Speaker 1: Hey everyone, welcome back to another episode of fut Around and find out.
Speaker 2: I'm here with my girl Ashanti. How you doing, girly? So much has happened. We have a special guest coming. I'm really excited for this episode. Yes, lots to talk about today.
Speaker 1: Let's start with Kava. Is it Kapa a kiva? Just tava? Who says Cava? You said Cava? No no, no no.
Speaker 2: Not me, but as someone who has not enjoyed Kava yet.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, when you look at it, it could be anything. Okay, sure, sure we'll entertain Kava Kava.
Speaker 2: Tell me about it, because there was some tweets going around that I'm going to read after you tell me about your experience.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, I always get scared, so I don't never know. People say some crazy stuff. Cava was so much fun. We did a shoot and then I got to go to one of their stores and I got to well, first there was like little meet and greet actions, so I met some people who took some pictures. That nice, and then I got to make some bowls. I have an easy footbowl coming out soon actually in March, and the tournament starts, so it'll be on the menu. You can order it online in the app, but I got to make the bowl, and that was I was really nervous. Like that's a lot of pressure that I got a whole line of people, so like that definitely gave me some more respect for the workers at Kava and at any place where it's like an assembly line you can order your food and pick what you want. Definitely reminded me to have some more patients, even when I'm like borderlining hungry, like, still have some patients. You know, are you allowed to tell us what's in this cava bowl? Yeah? I do? Okay, I do. I'm nervous, so I like my bowl. I love my bowl. Okay. I do the brown rice and power Greens super greens. I forget what they're the mix of greens is, but it's green and grainble. And then I do for my sauces, I do Kazeki red pepper hummus and crazy feta, and then I do for my protein, the Harisa honey chicken and the soup potatoes, and then topping the tomato and onion pickled onion cucumbers and the pita chips, the crispy pita chips. And then for my dressing. I do with the garlic dressing, and I do the garlic dressing on another dressing, and then I get a side of the pita chips as well. That sounds good, girl, like I'm because I'm surprised you obviously not real stud would be in my bowl and add to the venue, please.
Speaker 2: No wall jokes. Side that sounds like really good. So minus the chicken. I absolutely will try it when it drops in March.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, you'll have to give me your honest feedback on it. I got some good reviews from people. They could have been lying to me and they wanted to make me feel good, but I'm gonna tell you the truth. I do also want to, you know, empower and uplift you. But if it tastes crazy, I'm not going to lie.
Speaker 2: Please don't please, I got you. So let's read some of these kava thirst tweets. Barbara's version her at name is like sac b A B I A Z looks so pretty to picture of you at the like you know, behind the serving spread. Sometimes living in New England is fun because what do you mean? Azy fudge just made my kava on a random Thursday.
Speaker 1: It was gonna random. It was like three on a Thursday. Why not? Yeah, why not? And I did love my hair makeup that day, so thank you. You look so pretty.
Speaker 2: Thank you good natural glam. And I love my ponytails so yes, and the curls is popping. The braids look nice going into the ponies.
Speaker 1: Dail, I'm so Claar and Haley. Guys are the best. Thank you. Yes, that's the team. Okay, the squad, the glam Squada.
Speaker 2: Next one from C thirty five at name g l a z z I thirty five lazy, mad funny, mad funny.
Speaker 1: I'll eat whatever she puts in my Kappa bowl. Man, I'm down.
Speaker 2: I have to see in those dough eyes or seeing that doe eyes. But as you also behind, just looking like like into the care like into their their eyes, trying to serve them their bone.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Okay, Girley, So senior night just happened. How are you feeling. I'm feeling good. I'm feeling extremely grateful, extremely loved, extremely blessed, proud, all of those words a little in my feels. I'm going to be more of my feels later this week, I think, or not later this week. I'm going to give it one more day to you know, like process, reflect, be appreciative, and then Senior Day is amazing. It gives you a chance to reflect and be grateful. But it's not the end of our season. It's not our last home game. I understand, yes, going Mart, Yes, so we are fortunate enough to you know, get to continue our season. So it's not that we still have more work to do, more games to take care of, more business to handle, but it is. It was a super special day. So thank you for being a part of it and making it special anytime. Girl, you know, I'm here to support you.
Speaker 2: Honestly, being in the stands watching it was so emotional.
Speaker 1: And you know, I've only been a part of the ride for a year. Oh my gosh, it's been almost a year. Where's time flying?
Speaker 2: But yeah, a couple months really locked in and watching and so I was feeling emotional. So I can't even imagine people who have seen you from the beginning and then getting to experience you know, your senior night times two.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was. It was beautiful and I just feel so proud, honestly, thank you. So of course, girl.
Speaker 2: You're going into March. March madness. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, just excited, excited for every opportunity I get with this team to step on the floor, whether it's the practice stour or game time. I feel like it's really starting to wind down and come to and then just reminds me like the clock's ticking, like I only have so many more of these opportunities with this team, So you got to go out and give it your can't hold back. I can't hold anything back, leave anything out there. Come on.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for you. You guys got this and I for sure will be to a day. So speaking of you know, going to march with somebody, you have a special teammate joining us today.
Speaker 1: We have the one and only logup big Fish, Kalise Fisher whatever you want to call her. Man.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy, bro, finally here, Kalise Fisher on the pod.
Speaker 1: Finally girl.
Speaker 2: We have been waiting for this episode. I just know your fan base is going crazy. Everybody's been waiting, but it's finally here and we're excited to have you. So thanks for coming on, Kalise.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you. Yeah. Actually, Calise even mentioned reference brought up, talked about many times thought, so listeners, anytime you hear us talk about Colice, probably talking about someone annoying and probably talking about yeah, little fish, little gosh, someone who's also funny. This is who we're talking about reference, So I only her favorite. I didn't see that. Okay. Anyways, Well, Caalise, do you want to address it?
Speaker 2: Because you have come on quite a bit and on social media you've definitely been like it's your time to shine now, so you want to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Let's start with the cooking. I cook cooked? Can I not cook?
Speaker 1: Or you remember that? Yes? I remember that Colase can cook. She's already cooking.
Speaker 3: I'll really be chefing it up and she'd be coming back for seconds. Third four She made some tackles not so long ago. She came eight too, said good night, left the run for like an hour, back for more.
Speaker 1: They were good, very good. I'll give her that, okay, Ma tacos? Anything else?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I don't cook every time it takes you long?
Speaker 1: Anything else you want to address?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: You know it's so many like I kind of just let it slide. But good for you would be mature? Yeah, wow, you're growing up? Man? What can I say? I'm crying.
Speaker 2: All right, let's educate the people a little bit more about you. Tell us about where you're from.
Speaker 1: I'm from Baltimore.
Speaker 3: I grew up there, was born there. I went to IMG Academy for my high school, and then I chose my college, which is because it always been my dream school since I was a kid.
Speaker 1: So you're so cute, I know, right, they already learn.
Speaker 2: I cannot wach o'all too. Okay, growing up in Baltimore, you always want to go to Yukon.
Speaker 1: Why how did you know? When was the moment?
Speaker 3: Honestly when I sang their Winning Street? There was always a winning team, a lot of championships. I always sold my mom, like I want to get coached by coach you know.
Speaker 2: So who were you watching back then when you were like, this is the winning Street? Because like, Yukon has been winning since forever. So who are the players that you like, looked up to or liked watching?
Speaker 1: I like Maya more.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know that's way before my time, but like I was going on YouTube watching highlights and all that stuff, so that was kind of like who I grew up watching Diana Tarassi in autumn A couple of easy but I ain't gonna give her all that.
Speaker 2: Listen, we do have some og pictures of you two. I don't know, maybe you were committed to Yukon, but there are a couple of pictures I've been floating around of YouTube before you got there.
Speaker 1: I love you so happy.
Speaker 2: This is this is her child, this is this is what the fans we call it.
Speaker 1: And you guys are family family emergency in that reaction at senior night. But we're not gonna get into that yet.
Speaker 2: But before we get into that, tell me Kalise about your visit, your official visit to U Kant.
Speaker 1: It was a blast. I would definitely say it was a blast.
Speaker 3: I got to see them work out and practice, very competitive, very competitive. They took me to their apartments to go hang out with them, listen to some music, watch the TV, and kind of chilled the whole time. Got to see, like connect with them, see how everybody was. Everybody's together like a family, like they sit together on and.
Speaker 1: Off the course.
Speaker 3: So that was kind of what I was looking for. But I had a lot of fun, got to see first night and all that made me come back a couple of times.
Speaker 1: So okay, so is everything you would have imagined.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's definitely the same. I say every day for like my official visit here. What's fun. You gotta make Ukon fun.
Speaker 1: You literally have to. That's my job. That's why I do go annoy her and everybody else. Make them laugh. Job definitely makes do a good job with tet them. Listen up.
Speaker 2: You got to me as you know, before you even walked on campus and was a part of the team, and then you got to meet her initially and now it's been I don't even know how many months, six seven, eight, Tell me how your relationship has developed.
Speaker 1: Man, I went for ben. I ain't gonna lie. I was a fan I wanted I wasn't. We all know. See, this is why you can't give her no compliment. You can't see nothing. We already do that anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, any cool, I've been a fan of A's for a minute.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: And then like actually plan basketball and being able to go to these camps and then see her at the Steph Curry camps too. I actually tried to like talking to her like she I didn't she was so like antisocial, low key, like it wasn't really like a conversation felt forced, like I was like, okay, but as I got here, you know, we got closer. Now she loves me and everything and we have a lot of fun and now I just bother her and she forced me to.
Speaker 1: Have some steps.
Speaker 2: Skin like we skip some steps. So yeah, so okay, you were a fan. I like they that went straight to being cool. What happens to the very beginning part before y'all got cool?
Speaker 3: That's kind of how awkward I know how to talk the efforts. I was like, it was a little awkward.
Speaker 1: Why why was it awkward? It was it felt like.
Speaker 3: It was hard to talk to aide, Like she's not the type of person to come walk up and talk to you so ezy.
Speaker 2: What is it like though, because I feel like, you know, correct me if I'm wrong, But usually newer people you're a little bit like you know rightfully, so more distant or you know, you think through whether you want to expand your energy into getting to know them.
Speaker 1: Is it true this is your process? Like all you know You're like, no, no, no, it's not how this works. It's not true. It's not how everyone. I just like with new people, like it takes a second to warm up for both parties to get comfortable, and then you get to see like at first it's like okay, like this person's cool, and then it's like, oh, now I see the truth side of them, Like now they're crazy, Now they're goofy know, they're silly, Like I love all of them, right. Callise is the kind of person though, where like you kind of yeah, like you were like I'm scared, Like I feel like we missed the beginning steps. That's that's literally how it went. Like I would walk into my apartment, she'd be there. I'd be somewhere else, she'd be there, and it was like I didn't really have a choice in this friendship. It wasn't he was forced. I was very much forced.
Speaker 4: And it's worked out and we have like a very honest friendship where I'd be like all right, Calise, like leave, yeah, she worse, stay kicked me.
Speaker 1: I have room like coming she stay kicking her out of my room? Mind you, She's in there from as soon as she gets back chill bedtime. So it's not like a, oh, you never want to hang out with me. We're always together. We're all So we did get close pretty fast. I was not expecting to. I know I was gonna like you, but we didn't think I was gonna like you this much. Just that person. Everyone likes her because she's so fun to be around. She's great energy. Yeah for sure, until her step kicking me out like it hurts my feelings. We only got girl. She not listening to me, child, get out her room. That's what you need. Time I have with you forty three No it's more than forty three d but like forty three days. That is so sad. So she can't kick me out nowhere? No, yeah, I wouldn't because you guy like a little bit too more time left, and that's what you say to me every time. It is okay, please, you have to go to the store with me. We only have forty three days left. After forty three days or old, you're not going to go to the store with me anymore. You have to and it works. Guilty little things be a little thing. Yeah, like this morning she came to the gym and shot with me before the pod. I love that. That's good. I remember early days. I was like, listen, you guys are freshman.
Speaker 2: You need to pick your senior and gleam from whatever advice they've been through everything that you're going to go through.
Speaker 1: And so I love that this worked out. Now we have to learn how to apply that advice. Yo, that's the nice stuff. Just gonna let that one sit. Okay, So let's talk about senior night.
Speaker 2: Oh so I definitely want you both to talk about, you know, the days leading up to it, and then the actual event, and then I'll talk about my perspective as someone who just watched from the outside.
Speaker 1: I was in denial. I'm just gonna say that. Now. What happened to tell us about the days before?
Speaker 3: You know, everybody was like you're gonna cry, You're gonna cry. I'm like, I'm not gonna cry. I'm just gonna be blinking a lot. But as like the days got closer, Yeah, I said, I'm just gonna stand up. I'm just gonna be like this. But as the days got closer, I was like, all right, I'm gonna cry because I.
Speaker 1: Could feel it.
Speaker 3: And then like I allowed to you not the day before it really hit me when I want to go decorate her room and like put the balloons in air and everything I put, like, what was it?
Speaker 1: The people?
Speaker 3: Princess at easy foot thirty five and like, oh her healthy snacks, just like yeah, healthy snacks and like the stuffed animal. And I was like I could cry right here right now and then say your night.
Speaker 1: Just it was a mess. Bro, They're gonna cry just thinking about it. No, you should. You should know.
Speaker 3: It was so bad that Sarah Williams like after we went to the locker room.
Speaker 1: I was like, I go to the locker room now. And I went in there and then.
Speaker 3: I actually started balding even holler and Sarah it was like, Calice, it's over, Like it's not. You just don't want to stay, like you're not going. It was so bad. I really had to lock it.
Speaker 1: She was like lock him. I'm like, all right, I'm locked. I was not locked, mind you. I will say, having been on both sides of it now, it's definitely a lot. I feel like I felt a lot more emotional being the underclassman, Like it hits a lot harder. Like it' not that doesn't hit hard for us, but it's like, I don't know, I yeah.
Speaker 3: It's so bad because I looked right at her and my face broke down so bad.
Speaker 1: I'm really enjoying looking at all the pictures of you crying though.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, you have some viral moments of you breaking down.
Speaker 1: KK holding you.
Speaker 2: Anothering one where I think you were both looking at easy walk through like the Little Tunnel.
Speaker 1: But yeah, asy for you.
Speaker 2: Tell us what senior night, what that looks like for you from your perspective.
Speaker 1: Senior night was amazing. I felt so incredibly loved, Starting with the night before, lat decorated my room, got me my healthy snacks. I have some abs and salt. It was very very sweet of her and thoughtful. And then to see they decorated, everyone decorated the locker room and got us little baskets of pictures and just a lot of cute, thoughtful things personal to us, and it was it was just so sweet. I got a bunch of handwritten notes and I haven't read them yet because I know that will make me bowmb eyes out. Something's gonna read them tonight, Igine, I couldn't. Yeah, I read it last night and then I fall asleep, So I think tonight because I'm going to be in my fields. But like, seriously, you're just you feel so love and full of gratitude and appreciation for what these last, at least for me with these last five years look like and it's not. It's your teammates, but it's also the coaches, and then being at the game, it's the fans, the student section, the Vansuli. Just being a part of this is so special. Oh so thanks for making it, secial, Kalise, and oh stop, Clise. What are you gonna miss the most? About easy cook? But Che's green being mouthpiece FaceTime every time she shooted three and some might contests and it just goes in just stop. Oh man, wait, what are you gonna miss the most? Probably you yelling at me and telling me shut up and get out. Khalise, I never tell you to shut up. That's not nice. I would never say that to you. Not the people's princess. No, we don't believe you. What Oh my god, that can't be what you're gonna miss. Most of the people tell you that too.
Speaker 3: No, no, I would say, you're definitely number one.
Speaker 1: And then Sarah, you're gonna miss our movie nights and you're gonna miss not the scary movies, just coming up and sitting in my room in my apartment and bothering I'm gonna miss that. You're gonna miss my sparkling water. You're gonna miss You're gonna miss postgame writing back with me, make me, making you lift and recover with me. You're gonna miss of us singing, and I'm gonna miss dancing. I just forgot about that. Wait, what's the song poison?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's central like it was so long ago, but it's like a whole game video.
Speaker 1: Dance, and we was teaching her. She actually put some rhythm off of it, so you know, we're still working. It's a work in progress. I can't wait to see the final product. I don't. Yeah, I think it'll to be a work in progress. Okay, I pray, just don't lose it. Don't use rhythm. I'm not going to because you're gonna visit me in the summer, Yes, take care. Lessons will continue and then I'll visit you guys when the season's over in the fall, winter or whatever. Lessons will continue and then, yeah, unless you forget about me, I would never.
Speaker 3: I think what I really really gonna is is like when you leave your apartment and you come back and there's a fish in your bed.
Speaker 1: I hate when there's a fish on I hate when I come home there's a fish in my bed. Well, at least a fish is eating grapes and doing homework, because why is there? Why is there a fish in my bed? I'm gone for an hour, I leave. Why do I come back to a fish in my bed eating and a fish, a dirty fish eating? Whoa dirty? The listeners talking about the outdoor clothes on the fish. Now, you know, Captain, she don't even how she knows about was outdoor. She was gone.
Speaker 2: You know, we all played dirty outside clothes on the back.
Speaker 3: It was never dirty, it was always clean, and rushed my grates off and everything did she.
Speaker 1: I was clean too, and I was doing homework and being real studious. And you know what she did.
Speaker 3: She came here, took up pictures, didn't even say nothing. The first thing she went to go do was get her some grease food. More than it was as.
Speaker 1: Here, I'm gonna miss stealing your food.
Speaker 3: I don't know why she did that. She literally could have her own food, and I could ask her if she wants something. She would say no and didn't take minds because I guess mine is better or whatever.
Speaker 1: You also have your own. And yet I was lonely. I was, and I went up there and go check on her and she wasn't there.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so we have some little fun questions that our producers brot.
Speaker 1: First, one favorite food spot on campus Domino bro Let's. Girl eats Domino's for breakfast. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: It like three times a week, but three times a week. That was the start. The start was really bad. We're talking about improvement.
Speaker 1: I stop. Her diet has gotten better.
Speaker 3: I haven't hit domino since yesterday. Before yesterday, I haven't had it for a couple of months. Today I haven't had it for like a couple of months.
Speaker 1: I was closed. The months I think is also extreme, but it had been a minute. It was been a couple of months.
Speaker 2: If you take anything from Azy, I need you to take her diet at least during the season.
Speaker 1: Okay. I actually tried, and I didn't last twenty four hours and.
Speaker 3: It was it was on a snow bad you know. It was on a snow day. I didn't go shopping for no food. And she had me try to like what it called ants on a log, like celery with peanut butter and all that, and I was like, it.
Speaker 1: Was it was not raisins on it. I put chocolate chips on it, but like a gisel of honey. You never heard of ants on a log before, Shandy, No, wait, what is it? Celery? Yeah, peanut butter on celery and then it's just like put raisins on it, but I put chocolate chips on it instead, the chirs I might be able to get with. Do you like celer and peanut butter? I do? I do. I like both of those things. I don't think I've tried them together. Okay, well you should. Yeah, I wouldn't mind that as long as we don't, you know, mix, no ants on your log? No ants? Okay? What is your favorite healthy snack or healthy Probably that cereal with the honey in a yogurt that she like mixed. It's really real yogurt boles almost every night. That's like my little sweet tree. So it's just plain Greek yogurt and then I drizzle some honey on top, and I'll put berries on it, usually strawberries. And I've been kind of out of my granola pace, so for my little crunch on top, I've been using this cereal brand called Lovebird, which I've been obsessed with because it's super clean ingredients, no refined sugar and it's perfectly yogurt bowl. And I'm really surprised actually, like Colice even likes it.
Speaker 3: Like if I see her eating it, I actually walk up like, could I have some everything?
Speaker 1: T be de term? Man? Oh girl, say about that one?
Speaker 2: But I did say I would try it, so I'm a woman of my word. Asy, I promise, but I never said that, So Calice, I think it's a two for one kalase, whoa? I think what we I think we're in this together?
Speaker 1: We are, yeah, nowhere just to try it? Fine, I'll try it. You heard it here first. I don't break promises. I keep my word. But you also like those I mean they were good. Okay, she's two for thirty things. I tried that. I actually like, not thirty maybe twenty five. Whatever.
Speaker 2: You gotta start somebody that, you gotta start, some word, Okay, So Calise, Calise, any dream brands.
Speaker 1: You like to work with? A dream brand?
Speaker 3: Mercedes, Orange Juice, Orange Juice too. I love a feme so good.
Speaker 1: Wait, you don't even have a license. You're not racing and trying to play me like that? Yes, I do do yo yo? I actually thought you didn't. Are you serious? Yeah? Makes me so sick. I think you crashed some one's car this week, because like, no, my mom would actually kill me. I'm just kidding. Calsa's never crashed anyone's car. I'm a good driver, but I've never seen her drive, so I can't vouch for that. Kelly been in a car with me. I'm a good drip, Sarah Williams being Kelly doesn't have a license, so she can't vouch for you. How she was in a car with me when I was Oh, you're saying, how is she know? If it's good? You would never know. The princess has to be in a car with me and I have to drive, and then she give me my poor So that's your dream brand to work with me. I got a lot.
Speaker 3: I have a list, okay, top three, Top three, Mercedes, Orange Juice. Oh, Microsoft, Interesting Microsoft, because I game a lot and that's like Microsoft is.
Speaker 1: Like based on like the game. So like what would you get out of that deal? Free games or okey? Yeah, it was with xbots. I started off with Xbox. So free v bucks for your little NBA character. It's called v buckses for Fortnite. It will be both Yeah, VC for two k B bucks. Actually y'all should tell her buy me some vcs. I could get my my players shooting like her, where's your birthday? Four? Oh? There you go. I'm busy, not both of us looking at her. She's not. Actually, we are busy. We will be all right. If you weren't playing basketball, what would you be doing track with ballet? Ballet? First of all, I went to bottom More school. The arts is okay, period. I did ballet, and I did the nut correct, thank you very much, definitely I did. I will text your mom right now, like.
Speaker 3: I got into dancing for a little bit, and then my track meets and my dance, my dance and performance and basketball games.
Speaker 1: Were all on the same day. So my mom made me pick the hardest decision. Actually, chow, she did not help me. Do you think ballet has helped you with basketball? Yes?
Speaker 3: Footwork, I would say, I got my footwork from ballet at my speed from track.
Speaker 1: Do you remember any of ballet moves? I mean, I still go ahead to split here and there. I gotta I gotta feel good.
Speaker 3: Though I stretched a lot like I'm lucky flexible one hundred two hundred and a full by one freshman year. I also did hurdles, one hundred, hurdles one hundred.
Speaker 1: What's the fastest time you ever ran? I don't know. I was you guys first place, though, he asked my mom.
Speaker 3: When I used to run, I used to come my first place, and if I ever got like a second or third, I used.
Speaker 1: To throw the ribbon away. I ain't want it. No participation trophies for you. I want to rip it. Like, but where do we draw the line between sore loser and just being super competitive? It ain't no line. Question, there's no line, there's no lie like, okay, no, She's.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm both I'm the sores loser and I'm competitive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fair. I guess I wouldn't want a child who's okay with losing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then people say there is a way to lose, and I'm like, ah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I do what you gotta do to win? So that far what about you? I mean, I don't think I'm a sore loser. I don't like losing. That doesn't it's not what that means. But I can take it. I'm sure about it. Oh no, that leaves run it back. It's a lot when actually I think that's competitive.
Speaker 2: But like he said, it's not like she's gonna lose it and throw a tantrum. Police would Oh I'm crying. Not necessarily. I feel like for me to throw a tent, I have to lose like a lot.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's talk about you winning. Actually, let's put let's put on the spot. Go ahead. Jose is who is my youngest brother.
Speaker 3: I played him one on one when me and As was in a gym and I lo low key fried him.
Speaker 1: But not not talk yourself because we love Jose. But Jo now his chance so he can he can slip back if he wants. There's nothing from the said.
Speaker 3: I won game to eleven. It's kind of crazy because he had me seven. He had me six zero like he had a start. Then he had me like eight the one and I was like, you know what, it's come back season, Like I'm really introduced you to Fishing Island. And that's exactly when Fisher Island, a lot of people don't get to see the island. I introduced him to it. I had to bring it back and not lo one people have won, and then we just ran it back yesterday like a quick game like the three or five next bucket win.
Speaker 1: I beat him now. He was so lead he was loky mad he was I mean, I would be mad if I was up eight one on you when you came back and beat me crazy and game was eleven Island. I need to see more Fisher Island. I feel like we I was gonna say, I feel like we lowkey get to see a little bit. We see you. We need to see more. I love fish look forward to nice.
Speaker 3: It's a nice resort and everything gives you a flex screen TV, relaxed and just get cooked.
Speaker 1: Cook up some the got lots of green beans, some barbecue chicken. What else they got?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Speaking of food, can you tell us some of the food spots you like to hit up in Baltimore?
Speaker 1: We talked about Connecticut, but some nice.
Speaker 3: New York fried chicken, like cool chicken bots, pepper ketch up season all over with some hot sauce and a half and half on the side.
Speaker 1: That is to go to combo. You got c that's right, go to calm bo.
Speaker 3: You have to try, Like I know, you don't eat like a lot of fried food and all that. After the season bring you down, You're gonna have some It's really good, Okay, really good. I just love that it's called New York Chicken or any chicken spots. There's better chicken spots better than that one, but that's the one I go to because it's closer, Like it's walking distance with me. I ain't trying to drive like fifteen minutes to go to a full spot.
Speaker 1: So what you like to do back home? What do you mass? Well, obviously like my family, but probably really skate with my brother.
Speaker 3: Oh that's cool, that's my partner. We go out, we roll escate, hang out together. Were actually roller skating. Azy know how to skate a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I forgot.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, I told the team you should go road skating. Everybody like agree, idea. Some people was gone, yeah, it's like I'm not sure now it's the time to go roller skating. Not not right now.
Speaker 1: But postseason. That's a great idea, and I would definitely be down to go. That was so fun. And you're a pretty good teacher too, And she was really good. Thank you. Surprised I thought she was lying again, I did not be lying, because my mother is the truth. Man.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like Baltimore has a skate style because I mean I skate to my mom's big on skating, like she was in like a whole group. But isn't there like a Baltimore skate style. Isn't it a name for it?
Speaker 1: You know? I didn't dig that deep into it. I really don't know. I kind of just taught myself how to skate off YouTube, really off YouTube. Yeah, off YouTube.
Speaker 3: I asked my mom for some roller skates for Christmas, me and my brother, and like it was practicing industry, how to skate backwards, how to do spins and all that, and.
Speaker 1: I told myself how to do all that stuff.
Speaker 3: So okay, definitely what Yeah, we got a teacher how to spend on a roll, skates, skate backwards.
Speaker 1: Dancing right now? Okay? Yeah? Is it true that NBA two K was one of your inspirations for getting into basketball? Yeah? Are you for real? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like growing up, like I see my brother play, like yeah, he got me into it, But like how I really start like getting to basketball was playing two K twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Two K twenty seventeen was my.
Speaker 3: Favorite two K and I used to steal the moves off there and actually like go outside to practice them just so I could beat him, just so I could beat him just so I could be did you beat him?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I lost a couple of times. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: But then he ran it back too, well, Yeah, and we ran it back and I won. And I learned moves off that game just so I could have it in my bag.
Speaker 1: Man, great times. Okay, I'm gonna see some of those works tomorrow. Okay, okay, I mean I let my head practice players are not going to know what hit them tomorrow, and practice backte players we can cook. Ye, I'll be recording those videos. Go clip it. Kalise really is the best and biggest type woman. She brings a bench and energy every single game and in practice. But the bench is know Kalise is the first person up any single time any play happens. When you're in a corner and you bat a bench, like what runs to your mind?
Speaker 3: Because that's say a lot of things, and I do not care what the other teams things.
Speaker 1: Like bad work. That's bad work work. Well, sometimes you don't hear because like you're so locked in, you tuned out. But then when it's like you run down the court and they're waiting inbound the ball, I can't get the ball yet and I can hear you just oh yeah, Well, I'm just like bro, I'm speechless, but I go by her. It's really funny. I want to know if if other people hear it. I'm pretty sure they did. I'm very low.
Speaker 2: I just love seeing your bench celebrations. Let azy hit a three child. I'd be looking at the bench immediately.
Speaker 1: People say, like whenever, like during the second half, whenever we're on offensive front of the bench, that they just watched. Clease anything happens, they go immediately, clease just to watch what she does. Man, I'm threes, man, baby turned me up.
Speaker 3: I'd be spending that before the bus even released, because I know, yeah, I know, I'm I either miss or I don't and you like are up and used.
Speaker 1: To write back down. It's so funny. I'd be already she has.
Speaker 3: Ye believe anything like that, and sometimes sometimes she pump fake me. She'd be at the three point line and I stand up and then she do a wonderbul.
Speaker 1: Call my dad that it's okay, it's okay, No, just keep me warmed up and get the knees ready. All right, now, it's time for what the fun of the week? What the fun of the week is just when something made you go, what the fud? It can be good bad, whatever. Do You don't need anything that's in this week, Probably stay your night just crying really hard because like with the world, Bro, that's a good one. That's a good one. Yeah, what the fud? What the fud? You about to cry? I'm not okay. The week is this freaking blizzard, y'all.
Speaker 2: They shut down the roads, all the jobs is cancel, the stores close.
Speaker 1: It's insane.
Speaker 2: It's actually way more snow in my opinion, than the last little blizzard we already, which like only hasn't even been a day yet. Girl, I can't a way to show you a picture of what it looks like outside my window.
Speaker 1: Is actually insane. And I listened to you.
Speaker 2: I went and stepped my little toe in the snow, which is my version.
Speaker 1: Of speaking of snow blast desard. She made me eat snow. What you mean.
Speaker 3: We all decided to like go outside playing snow as a team, like it was all day and everything, like we were just tackling each other, playing like it's cool, and we tackle as only person who she's seeing you get tackled like only she's saying with me apparently took my hat off, pulled the ski mans down, like put my face and I'm like, bro's.
Speaker 1: You did this?
Speaker 3: This is not your princess. Oh but I didn't. She made me eat snow, y'all. I had something on my face snows, I was cold.
Speaker 1: I was cold.
Speaker 2: She's the princess to everyone, but she's mother to you. So it's given.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna miss that. That's the list of things you're gonna miss.
Speaker 3: You're gonna miss it too, So I don't know why you're just trying to put it on me, like you're not gonna miss Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. Anyways, my what the food of the week? Oh my gosh, this is such a great week. Okay, like shanty, I'm gonna say, what the fud is? It was making coppables because that was crazy, But then also watching the Olympics, that's still my what the fud Just seeing I don't know, the best of the best athletes like perform, perform, compete. It's so insane to watch. And its sports that at least I don't typically watch. So it's insane to see, first of all, like what they're doing that just doesn't seem like humanly possible, and then to see just the like the level of respect between everyone. I feel like it's been so beautiful to see like everyone metal and how everyone else has like cheered for them, supported them, and I don't know, it's been so fun to watch here. America is killing all I know we are.
Speaker 2: Recently, men's hockey just won I think like yesterday or something like men's hockey just won, and you know women's hockey also won. And then we had I don't know if it was like free skate or an ice skater. I don't want to be wrong on that, but she was an individual on the ice skating and she just recently won. I mean, America is doing their big one right now in the Winter Olympics.
Speaker 1: And a Z they're they're fans of you.
Speaker 2: I've seen some comments on like social where they're like aware of your podcast and they like want to pull up. So I'm like, okay, Olympians, what you guys are welcome.
Speaker 1: I'm yeah, they've been so fun to watch. And yeah, I saw the metal count yesterday. I don't remember what it was, but I was like, we're eating right now. No, yeah, we're we're coming up. We're coming up and to see it's like the sports that we haven't medaled in or done super well and in the past like fast speaking of hockey, like that's insane to see they haven't won in years for sure, what the fun? Well that is a wrap on today's episode, Callise. Thank you so much for joining us today. Hey, thank you for having me. You welcome. We love youse listeners. Thank you guys for tuning in, and don't forget to rate, review and subscribe to phutt Around and find Out wherever you get your podcasts. We'll see you guys next week. Phutto Around and find Out is a production of iHeart Women's Sports and Unanimous Media. Executive producers are Jesse Kasts, Eric Payton, Charla Sumter Brugette, and Stephan Curry. Co executive producer is Kleana Maria Cutney. Producers are Mike Costcarelli, Grace Views and Mackenzie Fitzpatcher, and co producers are Kurt Redman, Maya Howard and jack Ln Schaninger. This podcast is edited by Mike Costcarelli and hosted by me Aisy Fudd and Ashaunty Plummer.