Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Alligator alca trend. This is a it's a fun name. Miles is a fun name. That one is courtesy of Gross faith Kill.
Speaker 2: It almost sounds like the beginning of that Black Delicious track Alphabet Aerobics. Yeah, Alligator Alcatraz, aren't it all amazing? Analytically, I assault animate things, broken, Barry yours, bounded by the bomb remember that track?
Speaker 1: Lyrical, empirical and a spiracle a miracle, let me.
Speaker 2: Live along life lyrically, lessons is a learned lame louses us lose my line livery.
Speaker 1: A lot of people don't know this because you're not here before we start recording. But that's how he loosens his lips.
Speaker 2: I have to go through the entire alphabet Aerobics by Black Delicious track exactly.
Speaker 1: My name is Jack and that over there is mister Miles Gray. Yes, And this is the episode where we talk about what's trending right now in the news. We will talk a little bit more about the fun Saturday Morning cartoon Hannah barbera spin on a concentration camp that is happening in Flora.
Speaker 2: What is it? The Sweetest Chef from up the Muppets auditioning for to be a Southerner.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna talk about the House Freedom Caucus and how they might be fucking things up for which we'll talk about tomorrow. It's not even called that anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chuck, thank you.
Speaker 1: I think things are going to be a little different from now on. Thank you, Chuck Schumer.
Speaker 2: Where's Chuck Schumer? Is he from Queens? Because like nas, he ethered the fucking Bill? Okay, absolutely fuck Big b B. But no, right now, the word ship show is trending because Marjorie Taylor Green remember her. She was on Steve's podcast called Sweaty and Racist, where they were talking about how all of the deliberations over the Big Beautiful Bill have devolved into what she calls a shit show. And again she's very again, very loyal to Trump, but she's also.
Speaker 1: Is it elsewhere? It might It might be at the fuck Factor Certified chit Show with the fuck Factor.
Speaker 2: Certified chit Show at the fash Factory. At the very least, she said, quote, it's a really dire situation. We're on a time clock that's been really set on us, so we have a lot of pressure. And then also given the fact that there's four hundred and thirty five members of Congress and it's hard for us to get on an agreement on anything. This whole thing, I don't know what to call it. It's a shit show. And I'm sorry for saying that. I know we're not supposed to say that on the air, but that's what it true. That's what it is.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what she apologizes for.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, missus space lasers. Now, while I know those margins are razor thin, it is important to caveat all that with they will most likely cave and do whatever Donald Trump does because it is a cult, and you know, they just kind of play the characters of people who give a fuck about things like the deficit, but really they're fine with the They're they're fine with this ship. So we'll see. I mean, there is a chance, but let's not hold our collective breaths.
Speaker 1: Publicans like pretty much are scared of Trump, right, They're just they're gonna are but the House.
Speaker 2: But the Freedom Caucus people are also out of their minds as like these fiscal hawk freaks because there's like should be given we shouldn't be given money to anybody for anything, bring the deficit down, and like I think they use the deficit as a way to be like no money for anything.
Speaker 1: That's like how they got into politics. I remember that. Uh the story about Paul Ryan. He was like the time that I like remember why I got into politics. Was that a keg party with somebody talking about how I wanted to like bring the deficit down. I was like, oh crazy, fuck man, that's sick. Dog, that's sick so bad. I mean, yeah, that sucks.
Speaker 2: But anyway, the House Freedom Caucus, which you know, they kind of keep their numbers. Uh, it's like opaque because they don't tell you who exactly is part of it. I mean there are people who you know outwardly are The Pew Research Group said it's around maybe forty nine lawmakers. So keep that in mind, you can only lose three votes. They're forty nine of these people who are sort of aligned with this agenda. They released Republican Yeah, forty nine Republicans.
Speaker 1: You got to get all forty like basically forty six of the forty nine, forty seven of the forty nine. Yeah. Maybe, well, I mean.
Speaker 2: But so they put out a whole letter saying we have three big complaints. One, it actually increases the deficit, which is a huge thing for them again because they're a horny for deficit to come down. It quote waters down cuts to propose infrastructure investment and Jobs Act funding, and fails to ensure illegals are fully removed from Medicaid roles. Again, undocumented people are already ineligible. So that's just a fake talking point you do to rile up the racial grievance crowd. It's just enough, exactly, not racist enough that it's not acknowledging the racist fantasy world that we live in, and we don't like that.
Speaker 1: They sat down, they cut the little package, put their finger on the white powder, put it onto their gums. Not racist enough. No kill this guy. Kill this guy's a cop.
Speaker 2: But the other thing, though, too, is that the moderates are like, uh, you know, like the safety net programs. I think the more I mean rational, this doesn't even make sense rational for thunders people who understand, yeah, the fashionale of it all. They're like, well, the eight hundred and eighty billion dollar cuts to medicaid. You know, I'm in a swing district, Like that's pretty much gonna sign my boot from the office.
Speaker 1: That's assuming that we have free and clear elections going forward.
Speaker 2: James, I don't know if you saw James cobbll already. He's trending right now too, because like, if you think that Donald Trump going to do anything but make a deal with the alligator devil and not rig these elections in the mid terms, you're fool of yourself. You're fool of yourself. He's not wrong, And I got a I got a concentration camp of floor. I'm gonna tell you if you think this is gonna be a free and clear election, yeah, I mean all their actions.
Speaker 1: Alligator Alcatraz absolutely sounds like a fucking the home game version of James Carville politics that like he sells that lay my game, Alligator Alcatraz, thanks for listening to my podcast.
Speaker 3: Obviously, a big, big shout out to the sponsors Alligator Alcatraz for the new board game that we play where you play an undocumented person who has been abiding by our immigration laws, but then you are painted as a villain and thrown away.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a literal game. It's not much of a game. It's a picture of an alligator with an Alcatraz outfit on but yeah, razor thin margin. So that could be the thing that maybe saves us for now from going full fuckery with this bill. However, Donald Trump has been summoning these people to the White House to.
Speaker 1: Start being a simple ceremony with a circle of candles and fec smear bible.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. And you go in and it's that one dude from the hearkening like and do.
Speaker 1: Beautiful balls, all right, Well, while that's happening, Travis kelce So this is just this is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine, Miles. You know, I like to I used to like to.
Speaker 2: Wat photoshop images of me and Travis Kelcey together. I replaced Taylor with me.
Speaker 1: There's that, But I haven't shared most of those with the with the outside world.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I do like to watch inside the actors studio, you know. I like to hear about the process of actors, like you know, great actors like myself. I like to learn. Yeah, I think lipt in past ye kind of a while back. But you know, as as we were talking about recently, you know, my massive uh you know, obviously requires a lot of acting skills, and so I like to just like to see what other actors are getting up to I say that one word in a British accent sometimes. But anyways, a lot of great actors have come through the behind the Actors studio. Unfortunately, Lipped In passed, so now we have to rely on podcasts like Busting with the Boys, which just interviewed Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelcey about what it was like for him to act on SNL, and he said the writer's rooms were fun because you're just getting pitched ideas. The table reading for okay, so you're getting pitched ideas. However, the table reading for a guy that can't really read that, well, it was kind of a fucked situation. Oh so yeah. I felt like I was just trying to get through the reading instead of actually acting it out and giving it a voice and giving it a character and things like that. I was just focused on, don't fucking skip this line.
Speaker 2: So holy shit.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, it's.
Speaker 2: Just it's funny. I was just I, oh, I now know who the Busting with the Boys guys are, because they're one of that. They're one of the shows that had libs being like we need Jo Rogan, like they were part of that with like man of sphear regressive misogynists sort of set and then I remember people being really upset because Taylor Swift took a picture with them and people were like, dude, these guys have some really dark takes and also a really grim past, like involving sexual assault. But anyway, it's not like, dude, Travis is just busting with the boys.
Speaker 1: Man just busting with the boys. So I don't know, I just like I read good that in the realm of like Geena Davis saying, if you risk nothing, then you risk everything. Jeremy Renner, I live my life through fear. If I'm afraid of it, I'll do it just so I'm not afraid of it anymore. You know, that's how you have to act or uh for a guy that can't read that well, it was kind of a fucked situation. I feel like also like kind of because in that world where you know, you just take inspiration.
Speaker 2: I've seen people just making fun of Travis Kelce and then I see other people being like, as someone with dyslexia, like I totally found I'm always like, what is it is Travis Kelce? Does he have a learning disability?
Speaker 1: We did look into that.
Speaker 2: And we could not find anything like that. Or is it by default when you play in the NFL, especially a position like tight end where you you bump in a lot, do you already have some kind of brain issue? Is it a chet Homegrin situation where you're such a jock that you have no interest in your education.
Speaker 1: So feels like a little bit of that where he's.
Speaker 2: Like CT mixed with chet Holmegrin.
Speaker 1: Yes, culturally he is. He ended at a time when it was cool to think reading sucks, you know, aka like high school and like with very specific group of people in high school, and he hasn't existed outside of a bubble since then. So he's like, you know, for a fucking guy like me, dude, reading sucks, how am I supposed to do this nerd ship?
Speaker 2: What the fuck is their relate?
Speaker 1: What is it exactly? That's the main thing that I'm just like, Oh, it's.
Speaker 2: Like I didn't give a ship honestly and tell him like, oh, is this just like some mind control ship where she's like, bro, this dude is not gonna challenge like I got this, trust me, he knew and nothing he can't.
Speaker 1: Maybe they have a beautiful relationship the way that you know, like of my men's.
Speaker 2: Can you can you cook up another? One of the varietals of books that I love.
Speaker 1: Yes, just blowing his mind with like recommending Dan Brown novels for not even.
Speaker 2: She's like Travis, you know it's Barren Stain bears right.
Speaker 1: What wait? What fu?
Speaker 2: And he's with the boys.
Speaker 1: Man, I believe in love. I'm happy that they're together. I just I it does boggle the mind to Brian, the editor just said, wait, the cow jumped over the what that's how mo own?
Speaker 2: Did cow jump over the mo mo? Moana?
Speaker 1: Mohana?
Speaker 2: It's Moan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my favorite movie. Yeah, I'm not here to hate. I am just it adds mystery to the world to imagine what things are like between between them behind I'll say.
Speaker 2: This, okay, as somebody who knows many people who have worked with Gronk another tight end. Yes, right, you want to talk about can't read good? I don't know if it's the position, but they can't read good.
Speaker 1: Maybe I can read a defense and I can tell my quarterback. Right.
Speaker 2: Does Shannon Sharp read good? Probably? Yeah?
Speaker 1: He seems like he was just pretty good.
Speaker 2: He just has terrible compromised decision making skills as an into visual but maybe he can read better. I don't know if it's being tight end or what, but you know it's it's it's hard out here when you're when you're playing with a half a deck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyways, let's say a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back. And obviously big news that the Diddy trial has come to an end with a split decision. Did he avoided racketeering charges some of the more serious charges, did get found guilty on prostitution. We didn't spend a ton of time talking about this trial. It was obviously big news in certain like celebrity circles, but it did just feel like voyeurism to me a little bit.
Speaker 2: It was just, I mean, every time man so dark. And also just the testimony of some of the victims was super fucking heavy. Man, the shit that they were describing. But yeah, like, I mean, he was guilty on two counts of transportation to engage in prostitution, and he was like, I'm coming home. Those charges do carry like a I think around potentially up to ten years each, so at a maximum twenty years in prison. Again, I don't know what that means if he's gonna just walk out because he's rich and we don't take you know, sex crime seriously at all, but holy shit. I mean like when I saw that, I was like, what the fuck? There was video and a bunch of people giving really fucked up testimony.
Speaker 1: I guess maybe that seems very systematic. I don't know, you know, just like a sexual predation, like somebody who like kind of used their wealth and influence to almost industrialize his predation, you know, right like just like right on a bass scale. I will say that this story, as a number of stories do from time to time, like that they're just these details, like what one of the details is that he allegedly kidnapped his assistant at gunpoint and forced them to break into the home of kid cutting because he was kid cutt he was dating, did he's X? I do just like keep coming back to how bad wealth is for people like just being extremely well, Like this is the value that is at the heart of every like capitalism, argument against like socialism or like anything that's not capitalism. Is like it's not fair for someone to work this hard not get the money that they earn. They should like get to keep all that they earned it. And I feel like at a at a low level, I think it can be a good a good motivator, but when it's at this level, at this level where like people are just getting to accumulate cartoonish levels of power, we see time and time again that it just completely destroys them, like just they have unlimited power and like they will destroy it destroys them. And then anybody who like gets in their way or around.
Speaker 2: Sometimes doesn't because your wealth allows you to skirt the consequences and your brain goes, let's keep cooking, baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't mean like it destroys them from a like consequences perspective, from a moral like having an actual like spiritual anything, any morality whatsoever, that just fucking ruins them. And like those people are always like miserable.
Speaker 2: And I don't know why just because I tried to car bomb someone carb bum You sound like a hater, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like people will just push to have more and more power, more and more just like make it easier and easier to do whatever the fuck they want. But it's like bad, It's that is bad for anyone to ever just have the ability to do what the fuck they want at all? Like it for anything from any rich person ever be turning out to be fucking evil almost invariably to like, uh, this made me think of Star Wars, where like George Lucas was like God, the fucking studio and like all these people that are making me work with like why won't they just let George cook? And that he was like struggling with that for the first three movies, and then when he finally got to do whatever the fuck he wanted, we got the prequels, which, yeah, you know, your mileage may very but.
Speaker 2: That's why we don't let George cook.
Speaker 1: I feel like in a sane world where we're able to just speak rationally and openly about like capitalism and its consequences, like this would be a point that lots of people would be making when a story like this happened, the same way that if a person who committed a bunch of crimes had like a bad drug habit or like you know, some sort of mental illness or something like that is what would be blamed. That is what would be like highlighted, like don't bring that up.
Speaker 2: Because the affluenza kind of of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I don't know, Like I it's it just seems very one to one to me.
Speaker 2: But like, well, I think it's because we there's no, it hasn't reached like a tipping point where we all acknowledge that obscene wealth is a bad thing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's like, no, that's good. That's a virtue to be able to exploit people's labor and accumulate millions and millions and millions of dollars and then you can do stuff like get your weird. Did you see the people outside the courthouse They were dumping baby oil on themselves like to celebrate, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's a cult, we are, let us be cooked. I don't know, it's all very depressing, but I like it does like it. It does feel like it's all of a piece of like you know, in the past, there was a version of capitalism that like doesn't involve rich people getting to keep as much money as they want forever and ever, like and for I feel like we just very lost moment lost sight of that.
Speaker 2: I think it's always just going to end up that way, to be honest, you know what I mean, Yeah, that's just that's what a do to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, anyway, Yeah, but lots of examples, whether it be ditty, whether it be the destruction of the environment and our ability to exist on this planet by oil executives, or the changing of HBO Max to just Max and then back to HBO Max again. You know, like billionaires, nobody is there to be like that. That decision sucks shit man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, and I think we're soon approaching a situation where if a billionaire heard you say that, they'd be like ice, denaturalize that take them getting.
Speaker 1: Less breaks on billionaires. It seems to be the motto that we're running in the direction of, well, we finally have a conclusion to this story that we were all worried about. You know, Paramount. What do we need more than anything right now? We need a corporate merger. We need a Paramount and Skydance Media to merge. And Paramount did it. They managed to give the Trump administration sixty million dollars in a payoff slash legal settlement. But their legal settlement.
Speaker 2: I don't like that people are saying they bribed the administration to allow the sky Dance merger to go through. I think that's important taste, just because they paid sixteen million dollars transactionally.
Speaker 1: To the merger to go through, so that for people weren't following the story, they wanted this merger to happen. It was going to make all the like leaders in the c suite a bunch of money. And then like sixty minutes had a interview that was critical of Trump and he was like, well, maybe maybe a merger doesn't go through, and filed a lawsuit against CBS, and they both like got rid of the CBS news like leadership and then also paid Trump sixteen million dollars. And now he's like, huh, all right.
Speaker 2: Okay, actually I have a bad protocol. I love ghost protocol.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, big fan, the second one.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite.
Speaker 1: But it's all going to be worth it when we can reap the benefits of a capture the print media, the sky Dance Paramount merger, Oh god, I was gonna say, paramou it sucks.
Speaker 2: I needed it to merge so I could bring more content on there more.
Speaker 1: What is that even going to be Paramount? Like, I is there. I haven't heard like the pitches from people being like this is actually good in any way other than like sum Ner Redstones family getting rich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even know that's good. I don't know who Jesus Christ, just another hey, just more bending of your knees doing.
Speaker 1: It's actually a pretty good workout. Yeah, all right. Those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday, July second. We are back tomorrow with the whole less episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, gay your vaccines, we still can't get your flu shots. Don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow. Bye bye.
Speaker 2: The Daily Zeite Guist is executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by Bay Wayne.
Speaker 1: Co produced by Victor Wright, co written by j M McNab, and edited and engineered by Brian Jeffries.