Speaker 1: Two Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp at Cambridge Edge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of Two Teas and a Pod. But as you know, because we are recapping Orange County, it's one tea in an a because I'm here with Alexia. How are you? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm good. I'm getting homesick. I'm going back to Miami tomorrow. I've had a beautiful trip. I've had so many friends out here in Europe. I visited Madrid and Paris, London, Montenegro and Croatia, which I you recommend. It was just breathtaking. And now I went back to Madrid and I'll be going home tomorrow. I miss Frankie so much. Sometime to get home Frankie and Peter my dog.
Speaker 2: When you're gone. Who who is with Frankie?
Speaker 3: My housekeeper, Gamata and Peter also Peter on the weekends has been staying with him, so Peter stays with you know, with the housekeeper too, And no, I mean they're good, you know, but it's already been like fifteen days so that you start really missing each other. And yeah, I need to get back home to Frankie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean fifteen days. Like I feel like I'm good for about four nights on a trip and then I start to come unhinge. But I mean going across the country, like going to other countries is different. Obviously you can't do that for a couple of days. But I start to like want to be in my own setting and my own situation. Like right now, I've had I dropped my daughter off at her horse show this morning because she shows at seven thirty in the morning and we're in Orange County, and so I just checked into this like VRBO. And the reason you guys can't see me right now, it's just audio because apparently in the spot that I currently am, my WiFi is not good enough to actually see my face.
Speaker 3: Well, I missed your beautiful face. But we have the most valuable thing, which is your mouth and your words.
Speaker 2: Some may say valuable, some may say problematic.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's good. It's good. It's good for them to be both. And you know, for this for a podcast, we definitely need your words and your face. So yeah, So, speaking of the I saw on social media that we're celebrated her birthday party and to read with er Kyle, Erica and I was wonder reading where you were.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the amount of people that have sent me this message, like, oh, Teddy, were you out? Like you were ousted? Nobody wanted you there. We see the Fox Force five has gotten rid of you. No, guys, I didn't feel good. It was supposed to be a celebratory birthday dinner for me Rna dury Erica, and then Kyle put it all together, but I have been traveling NonStop and I had more cancer stuff coming up, and I just really didn't feel up to it. And there was like that part of me that was you know when you get fomo, Like I'm like, I knew this would happen, Like I knew they would go out, there'd be pictures, and then the social media salooths would be like they didn't want Teddy there.
Speaker 3: Especially not there, my friend. As long as you know the truth, my friend, that's you know, it's all good. But I get it. You know, you do have that fomo and then you start thinking, you know, that's what's really like not nice. You know, when you're in a platform like this and everybody kind of knows about your life, so they just see a picture and they go with it. And obviously everybody always expects, you know, the worst, like you got to run a fight, or you didn't invite you or whatnot. But that's why I want to hear it from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't worry, We're all good. I was supposed to be there, I had I bailed out last minute, just like I don't feel up to it. I've been traveling, I miss my kids. I don't feel great. I had two additional spots on my back that had to be biopsied, and I just you know, sometimes sometimes you have to say no, I agree, but they said we're going to celebrate another time.
Speaker 3: Yeah no. I mean, I feel like as we get older, we also learn to say no, you know, and pick our priorities and if we're not feeling it, yes, you know, we want to have one with our friends and we want to be there for them and celebrate, but you also have to think about yourself and put yourself first and your family.
Speaker 2: And we also know when we're going to I do, at this stage in my life, know when I'm going to go somewhere and then not be one hundred percent, and then I don't want to bring it down, you know, Like if everybody's feeling good and they're excited and they're happy, and I'm not feeling great. I'm anxious. I'm like, why go and put them through my hell when they're supposed to be having a fun night, Like we can do it again next month.
Speaker 3: Of course, yeah, you can do it again another day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and which we by the way, which we always do. But this is the first time a restaurant and you know how this works. A restaurant was picked because it's, you know, a yummy, delicious restaurant that we all love. But that paparazzi is at the last time, we went to the Ballet Hotel, so nobody saw us. But yeah, that's why.
Speaker 3: That was a good picture to get. You know, if you go to a place like that, it's just like in Miami, you know, like where the pops are going to be and you're going to get that picture. And you know, of course everybody always a house picture, you know, and.
Speaker 2: They all looked good. But then I started to get pissed. I said, did you guys, because we're all in a group text, you know, the Foxes, did you guys text about that we should all wear black? What if I didn't wear all black? Because they were all like in the uniform.
Speaker 3: Girls usually were like black at night. But yeah, that was that was cute. It was a great picture.
Speaker 2: And to meet with them again, yeah, no, everybody had so much fun and I was sad not to be there, but there will be another time. So have you gotten more addicted to Orange County because I actually had.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited to share that with you. So I saw the second episode this morning, and and first of all, it's really really great. I mean these women are really like pouring like their their life and just putting your life out there. So you know, like Jennifer. I was like really shocked with Jennifer's story and you know her eviction and you know, just her being like so real and raw, and you know Shannon's story. So you have like really good stories that a lot of viewers can relate to and and you know, and mothers and and just women in general.
Speaker 2: So did you see the gen came after me a little bit after our last part?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I didn't see that. I'm on vacatione so I'm not least I'm really following social media or any of that stuff. So you have to fill me in on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we both talked about, you know, during episode one, about her fiction and blah blah, and I don't think really either of us said anything terrible, but I guess people were messaging her that we did. So then she did an insta story without listening to the podcast and tagged me like I always thought Teddy was great but apparently not. Blah blah blah. I'm like, what, Here's here's what pissed me off. When people read a headline only one.
Speaker 3: Hundred That's what I was gonna say. When they don't even listen to the actual podcast and they just go by a headline that Warber picked up and decided to write about it, and then they start messaging and making the whole thing about it, It's just crazy.
Speaker 2: But the problem is it's it's gonna be worse this episode. So now she's probably gonna tag both of us, So get ready.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, Jen, I mean I just don't well, well, as we get into it, you know you'll see. But yeah, I'm actually really getting more into it because you know, I feel that, you know, you just really can't say a lot in your first episode. It's just like a little introduction about everyone and By the way, I was a little shocked that Tam was not so much in the seas in this episode, and I think she was so involved in the first episode either.
Speaker 2: Well, you want to know why this is. This is a juicy little nugget. So the reason we don't see Tamar that much this episode is she was with me at the Emily's not a ton in this episode either, and it's because we were at our live show in San Francisco. Oh okay, Yeah, So we had a two teas and a pod live show and it was me, Emily Andree from Salt Lake City, Cynthia from Atlanta. We were all working that. So we were gone for a couple of days. And you know how much happens and housewife World in a couple of.
Speaker 3: Days, correct, It's a lot. Yeah, especially vo scenes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let's get into the headlines. So the first housewife headline for as Jin Pedronci was awarded a six figure lump sum child support and for settlement. Uh, she settled her this isn't bitter divorced from her ex husband William and we'll receive a modest amount and monthly support. William will pay Jennifer four th six and seventy four dollars per month and child support for the four kids. That is not meitty, That is.
Speaker 3: So little money after all the years that she was married. She was married Timson to what two thousand and four, I think I read eighteen years and four months and she yeah, that one thousand hundred and thirty five dollars per month and four thousand and six seventy four kidrin four children. I mean, I don't know his financial William's financial, so you know, I really can't give you know, it's really based off of their income. But I can't even imagine that.
Speaker 2: I mean, even back in the day, like one bajillion year, my parents got, you know, separate of my mom lumps and then I remember being considered not a ton because my mom got twenty five hundred per child, but that it was she also got a very large lump sum getting I do wonder like maybe William, because remember William used to work for Jen's dad, So maybe William. I I'm just guessing maybe William doesn't have a job right now, or maybe William isn't in a job where he's making money.
Speaker 3: Well obviously, I mean they do basic on basic on the current on his current assets and any go. So you know, apparently he's you know, he's not very well off when this is all she's going to get. And they actually sold whatever assets they had and had a total over five hundred thousand, and I think that's why she gets that lump sum half of it, which is to sixty seven. I mean she should be able to pay for rent now and right, I mean with that and like her salary, I feel like she can, you know totally.
Speaker 2: But second season Housewife, and especially if you're paying for glam, you're buying all these clothes, you're doing all these things. You're not making a ton of money. But we'll dig into this more in the recap because the next one is Shannon Badour fires back at ex John Jansen over fraud accusation and facelift lawsuit. Shannon Badour said, according to court documents that are obtained by in Touch magazine, Shannon said John had failed to provide any evidence to back up his claim a fraud against her. She said his request repunitive damn should be thrown out if the judge agrees the fraud claim was standing. Her lawyer wrote, John has not alleged sufficient facts to state fraud cause of action and therefore has not alleged sufficient frauds for punitive damages. They added, John's allegations do not include facts that support a claim that Shannon did not intend to perform the time she entered into the alleged contract of the loan. Blah blah blah. Here's the thing. I personally don't loan money. I don't do you.
Speaker 3: Have have I have loaned money. But I think this makes it a little different when you're in a relationship with the person. So I don't know if you're referring to a friend, a family member, you know, your children. I mean it depends. In this case, she was with her boyfriend of three and a half years, and maybe they did have that relationship where they felt comfortable, at least at the moment lending each other money. Again, I mean, I wasn't there first of all. Can we talk about how good Shannon looks is was definitely worth the money. So I'm glad that she did do her face lifts and she's great. But you know, I don't know. You know, when you're like lovey dovey and romantic and the guy promises everything to you, it's like fake promises, you know what I mean, that's what I call it. It's like the guy's fake promise. So you know, he probably said, you know what, I know, how bad you want want, you know, to do your surgery. You may not have the money now, like don't worry, like when you have it, you'll pay me back, blah blah blah. And then they broke up. So it's like a little bit of everything. I don't know. I'm just like assuming that this is like how it happened. I think that he at the time that he offered the money and gave her the money, they were like in love and getting along and he wanted her to be happy and he gave her the money, and then afterwards they weren't in such a great place. But now he wants money back, which is too bad.
Speaker 2: But also in history showing you know, John had originally made comments about how she looked, so I think that you know, as a woman, if you're with somebody and they are dogging you out a little bit about how you physically look, of course you know, yes there's different ways, but like maybe she wanted to do it for him, Oh that too.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, I think he had what to do with it, and he made her feel insecure and whatnot, and so it was something she always wanted to do. And I obviously I'm thinking that he also was encouraging it because he thought that she could use it because she could look better. So it was like a little bit of everything. But you know, when you're in love and everything is going great, they probably see the world both sides. You know. I'm not just saying that the man does it. The woman might do it as well. But then afterwards, when things are back, it's like, oh, all of a sudden, I want my money back.
Speaker 2: I have a question if you were to get engaged tomorrow to somebody else and they gave you a ring and then you decided to end it, would you give the ring back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for an engagement, I probably would, you know. I think it's different like after divorce. You know, I don't think the man you're going to give, you know, your husband and ring back, But.
Speaker 2: I think it's whoever ends it.
Speaker 3: Engagement rings that I have been engaged before, and I I've given back to ring. If you know, it depends, I mean, if you accept the engagement. I kind of like haven't accepted the engagement. So I'm like, okay, no, sorry, Like I don't want to get married giving back to ring. I mean, I just think it's weird to keep an engagement ring because you know, it does have a significance and it's you know, with the promise or of seeing the future that you are going to have a life with this person and get married. So I don't know, I would think it was weird. I would definitely give it back, and I don't care how much.
Speaker 2: You can't give back a facelift, Yeah, you can't get back a facelift. But she looks good.
Speaker 3: Oh no, she did good. Better than the ring. Oh she did way better than I was very pretty. But I'm very happy she got to do that, especially now she's going to you know what I mean. At least she looks good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Then the next one is Gina's boyfriend Travis Mullen settles restraining order battle with ex wife. You know, we see this season that the two of that Gina and Travis move out of the place together because the involvement of the ex wife. But here we see that Travis's ex wife reached an agreement in their bitter court war. This is also from In Touch. She agreed to drop the temporary restraining order he was granted against his ex. The ex'es agreed neither party will will be under the influence of any non prescription medications or legal drugs while having physical custody of the minor children. That's the part that's confusing to me. Travis and Megan agreed that they will submit to a drug screening test within six hours of a request by Travis. Travis degrees to advance the cost of the screening. So my assumption, which I don't know, is that he said she was under the influence of something. Who knows what it could be. It could be alcohol, it could be.
Speaker 3: Why are we even talking about Travis's girlfriend? Is she even involved in the show? First of all, can we talk about how much we see Gina of this episode? She was like all over the place.
Speaker 2: She was all over this episode. But I would assume that that happened because we have.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: He probably because of Gina's past with her ex and all that that went down. I would assume whatever's going on with his ex involves you know, I don't know her, but substance or alcohol abuse or something like that. So that's why I.
Speaker 3: Don't know why why they're dragging. I mean, I'm just seeing it in a different way. I mean, she doesn't participate, you know, I get it if it was Gina, but like Travis's ex wife and like the kids and you know, talking about their drug screening and why she even like she's not even involved in the show. But why is she important in this whole thing?
Speaker 2: Well, I think because they're moving out from one another. And I think because now they're talking about how they can only speak through a court approved app which I don't know if you've ever had done that.
Speaker 3: But that's his ex wife, it's not Gina. So how is this likevan.
Speaker 2: Because if you're living with somebody and you're trying to co parent and start this new life together, and you have one person like Gina, even though she had a very traumatic breakup and you know, cops were involved and all kinds of things with her ex, they've been able to mend it. And Travis until to until yesterday or whenever this was released, was not you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: There is a lot a lot of these women have really complex lives. You know, it's like really raw and and really eve of them honestly, to share these to share these things, you know, when there's children involved.
Speaker 2: And especially like their mind these are little kids. Yes, I mean, imagine if you know your kids were little and all of a sudden they're on a TV show with somebody like I had to at My stepdaughter was never shown on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills because it wasn't something her mom was comfortable with, right right, And I think we have to respect that. Like when you are bringing.
Speaker 3: In too, I think so too. Yes, that's why I'm because I haven't watched this. I don't know why we're even talking about, like Travis's ex wife and like this drug problem and drug testing and all this kind of stuff. But you know, I just wish Gina good luck because this just looks like a big mess.
Speaker 2: But also they aren't even divorced yet. That's the thing.
Speaker 3: Well no, no, I mean it's just like I mean, I hope she's really in love with him, because it's going to take more than love to get through this. I mean, this is like a big.
Speaker 2: My guess is that these two are probably not going to make it. It's not settled. I don't think they're in a position where they financially or mentally can deal with this. You know, sometimes when.
Speaker 3: You break up with somebody, you just want.
Speaker 2: To you don't want to be alone. And I think that's normal, especially when you have young kids. You don't want to feel like you're doing it all by yourself. But I do think this relationship will run its course. You can feel that Gina has confidence right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and together Travis and Gina.
Speaker 2: I mean it's been a couple of years, but I mean they got together and like pretty much immediately they are moving in together and with like eighty seven kids and like a three bedroom place with like three bunk beds that kind of thing per room. Yeah, but now let's get into taglines. Do you think we could do a dramatic reading of each tagline? Okay? Do you want to take Heather and then I'll take Shannon and we'll go.
Speaker 3: From there so I can see how you how you doing it?
Speaker 2: Okay, just because I drink from a flute doesn't mean you can play me. That's how they do bros.
Speaker 3: Okay, No, Shannon Bador. Even in the harshest of times, the storms will always weather.
Speaker 2: It's family. Simpson. I used to question people for a living. Now I just do it for fun.
Speaker 3: Gina, like the properties I represent, I know.
Speaker 2: My worth, Haiti. When you live your life on the green, envy is just par for the course, Jennifer.
Speaker 3: People bent over backwards to get me, and their form is terrible.
Speaker 2: Camera. The only thing stuck up about me is my middle thing. Okay, my first comment about these I My first comment is listen. In regards to Katie, who I liked more of this episode, is I'm really fucking sick of hearing about golf. I don't like golf. There's we were already talked about her. Whole house is filled with golf artwork, and now her tagline being about golf makes me a little bit worried about her future on the show because everybody else's tag kind of.
Speaker 3: What he generic because you can't we don't know her yet. We don't know Katie yet. All the other ones we can relate to because we know their character and we know them, but Katie's just kind of like just there now. I like her. I like her character, like how she is. I think she's like really cute. I freaked out that she had all those kids twenty and then she she has She's lived her life definitely so what.
Speaker 2: I need to know? How many baby daddies are we working with?
Speaker 3: Well, I thought that I could keep up with It was like the first one that was nineteen, the other one three. I think she's four. It's either like three or four.
Speaker 2: Her daughter Carly is nineteen. She wants to learn more about her Korean route. She had Kylie and two other kids in her first marriage, Gavin seventeen and Max fourteen, who lives in Atlanta with his dad. And then Katie and her current husband Matt have one son together, Brandon six. And you know what, Oh sorry Kaylee and ban Don. Okay, all right, then we get We start the episode right off where we're back at Heather's party. Alexis tells Heather and Tama that Shannon only wants to talk about the lawsuit. Tamar tells Alexis she's not gonna lie. It's gonna be hard for Shannon. We see a text sent to Shannon when Alexis went public with John. Hi, Shannon, I know things aren't great between us, but I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you. With all these pictures of John and Alexis going around, and I know how hurtful this must be for you, and I'm sorry. I hope you're able to enjoy this holiday season. Shannon responds that Tarmah liked Alexis's photo but also put applause emojis as a comment. Shannon's text, not sure what is going on, but I can say, without a doubt, I would never ever see me posting applause emojis to a girl who's pr rep saying that Alexis and John have a lot in common, to which Tarma replied, throw the fuck up. I think Shannon is handling herself very well so far, but I will say getting upset over Tamra commenting applause emojis proves the lawsuit isn't really what she's upset about with Alexis. But also I think the applause photo was not actually one of her and John. I think it was just one of her by herself, because you see how they saw that show. She just showed that photo alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, But I mean Shannon has every right to feel the way that she does and to be upset about it. You wouldn't like it if you'rre best friend like Tamera, and you know how close you girls are. If you know she would do that to one of your exes that has moved on, and you know, put an emoji, not only liked it, and you know wrote you that kind of like text. I don't know. I mean I would like it for sure, Like I would be so pissed at Marathon she would do something like this, like, oh.
Speaker 2: My gosh, you and Marisol would be giving each other death glares on the couch. I can already. I saw it last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Look how connected I am with Marisol. She literally is just calling me right now.
Speaker 2: I'm miss Marasol.
Speaker 3: And let me tell her him Marossol. Maybe by my podcast. I'm on the podcast. But I was just talking about you. How funny, and then the phone rings. Okay, I love you. I said that you would never I said that you would never like one of my exes new girlfriend's pictures and believe a clappy emoji on it. I know exactly exactly. Okay, bye, Yeah, sorry.
Speaker 2: She's so cute. I pour before. Make sure you guys are tuning into that, by the way, because they have such an amazing pot.
Speaker 3: Thank you. So yeah, I mean, Jannon has a lot of things going on. She's super upset about Camroan like their friendship like falling out and then like her new friendship, you know, tameras with Alexis, and you know, I know Tamra's just trying to be kind of neutral and whatnot, but like her feelings are all over the place. You know, camor been too hard on Shannon.
Speaker 2: Well, I think there's something that we all.
Speaker 3: Drinking and all that. I get that. You know, Tamera, you can tell like really is concerned for Shannon and she loves Shannon and her friendship and all that. So I understand all that. But you know, Shan is going through a tough time and and is there for her, but in a way, she's kind of staying like mixed messages.
Speaker 2: But I think the history with Shannon, and you guys listening are gonna say I'm biased because Tama's one of my besties and blah blah blah. But I do know because I've had a relationship like this where when you are best friends with somebody for so many years and you're close that you reach a point in a friendship when it is sucking the life out of you and you just really have zero tolerance for it all. And I don't think this is the first time that you know Tamra and Shannon. You know, Shannon has Maybe it's hard because this episode I'm watching Shannon and I'm my empathy is so there for her. But I also have watched my friend Tarma throughout the years with Shannon, and I know that, Like, think about even when you were on girls trip, you got annoyed with Marisol after like seven days together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, listen, I can see it happening. That's what I'm saying. It wasn't even I was annoyed with Marosolf from other stuff, but then obviously seven days together in and out just worse than the situation. But at the end, you have like that foundation of like real friendship is about like sisterhood. You know that you can say certain things to each other that you're going to hurt you, but you know how to move forward from that, and you made it from a good place and you have good intentions. But I get it. You know, Tamra's like fed up with Shannon because it's like many years of you know, this kind of behavior and it's obviously affecting camera. So she just is like not, She's not having it anymore. She's like protecting herself and protecting her peace.
Speaker 2: And I think that Tama also has a personality type where like, if something's wrong, you go and fix it, like you handle it. Yeah, And I think both of us are that same way as well. And I think after years and years, she just was finally like, you know what, I can't I can't do it anymore, like I and I think that's what we're seeing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you think it's a Tamara doesn't believe Shannon, that the Shannon like is really giving up drinking and you know, really wants to, you know, take a toll for life and just you know, change it. I mean I think that like Tamara doesn't really believe that, and that's why she's you know, not that she's like lying to the rest of the girls, but I feel like Tamara doesn't really believe it.
Speaker 2: Think, Yeah, I think act I think after all these years, I think their trust in each other is gone. I think there's been so many times that Tamar has answered those phone calls late at night, hearing about whether it was David Shannon's ex or you know, with John Jansen, all of it. I think she's just exhausted by it, and you know, especially now that she's been brought into it. I think Tama. And here's the thing about Tamar. She gets over things very quickly. But if you wrong her in the moment and like you just keep doubling down, She's she is going to snap back. That's just her personality. Whereas I think you would probably snap back to where like I will put it on me figure out a way, like I will panic, I will overthink it, I will make it my problem. She's able to kind of distance herself from it. I am not so great at doing that, right. No, I mean we'll see if the go.
Speaker 3: So much more left, we don't know what's going to happen. But you know who I loved like that, which I was hoping for after episode one, that they would like get closervice Gina and Shannon. You know, did you remember seeing that scene between Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, because remember the first episode, she really Gina really came for Shannon did.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But then I was hoping, and that's like what I said, I really hope that, you know, because Gina's gone through it and she knows the pain, that she recognizes it, and then she softens up a little bit with her and it's like there to like hold her hand and to like encourage her and to you know, to just be friends with each other and be there for each other and support each other.
Speaker 2: So that, yeah, me too. But when we get into Jen tells Katie about her eviction, Gina tells Heather and taram Or how she helped Jen get the house. She found out Jen had to leave via Instagram. Jen and Gina agree to discuss the situation at a different time. Okay, Katie has been in this group all of ten minutes and she's already seen two of the women fight over a lawsuit and a man and heard about one's eviction. She's probably like hot, damn, I signed up for a good season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is let No, but this is like a rough This is a tough group that they have really like deep storylines. I mean they have with these kind of storylines, you know you're gonna have a great season and ever watch for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then Alexis tells Jen, Katie and Emily that she will protect John. Shannon tells her to lower her voice. Alexis says she's scolded. Shannon is old enough to be her mom. Alexis says, any storm that the Door wants to create find a new Tornado. Alexis, there are thirteen years between you and Shannon, even if the women on Teen Mom are older. Can we not with the bad age jokes? Like I I know we liked Alexis. I know I probably do like Alexis, But there's just a certain amount of things, like.
Speaker 3: You said, what I mean, that age shaming between all of us. It's like it's very poor taste, and everybody's getting older, you know, if you're looking enough to make it to that age. I mean, it's it's just stupid. I think it's really immature, and I think it's really distasteful to just, you know, age shame like the other women when they're older you on the show.
Speaker 2: But we do have to talk about one other thing that I really noticed. If nobody's going to talk about Shannon bringing her glam girl to apply her lip gloss in the middle, Okay, that's also Kyle's glam girl, who I love. You are the MVP. You are amazing. She does so many howswif she does the best work and I love Pam. But like they're in the middle of the fight and then all of a sudden, Shannon turns her face and Pam applies like another layer of lip gloss, and I died.
Speaker 3: Actually, But I think that that was like a good strategy or tactic because it's kind of like in the middle of the thing, you know, that kind of like calms you down, they put lip bloss on your lips, You get like a breather. You come back to whatever it was you're saying, and you're like, you look good.
Speaker 2: But but but how can only some people like not everybody brought a guest? How did she do you think she got to bring one? Because she was the Housewives?
Speaker 3: You know that, because to be there, welcome to the house to show. You never know who's going to show up. You never know what's going to be sitting next to you. Some people can bring people. There's always like a tourier motive. I guess, I don't know. I don't know. You would have to ask Shannon if she really brought her for that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know, of course she did. I She's like, I'm not going unless I can bring a friend. And my friend is going to be my glam girl. Who's going to make sure I look on point twenty four seven?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm gonna copy and do the same thing. I think it's brilliant.
Speaker 2: Can I pretend to be your glam girl next season on Miami and I'll just sit next to you and apply your lip glass. Yes, I won't say a word. I'll just touch up your powder and put on some lip gloss whenever.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can also give me liners. You can also tell me like, oh, say this, do this.
Speaker 2: Or I can be like shit, right, you're actually digging yourself in a ginormous hole. Then we get into the wish booth, which I thought was money at first. When I found out there were wishes, I was pissed.
Speaker 3: Same.
Speaker 2: So Tamara pulls what would you like to have lessa this year? Her answer as friends who talked about my behind me, behind my back. Shannon says she doesn't. She just needs Tamar to fucking calm down. Alexis brings up her ring from John. Alexis says it's not a promise ring, it's a promised ring, and Alexis says that promised could also be promised in the eyes of the Lord.
Speaker 3: Okay, please, well, I didn't know that that she was that she was so religious and is John religious like her?
Speaker 2: I don't think John is religious like her. I think her ex Jim Bellino, is quite religious. And also Jim was very controlling. He didn't want her out of that like he wanted like he thought, the woman's job is in the home taking care of the man. Blah blah blah. But Emily did make me like split up my water for a second when she was like, hold up, what's the diverse between a promise ring and a promised just because there's a fucking d added, right. But and then Gina pipes in, you know this is that's a big gift for two months, and blah blah blah. Shannon says that she this is the other thing that was a little confusing. Shannon at the table says she did admit that Tamra has an ego, but she didn't actually admit that to Sr.
Speaker 3: Vanwa, you say that that's a big gift for two months. So if he gave Alexis unexpensive, is that a Van Cleef ring? I couldn't see what it was, but is it?
Speaker 2: I think it was Van Cliff. It was either Van Cleeve or Cardi I couldn't tell.
Speaker 3: So he became Alexis after two months? A Van Cliff Ring. He could totally give Shannon a face DFT after three and a half years of her putting up with this shit. So you don't, We'll call it a day, John, because she's not giving you back anything.
Speaker 2: You know what, what is she going to give back her next skin?
Speaker 3: You know, her mind? No validity? No, But I'm just saying, like, you know what, like he's really he wants the money back after three and a half years from Shannon, and then he goes after two months and he gets her up you know about cleeve Ring.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sorry, I think it's a little bit intentional. He and and and going in and being like we're not going to talk about sex.
Speaker 3: But it's been Lexis to get a whole body, I mean a whole face, the whole body and hope everything and he pays for it.
Speaker 2: Well, what about that?
Speaker 3: I don't like her, but you know, you have to be fair.
Speaker 2: But what about she goes, we're not going to talk about sex. But it's already been two times today I will I fucking poor Fovore, Like you, I feel like she's just poking the bear. And I realized that less is.
Speaker 3: Really I realize it. I realize that too teddy. She really is, because every time she talks it's about John, like that's all she talks about.
Speaker 2: Like if she wanted to show us how her friendships with the other women are growing and all the things, then I'm cool with Alexis. But like I feel like she's doing it intentionally to try to get and listen, I've been in situations where I've tried to get at my you know, significant other's exes to show them that I'm on top. Like I'm not too. I'm not too proud to say I've been a dickhead in that way. But I do think it's it's coming off. It's it's not coming off the way that I think Alexis hoped it did it, it's coming off for hurst.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: Then Shannon says that she did say during the trace Amgas tour everything was done around Tamra's schedule. Tarma was going around saying thank me for the show. I know that didn't happen, but I do think she did not say to Tamra's face that she said she had an ego, but she did say to her glam girl, So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, out of the three Tamborough was the busiest, so like it made sense, you know, to plant around the time or schedule. And you know, sometimes even though there's three and everybody's equal, there's always one one of the girls that that just kind of takes more like the role, you know, of the leader that puts things together. It's kind of like the mean one of the three. One doesn't mean that you're better, your egos better, you think you're better than anybody else. It just means that you might be better at doing that.
Speaker 2: And it ebbs and flows, like there are certain times where like with me and Tam or me and you, or me and whomever, or me and Emily, like where one of one week, our schedule is crazy and like my particular schedule is crazy and we have to work around my schedule, or if there's other weeks where it's like okay, and that's part of working together when we're all professionals trying to do it all we can. But the other thing I'm going to need to say is that Heather needs to go back to letting Terry help plan her parties because the food at this I loved Heather this episode, do not get me wrong, loved her this episode, but Gina trying to swallow down whatever the agasha musha or whatever the fuck that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for me, you don't even know. I like to know what I'm meaning. I like to see it, I know what it is. I like to taste it and know what it is. That seemed like a little bushy thing, which I would not probably like, but it was. I liked Tether a lot too. I feel like she talks, she brings the reason, you know, the group.
Speaker 2: She's the voice of reason of the group. And she's also funny. She'll get involved in the drama enough, but then she's also like, Okay, now it's not at the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And by the way, I like that Gina was not going to mess up Heather's party because she had already done that in the past.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then they do, of course, they do flashbacks. Right then, Shannon, Katie, and Jen go for a walk. Shannon said she used to do the steps with John and he'd lay down on the bench. Jen says she's seen picks of John Jansen and he's been turning back time. This may have been one of my favorite part of the episodes, when Shannon says the reason John has not been smiling with his full teeth.
Speaker 3: I thought it was great too, but you see, that's what it is like. Now she has a new man. Now he did his vinyars, he'll start like dying his hair, but get in shape and it's like, okay, you can have them. You know, it's like, but that's that's how it always is.
Speaker 2: But then, don't be me to go back and look at every John Janssen photos and see how wide he's smiling, Like I was like, okay, now I gotta go back in time. I gotta see how many teeth he was showing. But also he didn't have shit teeth to begin with. His teeth were fine. His teeth were not ship before, like they were fine.
Speaker 3: Now they're just whitening or he got some caps or something.
Speaker 2: I mean, clearly he got veneers. But I still, I mean, it's still made me laugh out loud. And then that was pretty amazing. And then when Katie asked Jin what does Ryan do for a living, and she goes, well, nothing. Now he did mortgage. I know, he did mortgage for years, and then he's done real estate development since then. There's no office, there's no I just feel like he just sits around and like plays in the sunshine. He kind of just lives a dream life. You know what, I hope Rian's wearing fucking sunscreen. What do you mean, what is he doing?
Speaker 3: I know, but I'm surprised none of the girls I've asked her or no. I mean, it was just very you know, it was touched upon. But like maybe in the next episodes, don't diag more into that, especially when all the other stuff comes out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but also allegedly Ryan is a book maker's associate to whom and interpreter of somebody that played at the Dodgers wired money to pay his gambling debts from the money he stole from Dodgers picture. Oh hanni. I don't know all of this is true or all of it's not true. All I know is putting all of my eggs in one basket after already being evicted with all of my kids with Wait, but I question.
Speaker 3: Why didn't Ryan pay her for her mortgage? Like why didn't Brian pay for her rent instead of her getting evicted if you're going out with instead of moving into his house and he knows that she's struggling and it's just a matter of her divorce wrapping up and her getting her settlement. Why couldn't he tell her to listen? You know, I know you're you're behind and you're going to be settling soon. You know, I can loan you this money or even give it to him if he has so much money. I mean, I don't know what her rent is, but he could have helped her out, Like, why didn't he pay for her mortgage or her rent? I mean, that's the least he could have done.
Speaker 2: Well, my guess is that he wanted her in that house for more screen time.
Speaker 3: Oh I haven't see now what man wants more time on screen time? Are these why?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry guys, this a housewife show. Okay, go get your own show.
Speaker 2: Right, Like, but why else? I mean, granted, if I were to start dating somebody new tomorrow, I probably wouldn't want to ask for rent. But then I got confused because then when we get to Jen crying to her dad, where she kept being like, dad, you say, why do you help her?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think it is.
Speaker 3: I think there's something else there between you and I because if you have good parents like she seems to have, and a good relationship with them, and then she seems to have Ryan is her fiance. It's not even her boyfriend. It's like her fiance.
Speaker 2: But at this point he wasn't the fiance. He was just the boyfriend. Okay, they get engaged later, but still.
Speaker 3: But still, you know here, I'm sure he knew that he You know, when you're in a relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend, you know whether it's going to turn it into an engagement or not. But regardless, she has she has a rich boyfriend, she has very nice parents, and she knows that she's getting a settlement. It's only a matter of time. She's going to have some kind of money. She could have worked something out with the landlord, with the owner and with Gina where she can you know, play catch up with her old friend and not being evicted. To me, that's a little strength between you and I. I mean, I lost California, but in Florida you have more time.
Speaker 2: But I'm sorry, even if I if you moved to California tomorrow and I told so Farah Kyle's daughter is my real estate agent. If I told her, you know what Alexi is good for it get her a place, blah blah blah, she would still do a check on you. I don't understand this, Gina. You know, I do agree with Gina being upset about this, But how can you say you vowed for somebody and then all of the real estate you've been a real estate agent twenty two minutes and then they all believe you and they're like, oh, we're good. Or is it because they're like she's on Real Housewives of Orange County.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that's that's that's what it is. That's why that happened. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: So let's call a spade a spade. And I also want to know how much that rent was a month?
Speaker 3: Well, I'd like to know that too. Yeah, I think that's that's a very good, fair question. She hasn't talked about it or said anything, But I just don't know how you get evicted having a family of parents, knowing what she was going through, and obviously she already knows what she has to count on, so she you know, there's no more excuses for her, Like, Okay, I yet, before she knw she was going through a divorce and her settlement, she didn't know what she was you know, what the judge was going to award her or not. But now she really knows what she has to work with, so she needs to know that's all she's going to get every month and what she's going to have in the future. But you know, I think Gina was a little bit harder on her between you like telling her. You know, she didn't even let her talk. I mean, Jen just sat there at lunch and she just got it from Gina. And I mean, I don't know if Gina was very upset. I don't know that I would have been that upset, because.
Speaker 2: I mean, I found I understand why Gina was upset, but I think Gina was upset because she was relating it. Not I get that we're seeing the real estate angle and trying to get the buyers. But what I think Gina was actually really upset about was she was comparing it to her own life. And when she hit the fan and her own life, she fucking figured it out. Yeah, she went to work, she moved into a casida, She fucking changed everything. And I think, whether we mean to or not, we're going to put that on other people. She didn't then look to so and so to figure it out for her. And I think there is a thing between women, and there was even something that you know, Jen's parents said to her, which was like, we are just so grateful that you did figure it out, you found Ryan. That kind of I said that.
Speaker 3: I hate it. They said that, They're like, you're going from one man to another, and this one's even like, look at all his problems already that he has. So yeah, I was very surprised. I mean, I'm not that kind of parent. My parents were not like that, So I was very surprised that they would say it's kind of like the one like to dumper on him, like Okay, thank god you found this man. And by the way, where is where was he? Why did he pay the rent? Would be so great.
Speaker 2: But also I think there's a difference between like if you're in a situation and clearly I get you, guys are gonna come to me. Clearly, my dad has a good amount of money. He's never given it to me, like it's not his thing, he doesn't believe in it. But I do think if I were in a situation where I let him know in advance I am in trouble right now, could you help me in this short term let's figure this out, blah blah blah. I think he probably would. I would never want to get to that situation, but I think he probably would. But letting your parents know after the fact, after you've already been evicted, that's just a lack of taking care of your fucking self, of course.
Speaker 3: I mean that's like, you know, and then putting on your story that you're moving out, I mean that you're moving It's just that's to me, it is mind boggling, like that doesn't work that way. That's why I find it a little bit weird. It's like, you have such a great communication with your parents and a good relationship. Any parent would help on their child if they have the means, obviously, and any boyfriend fiance also as well, also knowing that she was going through this divorce and that it was just a matter of time before she got awarded whatever was due to her. So I don't know, I have a lot of questions there. And also how much was the rent that nobody wanted to pay it, that nobody could pay it? How much was your rent?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how do you sign on? Like right now, if somebody was like, Teddy, do you want to rent this place? It's five hundred thousand dollars. I mean I know I'm making this number up, but a number I can't afford. It's five hundred thousand dollars for the year, I would be like, absolutely not, I cannot afford it. I'm not doing it. And I think that as women, we need to speak to the fact of we need to know our own finances. Regardless if you're married and your job is to be a homemaker, or your job is out in an office, whatever it may be, you have to learn your finances because you can never count on somebody else. And now she's moving into Ryan's house, which, by the way, how has he never used his dishwasher?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know what kind of lifestyle she had before, but never like really did anything. And then she was just relying on that. A lot of women that are going through like a divorce or separation, they are thinking they're gonna get a lot more than what they actually end up getting at the end. So they're really thinking of that number that's not realistic, and then they go and they rent something or whatnot for you know, for a certain amount that they really can't afford. And then she probably thought, between that and the show and whatever, you know, I'll be able to to you know, figure it out and to afford it, and then she couldn't.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts? So do you think that Ryan's paying for her glam and her clothes and stuff?
Speaker 3: But you know, I think that's mean too, Teddy, because you know you've been part of this. You know how brutal those lights are and when we when and the lighting and all that. When we film, we need to have glam because you're not gonna sit there. Sometimes we have like those workout scenes and these girls come out in full lamb, and I'm like, you know what, realistically, I don't put on makeup when I go to the gym, or I'll wear my pir whatever. But then I'm scared not to wear makeup or do my hair because I'm like, these girls are gonna go perfect and then I'm gonna look like shit in the scene. And then they put like the camera in your face and like everybody looks great, and You're like, I'll wash that out.
Speaker 2: So you know, she's in that same in that same token, Gina did her own glam the last episode.
Speaker 3: Okay, well not all of us do good lamb.
Speaker 2: I've done my I'm terrible lamb.
Speaker 3: I like to do my hair and makeup sometimes too, because I'm like, I'm not going to pay for my hair and makeup, just so like you know, to you know, go to the gym. Like one of the scenes. By the way, they do a lot of filming like working out, which I loved. I love to see you know, all the girls on this season. And then this episode that we watched, like almost all the scenes were them working out, either on the beach and the gym and whatnot. So I thought that was fun. But the other thing is like, how do you know that Jen is not like doing like barter with one or one of the.
Speaker 2: Could yeah, she could be bartering I'll post for you in exchange for.
Speaker 3: What was exactly people are always gonna say. But I just thought it was mean, like, Okay, you know how money to pay them for you have money to do lamb like that. You know you already feel like shit, they're being evicted, like you have to throw more, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I I definitely did have empathy for Jen, But I also.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and besides that, like we know that we're doing a show, so I mean, I'm sure if the cameras weren't there and she was going to go have lunch with the friend. She wasn't gonna do her glam but obviously she did it because you know she's part of the show. But you know you already feel like shit, you want to at least look okay.
Speaker 2: But I can also say this my first season. I mean, granted, I did not have that many seasons, but my first season on Beverly Hills, I did not glam very often because I financially did not have the amount of money that I could glam all the time. My second season, I made more money. I never wanted to ask Edwin for money so I could glamb. So my second season I was making more money. I had now ad deals, I had sales, I had all these additional incomes. So I glammed more second season, and people gave me shit for it. They noticed it. They're like, hold, on first season, you weren't glam Now you're glammed. And it's like, yeah, clearly you make a significant amount more your second season. But I also wasn't being evicted, and I also wasn't like it's just it's all shit. It's all shit, right then.
Speaker 3: I just think that it's like me because obviously we know the war, she's doing her glam. Like. Granted, if she was just gonna have lunch with us and she shows up in glam, then we have every right so like call her up and say, wait, you're like doing your glam to have lunch with us when you should, you know, be saving all your money to pay your rent or whatever. But in this case, you know that she's showing up to film, you know, on a show that's on national TV that everybody's watching, and you know, you just have to play the part and spend the money and what you know, maybe she does have a deal with a friend of hers that's a makeup artist that's giving her a good deal, and you know, maybe posting or whatnot. But you know, we you know, we were super critical. We always have something to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Then Shannon and Gina and Emily meet your train for their football game. Gina says she sympathizes with Shannon. Shanna apologizes to g for how she acted. Gina says, Shannon is being honest for the first time ever, which I do think we're getting more honesty from Shannon. But then we get to Tamar and Eddie eating after a bike ride. Tamara bought a house and big Bear Eddie wants to live there permanently. Tamar does not. Tamar gets upset because Shannon is lying to everybody. Eddie says, not to take it. This was I think a very good scene between a husband and wife.
Speaker 3: I loved it. I did love it. I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Because Eddie is like, listen, you can't take it personally, and Tamar says she cares about Shannon and will be there if she reaches out in a heartbeat, but she's choosing herself in the moment. And then granted, they had to order a lot of food because they didn't get to eat at Heather's parties, so then they were like, let's order all the friends.
Speaker 3: Really good advice. I really, I really enjoyed that scene. It was a good husband and wife scene.
Speaker 2: I thought so too. Then Shannon and Heather meet. Heather wanted to see how she was because somebody was talking about the inappropriateness of the editor's flashback to Alexis saying let's not talk about her sex life. Heather asked if Shannon said to Tarmra before the union they need to take Heather down. Shannon says no, that she was angry with Heather, but no, to me, that means yes, I did say that, but I'm over it. And then we kind of then we finish out. We finished out with Gina. And if you right now in the moment had to pick, are you siding with Gina or Jen in this last episode, where I do find it.
Speaker 3: About picking sides honestly, between Gen and Gina, I don't know we're picking sides. I understand Gina's point of view and where she's coming from. I think she's a little bit too tough, you know, with Jen, but I mean it's hard to pick sides. I mean I understand Gina, and like I said, Gina was a very strong character in this episode, Like she was like all over the place, so many good stuff. So I was really happy with her and Jen. I mean I just need like more answers, you know, I really want to know how much your rent was and then why didn't she talk to like her parents and why didn't her fiance. I mean, I get it that they're engaged now, so maybe that's why he wanted to move her over, but I think that there's like a lot of pieces missing, you know, in her story. I mean maybe it's too soon. But I feel like there's so many, so much more missing.
Speaker 2: But I also think there's there's a moment where maybe Gina could have said to and listen. I agree. I agree with Gina, like when we look at like just you know, we put it in black and white. I agree with all with all the things that Gina saying, But I wish there was a moment where Gina said to Jen, listen, I've been where you've been, and I climbed out of and I figured it out and I did the following things. And it really concerns me that you're putting all of your eggs into Ryan's basket, because what is going to happen if that doesn't work out? Because of study was my friend and they were going through the same situation. That's what I would want, not just to shame me because gen.
Speaker 3: Didn't tell Gina, because maybe that's why she kept it from her, because she was afraid, because like are real friends, you know, when you're frindly with the person you tell your friend lies and listen, I'm in this situation. I know you've rented the house for me in the apartment, and I can't afford it. This is what's going on. And my only option right now that I see is maybe moving in with Ryan, But I don't know. Maybe you know, you can help me, Like that's what friends do, right, You ask your friends for advice, You help each other and support each other. But I think that Gina might be even a little bit more mad because gent didn't confide in her and didn't.
Speaker 2: And she found out on the Instagram exactly.
Speaker 3: So I think that they still have a lot more obviously to talk about and things, you know, that they need to settle before. So that's why I think Gina's like just so angry with her because you know, it's not cool, like to find out in Instagram, not only because it was her client, but just because when you're your friend, you don't expect that from your friend. Even if it's like bad news, you want to know about it and you want to try to help them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even if it's like, listen, I'm so sorry, I fucked up. I'm a hot mess express and I can't pay my rent. I appreciate you for doing that favor for me.
Speaker 3: But Gina has an influence. Gina could have talked to the landlord, to the owner of the property, and said, listen, my client is going to do this, but she's suddenly her divorce in sixty days and she's gonna, you know, catch up with on her rent, you know, by this date. I mean there's things I mean. To get Vista from a house, it has to.
Speaker 2: Be like I mean, But that means that she really was not confiding in Gina, which really makes me question, like who is Jen close with and who is she really confiding in? And if the only person is Ryan, there is going to be problems mm hmm.
Speaker 3: But that's especially with a guy like him that there's already so many things being said about him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that brings us through this episode. I'm excited for the season. I think it's back. I'm excited every single person is giving us a little bit and I'm appreciative to it, and I'm enjoying watching the show. I watch all of the shows for as you guys know, for to Teas and a Pod and Orange County. I actually watched it twice to make sure that I was like on point with what I was talking about. So I hope you guys have enjoyed, and thank you so much for joining me from Madrid to recap and I look forward to talking to you next week.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you, Seddi, you are same. Thank you, Bye, guys, Thank you for listening.