Speaker 1: Welcome to our two of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: Welcome back. I have number two Kentucky Sports Radio eight five, nine, two, eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Ask Anything Wednesday. It is also Wingsday, Dollar Wings All Day and Night Trivia here tonight. So a lot of stuff going on across the universe. Also KSR Bowling tonight.
Speaker 3: Yes, first night of the Summer League. KSR Bowling League starts tonight.
Speaker 2: I can go to the Collins Bowling Center and I will not be there tonight because I have to run out of town, but Ryan will and I'll try to be there next week and I hope to have a guest with me as well. Brandon Garrison will be on the show tomorrow, one of the very few times we've been able to have a player on the show while he's a player at UK, and he will be on the show tomorrow as well. So we're gonna be in studio tomorrow because we have to have Garrison and UK will not let them come in here, which is ridiculous, but thank you JMI, we will nevertheless be able to have him on.
Speaker 4: It's BG time on KSR. Yeah, love BG Tome. So that'll be tomorrow. Tay Kenny, he is the point guard from Newport. Mark Pope is doing an in home visit. Now, hey, Tay, shouldn't you be in school? But nevertheless they are in his house. And you said, this kid is great, he's a superstar. He's a he'll be in the twenty twenty sixth class. He's a junior to be a senior. He led Newport to the all A state title, got him to the sweet sixteen. That he's been here at this restaurant before they played, he twisted.
Speaker 2: You say, you think he's like he's really eat elite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he played this past year at one of these overtime elite overtime elite schools and was that who was over time.
Speaker 4: He's the third rank point guard in the whole class. He's top twenty player.
Speaker 2: He's legit.
Speaker 3: I mean, he the guy can play man. So yeah, that's a good get if Pope can get real him in.
Speaker 2: All right, So we're gonna do a little game here, Shannon, get your pen out, you're ready to go.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go.
Speaker 2: Here we go, We're gonna do I'm gonna do this today. For Uh, for Cal Perry, then we're gonna do it for Tubby. Then we're gonna do it for Patino, and then for our old timers. We're gonna do it for Haul and rup one. Okay, but we're gonna start with Cal. We are going to our Caliperry basketball team.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: You have to pick five players and two reserves. You have to play them as a team, right, so like you need to make sure you have it to You can't use like dearon Fox as the center, like you gotta have them as a team. And we'll do all four of these. We'll go in different orders of who goes first. I'm gonna go first on the Cal team, but then like for the for the Patino team, you'll go first. It's a snake draft, so like Shannon, you're gonna go last, but you'll get the fourth and the fifth pick.
Speaker 5: Okay, does that make sense?
Speaker 4: One question? Is it just how they played at Kentucky, Like.
Speaker 2: For books only how they play at Kentucky. Gotcha, it's not about how they played in the pros. So you're picking how they played at Kentucky. And then I'm gonna write the teams down and then we will you know, people can at home vote for who they think had the best team. Are you ready to go? I'm gonna go first. I'm going to tell I mean, if I'm going first, I have to take Anthony Davis. So I have Anthony Davis, Ryan. Who are you picking? You can go any position.
Speaker 3: I'll go John wall.
Speaker 2: John wall So Ryan's point guard is gonna be where John Waller now Drew. This is where it gets most people could pick those two. This where it gets a little spicy. Who you taking it numbers that tough because I was gonna go Wall I'm gonna go just how they did it? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh to Marcus DeMarcus, I like that pick.
Speaker 2: Actually not, As you know, we have a lot of depth at other positions, not as much depth as the big so a lot of guards. So sorry, Shannon, you get too?
Speaker 1: Who you got Karl Anthony Towns Towns?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Then I'll go Devin Booker.
Speaker 2: Oh so you're taking Booker though for his UK time where he was a bench player. You already take it. You already took it, Amissioner Reddit all right, Drew? Who you got? I will go?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: I'm torn between taking to.
Speaker 1: I have to think of we had no time to prepare for this either.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what's Tyler.
Speaker 2: That's part of what makes it exciting because you don't know where you got Tyler. UT's go for it.
Speaker 3: I gotta get a big guy. You guys are taking the good big guys. I'm gonna take I'll take Willy cully Stein.
Speaker 2: You're gonna take Willy colly Stein. So now we have we have all of our sinners. So you took Willy cauley Stein. Right, I get two picks here. You know, there's a lot of different ways you can go here, but I'm gonna take If we're talking about his performance at u K, I'm gonna take Jamal Murray as my as my two guard, and I'm gonna go with a three guard lineup, and I'm taking Malik Monk Damon as well as so I've got Murray and Monks.
Speaker 3: See, that's why I was gonna get one of those two guys. You took them both. I guess that's why I'm a good draft. Yeah, I need to get a shooter too. I'll take I gotta take Doron Lamb before.
Speaker 4: You can get out of here with that.
Speaker 2: You're taking Doron Lamb with a third round pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you took the other shooters around.
Speaker 2: Lamb who you got Julius Randall? I like jul I like that, getting my front cord out of the way. Say something. You got two dudes who will fight you with and you all right, but you really are a fighting if you get to who you got.
Speaker 1: Let's see give me give me bam bam out of.
Speaker 2: Bio bam okay and.
Speaker 1: Shay Giljos Alexander.
Speaker 2: S g A. I like your your team looks good, all right, Drew, who you got? You still need a basically a two and a three.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go Emmanuel quickly.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a sneaky and.
Speaker 4: I'm loving my team right now. I'm loving if.
Speaker 2: If he had fallen to me, I was taken quickly off to put him off the bench. But go ahead, who you got.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go Eric Bledsoe, Eric Bledsoe. Yeah, that's the first pick of yours that I'm not on board with.
Speaker 2: All right, I need a point guard. You guys have taken a bunch, but I like my point guard. If I've already got Monk, then I gotta get Fox. Oh right, have Fox and Monk in there, and then I think at power forward in the col era. You know, I kind of think I'm gonna have the real T Jones to teak a teacher in Kentucky's Yes, so T Jones is on my team. Ran you need a power forward or two bench players? And again you took my pick. I guess I'll take Patrick Patterson. Okay, I like it. You got Patrick Patterson, Drew you need a three man. I love it.
Speaker 4: I can't believe you fell to me. Michael Kidd, Gilchrist and I love my team, absolutely love my team.
Speaker 2: You do have an interesting team. It's it's not all right. So Shannon, you need a two guard and bench player. So you get two? Who you got?
Speaker 6: They go?
Speaker 1: Has anybody picked up Tea yet?
Speaker 2: Tig so Tea's coming off the bench. Then you need a shooting guard.
Speaker 1: I don't know who's left?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Anybody take blood?
Speaker 6: So? Yes?
Speaker 1: Can I play list?
Speaker 2: Right? Yes? Did you not write these down? Okay? Can I give you? I could give you a hint. Don't be giving away my pick, but I'm not gonna give you him. Who's been a good shooter? That cow had? You need a shooter?
Speaker 1: Can I take Tyler Hero? You could take Tyler Hero.
Speaker 2: Okay, see he takes Hero and t Drew.
Speaker 4: Who you got? I need a guard. I got a lot of defense, a lot of fight. I love Brandon Knight as a combo guard that can come in.
Speaker 2: Gitting Brandon Knight off your bitch is a pretty huge play. I'm gonna destroy your what about you? Who you got?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take Antonio Reeves.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's who I was gonna take. I was ready to take Reeves. All right, I get two from my bench. This is easy.
Speaker 5: I'm going Reed Shepherd and Oscar Sheet.
Speaker 2: Oscar was my next one. Read an Oscar. My team is absolutely loaded. Just so you can hear Fox, Murray, Monk, T Jones, Anthony Davis, Reed Shepherd in Oscar sheb Way, get out of my way. You get one more bench player. It can be any position.
Speaker 3: I'm guard heavy already, but I'm leaning toward taking another guard. We're doing what they did at Kentucky. I'm gonna go, uh damn it. There's one really good player.
Speaker 2: I think that has actually two really good players that I haven't been picked.
Speaker 3: I'll take I'll take Aaron Harrison.
Speaker 2: Aaron Harrison. Okay, So your final team is wal lamb Bledsoe Patterson, Willie Reeves, Aaron, your team stinks all right?
Speaker 4: Conflicted here, I'm down to two, but I think I need leadership. I need a captain, and I'm going Patrick Patterson.
Speaker 2: He's already been picked.
Speaker 4: Damn uh tyres Maxie.
Speaker 2: I like Maxie. That's a good picking, and you get the final one. Uh, Shepard already picked, Reed Sheppard.
Speaker 5: I don't think Shannon's paying attention to this at all.
Speaker 7: Written anything down, and I'm taking phone calls amongst all this going on to get one.
Speaker 1: God, I don't even know Oscar's been picked. I don't need anybody else.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna r somebody else. Can I just give you one? Since you're not really paying attention? PJ? Washington?
Speaker 1: How about that he's still got an injured hand.
Speaker 6: Him?
Speaker 1: Sure, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Give me PJ. Washington. Last thing, Cal's coaching all these teams, which means we're gonna have some problems. So we also have to pick an assistant coach. Uh, I'm gonna need X and O's I'm taking rope. Who you got?
Speaker 3: Oh my, oh my, I guess I'll think Orlando, Orlando?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Who you got? Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, he took my two favorites. I'm gonna go Hen Coleman.
Speaker 2: You going about Kenny but shit going? Yeah, okay, you get these guys, your assistant.
Speaker 1: Give me bruiser.
Speaker 2: No you know what? No, no, no, no, no, I want.
Speaker 7: To change it. I want to change it. I want to change it. Brad Caliperry. Yeah, yeah, that's two.
Speaker 3: I want the father son.
Speaker 2: You know, it's very disrespectful that nobody picks slies. Hey, I was, he was in consideration. So we will. We'll make this into a video with the fags. There, there's our team. I think Drew's got a good squad. I think I got a good squad, Shannon third and right, I think your squad. Somehow you ended up with wall and still ended up with a terrible team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have I'm not happy with my big guys, Coolly Colley and Patrick Patterson my only two big guys.
Speaker 2: No, you're shooting blood, so's your three so you can't really shoot You.
Speaker 4: Got blood so early and I love blood, so but I feel like he got off the board.
Speaker 3: Prequel.
Speaker 2: I will say Antonio reeves an oscar sheet way going so late.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: Is a pretty amazing.
Speaker 4: Don't play Saint Peter's.
Speaker 2: That's right. Who's up next, Wayne, Wayne? Go ahead? Wayne?
Speaker 8: Hey, I just want to talk about those bats Cats last night.
Speaker 2: Okay, go for it, let's go for it.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean they run rule on Louisville.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, I.
Speaker 8: Never was much of a baseball fan, but I kind of got into them last year in the World Series, and this year I'm an uber driver. Since I kind of semi retired, I've been listening to them on the radio. I mean, I enjoy it more than I would have ever thought listen to basketball. Well, UK baseball and I've gone your pick. I need to say one thing about your pickleball. Thanks the stupid pickleball in Woodford County. They had two basketball courts at Falling Springs for the kids to play with outside. You know what the hell they turned them into.
Speaker 2: Let me guess, pickleball?
Speaker 6: Pickleball?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well that's they shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 8: County have nowhere to play basketball outside.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the call. I'm with you. I pickleball's taking over the world. Unfortunately, UK baseball beats Louisville last night, seventeen to five. Seventeen to five. They were they run ruled them. The game ended after what six innings?
Speaker 3: Yeah, run rolled them last night.
Speaker 2: It still took six and a half hours. So long, it was so long. But now you know, a week ago, Kentucky was kind of on the bubble. They win the series at Tennessee. They beat a ranked Louisville team. I was reading today like, not only are that they this moment in the tournament. They said, if we win these last few series, we could host. And we played two not so great teams coming up the next week, So drew. This UK baseball team, which has lost so many close games, has a chance now to actually make something happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, last night was so fun, especially coming off the Tennessee series. You beat your rivals back to back within a week. I know the fifth inning was a lot of fun when they scored seven runs, but I loved him the second inning, they're two outs, guy has a routine flyball to center field for Louisville and he just completely blows it and brings in a bunch of runs. It was just so fun watching the Cards after they talk so much trash just get absolutely annihilated in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pitching staff really seems to be kind of, you know, find their stride right now. The bullpen's going well, so you can't count them out there. It took me a while to get there. But they're playing great baseball right now.
Speaker 5: Big wind against Louisville when you seventeen.
Speaker 2: To five, and they play at home this weekend against South Carolina. I think, and I don't think South Carolina is very good. If the weather's good this weekend, we should get some good crowds.
Speaker 4: And part of the record being one of it is is they played something like ten straight opponents that were in the top twelve.
Speaker 2: I mean, the schedule was.
Speaker 4: Brutal early in SEC play and now you get a little bit so it open so just little strong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, eight five, nine two, eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Corn Bread Hemp. They have their new corn Bread Hemp drinks. We I got them for free. Ryan had to pay for it. But you go at cornbreadhamp dot com. The promo code is ksruh. They'll mail them to your house. You can get it mailed to your house or they have them at the liquor barn.
Speaker 3: Ye. The flavors Watermelon.
Speaker 2: Peach, t blue, Barry, breeze. It's a Cornbethamp dot Com their new their new product, and uh, I'm gonna try it this weekend because I have a free weekend.
Speaker 3: Seems like a good time.
Speaker 4: I fully endorsed he salted Watermelon. It's the only one I've tried, but it's very good.
Speaker 2: Cornbreadhamp dot Com promo COKSR. We'll take a break right back to Kentucky sports radio work. I'm back. It is Kentucky Sports Radio. Ask anything Wednesday. Couple open lines A nine twenty two eighty seven. Don't make me go to Bob and Jamestown right now. I heard he didn't call while I was gone.
Speaker 4: I didn't hear from him, and I expected it. I even had a bit planned with.
Speaker 5: Him, so he like only calls when I'm here.
Speaker 3: We gotta have a special bond that you know, trying to just welcome you back to the radio airways.
Speaker 2: I guess. So. Somebody writes on text machine, Matt, which players were not picked that you think are most egregious? Left off?
Speaker 4: Junior Nick Richards he was we were going three deep on the bench.
Speaker 2: He was Mark Nick Richards is.
Speaker 5: Being left off.
Speaker 3: Rob dilling Ham, dolling Ham uh.
Speaker 2: Being left off off and then I think probably the most egregious would be neurlanso him. No one got Neurlans, I mean Neurlin's people forget because he got hurt. But Nerlin's was.
Speaker 1: Uh, you can't have a guy like that.
Speaker 2: Are you be careful about it?
Speaker 1: Jes?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Uh?
Speaker 3: Other ones?
Speaker 2: Maybe Alex Poythrus Andrew Harrison would be a good backup point guard for for one of the teams.
Speaker 3: I completely forgot about Nerlin's. You know, he does get not just him, That whole team kind of gets forgotten because of what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeh. Anybody else you could think of that you was good one?
Speaker 3: Johnson Kelton l Kelton Johnson's a good one.
Speaker 2: I think Archie would shoot the team like Archie's gonna shoot all the time, no matter who else is on the team or not.
Speaker 5: Kelton Johnson is is actually a very good one.
Speaker 3: Been a good wing.
Speaker 4: I was thinking of Nerlin's whole time, but I was already too big. The assistance I'm trying to wreck go go through my brain. Maybe John Welch would have been a good one.
Speaker 3: Uh, Riley Welch.
Speaker 2: Riley Welch is Now did you see Riley Welch was hired as UH an assistant with Jay Lucas. Really, yeah, he was hired as one of Jay Lucas's I didn't see that good. At Miami eight five, nine, two eight, twenty two eighty seven we had you know, I don't know if you know this, Ryan, There's going to be a big Senate race.
Speaker 5: They're replacing Mitch McConnell in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Did you know that?
Speaker 3: I do that?
Speaker 2: And so you know, the candidates are starting to line up. There's there's Daniel Cameron who ran for governor and lost. There's Nate Morris, who I think is invoice to me in and now is UH and now is in politics. Yeah, and then yesterday Andy Barr, the congressman here from Lexington, is getting in. Andy has been a congressman for twenty years and he's given up his seat to go run for Senate, which means his seat, the Lexington congressional seat is open. And a lot of people out there saying Ryan Lemon would be a good candidate for the congressional seat in Lexington. Have you have you thought about it?
Speaker 3: I know my political aspirations are still down the road. They got a lot of radio to do, and uh, you know some shenanigans that I probably couldn't do if I'm an off.
Speaker 2: But if you were to run for Congress just out of the let's say, you know, you remember many years ago I got a call saying, would you like to run for Congress? Let's say you were to get this call phone rings, Ryan Lemon, we would like you to run for Congress. First of all, which party's calling? Is it gonna be the Democratic?
Speaker 3: Probably the Democratic Party?
Speaker 2: Democratic Party's gonna call you and they're gonna say, all right, Ryan, would you be interested? What would you say to?
Speaker 3: How much does it pay? That's my first question?
Speaker 2: How much does it pay? Yeah, that's gonna be your first question. You're you're not not the how much does it pay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean I don't know what it pays. I bet it's I bet it's enough. Like what what do we think it is? I actually don't know what they pay. I bet it's like one hundred.
Speaker 3: I just say one hundred and twenty five.
Speaker 5: I bet I'm gonna say one hundred and sixty. What do you think, Shannon?
Speaker 1: That's probably about right. I was gonna say about one fifty all right, what do you think.
Speaker 2: Right, Andrew? Uh, yeah, I was in the one twenty five? What is it? Look it up? I can look it up, all right, look it up and see. Okay, so they're gonna you're gonna ask how much it pays? Then what else are you gonna ask? They're gonna say, what are your positions? So give us a position that you would base your campaign on.
Speaker 3: I'm a point guard in a center fielder. Those are my positions. No, I would say, Okay, who's gonna handle my fundraising? Because I have a hard time.
Speaker 2: Still not a position, okay, So the question is what are your positions gonna be on issues?
Speaker 3: Well, improving traffic on Nicholas Field Road.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not really a federal congressional issue. That's more of a mayor's issue. So that really wouldn't affect in this campaign.
Speaker 3: Uh, middle schools athletic.
Speaker 2: Again, education is more of a state issue. So we still haven't gotten anything that would have anything to do with congress.
Speaker 3: Am I just the Lexington area or am I in the entire central Kentucky area.
Speaker 2: You're it's like eight or ten county, So you go to like, you know, Jackson County, Scott County, Woodford, It's like it's it's that kind of air.
Speaker 3: I would be for you know, a lot of pro Lexington stuff, and I hope that might not so you're I don't want to tick them off, but I would definitely be trying to improve Lexington when you need another arena downtown for like indoor football and ice hockey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna bring the horsemen back around. I missed the horse So your congressional campaign is gonna be based on indoor football.
Speaker 3: My opening campaign, let's bring the horseman back and the thorough Blades to follow.
Speaker 2: You might have me with the thorough Blades. So what would you do for say, Woodford County, Like we got versales?
Speaker 3: What are you gonna do for them?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: I would probably have Freddy on my staff, and Freddie and Is knows more about what's going on for sales in Woodford County and he can kind of help me.
Speaker 5: Okay, what about Scott County? What are you gonna do for them?
Speaker 4: Well, yes, you gotta apologize for your comments to know.
Speaker 3: I'm in Scott County every single day now because Yuga girl lives up there. I've become a big Georgetown proponent, and I love that city they got. It's kind of booming, it's growing. They built two new high schools the last couple. So what are you gonna do for I'm going to pat him on the back and say, keep up the good work, kids, you're doing a great job. You don't need to meet a message out.
Speaker 2: At this point, and they're gonna go on to their next can down the list of who they think.
Speaker 1: I think we've already heard enough.
Speaker 2: I think it's like after that debate when they were like, all right, Joe Biden, it was fun.
Speaker 5: It's time for you to.
Speaker 3: Go to step down.
Speaker 4: I think they would do that much found your answer. This is according to ballotpedia dot com. So I guess we're gonna trust to take back it says one hundred and seventy four thousand was your clothes bars base salary.
Speaker 5: Can I give you a controversial take?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually think we.
Speaker 5: Should pay those people more. Would you like to know why?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 2: Because if you if you don't pay them a significant amount of money, you're only gonna have millionaires do it. Yeah, or people who like it's really gonna be mostly millionaires because they spend a lot of that money on campaigning, et cetera, like unless you do it to where people can like, they're less likely to do I would raise the price, but then put a like cap on how long you can do it? Yeah, you see it like a term win.
Speaker 3: Well, that's that's gonna be coming now that McConnell stepped down, and they think that's coming for Kentucky.
Speaker 2: What term limit? No, it has to be federal legislation.
Speaker 3: All God, I thought I was Kentucky could do that.
Speaker 2: You're really gonna have to brush up on the basics of government.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you a serious question. I mean I'll joking aside. They're gonna come after and ask you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they already have, but I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would never do I would never do Congress like the House, it's too it's too boring. I mean, you're one of like four hundred and thirty five people and you have to do what the majority.
Speaker 3: I couldn't do that.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I feel like it too, that's boring.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, and you I don't know if you would be good at it because you don't know what the government does.
Speaker 3: You're still you know, Lexington City mayor. That's my goal in life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but remember your standard was you wanted to demolish all the businesses on Nicholasville Road, which I think is gonna be a very controversial position as a mayor. To get rid of all the businesses on Nicholsville.
Speaker 4: Road, going to include the new long John silvers. You're just gonna try it down before it's built. Wait, if there's a new long John, big news, biggest news. While you were gone, where's that Nichols Vielle Road where?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know the exact spot down? Is that that building they're putting in front of the AHAP there's like a restaurant going in front of the AHA.
Speaker 3: Oh. I didn't think it was it. I thought it was down past Brandon Crossing where they all had developments going on.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. I didn't even know they were allowed new Long John silvers. I thought there hadn't been a long John Silvers built since like nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 3: It's why it's big news.
Speaker 2: It's coming back. Wow, big deal. I do like Long John silvers. Yeah, I mean it's your artery's clogged on impact.
Speaker 3: Great hushpuppies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll take a break, be right, back. This is Kentucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: TJ Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ. He'll make them pay.
Speaker 7: Now more of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 1: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: Working back Tukey Sports Radio, Shannon the Dude, Matt Jones right, and Lemon Drew Franklin By the way. Uh. One of things we didn't talk about the beginning the show with the portal is that otega Oway did not enter it true, which I actually think is very important because if he comes back like he's not gonna be looking at another school.
Speaker 3: There were schools that won.
Speaker 2: Did him. I think he would have gotten a number that is a massive number from at least one school in conference who I think was ready to make him their center piece, and he has decided not to do that. So that's It's a small piece of news that we really didn't talk about a lot as that, which I think is really good.
Speaker 4: You see a lot of guys enter the draft and the portal, but he didn't make that step. And at this point I would be very surprised if he's not on the team next year. I think everyone's counting on that he's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be bad. He's gonna be back and I think he'll be great. Kevin Knox is another guy. We didn't pick Kevin Knox, you know, because his pro career didn't work out. We forget he was really good here at Kentucky for most of that season. He was better than Shay Shae maybe passed him at the end, but Knox was the main player on that team.
Speaker 3: That team ended up with like what six or seven guys that ended up playing in the NBA that Kevin Knox, Shay Gilder's winning Gabriel group.
Speaker 4: I was prepared to take Darius Miller off from my bench too, if I needed to mention Daris Miller need a wing, but he was inconsiderate that would be a good leadership leadership player as well.
Speaker 2: Did anyone get bam Yeah? Shout out seeing got bamed ef. I'm nine twenty two eighty seven. Who's up next?
Speaker 1: Bob and Jamestown?
Speaker 2: There he is good?
Speaker 3: Welcome back, Hey Bob?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm doing? Okay man? Since the Red drop Balley Sports on their broadcast, I've got one of those TV boxes, you do, you know what?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 6: They it's a subscription thing now with with the TV.
Speaker 2: Now I can't I know, I can't answer what question? What channel the game is on? In Jamestown? I don't know. To be honest with.
Speaker 6: You, I'm talking about on the Superbox on TV Superbox.
Speaker 2: I know they got what is TV Superbox. I don't know what that is, Bob, How would I know what what channel it's on.
Speaker 6: It's it's an electronic device you hooked up to your TV and you get there.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I don't know what it is. To answer your question, no, I don't know what you.
Speaker 6: Don't know what the channel is.
Speaker 2: I don't know what TV superbox.
Speaker 7: Here talking about the Lovell media Bark. Do you just go to Major League Baseball and they're all there? It's not hard, it's it's all right there in front of you.
Speaker 6: There we goes category MLB.
Speaker 2: Appreciate the You know this is what's saying like he's TV Superbox.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's within the rules of ask anything though, to help him with his TV guid.
Speaker 3: Help me find the Reds on my Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: What if you would like to just call and and I'll tell you what channel things are on. Yes, speaking of channels, one person writes on the text machine, Matt, you guys do a good job of recommending TV shows.
Speaker 5: Are there new TV shows for me and my wife?
Speaker 2: I have two really like on Apple TV The Studio It so with Seth Rogan and Uh. It's basically making fun of Hollywood and stuff, but it's really well done, looks good. I think it's really well written. Double thumbs up on that show. And then a show that I watched the first episode, wasn't sure I was in because I was traveling before I would go to sleep. I didn't watch it again, and now I'm in. I'm like ten episodes in. I think it is really good. On the Pit on Max like, I think it's if you all watched it, I think it's a really good show. I didn't really like Er, and I thought this was the same dude form Ers, and it's in an er, so it's the same show, but it's very different. I think it's really well done. It's fifteen hours in a Pittsburgh Er and each hour is a real time hour.
Speaker 3: It's like twenty four.
Speaker 5: It's like twenty four but in the er.
Speaker 3: Gotcha.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if the science is correct, but I'm gonna assume it is. And I've learned things, so I've enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I started Chasing the Crown last night on Netflix. I watched the first three episodes. I'm sucked in totally.
Speaker 2: It was good.
Speaker 3: It was good. The Horse Racing Show, Yeah, it's good. The Horse Racing Show.
Speaker 4: Also on Apple TV. I've only seen one episode, but the new John Ham show You're Friends and Neighbors episode one got my attention. And then if anyone is watching The Last of Us, they already know. I'm no spoilers. Sunday's episode might have been the best episode of TV I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I want to watch The Last of Us, but I don't like vampires, Like, why do shows all have to have vampires? Like it's all vampires and zombies. I would love a show that's about the end of time and like the world, but no vampires. Why do they all have to have vampires? I'm normally with you.
Speaker 4: And even when this show in season one they started showing the I guess they're zombiesh I was like, here we go.
Speaker 2: But I still like it.
Speaker 4: But Sunday's TV took like a huge toll on me. I've thought about it like every day since. It was one of the best episodes of all time, of anything.
Speaker 2: There's a movie that's out right now everybody's excited about called Sinners. It's supposed to be great, but again it's vampires and zombies, Like, why do we have to have like so many vampires in zombies?
Speaker 4: Walking Dead made so much money and HBO said we need one of those.
Speaker 3: Have you kept up with Righteous Gymstones?
Speaker 2: I'm behind. I'm behind, so I haven't gotten to catch up with Baby Billy go outside Nerd. I did hear he puts on Team Jesus.
Speaker 3: Though, right, yes he does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm I'm maybe one or two behind. Just this one is so crazy, more so than the first two seasons whatever it's It is just completely off the rails.
Speaker 2: Who's up next?
Speaker 5: Shit?
Speaker 2: D L, d L go ahead, d L.
Speaker 9: Hey two questions for asking anything Wednesday. First question, nothing I enjoyed more than hate watching? Uh John cal Perry in Arkansas? Any comments on Boogie entering the portal there? Did he possibly pick the.
Speaker 2: The thing?
Speaker 5: Well, no, he's got that kid coming in the high school kid.
Speaker 2: The thing about if you're a point guard to go in and playing for cal Perry, you got to understand you get one year and then it's over right, like, that's just how he does it, unless you're DJ Wagner. So like so everybody, So you just have to understand when you're a point guard for cal you get one. So Boogie Flann, I don't know if he'll be a first round pick or not, but he goes in the portal as well because the kid that he's got coming, what's his name?
Speaker 4: He has too, He has Malik Thomas and Darius or.
Speaker 2: A Cuff is the one I was thinking of, Like, he's taking your spot, Boogie. So you have to that's just that's the that's the you know, gamble or bargain you make when you go play for Cols a point guard.
Speaker 3: As Boogie Flann also entered the draft. Is he did, Yeah, he's slipping a little bit.
Speaker 2: He is slipping. Speaking of slipping the NFL drafts tomorrow, we're gonna talk about it more tomorrow. But Dion Walker is now projected as like a fourth or fifth round pick. This was a guy who coming into the year was projected as a top five, yeah, or top ten pick, and he is now projected to go Day.
Speaker 3: Three of the draft. You know, general managers aren't stupid. They watch the game tape and they see him taking plays off and not giving good effort, and then maybe he's not in shape and maybe not his workout t having been the greatest. That's why he's slipping.
Speaker 5: But I mean that's an epic fault.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is a.
Speaker 5: Dude who I still thought even when he was kind of.
Speaker 2: Half assed in it last year, he's still dominant, like he still would like completely control, you know. I mean they ran around him, they didn't run towards him, So I'm I'm a little surprised.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it came out they had a back injury. But even with that, I expected stoops in the green room with him at the NFL Draft because even weeks into the year, he was projected there and he is completely plummeted.
Speaker 3: And on the other side, Malik Harriston has gone up, Maxwell.
Speaker 2: Harrison, he will be in the green room. Maxwell Harriston got a shot to be a first round pick. He'll either be into the first or beginning the second. That's a pretty amazing thing. You remember when he played as a freshman, he kind of stunk. Remember we kind of, like the fan base all kind of picked on him. And I give Vince Merrill credit. He said that dude will be a first round the NFL draft pick, and we were like he was getting burned left and right, and now it looks like that may end up have probably gonna be the highest picked cornerback Kentucky's ever had.
Speaker 4: You know, that's a spot that's usually a lot of stars in the draft, and he's right in the mix with the top three.
Speaker 5: So congrats to him.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's a cool we'll probably Kentucky's probably gonna only have three guys drafted. Now, if you look at Kentucky football history most time, if we got three, that was like the best year ever. But in the Stoops era, that's a low number. It's gonna be probably Dion Walker, Maxwell Harrison, and Dumas Johnson. So that also explains no players on offense, only three guys on defense, one of whom was hurt a lot of the year. Like that explains some of our struggles.
Speaker 4: Drew, and I'm also in the draft watching Will Levis might be on the move with my Titans after they get Ward. Sounds like he's on the trading block, so it could be another cat making news tomorrow night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll, we'll, we'll see they tell me about Stocking.
Speaker 3: Moore Stockton Mortgage. You know the spring is the home buying season that is the hottest of all seasons.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, there's there's a there's different levels of home buying season.
Speaker 5: Can I say something real quick about about how is in Lexington?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: So you know I'm looking for a house, yes, And uh I was looking the other day and there's a house that came on the market in chevy Chase. And I don't want to say anything bad about these people, okay, because I'm sure these are wonderful people, ma'am. I'm sure they are. And the house is perfectly fine, Like, I'm sure it's a nice house. But there was a house that is not that much bigger than the house I live.
Speaker 3: It in chevy Chase, and.
Speaker 2: The list of price was one point four million dollars chevy Chase. Text is wrong with people in chevy Chase? Well you said it, chevy Chase. The house is in chevy Chase.
Speaker 5: Why is living in chevy Chase so great?
Speaker 3: It's just the demand. People don't want to be there. What is it? Why do you want to be there? I think it's just the mystique of it more than anything. Chevy Chase and I live in Chevy Chase.
Speaker 5: What does that even mean?
Speaker 3: It means it's a status symbol.
Speaker 2: Dollars for your house you pay way over privately. If I'm gonna buy one and a half million dollar house, there's gonna be half some There's gonna be some stuff going right, like I'm gonna have like, there's gonna be some yard, I'm gonna have a pool, there's gonna be like flying drones. Like, it's gonna be like, I'm gonna pay one and a half million dollars for a house in this sit in Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Better come with a pickleball court.
Speaker 3: I'll take the pickball cord out. But it's gonna need to be a spread.
Speaker 2: That was a tiny house with a tiny yard that I'm sure was nice, But one point four million dollars, Ryan, what is happening?
Speaker 3: I don't have a good answer for you that even though the housing markets kind of stalled, the prices have stayed up there stayed high. You know, there is gonna be a nice house up for sale here pretty soon. Matthew Mitchell's house, which was Rick Patino's house, that's gonna be up for sale pretty soon.
Speaker 2: I've heard about that, but I'm Chevy Chase. People need to chill out their house prices for go ahead.
Speaker 3: Somebody you want to look out and where else poor people live and master's in stations, So come on out.
Speaker 2: There with people in Masterson Station. You I've seen your house. Don't act like you're out there on the streets alms for the poor. I've seen your house.
Speaker 3: But whether it's in chevy Chase or Masterson Stations, Doctor Mortgage can help you. So give them a call. Try it out. Go to the websites. Doctor dot COM's a button there. Get started. You work with the same loan officer throughout the process. Get you to the closing table, get you in that new house just in time for summer vacation. We can put that bull in that pick a ball court. Whatever you want, Doctor Mortgage MLS. You still haven't even told me what's in chevy Chase.
Speaker 2: Like the first of all, Chevy Chase is nice, but there's nowhere to eat. All they have is like Bella Cafe, Charlie Brown's and the Chevy Chase in great spots, but crowded Starbucks on the planet is over there. It's a lot of traffic. I get Okay, you can go to the Woodland Arts Fair. That's nice, But why is it so expensive?
Speaker 3: Like the Highlands in Louisville, there's just these neighborhoods, whereas in.
Speaker 2: Louisville has a ton of restaurants, a ton of shops. You can walk to everything Islands and you could literally live in Louisville in the Highlands and never leave Chevy Chase in I'm just smelling the exhaust from Kate's Creek Road and Morton Middle School, Like, what is it?
Speaker 3: Well, you can you could walk to downtown from Chevy Chase. I mean that's part of the allure for people.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. I don't get it. And there's somebody who's now in the market.
Speaker 3: These people need to chill out.
Speaker 2: We'll take a break in Marryback's Chaos.
Speaker 9: Runner Back.
Speaker 2: It is Kentucky Sports Radio. If I'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven, ask anything Wednesday, text machine seven seven two seven to seven four five two five four one person rights, Matt, you didn't give Chevy Chase it's due you undersold all the great parts of it. I'm still asking what they are trees. They're you know, history, there's trees in other parts of town, just.
Speaker 3: That prestigious neighborhood. Older houses, big lots, people just.
Speaker 2: Like not big lots, though there's small lots.
Speaker 3: Some of them are small, some of them are bigger. Up on. Uh was that Ashland abaw? They have bigger lots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I can understand why those houses are expensive. But that wasn't what this was.
Speaker 3: This was over closed.
Speaker 2: This was just like a regular little house.
Speaker 3: What about the charm?
Speaker 2: What's you gotta paid for the charm?
Speaker 3: Is that a place?
Speaker 4: Just the charm of being in Chevy Chase and the ability to tell people you live in Chivvy hip that's you meant.
Speaker 2: There was a restaurant named the Charms, which, by the way, would be a good name for a restaurant. The Charm writes Matt, what's your favorite and least favorite ad read you've done?
Speaker 5: I really loved Tipsy Elves.
Speaker 2: I really enjoyed Tipsy Elves when they had all those like spot you.
Speaker 3: Know, huh what do you call them?
Speaker 2: Onesies and all that, I really enjoyed because they would sweater to me and I would wear I really enjoyed Tipsy L's.
Speaker 4: They had the Kentucky christmasweater that does some people gotte.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed when you used to read the nut dust ads.
Speaker 2: That dust was good. Yeah, good nut dust. I still have the nut dust. Yeah, I don't use it a lot that come up a.
Speaker 3: Lot and expire.
Speaker 2: I don't. I literally just saw it the other day and I was like, oh, nut dust. I forgot about that. That was when we used to do like Harry's regularly had a company that would send us all those Yeah, least favorite. I mean, I don't like when we do an ad that I kind of know in my heart is not gonna work because I feel bad for the people because I know how much it costs to do it.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, this is just not gonna work.
Speaker 2: So when that happened, I'm not gonna say which ones, but when that happens, I kind of just feel bad because I'm like, I want this to work for you, and I just don't know if it's gonna work.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I can't think of any that we did not like to read. I did some ed commercials that was a little uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I had a company come up to me and like ask if they could do a whole ed thing with me, Like they wanted Mario to come film. Oh okay, well not me actually, but like to come film it works no or Mario No. I mean they wanted me to come film going through the process and getting tested, and the problem was, I mean, I didn't want the results.
Speaker 3: Like out on in public, Shannon's doing ede commercials now. I heard one yesterday driving back from Louisville.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll do them for trity. It's more of like a hormone replacement thing.
Speaker 2: But they were very much you know, they were they were it was it was a huge offer, and I was just like, I just don't know. I mean, I have to look at my mom like when she hears those commercials. I just I don't think I can do that. I turn a lot of that. I turn a lot of stuff down just because honestly because of my mother. But not nothing, dust. I feel like my mom would be cool with us.
Speaker 1: Who you look at your mother, We're looking at.
Speaker 7: Her bank account, going, Van, go ahead, Van.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Man? I'm picking Shade and Sharp.
Speaker 8: He's gonna be the best layup line of anybody.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 5: We did get to see By the way, he was pretty good in the pros.
Speaker 2: This Yearly Shade and Sharp has been a pretty good pro even though he didn't do anything here. But go ahead, I'm.
Speaker 6: Just gonna ask, how's the cooking going. You said that you're going.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I've had my first I've had my first couple of lessons. I did them online. I think I don't think the online thing's gonna work for me. I'm gonna have to do him in person to keep myself interested because when it's online, I start like, oh Aberdeen committed, you know, I just get I get distracted, and so I'm gonna probably have to go somewhere in person. The problem is it's hard to find a place where you can go in person. There's a French lady in Lexington that apparently does it, and I was gonna like go with her, and then she said, you can't speak about anything we talk about, and I was like, well, I can't do that because people are gonna want to know.
Speaker 4: So that didn't Secrets of shoe holding.
Speaker 2: I don't know what these French French cookers are doing, all right, So draft Kings, you go to DraftKings, use my code KSR to make your your bets. It's NBA playoff season. I've made a good amount of money betting against the Reds the last two nights, betting against him again this afternoon because I don't like the pitching matchup. They stink again. But let's do the Reds. They play the Marlins. I'm picking the Marlins because they got Sandy Alcanada or whatever. Who you got?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I said, they got hot when you left, and you come back and they get cold again. So yeah, I'm picking the Marlins.
Speaker 4: Yes, just to be different. I'll take your Reds to get out of the funk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've been to you. Go to Florida, they stink. You think you can sweep and now we may get swept today. Who you got?
Speaker 5: Shit?
Speaker 1: Give me the Marlins?
Speaker 2: All right? NBA tonight the playoffs. The Lakers won last night, although Brownie didn't get in. Let's go Warriors Rockets, Reed Shepherd. Does he play? Yes or no? He did not play Game one.
Speaker 4: I don't think he plays tonight because I think the Warriors are gonna take this whole series. Is Steph and Jimmy Butler were scary looking in Game one?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He doesn't play? Is this game in Houston.
Speaker 2: Though it's in Houston.
Speaker 5: Houston's down one, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, three and a half.
Speaker 3: Both the home teams won last night. I'll take Houston win.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take Houston. They got a win tonight. Yeah, they can't lose too straight at home, Shannon Wood, Houston. Give me you got Houston, all right, Thank you folks very much. Tomorrow Brandon Garrison will be on. We're gonna be in studio. He's gonna come there. He's gonna be like right at the start of the show. So Brandon Garrison will be on tomorrow morning. Thank you all very much. Remember it's Wedsday, Dollar Wings all day. Come on out and see us. And to all of y'all that made the trip from various places, including mister Gainesville back there, thank you all very much.
Speaker 5: We'll see you later. This has been Kentucky Sports Radio.