Speaker 1: You're ready, kiddo.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, my friend of mundo.
Speaker 1: We're celebrating a quarter of a something because it's twenty five.
Speaker 2: You have such a way with words.
Speaker 1: I was to say a quarter of a century. But no, we can rent a car. No, I don't like that analogy.
Speaker 2: Shut up. You can rent a car.
Speaker 1: No, you just don't have to pay as much to rent a car when you're twenty five.
Speaker 2: Let me have this one.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think you can. Oh, by the way, so we've been getting requests. Yeah, serious, because you've seen them. Yeah, people want to hear the whole songs. So let's start the show.
Speaker 3: Simpy doki, I guess tad what's gonna be?
Speaker 1: Weal tells you what's Si Rachel been like?
Speaker 3: SIMPI kim.
Speaker 2: It's their life, Rick doin everything from Jackson Banillas to chrispys.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: Yes, hell no, no, I think that's it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna stop it.
Speaker 2: How do I stop?
Speaker 1: Oh? It just ended great?
Speaker 2: Well now I feel like we are in an embarrassing position.
Speaker 1: No, we're fine. So hey, welcome to Serial Killers episode twenty five. So excited. I'm Scottie Be. That's Andrew over there, and I'm jumping around like a jump around like a that's a ninety song House of Pain. Very good, my friend.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks? Can we also just quickly also shout out some social media stuff that's going on. Of course, let me tell you something, Carla Marie, if you're listening, you will never be a guest host on our podcast.
Speaker 1: No, Anthony, we welcome you with open arms any day of the week, any day of the week, Carla.
Speaker 2: Marie, absolutely not. Have a nice day. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Next Hey, thanks by all Right, so that's a little insider stuff. Maybe you followed along, maybe you didn't. Anyway, so you can follow us at serial Killers PC on Twitter. Will the see Yes, I actually know what I always with a C, but like the words are spelled completely different. Yeah, it's C E R E A L.
Speaker 2: Listen again, I let you take that one and just hope people get it.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, well, serial Killer's PC on Twitter and follow us because we love you for it. So now, as usual, I'm gonna let you choose. Do you want the classic cereal because we do one of those? Or do you want the new Cereal because we also do one of those?
Speaker 2: Classic?
Speaker 1: You want Classic?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, you sure, yes, Okay, going into the cereal sack.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is great. I'm just warning you, all right, I'm warning you from now. The iced tea I drank before this episode. I did it on an empty stomach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't it.
Speaker 2: My stomach is killing right, like fresh brewed.
Speaker 1: Iced tea on an empty stomach. It is just it gives you the huzz Yes, what the huzz I.
Speaker 2: Agreed with that. I had no idea what it's like.
Speaker 1: It's like the gags. Yes, so i'mnauous, right, Okay, So here comes the classic cereal. This cereal was first introduced in nineteen ninety nine, and it was the first addition to the Classic in many, many, many many years.
Speaker 2: Okay, and it is called chicken and waffle cereal.
Speaker 1: No, come on, I don't even think they make it anymore. We've waited so long, and I think that ship has sailed.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: But maybe we'll find some on Amazon or something. All right. So it's from Kellogg's and it's raisin bran crunch.
Speaker 2: Oh my, I love raisin brand crunch. Yes.
Speaker 1: Now, there are a few varieties of this. This is the original. There's also apple strawberry crunch, which I have in my closet. I'll bring you at some point. There's also a vanilla almond one that I believe they just came out with not too long ago. But this is the original raisin brand Crunch. And the difference here is because you know that I love an original Kelloggs raisin brand, and the raisins are sugared. Yeah, but in Crunch it is not.
Speaker 2: Okay, they're not.
Speaker 1: They're just straight up raisins with clumps of granola. And remember him how many scoops Andrew too? Two scoops of raisins. The reason Kellogg's raisin brand so pleasing.
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 1: This one needs a Scotti shake one day.
Speaker 2: I really hope that the bag is open when you do that? Everything Yeah, well, oh no, oh, that is a fell of epic proportions. You really got too excited.
Speaker 1: I ripped the top of the box and now the tab that needs to be inserted won't insert.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for this one.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the bag won't open either. What's going on today? This is a I tore the bag alright, could we start over? I ruined everything? I'm sorry, Scott, look at this mess. Oh, I can't even eat the boxes torn the bag is ripped, I'm gonna need one of those containers like my grandparents.
Speaker 2: You should be ashamed of yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really am.
Speaker 2: Who taught you how to open boxes?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 2: I see there's three cups, which means that we're doing a bonus box.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know what you're talking about. Those are just extra coffee cups that are laying around.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're not slick.
Speaker 1: Oh smell, I love it.
Speaker 2: It smells like cardboard, but I like it.
Speaker 1: It was a pleasant odor odor? No, yeah, fragrance odor odor? Yeahright, hold on, let me get some milk.
Speaker 2: What are we doing today?
Speaker 1: Today? We're using heavy cream?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: No, we're just using one percent.
Speaker 2: Come me by surprise, I'm that Were you ready for it? Yeah? Well no, it's just because I told you I think I'm lactose intolerant.
Speaker 1: That's right, I'm gonna get you lactaed. The next episode will try lacked.
Speaker 2: I'm ninety nine percent sure it happened. Well, that was a fail. You went to go throw the cart and completely missed.
Speaker 1: So we've got flakes. The flakes. These flakes, to me, they're different than regular Raisin brand flakes. There's some type of coating on them. They're not the regular, like thin, flimsy brand flakes that we're used to.
Speaker 2: All right, so here we go. Huh mm hmm. Pour bowl.
Speaker 1: It's nice, maybe a little hint of cinnamon. I like it.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan everything I need.
Speaker 1: It's also heart healthy.
Speaker 2: It's the second ingredient.
Speaker 1: The second ingredient sugar. Okay, are there carbs in this? Oh no, I'm sure there's no carbs at all. It's a total carb fifty six grams per serving.
Speaker 2: So I'm trying to give up carbs this week. Did I fail? Already? You did? Cool?
Speaker 1: I'm also trying to give up sugar. But hey, it's the Serial Killers podcast, and what's cereal without sugar? All right? So you did what? Four balls?
Speaker 2: Yep? I will give this. I want.
Speaker 1: I'm like between three balls and a spoon of four balls. I say give it three balls. Do we round up?
Speaker 2: Or I say for you? You're gonna hit yourself later if you rate this four balls. This doesn't seem like a Scotty four bowls.
Speaker 1: Three balls in a spoon. I do like it. Kellogg's thank you much.
Speaker 2: Oh, let me tell you something. I'm starting to get the bulbs.
Speaker 1: Because it's mixing up with the iced tea. Yes, oh no, all right, so let's move on to the news. Cereal. Now, I apologize to both you and my daughter Cooper because this definitely should have been in the previous episode that we did, which she was here. Yeah, because this is right up her alley. Let me go down to the cereal sack.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about this cereal at all. This one took me by surprise. It's a General Mills creation, and I saw a coupon for it a few weeks ago, and I was like, what what is this?
Speaker 2: I love how you're explaining this like how you met someone on a first date. She took me by surprise. I saw in a coupon.
Speaker 1: Well, you're you're on track, You're on track, So let me just sep with the cereal box I might have. Let's reveal it. It's from General Mills and it is Mermaid. What it's brand new, just released from General Mills. It's called Mermaid, and somehow I got the family size.
Speaker 2: Wait when you said you slept with the box, I'm now actually concerned by Look how pretty she is, oh Scott, Oh no, no, no, no, no, I like turquoise eyed, purple haired girls. If the bag is open and I'm not eating it, which there's a hole in.
Speaker 1: The side of the box. What is that all right? So it's a Naturally it's a family friendly podcast, naturally fruit flavored sweetened corn puffs with other natural flavors. And they're the same color as applejacks. They're that that peachy you know, and green colored. I love the Mermaid. The font of the box.
Speaker 2: Money they spent, right, like, they spent a lot of money on this cereal.
Speaker 1: That's well on the box. Yeah, not on the cereal. It's probably the same crap that's in every other box. But this has like shiny mermaid letters. Look at that. Look oh at prism.
Speaker 2: The Mermaid has a nice box.
Speaker 1: It is a very beautiful box.
Speaker 2: What I was saying was that it goes with the trend of new cereals just being like object cereal. Yeah, there's no hint at what it is.
Speaker 1: Kellogg's has the Unicorn one, yeah, and there's the unicat one also now some crazy something or other. So it's just yeah, it's you know what, whatever's hot with the times, what kids are doing doing, that's what they coming out that's why they have the unicorn marshmallows and lucky charms. And let me tell you, I saw report that when they put the unicorn marshmallows and lucky charms, sales increased by double digits. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: You're just getting so into this, but it's true these things, you know. It's all right, nice bag. Oh this looks like cat food.
Speaker 2: Maybe they got some left Oh hey, maybe this is left over from the cat cereal.
Speaker 1: That's funny. This looks like cat food. They're little stars and I think those are little mermaids or fish, and maybe they're fish. They're fishing stars.
Speaker 2: The funny part about it, so it's like actual cat food because those are the shapes of cat food. It's like imagine if you had like miniature applejacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what they look like, but they're shapes. It smells like fruit loops, you know. I don't know it has a fruit loop sense.
Speaker 2: Oh no it doesn't. No, this smells like a different cereal. And I'm trying to put my finger on it.
Speaker 1: You smell with your nose.
Speaker 2: Come on, let me have it. This is a heavy box too.
Speaker 1: It's not quite fruit loops. It has that. I know it's weird, but it has that General Mills smell. I know that makes no sense to you whatsoever, but it just smells like General Mills fruity cereal. There's really no explanation.
Speaker 2: There's a certain cereal. I just okay, well, well it's fun for us to explain that.
Speaker 1: I know what it's one of the Is it one of the monster cereals? Is like maybe like Frankenberry or something like that. M no, all right, well let's let's dive in one, two three.
Speaker 2: I know what it is.
Speaker 1: It tastes like something else too, berry berry Kicks. Yep, you might be right. It is that is a General Mill cereal.
Speaker 2: This is berry berry kicks.
Speaker 1: Me close my eyes, like I know it is.
Speaker 2: Is that what it is is?
Speaker 1: But it's definitely something. There's no this cereal is identical to another cereal.
Speaker 2: I'll say it one more time. It's berry berry Kicks.
Speaker 1: Right. I think you might be mistaken, but you also could be right. Do I need to tell you again? I'm also getting essence of like fruity pebbles.
Speaker 2: I like this one. This one gets three bowls in a spoon for me.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good. I'm gonna do the same three bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: You know my daughter would give it more because it's sugar. But oh, let me look at the ingredients. Whole grain corn, sugar, the ones.
Speaker 2: That are by themselves. Again, I feel like I'm noticing a lot of Cereals taste like a plain cheese doodle. Okay, that one that didn't have that much flavor on it was plain cheese doodle flavor.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you get the you mean just the corn, Yeah, like the puff part. Okay, I got it, kind of like a Kicks plain kicks. Yeah, all right, So I want to make you happy. Okay, so there has to be a bonus box.
Speaker 2: So does this mean it's chicken and waffle Cereal? No, then I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 1: This is not true because if you go back a few episodes, you have mentioned this many times.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can tell you what it is.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want you to tell me what it is. I want you to tell me what it is with my clever.
Speaker 3: Disguise kid little kids won't make me go coo cool for my favorite cereal Delicious punt Chae crunch Chi chocolatey cocoa bobscause they're part of this plectiball precious breakfast.
Speaker 2: Gee, we're sunny now here are.
Speaker 1: We thought like a bite of puff?
Speaker 3: Oh yockly tasting cocoa funchy crunchy.
Speaker 1: Now, these kids are little a holes, and I'll tell you why because in every single commercial, Sonny's trying his best to not go cuckoo for cocoa puffs, and these kids are like going to a recovering crack addict. He just have a little here, here, just have some, have a little more. He's trying his hardest to not have it, but they just stick it out of his promises. That's right, they stick it in his face and he has to go cuckoo. He was wearing a mask of disguise in that one because he didn't want them to know it was Sonny Well in there.
Speaker 2: In the kid's defense, if you saw a bird with a trench coat, aren't you gonna be like that? Bitch? Is Sonny.
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: In any event, let me go down to the cereal sack and pull out your cocoa puffs. Yes, finally, after twenty five episodes, you get your cocoa puff.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I love cocoa puffs, and Sonny here is just like out of his gourd. Look at him, he's going ape for cuckoo for chocolate milk.
Speaker 2: Can we just back up? I think you're the only human in existence to say out of their gourd gord?
Speaker 1: Yes, you know what a gord is.
Speaker 2: That's a punkin. Yes, you're the only person that uses that phrase though.
Speaker 1: Oh that means pumpkin spice cereal is coming soon? Yeah, no, I'm not into it.
Speaker 2: If the iced t he is making me nauseous, I can only imagine what pumpkin spice is gonna do.
Speaker 1: That's pretty lamb. These is the same picture on the front of the box as they did on the side of the box, And it looks like he is a recovering crack addict. Is it a money saving tactic? And now is he sucking or blowing? I look, I can't really tell. He's got a straw in his mouth and there's like milk going everywhere. But I'm not sure what's going on.
Speaker 2: But he's a bird, so the beak doubles as a nose.
Speaker 1: This is true? Is he snorty in a minute? Birds can't suck what or blow? They well, never mind, he's a cartoon, I guess so naturally, you've just realized he's a cartoon. Naturally flavored frosted corn puff from General Mills. Whole grain is the first ingredient, and the second ingredient is sugar.
Speaker 2: It's somewhere I want to believe that you've gone how many years of your life?
Speaker 3: How old are you?
Speaker 2: Forty?
Speaker 1: Whatever?
Speaker 2: You've gone that many years of your life? Being like, I'm gonna see Sonny in real life one day.
Speaker 1: What would you do if you busted in the door right now?
Speaker 2: I'd be like, listen, we got to check you back into rehab.
Speaker 1: But first, Scotty likes furries, all right, So now Scotty is a furry So here we go. You know what, look at that look? Look how like glazed they look. They used to be more dull. I remember when I was a kid, they were more dull. Now there's just more sugar.
Speaker 2: You know, it's worried about worries me about it?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Because they're shinier. That means that the milk won't becomes chocolate.
Speaker 1: Well that's probably why he's going nuts with his straw over here. That's look at that. That bowl is just full of chocolate milk. Yeah, it's crazy. Yeah, every kid's dream come true. All right, So here we go, one percent milk. This this would be good with whole milk, There's no doubt because thick chocolate milk rules not good for me later but well no, but good for now. It is cocoa puffs.
Speaker 2: I'm already telling you four bowls in a spoon, but let's try.
Speaker 1: Somewhere in the sixties. I believe these things came out, and how you're going in already, I'm just waiting because the milk is already turning chocolatey.
Speaker 2: Four bowls and a spoon, Okay, amazing. You get the flavor, you get the chocolate milk.
Speaker 1: There, just as I remember, yep.
Speaker 2: Let's go wrong.
Speaker 1: Four balls from me. It would get an additional spoon if it had marshmallows, and I'm pretty sure that there was a version with marshmallows at one point.
Speaker 2: Cocoa puffs'mores, think about it.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking I think it would be a good idea. Well again, that goes back to no Rocky Road Cereal wasn't like that.
Speaker 2: There was a Rocky Road Cereal.
Speaker 1: Dude, I've mentioned this seventeen times, almost once an episode.
Speaker 2: Sometimes.
Speaker 1: It was a General Mills creation in the late eighties. It was called Rocky Road and it was like a street sign that said Rocky Road.
Speaker 2: I feel like you did not tell me this.
Speaker 1: I did so many times. It's got a golden Gram's gram Yeah okay, and then chocolate covered marshmallows with tiny little nuts on them.
Speaker 2: I actually do remember you, tay yeah.
Speaker 1: And there was and there was a whole band. There was three of them. They were all in the band.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Marcia. Marcia was the mellow. She was one of the band mates. I forget the other guy's names. It was a short lived cereal, but it was delicious.
Speaker 2: Well I think they should bring it back. Oh hold on, oh boy.
Speaker 1: So here is a commercial from nineteen eighty five General Mills Rocky Road Cereal. It's New Rocky Road Cereal with Choco band and featuring.
Speaker 3: Marcia Jacks and Vanilla fust the Rockypsiful. Use get a Chaco.
Speaker 2: New Rocky Road cereal.
Speaker 3: Little marshmallows with a chocolatey nutty coating mixed with vanilla and chocolate puffs.
Speaker 1: Part of this complete breakfast.
Speaker 2: I have one thing to say after watching that commercial, it was frightening. Why did they make the marshmallow sexy? She was right, she's got them things, Yes she does. Well, back to the cereal graveyard for that one. That was only a short lived.
Speaker 1: Couple of years. Marshall, they need you to come back. Yes, Mars please that that's a fantastic cereal.
Speaker 2: I'm into it, like if it came back, like, I wouldn't hate that.
Speaker 1: Chocolate covered marshmallows. No, that's in the candy aisle.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't be such a lean.
Speaker 1: Let's wrap this thing up. Thank you for listening to Serial Killers. It's episode twenty five. Yes, we made it this far.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it. Yes, Cayler Marie, you're still not allowed to ever be a guest host on this podcast because.
Speaker 1: She can't eat anything that she says. When she worked here, she ate all this crap happened. She moved out to Seattle, and now she's a groanola.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and listen to her and her trying to be guilt trip mean to be like I've known since I was thirteen, I was lac toast intolerance.
Speaker 1: I don't pull up my pants when I was a kid. Well, congratulations for you, dude. I put my pants all the time and still eat and drink everything. Who cares, Well, that's a you problem, it sure is. Thank you for listening to Serial Killers episode twenty five. I'm Scottie B.
Speaker 2: And I'm Andrew.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Twitter serial Killers PC. That's cereal with a C and then an E R A E L e A L. Oh my god, I can't spell.
Speaker 2: You were thinking way too much into this, and then a E R A Are you spell it right? C? E R E A L.
Speaker 1: Literally we've spelled cereal like four times now, and every time I've spelled that, you've been like, no, it's with e al. I don't know what's going on, but please subscribe to us however you get your podcast you say that, Well, you know, I just want to move on because I'm ready to get out of here.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I guess spending time with me.
Speaker 1: No, it's not that, it's just, you know, I have to come clean. You know. In the last couple of weeks, I've tried to stop eating so much sugar.
Speaker 2: You've been doing such a good job.
Speaker 1: I really have, and I am now just eating like one spoonful of just having a taste, just like people do. Well, no, people eat bowls of cereal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't eat six bowls at a time though.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess you're right there. I'm gonna drink this chocol milk though, because it does look delicious. Thank you, Sonny. You are cuckoo for cocoa puffs, so.
Speaker 2: I really hope you can help. People are worried about you.
Speaker 1: They are. He's back in the asylum. Thank you for listening. We got to go until next time. Say crunch, Andrew, crunch.
Speaker 2: The scap on my foot is coming off.
Speaker 1: You're discussing