Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Nathan Hager, joined by Bloomberg's Bailey Lipshultz. Where the stock in focus certainly this morning is Intel. It seems like we go back and forth on the AI narrative with every earnings report, and this morning, Bailey looks like things are looking pretty good.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning. And it does seem like things are looking pretty good.
Speaker 4: But a few hours ago the stock with up closer to ten percent.
Speaker 3: Right now it's only up about three and a half percent.
Speaker 4: That does come after the company posted its fastest growth in fifteen years, driven by AI data centers. Intel really crushing expectations. Revenue rows to sixteen point one billion dollars in the month or three months ending in June. So the one thing that Wall Street is really kind of poking at. The company expects to raise closer to, or spend closer to, twenty billion dollars this year. That's relative to eighteen billion in forecast higher spending for twenty twenty seven, so as much excitement as there was after the initial print, we're now seeing the stock up closer to three and a half percent. We've been seeing a number of these companies beating expectations and trading lower, so it'll be interesting to see what's baked into a stock that's up more than one hundred and fifty percent year to date, but also down about thirty percent from its recent highs.
Speaker 1: The spending story has certainly been a big part of this earning season for sure. I guess we're still waiting for a launch, a test launch from SpaceX for the starship. How's that stuck looking this morning, Dailey?
Speaker 4: Today is supposed to be the day, Nathan, but yesterday was supposed to be to the day a week ago was supposed to be Today. Stocks down just less than two percent, though it did rally a touch on Thursday, even though most of Wall Street was down quite sharply. So All Eyes and Ears will be on a targeted five forty five local time launch in Texas.
Speaker 3: The company did blame unfavorable weather.
Speaker 4: Also had a bit of interesting news from Bloomberg that the company is shifting away from letting Falcon customers their current rocket, the Falcon nine, trying to push away customers from using that rocket and towards this starship rocket beyond twenty twenty eight, So a number of years between now and then. But the big bet is that starship, the launch that we've been waiting for them to see a real success, the one that's we are expecting today. Need to get that off the ground and have some real success with Bloomberg recording that they're going to try to get customers beyond twenty twenty eight on board the Starship train.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, besides Intel, of course, the big focus on earnings, we did hear from a couple other companies, including Deckers.
Speaker 3: How they do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Deckers, the owner of Uggs and Hoka, disappointing for your EPs forecast short of what Wall Street was looking for in the first quarter. Their first quarter, they did see decent sales from slightly beating what estimates were. Hokah were actually weaker than people were expecting. I don't know if you're a Hocus guy, but I feel like a lot of people in New York must rest guy.
Speaker 3: You're a flip. I love it. What can I tell you? I've got about two point thirty percent.
Speaker 4: It did extend a five data client though, so not a lot of optimism coming from deckers. But we're not even quite into the fun part of the consumer earning season.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.