Speaker 1: To on remove Glum Deep speeds Peas DOSD from the Baptist Health Studio.
Speaker 2: This inside the Baptist Health Training Complex. This is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield.
Speaker 1: He's got my advans in the playoffs. One is up Dolphins and welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfilm and on today's show, we are off to the combine next week. Before that, let's go ahead and get our first look at the underclassmen in the post season setting. We're gonna go down a list of draft prospects, identify ten guys that stand out to me as potential fits for your Miami Dolphins, and most of them, nine of them are first or second round picks in that option area. From the Baptist Hill Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex. This is the Draft Time Podcast. Let's go ahead and kick this show off here with some thoughts and you know how every draft seems to take on a certain shape. I recall back in twenty twenty two, the draft being one where and this was due in large part to the absence of a top ten cornerback prospect, just one first rounder who probably goes in a training camp at best in a competition this year Kenny Pickett, but a draft where they said the talent was best from like one to fifteen and then again from like thirty five to seventy five or something like that. And in hindsight it does seem a little bit arbitrary to me. And look, I'm about to speak against my own living here. But the more draft study I do, just like the rest of football, the more I realized how much the hand ringing is pretty frivolous. I always pointing back to the Seahawks there, Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner, Richard Sherman draft class and how it was given an F on I think it was ESPN gave him an F following the draft or the twenty seventeen Saints class. I'll never forget a popular podcast I'll call him out the Around the NFL podcast criticizing the Saints as one of the biggest losers of the draft because they didn't address what their perceived needs for the Saints were, and that was the year they got Marshawn Lattimore, Ryan.
Speaker 2: Ram ram Trek, Alvin CARMERA.
Speaker 1: No, let's try that again, Marcus Latimore, Ryan Ramchek, Alvin Kamara, Marcus Williams, Trey Hendrickson, Alex Anzeloni, and al Kaden Muhammad literally all plus starters, and half of those guys are like all pro caliber players. It's literally the greatest draft class of all time. And that's most of the league. Right. We draw these grand conclusions for what will happen in September or January for that matter, from moves that happened in March with free agency, April, with the draft. Throughout training camp, we all build up this grand prediction, this grand this is who you are. And then we play like one or two football games and that changes, and then who that football team becomes in those couple of games change again come the holiday season.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Hell, collectively, we move mountains regarding opinions on players from one month to the next, from one week to the next, on some occasions, from one series to the next. In some situations, I recall reading tweets about the Dolphins answering every question about them in that Dallas game, And I take no pride in saying this, but how'd that turn out for you? The point is things change fast. Perceptions are altered quickly, Reality shifts.
Speaker 2: In a moment in this league.
Speaker 1: Now, that's the longest preamble into draft class strengths and weaknescis you'll ever hear. I will say, even though the exercise of what if truly is pointless at its core, I think the educational nature of it and the process that gives you a baseline or even just a jumping off point, I think there's a ton of value in that because you can reate, reference back to it and make your future evaluations, your future podcast, your game evaluations and skill sets and training camp reviews. You can reference back to how you felt prior to that player arriving in that positions. So you are gonna waste a lot of time on draft prep if you work for in my instance, for one single team that you're trying to nail these prospects down. But ultimately that work does pay off on the other side. But trying to predict it and then being steadfast and indignant in those predictions, that's where I think the disconnect comes from. Sometimes when you make your draft takes, you get clipped off for the intro of a Buffalo Bills podcast the Rock Pile Report, after you say, Josh Allen has skyscraper altering ability after they drafted him in twenty eighteen, and they're gonna build a new stadium.
Speaker 2: That was a spot on take.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you think Deon Jordan was the best pick in the entire draft. Yes, those are actually both takes of mine. A lot of you remember the twenty eighteen draft coverage. None of you know about my amateur scouting in twenty thirteen, when I thought I knew a lot didn't know much. And that mention of twenty thirteen is my five minute preamble. And to bring us back full circle to that opening line about the twenty twenty two draft class, I remember having this discussion at length the idea of using the first round draft pick that year on Tyreek Hill and then some but that was the gem of the package, right, or using a twenty twenty three first round pick on Bradley Chubb. And the twenty twenty three class was heralded as much more top heavy, a more talent laid in the first round than twenty twenty two was.
Speaker 2: But I also recall.
Speaker 1: Doing an exercise when we would have picked, there had already been six pass rushers off the board, So it becomes Bradley Chubb versus well, Miles Murphy went once bought ahead of the Dolphins. The next edge selected was Felix and aduque Uzama from the Chiefs, who barely played twenty five percent of the snaps this year. He was the sixth edge taken in that class. In Tyreek's year, the wide receiver after our spot was Christian Watson at pick thirty four. He was the seventh receiver taken. And so I felt the Dolphins really maximize those draft picks to produce talent on the field with immediate production, which should not be slided for a guy that takes a year to develop. If you get an extra year of production, that should count towards the cumulative weight of that move that you made.
Speaker 2: I mean, the NFL's best receiver.
Speaker 1: Right, Tyreek Hill, we think we all agree, or at least top three at minimum, and a guy who was top ten and literally every single pass rush category you can conjure up.
Speaker 2: So this year, this season, what is the pre.
Speaker 1: Draft balance in terms of talent, fit, positional strength, all of that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And I'm going to play some clips I think, I think on the Monday podcast from Daniel Jeremiah's Thursday press conference with a contingency of football schlubs like myself, football media slubs, I should say, and I want to play some of that, but I want to ask him about this because you know, he's going to talk about the strength in this class and everybody's going to talk about it all draft process long is across the offensive line, and that's where this entire opening segment kind of came from, is that everybody's going to tell you how good this O line is. And I want to revisit Daniel Jeremiah's Top fifty that he produced back in January and has since done mock draft. One point zero and two point zero inside the top fifty. This is what he has as far as offensive line prospects. Seven oh line in the top eighteen of the class, and they're all tackles. There's eight tackles inside his top fifty in general, but that's actually top thirty seven. There's three interior offensive linemen in the top fifty and they all check in between thirty three and thirty seven, with Graham Barton from Duke, who some think is the best un in the draft, Jackson Powers Johnson, who I think is possibly the best player in the draft. That's my opinion from Oregon and Zach Frazer from West Virginia, who's also a freaking stud. All three of those guys are awesome, awesome football players. That gives you eleven o line in the top fifty. And actually it's eleven in the top forty, or really thirty seven to be exact. So about every third or fourth player through the first thirty seven players, according to the NFL network's most prided or most flauded draft expert are offensive lineman. And what makes it even more interesting, I know you're thinking at home, right, what a perfect year to get some young, cheap, good.
Speaker 2: Offensive line talent. Right.
Speaker 1: It's and I'm saying this because it's tough, man. I mean, you look at the free agent offensive line market, and we talked about this all the time. Traditionally it produces awful return value for the investor you're paying. You're getting like thirty cents on the dollar for those players. It happens every single year. I've referenced. Kyle Krabs is a great research project on Lockdown Dolphins where he looks at guys that signed the big ticket, big tackle money, almost a big ticket money at in free agency and they produce at a level that is a fraction of what they were with their first team at a salary that's a much more than a fraction higher than what they're making previously. So you're really you're dipping into a horrible market. You're buying NFTs almost at that rate. Most of the time, the top line guys don't shake free, and that's why it's like this, right And when you get them into a new system with new teammates and a new coach, I'd say that the offensive line is where coaching and continuity are by far the most important, and it can be tough to replicate that success in a new environment. And that's played out with the free agent draft classes. I mean Mike McGlinchey last year. I remember all.
Speaker 2: You guys I talked about him too.
Speaker 1: That was the solution at right tackle, right before I find out Austin Jackson can actually play football, was to go get Mike McGlinchey at like fifteen million bucks a year. That was the probably one of the worst signings in the NFL last year, the Broncos of Mike McGlinchey.
Speaker 2: Just you know, that's how it goes.
Speaker 1: And look at Austin Jackson was a top ten right tackle last year. It's crazy how the sport goes man so like, and this is getting off the script at this point, but like, remember in the twenty twenty one draft, I don't remember many folks that were happy about Jayden Phillips being the pick over Naji Harris. It was absolutely the smart pick at the time going forward, and it still is. I remember that how many Dolphins fans thought that it was a horrible move to not take Nase Harris right there, who has been relegated to running back two in Pittsburgh, Like, I don't know, man in a position that's the cheapest in the league as well, and now you have one of the best young pass rushers on a rookie contract.
Speaker 2: You guys would have gotten fired for that. I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: So back to the tackle stuff, Tron has actually been a bit of an anomaly in terms of, you know, he's been franchise level when he's played. Now, injuries and availability has made that conversation different. But when he plays, he's probably a top four or five left tackle in the National Football League. So that means that every team is looking for offensive line help, right, you guys, know the top seeded Ravens, the team that leads the NFL and rushing every year, and that's part of their quarterback as well, but is often heralded for their offensive line play. Allow me to read you a passage from a tweet from one of their beat writers. This was Jeff Zubriac. Help I got that right?
Speaker 2: With it.
Speaker 1: Now looking unlikely that Kevin Zeitler will be back, it's become clear that slidifying the offensive line will be the will be the Ravens offseason priority. Left guard John Simpson is a pending free agent. Good player, by the way, that's me. He's talking Both tackles Stanley and Moses have age, injury and contact contract questions. It's basically linderbaum and question marks. So do you think they're alone in that regard?
Speaker 2: This is me talking good?
Speaker 1: How many teams on Let's just pick Daniel Jeremiah's mock does a list team needs?
Speaker 2: Who does?
Speaker 1: Let's see NFL dot Com. Chad Ruter has us here. Good job, so he's got every team's top five needs. And I'm not saying this is gospel, because like, who is Kuad? Even gotta see it?
Speaker 2: Who is Chad Ruter.
Speaker 1: You know, but I actually like Chad's works. I'm not saying that, but like he doesn't. I mean, his needs are not Gospel's what I'm saying. But I bet you can pinpoint about how many teams have offensive line listed in there, right.
Speaker 2: My guess is going to be twenty five spots. Let's go down the list.
Speaker 1: So the Bears, picking first, their top need is interior offensive line. The Commanders have an interior offensive line need at second pick. The Patriots third need, according to Chad Ruter, is offensive tackle. The Cardinals third need is interior offensive line. The Chargers fifth need is their center. That's close in franch We're gonna count it. The Giant's third need is iol. The Titans top need is tackle. We finally reach our top team that does not have offensive line on their top five needs, the Falcons. Then the Bears are up again.
Speaker 2: Then the Jets.
Speaker 1: Their top need is an offensive tackle. The Vikings a guard is their third. Their third biggest need another team without an offensive line need, according to Chad Ruter.
Speaker 2: The Broncos.
Speaker 1: They did sign two top market offensive lineman last year, and Ben Powers and Mike McGlinchey.
Speaker 2: By the way, the.
Speaker 1: Raiders have iol and ot as their second and third needs. The Saints have tackle as their third need. The Colts don't have an offensive line need. Three teams in so far don't have needs on the offensive line. The Seahawks interior o line is third, Jags guard second, Bengals tackle second, Rams no offensive line need really for sure with that. The Steelers tackle second, interior line third, Dolphins interior offensive line first. Eagles don't need the offensive line help Accord and Chad Ruter. Texans tackle top need. Cowboys tackle top need into your line third top need, Packers tackle second, best biggest need into your offensive line. Fourth biggest need, Bucks interior line, third biggest need Cardinals again. Buffalo Bills no offensive line need, and they got one thousand plus snaps from all five guys that will never happen again for them. The Lions guard second, Ravens we cover them offensive guard second on the list, Niners tackle third, and interior offensive line fourth, Chiefs third. Third need is a tackle team without a first round pick, Panthers interior offensive line, Browns offensive tackle. So how many teams didn't have offensive line as a top five need in that list? Twenty six teams had it in their top five. Twenty one teams had offensive line in their top three needs. Six teams had offensive line as the top need. Five teams have multiple o line spots as needs. So even when you have a loaded offensive line class, the math tells me, tells you, tells us a collective the Royal wi that there will be teams left without a chair when this music stops. Because, yeah, addressing and hitting five team needs might be unrealistic, but I think it is realistic to think you can fix three things on your football team in an offseason.
Speaker 2: And more than.
Speaker 1: Two thirds of the teams have offensive line listed among their top three needs.
Speaker 2: So pick twenty one. What's there? Who knows?
Speaker 1: But I know this offensive line class is one of the best we've ever seen just right now, right, but in three years it could not be.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 1: The receiver class also very very good, very very deep. That's been pretty common the last few years. I know the running back position and tight end spots are much more mid rounds this year opposed to what last year's crop offered. I know the quarterback crop is more widespread. I think we get an early run than a handful more that go throughout rounds one and two, where last year was just kind of the top guys than a big dearth there. There's better into your defensive line prospects than in years past, I would say, and the edge group continues to turn out a bunch of just adonses. Basically, I don't think the corner class is anywhere close to what it has been, but I really like the crop of safeties and nickels.
Speaker 2: There's some crossover there.
Speaker 1: That's the first segment, fifteen minutes, talking about what this draft features, some of my own thoughts on it, the offensive line group, how every team's offensive line help. Next, we'll come back and talk about the ten prospects that are my favorite as of today. On February twenty third, that's next for the Dolphins. By the way, Draft Time Podcast, your host Travis Wingfield.
Speaker 2: Brought to you back automation.
Speaker 1: Really enjoying putting together those kind of just Travis's thoughts segments. We haven't done that on the Draft Time Podcast for the last really since it began those more locked on Dolphins segments, but trying to get back to those roots because it's what I enjoyed to do.
Speaker 2: I think it's good content, and.
Speaker 1: I think you guys like it as well, So let me know if you agree or disagree or don't, whatever.
Speaker 2: You want to do. I'm not the boss of you. I'm not your father. I'm not God. That's a big old boss reference right there.
Speaker 1: So you guys know how my notes got a little bit less on the free agent list as that went on. This might be a little bit in the converse or maybe just randomly selected throughout because I talked about a few of these guys a lot recently.
Speaker 2: Just real quick.
Speaker 1: I have not done the quarterbacks yet. That's probably gonna be a March project. I haven't don the running backs yet because I just don't think we're in that market really and it's not a great class for it either. I will also remove the following players because I think they are locks, and there are never locks in the draft right but for the sake of not giving you ten guys that are probably gonna be before we pick anyways, here are the locks that I have that'll go off the board before the twenty first pick. Marvin Harrison, Junior Malik Neighbors, Rome Adunza, and Brock Bowers. For your skill players, Alu Fashanu from Penn State.
Speaker 2: I think I butchered.
Speaker 1: That I haven't heard his name pronounced before, Joe Alt, Amerius Mims, Talise Fuaga, Jared versus Dallas Turner, and that I think you could pencil in four quarterbacks that'll go top twenty, which gives us fourteen total players.
Speaker 2: That's a pretty good number for the twenty first pick.
Speaker 1: Right, you eliminate so many guys, and you say, here are eight guys that could be available seven picks before you pick, which means you're gonna get one of those guys. Right. So, but also this exercise is not limited to the first round. It is, however, limited the top two rounds except for my number ten guy. So that sounds confusing. But you'll be with me. You'll be good, You'll be all right. We'll hold your hand to this. And it starts with the man in the middle in organ is Sasquatch a potential nickname for this guy, just a three hundred and thirty pound creature perus in the beautiful forestry of the Pacific Northwest, just knocking down any object that gets in his way for the fun of it. It's Jackson Powers Johnson the Center from Oregon. If you just remove the position the value of said position as far as perception goes. All of that, I think there's an argument that Powers Johnson is the number one overall player in the draft. I mean, tell me, these following traits aren't everything you want in a high draft pick, a spot where you're looking to first nail down a surefire, long term starter. Right. You have to do that because if you don't, it sends a ripple effect throughout your franchise that impacts you negatively. The teams that hit on the first round picks typically have the best rosters. You need a guy to contribute for a long time also, right, and probably early. That's another thing that would be a first round pick is you want to contribute right away, but you also want that upside, which is probably the most important thing.
Speaker 2: This is where you take the best balls of clay. Right.
Speaker 1: However, the first part happens, but then they morph into a true realization of their potential.
Speaker 2: And that's what I think.
Speaker 1: JPJ is man find me some bad college tape, because there isn't much of his There.
Speaker 2: Just aren't really holes in his game.
Speaker 1: I feel very comfortable saying I know the floor I'm getting with this player that's number one. Number two, the love of the game, the mindset, the approach, all of that is there, and sometimes there's guesswork there. But it doesn't take more than a few snaps to watch this guy just after the snap the things he does, to see the passion that JPJ plays with. I said it before, I'll say it again. He reminds me of Christian Wilkins. Number three. The upside is absolutely abundant. I mean, if he was just three hundred and fifteen pounds doing the stuff that he does, that would be impressive. But damn it, man, you're giving me an extra thirty pounds, three hundred and thirty right on top of all that. Usually the concession at this position is we might just not be able to rely on dominance in pass pro one on one. You know Jordan Davis who goes three hundred and forty pounds and moves like he does, or to and Andre Sweat, the Texas d tackle at three hundred and sixty two, who can also move and put you on your butt if you're a three hundred and twenty pounds center or three hundred and ten pounds center like most of these guys are Jpg's three thirty be one of the biggest hitars in the National Football League, and he can also play guard too, So like, there's every argument for this guy to be a high draft pick. I think if he was a different position, he'd be a top ten, maybe top three pick. Because he's a center, we might get a chance on him at twenty one. Every year, every year I can look at a few players and say, I just can't fathom that this guy doesn't work out as a great player. That's JPG this year. Number two is like that for me as well. And outside linebacker from UCLA Laatu Latu. I'm not at all privy to what the timeline our expectations are with either JP or Beachubb or Gink for that matter, ahead of his pending free agency and their recoveries. But if you think you're gonna be without those guys for X amount of games and you need pass rush production right now, this is probably the best option for it. And you guys know, I hate the idea of drafting that way, but this provides you the benefit of scratching the itch right there, so to speak, but also planning for the future. I know the initial reaction is going to be the need not being a top priority, and I get it, but man, I don't care. Take good football players. You'll thank yourself three years down the road. This dude is a great football player. He's built like JP. Doesn't have quite the explosiveness that JP had coming out, but he's far more polished than JP was. I don't think that he'll be here when we draft, but Daniel Jeremiah has n't done on mock draft now, kind of like JP. There is some injury history that could knock his value down. Is why I think he has a chance to be there at pick twenty one. But JP had no business being eighteenth in the draft, right lucky. Yes. The way that he can and this is a law to again, The way that he can seamlessly pivot into a secondary rush after his first move fails or it looks like he's not gonna get pushed. He's been doing this at this level for like a decade plus, Like it looks like that, Like I get excited just thinking about it. He's a combination of power, quickness, and it means I think I could kick him inside like JP does or dropping coverage and be effective. He just has a feel and knack for the game man Like listen, I think we have the best edge rush tanem and football and two and fifteen.
Speaker 2: But that's how.
Speaker 1: Much I love lat too. Would not hesitate to make this pick if he's on the board right there.
Speaker 2: I doubt he does.
Speaker 1: But also, shouldn't your top players be guys you think could go earlier. That kind of tracks to me. I will just never scoff at the idea of drafting a premium position in the first round, even if it isn't a pressing need, especially in the back end of the first round where the money is not what it is in the top ten and it becomes a very cheap player for four or five years. Because I think it would be wise to assume that JP is going to be here a long time and Bradley Chubb isn't going anywhere anytime soon. But he is twenty eight this summer and coming off a second tour in ACL. I think he probably has, you know, five really good years at least in his tank. But when you pay you know, JP in a year or two and he's on the wrong side of thirty Chubb is that's when you then shift your money around to keep yourself flexible. Right, JP becomes what Chubb is now. A lot too becomes what JP is now, and you do that again four years after that, Rinse and repeat, Baby, the cycle never stops.
Speaker 2: Leat two. Latsu a phenomenal football player. Number three.
Speaker 1: He's a guy you've heard me talk about a lot Roman Wilson, the receiver from Michigan. He's a lot like Wattle and Tyreek in the way he sets up his sprouts. Man, He's lean, has some nuance, those little head nods, and perfect footwork explosion. I think the best feet in the entire class. The speed that he has plays on crossers, on double moves. You can design plays specifically for him in the screen game and run game for us. We already have two of those, probably now three with Hm. But you can never get enough of those guys. There's just a professional tact there as well. He makes a lot of his money on motion where he can manipulate the defender before the snap, and he's great after it as well. With that pacing of his movement, he can just like kind of throttle you down, but accelerate when he needs to. He knows how to use what gears, but he also has sub four to four speed to boot. I mean that's how I would describe reek and waddle and what's better than you know, two of them, but three of them. I talked about him a ton on the podcast Big Fan. But one more thing I've heard since I last mentioned him here on Drag Time is that he grew up in Maui, Hawaii, Maui to be exact, but he went to Saint Louis High School. That's two was high school on Oahu, and for the first month of his freshman year, he woke up at four am to fly to the island of Wa Hoover School in football practice. His dad worked at Alaska Airlines, so we got free flights. Do you remember when you were fourteen years old? I mean on a weekend, you couldn't get me out of bed before eleven am. If you told me that Dan Rena and King Griffrey Junior were out in the front yard tiding autographs for just Travis like I was sleeping, not Roman Wilson.
Speaker 2: He was grinding.
Speaker 1: I put number three. I don't have a number four because I have two guys at number three. They tie right here. It's another wide receiver. I have him deadlocked. Malachai Corley from Western Kentucky in a deadlock. I'm hoping India gives me some type of separation around these two guys. And man, they are such different players too. I'm a speed queen.
Speaker 2: I said it. That's why I listened to Roman first.
Speaker 1: But this is the kind of player I'm most intrigued by because there's springs in his shoes, with exceptional acceleration, dynamic deep threat ability, but the physicality to beat in thwart press coverage.
Speaker 2: He engages.
Speaker 1: He swempes your hands off the press, he gets into the route. He takes everything like physically personally like don't touch me, don't touch me. He dominates the hand fight up the stem, takes press coverage and tacklers like in a personal offense, a personal attack on him, and he steam rolls guys in either capacity. He's five foot ten two ten, No five foot ten two fifteen. Sorry, he plays like DK metcalf and he runs four fours.
Speaker 2: I don't think he'll be there.
Speaker 1: In the second round, but I don't think he will either, So I like the way he steps up into the end of the stem or the simultaneous stab to come back to the football. Then just snatches it like, doesn't let the hands, take the dB to the football, doesn't let the ball and do his chest plate to eat him up like this is my dude, and he runs like he's just Matt at the world. With how much we preach position fluidity and line waddle or reakup in the backfield the receivers out, why whatever, It just seems like Corley is a perfect option. Those are my top four players right there. Let's go ahead and take our last break on the podcast right there, come back on the other side and do players five through ten. That's next Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Winkfield, brought to you by Ada Nation. Number five on Travis's February twenty third Top ten Favorite Draft Prospects List Extravaganza Podcast Special Extraordinary Episode seven forty one is is tackle guard combination. Troy Fatanu from Washington think larry MYE. Tunzel in terms of how this could help the team immediately and long term. Know not that you're going to get quarterback compensation when you trade him, but rather that I think that he could be your starting left guard as a rookie, and then if Tehran were to retire after this season, You've got your left tackle in twenty twenty five ready for duty, kind of the same way that I think powers Johnson Jackson Powers Johnson could potentially be a two position guy right away like that. There's a benefit of doing that early in the draft with these offensive linemens. So for him, I mean, I've talked about him at length. Exceptional, exceptional movement skills and striking and grip strength and ability to attach to the second level and to mirror pass rushers and shut down the top rushers in the country one v one the slide protection away this guy. I like him a lot more than the rest of the nation or the rest of the draft. Cognacenti does. But I think there's a chance he's there at twenty one, and I would not be at all upset he's the pick. I expect him to be near the top of the offensive line group in Indianapolis when he works out with all of his metrics there. So keep an eye on Troy Potanmu from Washington.
Speaker 2: Number six. We're going to the other side of the ball now. Defense.
Speaker 1: Second defender on my list here is linebacker Jeremiah Trotter, Junior from Clemson. He's the ideal stack, see it, scrape it hit a linebacker Like if you want to have a guy that can be a stout run defender in light boxes but also help you simulate pressure that type of defense, this is your guy. And then what is one of the hardest things to find, slash something. The teams that were in the final four sort of have as good as anybody else in the National Football League this year. It's that linebacker that can fit the run but also get vertical and defend those deep hook and curl throws. Fred Warner and Dre Greenlaw, Nick Bolton, Drew Tranquil and Willie Gay, Rokwan Smith and Patrick Queen, Jack Campbell who the lines were Lambassett for drafting last year, which was dumb because he's a good player and it was a good pick.
Speaker 2: And alex Anzeloni Trotter is that type of player. He plays.
Speaker 1: He can help you play in light boxes, run that vertical three cut off digs in behind him, while also playing downhill on checkdowns and a scrambling quarterback. I mean twenty eight pressures one hundred and two reps last year thirty seven stops on two hundred and sixty nine rundown reps, a passer rating against in his career of seventy point two one touchdown, four picks and eleven plays in the football. His junior year was even better, twenty three pressures, one hundred reps, forty six stops on two hundred and fifty seven rundowns, and a forty four point five passer rating allowed. He is a good looking prospect. We're gonna go stay in the south down here and go number seven onterior offensive lineman Cedric Van Pran from Georgia. I think there's a lot of cross over here in terms of what he does well and what the offensive line that have played well in our system do. He's a plus athlete. He's six foot four, three hundred and ten pounds. This is why JPJ is so unicorn. Man three thirty is crazy, that's the listed way. I'm curious see what he weighs in Indianapolis. He has great pop and get off, and that shows conviction of what he's doing, like he knows what he's doing and where he's going and how to get there, and he matches that with strong, aggressive hands. He operates very well out in space. Started forty plus games there for Georgia and played a lot of playoff football. Right thirty of those starts where at center of the rest were at guard, so more position versatility on the offensive line. He was a three sports star and his track team in high school kind of does it all. He's very technically sound. He's well coached in understanding leverage and blocking angles where he can pin and anchor and open up a gap and man scheme, but also hit moving targets out wide. I think the scheme versatility is ultimately what you look for there. The ability to do the bread and butter stuff on first and ten, but also, hey, we have to go win and push this pile in a phone booth on third and two.
Speaker 2: Go do it. He can do that too.
Speaker 1: You know the fan base and it's not just you, guys. I've seen it with every damn team has JPJ and their mocks in one shape form or another. Just remember, with a prospect like that and everybody loves him, you're not guaranteed to get ums. I want you guys to know that there are some really good interior offensive line prospects in this class. I think Graham Barton and Zach Frazier are also in that cat discussion right now. As round two guys, if not round one, I think this is probably your next best bet, though, Cedric Van Prant, who knows he could blow the doors off Indian, get into the first round himself. Number eight back to defense. Shaw Smith Wade a cornerback from you gotta wain in the day for Crimson and Gray. Shaw Smith Wade as feisty as I'll get out, which is a non negotiable for the slot. Right He's here to mess up your day. And mess up your day is not the word I would use. It's a different word if it was not a family friendly podcast.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: The nice thing about c CSM that's the first one I've called him that is I think that his best position is inside in the pros, But if you're in a pinch as the Dolphins have been the last two years at various spots of the season with your cornerback depth and injuries, he can play on the perimeter. It's not like a k Co situation where I thought he played a lot better inside than on the outside. I probably would go with boundary over the field the short side, but he's positioned diverse. I wonder if somebodyn think of him as the safety the next level. But his propensity, it's a re route play from trail, compete all the way at the stem to Capplitz to fit the run. With all of that and his choppy feet that helps him jump, leverage, absorb, lean and stay unencumbered by contact to run the stem without getting tangled. Is why I like this player so much. I'm staying in the PAC twelve for number nine and going with safety Cole Bishop. I was shocked to pull up ESPN's big board and find their number one ranked safety is a former Washington State Cougar cocko Stayden Hicks.
Speaker 2: Check him out.
Speaker 1: He's a great player and he would be on here if I just didn't want to go to Homer.
Speaker 2: I think he's the best in the class.
Speaker 1: But for the sake of not going full Homer, I mean, this list already has pre eminently last year's best conference foot right the former PAC twelve.
Speaker 2: It was the best conference last year.
Speaker 1: I thought you can kind of tell the types of players I like just going through this podcast, so fine story here for you guys, And this is gonna sound bragecdotis, but I promise you it's not the point so like your boy was really good at FIFA and Madden as a kid.
Speaker 2: In my adult years too so good. I never lost games.
Speaker 1: I had an online account for like Madden O eight or something like that, and I was like ninety two and thirteen. I guess I did lose sometimes. And the reason I don't I never lost my friends, my brother in person.
Speaker 2: I always wipe the floor of those guys.
Speaker 1: And the reason I i is is that I saw things a little bit quicker than your normal player on the sticks and FIFA it's a big deal, like through balls and you know, you know, trying to score goals.
Speaker 2: It's all about anticipation.
Speaker 1: I went to one of our videographer's houses before the Super Bowl and he was playing Madden with another videographer, and I was having anxiety watching these guys because they never saw the man open the way I was like, throw.
Speaker 2: It to axe. He's why open?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? It's the first readio progression, Like I don't know, I'm doing it like never. I bet Bishop would destroy me in FIFA and Madden. That's where this all leads to. He's so quick to see it. It's holland Like now that said, he's a little more athletically like Brandon Jones, and he's awesome down in the box, but he can really match up on tight ends a lot better than I thought twenty nine did with that knack and feel and the right combination of physicality. He loves to stick his face and the fan of the running game Cole Bishop fun fun player and number.
Speaker 2: Ten outside of the top two rounds.
Speaker 1: Here is an f tight end that I'm curious about from Minnesota, Brevian span Ford. He's kind of my guy in terms of, you know, this is a lot of NFL scouting meetings. The area scouts that are gonna make their cases for guys are typically valuable intel for priority undrafted free agents, and Brevin span Ford probably goes on day three.
Speaker 2: But this is the guy that.
Speaker 1: I'm bringing in the table like Moneyball, Like we get these guys here, which you about how to play Oakland a baseball and that's how we do it, Billy like, Brevian span Ford looks the part of a Dolphins tight end. He's athletic as hell, he's got some blocking chops too, and damn it if he doesn't remind me of Sam Laporter the way he runs the football. He's six foot seven to two seven at least on their website, PFF has him with five point seven yards average after the catch. He had one hundred and thirty one yak this year, two forty six last year, one sixty four in twenty twenty one. Over those three years, ninety five grabs for one thousand, sixty one yards and seven touchdowns. He had three years prior to that where he didn't play at all the pandemic. He was one of those weird, you know, pandemic extension players.
Speaker 2: But he's been playing powerful.
Speaker 1: Football for six years, which kind of I think accelerates the development timeline there a little bit.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: That's my top ten players right now that I like for the Miami Dolphins at various spots in the first second and late in the draft rounds. There, let's go ahead and get out of here again. Monday's podcast, so Daniel Jeremiah clips from his news conference.
Speaker 2: We will preview the combine.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna talk about the freaks on that workout surface and what they're about to do. A lot coming your way from India. I also have interviews with Daniel Jeremiah. I've got Jordan reed and I got Matt Miller on there you guys, Matt Miller fans on the podcast run Down. Here we'll hear from head coach Mike McDaniel and Chris Greer as well.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a fun next week. Check us out in the podcast.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, you all please be sure to subscribe to the podcast on Apple, Spotify, students, stitch your tuned in wherever you get your podcast from. Go ahead and do that and leave us a rating and interview. You can follow me on social.
Speaker 2: At lule NFL, follow the team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the fish Tank podcast with.
Speaker 1: My guys at Set the Juice. Check out the YouTube channel for media availabilities. Go back and check out into a tongue of my little breakdown you dingus. Go ahead and check out the Miami Dolphins dot com page as well.
Speaker 2: And that is all for me, Carolina and Cameron. Daddy, He's coming home.