roberto JJ.
Speaker 3: Wow did you upload like a hot screen cap like a No, it's just.
Speaker 2: Like an egg, you know, like a blink?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah did.
Speaker 2: She was like, She's like, somebody tipped me five hundred dollars. I was like, oh my god, mom, amazing.
Speaker 3: You're doing the equivalent of like, you know, magazine parent, like a rich parent helping their NEPO kid with that. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I got your number one on the New York Times.
Speaker 3: That's oh my gosh. My book sales just spiked. There are ten sales this weekend too. Hello the Internet, and welcome to season four nineteen, Episode five of Dead Eily's Eight Guys. It's a production by Harvard deal.
Speaker 1: O Chris Isaac.
Speaker 3: Now, how unnecessarily horny that performances. It's the Chris Chill Out. This is a podcast. Were taken deep dive into American shared consciousness via the day's news and old Chris Isaac songs. We also have a new weekly history version of the show dropping each Monday morning, where we do a deep dove into the history of a different icon. We've done this Piggy with Jamie Loftus, Arnold Truschenegger with John Gabrius, and this past Monday we covered the most Famous person on the Planet with Blake Westler mister Santa Claus. You can look for those episodes on Monday with Icon in the title. It's Friday, December nineteenth, twenty twenty five. It is our last regular episode of the year. Yep, yeah, that's the only international day. I need international. Last episode recording of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Oh there, it is Welcome to the National Day. And guess what. Miles is sick again around out the year, the annual tradition on the Daily Zeitgeist. My body shuts down right at the end. They're barely getting over the line. Yeah, I mean, the only thing is that's National Ugly Christmas Swurter Day. That's it.
Speaker 3: There, you go, Yeah, cool, we are your ugly sweaters or we're a beautiful sweater like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, yeah beautiful.
Speaker 3: My name is Jack O'Brien aka the opposite of Hugh Jackman Jack Human. Oh that one courtesy of Blinky heck is. They're a bit of a thinker, you know, fucking deep. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Grass Miles ray K. I like the way you brought that right shall murr?
Speaker 1: Okay, that was right there, but yeah, y'all already know that was SNARFULA thank you, Eddie Chingey right. I love the way you brought that baby murrh. Yeah, bring it right.
Speaker 3: There, so good. And I do love the way that that wise man brought that baby murrh.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait, is murr one of the incenses.
Speaker 1: Frankinsense, golden murr?
Speaker 3: Right murrr, Yeah, brought that baby murr. Miles. We're thrilled to be joined in our third seat by one of your favorite guests, the median actress, musician writer Off, the author behind poems I wrote while taking a ship and the book Cry for Me Argentina, My Life is a Failed child Star. Please welcome back to the show, The Hilarious Untalented Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah here, tamn tam Hi, guys.
Speaker 2: I've had three coffees and I'm ready to talk.
Speaker 1: Good, good, good. Hopefully your bowels are not okay. Also for the cups of coffee.
Speaker 2: I'm actually constant right now, believe it or not. That's why the three cough.
Speaker 1: Oh you're going, yeah, for going for the coffee.
Speaker 2: Like okay, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Also like three cigarettes that wants to.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I quit you guys, congratulations. Thinks it's good. I actually smoke when I drink every now and then, but compared to being a full time smoker, it's you know what I mean, like I'll have one every now and then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And you're still vaping and no.
Speaker 2: Vaping, right, I never I've never vaped before. It's not for me.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so principal. And I love that. I love that for you, not for me.
Speaker 2: But I do. When I did smoke, I smoked Parliament lights. You guys look like you've never smoked before.
Speaker 1: I smoked.
Speaker 3: I've smoked.
Speaker 1: I mean I still smoke light filter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, up with them. They go down so easily. It's just like it's wonderful.
Speaker 1: That's what everyone in LA does. Snorts cocaine out, yes, I never have, but.
Speaker 2: Anil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like, well in the little cup, you put the blow and then you just blow up right there in the middle of the club, and then you think you're smelling a cigarette.
Speaker 2: Guys, cocaine was crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember that.
Speaker 1: Remember what a time.
Speaker 2: On the show does it?
Speaker 1: It's just Ambia. I think in La I grew up around so many drug users. Like also just in the industry, there's so much. There's still a lot.
Speaker 2: Of people well, which kind of blows my mind. But I would say the other day, I was having like a really nice dinner party and we invited this new friend that's from out of town, and she came with a bag of blow and we were all we looked at her. It was like six pm. We looked at her like she was a crazy person.
Speaker 3: Like six pm dinner party. Blow sumptuous. All right, Tam, We're thrilled to have you here. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better. In a moment. First, we were telling the listeners a couple of stories. We're talking about today we're going Trump free Thursday's Trump Free Fridays. I guess, yeah, last episode of the year. Although he is the reason that cocaine keeps coming up on the show, I think, yeah, probably just showing up profusely sweating and ranting republic. But we're not going to talk about that. We are going to talk about the first official interview from the cold Play kiss Cam Lady hr Head. We finally got her version of events. Okay, Barrie Weiss, you fucked up. This is who you should have This is who you should have interviewed and reveal, not Erica Kirk, who has been giving that same interview on on.
Speaker 1: Rote since the na.
Speaker 3: So we're going to talk about that interview. We're going to talk about phone bands because they might actually work. The New York schools band phones at the beginning of the year, and we have a report from the ground and the children are bored and doing dumb bullshit just like children are supposed to do. And then we're gonna ask what's the worst Christmas movie of all time? Because there's no run Tomatoes list that has some theories all of that plenty more, But firsthand, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 2: I actually watched porn last night, so I cleared my search history after like an intelligent person.
Speaker 1: Oh you do that? Wait, hold on. So your your method is to erase any documentary.
Speaker 3: Search history you never know? You want to start with a clean slate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like it takes the shame away. No, I'm just kidding. I'm not ashamed of it, but it's like I don't want it popping up and like some on my phone to look or auto fail you.
Speaker 1: Jacking off mobiley?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that weird?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I just that was a line from a little Dicky song or like porn on the phone. He's like, no, I don't jack off mobiley.
Speaker 2: I jack off mobiley. And it's hard because I have to like get it to and up against a pillow and it always falls over when I'm about to come, so I have to move on to imagine, to.
Speaker 3: The back of your iPhone.
Speaker 2: So I have a clean, clean Google.
Speaker 3: You have no idea?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, what did you know what you search?
Speaker 2: You were going to ask.
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 2: It was gay porn like female grinding vaginas. I don't know. Sometimes I'm into that just because like I'm gay. I'm just kidding. I'm not gay, but I'm gay for that kind of porn.
Speaker 1: Sure where you fit it?
Speaker 3: All right? So scissoring scissoring is the perfect time, and you could have turned that into you know, been like wrapping gifts. But no, I like, oh, I'm bright.
Speaker 2: I'm so blushing right now.
Speaker 3: God, even you're not.
Speaker 2: I am looking and I'm wearing all red and.
Speaker 3: Messing up the white balance. Yeah, the red based.
Speaker 1: On perspective, I think you're.
Speaker 3: Not what what is something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Okay? Oh god, I like to floss my teeth and then smell the tooth fluss.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, you're nasty.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'm not saying yours in particular. I've done this too.
Speaker 2: You have right, and like you want to know what that ship is?
Speaker 3: How long has been in there?
Speaker 2: I'm coming in with a bang of disgust today. But isn't it wonderful?
Speaker 1: God? It's called knowing. It's called knowing your own brand.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's like when you smell your own farts real deep.
Speaker 3: You let me?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean I went to the zoo the other d and there was two monkeys like picking at each other and then smelling whatever was coming out, and it's like, that's the what I like to do. I just wish we all admitted that we like it. That's why I think it's underrated exactly.
Speaker 1: Everyone has to know. You got to know your own brand. You gotta know what it's like. Yes, and I think with lossing two uh like yeah, because like stuff that's been recessed in your gums, like that ship starts fucking thinking pure rot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it smells like old old person mouth or rotten vegetables. Yeah, I'll smell on my own.
Speaker 1: Old person mouth is like when you really go, you're like, oh shit, that's that's old person mouth.
Speaker 3: That's where the old person mouth is. Just old old person mouth comes from a lack of philosophy.
Speaker 2: I guess to me, it smells like the zoo.
Speaker 3: Damn different And that's interesting.
Speaker 1: You know what, we should have a party, get together and compare.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see who can like identify their own Oh you know, I.
Speaker 2: Could definitely identify my own. Please, you're like using your tongue to see what's stuck right now?
Speaker 1: I can ye, I'm like what I got to hear.
Speaker 2: Sometimes my dad, my dad will barbecue and then afterwards I'll bring out like a little cut full of tooth floss and we all floss and it's like, oh, you can almost create a pole steak out of what comes out right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that is interesting, Like I did not I assumed everybody was working with the same shit in there. It's interesting that your smells like the zoo.
Speaker 2: Well, and when you say barbecue, this was an sal yeah, which is like eighteen pounds of meat. But we recuperate half a pound, quarter of a pound.
Speaker 3: This is what we're gonna have to do in the future, folks. You know, once the environment totally dies, you're not gonna let that shit go to waste.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but Boxberzer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like when my when I was young, and I would tell my mom that I was thirsty, and she'd be like, just swallow your saliva.
Speaker 3: Y o.
Speaker 2: Shipories otherwise guarantee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sometimes before we record the show, if there's a chance that there's gonna be video clips, I will like wash my mouth out so that there's no like food on my teeth. And the ship that comes out is like a fucking diorama. Not I'm thinking of the wrong thing. Well, it's like a point to list painting in my sink. You know. Mosaic was the word I was looking for, not diarrhama. That would be dope. If I could just spit out a diorama shoe box shoebox with like a particular mockingbird scene inside of it. Yeah, that's what I meant.
Speaker 2: Christmas Village, Like.
Speaker 3: What the fuck? What we don't all have the same stuff?
Speaker 1: That was all right, let me smell it really quick though, Yeah, yeah, yeah that's me.
Speaker 3: What is something cam that you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: The book Withering Heights? Had either of you read it?
Speaker 3: Probably I read that shit for school.
Speaker 2: It's so stupid. I just read it because I wanted to get ready for the Horny Jacob Lordie movie that's coming out soon. And I was like, what the fuck is this? It's just like a book about people that just die. They all die.
Speaker 3: Everybody keep dying.
Speaker 2: They all keep dying. They're all schmucks. They're insufferable, and uh, I like couldn't even finish it.
Speaker 3: No, Remember, it's just being like not much happens, right, Like it's just like people. It is helpful into putting you into the mindset of a time when it was like, damn, these people are coming over. That's gonna be our month. Yes, like that's you know, like somebody dropping by is like the you're excited for the whole month.
Speaker 2: That's what it is. Except like the journey to walk to the next house, which is like one mile away, always kills the person. Either they make it and then they die after one day of the visit, or they just don't make it.
Speaker 3: It's like a slasher movie where the slasher is like cholera or like scarlet fever.
Speaker 1: Kind of cool.
Speaker 2: Actually yeah, mister cholera.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, this does seem to be the next big horny that's coming our way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it will be horny. I'm sure they'll change things because also, sorry, you know, I went from smelling floss and like talking about cocaine to this like boring ass gothic novel. But yeah, yes, exactly. But they don't even have sex. No one has sex in the book.
Speaker 3: Oh, they don't like longingly like kiss each other. They like die before they can fuck, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I'm like wait, so then so they it looked like people were fucking on the trailer, that's what they were just kissing. Deep.
Speaker 2: I think that they're gonna do, you know, take some creative liberties, because if not, then like what are what like kiss on the cheek, right or like.
Speaker 1: The Emily Bronte stands is like Bronte Twitter gonna come out and be like.
Speaker 3: What the fuck was that?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Why they fucking it?
Speaker 2: Oh for sure, and they'll all probably hate me right now after this.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like the studios know what they're doing.
Speaker 3: Horny. The horniness is all in like the words like I'm just reading from the opening of the plot in eighteen oh one, mister Lockwood and the new tenant at Thrushcross Grange.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Oh that's.
Speaker 3: Crush with your grange, crust.
Speaker 2: On your long pointy grange.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't wait to Lockwood with that guy.
Speaker 3: That's just where dicks shake each other's hands, like Carl Schwartzenegger and Carl Weather. Yeah, what's Upwood's all right, yeah, all right, I'm off to the Yorkshire moors. Yeah, so we'll see. Yeah, but you didn't make it all. It does feel like it's one of those things that's like, oh, they were inventing novels, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was some like depressed girl that never left the house and that's kind of cool, you know, right. Also, have me back after the movie comes out and let's rediscuss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll probably go see it.
Speaker 3: So this is Emily Bronte's only novel, and then she died. She was onto something with the thought, right, That's the thing.
Speaker 2: Is like everybody probably did die at the time, so it's a very it's a realism.
Speaker 1: Really, did you she like die of like like a like a toothache or something like some like nineteenth century shit?
Speaker 2: Oh, I hope.
Speaker 3: Let's see Emily Bronte's death, her juvenilea, her adulthood, her personality disorder. Damn they really Oh okay, she was tubercular. Oh wow, classic. Oh that's ship. Yeah. She called once a napkin, little spot of blood and then cut to gravestone.
Speaker 2: How beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, that is the prettiest way.
Speaker 1: To the sheekst Yeah yeah yeah, just a subtle cough into your white nap gear.
Speaker 2: You're pale, long black hair.
Speaker 3: I'll be a huckleberry. Isn't that what Doc Holliday dies from the tombstone?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's cool. It's a good way to go. That's the whole of diseases.
Speaker 1: Don't worry because tuberculars so everyone can have their time.
Speaker 3: That's right. All right, let's take a quick break and then we're going to check in with our good friend what's her name, Christian Cabot Kristin Cabot from made famous from one of our favorite news stories from this year, the cold Play video We'll be right back and We're back.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 3: And I thought I thought it was an underrated detail of the original Coldplay kiss Camp video that it was the head of HR, you know, because everybody's else some people who are the heads of Yeah, nobody likes the CEO and everybody's like a CEO, fuck that. But also with.
Speaker 2: The head of HR, or she was the head of HR.
Speaker 3: I never knew the head of chief or.
Speaker 1: Chief people person or something person, office, person, officer.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the devil, I mean, we all know HR. They're the worst person. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So she's finally before everyone's just like gleaning what they can from, you know, court documents or houses being sold and like that sounds like they're filing for a divorce. But she's like, I'm gonna let me give y'all some detail about what we set.
Speaker 3: The record straight about how it looked from my point of view.
Speaker 1: So one thing to start was that she like hit it off with Andy Byron, the CEO. Pretty much like the second she started working there.
Speaker 3: This is the new Withering Heights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where knows to nose deep breathing. So then so apparently as they were working together, she comes to find out that he as well, was going through a breakup with their spouse. So that's when they're I think that's when like the horny ears perked up and they said, oh, okay, so we might we might have to let me find out.
Speaker 2: Okay. So there was an instant spark and then it worked for you know, they were both kind of available, but not really exactly.
Speaker 1: This is from so she spoke with The Independent and The Times of London, spoke to a couple outlets.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 1: By the time of the concert, Cabit told The Times of London that she had developed quote big happy crush. But she told the New York Times, oh so, she told She did an interview with the Times of Lennon and the New York Times because you got to get both sides of the Atlantic. She told The New York Times that she kept her feelings in check because he was her boss. At the concert, she said she had a few high noons. The vodka Seltzer is well known collegers, and the two started to act more like a couple. It was, she said, the only time they kissed. Now, oh shit, like they didn't even act.
Speaker 3: More like a couple. Is also such a fucking hr ass euphemism. Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How many times are you smashing in a motel?
Speaker 2: That body language like he was pressing his hard dick against her butt?
Speaker 1: Oh sure, sure, sure, yeah was loving it. That's probably why he ducked, because he didn't want to be upright and let everybody know he was packing?
Speaker 3: Was she she ran away over and then he ducked. He's probably not stand up what I do when I get a butter? Just doing a cannon assume handon ground? Are you okay? Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm good. Are you know I'm good? What's up? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What do you need? What do you need? We were just talking, dude, and yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm still talking. I can still talk in here. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: We can keep talking. Now you're being weird because you don't want to talk about whatever we're talking about. Then there's like they go into the next thing. Then so quote immediately after being after the big screen cat cabin and Byron embracing and quickly untangling, ducking and turning away. Cabit said she she first thought of accidentally humiliating her still husband, who was also at the concert. The concert, Yo, that is that's that's the one on the hold on Christ.
Speaker 3: So you guys were separated but still going to the same concert separately, which I guess can happen. But it doesn't feel quite separated, Like it doesn't feel like they're calling each other my ex quite yet.
Speaker 2: You know, it is so good.
Speaker 3: I believe he was at that concert. Can you imagine being that dude?
Speaker 2: He watched it live? Oh that's so good. I assume he wasn't sitting with the group.
Speaker 1: No, that'd be so funny, just getting cuffed on the side and he's like, I love you, Chris Martin. Should it happen?
Speaker 3: Should I hop in there? Now that he crumbled away? The fun out of here?
Speaker 1: And you get enough?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Can I hop in? You got enough?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, bro, I'm loving it. I'm loving it. I'm also right back down, right back down, yell do your thing, y'll do you think that's just so? I mean?
Speaker 5: I love how ship My fucking fucking that's right, My fucking husband's also here.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Quote immediately after the big screen cot cabin and Byron embracing. Oh that goes on quote then it beat later my mind turns to, oh god, Andy's my effing boss. This is a bad box.
Speaker 3: This is so h hr. That's hr people, this is he's myfing boss. This is a bad look.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this person's an absolute idiot.
Speaker 3: I know. First of all, so they knew they were at a concert, where like, did they not? Because that they weren't the first couple that was shown like they were. Their body language was such they were people who were trying to get on the kiss cam.
Speaker 1: Totally or it was just sort of like if you're with your partner at a show, like you might be like, hey let me, I'm finna grab you by the ways and just kind of watch. And it felt like they were just taking it in. I don't know if they were trying to get on the game.
Speaker 2: When you go to like a Dodger game or something and you know that like the camera's kind of near, you see that shit coming, Yeah, the camera's not like tiny.
Speaker 3: This is a This is a type of This is a genre of viral video of people getting caught on the kiss cam with people they're not supposed to be with and like shrinking away like that. This is not This is probably her fault for being in HR and being like no, no scrolling YouTube, me let the office.
Speaker 1: So this is like a summation of like one of the articles, The Times of London article really had some just real good quotes. So this is her talking about it. Okay, sorry, Oh I was guessing a little to your fucking throat. I'm sorry. Just like guys, I really believed in true love and it was really shipping like some other shit going on in my life. Yeah, she's like quote, we were sitting in the back of the stadium at the opposite end of the stage and the pitch black, just feeling totally anonymous in an arena of fifty to sixty thousand people. We were just dancing. I had a few high noons. Andy was standing behind me and we were dancing and I grabbed him. I didn't hear the announcement that the JumboTron was coming, so suddenly I'm just seeing us on screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, we all saw that. Yeah, we all saw that. That was the best part of the video was watching you realize that it was in fact you on screen.
Speaker 2: It didn't happen to be standing behind you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it was like back there somewhere heart dick pressed against my butt and I don't know.
Speaker 1: We call it a hot dog in the bun when he puts it, and we were just hot dogging it. And then she said quote. My immediate reaction was, holy shit, Andrew's here her husband's call. She's she's got a thing for Andy's. Yeah, I'm sun. We were in the middle of an incredibly and amazingly amicable separation. That is true from I read a quote from the husband who was like, no, we were pretty like chill chillly separated. I was worried I would embarrass him. He's an amazing guy and does not deserve that h a.
Speaker 3: Word like or she was like, this is fucking humiliating, and like the right thing to do in that situation to be like, Okay, we can say that like we were separated, because it doesn't make either of us look good. If I'm like, I didn't know she she was fucking her boss. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's in there both interest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's in everybody's best interest. So I'm just saying the fact the fact that he's at the concert is. I mean, it's not impossible that they were like you know, separated and like on good terms and everything was cool and he knew that she was like fucking around with her boss. But like, I feel like it's a little I don't know what he's there.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's there, sloppy. That's sloppy as that's sloppy it is.
Speaker 2: I have to say. I went to see Argentina play a couple of months ago, and I knew my arch enemy would be there, but I was like, it's a huge stadium of like rig Paul. Uh, yeah, he's my arch enemy.
Speaker 1: Who's your art? But you have an Argentine arch enemy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They're a family that lives in the US that took us in at the beginning. I don't want to like take this off course, but there the whole family hates my family, and they have a daughter who hates me, and we're all the same age. We're blocked on every social media that they're holy shit.
Speaker 1: Okay, so y'all at the game.
Speaker 3: At the game social media, you get on there and just block them. That's only block.
Speaker 2: Them on LinkedIn that's how bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so cool that you're part of like a hatfields of a coy thing.
Speaker 2: I love, it's really cool. But I went to the game and I'm like, shit, they're probably going to be here, but it's like a twenty thousand person stadium. They were sitting right next to us.
Speaker 1: No fucking way, right next.
Speaker 2: To us, right next to us?
Speaker 1: How did that?
Speaker 3: How how was that?
Speaker 1: Did you acknowledge each other?
Speaker 2: It was so uncomfortable. I've never had worst anxiety in my entire life, and I was sober, so I couldn't like go get a drink to calm myself down. Yeah, it was the worst. But what I'm saying about this, I'm not trying to hijack, is that like you think a stadium is going to be so big, big enough, but this shit happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yes, my mind is always worst case, So like that's why I'm thinking, you know, Like I'm always like I'm like, oh, I'm about to run into this person is also here.
Speaker 2: She was high. She was high on being hr better right, Yeah, holier than thou.
Speaker 3: But I can manage everything. Yeah, we'll make this look fine.
Speaker 1: Go on to say that, so right after quote cabin and Byron rushed out of Gillette Stadium. As they started to process what had happened. Thinking about what they should do next, they agreed they needed to send a joint emailed Astronomer's Board of directors in case the news got up. They got a taxi back to where they had parked their cars. It was still pretty silent, Cabot set of the journey. All I could think of. All I could think about was Andrew's going to kill me? And what do we do about our jobs? Byron and Cabot drove back to hers, more than an hour away in Ryan, New Hampshire. During the drive, she received a text from an old old friend who had been at the gig but did not know she and Andrew were separated.
Speaker 3: It red, dude, Wow, what a great sex.
Speaker 1: With three US and three three US and three e's dude?
Speaker 3: How many ones? Just one?
Speaker 1: No, not even just a question mark, just a question you U U D D D question mark.
Speaker 2: I love that. During that ride, you know, there was a moment when they said, well maybe no one saw.
Speaker 3: It, right, Yeah, well okay, so how many people were at the concert? Like maybe sixty thousand? Fine, we can we can control this, We're gonna get a letter out to the board. We're just gonna say it was super innocent. We were actually playing a game. It was like we were doing role playing. It was actually a team building exercise. And then but I do like at that point she said that panic attacks were starting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at that point basically. So then this is where they talk about. They said her husband texted her at four in the morning and just sent a screenshot of the video with the message quote, I think you should know this is out there. I think like that to me, does speak like it's like just so you know, ro you about to get fucking steering on your internet.
Speaker 3: Andrews won me over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Andrews, and I think Andrew's being chill. So then Cabot wanted to tell her children, her daughter and sixteen year old son before they heard it from anyone else. Quote my daughter sin tears saying.
Speaker 5: I guess that means you really are getting divorced men, While her son tried to reassure her that it would quote probably go away, it did not.
Speaker 1: The video took on a life of its own, turn to fodder for late and I talks Abu da da da da da, and then She talks about how everyone's LinkedIn accounts, their their social media accounts just got all these cold Play lyric references, people fucking with them. Fake Facebook accounts are set up in their names of their spouses, and there she is. Now.
Speaker 2: She didn't need to dig this up. No, like it was almost going away. Yeah she must have gotten paid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she got paid. There's been since the moment that she turned her face away from that camera, journalists from every outlet have been just hitting her up, being like, you've got to tell your story. You've got to take your story back. Yeah, you've got to tell your way, and she does do that. This was one of my favorite details that put her firmly in the HR person I can't really identify with.
Speaker 1: She got.
Speaker 3: She got mad at Gwyneth Paltrow. She said that in July, Paltrow, the founder and CEO of Goop, appeared in an astronomer ad that poked fun at the kiss cam video, and she told The Times of London that Paltrow, who popularized the phrase conscious uncoupling when she split from Coldplay front man Chris Martin, was acting like a hypocrite and she decided to throw out all her goop products. Oh my bitch, she.
Speaker 1: Threw her Yoni egg.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh. And then she also blames Chris Martin. She said he played a role in creating the scandal. It was disappointed that nobody from Coldplay had contacted her or released a statement. Yeah, and you're just the world doesn't completely revolve around you. It turns out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I once saw Chris Martin when he was in the middle of being married to Gwyneth Paltrow at a bar with a fan, miss actress, and they were like holding hands.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's what conscious uncoupling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were already means.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm consciously checked the fuck out of my marriage.
Speaker 3: And I know I'm not even in denial.
Speaker 1: No, I'm off this. Come come very aware of it, it said. Then she talks about just the ordeal after. It was just such a terrible thing. I don't know what to do. Apparently one of the like lines of logic for her was she wanted to get out there to show her kids, like, you can fuck up bad and still and still like own it in Gwyneth and blame everyone else for putting you on blast because you were out here doing whatever the fuck you were doing, and I think that's the thing. It's like, I think the other story is apparent because Andrew Byron too, if they were broken up, it's like it is what it is, but doing the thing of like and Chris Martin's ass. He should have apologized to me, like for what you were at his concert. Like it's like he was like, hey, why don't you come up here and kiss right now, even though y'all are married to other people?
Speaker 3: Right. It's great. I love the story. I love that she came out and told her a story, and we still get to hate the CEO guy. I can't I can't wait for him to come out with his story and be able to like put a positive or normal face on it whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So are they still a couple or what I think the CEO is with his wife still? Oh god, wow, they were? I just read the thing that he was they were caught or they were photographed like together with rings on.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: At least it should have worked out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know it didn't. Like they don't, she said that like they do. They haven't really talked much since that car ride back where the panic attacks started setting in they were like, that's been plenty. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It says yeah, they're like in September it said they were still going strong.
Speaker 3: Wife Strong.
Speaker 1: They were separated at the time, so I know, but I think they got back. I don't know, dude, this is that's where you're like, what's the story? Because then did he just throw Christen Cabin under the bus to his wife? He's like, dude, I'm so sorry, babe. Kristen was off the high noons.
Speaker 3: She jumped into my arms and like start grinding her butt against her she.
Speaker 1: May get a boner, dude. That's so fucked up, right, babe, And I'm like, no, I don't want to have a boner at the Cold Play show and she was like You're gonna have one and I was like no, And then Chris Martin like made us go on the screen. Baby so fucked up and like I'm gonna stop vaping and ship dude. I'll do whatever you want. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know what. I don't know what. Uh look, I'm all's well that ends well hopefully. Yeah, But Christian Cabin, I think one of the other ones. She's like, I've left my career entirely at this point, and I'm like gonna figure it out, and you're like, dude, no one's gonna fucking remember you like that, like where you're like, I can't hire the Coldplay kiss cam lady, right, that's like.
Speaker 2: The scent it's under her name in the resume.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're not gonna They're not gonna hire for like being able to like communicate well or like handle a scandal. You know, she's not gonna be on anyone's scandal team.
Speaker 2: One time, one time, I cried at work and the HR lady told me that it's frowned upon to cry at work. That HR people flag you if you cry at work.
Speaker 3: And just so you know, I'm not telling you this because I'm flagging. I'm just I'm trying to help you that we think you look the most crazy, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, the most undercover. Yeah, like they really just hold the line for the company. Oh yeah, yeah, it's so fun. It's always done. You're like, no, man, like we share take it like you like her.
Speaker 3: She's kisses.
Speaker 1: Take one out of the jar on my desk.
Speaker 2: They had just laid off like thirty people. It's like, yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: Crying, Oh when I was working at Playboy while Playboy was just disintegrating. Upon re entry the HR shout out to this HR lady, because she's straight up was like, yeah, I get the fuck out of here. I love that Buckley. She's like it's ugly, and I was like, oh for real, And she like hooked me up with like an insurance coordinator all these other people like thank you, thank you, thank you. She's like, get the fuck out.
Speaker 2: Wow, get out, Okay, shout out to the good one.
Speaker 1: One in a thousand ye that I've encountered.
Speaker 3: There's one that I worked with that I was like, why is she so happy today? And then it like came out that there was a whole round of firings. Oh she was doing them. Oh shit, she's like on one today. What's going on? She's like so chatty and ship yeah, And it was just like she was in her fucking in her Yeah.
Speaker 1: She's usually just in her office ripping the wings off of flies all day for real. Huh, that's crazy. He thinks he can still fly. Watch this, watch this? Oh where are you going?
Speaker 3: Oh shit, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll come right back. We'll talk about phone bands and the worst Christmas movie of all Time. We'll be right back, enter back, And the New York schools banned phones at the beginning of the year. With their thing was like, kids are on their phones in the classroom. We've got to stop this ship. So they banned them. They gave the kids a little pouches to put your phones in.
Speaker 1: That at the Comedy Mothership.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly at the Comedy Mothership. So now the teachers can finally legal again for those.
Speaker 1: Teachers and special ed teachers are like, finally, I'm about to let you all know what you're like.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, no, I you know part of me. I think a lot of people were like this. Teenagers are smart, they'll find ways to get around this ship. Like this ship isn't gonna work. But overall like the effects. So the New York meg went back and like checked in on the schools and it's I knew, it's kind of crazy to hear like at one high school. So so this is one example of like what I saw would happened at one high school. An entrepreneurial senior bought a pouch on locking magnet on Amazon and tried to charge classmates a dollar per jail break.
Speaker 1: That was me. That was me as fuck.
Speaker 3: But generally they say there's quote a pleasant buzz in the lunch room, chatter in the hallways, and an alphabet of new analog hobbies popping up just about everywhere. They have card games, board games, sports equipment. What One teacher hands out volleyballs every lunch period and he says, he hands up, listen to it gets weirder. It gets weirder, he he said. The kids are playing this, he said, it's no net, open open space, forming their own circles of ten or twelve kids hitting it up to each other, an equal number of girls and.
Speaker 1: Boys, mostly boring ass. Hey, so we could just bump like.
Speaker 3: The sticks and ship. They're going back to the kid hitting a hoop down the street, but with a stick. I also love that they've been so on their phones.
Speaker 1: They're like, we ball, you know exactly.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, Like, the kids could figure this ship out if they wanted to. I don't think they want to figure it out. I don't think like we're.
Speaker 1: Hardline to just be playing with each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, aid, I mean a ninth grader at Hunter College High School. AIDEN mean, sorry, I was like, what Oh wow. Yeah, is that is that weird? That hiding out as a ninth grader at Hunter College In Hunter College High School is in a friend group the congregates in the school for foyer to stack okay, play tiles, and compete at Sorry and other tabletop games during lunch. Quote. I'd say it's made us closer. Honestly, half the people I'm playing board games with I didn't know at all before this. Damn.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize how cooked these kids were.
Speaker 2: Weren't playing board games at lunch.
Speaker 1: I know, but we don't have phones, so we were just like talking to ship and like making fun of each other like you did.
Speaker 3: But like they they'll discover that in the spring, they'll discover talking shit and making fun. But like, it really feels like they've like gone back. It really reminds me of like the end of Wali, when like their devices go down and they just like look around and they're like, huh, like they wake up from like a forty year nap, right right, right. There's a lot of gambling. It seems like kids are like gambling with hair ties. It sounds a lot like prison. They're they're like, yeah, they're playing poker. Gambling for hair ties, and then there are side wagers going on on the games, prop bets, prop bets on the gambling, the poker game.
Speaker 1: Y know, the teacher's gonna fall, You're gonna fog out twenty on.
Speaker 3: I got Yeah, Yeah, that is that is so.
Speaker 1: Wild because I do think about like how at my school, like people like people had yo yos and ship right, you know.
Speaker 3: How we went through a yoyo face and like my friend and year of high school.
Speaker 1: We were backing. Yeah, you know, uh god, I mean like it's it's heartening to hear that it's it was pretty seamless, like where sudden it's like no phones are like board game talk to friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm shocked, I was at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the fact that they're like describing it as like an alien thing, that there's a buzz in the cafeteria when all the kids are there makes me like realize that it was like dead silent before and like that was actually something in our old uh our show Miles and Jackot Matt Boostie is our old NBA show, somebody was reporting that like now when you go into NBA locker rooms at halftime, it's dead silent because everyone's on their phones. Yeah, No, one's like talking to each other. Everyone's just immediately goes to their phone to see what people are saying about the first half. So like, yeah, I guess it was like weird silent spring shit in there, like before this in a way that I hadn't fully understood. And now they're like, it's crazy. The kids are like talking again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just let me Yeah, And it makes you realize, like, yeah, through evolution, like this is our normal mode of existence is to collaborate, to communicate, to hang out, and then like the glowing screen in our hands had everyone just like looking down. But I feel like I'm fortunate to be like a forty one year old who still has a lot of those skills intact from like you know, yeah, but the pre phone era or even like early phone because phones weren't even smart enough for me to be like on that shit all the time.
Speaker 2: No, same, I'm the same age. I had a pager, Yeah, right, exactly. The pager was an absolute waste. Just what was the point of that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything, but you got to put in like a cool mint green case, you know, and make it customize it. But I think I mean, like for me, like the most like exhilarating shit was like passing notes and shit writing a note and then someone being like, yo, did you see this note that Kristen romeking And you're like, you got it, and then you'd like reading it.
Speaker 5: People.
Speaker 1: I remember people with xerox fucking notes in the library custody and like mash distribute like a messy note and they're like, yo, bro, they're not going to be friends anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh I miss that. I like, that's so beautiful. They'll never know what that is. The little notes that were folded like Oregai.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I'm sure they're I mean they got to be passive notes. That's a tailors hold.
Speaker 3: They're evolving back to that. They'll discover notes like next school year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, t I eighty two calculator games, you know, playing Masia or whatever.
Speaker 3: But like I do, I've always admired in this generation their ability to come up with creative shit to do when board, Like we've talked about the people who made chocolate chip cookies with the like hand grabber toys, like you weren't allowed to touch any of the ingredients with your actual hands. You had to like crack the egg with a and like that. There's a I was talking the other day about like kids who just like stood there trying to throw a piece of fruit onto the pointy tip of a light pole like for four hours, and then they like got it. We're like ah, like running around like they just scored the World Cup and like I yeah, Like I feel like maybe by having like had to exist on these phones for so long, they've given themselves a new They can be like boredom artists, where they like create great creative things to do out of just complete boredom.
Speaker 1: A lot of those trick or a lot of those trick shot things are just kind of like TikTok live money grabs, because it'll be like a like a kid trying to throw a quarter in the slot of a piggy bank from like ten feet away, and like they're just sitting there with like coins around, like hey, what's up? I just keep going and they keep going and then people cut those down like when they do it, like but there's like thousands of people just tune in to be like I don't know, dude, this guy's going a ping pong lethal shooter. Yeah, have like fourteen pans.
Speaker 3: I understand it now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I watch my mom.
Speaker 2: Well see I'm not on TikTok, but my mom is a TikTok freak and I watched her make one yesterday and I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 3: What was it up?
Speaker 2: It was like she had an all girls slumber party this weekend and they made a human bicycle. I'm gonna link you guys so you can share it. It's like there was like ten women and they formed a human bicycle and they like rode around.
Speaker 3: But it was just women's the wheels. It's just women's bodies of the wheels.
Speaker 2: Four of them were the wheels.
Speaker 1: We don't have to put this in the thing. But what's her handles? So it's second was some in the video and we could watch really Oh it's well.
Speaker 2: She posted it on Instagram too. It's a row yahia or row Yeah. I think it's a.
Speaker 1: Foxy roxy Yeah, Foxy roxy ye Okay. Is it everyone wearing red bottles?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was everyone wearing red.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a oh my god, wait, wait.
Speaker 3: Oh my.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we won't be.
Speaker 2: Able to play this, but hold on, wait till you see this part.
Speaker 1: Where's the bicycle?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think that one just went on TikTok oh wow, wow, wow, Okay, that's my mom.
Speaker 1: Guys, but having a good time.
Speaker 3: See yeah, have a great time. Those cute how they turned a roll of paper towels into a trump.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite part of the video.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, beautiful, beautiful, amazing. Well, good luck to you young people rediscovering what it's like to actually be aware of your existence. Yeah, hopefully, hopefully this starts a trend. Finally, we just want to go out talking about Christmas movies. There's a trend going around. I guess I'm MPRS. Pop Culture Happy Hour debated the topic of the worst Christmas movie of all time. They mentioned Jingle All the Way Love Actually Scrooge, Scrooge and Marley.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh, that's about Scrooge and Bob Mark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: That sounds kind of tight.
Speaker 2: There's a a dog in it, no, or that's I love Mars Marley and Me. Marley and Me.
Speaker 3: Scrooge and Marley is a gay take on a Christmas Carol set in modern day Chicago, co starring Bruce deville Lanche as Fezi Wig, a character from What It Must be.
Speaker 1: Oh, because there's the where the Marlee's or whatever hunt Ebenezer Scrooge. I just know that from the mupp at Christmas characters like we're Marlee and Marley anyway classic. I think this is an interesting idea just to rank a Christmas because to me, Christmas movies don't need to be good and aren't supposed to be good, like it's its own odd form of filmmaking. Yeah, as long as that's me, they have to be cozy.
Speaker 2: As long as they're cozy, they're great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I mean, yeah, jingle all the way fucking sucks. I guess if you're like animal, like this story is dumb. None of this is believable, but like if you just want to hear him, go.
Speaker 3: I got the Dibleman doll and you know it's the old.
Speaker 1: Time great great and Sindbad gets to be a postal carrier with a bomb. Perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like the one I hate the most is this is controversial but like it's a wonderful life. To me, is like an absolute depression.
Speaker 3: Wow, we just I watched that for the first time for the first time for this show, and that's what an episode that's coming out in oh god, few days. Yeah, do you hate me? Now?
Speaker 2: It's just like the black and white of it all. It's like I need red.
Speaker 1: I saw the shitty colorized version I saw it was so I remember by one of my first notes as I was watching, I go, bro, this is so fucking dark. This dude like beaten this kid like in one of the first ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah is this Yeah, it's my husband's favorite, And I'm like, dude, take this off the screen, like I wanted to kill myself.
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: Because like the torture porn is so intense until that third act where they just like and it all worked out beautifully, right, doesn't that a great release?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 1: You thought your neck was gonna get broken there for a second.
Speaker 3: That cop tried to shoot you, man, Yeah, like multiple tons. Yeah. I think if it's not delivering coziness the aesthetics of Christmas, I think I think that's a problem.
Speaker 1: Polar expresses bad.
Speaker 3: Polar expresses bad. I think Polar express is a good one. This is My son was briefly but ravenously obsessed with trains and we watched it a lot during that period. And the eyes are icy, like it just sends a shiver through your soul.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like the character's eyes.
Speaker 3: Characters's eyes they roll over white when when they go to drink their hot coco, their eyes roll over white like a shark. No, it's just it's it's just off. It was just that they were trying to do something the technology wasn't capable of a real controversial one. Have you guys seen Christmas with the Cranks with Tim Allen? And so this is officially ranked on Rotten Tomatoes as the worst Christmas movie with over twenty reviews. So you're not counting your Cameron saying Christmas. I watched like the first twenty minutes of it. I couldn't really get through it. The but it is very popular, like it's beating elf right now in HBO Max in terms of like Christmas streaming movies, which is weird?
Speaker 2: It sucks and isn't it like doesn't it take place in the summertime or there's some summer involved in the place.
Speaker 3: They want to go to, the they want to go to the they want to go on a cruise.
Speaker 2: Oh well that's why I hate it already. It's like they don't want Also, Tim Allen sucks. I don't need to be seeing anything with him in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not even the Santa Claus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even the Santa Claus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's another one where I guess even now, like I don't need I don't really like the movies with Santa in it. No, it's weird. I want to see people. I think it's really just because it's I just want to see people in the cold during Christmas. It's really it's got that. I'm like, yeah, this is cool. Yeah, fine, you're doing it.
Speaker 2: I need like red balls everywhere and a little bit of snow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. Christmas with the Cranks being five percent is pretty wild.
Speaker 3: I can't Yeah, I can't believe it's that they were that out on that movie.
Speaker 1: Is just Tim Allen right at that point, Jamie Lee Curtis say't going to do shit with her career. It's like what they write in that one, like should be lucky if she ever gets nominated for an Academy Award after this shit and Tim Allen.
Speaker 3: I did recently watch The Santa Claus with Tim Allen, and like he is a third like the part where you first meet him and he's just supposed to be like a very divorced guy. He's thoroughly unlikable, Like he's just like, he's like, what do you want? You want me to cook for you? Yeah, your observational comedy is like it's hard to be a single divorce to dad. And it's just like, I don't know, man.
Speaker 2: I just realized my father in law is in that movie. Oh really, yeah he's he's yeah, he's sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't mean to spill it like that.
Speaker 2: No, he plays one of Tim Allen's co workers.
Speaker 3: Oh really.
Speaker 2: I mean it's not a claim to fame, but I just it just hit my It could be watched it.
Speaker 1: So your father in law is Judge or Judge Reinhold. He's a David Crumholtz.
Speaker 2: He's like coworker number two.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: I like, oh yeah, I actually loved his work in that. It's funny though too.
Speaker 1: When you look at like rotten tomatoes on the site, it's like the critics fucking hate it. Right. It's like a comedy so broad and barely Densit's targets and a patronizing world conclusion that goes against everything it's protagonist originally stood for. The exhausting like it's another one the exhausting parade of white people's Christmas problems for only banality, blandness, whatever. Then you get to audience ones. We watch this movie every year. It's a Christmas vision, pretty funny, always enjoy Tim Allen Christmas at the Kranks is a lowed, corny holiday comedy and it embraces so absurdity. Like so people that who aren't the critics are like, yeah, I don't know, sucks shit, but I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not mad about it.
Speaker 1: Like it's just because it's it's a texture. It's a Christmas it's a texture.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. A writer, Jam wanted to put in a word for the worst Christmas movie being Santa Claus the movie, which I didn't really it doesn't really exist in like the way Christmas with the Cranks is like for some people a holiday classic. This was like a fifty million dollar production in the mid eighties. My god, it was like, this is the definitive cinematic story of Chris Kringle, and apparently it's just complete dog shit. I want to watch that.
Speaker 2: That that's cool, like a Shindler's List about Santa's life.
Speaker 1: It's just it's this hero for starters. It's creepy. As fuck, opening with Santa's origin story, which involves him and missus Claus nearly freezing to death along with their reindeer before being rescued by eerie elves who want to fulfill an ancient prophecy.
Speaker 2: I'm watching this tonight, you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like a part where like a poor kid goes to a McDonald's and just like looks in at people eating McDonald's and they're like, God, McDonald's is so fucking goosh.
Speaker 5: The end just a hobo Hamburger scene. Or Santa Claus the movie, the movie Easy to Remember.
Speaker 2: Damn me meat texting you guys tonight being.
Speaker 4: Like, wait, what was it called that Santa Claus movie? You were talking about? Santa Claus the man's googling porn again? Fuck it on the back of the iPhone?
Speaker 1: Will do.
Speaker 3: All right, tam you. He has such a pleasure having you as always on the podcast. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 2: Find me on Instagram? I am Tamara Yahiyah and my mother's Instagram is Roe Yahiyah.
Speaker 3: Y a j I A both necessary follows. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: I'm reading Portnoy's complaint right now.
Speaker 3: Damn, that's so fucking.
Speaker 1: Dave from Bars the Philip Roth book. Oh I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: Oh it's so good. He like there's a whole chapter about when he starts jacking off. He has like a billion words for the word penis. It's wonderful.
Speaker 3: Oh nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some holiday smut, I could use some alternative.
Speaker 2: You're gonna love it.
Speaker 1: That isn't just cock. That's my one critique of this holiday smut book. We read, Yeah, you have a few other words, but I get it. I'm not the audience. A straight sis head like sis head dude is not the audience for these romance So I was like, can we call out it? I mean I get tired of.
Speaker 3: Come then you cooled out? Is cock? Cock?
Speaker 2: Oh jesus, Oh no, this one's great. There's like schlong, swan, schmuck. It's very Jewish. Okay, Anyways, I highly recommend this book.
Speaker 3: Amazing. That is a much class here recommendation that I think we've had all year. So what we're going out on a high note, miles where can people find you? Is there workimedia you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: Let's see I don't know. Well, First of all, you can find me everywhere at Miles of Gray. I just do want to say, since this is the last episode of the season, just I want to send all my love and gratitude to all the listeners, all the people who support the show. This has been an incredibly fucked up year for me, but at the same time, it's somehow been like one of the best, most life affirming years for me after the fire, Like everybody's support was overwhelming, and for doing a show where like you just talking to a microphone, it really gave me the sense of community that I didn't really realize. So for that, I'm very grateful and that made it very easy for me to be strong, you know, and get through this with my family. And so I just want to say shout out to all of y'all. I really appreciate you, and I look forward to your continued support in twenty twenty six. So that's just the main thing I want to say. But also find me at Miles of Gray. There's a new show called Ain't It Footy where we're talking about football Chris Martin not from Coldplay, and Jamel Johnson. So if you'd indulge me and take a listen to that, maybe leave review. I would greatly appreciate it, and uh yeah, just love to everybody.
Speaker 3: Go do it, go listen. That's my work media, you should go check out.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Ain't it footy? And also those two white children dancing in synchronized dancing? Do you know that? It's all over Twitter right now? At Sam Cook with Zero's instead of Oz said, I only come here to watch this now wait, what is this in the I'll leg it in the footnotes.
Speaker 1: And the way to have this thing? Sad? Sam Cook?
Speaker 3: It's just like mesmerizing two kids in like baggy jan.
Speaker 1: Okay, we don't have to okay, so a little bit m h okay doing some heel toe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is twins. I don't know, but they're really good. They're just like real Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think did the guy just put him like double himself in a locked off shot? This just feels I mean, okay, I guess this is fun for white people. Okay, like I don't know, these two dudes kind of half assed dancing but okay gets mes Yeah sorry sorry, yeah do you do?
Speaker 3: You all right? You can find us on Twitter and blue Sky at Daily Zey Guys read the Daily Zeye Guys on Instagram. You can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it, and they're at the bottom, you will find the footnotes, which is where we link off two average white children dancing. As well as the information that we talk about in today's episode, we also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, Yes, is there one last song you think the people might enjoy it?
Speaker 1: There is one last song that I think people would enjoy h This was actually a track that producer Editor Justin put it put me onto a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't get a chance to shout it out on the show unless someone did. Well did you ever do?
Speaker 3: Icy? Justin?
Speaker 1: Wow? Was out?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 3: Damn it easy?
Speaker 1: No, I like part of me as I was winding up, I was like, and I think he probably I did that. I couldn't. Don't worry myself because guess what, I got other songs that I do listen to.
Speaker 3: I've got so many songs that you listen.
Speaker 1: There's so many fucking songs. Where is it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there we go again?
Speaker 1: Oh No, I think I think I've done that in the early years because that's the song that brings tears to my eyes. This is the Vincent McCrae trio called Living through a Lens Again, just more some jazzy shit. Okay, just listen to it. It's this is this is the this is the time of year for me. This is like like nice jazz. It's kind of like my Christmas music. So check this out. Honestly, take anything jazz, any Red Garland, any Oscar Peterson, or this Vincent mccrazy. So, Miles, I'm interested to hear what you'll describe Iced Tea like, because I did a terrible job. I made it sound like it was shiit, so, oh god, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know your description. Like here's a fucking song, Here's a shitty song where a rapper sucks. I like it so much.
Speaker 1: Get this ship off my radio. Sway, No, I would say Iced Tea is like a uh it's first of all, it's the beat is fun. Is great because it's like cinematic. But then on top of it, you get Project Pats just Southern swag on it, and it just takes it to another level. That's what I would probably say.
Speaker 3: And also fucking socks.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's twenty one Savage really phones it in. You're like, bro, you really need to put the microphone down. But this one jazz living through a lens Vincent maccatriel.
Speaker 3: All right, we will link off to that in the footnotes. The Daily ZEI is the production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit Yeah Heart Radio, wrap Apple Podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's going to do it for us this morning. So we're back. That's going to do it for us this year. We're back this afternoon with an episode of Ain't It Footy in this feed, so check that out then, and then the holiday content starts on Monday morning. We got a lot of great episodes for you. We got Crofton rewatching watching Home Alone for the first person. We got Miles and I watching and It's a Wonderful Life. We got some Sandy University. We get a review of a holiday, a horny holiday work of literature. It's all happening next week. I think it's our best week of holiday content, so tune in for that. Yeah, and uh, have a great holiday everyone, and we'll see in the new years.
Speaker 1: The Daily Zey Guys Executive produced by Catherine Long, co produced by by Wang, co produced by Victor Wright, co written by J M McNabb, Edited and engineered by Justin Conner,