Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after. It's my strawberry letter for today subject I'm stressed out in my classroom, but right now the nephew is in the building with today's prank phone call. What you got for us today?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Well, Shirley, A lot of pairers hate to hear it. Some of them get the call. You know, it happens sometimes your son didn't make the team. I'm gonna say it again, your son, Oh wow, didn't make the team. Let's go cat though.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 5: Hello, I'm trying to reach missus Lydia.
Speaker 4: This is she Mass.
Speaker 5: This is coach Watkins up at the up at the school.
Speaker 4: How are you, hey, Coach Watkins? I'm fine. What can I do for you?
Speaker 5: Listen, we've had Maleik out for the last week and a half. He's been coming to practice here at the Junior High School and wanted to reach out and give you a call about everything that's going on.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Well, I know he's really excited. He can't wait to start the season. He's ready working.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what, I'll be honest with you. He's a great kid, and he's got a good heart, and he's really really really trying and trying to produce as much as possible.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, he loves the game and he's been playing since he.
Speaker 6: Was a little kid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know, this is you know, this is the seventh grade. This is the first time some of these kids have played organized football, and this is the first time playing school football. And it's it's a big it's a big transition that if you've been playing little league ball, a pop warner or whatever you want to call it, it's a it's a big difference, in a big transition to go from one to the other.
Speaker 4: You understand, Yeah, I do understand. But Malika's been working really hard, yes, and he's ready.
Speaker 5: Well well, well let me let me say this. My main reason for calling you is letting you know that league as of right now is not going to be able to make the cut as far as what you well, he's not going to be a make the cut as far as being on the team for this year.
Speaker 4: Now, I got wait a minute, you said, wait, wait, you said that Malite is.
Speaker 6: Not gonna be able to make the team. It's not gonna make the team.
Speaker 5: He's a great kid, you know, he's a great.
Speaker 7: You know he's a great kid.
Speaker 4: But wait, maan, Now, he didn't play proper warner and he was a stunning quarterback, So what are you talking about. He's not gonna make the team this year? He was the best they had out on that squad.
Speaker 5: Okay, and you know what, I've heard a lot about him. I heard he did a great job. Heard about him.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, what man, have you seen his stat? Twenty touchdowns in the season.
Speaker 5: I understand what are the kids is out there doing that? But you know what, but right now, we got a lot of different kids that are coming into this particular school, so you know, the competition has gone greater and greater than what we could possibly understand.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, when this is seventh grade, first of all, everybody.
Speaker 6: Makes the team.
Speaker 4: Nobody gets cut in the first place. You got an A team and a B team. So you're telling me, my, he ain't made.
Speaker 5: None of them teams? Right right now, miss Lydia. Uh you know? Uhlik? Like I said, Milika is a great kid. I like it.
Speaker 6: I know what Milik is.
Speaker 4: I know that he's a great kid and he's a ballplayer. Now I make sure that, so don't come telling me that he's not good enough to make.
Speaker 6: The cut on this seventh grade team. Well, don't come telling me who is the quarterback?
Speaker 7: Who?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you tell me what's going on?
Speaker 4: Who is the quarterback?
Speaker 5: Well? Actually, right now, my son is the quarterback?
Speaker 6: Your son?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean you know now, my son, yeah, is actually the quarterback. He hasn't done any pop warn or anything, but he really has what it takes to be the quarter never.
Speaker 6: Played football before, or he's never played organized.
Speaker 4: Football, but he's going to be the quarterback for the seventh grade team. Is that what you're telling me?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, my son is actually a shorting quarterback, but that my son don't make.
Speaker 6: The teach and my son scored twenty touchdown twenty catch down, zeph What you're telling me?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: Hell no, I'm calling up to that school tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I will be up there tomorrow. Let me explain something. What I say? No, no, no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 4: I don't know what this is.
Speaker 6: It's nepotism or whatever you got going on around here. But hell no, my son ain't Nathan what. Hell no, it's gonna be smoking the city tomorrow.
Speaker 5: When I get up there, missus Lydia, What I want to say This is that if your son would take a year off lord and try to get itself together and get the fundamentals together together, a greater football player when he gets to be headed to the eighth grade? Was the wrong this all last year?
Speaker 7: What you going about?
Speaker 6: This fundamentals together? Your son ain't never even price But.
Speaker 5: You know what, I've worked with my son and you know, and it's a little it's a little awkward for me to try to talk about what my son has done.
Speaker 6: Yeahs behalf for you talking about because you don't know what your son has done, because ain't nobody ever seen in your touch. You just got this dream probably something that you ain't did you want to live viciously through him?
Speaker 5: Hell no, that's that is not it. I don't like all in school. I played in high school, and let me play this. I'm trying it through the best that I can and the best of my ability to make sure that everybody gets a good and fair shot at what's going on.
Speaker 6: I say not but he but he don't get to play, So what about getting shot?
Speaker 5: Get the work out to be some ble?
Speaker 6: Throw that to the mother mothers.
Speaker 5: That's some bull. I bet you.
Speaker 4: I guarantee you this my son to be starting this year.
Speaker 6: I guarantee you this.
Speaker 5: You don't want none of that, Okay, right now, all I can say is I need Malik to actually bring his cliques back because my son's gonna need him to play in what I fuck them?
Speaker 6: Your son ain't getting Your son's running down that field, We're gonna run barefoot. He ain't get mine nothing, man.
Speaker 5: From my records. Understanding is that the cliques actually came record, the.
Speaker 6: One that told you that my son. I can't fight your records' thinking about your records, you your mama.
Speaker 5: And the day she bushed your ma'nam. I'm not gonna sit here and go back and forth with you. All I'm trying to say is this that maleigue to do.
Speaker 6: You started looking for a new job. Get your resume together.
Speaker 5: Hey, you know what, ma'am. I'm not gonna go back and for I got one more thing I need to say to you.
Speaker 4: Nothing that you ain't got nothing else to say to me. My son to be playing, and I'll be up there tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I have one more thing I need to say to you or you listen.
Speaker 6: Only thing you need to tell me is who I need to talk to tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Now, I'll let you know that as soon as I tell you this are you're listening?
Speaker 4: I'm listening.
Speaker 5: What this is, Nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Your sister Aina got me to prank phone call you.
Speaker 7: What hell? An?
Speaker 6: I thought that was really cool.
Speaker 5: You got here? You want about said the school wasn't day they was going. Oh man, man, I got some ask what is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the land, The.
Speaker 7: Steve Harvey Loaded Shows.
Speaker 5: Oh lord, you got a lot time.
Speaker 2: Right now in my new top Yeah, long time. You need to get your resume together because you're gonna need work.
Speaker 7: You're trying to live by careiously through him.
Speaker 5: Because not run down the side all your.
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 5: Oh man?
Speaker 1: What every parent of us student athlete is.
Speaker 3: If you involved with your sportsman?
Speaker 2: You know, touchdowns last year, he ain't making team. Who is your boy? Oh there's some of that nepartism.
Speaker 5: Boy, Yes, she did say it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know how you think of this stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, tell me that one right there that said my new top three.
Speaker 3: Big up to all the coaches. That's coaching all about children.
Speaker 5: We love y'all.
Speaker 3: We appreciate y'all. Man, We put our kids in y'all hands, and y'all try to make athletes out of them.
Speaker 2: So damn that if you don't play mine, I'm the lady on.
Speaker 1: The phone, all right, great one king of pranks, all right, thanking of you. Coming up next, Strawberry Letters, subject I'm stressed out in my classroom.
Speaker 5: We'll find out why.
Speaker 1: Right after this, you're listening to Harvey Morning Show.