Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after. It's my strawberry letter for today, the subject my best friends are my exes.
Speaker 2: We'll get into that in just a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but right now the nephew is here with today's prank phone call. What you got for his neph.
Speaker 3: Your baby going back to pre k?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Your baby? Yeah, yeah, yeah, it didn't do too well. You baby going back to pre k. We gotta do we gotta start over. We just got to start all well, baby going back to pre k. Let's go cat though.
Speaker 2: Hello, Yes, I'm trying to reach missus Thomas. Please.
Speaker 3: My name is mister Stapleton. I'm actually the principal over at elementary school. You're I'm looking at my records indicating that your son, Thomas is going to be starting.
Speaker 2: His first grade. My baby's ready right listen, miss Thomas.
Speaker 3: I've been going through actually all of the children's records that will be starting school, and I'm looking at your son's grades from his kindergarten and he did good well, No, not exactly. I mean there's been a few I actually spoke with the teacher and who he was under in kindergarten and it seems like he just really wasn't up to par as.
Speaker 2: The rest of the children.
Speaker 4: Now his conduct now, he talks, but he gets his work. So what else is she saying on that that ain't right?
Speaker 3: Well, what's what it seems to be, ma'am, is that his grades weren't up to par as the rest of the other children. She did tell me he was a disobedient child.
Speaker 4: No, disobedient and talking two different things.
Speaker 3: Come on, Okay, well, man, listen, what we've decided here is we're gonna let little actually do another year of kindergarten.
Speaker 4: Oh no, y'all ain't gonna let him do another year of kindergarten.
Speaker 2: No sign man, That's that's the only choice I have. No.
Speaker 4: We got our letter in the mail with our report called the week after school's started, and it said on the back promoted. And if I got to get about this couch and go get it, I'm gonna be out because I'm telling you right now we will be in the first grade kindergarten. Won't that hard. I'm not sure what they told you about him, but it must be the wrong.
Speaker 3: He doesn't understand, He doesn't color as well as the rest of kids. He's all out of he's out of the lines when he colored. He doesn't know his numbers completely. And that's kind of what we need when you first come into into the first grade.
Speaker 4: When I can show you on this paper he did satisfactory all the way through. Now you about the man, and I'm already sick calling me with some by my son blunking kindergarden.
Speaker 3: He ain't that kind of thing, does not color well?
Speaker 4: Man, I say, color ain't got nothing do with that, dad, God, kindergarten. He is going to the first grade, and I'll be down there on August twenty four.
Speaker 2: No, I will not be able to allow you to get into school.
Speaker 4: God, mister, I'm sorry, and let me get Let me tell you what. Let me go in and get my pencil and pen because I don't live that far from the school. And if y'all aren't ready down there causing some conflict, I need to get up and go down there because I'm not telling my baby when he come home today, so he ain't going to the day gun first, ma'am.
Speaker 3: I hate to say it, but I'm gonna have to refuse education from him on all the situation.
Speaker 4: You know what, I just went back and put him in public school. I know that was a stake in the first place. Food which all talking about some coloring? Give me your name against sir Stapleton, man, And what's that number down there?
Speaker 2: The number here is actually area code.
Speaker 4: Waitman, I got the number of Now mind, I pulled up this report card. I got the numbering your name on the back of this paper. I tell you what I was twenty fourth will be coming in there, going to school, and I might make a trip around there this evening when I come from the document. I'm not want to hear that calling. Ain't got nothing to do with nothing else.
Speaker 3: It's not on the color. Here's arithmeticts back. All right, No, are you working with him at home?
Speaker 4: When you're doing anything at home every day? What you're trying to say, I'm I'm a teen parent.
Speaker 2: I'm just asking, as a parent, are you working with your child?
Speaker 4: I'm working with my child every day. He can read better than you.
Speaker 2: Probably, No, he can't read, princess.
Speaker 4: I can't read better than you, because honestly, you read that wrong on that paper that he's supposed to be going back to kindergarten. When I know the paper saying from his going to the first grade. And I'm not listening to no more this about him going backwards. Now, if you got a problem with your paper word, maybe you need to go talk to your secretary or somebody in there that wrote my baby name down with.
Speaker 2: Your son's name Thomas.
Speaker 4: Ma'am, no, it ain't him, baby, I know it ain't him. You're not gonna sit up and tell me my son is flocking in kindergarten. He is not going back to that kindergarten.
Speaker 2: Don't bring your son down here, as.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what be ready to want me and my husband, but we would be down there offic afore that pant shoes you to farm everything you hear me, I will not.
Speaker 2: Be able to allow him in education that right now.
Speaker 4: I will come down there right now and make that correction on that paper for you. Is not going back to no kindergarten for no coloring.
Speaker 2: Can you bring him down here and let him color for me?
Speaker 4: You talking about coloring arithmetic on all yourself? No, uh no, I'm sorry. We would be down at augusta twenty four. I would have this poor card in my hand that says you have been promoted to the first grade. And he's gonna have a mile on his face, and so are you.
Speaker 2: I got one one thing I need to tell you. Are you listening to me?
Speaker 4: I'm listening. You ain't saying nothing. Yeah, you better say something that sounded like the first grade because I'm not playing. I would go down to this day gun administrative office and I had fired because my son will be in that first grade.
Speaker 2: Are you raising your voice? Sat? Who are you raising your voice?
Speaker 4: You know you talking crazy to me? I'm talking crazy to you.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 4: I'm a ground woman. I don't need the best friend to you. Why I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: Find did you graduate?
Speaker 4: Honey? I am a college degree person. I have a great job. My husband and I do well for ourselves and for our children.
Speaker 2: And that's why we know you're not You're not even at work right now, Mansten, I'm shaped.
Speaker 4: I told you that when you call him right on the doctor to call me now, partner missing my phone call?
Speaker 2: Can you color? Because your son can't come?
Speaker 4: Color? Question is I can't ask me? Can I color? What are you white or black? You asked me? Dressed me? Am I color?
Speaker 2: No? I asked you? Can you color like your son?
Speaker 4: Here some racist lines in there can you color? No, my colorant and me being colored ain't got nothing to do with none of this. Is this a race thing? You trying to make sure you send him back.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not trying to send him back. I want to send him back to color to get his coloring together.
Speaker 4: You what that ain't got nothing to do with nothing. And if you are the head person down there, now, you aren't competent and you are an illiterate. Call me and tell me that my son has to go back to the first grade. I got one more thing you want mixed up. I'll tell you what I'm through with this guy this.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say one more thing and I'm gonna be out here.
Speaker 4: Are you listening, I'm listening.
Speaker 3: That's his nephew, Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. You just got pranked by your girlfriend for Latia mo bet Felicias.
Speaker 4: I am going to beat him. You're about to get to out the plane. I mean, I'm right, no, I'm in everything everything. I'm gonna beat her because you know I don't play when it comes to my kids.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's all right, all right, but one more question?
Speaker 3: Now, what is the baddest I'm talking about the baddest radio show in the land.
Speaker 4: That's Steve Harvey Morning Show. Baby.
Speaker 2: Yes, she was not here for him. I love her, boy, I never heard this before. Tell me, but I am a Coege degree person. He ain't graduate no more. It's just person. He's not coloring in the lines.
Speaker 3: You know, that's just that's that's a requirement at PK.
Speaker 2: You got to be able to color in the lions. But we send you on the first question.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, are you asking me my color?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh oh. She was gonna turn it into that. Yeah, she was gonna be down there with some other issues.
Speaker 3: I hear racism in this yeh yeah, a lawsuit for the school boy.
Speaker 2: I hear some racial lines. And now all right.
Speaker 3: Richmond, Virginia, The Nephew's Coming to Town added the show on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and sold out. The Nephew was coming. You've been hearing about me. They've been talking about me. Oh man, Come see what the fuss is all about. Man, got a whole I talked about. Life has changed from me.
Speaker 2: Come hear it. Come see it all wrapped up into jokes. You want to you.
Speaker 3: Don't want to miss this Montgomery, Alabama. You should don't want to miss it. We having black Hat Saturday. You know what I said, black Hat Saturday, but.
Speaker 2: Your hat on.
Speaker 3: I'll let you know when the steamboat coming in and we're gonna all throw them up there together.
Speaker 2: Okay. That is Montgomery, Alabama.
Speaker 3: That is the thirtieth US of this month, Mars thirtieth, Saturday Night, Montgomery Performing Arts Center, me Earthquake, Celebrity into Celebrity, the comedian and JJ Williamson. That's the show right there. Boy bout tickets myself to go see that.
Speaker 1: All right, nephew, thank you. Coming up next Strawberry Letters, subject my best.
Speaker 2: Friends are my exes. We'll get into it right after this.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Staying the Hardy Morning Show.