Speaker 1: On this episode of the Heat Check. It's another preview time, Baby.
Speaker 2: We finish it up. We finish it up.
Speaker 1: The Western Conference with what the division of champions, Yes, the Northwest.
Speaker 2: We will dig in to the Timberwolves.
Speaker 3: Okay, see Thunder, Portland Trailblazers, the Utah Jazz, and of course you're defending champions, the Denvers.
Speaker 2: Let's get right to it.
Speaker 1: William, do me a favor and drop that generic ass beat that should be Rihanna's.
Speaker 2: Breaking down all the biggest NBA storylines. You're chilled in the heat Check.
Speaker 1: The Heat Check, let's just a crak, the best podcast.
Speaker 2: Covering all the drama around the association. All right, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's continue down the road down with what we're supposed to do, which is getting you ready for the NBA season. We get the loaded Western Conference, the final Division, the Northwest.
Speaker 2: We talked about the Pacific.
Speaker 1: The Pacific is the Cadillac, the Southwest Division, the upscale Honda, the Southwest airlines of the NBA, the Northwest outside of the Portland Trailblazers, because we have to have the NBA champions in here.
Speaker 2: It's like the black Car Baby, because.
Speaker 1: It is produced the NBA Champions aka the Denver Nuggets. It also has the best young team in the league and the OKCS Thunder, a fully sleeper team in Utah, a team that I think is going to be a very successful rebuild in Portland, and the team that I think might be the most disappointing this season. Yes, yes, yes, I'm talking about the Minnesota Timberwolves right now.
Speaker 2: Key additions, let's go into it.
Speaker 1: Shake Milton, Yeah, that's the key edition for the Minnesota timber Wolves. Day Shan Knicks, Dayshon Knicks. What the fuck is going on? Torreon Prince is a key subtractions. We am Minnesota, now we in Minnesota?
Speaker 2: What is happening with them? Guys? I love Anthony Edwards so much. I do.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's probably one of my favorite players, if not my favorite player in the whole entire league.
Speaker 2: This roster, this roster don't make no sense, right.
Speaker 1: This is a team that has largely been like, let's be disappointing and do nothing about it. Right. They largely stood pat in the offseason. They add shake Milton, Shake Milton, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Shake.
Speaker 1: Mostly this team was all focused on locking down Anthony Edwards to a five year extension. Congratulations to Bill Duff, get that man paid, Get him his money. Then they re signed Nikile, Alexander Walker, Troy Brown, a guy's name I don't know how to pronounce Vit, Kretci and noz Reid.
Speaker 2: Why is noz red here? I like naz Reid?
Speaker 1: Why is noz Reid on this team in any real capacity? When you have Rudy Gobert and you have Karl Anthony Towns? Why why?
Speaker 2: Someone tell me coming into the season the Wolves can hang their hat on one thing and one thing alone.
Speaker 1: The Denver Nuggets will pitied them and said that they were the toughest out that they had and the entire buzz saw that was them running through the playoffs like it was a train, and the rest of the teams that they encountered were the girls that were on the No Jumper podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, you know so Other than that, the questions are looming.
Speaker 1: Can Rudy Gobert and Karl Anthony Towns play on the floor at the same time.
Speaker 2: That has yet to be settled.
Speaker 1: The jury still out, largely because now we've got rumors Carl Anthony Towns is going to the Knicks. I don't even know if these rumors are true, but they are circling. Karl Anthony Towns is hurt most of last year. He is healthy.
Speaker 2: Now they say, what is this Minnesota team? What are they?
Speaker 1: Well, it starts with the folcrum of the offense and Edwards, who, as we know, is Elite twenty five, six and five. He's gonna look to be a top five player this year. He worked all summer to get to the peak of his game. He was insane the foeba and he's now going to France. Most likely he went to France to.
Speaker 2: Work with Rudy Gobert.
Speaker 1: Carried the team, like I said, through the World Cup for the entire tournament. The only reason they did as much as they did is because of him. There's not any real weaknesses to his game.
Speaker 2: It's all about improving for him.
Speaker 1: He is a star on a roster. He is the steak at the Applebee's, you know what I mean. He is the Fois Gras sitting inside. I have a red robin and you're like, fam, you don't belong here. You know. The roster construction is so bad. It's so much more important too than people realize. It's like just a collection of items on the menu. It's like tacos and fuh no shade to that combo.
Speaker 2: I've had that myself many times.
Speaker 1: And then you add like cheesecake, and it doesn't make sense. What the Wolves have is random collection, collections of assets and redundancy. It's not clear who Anthony Edwards prefers to play with, Rudy Gobert Carl Anthony Towns. We have more evidence of how he and Cat played together, but again that was a lesser version of for most of that time with Rudy, He's led lots of things, lots of nice.
Speaker 2: Things about Gobzilla. They call him go. I don't know how this tandem works.
Speaker 1: I don't know either of those guys. I'd rather have nas Red trade them both. Why not both all three on the floor at the same time. I don't know. The bigger issue is that you can't trade Rudy Gobert even if you wanted to. He paid a million first rounders for him. It was the most historically bad trade we've seen in a long ass time. Now, Carl Anthony Towns is healthy. He's drawing interest from a lot of teams, including the Knicks, and that is where I think he probably works out the best, probably not for the Knicks, but for him and maybe Carl Anthony Towns does get traded and they reconfigure this lineup based on Anthony Edwards and Rudy As for the rest of the team, Mike Conley, Mike Conley's a fine veteran okay, as is Shlomo, Kyle Anderson. I like Naz Reed, I like Jade McDaniels. He's on his way to becoming his own little star let your star shine bright, Jade McDaniels. Don't punch any walls while you're at it. Luca Gard's an average seven points and nine minutes of play last season. Leonard Miller comes in courtesy of the draft and the G League ignit. He's very athletic, six', ten a lot of, player a player that a lot of teams, like so we know there's, Talent but, like do those Guys Mesh shlomo almost?
Speaker 2: Punched was It?
Speaker 1: RUDY i think it. WAS i don't like their mix at. All they won forty two games last. Year With Karl Anthony towons missing half a, season they could win fifty games and still be. Disappointing can this roster win when it counts that remains to be.
Speaker 2: Seen