Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: I kill just the bits.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: Everybody?
Speaker 4: Happy post Thanksgiving weekend? Hopefully your bellies are full, your hearts are full. Everything was as amazing as it possibly could be, or at the very least, you've got a lot of relaxing and whatever your Thanksgiving looked like. But I am happy here joining me here on the Best Bits this weekend. We're catching up on the show. We only had a few shows this week before the holiday, but plenty of content, so let's get into it. We played some im never Gonna Get It for a listener and normally I don't really include some of the games here because you can watch them all of our social media, but this one was just chaotic. I don't know if it was because it was right before the holiday and we were all a little delusional, but it was pure chaos and I think you'll get a good laugh out of it. To start today's.
Speaker 3: Show, number seven question is this will be on the Thanksgiving dinner table for only three percent of Americans? I think about that. Never Gonna Get It is a game not gonna get it? Oh, You're never never gonna get it? Nothing, No you're not gonna get it. This will be on the Thanksgiving dinner table for only three percent of Americans.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 3: Now, We're gonna give JC a chance here to win. Hey, Jac, how are you?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 7: Morning Studio Morning.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna give you a chance to win a two hundred and fifty dollars Walmart gift card and a copy of the game that everybody loves called Let's Hit each Other with Fake Swords, which, by the way, it's currently on sale right now for only ten dollars at Walmart until tomorrow. Go get it. It's a great game. But for you, Jac, two hundred and fifty dollars Walmart gift card, You're gonna have three chances to win. You'll guess first, and I'll read the question again. This will be on the Thanksgiving dinner table for only three percent of Americans. So you'll guess. Then you can team up with a couple members of the show, and then we'll do some weird game at the very end. Okay, So first.
Speaker 7: To you, I am gonna throw out mac mac and cheese like I don't know if a lot of people have that. We do, but.
Speaker 3: Fair Dan, it's a quality guess it is not the correct answer though, I think probably a little more than three percent. But I like it, Mike as she came and prepared mac and cheese. Not right. I'm gonna read the question again, and you guys let me know where you are one to ten scale of how for sure you are? This will be on the Thanksgiving dinner table for only three percent of Americans. What is it, Amy, how for sure are you?
Speaker 6: I mean three versus so low. So it's got to be something really out of the ordinary. So I feel pretty good. Oh wow, out the ordinary for Thanksgiving number three.
Speaker 3: It's pretty good. Lunchbox two Morgan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like a four ten.
Speaker 3: Oh god, okay, Lunchbox and say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't ever just claim it.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 3: So Jason, you can pick whoever you want. You pick two players here on the show. You got Amy and Morgan who are honest about their answers, or Eddie and Lunchbox, who just want to be picked.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I feel like Lunchbox always says ten, but he comes up with some good off the wall answers. So I'll go with Lunchbox. And you said I two people.
Speaker 3: You get to pick one other person.
Speaker 5: Yes, and I just feel.
Speaker 7: Like Morgan's good at this game. Even though she said four, I think I'm gonna go with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Lunchbox, Morgan will hold the key to the car, hair Amy, what do you have a TV on the table?
Speaker 6: Went?
Speaker 3: Okay, I like your approach. Your approach is very different. But on the table, Yeah, this will okay, this will be on the on.
Speaker 5: The table, the TV on the table behind me?
Speaker 6: Interesting like that. Hey, maybe the serving table.
Speaker 3: You thought differently. You're wrong, but I admire that you thought differently. Thank you for that, Eddie. She didn't pick you. You were ten.
Speaker 5: It's a shame she didn't pick me because I have it is a menu? What it's a menu because three percent of Americans don't go out?
Speaker 6: No, that would be what the men on the table I know, if they're out to eat. That's just it's the menu.
Speaker 3: Well, the question is this will be on the Thanksgiving dinner table for only three percent of.
Speaker 6: Americans giving dinner table?
Speaker 5: Yeah, which is at a restaurants.
Speaker 2: You're saying, like only three percent of Americans go out?
Speaker 3: Box, Yet let's go. I'm gonna put you on hold.
Speaker 4: Yes, Morgan, Okay, I went out of the box for this. Also, I was going to do a food but then I went spoon. There's no foods on Thanksgiving that typically require us.
Speaker 8: Yes, Kansas, No, outside of the Morgan.
Speaker 3: You cannot be more wrong. Is that's the wrongest anybody ever been in this game? Yeah? No, the history of this game, that's the wrongest anyone's ever been. Yeah, good for you, it's okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it makes me feel a lot better about a TV spoon.
Speaker 9: But the serving spoon, lunchbox, it's easy. Guys, Amy, you were on the right track. You don't put the TV on the table, though, you put the channel changer so you can change the chan eating.
Speaker 3: That's wrong.
Speaker 6: That was your guest.
Speaker 3: That's wrong.
Speaker 2: It's the same thing as a TV.
Speaker 5: No, I'm the only one to live here.
Speaker 3: You're the only one to lie.
Speaker 6: And that's definitely not it. It's got to be a menu.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I can.
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess it could. But three percent even it seems fine.
Speaker 3: JC there, Jaycy, they're they're they're fighting. It's like somebody can give me a spoon, it right, So the people that you picked missed. Now, what I'm going to do is I'm going to go and just let you pick if Eddie yes or no, got it right. For your third pick, you can say Eddie, yes, got it right or no, he missed it, and if you're correct, you win the two hundred and fifty dollars gift card. So Eddie says, Menu.
Speaker 5: Jac, you know what I'm saying, right, Menu.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox made fun of him and said, there's the stupidest answer ever, but that was quickly met after Morgan stupidest answer ever, no offense Morgan.
Speaker 6: To be clear, spoon is worse than many a lot worse what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It was before I got to Morgan. So at the time, Eddie, that was stupid. Guys. Okay, So Jac, did Eddie get it right or wrong?
Speaker 7: I feel like I like his approach and I never would have went there and this is never going to get it. So I feel like a menu could be right if people are going out to eat. So I think I'm gonna go with Eddie.
Speaker 3: Do you want to advise her? Guys?
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess even in your own home, sometimes people print out No.
Speaker 5: They don't know, they don't No one prints out, Oh my gosh, what do you live in?
Speaker 3: That's why I said Thanksgiving menu. No, I've never seen that. Okay, everyone, Okay.
Speaker 2: He got it wrong.
Speaker 6: Jac someone right, Oh oh oh, I just got it. It just came to my mind.
Speaker 5: No it's menu.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, it's not menu. I'm gonna write it down just in case I don't want jon did.
Speaker 3: You pick Eddie to get it right or wrong? Okay, he's right, all right?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, you said that's giving money.
Speaker 3: I didn't say the one you own said the Thanksgiving tape. Three percent of people plan to eat out on Turkey Day, therefore a menu.
Speaker 6: But if they eat out at Applebee's, it's not a Thanksgiving table.
Speaker 3: Yes, for Thanksgiving. If they're eating the table in your house to use all your long inside Thanksgiving table until it's Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: Day, that's another good point.
Speaker 3: And you eat with his phone?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you with a spoon?
Speaker 2: What was on you wrote down? That was right?
Speaker 6: Like name tags, like where you sit, play settings.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jesse, you want a two hundred and fifty dollars gift card? You want what.
Speaker 6: You want?
Speaker 3: A two hundred and fifty dollars wal Mart gift card? Congratulations? There you want a copy of the Let let it. Let's hit each other with the Fake Swords game currently on sale right now for only ten dollars at Walmart until tomorrow, so be sure to get that. The game is so much fun. And Eddie congratulations.
Speaker 5: Congratulates Jac, congratulates you.
Speaker 3: Congratulate. They hate it on you and JC. Stay on the phone. We'll get we'll sign your game and send you the prize.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's awesome.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys.
Speaker 7: Pappy, thanksgiving me.
Speaker 3: Thanksgiving to you too. Make sure you got a spoon. I'm going to sign a spoon. Yes, the menu is just weird, the spoon thing, like, what what is? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was trying to think out of the box.
Speaker 3: You did Morgan's like we only used the ice cream scoops and forks in Kansas. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 4: Last week, the guys did husband gripes, like the things that they would gripe about on their wives. Well, Bobby got some DMS. It was like, okay, we need the reverse situation. So all the husbands shared the things that their wives would probably gripe about them.
Speaker 1: Number six, we'll do wife gripes.
Speaker 3: What would your wife gripe about publicly. If they were to come on this show, what would they say is like one of the difficult things about you lunch wotch you go first?
Speaker 2: Oh my messiness.
Speaker 9: I would say, like, I'll go get like a Chipotle bowl, and I'll take that little foam top there's whatever and leave it on the counter and never throw it away. Like I'll throw the bowl away because I eat it, But the top, I just leave it on the counter. I leave my cup there, my shirt there. I just leave these things everywhere. I don't like to clean up.
Speaker 3: What about dirty clothes? What do you do with them?
Speaker 2: I think go in the bathtub?
Speaker 3: Oh, I forgot about this, throws them in the bathroom.
Speaker 6: But didn't she join in on that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she has joined into that.
Speaker 3: She has can't beat them join them though, because I don't think she ever wanted to throw dirty clothes in the bathtub like he does. I forgot about the dirty clothes in the bathtub. That's so bizarre.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so that she can't really complain like in our room, I don't have dirty clothes anywere because I just throw them in the bathtub.
Speaker 3: But why not the hamper is because the bat don't have a hamper. Okay, well why not get one for twelve dollars a target.
Speaker 2: Because I'm not twelve.
Speaker 5: What a hamper?
Speaker 3: I have a hamper? It has just split thing. Mine and Caitlin's on each side.
Speaker 5: Well that's cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's not a child thing. I think a child thing is throwing your dirty clothes in the bathtub. But that's you. Now we're doing wife gripes because we came on it, husband gripes and I got some DM's going that's not fair, Like, what do you guys do? That sucks?
Speaker 10: Eddie?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't listen. She'll say like, oh my gosh, I've told you that five times. Or she'll be like, you know that you have to take the kids to school today, right, Like, oh, yeah, is that today? I've told you that ten times. That's her big right, And also too, before I go to bed, I take all my clothes off and leave it right by the bed and they kind of stay there so the whole week and she'll purposely not pick any up. So by the whole week, I have a bunch of clothes right in my bed.
Speaker 3: Have you thought about the bathtub?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, I don't have a bathtub. I just have a shower in your whole house. Yeah, I don't have. All my kids have one.
Speaker 3: Take them up there, put in a bathtub.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you have a hamper, but you don't use it, so no, I do.
Speaker 5: Like for like, if I get home from work and I take my clothes off, put in the hamper, but right before I go to bed, I leave it right by the bed.
Speaker 3: But the point is he's not walking it to where a hamper could be and throwing it in the bathtub.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, so yours is not. Why do you think that is? Why don't you listen?
Speaker 5: I just forget things. I have bad memory, dude, I don't know.
Speaker 6: What it is.
Speaker 3: I think we all claim to have a bad memory, but when it's important, it's a priority, we don't really have a bad memory.
Speaker 6: Have to put systems in play, like that's part of just adulting. I relate to you, Eddie, But I've had to make sure have checks and balances, so I have to like make lists and take care of it every day.
Speaker 5: When I get home, I'm like, what do we have today? Do I we have practice? Like what do I need to do today?
Speaker 3: And another one be keep a calendar, yeah too, because.
Speaker 6: Like you know, multiple times of like not remembering to pick your kid up from.
Speaker 5: School, that's not says She's like, it's in the calendar, Raymond.
Speaker 3: What's your wife complain about for you? For me, it's not tidiness or cleanliness. I'm up on that. It's the stuff where her dad's really handy. He built her dang house. And I don't really know how to do a lot of that stuff. So she's hard on me for that other stuff. I eat loud, you eat loud? Yeah, Apparently she'll be in the other room and she's like, I can hear you chewing that? What is that? I don't know? Cornflakes, they're loud. I'm sorry you want me to swallow them? So it's that. And then it's also when I'm on my phone, when I'm on Instagram, I don't want to hear it on volume one or two. I want it full blast. I'm into my phone.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 3: Experience it, and she'll be like, turn it down from the other room, and she hates my That's a good one. I think my biggest If you were to ask my wife and she'd have a list, like all of our we're just scratching the surface.
Speaker 2: Right, boys, I talk, I got got other ones, so.
Speaker 3: We were scratching the surface here. But I think my number one from her wife Crepe would be if we're watching a show, we're watching a new like series. For example, I'll say we from we watched from Great, I like two as it goes, guess everything that's gonna happen, Like, have one hundred theories on what's happening with the show, just so when it ends, I get it right. So I'll guess. I'd be like, oh, I bet this person's a day. It's gonna be a and it may not be right, but I'll have like seventeen of them.
Speaker 6: You'll say them out loud, yeah by.
Speaker 3: The third episode, just so I can claim that I knew what happened at the end whenever it was them. Or I'll like call the killer and that's from is not that kind of show. But I'll be like Jonathan's Killer and she's like, okay, but you just guessed a minute ago the dentist and then before, so I'm trying to cover I'm trying to cover all the basis.
Speaker 6: So you turned TV watching into a competition.
Speaker 3: Well, we both try to figure out, like we both commit.
Speaker 6: So why isn't she screaming it out.
Speaker 3: Because she's not petty like I am, and I want to every option?
Speaker 5: Or does she play fair? Pick one and stick with it?
Speaker 3: Mostly that, and sometimes she'll be like, oh, I want to hop off this one and hop over to this one. But by this point, I've got every single character that's walked on the screen. I've claimed them. Yes, you can be right, and I figured out every single And then when it ends in a way that I picked, I told you, she said that was fourth out of nineteen and that annoys her. So but I do not eat frosted flakes loud, right, yeah?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 3: And then there's also I mean, it's basically any cereal. I mean, there's really not a silent cereal, so just skip that meal. I guess maybe it's just your your ears, because think about this. You like your Instagram jammed up really loud, and you like your cereal loud? Oh yeah, don't you like your TV loud? That's just how I always ate growing up. So I didn't know you're supposed to like keep your mouth closed. That's maybe more manner thing, are you, Tarzan? Well, when I'm by myself. Why does it matter if I close my mouth.
Speaker 5: While I eat? You're not by yourself anymore?
Speaker 3: Again, are you? Tarzan?
Speaker 9: When is another room? And but your Instagram saying that is annoying. My wife does that and it drives me nuts.
Speaker 2: Mine.
Speaker 3: Mostly I keep it on mute unless I'm a bed and accidentally hit it. Not that it's loud. She's like, why do you have the ball? She'll be asleep and I'm just scrolling. It's fine.
Speaker 6: You're not even listening to anything. You're just watching, Like, how do you know what's going on?
Speaker 3: Why do I care what they have to say? I just watch and now they put subtitles and everything. Okay, yeah, sometimes the little speaker round.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's like you're reading a book. Yeah, not really doesn't count, No, it doesn't count.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 4: Last week, Cody Johnson won a big CMA Award and afterwards his phone totally blew up with text messages of congratulations and excitement, which was awesome, but he got super overwhelmed, so it encouraged the show to share it. The last time their phone blew up over something that happened in their.
Speaker 3: Lives number five. We got a really cool Cody Johnson story for you.
Speaker 6: Take it.
Speaker 3: So, Cody's cell phone blew up to the point, but he had handed off to his wife after he won out Album of the Year at the CMA's Here he is talking about that.
Speaker 11: I literally gave my phone to Brandy and said, I can't take it anymore because there's like one hundred and five text messages on there, and I have no clue who they're from. So I'll decipher through that almost sixteen hour ride.
Speaker 10: Back to Texas.
Speaker 3: So on congratic Cody. That's awesome too. What was the moment in your life that was your phone blew up? Moment can be good or bad, but but all of a sudden you look at you like, holy crap. I got a lot of text messages, Amy, I'll go to you first.
Speaker 6: Gosh. Just a recent one for me would probably be when we announced that I was getting divorced on air.
Speaker 3: People were texting you after that. Yeah, I heard the set, Like, what was the comments?
Speaker 6: I think it was people in our inner circle. Knew people close, especially in Nashville, but just so many people you know, being from Austin and Ron Air there and so many people that I grew up with, and they just weren't aware because we kept it so like to our tight group. And I just started to get random texts of support and just thinking of y'all praying for you, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, oh, guess why she's over it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, or hey, we went through the same thing, like let me know how I can help you all. So I think that that tops the list for some stuff.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox, your phone blowing up moment.
Speaker 9: It's easy as when I'm we're in the marathon without any training.
Speaker 2: I mean, people didn't think I could do it.
Speaker 9: And when I got done, I mean I had so many text messages took me a couple of days to respond if I responded, just people saying what a beast I was.
Speaker 2: And you know you.
Speaker 6: Write by the way, you know what year though, twenty ten?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe fourteen year Moregan wasn't born yet, Eddie. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think when I did my walk from West Virginia to Tennessee. But it was cool because like when you're walking, you know, twenty five miles a day, like you have nothing else to do. So when people were texting, it was cool. I'd text back, but I got lots of texts. I think I was texting the whole time. Then when at the end of the day we were at the hotel, I just responded more texts. A lot of texts came in that time.
Speaker 3: If you knew Eddie walked from West Virginia to Tennessee just like the song, because he came on there going that's not that far right and so over like then do it. And he raised a couple hundred thousand bucks.
Speaker 5: It was amazing for foster children.
Speaker 3: And his foot still hurts. He has an injury in his foot.
Speaker 5: A sacrifice, yeah, hey for the kids, man, sacrifice for the kids.
Speaker 3: I don't think you knew your foot was going to be hurt, but I think, yeah, that's one mine is whenever I want dancing with the stars.
Speaker 6: Oh for sure.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know something people were that were texting me, and I hate red dots, so I spent out right afterwards just trying to clear it all and then I just copy and paste, hey, hey man, thanks. But then I realized everybody wasn't a man, and I was said, hey man, I know all.
Speaker 6: Three of y'alls are all physically taxing. I guess mine was emotionally taxing.
Speaker 3: I think mine was more emotionally taxing physically though that show.
Speaker 5: You did hurt you.
Speaker 3: It was a lot more on my brain.
Speaker 6: Okay, well then we're good. I'm like, well, I need to go do something active.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 4: A debate on The Bobby Bone Show. This week it was all about Christmas cards. Bobby is not a fan, somebody else on the show is not a big fan. And is anybody on the show a Christmas card cinder? That's what we found out. A very interesting Christmas holiday.
Speaker 6: Debate for you.
Speaker 1: Number four.
Speaker 3: I'm starting to get Christmas cards in my house and I don't hate them, right, I'll love them, but I don't hate them because I don't get a lot of mail at the house. That's not a bill. So open it up. We do our thing. We've set it up on the counter. Now at the end of Christmas, is it okay to take your arm and dump them all in the trash can? Yes? Okay, everybody goet on that. Yes, okay, how about this? What if you don't know them that well, you just mildly know them and somehow you get a Christmas card from them, like there are people that don't make our counter we just don the trash immediately. Am I going to help for that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, good, you're good man.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with it.
Speaker 3: Next up, why would they send me a Christmas card?
Speaker 2: Great question?
Speaker 6: Well maybe they just an amount to anybody that encounter.
Speaker 3: They seem expensive.
Speaker 6: Well i'd not even just well, okay, but you're making the cards. That's the extensive part of like getting I know, but printing an extra one, that's not the expensive part to me. It's the time that went into figuring out your address, filling it out, adding you to the list.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me run this by you a friend, I would say, a friend, and I wish I wouldn't have responded like this, So I'd also like to preface with I do. I'm not proud of my response, but it was my reaction more so than me trying to prove a point with Christmas cards. Because my wife and I we don't send out Christmas cards. We don't have kids yet, she's not pregnant. But every time I say that, I need to say that we don't say Christmas cards out and she probably maybe did it as a family, but we never did that. I had a friend text me and go, hey, I need your address. I want to send you a Christmas card. And I replied back, Oh, don't worry about sendingyone. I already know what you're up to.
Speaker 6: No, that's that's not just I know with your address. Okay, and I should have I mean, if you friend that you want, yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm getting the same card. I didn't even ask questions like in the address.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because what do you ask for the question?
Speaker 3: By the way, love them? Yeah, great, guy, don't I don't want a Christmas card from him. He's my friend. It's like if Eddie goes once in your Christmas card? Why, dude, I see your whole family like every Tuesday.
Speaker 5: I'm right there.
Speaker 3: Am I just a hater? And I'm trying to break out of my hater of the holidays. I have a lot of good holidays growing up. I don't think I'm a hater hater of the holidays, which I used to be. But am I just a hater of the holidays? And don't understand that I'm just supposed to be like I welcome all love and pay per form.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, Yeah, you're not a hater. Of the holiday though, you're just a hater of the cards in a car.
Speaker 3: Eventually, maybe I'll be Christmas card guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but like, okay, if he's if this is a guy where he's married or has kids, or it's not that.
Speaker 3: But they've got to have Instagram.
Speaker 6: But that's their thing, that's what they do. If that's their thing, and people that mail out cards, it's their thing and they want to send it.
Speaker 5: Out, that'll never be you, bones, Yeah, it's not me for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very much. I'm just saving this because it very much well could be.
Speaker 6: But it's not gonna be you. It's gonna be your wife possibly, Yeah, you're not gonna You're not spearheading the We need to take our Christmas photos and learn her millmo.
Speaker 9: And unfortunately you get lumped in because then someone gets them like, oh you send me a Christmas card.
Speaker 2: I didn't send it. My wife's in it. I'm not part of that crack.
Speaker 3: Around the room. Then who sends out Christmas cards with pictures of their family?
Speaker 6: Amy've always wanted to be that person, and I'm just not.
Speaker 3: Okay, you've wanted to be it's one held you back or you just haven't.
Speaker 6: Like yeah, no, I don't have the whatever it is the organization of like doing all that and wanting to gather everybody's stuff and send that out.
Speaker 3: Nope, lunchbox.
Speaker 2: My wife did it for the first time last Christmas. I was not a part of it. I was not a willing participant. I didn't picture.
Speaker 9: Oh, she just took pictures from throughout the year, like got it, got it, Like, we didn't take specific picture And I did not get her one single address. If she wanted an address, she founded herself. But I am lumped in and I hate it every minute of it. Why because it's just so stupid. It's a waste of paper, it's a waste of space, it's so much garbage. They're so expensive, it's just not worth it.
Speaker 3: As a hater hater, that's a hater hater.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: Another one when people write like because not all but i'd say like a fifth of them, twenty percent of them have like in the card, like an update on like how everybody's doing, like a little bit.
Speaker 6: That's for family.
Speaker 3: Am I wrong for being annoyed by that?
Speaker 6: No, but I think it's for people that really want to know those updates, like family members, so they just go ahead and throw it into everybody.
Speaker 3: The ones that we've gotten, I don't evenally know the people they're like I.
Speaker 6: Know, and it's like Lucy started her freshman year at college.
Speaker 2: And from I don't know Lucy, Jack played on two soccer teams. It's like, I don't care about Jack.
Speaker 3: We don't want to be a hater. I'm not trying to be a hater. I did not bring them to be a hater. I'm just asking the protocol. If his friend goes, can I melt, what's your address? And you go, don't worry about it. I don't need I'm good. I didn't mean that to me. And I don't care or love you or like you. It means you don't worry about it.
Speaker 6: I'm sure they were like, this is literally the first time we've ever gotten those responds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I never sent my dress Eddie sent cards.
Speaker 5: Now, No, no chance, dude. I can't stand those things.
Speaker 3: Family as your family. Growing up, it seemed like christ card family.
Speaker 2: No, we never send out Christmas cards to the family.
Speaker 4: I did send out a Christmas card of me and my dog one year, and.
Speaker 3: Then it was too much work. I gave up on it. To how many people like twenty it's just like my good friends.
Speaker 6: But there's no update or anything.
Speaker 1: There's literally just.
Speaker 3: A picture of me and my dog and Christmas stuff. I'm gonna say this, I'm gonna I mean this. I hope I'm a Christmas card guy in the next three or four years.
Speaker 10: You won't be.
Speaker 3: I hope why because I want to be that.
Speaker 2: Those people.
Speaker 3: That means I don't have any dead noness in my heart anymore.
Speaker 6: It's not about that, it's about the time. I want to be that guy an organization good.
Speaker 12: You guys say that Christmas card only my mom because she cares and no one else my family gives the crap. So I just sent him to her to keep her happy.
Speaker 3: So he sent her one card.
Speaker 12: I sent her one card, used me for her my grandmother until she passed, but just my mom and I sent her a card for every holiday, anything from Valentine's Day up to her birthday to the start of summer.
Speaker 2: She loves cards.
Speaker 3: Oh, you sent her cards all time, all the time. You know what, I would think I would like them a little more if I opened it and a gift card fell out. Let's change that culture. What's a Christmas card. I think I like it better.
Speaker 6: You know, you were talking about throwing away at the start of this, which I do think that is okay. But do you know there's some people that have kept every Christmas card they've ever been given through the years.
Speaker 3: Hoarders.
Speaker 6: Yeah. No, but there is a key way to do it. Like there's these big silver rings like you can buy like teachers. You should use them for like note cards and stuff.
Speaker 3: You buy those and your key of cards.
Speaker 6: Sure you will punch each card and then you put it on there and they're organized by year. And I thought that's a brilliant little hack for if you're someone that likes.
Speaker 3: To keep them like losers. To me, however, no like that because you can look bad. My goal is to be a loser. I would love to be a loser like that. Both ways, I'm saving them, I'm sending them, that's the goal. But I'm standing by how I feel right now, and I just had some questions about it. But I feel like we're all a little bahumbug for different reasons.
Speaker 6: I wonder why none of us are Christmas card people.
Speaker 5: Because we're normal.
Speaker 2: We're normal.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan Number two.
Speaker 4: Bobby shared some insight into the whole CMA Awards and Shaboozy controversy. So, in case you missed it, Chaboozi did not win Single of the Year for his song of Our Song, and it was kind of controversial because everybody really thought that one was gonna win and it did not. So Bobby gave some perspective on why it's possible it didn't win, and just award shows in general.
Speaker 3: Number three, So Shabboozi did not win.
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think he was out for a couple of awards. The one that I felt and I picked I thought he should win would have been the Single of the Year. Yeah, and sometimes they get Single of the Year and Song of the Year mixed up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that it's confusing.
Speaker 3: But there was another one like new Artist or something. I didn't think he should win that because he had one song. Now he had one song. There was a massive one song.
Speaker 5: I mean it is so.
Speaker 3: I see people and their upset that he didn't win. Now, this is why i'd like to say for Chaboozi. By the way, Shaboozi has a song baby wants a Burken. I'm alone not long, you know, the wone two. I'm gonna mix up him, Jason. Now let's talk about the award shows for a second. So he did not win Single of the Year. I picked him to win Single of the Year. He did not win, But I'm not upset. Everybody in their own way deserves it. I think Chris Stapleton White Horse won and you can never look at Stapleton and go you don't deserve it. But based on Dada, I thought Shaboozy was gonna win. He didn't. Now if you look back at last year Entertainer of the Year based on Dada, you gotta thought last year Morgan Wallen would have won that because he probably should have based on everything else. He didn't. If you look back at Dan and Shay a couple of years ago when they were up for Duo of the Year and they had every data point, songs, touring, streaming, they didn't. You know what happened though, they won the next year because these award shows a lot of times are a year behind. Now, the problem with Single of the Year is you gotta put out another big single, where like New Artists, he could be up for that again if he puts out a couple of songs. You could win that one, but everyone's upset and at times are going, well, this is a race thing. Oh, I don't believe in this instance this is a race thing because it is so common with all of the layers of these award shows, especially CMA's which are more of the traditional awards show. Another thing I'd like to point out, and I'll bring in walker Hey, is the Applebee's song apple bee Usually eating apple Bee's. That song was massive. I don't think it won an award. Now. It may have, but it didn't win like Single of the Year, I don't think. And you can fact check me on this now here is why that song didn't win because it took forever to convince all these man well that ain't country program directors to play that song. And so by the time they were forced to play it because of its success, it became a monster hit. I'm still talking about Applebee's Okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, fancy like thank you yeah on a dating night at Applebee's.
Speaker 3: So by the time it was a massive hit. Do you think those same program directors who fought at the whole time are then going to vote for it to win any sort of award. No, because they fought it the whole time. Now, let's fast forward that to Chaboozy. The same thing happened. Like we're playing Shaboozi on our show and their stage's not even playing it because they're like, well, my am a lot, I ain't country. So do you think those guys are gonna go vote for it? Then, even though it's a massive hit, either're gonna vote for it if they fought it for so long, No chance?
Speaker 6: Okay, that helps it make sense for me because I was confused, and I was happy for Chris Stapleton too.
Speaker 3: I mentioned my love for Cristapleton.
Speaker 6: Yes, I think it's because it went to Chris Stapleton, because I even heard some like when they announced it, I think everyone thought of this is gonna be Shaboozie. I heard some noises like what, But then because it was Chris Stapleton, it was like, oh, well then yes, because we love him and he's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just want to play with this beard. So here's the thing. There's two examples of I hate to say precedent because but it is what it is, of people that have overwhelming data to support that they should win that award and it doesn't happen, and then there's outrage in the next year it happens. Morgan Wallen last year Entertainer of the Year. This year he wanted I talked about Dan and Shay happened to them. Then they want it the same Shaboozi. If he had another massive single and it was up again, he would win it because people would go like, oh, he got screwed last year. And then also the do you think the people are going to vote for it that fought it for so long? No, Walker Hay syndrome. I hope he doesn't mind having a syndrome named after him. So that's all I want to put all that out there. I want to say, Jelly Roll, like I felt that, and I'm happy for you. I don't care who you voted for. Like, let's let's now that things are in place, I hope everybody like finds a way to like match and do the best we can to get through the next four years. Yeah, it didn't matter, It didn't matter, like it is happening now, so let's just hope for the best. And two, sh Boozy, I felt like you should have won. I said that publicly, and that's why. Also, I think why I can say this without people going, oh, look at you. I did say I thought Schboozy would and should win, except I love Chris Tableton. And then also when you just look logically at it, you think the people are going to vote for it, that fought it for so long. No, they're not a country, maam. Can I have this dance Pittsburgh and you and you grew up on a hip hop station.
Speaker 6: Hopefully people can mature and realize, like, oh, maybe I was wrong about this.
Speaker 3: By the way, I love Pittsburgh. I'm not even talking about Casper our program direct because he's my guy. Probably I think I like, I just went toward a city I love in the Northeast and then did a hip hop station. Yeah, that's all I wanted to say. I'm off, I'm clear now. And then oh yeah, and also I was talking about that on my TikTok last night. And sometimes I just get there and I'd have a shirt on. But I didn't like show anything except there's a occjunal nip.
Speaker 6: Slip, but not really it's lest your collar bone or what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty hot in the collar bone. Hey you got a olliver bone fetish, go get it. My TikTok, which is the same as everything else, mister Bobby Belle. As I go into that, and I also talk about the perfect awards scenario, meaning, god, this is so boring, but an awards show, none of them are exactly right because it's impossible. You can't have like I work as part of the ACMs on the broadcast crew, so I'm not even gonna act like I'm not biased. I love the ACMs. I'm on the show with Amazon CMAS. They won't have me anymore, but I still like them. They could give us an award. I mean, kind of black ball from the CMAS, but I still, you know, I still like them. What they do is it's a it's not a panel. It is a massive body of records, record people, management, radio people. It's such a massive body you can't really influence it just by going we choose this. It's massive, right, Same thing with ACMs. If you were do like a fan vote, well that's bull crap because it's just the most famous artist win. You would have those bts winning all the country awards, even they're a K pop man, so just at the fan groups would win. So there is no perfect award show system. So accept it as that it really doesn't mean anything. And even the Grammys until recently, they could overturn it, overturn a vote. Everybody could vote. If you're a Grammy voter, they could overturn it. But with a little panel. There is no perfect awards show system. The only way we would do it is if we voted on like twenty five people. Let's say all of us that were members voted on like twenty five people to represent us to vote, and then that would be like the House of Representative of the Senate. Yeah, we see how that's working, don't we Ida.
Speaker 6: That's all I got to lose sleep over.
Speaker 3: I haven't either. I just see a lot of people. Some people get real mad, claiming like Matta Jelly all for cerain reason. They're mad at Shaboozie or they're like, hey, it's a race thing, and I'm like, Boozy performed, and I would like, hey, if you're a race thing, I'd be screaming it. I promise, I promised to God I would be here going not cool. But I think it's a it's an awards show thing, and it's a that song was traditional country finger quotes whatever that is, and just like Walker Hayes wasn't traditional country whatever that is, and so you you're not gonna have people supporting it when they didn't support it so much upfront. That's the inside baseball minute here on the country music show Good Stuff. Now play some Tupac or something anyway, that's it.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 4: Number two, Amy's daughter got into a fender bender in her driveway, which I know, a little crazy, but not only that, this fender bender is going to cost a whole lot of money. Amy's going to share what happened and why it's going to be a little pricey.
Speaker 3: Number two, did your daughter we're in somebody?
Speaker 6: Yeah? In my driveway? Oh yeah. So it's just like normally there's not a car there, and she was leaving for work and sort of in a hurry.
Speaker 3: And didn't look back because she's usually there's not a car there.
Speaker 6: Totally not a car there, which is such a bummer because it is a newer Toyota. So the bumper. All she did was dent the bumper. It's like it's like that's something like a big dentt And because newer cars now have all the sensors and the cameras and everything. This is the most expensive bumper known to man.
Speaker 3: Back in the good old days, you just get a new bumper, right, go over to the junk yard, find you a similar bumper.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is not the good old days anymore. Like the damage was so like we thought, okay, because she's been working and saving money, and so I was like, well, this is one of those things that may go towards that. No way she'd have to work for like the entire year, eight thousand dollars A yes, on a camera, a new one because of the it's because all of the sensors and the like, everything that was there and that bumper and then kind of like where it was with the trunk part, I don't know. So we filed through insurance and now she's going to pay the deductible.
Speaker 10: How much was the whole camera?
Speaker 3: The bumper has got to be get part of the whole car.
Speaker 6: So, but I guess that's where they have a lot of like probably anything down below were surrounding the car is where all those sensors are. You at the front bumper, the back bumper, This happened to be the back and but she's gonna she's covering the deductible and then she's gonna cover whatever our monthly insurance goes up.
Speaker 3: You know. It trips me out because Mahondai it has this thing where if you're backing up, obviously it has the camera on it. Yeah, which I don't I'm be honest, I shouldn't say this. I don't even turn my head around look back anymore. I just go all camera because it is the camera so good, so I just back. I don't even whatever. Secondly, I don't know how they do that thing where they can like see everything around you from the top.
Speaker 5: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: You ever see that in a car? And Mohanda has that too, where it's like it shows you like.
Speaker 6: Like an aerial view.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got a helicopter above me watching.
Speaker 6: How do they do that?
Speaker 5: There is I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do you ever see that?
Speaker 6: Yeah? But how did they do that?
Speaker 3: How do they do?
Speaker 5: They get all the cameras and they put them, they merge them together top. I know, but you have cameras in every point of your car, so you emergees together and they put a fake car in the midd it's not really your car.
Speaker 6: Oh shrifts me out, roll the window down, stick your arm out and see if you see it in the video, you.
Speaker 5: Will because the car is going to catch it.
Speaker 3: Oh gonna catch an arm going out? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Man, Okay, it is cool.
Speaker 3: Though I messed the good old days, but that checks me out.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 4: Number two, Blake Shelton stoped by the show. Now Amy is the one to interview him because this is a day that Bobby had to leave if he was not feeling well at all, so Amy took over the interview. We found out a lot of things about Blake, not only that he participated in pageants when he was a kid, but also the story behind him stopping a drunk intruder at one of his family member's houses, and just fun conversation all the way around. You know what's also funny is during CMA Remotes, which was pre CMA Awards, I talked to Blake for a few minutes and I told him that he reminded me of Vince Spawn. Not only do they kind of look similar, but they're both super super tall and their sense of humor is so similar. When he was sitting in the studio, I kept being like, who does he remind me of this is so similar. You know when you feel like deja vu, like you've met this person or like you've experienced this person before.
Speaker 3: That is what it was.
Speaker 4: Blake Shelton is Vince fond and nobody is gonna convince me otherwise.
Speaker 1: Number one on the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 6: Now, Blake Shelton, we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna play the full interview Amy did with Blake Shelton. You did a great job. It's excellent.
Speaker 6: Oh thank you.
Speaker 3: If you're like, why was Bobby there? This was day one in my stomach bug and I missed a whole lot this day, and I was sad to miss Blake. But Amy's awesome, so it was easy for me to leave. But here is Amy with Blake Shelton here on the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 6: So, Blake. People Magazine they just came out with their twenty twenty four Sexiest Man Alive. Oh please, yeah, they did, they did, and so of course we decided to do a country version, so are like, hey, sexiest men in country music? And we came up with a whole list. And so now, I mean, since you literally were one of People Magazine's sexiest men ever, who who do you think is the sexiest man in country music.
Speaker 10: You have to lower the bar, you know, in general when you're talking about these guys. Know I'm talking about all of us country. You don't think thee No, not any of the ones that I know personally like that, because I'm thinking, you know, there's a whole new generation coming up that I don't even know what they look like. I know their names, I see their music comes on the radio, all that stuff, but I don't know what they look like. I do know what guys like Luke Bryan looks like and Jason Aldan, and they're ugly. To me, I'm not I don't find them attractive. You know, h really lower the bar. Say what Sam Hunt?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 10: He's better looking than than than Luke and Jason. Apparently he must be high on your list. If you just kind of hurl him out there like that. You got a little bit defensive. I know about Sam, But about Sam Hunt looking, I'll give that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: No, Riley Green, Uh is it mustache rap much?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Far better than Luke?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. I feel like you like think these guys are high, you're just scared to say it. Uh.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 6: Like Lunchbucks, for example. He says he cannot tell if a man is attractive or not.
Speaker 10: What I mean, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 6: Well, I've been thinking about you a lot, blake, and uh I saw that Old Red. There's this. I don't know if it's a new concoction, maybe it's been on there a while, but it's a pamina cheese artichoke dip. Are you familiar No, Okay, well that's incredible. It's on your menu at all, Red. And it got me thinking about weird food combos and if you have any that you'll admit to that you eat at home, Like, are there any concoctions? You're like, this is weird, but it's just so good.
Speaker 10: Well, my brothers when I was a little kid, uh my other used to mix like this regular like pancakes syrup with peanut butter and mix that and put it on a piece of bread. I don't even know if it had a name. We used to call it mix and that was our treat when we were kids. Regular like maple you know whatever, Griffins whatever, syrup and peanut butter.
Speaker 6: Do you ever eat mix like now as an adult?
Speaker 10: No, that's but I haven't thought about it. In years. I remember one time we used to have dars where uh, we would try to, like you know, as kids, like mix up the grossest crap you can think of, you know, to eat like a combination of something and then dare you know, it's whoever's turn it was, had to eat it. And I watched my sister eat mayonnaise and and Nestle's Quick one time mixed together. Oh gosh, it's still it's still to this day is horrifying to me.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, no, that's not a good agree.
Speaker 5: That's gross. Man, that's disgusting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had to eat.
Speaker 6: She's gross. Yeah, I did. We would. I think all kids did that. And one time I mixed up a bunch of like really good ingredients from the fridge but with dirt, and my mom thought I was wasting food, so she made me eat it.
Speaker 10: Oh wow, yeah, how was it?
Speaker 6: It's disgusting.
Speaker 3: So I don't, I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't recommend that, you know. I decided to ask AI like to describe Blake Shelton in three words? Do you want to know the three?
Speaker 10: Sure?
Speaker 6: Charismatic, Oh okay, authentic, and hilarious. Man, I love I love right, Yeah, I feel very complimentary.
Speaker 10: Because that made me nervous because AI only knows to tell the truth, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well, which speaking of while I do have some fun facts about you, I have no idea if they're actually true or not, so you could say, if.
Speaker 10: They are, where did you get these facts from the internet? Okay, well it's just like google it, you know, like love Wikipedia.
Speaker 6: Are you you're not into bare feet? Like to bare feet freak you out? Uh?
Speaker 10: Uh yeah?
Speaker 6: So like you always have socks on, or like if you're with people, they have to have socks on.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 10: I think this started. Uh, I don't know when it was. There was a trend and it may still be going. You know, in country music there was a handful of artists that they would perform in their bare feet, like walk out on a festival stage and and and in their bare feet, and and it kind of started there. For me, it's like, man, what what are you doing? You know, it's not it's not as much about that it's someone's foot, because I mean, who cares about that? But it's like what if there's an emergency? And then it switched into uh, guys wearing flip flops That really started bothering me. The older I got that, Buffett started off. Yeah, it's like if there's emergency, that's pretty much you have shown yourself to be the guy that's not going to help anybody in the room. Like if there's a fire, something's going on, you can't help. You got on your flip flops. You got to go save yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a good point.
Speaker 10: And this guy's in here wearing our cowboy boots will help get the children out of the building.
Speaker 6: So do you not own a pair of flip flops?
Speaker 10: Oh god, no, So do you?
Speaker 6: Well, you only wear cowboy boots. And like maybe running shoes.
Speaker 5: What about like crocs.
Speaker 10: I'm a big runner, but I do I have shoes and boots.
Speaker 6: Like running would be the running shoes would come in handy on an.
Speaker 10: A pair of flip flops.
Speaker 6: Okay, right, what do you do for you know, working out treadmill?
Speaker 10: I'll get I get on treadmill for like thirty minutes or maybe forty five minutes. I do like it's like a combination like walk for twenty eight minutes and then mix in like thirty seconds of runs here and there.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, next fun fact that we don't know if it's true or not. You once caught an intruder at your uncle's house and detained the drunken man yourself until the police arrived.
Speaker 10: Let's go, Well, it detained him was? You know, It's not like I had him down on the floor and you know, saying don't move, you know. It was more like and drunk. I think he had a lot of stuff in his system, you know. And I really think he thought in his mind that's where he lived, you know.
Speaker 6: And and.
Speaker 10: And so my uncle, who was special needs, he called and said, hey, you know, there's this guy in my house and he's just like sitting on the couch saying, you know, he lives here. And so my initial thought was, you know what's going on over there? And I went and knocked on my uncle's I can't even believe I'm telling this. I hadn't thought about this in fifteen years or more. And the guy answered the or as if it was his house, like yeah, can I help you? And it's like, yeah, get the hell out of this house.
Speaker 5: You know, what are you doing?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 10: And he's like, what are you talking about? I go, you know what I'm talking about, like one of those deals. And meanwhile the police are coming, and I just kept him entertained, you know, until they got there.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm glad you clarified it, because I definitely was picturing you, like sitting on top of him, no, entertaining like citizens arrest. What was that me?
Speaker 5: Entertaining? You didn't sing a song or anything, did you?
Speaker 10: I may have. I don't know. I just pulled up everything.
Speaker 6: You know. You think when that guy sobered up, he's like, huh, so Blake Shelton just came over.
Speaker 10: No, I don't. I think even sober, he wouldn't have known who I was. This man had other things on his mind.
Speaker 6: Uh. Your mom put you in pageants when you were younger?
Speaker 10: Are you saying that just because then you say that, and then you just stare at me.
Speaker 6: It was like, because that's the fun fact?
Speaker 10: Disappointed look on your phone.
Speaker 5: No, not at all true.
Speaker 6: No, I'm this is fun facts. Are they true or not?
Speaker 5: It is true?
Speaker 10: Okay, is true? Because and here's why. The way I remember it is, I was already messing around with music even when I was six seven, eight years old. In my bedroom. I would just be in there, you know, playing Ted Nugent, cat Scratch Fever and Hank Junior or whatever records my brother had. I'd be playing them as loud as I could, singing them into one of those little plug in microphones that you won't remember, but back in the day, you could have a little tiny microphone that you could record over cassettes with and I would be singing into that microphone. And my mom finally decided maybe she should enter me into some of these pageants. In our small attacks, there's a talent portion of the pageant, you know. I got to sing a song on there.
Speaker 3: So she did.
Speaker 10: She entered me in, like I don't know, probably four or five pageants, enough that I told her one day, Mom, I don't want to sing anymore if that's the what I have to do to sing, because it's embarrassing to be up there doing the evening where and stuff, you know, with all the little girls and I'm the one boy, you know, and the pageant. So it was I was probably like twelve or thirteen before I started singing again, just like regular music events around our town back in Ada, Oklahoma. No, that's true. Also that's where I'm from.
Speaker 6: We got that as a fact. Okay, we got two more. One being you've been confused for Joe Nichols, so much so that people at festivals used to get mad at you for not playing songs like you know, probably tequila makes her clothes fall off.
Speaker 10: That's happened. That's happened with a lot of artists, you know, over the years, that being confused for other artists. I remember one time they used to have CMA Fest over here at the Nashville fair Grounds back in the day, and there was a parking lot where all the artists could park to go in and sign autographs or whatever, you know. And I remember one time I was I used to have super long hair, like down halfway down the middle of my back. And I was leaving one time, and and fans had figured out they could they could go stand next to the fence where that parking lot was, and then mess was standing in stupid lines in the in the building. They could catch their favorite artists right there going to their car and get autographs.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 10: And so I was leaving, I had like one song out, maybe not even yet, and and I was almost to my car, and I heard some fans say Terry, Terry, Terry Clark, and I stopped and I started looking around like oh my god, Terry Clark's out here. And then when I looked back at the fans, they were kind of like, oh, you know, and looked away, you know, and they were like, I realized they thought I was Terry Clark when I was leaving. And and I've told Terry this also. We don't know which one is more offended.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 10: But then uh, later on uh uh it was Joe Nichols because Joe and I had pretty much the same haircut at one point, and he came out and I do remember, like, you know, you didn't play Broken Heartsville, you know, at sign on autographs after the show. I used to tell people in airports. They would come up and say, are you Joe Nichols And I would say yes, and I hate kids, and you you know, just to try to get a leg up, you know.
Speaker 5: Because back then that competition.
Speaker 10: Yes, I was up against him on all the awards stuff, so I screw him.
Speaker 6: And final fun fact, if it's true or not, Gwen Stefani says having you in her life as a miracle.
Speaker 10: Uh that sounds like a that's hat, doesn't it.
Speaker 6: I mean no, but I really did read like a couple of days ago, that she said meeting you was like a second chance at life. I'm paraphrasing, but I'm.
Speaker 3: Pretty sure that I'll see this stuff too.
Speaker 10: I've been seeing it because she's you know, she's released an album, oh yeah, on Friday, and so I've been seeing you know, she's doing all the press and stuff, and I've been seeing this stuff too. It's it's the sweetest, nicest things. I can't believe that. I can't believe it, you know, I know it's awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I felt like reading that it gives a lot of other people hope that maybe you're on their second chapter or third or whatever life.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 10: Well, I tell you, it's amazing, you know that to get this on this end of life. You know, I'm I'm forty eight now, and to have only met my best friend, you know, eight or nine years ago is pretty incredible. You know, you just never know what's out there, what's around the corner, and you know, she's it's been everything she's saying, is I feel the same way. It's it's been an incredible connection. I don't know how else to explain it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I do feel like it does offer hope for people that maybe they're turning into that second chapter, whether it's age or just a divorce or you know, what is my life going to look like now? Because this isn't going how I expected it. But hearing people open up and say like, yeah, there are second chances out there. And it's not to say that the first part. I mean, I don't think she would change anything about any of that, obviously her kids and whatnot, but it's it was beautiful and it gave me some hope.
Speaker 10: Honestly, Well, I tell you too. And we were on rock bottom. We hit rock bottom before we found each other, you know, so that kind of that sounds worse when you say it like that, like you got you gotta it's gonna get a lot worse before it gets better. I don't mean it like that, but just just when we thought that's well, that was going to be all run at it, you know, is when we found each.
Speaker 6: Other, what don't you think hitting rock bottom then you evolve into this next version of yourself, Like that's the stuff that stretches you and grows you. So if y'all had met earlier, it probably wouldn't have been the right time because it's this version of both of you that y'all needed.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's true. But it's fun for us to think about what if we would have known each other, like way way back, what would have been like. You know, she's written on a lot of songs about that. You know, I think there's even one on this new record about that, because you know, it's just it's just, like I say, it's amazing that this chapter started so late in our lives.
Speaker 6: You know, she's got new music, You've got new music. You know, Austin was your first number one song way back in the day, and then now you kind of got a completely got Austin, and now I got Texas, which I was born and raised in Austin, Texas. Oh no, kidd, shout out wow, and so Texas. I immediately gravitated towards it when it came out, and huge George Strait fan as well. Love that he gets a shout out in the chorus. Why did you decide to cut that song?
Speaker 10: Well, I just fell in love with it the first time I heard it. And you know, it's been a minute since I've released any music.
Speaker 6: It's two years.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and it's been I don't know how long it's been before that, Before I've even released an album. It's been a while. And you know, I was doing the voice for twelve years and twenty three seasons of that show I did. And so when I finally walked away from really I wasn't just walking away from the Voice, it was just television in general. I just needed a break from that machine. It was just kind of numb. When I finally walked away, it was like, gosh, I I just need some some nothing for a while, you know. And it sounds like a spoiled brat thing to say, but I just kind of didn't really feel like I knew what I wanted to do anymore, because I had just kind of been on the hamster wheel of of of that beast that is, you know, television and h and so for a year and a half, I really didn't do much. I mean I I did do a little tour in there, and and some a handful of shows were really not anything else. And and I wasn't making any records. I wasn't recording or writing or doing anything. And and man, I'll be damned, uh if last spring I got a call to do this duet with Post Malone, and I was shocked honestly, because it was just like, what, like, like me, he wants me to do this?
Speaker 2: Like uh?
Speaker 10: And so I obviously I heard the song and it was like, this sounds like something that I would have done anyway, you know, and hell yeah, I'll do it. I had met Post at the at the Super Bowl last year. Gwyn and I had done like a pregame performance and then posting uh, America the Beautiful before the game, and and so we saw each other and traded phone numbers, and but that happens a million times in this business, and you never expect to hear from somebody, you know, it's like, oh, let's get together. Sure, uh. And but he followed up and and so we made that that recording and and then of course it came out and was a hit, and the whole experience for me, and even being around Post, I'm sure he's probably uh, you guys have probably talked to him now, I'm sure. I don't. I don't know, but you know what he's like. He's just so excited, so happy, and just so full of of excitement about music and and and country music especially, you know, and being around him shooting the video we've done, you know, some performances, and it was just the honestly, the kick and the ass that I needed to kind of go, well, what are you doing? You know you used to be this this fired up, you know, and being around him really lit a fire under me again and and and reminded me that, uh, you know, I nobody gets to do what I do. Very few people get to be recording artists and and and do what they dreamed of doing, uh when they were a kid. And I get to do that. And I'm wasting this time, you know. And and so I really do credit Post for for getting me fired back up again and wanting to get back in the studio and really kind of start over again.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 10: I got a new record deal starting with a with a whole new team and just kind of really just turned the page. And and so to answer your question though about Texas, Uh, it it was a song that I felt like it kind of it's got a connection to me and who I've been as an artist all these years that you know, I had a record years ago called Sangria, and it's got a little bit of that kind of vibe to it, but it also feels like a step in a new direction. Which I always try to do when I go in and make a record. That's what my heroes like Conway Twitty and Kenny Rodgers, you know their catalog when you listen to them, you know, they're always kind of pushing the envelope. And I felt like this song does that musically for me, you know, and of course it uh. You know, the tip of the Hat to George Straight and the chorus. If you don't like George Straight, you know, you probably don't have any friends. So I gotta have you know, you know, even everybody loves George Strait, I hope, uh. And so I love the tip of the Hat to George and the chorus.
Speaker 6: What's your favorite George Straight song?
Speaker 10: Man? I I perform all my exes in my shows a lot, you know, and but it's probably not my favorite. My favorite is probably Ocean Front Property. I don't know why. I just always go back to that one.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 10: But there's there's so many and there's so many that were number one hits that are almost forgotten because he's had so many number one hits. It's like I've said before, I've done a lot of shows with George over the years. Uh, I go man, it's impossible to go to a George Straight song and and leave without going. Man, he didn't play one of my favorite songs, because how can he possibly play eighty songs in a in his set? You know, there's just literally so many to choose from. There's some of those back in the eighties that are forgotten that are just incredible. Chair, Oh the chair, chill, chill of an early Fall. There's there's a I mean, we could sit here and do this for another power not do it, but I love I love I love him so much. I don't want to take away from my time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely not. But you're not to George in the song as Amarilla by morning, that's what it is.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well Amarilla is in there, and also he says that's where all my exes go, So I got them both in there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you squeeze that one in there. I saw a video of the writers of the song.
Speaker 3: I saw that too.
Speaker 10: I still haven't met him in person yet. I'm supposed to meet him today, either today or tomorrow. I think I'm finally going to get a chance to meet him because I think for three of them, it's their first single that they've had, maybe all four of them, but I think three of them. It's their first single, and one one of the writers has been here for like fifteen years or something, which I totally relate to. You know, I was here for seven years before I had any kind of a break, you know, So you know, it just shows you that, you know, just the same thing we were talking about with, you know, you just never know what's around the corner.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just thought it was really special, Like they had to probably be freaking out, Oh, Blake Shelton's gonna cut our song, and then they're hearing it on the radio for the first.
Speaker 10: Time I got. One of them was standing on the top of their car crashing the hood or something. It's pretty funny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that gave me goosebumps. It's like, you know, it's probably cool for you too as an artist to be part of helping them, you know, around that corner make that dream come true.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, those guys help me. I always look at it that way when when songwriters there's so many great talented songwriters in this town, like it's it's literally unbelievable, and they've built this thing for me, the writers have you know, I'm just a lucky guy that's been able to get my hands on some of these songs, you know, and no different than Texas. I think it's a special song. And I feel like those guys took a chance on me. You know, I mean, I'm I'm not the new up and comer anymore, you know what I'm saying. So I really appreciate them giving me a chance with it.
Speaker 6: Well, Texas is catchy. It'll get stuck in your had for sure. It's good. And you know we were talking about Austin earlier being your first number one song. You have twenty nine number one songs.
Speaker 10: That's that's right. Name what I heard when when the when the post thing went? Because it uh uh. I think different charts have different criteria or whatever, but I heard that I was tied with Tim McGraw, uh for I think the second or third, third, most of however they do the charts. Now we all know that George and nobody's never catching him. But uh, I thought that was pretty cool because I look up to Tim. It's like, what me and Tim?
Speaker 6: Do you? I mean, do you think you could name them.
Speaker 10: All of mine?
Speaker 6: At nine? I probably could, I mean I know you could, but like go ahead, Oh, my god, we'd be here. You actually do have things coming up on your couthy.
Speaker 10: There's a there's a lot of my songs that people think were number ones. Maybe not a lot, but there's some that people think we're number ones that weren't even close, Like Old Red, which is probably arguably one of my bigger rec hits. You know, as far as the impact goes, that was not even a top ten single when it came out. I think it went somewhere in the teens. But it went on to be the fan favorite, and now there's restaurants named after it around the country. You know, but it wasn't even a top ten song at the time.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, Well, speaking of all you have coming.
Speaker 10: Well, let's just go ahead and say thirty. When I say it that way, I mean, you know, it really should have.
Speaker 6: Been yeah, thirty one. Then yeah Texas, I mean I don't want to don't do you believe in the jinks or any of that stuff. Like if I were to say right now, Texas is so good, it's probably gonna be your next number one, you might be like, well, if it doesn't go number one, then.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I do believe that stuff. Thinks a lot you do.
Speaker 6: I didn't just say it, I was asking hially.
Speaker 10: Football I do. When it comes to my football teams, I do believe in jinxes.
Speaker 6: What do you do on game day? Do you have like a high or a shirt or something you have to do?
Speaker 10: Yes? And when we're on defense, I turn my hat backwards. When we're on offense, it's forward. Unless that's not working, then I reverse those things. Interesting, Oh my gosh, Well, I feel like I'm contributing something to the team.
Speaker 6: If your team loses, does it completely derail your day?
Speaker 10: Yes? Days, No, not days, but it will derail the day and part of the next day. And then I start to get over it. Then I start to find ways to find a different path to the playoffs than the one that I had in mind. Y'all, you guys are Cowboys fans exactly what I'm talking.
Speaker 5: I'm hat around anyone.
Speaker 10: You may want to just take the hat off this year.
Speaker 6: They're used to losing. But it's it's a psychological thing. It's like you think you're a part of the team, so therefore it fans, not you, blake you, just you. But most big hardcore fans they are a part of the team and they feel like they're contributing in their own way, and then when they lose, it's like they've actually lost. When like you are not on the team at all.
Speaker 10: I feel like you're This feels like therapy.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 10: Usually I'm just like I'm trying to take this away from you.
Speaker 6: But I just don't know that it should impact you for a day, you know. So do you have to go like plow some stuff or what do you do to let the anger out?
Speaker 10: Drink?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's hell.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah cool?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 10: And when we're winning, that's what I do to celebrate.
Speaker 6: Drink.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: What's your favorite drink?
Speaker 10: Vodka and spritt zero.
Speaker 5: Oh, look at you watching the calary.
Speaker 10: It's the the Nectar of Gods.
Speaker 3: The right.
Speaker 6: So you know you're talking about a little little hiatus, but I'm looking at twenty twenty five and it's look at your back like you're like, okay, I'm ready to Yeah, I know. You're doing a residency in Vegas basically all of resident.
Speaker 10: By the way, Gwynn gets so when she sees the word residence, because it's two weekends, she's like, that is ridiculous. Do you call that a residency? I did like sixty three shows, you're doing like six shows.
Speaker 6: It's exactly what you're doing. Six shows, you're doing the fifth, the seventh, and age.
Speaker 10: She said, you're just like staying over an extra weekend. That's not a residency. But they're calling a residency and I'm going with them.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 6: It's at the Coliseum in Caesar's Palace. Blake Shelton dot com for more details on that. And then you have your Friends and Heroes dates, which you are basically February to March.
Speaker 10: Yes, Friends and Heroes is, by the way, my favorite way to tour. It's gonna be hard to ever get me to go back to doing it another way because it's just so much fun.
Speaker 6: I mean, the shows are like, well, describe Friends and Heroes.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Well, what it is is it started I think five or six years ago, maybe even before that. I remember a specifically a conversation with Trace Atkins about seven years ago now and think about it, and I called him. I said, man, Trace, what are you doing like early next year, like February March? And I don't know why. And I said, well, ma'am, I want you to come out and tour with me, but I don't want you to like tour with me. I said, I want you to come out and sing with me during my show. Like I said, remember when when Uncle Cracker used to do that with Kenny Chesney, Like Kenny Chesney would go on stage and then you know, halfway through the show, Uncle Cracker would come out and they would sing.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 10: They had a when the Sun Goes down, and then Uncle Cracker would sing another hit or two of his you know. It was a big moment during the show. I said, I want you to come do that on my show because we had at the time Hill Billy Baum and he said, well, okay, I'll be your Uncle Cracker and so and so from there it was so much fun. The next year I had John Anderson, the Bellamy Brothers, uh, and then we did that for a couple of years, and then I ended up getting Tracy Bird and Martina McBride. I'm probably forgetting somebody, but we've done these tours now where we bring out different artists and they all come out during my show, you know. And so this this year we're having Craig Morgan, Trace Atkins and Dina Carter, which I'm very excited about.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 10: Dina Carter not so much. Craig or Trace, but.
Speaker 6: Like a legit hero, I know, I know, but I know him.
Speaker 10: I can't. I can't brag on him too much. We know each other too well.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 10: But Dina Carter, I mean, I guess if you we should look this up while we're here. But she has to had maybe top five biggest hits of the nine Strawberry Wine. I mean, it's got to be top five. I don't know how you measure those things. One of the biggest hits.
Speaker 6: I feel like Strawberry Wine was the number one.
Speaker 10: No, I'm saying of the entire decade of the all times, I would say decade top five, would you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's figure out that fun It was a huge rouge. I can't even that. The first song comes on, I hear for like three seconds of it, and I'm instantly teleported.
Speaker 10: To mysel It's unbelievable. Listen to it on and it bost crazy about that songs. It did that to you when it first came out, did it teleported you to back in time? And now it does it again in a different way when you.
Speaker 6: Hear it, Like even just thinking about it right now, I'm driving in my nineteen eighty six Bronco. What was your first car?
Speaker 10: I had a ninety four step side Chevy.
Speaker 6: Your first You turned sixteen, and it was a ninety four.
Speaker 10: No, no, niney, that's not true. Ninety two. It was a ninety two. It was a It was a step side GMC. My dad sold Pontiacs and GMCs. Oh see how a little yeah, yeah, I had.
Speaker 6: You had a new car. That's right, new car, I mean not. I mean not saying that your age would indicate anything.
Speaker 10: You're saying I grew up wealthy.
Speaker 6: No, I wasn't plying you had a newer car for sixteen. It was it was.
Speaker 10: It was bad ass. All my friends are super jealous of me.
Speaker 6: All right, Mike, we got the fact check on strawberry wine.
Speaker 1: It does not make the top ten of the nineties.
Speaker 3: It does not. It is not.
Speaker 6: It doesn't. What does any uh?
Speaker 10: What is number ten on that list?
Speaker 13: Number ten is man, I feel like a woman, Okay, and it's this kiss He's a little too Late, Chattahoochee, Boots, Scoot and Boogie, Don't Rock the Jukebox, The Dance, Friends in Little Places, and Achy Breaky Heart at number one.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 10: I can't argue with anything.
Speaker 6: They're all pretty good. Obviously Blake would have been on the list.
Speaker 3: But you you're fired. I'm sorry. I thought it was top five you were.
Speaker 6: I think you came on the map. What was Austin two thousand and one? Yes, yeah, because I instantly go back to being a Texas A and I'm hearing that song.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's where I was.
Speaker 10: Then are you really?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow? Are we going to go over every memory or you think you let him go?
Speaker 6: No, we're gonna let him.
Speaker 2: This door comes up in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: And I think you know, we don't want to share till then.
Speaker 10: She just got thrown right into the thank.
Speaker 2: You, Yes, but I mean he's got to get to the residency bacone.
Speaker 6: No, that's not until February.
Speaker 10: You're trying to throw me out of here. I've got a lot of more stuff I want to talk about.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, all right, well, yes, thank you, Blake. We always love seeing you, especially in person, because I feel like a lot of times it's on zoom when you know you're chatting with Bobby, So it's good every time it is. No, So that's why you and the flesh is I mean, I've finished my crossword over here, right, let's go all right, thanks like Blake Shelton, everybody, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 4: That is it for me this weekend. Friends, I hope you had a good time hanging out, maybe getting away from family for a little bit, whatever it may be. I'm happy that you were here. Please check out Part one and part three this weekend. Lunchbox came in on his day off just to do it, so do not miss it. And of course, if you've been hearing the hoodie drama Lunchbox and I and Part one we did.
Speaker 3: Talk about it. So there is that and all is good.
Speaker 6: I'll say that.
Speaker 4: Beyond that, you have to go listen for yourselves.
Speaker 6: Have a safe and.
Speaker 4: Happy rest of your holiday weekend. Eat those leftovers before they're done.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm getting out here.
Speaker 3: Goodbye.
Speaker 1: That's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 6: Show and follow ed web Girl Morgan
Speaker 1: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.