Speaker 1: This is a podcast called twenty five Whistle stuck in football and they are were a whistle so yet it's too bad? But what did you expect? It's a podcast called twenty five Whistles, twenty wine wheel.
Speaker 2: Pretty good whistle. I don't can you today that I'll have to do. We're about to do twenty five losers. It's like when Arkle was on Full House. They did one of those crossover episodes so to be us to have whistles and sore losers and it got weird. It started off semi strong and then it got really weird by the end. But what do we expect? You know, that's coming up in a second almost new year. Top ten Sports stories of twenty twenty four. This is from NBC Sports at number ten. Raff and Andy Murray both retired from tennis. As a tennis guy for a little bit because I traveled a bit with Andy. We'd go to events and you know, I went to the US Open, one of the best friends. I don't feel like Andy Murray is the same as Raff and the doll no great in that second tier of all timers. You know, the first tier of all timers is Raf and Federer and Djokovic obviously, and the second tier still massive would be like the Murray's Erotics America Tennis Roddicks number is the highest, yeah, agasy, yeah and yeah, but second tier, Yeah, there's other three were like at one point all three of those guys were the greatest of all time. Yeah, yeah, I'm still a big deal in tennis, I guess, but yeah, right to me and Andy Murray. Not the same. But what the heck do I know about tennis? I have a little bit of knowledge that all got squeezed in at about a four year period, but still not the same. Yeah. Number nine, the Dodgers won the World Series. Mhm. I guess it's a big story whoever wins the World Series. But just because it's Los Angeles, that's that's the story. And it's the Dodgers, one of the big namesake teams in Otani and lots of stuff. But I mean they did pay a lot for that, I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it wasn't no surprise, There was no fun run. It was kind of like, oh they won.
Speaker 2: Cool, heck of a story. Good for Otani. Yeah that was cool. Yeah, he goes over and wins. He was never gonna win with the Angels No. Number eight. Michigan wins national championship for different reasons. That was a big story Harball. He ended up leaving afterward. He finally got it the Connor Stallions recording. Other teams got caught. Other teams do it, okay, whatever, but they haven't been caught.
Speaker 1: That was cool.
Speaker 2: First time since nineteen forty eight, like outright national championship. I think they split one ninety seven. I think that was before they did the overall number one. I think they had ninety. I think that's the case where they're they were like ap and somebody else's coaches something like that. But I think since like nineteen forty eight, you can hit me on this, I think they were the first time they that was the one they won by themselves.
Speaker 1: It was weird.
Speaker 2: They had two champions with two diferent grees, by the way, and also they used to get the championship away sometimes the teams before their bowl games, and then the team would lose a bowl game after and be like, wait, that was like the sixties, how they do that?
Speaker 1: Crap?
Speaker 3: It was ninety seven?
Speaker 1: Was it? Ohio?
Speaker 2: Who were the two champions? I'll keep going Number seven the Boston Celtics win the NBA Championship. That's Kevin's team, right, won the eighteenth title beat the Mavericks. Tatum finished with thirty one points and the clincher of But Tatum did not win the MVP, although he was he is the best player on the team. That's kind of hilarious.
Speaker 3: But Talem Brown went crazy Eastern Conference finals and the.
Speaker 2: Finals, you go crazy. What do you see about Michigan Nebraska? I don't know, I know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yes, ap pole was Michigan. Coach's poll was Nebraska?
Speaker 2: And was it flipped on both or they were both the number two and the other one because the Rose Bull would like have to take the Big ten and the Pac twelve, and so sometimes one and two couldn't even play each other because of their obligations conference to the school or to the bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because this even says the champion is Nebraska, and then the other website says Michigan is a champion.
Speaker 2: Crazy. Yeah, that's over seven. Number six. The Olympics in Paris. Yeah, I'm trying to think of my thoughts on the Olympics. Fine, it was pretty good. The time thing was the time thing is weird. It's difficult for us when things aren't live live.
Speaker 3: But was there, Like I'm trying to think of one event or something that I watch that I remember right away and one hundred yep.
Speaker 2: That's why I can say, no, this printer yeah, because he was yeah, yeah, but even then. Yeah. Number five, which I would put at number one, is because this is from NBC Kaitlin Clarke being freaking dominant, changing the game of basketball and women's sports and creating tension within her own sport, not by anything she said or an action she had other than just being awesome and also starting off the year and people be like, well, look she's uprat because she didn't start super high, because she came right off of the season in Iowa. Because and then after the break when she had a little time, like dude, she's awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think she finished like second MVP, maybe second or third top three, did win Rookie of the Year again going for memory here, but she did set the three pointer record single season, yes, again in the same year she played at Iowa. So Caitlin Clark number five. Otani's gambling scandal at number four, Like this is like Epstein killed himself.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yeah, we know, like come on, yeah.
Speaker 2: Like we may not know exactly and we probably don't because we don't know exactly anything, but you're gonna tell me Otani didn't know any that was going on. Yeah, that's a lot, a lot, it's a lot happening. A guy is super cool and again some stuff may and Epstein may have killed himself. M hm, a lot of stuff surrounding that. And think about that. If O Tonic is out, baseball loses their biggest star. Yeah, when baseball is struggling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny. How at the end of the year, like you, you completely forgot that that was even a story.
Speaker 2: Yep, what I bet it would be a story. I lost that money.
Speaker 3: I know, maybe next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Number three, Lebron James reaches forty thousand points in the NBA. Lebron James set any record for the NBA When he scored his forty thousands point I thought it was a bigger deal. Also, it was the same year, so it counts. No, I guess this is your twenty twenty three. I thought a bigger deal when he beat Kareem's record, because he did beat it. I get forty thousand. It's something somewhere that no one's been. But that number just doesn't really resonate with people. Yeah, because it's not like something that people hold out like Kareem has thirty hundred and eighty six points. We can't wait. We're sixty one home runs Roger Maris ninety sixty one. When that was beat that was a big deal when somebody hit seventy, because it's a weird thing. Yeah, nobody ever goes no One. I wonder who's gonna hit forwty thousand first?
Speaker 1: But big deal.
Speaker 2: Number two. Can't City Chiefs win third Super Bowl in five years?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Because they are now a one to dynasty dynasty dynasty, that's right, So Chiefs are dominant. And then number one, do you know the answer? Top ten sports starts of twenty twenty four? Do you know if you know the answer, don't say if you've seen it, don't say it.
Speaker 3: I mean, let me think twenty twenty four. Oh no, that was twenty three.
Speaker 2: Take a guess. Are you gonna Penalijah? I'm gonna lose your money.
Speaker 3: I know I was gonna say that Taylor Swift and that sports related but that was twenty.
Speaker 1: Three where that really popped off.
Speaker 2: So you want to hitt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, can you give a hit?
Speaker 2: Do you have an answer at all? No, it's kind of stupid. We got very excited about it and then it was kind of stupid, but it still broke records. At some point during it, you might have even started to feel guilty for one of the parties.
Speaker 3: This political thing.
Speaker 2: There were only consisted of two people. Oh yeah, it was it, Mike Tyson. Oh my gosh, Jake Paul, Mike Tyson, most stream sporting event in history, one hundred million peoples tuned in's job is because of the record, because of the most stream sporting event ever, and that was it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I guess your hints were pretty spot on too, Yeah, because you know, one thinks that would be the number one answer, and that wasn't even that long ago.
Speaker 2: I was like, I know February sorry from Mike Tyson was happening. I was like, oh, okay, so do a quick break, come back, and we will get to our episode of twenty five losers or sore whistles, although sore whistles feels like some sort of STD. So twenty five losers, Thank you. I originally went to Ray. I was like, hey, like four in the morning. It was like radio and do a joint episode, and Ray's like, yeah, sure, and here we are. We turned off all the screens so it wasn't reflective of either one of our shows, either Sored Losers or twenty five Whistles. So this is like when I Ran and Switzerland meet at the table of a different country and they have to have everything has to be exactly the same. So everybody feels even. And the only I feel like we've negotiated the terms Ray and I ahead of time. The only thing is you have to bring something to the table. We'll panel it and everybody around the room will.
Speaker 4: Answer, oh interesting.
Speaker 2: And raymundo, you get to start, okay, because well you and I were the ones who thought of this. You guys are are ambassadors. I guess Ray was just here when I was here. We were early in the morning. There was nothing to it except for Ray and I talking before anybody else got to work.
Speaker 4: Ok good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Ray, So as long as it's not super timely, because this is going to be from when we record when we air it, people could die, so know that, correct.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ray, it's on you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this has been bothering me for a while, and I can't really talk to Long Bunchbox about it because it's awkward because it's just me and him on the show. But so he'll bring to the show his soccer stories, which is fine. He can't really talk about it on the Bobby Bone Show because it's not that interesting for our audience. People in there, you know, driving to school with soccer moms. So he'll tell his soccer stories and it's fine. I hear the soccer story. That's all great. And then I got my buddy South Beach. He goes, hey, man, you got to get in on this Premier League bet Chelsea to be the top two at the end of the season.
Speaker 1: It ends in May. Man, you could make two thousand.
Speaker 5: So I got lunches stories, I got South Beach tell me to get in on this bet.
Speaker 1: And then I get an.
Speaker 5: Email Nashville sc wants me to be a season ticket holder for four hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's not bad.
Speaker 1: So cheap tickets.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: My question to y'all is this the universe is telling me I need to be into soccer.
Speaker 1: I just don't give a dang we'll.
Speaker 2: Go around the room now and we'll go in the order we're sitting, Eddie.
Speaker 4: I will say that I went to my first soccer game, the Nashville SCS that Is Soccer Club two years ago and I loved it. I'm not a soccer guy. I'm Hispanic, but never been a soccer guy. It's like back home, you would turn on the TV, like on Sunday morning and it would be a Mexican soccer.
Speaker 2: Game, like that was just part of our life. That's you're back home totally. But I know Mexicano games in Arkansas, it'd be in my home. I wouldn't watch it. I'm like you, Ray never cared about it.
Speaker 4: But when I went to that game, it was awesome, like pure energy the entire match, like them running back and forth and the strategy of passing the ball, trying to move that ball down the field andlaing us now, and then the guy comes and slides like right in front of you while you're.
Speaker 1: In the same best feeling ever is if they slide right where you are. It's like, that is the coolest thing.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you something, boys, it's awesome when you see it live.
Speaker 2: So what is your advice to him.
Speaker 4: Get the season tickets for that cheap.
Speaker 2: Five hundred bucks. You're gonna have to be actually be a real fan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's thirty games, so maybe it's ends up being twenty five dollars apiece if I did the math correctly.
Speaker 2: So I would say, too, they're not gonna be that good of seats. That's probably the lowest, and you're not a diehard, I would say avoid. Soccer's fine, there's the reason the most popular sport in the world. I'm sure you been doing. Yeah, of course you have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now weird.
Speaker 2: To watch us play Cincinnati. They have a team f C Sincati not the thing, but I do. I do respect it. It's it's the biggest port in the world for a reason. It's really exciting, and I think when people are like, man, it's so slow. No, there's people are running like crazy. But just spend five hundred bucks on season tickets when you're not a fan of something, and then your seats aren't going to be that good. If someone want to give you like ten thousand dollars season tickets, I'll be like, dude, take those because you have good seats and you're a fan.
Speaker 1: That's this guy over here.
Speaker 2: But you got to be a fan to be a season ticket holder unless you can sell them every week, and then that's just a pain in the butt. I'd say avoid, keep your money. Find one of those. You're a gaying cricket leagues, you bet on it one in the morning. Focus on that. Because I feel like soccer for you or for me, it's fine. Respect. It didn't grow up with it, so I don't love it. That'd be a waste of money.
Speaker 5: And if you guys are looking for the home games, you know how you when you see a football game, the team on the right is the home team.
Speaker 1: You always see a score okay on the field, okay, right?
Speaker 5: Not a soccer guy, so go ahead to the bottom line, or if ESPN does a score, it's always a team on the bottom.
Speaker 1: Or the team on the right was the home team?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: In soccer, guys, get ready, team on the left right home? Oh god day, can you adjust to that way?
Speaker 3: What about the team on the top of the scoreboards like that? Are that home?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't either that one.
Speaker 4: Just get with everyone.
Speaker 2: Is there a color jersey thing in soccer? Lunch box to home jersey? Where home team was dark, other teams white.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good question. No, because sometimes national I'll see where's their yellow jerseys? At home? Sometimes they wear their black jerseys. So I don't know how they I don't know if the like opposing team gets to pick which jersey they're gonna wear, or if the home team gets to tell you what color they're wearing and then you adjust. I'm not sure how that works. But yellow is not white, right? Maybe do they have a white jersey?
Speaker 2: They were on the road and yellow is actually a primary color like in sports, home team was one.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't think they have a white jersey. You don't, not that I can remember. When I watch them, I'm like, I don't think so, because like MESSI they had with Miami, they have a pink jersey and like a black jersey. So I don't know how they determine what they're wearing.
Speaker 2: I bet you Reid could google us how they decide what jersey to wear? Not euro League? Do what is our league called?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh no, we're not, We're not America. We take the leftover from Premiere when they're on their way down and they come over to MLS.
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 2: Got it. I'm gonna go pass them the five hundred bucks. The Seatson gonna be good anyway, and you're not a superman, Kevin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna say the same, but for a different reason. I went to one game with Box. I think last year we saw MESSI shout out Box, I was awesome you went to that game. Yeah, it was cool. He had a couple of ex Chickenys like want to come. I was like, yeah, it was great. It was awesome messies. I mean, he just toys with people out there. But the reason I'm going to say no is because the parking situation at Jodas is a nightmare. You have to park so far and if you park close then you just sit in traffic for an hour going out, and so after like three games, you just get over it.
Speaker 2: I'd like to say on that I like football. I don't go to a Titans game because it's traffic because I and suck and I love football and I love soccer. I'm I dealing with of a sport I love, yeah, and a team. I'm like six out of ten like because of traffic, ain't no chance.
Speaker 3: Same with concerts at Nissan, same thing. It's a night. I mean, you better know that you're in for a long night.
Speaker 1: Any yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you get parking though with the season tickets, because that's game changer for five hundred bucks, probably not have your bike.
Speaker 1: No, you don't get parking. You can buy a season ticket parking pass to park on the grounds, but however long you've been a season ticket member, that's priority, and sometimes they sell out. And I'm going to tell you the first few games we went to is a nightmare to park because you park on the lot or wherever on the stadium, they make you park on the racetrack. Take us two hours to get out. It was terrible. Then one time we didn't get a parking pass, so we just drove. We parked in someone's backyard for thirty bucks. We were out of there and on the highway in six minutes. It's absolutely easy once you get it down.
Speaker 2: Hey man, thirty bucks a game though, dude, that's more than tickets.
Speaker 5: Well, and then you also get access to the messy game what Kevin talked about.
Speaker 1: That's the one you really want to go.
Speaker 2: But does that even happen?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't think that's guaranteed.
Speaker 2: That's like you get the play game, good luck and coming back?
Speaker 3: What if they what load management? Load management? He doesn't play?
Speaker 2: They did happen in Canada? I saw that crap.
Speaker 1: Well, he does not play on turf field. So a lot of places that have turf fields they get screwed because people pay a lot of money for the tickets and they're like, where's Messi? Yeah, and they it's but you know, yeah, that's like buying hawk to a coin. H what do you think is going to do? If you buy turf tickets, you can look ahead of times, so he's not going to play there, Like what do you think?
Speaker 4: Then don't buy it.
Speaker 2: I don't feel Baptist people anymore if they knew he wasn't playing on TIS.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I kind of scammed some people this summer because he speaking of Hawk tool Miami was coming to Nashville, and I knew that Messi was playing for Argentina during that window. It was an international window where they had international games. But the average fan doesn't know that. They think, oh Messi, they see Miami Messi. So I put my tickets up for like three hundred dollars A pop boom sold them.
Speaker 2: But you do see Beckham though, right, got the casual. Does he come He didn't play, though, dude not. But he goes to the game watching executive. You want to go how binoculars and you look up in a suite, he may be there.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be.
Speaker 4: Guys, when you go to a game and you know Romo and lances up there, you're not like where are they at?
Speaker 2: Or split second? Nobody buys a ticket to go watch an executive.
Speaker 4: No, no, you don't buy two. But that's pretty cool to see, like David Beckham when I see like on TikTok he walks on the field afterwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: We go buy ticket to do that?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, definitely not, definitely not.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's our advice. Ray, thank you. I don't know who's you're taking.
Speaker 4: You're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: You're not a soccer guy, though.
Speaker 1: Well, this guy always throws around.
Speaker 5: I'm a season ticket holder, so I kind of want to be a stakeholder too.
Speaker 2: It is a thing.
Speaker 1: It is a flex.
Speaker 2: You just have season tickets, okay, Eddie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I saw like a while back, I'm on Rock, I'm on Rob the same brown. He was talking about how when he played in the Bills game. He was really, really sick and he threw up, and it was the interview was crazy because he said, I've never thrown up before. Oh really, he's in his twenties, Seinfeld and he said he's never thrown up before, which I thought was bizarre, Like Jerry Seinfeld didn't throw up.
Speaker 1: There's a episode on that how I did watch, But dude, do twelve.
Speaker 2: Shut my desk sits that direction?
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's a whole episode on that.
Speaker 4: Would you google that how He's never thrown up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that is very rare, but continue on so rare.
Speaker 4: So I want to ask you guys, like, what's the craziest throw up story that you've ever Yeah, because my I'll start with mine. Mine was crazy, Dude. I was home for Christmas. I didn't seen my friends for a while. This is like when we were in college and we went out, we partied hard, came home the next came home that night, and I woke up at four in the morning and it felt like it was in swimming pool. Oh, it was so bad. And my parents were just like they were so sweet about it, helping me like get in the shower and everything. But that's the craziest Heck, dude, that was nuts and I don't remember doing it.
Speaker 2: You feel so happy about that is the weird part. It's like, I can't wait to time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So apparently Jerry has a streak of thirteen years without vomiting.
Speaker 1: So that's what they said.
Speaker 2: Wow, thirteen years of that and I can't wait.
Speaker 5: He's never got the flu, like as a kid, he never got sick, but didn't vomit. Could you poop? Saying, you know, as your body getting rid of stuff. I have to think because I don't have a drink, I don't have to throw up. Story other than getting come back to me, Kevin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mine's probably gonna be. When I was in high school, we got we got in trouble, me and two other players on the football team. This is in springball though, and our coach made us come in on a Saturday morning. He was like, he kicked us out of practice that day and he's like, you by her come back on Saturday morning. We're like, yeah, whatever. So we went out in party Friday night and we came so hung over on Friday and he made us run laps around the track and all we were doing after I think one or two lots, so just throwing up. And I remember is captain Captain Morgan and I've never d of the team.
Speaker 1: Was like, you still him as captain? That's cool, but that was rough.
Speaker 3: I hated that, hated that have didn't drink Captain Morgan.
Speaker 2: Since I have mine, I wrote about it my book Fell Until You Don't. We were playing Million Dollar Show and it was a night Garth was playing with us, and all we have, all these massive acts that are playing. I was so sick that day too. I could go to the Minute Clinic or the whatever that's called. They have eight or nine different names for those peaces and I get it steroids, hick or whatever, and all driving. And I didn't go to sound check because I remember the band Perry did sound check and these guys had like funny stories about the band period sound checking because in a peculiar way, and are you ready like all these things, I don't even know because I wasn't there, and so I met all sound to miss everything and it was like ten minutes told the show store. I was vomiting like crazy outside the Ryman and I vomited, vomited. There was nothing after you know how you vomited. There's nothing more, it's just oh yeah, yeah heaving what they h and so it just got to a heave. So once I knew it was a heave, went out and did the whole show, and you know, only heaved twice during the show. But I turned my back. I was like, oh, thank God. And then we just back up and keep going. I wrote it, I forgot. I wrote about that, but it's not a It was vomiting all up until that point, and then there was empty. There's nothing left. My body still wanted to get That was what was weird about the human body. Why are you trying to get rid of something you don't even have? More like if there's something bad in there in your body? Did the whole show, Garth finished. Then show was over. I went back home. It was six for like three days. But I thank the Good Lord above because I think he got me through it. I wasn't drunk, though it's a terrible feeling, terrible feeling lunchbocks. Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, when I drink, I don't throw up. I for some reason, could drink a lot, never threw up. So I'll take you back to when I was nine years old, and I'd been sick for like four days and I was finally feeling better and my mom I was like, can I have AJ spin the night. She's like, yeah, a J can spin them. You know your fever's gone, no problem. So AJ spends the night, and I guess I woke up in the middle of the night and I had puked on my bedroom wall because when I woke up, it was just coming down the wall in the morning, like it was just like a big old black and that's one of my memories of throwing up. I was like, how did I wake up onto the wall and go back to sleep as a nine year old? And AJ was sleeping in the bed right next to me, and I was like, huh, that's so weird and didn't know. Didn't know.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you were blacked out, Yeah, drunk on gummy Bear but not drinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But the worst is when I pass out, like because usually now I pass out when I throw up, I'm like, every time, even if you're sick, yeah, unconscious.
Speaker 2: So if you throw up every time, even if you're sick, you pass out, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't. I've never no.
Speaker 2: No, only when I'm sick, like when I'm sick, I thought you just normally didn't. So you never throw up drunk. No, but if you do throw up, now you pass.
Speaker 1: Out it pass out, lights out, find me on the bathroom floor.
Speaker 2: Do you know when it's coming?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Sometimes have you ever had it coming? You not know it is coming in and all of a sudden you passed out somewhere.
Speaker 1: A lot of times I woke like I mean when I mean five years ago, I got a bug and my wife got a bug, and I was downstairs upstairs, she was downstairs, and I went to the bathroom and I was over the toilet and the next thing I did is I woke up and I was laying in my vomit on the ground and I was like, oh that was weird. I passed out again, and I did it again, and then I was laying on the couch and I was like, oh my gosh, I'm gonna throw up. And I started walking to the bathroom and I felt myself. I was like, I'm going to pass out, and I tried to grab the like molding the doorframe and I didn't make it, and I woke up to my wife shaking me. I had fallen down. My head was against the wall, and I was just passed out. And then I crawled to the bathroom and vomited in the toilet. And that's why I went to the yr.
Speaker 2: That nine year old thing is that happened to you without you ever knowing it was going to happen the rest of your life, Like you're passed out and vomited. No, that wasn't at nine years old when you didn't know it. Do you don't think that was just passing out before you vomited and just not remembering.
Speaker 1: I mean, now you say I never even thought about that, I mean.
Speaker 2: That was the first time that happened, because that's been happening in your whole life. You just didn't know because it hadn't happened yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So now now I build a fort like around the toilet or the bathtub, and I put blankets or towels, and I make it so that way if I fall over, I'm falling onto something soft instead of just boom. And I have to wake my wife up if I know I'm gonna throw up. That way she can wake me up from being passed out like the other day, she I mean months ago, but I passed out and my hand was in the toilet and my head was on the floor.
Speaker 2: You basically need a puke in a bounty house until you live.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. He has to prepare for it, like I'm about to throw up. Let me get my little ten here.
Speaker 2: Why do what happened to your body where you're just like out?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I went to the er that won five years ago and they did an EKG and all that, but they said I was good. They couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, but they gave me.
Speaker 2: Do you remember ever act? Do you ever see it come out of your mouth? Have you ever seen throw up come out of your mouth? Yes, I've seen it, like I never when I was a year awake for that. Yeah, afterwards you passed it in the middle of throwing up. I pass out, so you're probably throwing up some while you're out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I've woken up where I'm just laying in my throat up. It's pretty intense, man, It's scary.
Speaker 2: I'd like to see it.
Speaker 1: And that's why I'm like, I am so glad I wasn't a puker when I drink like a fish, because I.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't have to have been a hard drinker. I bet you couldn't have been. You'd freaking been dead. Wow.
Speaker 4: Crazy about Lunchbox two is he doesn't get hangovers, which is nuts.
Speaker 2: He has the superpower that we don't even know yet. Something we're starting to put the pieces together. There's something about him that if he just figures out to put the pieces together, you're gonna be able to fly or some crap. That's cool, dude, Yeah, congrats.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. It's scary. My wife freaks out. I mean, she thought I was playing with her because she was pregnant when I passed out against the wall like I was a dead body and CSI and she comes down like that's not funny. That's not funny, and then she freaked out and I was.
Speaker 2: But you could also use that to your advantage.
Speaker 4: You just when you don't want to do something.
Speaker 2: That's right, I'll send you on the floor, takes trash out and then don't open your eyes. Then make her feel guilty.
Speaker 5: Read all right, sorry, Ray, that was disgusting. I'll try to keep mine as bad. But this is advice. So there's two things. Been thrown up and partying with chicks. You don't want the chicks. This is when I was single back in college with my best friend South Beach, and he taught me this. So you never want chicks to see you throw up into the game. They're not gonna hook up with you. And then you never want a bar bouncer to see you throw up, or you're gonna get booted at the bar. And I always told South Beach, I said, hey, dude, I can't do tequila shots. Well, we're on Sixth Street, I would say, the library. What were some of the wooden nickel?
Speaker 1: Is that correct? Is that one of them nickel?
Speaker 5: It might have been that spot. Okay, and we're there and the girls wanted tequila. Here we go, so we all do the tequila.
Speaker 1: Shot and I meet.
Speaker 5: I still to this day really don't do tequila shots if I have to. And I could feel to throw up. Immediately went in my mouth, and so I remembered in my head, Okay, I gotta find a trash can. And South Beach said, don't let the chicks see and don't let the bouncer see. So I found the trash can. Immediately into the trash can, and I just kept walking. I just kept walking South Beach is up there partying with the chicks. They all came down stairs, like, oh my gosh, where did you go? Like I wasn't really feeling the party. Yeah, you know, it was kind of lame up there. What are you all doing? They had no idea. I threw up. The bouncer never booted me out. But the key was I found a trash can. And the second after I threw up, take off walking. Just keep moving, bouncer's not going to really tail you. And at the same time he's like, did he just throw up? Because usually people hunch over kids just keep it going. Yeah, And then you're totally fine and everybody goes, you're awesome, dude, you want to bounce out of space. I'm like, yeah, it's so lame, man, let's roll, baby. But I was really the weakest one of the bunch, but I seem like the coolest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like inspired, that's smart.
Speaker 1: It is smart. If you stay hunched over the trash can you draw attention to yourself?
Speaker 3: You want to make it quick?
Speaker 2: I'm inspired. It feels like two things I want to ask about your story there. One, when must you have to take shots like that? Because you said and lets you have to.
Speaker 4: When everyone's doing it.
Speaker 1: Group think. You're the outsider.
Speaker 5: You're saying when you're getting peer pressured and you succumb to peer pressure. If it's me and Beazer at the house and she goes, let's do shots, I'll be like to shut up.
Speaker 1: But if you're at a bar with other people, yeah, then.
Speaker 4: You tell her like that shut up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she knows my style. I don't do shots, but hey, it's New Year's Eve. We got to do a shot. You got to. You're gonna have a bad year.
Speaker 5: Everybody's doing it, You're gonna have a bad year. I'm just kind of you have to or blank. But there are ways to get away without not taking that. I've done many times with people that don't know that I don't drink. I'll take fake shots just because I don't want to talk about it. People I don't know, but I need to fill fill in the blank. If you don't blank happens. It's it's there's something with a community with taking a shot with a bunch of people. The one person, one person that doesn't. It's just like some weird juju. I've never been the one person that doesn't, so I don't know about it. I have many times I'm doing pretty good.
Speaker 4: They call they call you. He's right, they call you names and stuff.
Speaker 2: That's okay, feel good.
Speaker 1: You can't. I'm already a I'm already being a P.
Speaker 2: So it didn't. In fact, you know, somebody calls me that I'm the biggest B and P there is and.
Speaker 4: Then they put it right in front of it. Yeah you pe.
Speaker 1: Or are you telling you if you're scared to go to church?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We do that too. I guess I'm already all in. You can't really hurt me.
Speaker 2: I do it all okay, mine's a little more on the sports front.
Speaker 1: Thank you, I'm on you.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. I unfairly said that. That's a great, great, great great.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: If you have something in front of you, like fore to write it down, it could be even it doesn't matter. I just want nobody to be able to change their answer once to hear somebody else's answer, and I will go last in case someone has my answer. I don't want to feel like someone has to tell the same story. I just told everybody, good goody, who's the greatest college football player of all time? And I'm also gonna say there is not a right or wrong answer, because you can. You can cherry pick data in any way possible. You can go freaking Newt Rockney if you want over the rock, who's gonna fight you?
Speaker 4: Galloping ghosts.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna not get to say any more names. Who's the greatest college football player of all time? And support your facts? Kevin is supposed to pan down. It's your order anyway, So look like you're ready to go. Is everybody everybody in and all right? Kick off? Kevin?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna go. Reggie Bush still to this day hate USC, but that is the best player I've ever seen. There is a Tim Tebow, Mike Vicks great, but Reggie Bush.
Speaker 2: They won't say other names because you're taking our names away. If you're saying other.
Speaker 1: People, okay, you know the rules.
Speaker 2: That's the biggest You just did the biggest douchebag thing you could do in this to say other names. Well, I was gonna say, uh, new Rockney, and I was gonna, but we may want to say them.
Speaker 1: You know our rules.
Speaker 3: But then you say then you can, then you can back it up after you say your name. dB Alert, Okay, Reggie Bush greatest of all time?
Speaker 2: Done boom, he got dB alerted.
Speaker 4: It's never good.
Speaker 5: Dang dude, back it up, do multiple names, lunch bokes, It's easy.
Speaker 1: It's the guy that Reggie Bush stole the heisman from Vince Young. I have never seen someone on a football field dominate the way he did. It was a man amongst boys. He was so much more athletic, faster, everything, stronger.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 1: He was must see TV. Vince Young, from my eyes, best college football player ever.
Speaker 2: Thank you for only saying one person. We should do a chain, like when you do get a turnover and it says douchebag on it, because well you wear it. Yeah, because I do ducheback stuff half the time too, and I just have to wear it.
Speaker 3: A goldfish.
Speaker 2: You have that guy there? Oh, that's right, like the goldfish, like when they after wear the goldfish.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm glad you guys watched the Rose Bowl back in two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna choose a different year. Give me.
Speaker 5: I was gonna choose Johnny Manziel and I'm going to choose Johnny.
Speaker 1: After both of you guys.
Speaker 2: Both you guys, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Johnny Manziel I had never heard of the guy and I was at my friend's house and we're just started circulating man an M's beating Bama and M's beating Bama. Man, who's your quarterback? Oh it's manzel Manziel. Oh they're ahead, Oh they're behind.
Speaker 1: Johnny.
Speaker 5: This is Johnny Football, jf P, Johnny f F This john his name is Johnny.
Speaker 1: It was what his last name's football? And they're like Johnny Football. He just threw it seventy yards throw on the TV. Who is this Johnny football? Guy? Dude?
Speaker 5: And since that day it was appointment TV. I lived with lunchbox dude CBS. At two thirty, I was watching Johnny Football. If we were out at the bar, the loudest you would hear is when Johnny Football was getting beat by Old Miss. Those were the loudest, craziest yells. Johnny Football changed everything. You had to watch his games. When you say word got around, would that be the internet? Uh? Internet wasn't as strong back then. Well, he was a around two thousand and seven. I lived with him. Actually, never mind, Johnny Football was twen thirteen.
Speaker 2: And do you say the internet really was in the thing?
Speaker 5: Okay, we lived around twenty thirteen. We lived together.
Speaker 1: The signal was weak at our house, and what.
Speaker 5: We're trying to say, like ninety eight out of it, Like all right, So he must have been there a couple of years. So twenty twelve is when I first heard about him, and it was just it was ever. Everybody just started saying Johnny Football. His last name's football.
Speaker 2: Every went man.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. And so that that greatest of all time, since he was so great, he elevated his team and took him to a national title.
Speaker 5: Right, well, he got the heisman, he didn't have the team, but it doesn't have to be a team event.
Speaker 1: I'm just asking him because the greatest Vince Young took Texas on his back. He got robbed of the Heisman, but the greatest of all time, he said, guys, get on my back. I'll just go ahead and throw it. Oh you don't want to throw it. I'll just run it to the end zone, touchdown. We'll win the national title. Greatest of all time, and I'll open a steakhouse.
Speaker 4: Yeah it didn't last though.
Speaker 2: It didn't. And you know famous people his former real world house, right, fatas people do restaurants and actually own them. Well, Johnny got their name. The money bar, that you had the money by.
Speaker 1: A and M. You got you go to A and M.
Speaker 5: The biggest and best bar there is the money bar, and that's his. And that's a fact bones you telling me, I don't know that they can't. Yeah, that's the fact that you don't know that he might be right, he's got merch. I gotta go though, I have toie.
Speaker 4: I went to Dikas and they said when I got there, they're like, man, you just met and mixed miss Ditka.
Speaker 2: Possibly I figured he owns he's old school. Most of the guys now leased out their names.
Speaker 1: We saw her any Banks at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, old school guys. But now like even all the artists here, they don't own their bars down town. They leased their name, right Right's getting sad he didn't know that they lease out their name. It's more like a bar group owner that will pay Miranda and then she'll design it and her name's on it and she gets paid a fee plus a percentage of like back end. Yeah, I mean to break your hearts. That's okay, But old school is different because I don't think they did it like so like an Ernie Banks or Mike Ditke.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 2: Ddie best college football player, just one place.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go back to U. A guy who wasn't very good. Besides, that's a weird. He wasn't very good in high school. He was just small. And then he wanted to go to a school. They didn't accept him. He had to go to a junior college just to get into the school.
Speaker 2: Don't say, Rudy.
Speaker 4: And he told I'm not done. I'm not done. And he told the coach, I'm gonna get into the school and when I do, I want to play for you. And the coach said, you do that, You're in. He did it despite what everyone told.
Speaker 1: Him, Rudy.
Speaker 4: He made the Notre Dame football team and played the.
Speaker 1: Very last game of his senior year.
Speaker 4: He dressed and played and made a sack on the last play of the game.
Speaker 1: Rudy, Rudiger, let's go yeah, thank you, Hey, you want the real truth.
Speaker 4: I had Vince Young ridden down.
Speaker 2: Why would you pick Vince Young?
Speaker 4: Because he was awesome, he was amazing, And you know what, that was the time when.
Speaker 1: I, okay, you could have said that's why we did No.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to piggyback off lunchbox. I went Rudy Riudiger, that's where you went.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna go Tony Romo or someone. I was like, oh god, I.
Speaker 4: Remember Romo in college?
Speaker 1: Was he was?
Speaker 2: He like popular in college Northern Illinois.
Speaker 3: When he said zero if Newton cam.
Speaker 2: Newton may be one of the most dominant.
Speaker 1: Ever yea ever?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I for me the easy, easy answer, And I'm not a massive fan of him. A college was Tim Tebow won two titles, has a freaking statue and I thought, man, it's Tim Timbo's lame like they lost and he's like, oh, prom to God, We're gonna never lose again. They freaking win.
Speaker 1: Like there's so much Lord of t Bow.
Speaker 2: He won the Heisman, UH finalists a couple of times, won two titles. I remember seeing him as a freshman the SC Championship camp is Chris Leak was the starting quarterback and Tebow would just come in inside five yards and it was just automatic and so amazing. College player, probably the best college player that I've ever seen. Didn't translate super well to the NFL. One even like the quarterback awards, like Dave O'Brien's quarterback right m H won the Davey O'Brien was like the guy, so I would go. Tim Tebow is probably two. It was lin insanity with Tebow more than anybody else where. Everybody was kind of enthralled by Manziel's close to that. Johnny Football definitely an insanity to Johnny Football as well JFF. But Tebow was multiple seasons, multiple championships. I'm gonna go. Tim Tebow met him, oh ud Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was at a private He was at a private club in Nationville. Not anybody can get on into on the streets. But I luckily I was with Bazer when we were dating. My wife and her friend both too blonde hotties, and they got us. It was called Citizens, so it doesn't even have a menu, it doesn't even have a website. We go back there, Tim Tebow's there. He wanted to meet the chicks. I said, I got to come with him. The boyfriend that guy goes, all right, you can come, and so I go backs calling chicks back. It was more as managers. They just wanted people to kind of be a there's one people to meet him because they knew he was famous.
Speaker 2: That's him was Nobo was also a raised story guy, so let's not. I just don't want anybody to assign themselves because I've met Tim many times to assign Tim Tebow to for sure he might yet that's a fact at the end, as he does sometimes just no, Rai's a good story teller.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 5: I got a feeling they were doing shots right. No, he wasn't drinking. Tim Tebow was just watching the NBA Finals. Yeah, p orb, he was chilling and his manager kind of brought some people over hate Tim, hate Tim, And then manager exchanged numbers with the other blonde we're with and we went to a sidebar and we tried to meet up with them at a hotel but it never worked out. But Tebow really I feel like his manager wanted to party with chicks more than t BO. Tebow was wanted to watch the NBA Finals, but got to shake his hand, took a picture and I didn't smile. I didn't want I was a little tipsy. I didn't want to screw it up. So when the picture Tim smiling and I'm like the stone cold, how.
Speaker 2: You doing to throw up? Because he got kicked out at Tebow's Yeah. Really the nicest guy ever. He did the show once I did. Paul Finebaum, he was a guest, came on the bus and sat for twenty minutes. It's like Bobby and I don't know him. I just met him, but he came on set because we had met, but he came into set forever and talked. It was he. I think I met him three times every time. Nice of him before, but he's always like, where are the chicks? And I'm like, Tim, I know, get the blondies on that.
Speaker 1: Fact. All right, two to go, Kevin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna need some advice here.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 3: All four of you are married, right, and I am newly engaged, and I've been battling a couple of things since being engaged, finding the right balance between sports and what she wants to watch. It's because lately I've been watching some reality TV on a Thursday night when there's an NFL game on it, and as Survivor if the Patriots aren't on, I'm not you know, I'm like, Okay, we can do it tonight. And I'm trying to find the balance. So I guess I'm coming to each of you like, is there a percentage? What's your advice the lunch box? I'll go to you first, Uh, there's not really a balance. We watch more sports than anything, just because at night she goes to bed earlier, she gets tired, and so she's like, I can watch maybe thirty minutes, and I'm like, well, the episode's an hour. I don't want to start one and stop it.
Speaker 1: She's like, okay, I'm gonna go to bed, or she'll just scroll her phone while I watch sports. And so I dominate the channel changer, right, No, seriously, But the I said dominate, it sounds like, yeah, yeah, you control the channel changer. And but you do have to sacrifice some things if it's not a big game, like if it's you know, the I was gonna say Patriots, Like if it's like the Cowboys versus the Panthers, who gives a crap. It's like, oh, you know what, I don't like, you don't want to watch football? No, it's okay, not tonight, because she doesn't realize what's a big game and what's not. So that's how you can do it.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 1: But I would say we watch eighty five percent sports at night and fifteen percent regular show.
Speaker 3: But you like Survivor, like you like it with her love that's different I'm talking about shows that you don't like too.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I used to watch The Bachelor, which with her, but you just get into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I got into this new show called The Ultimatum. Not gonna lie. Guys love it.
Speaker 1: See That's what I'm saying. Like the one where they do the design the America's on Exile model, Yeah, cake off, No with is this Cake is a queer eye for the Heidi Klum And they do the fashion shows and one gets cut Runway Project run Wider. I hated it. I was like, this is so stupid, but then by the end you're like, all right, I'm cheering for this person. I want them to.
Speaker 4: Lunches answers like I just watched the reality stuff. I love it.
Speaker 1: Sports you're gonna adapt your your your tastes are gonna change.
Speaker 2: So how does that help him with sports he wants to watch.
Speaker 1: So I'm saying, you got to give some to get some, But eighty five percent you control the remote control, you control that channel changer, So.
Speaker 2: Get eighty five and get fifteen.
Speaker 3: Yep, it seems healthy.
Speaker 2: I do like his idea because I think we all do it too. We act like, yeah, I'll not watch worry about this game. It's not to watch it when it does. Were't gonna watch it any but.
Speaker 3: You have to make it known. I'm missing this game.
Speaker 2: But it's okay, Yes, it's okay, all right, mind simple.
Speaker 5: The best thing you can bring into the bedroom with you is the iPad and you're watching her Hallmark movie. You got the game going too. They don't mind YouTube TV. You can put it on the iPad, you can put on your phone. I've never missed a game. You kind of pay attention to the movie. My wife controls the TV. I really don't even know how to log into some of the stuff. But but you don't watch it with volume, then I assume, Yeah, I never get to hear the announcers.
Speaker 1: I just do my own play by play. That's a dude, she's throw.
Speaker 5: So if there's a penalty and stuff, I never know that because I have no volume, you know.
Speaker 2: And my wife wouldn't be cool with that. Really, if we're gonna watch something, it's because she'd rather if I'm gonna watch something else, just go watch it another room and not be distracted. That's nice that your wife would do that, And like she's like she wants you to sit next to her.
Speaker 4: Is that what it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, mm hmm, yeah, that wouldn't flow to my house. She's like, we're gonna watch the game. Just go watch the game.
Speaker 4: Oh she would, but that's a green light, right.
Speaker 2: You're like, okay, yeah, but then I still owe her. But I'm just saying, I don't know. It's a if that were that's awesome. If she's like, I wanna watch this and you're like, I'm gonna watch a game in my lap, I'd never have to worry about anything again. I do that all the time. She watched whatever she wanted.
Speaker 4: You guys, this is simple. We all have this excuse because we all do sports podcasts. All you gotta say is I gotta work. I have to work, So just give me. I really don't want to watch these games. Just give me three hours, maybe six, I have to watch these games, and then we can do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: My wife does say sometimes she goes, I know you have to do it for the podcast. She don't say that, and I'm like, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: You know, her parents, my fiance's parents. One time on a Saturday, they were like, you need to watch the games today, right, Like we'll set it up for you. I'm like, yeah, she got it. I got that podcast.
Speaker 1: You know perfect.
Speaker 4: You got to start that early. Dude, say this is my career, this is what I do.
Speaker 1: I have to watch it, got to pay the bills, take care of your daughter.
Speaker 2: If you use this, I do. But if you do it a lot, you out use. You have to use that very spur like sporadically and intentional. Because I did it every week. I did every Sunday. I gotta watch it. And she's like, well, then you're just not going to be educated because you're not spending ten hours every Sunday, every day every So if I do say that, I either mean it or I need a little cheat. But I can't. I can't leave it consistent.
Speaker 4: I use that excuse so much that my mom when she was with us for two weeks and she went home, she told my sister, like, and he works so much fun because not only does he have to go to the studio, he has to watch all day.
Speaker 1: Where it gets me in trouble though.
Speaker 2: If I choose to do something on a Sunday while football is on, it's like recreational. It's like I'm wanna go play golf. No, we have to watch all the games. Or if I'm gonna go and that's bitten me before, or it's like, hey we're gonna play pick a ball. It's one o'clock. It's just gonnay to pick aball. No, you gotta work, don't you. I have to do that. I'll that you gotta work. You gotta watch your games. And I'm like, no, I'll just catch up on this on this speed. You cann watch them. And she's like, so the next time bring it up. Well, can't you do that speed thing you do? You just gotta be dealt. Be dealt. That is a tool, that's a weapon. Can't walk on you can't use that sword everywhere you go.
Speaker 3: Let me just quick follow up. Then sometimes I get her involved in some parlays and bets that I have just to get her into the game.
Speaker 1: Guys, do that job.
Speaker 4: Start your marriage?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Thanks boys, Yeah, we all salute that.
Speaker 2: Uh I don't. I don't have a good answer.
Speaker 1: Do you let her pick some of the bets or do you just say oh this is what retty?
Speaker 3: I'll say, hey, this is and then I'll be like, yeah, you know, five bucks for you, five bucks for me. She's like, yeah, so it's just ten bucks for me. So and then I let her be, Oh, this person's got to get this many yards or catches, whatever it is, and just tell her.
Speaker 2: My wife wild strategize me if it's a Arcot always back basketball game. There have been times I'm like, hey, it's a big game, because if I do call it now, we have a rule if I call it or she calls something, I want you to do this with me. And it's over an eight on the scale, we mean it. And but I'll be like, this is a big game, or because I've got a big basketball game, I'm gonna have to watch this. She's like, they're playing in North Texas, it's not a conference game, like the mother, so she would just check on. You know, she's a massive sports fan, though I don't know. I'm pretty fortunate my wife's a really big sports fan. Just in general. She's not gonna watch game she has no interest in and I'm not either knows I'm betting on it or we have to watch it for hey, for work. But she's enough of one to like know what's up. So I can't really get away with the lies. So I kind of just pick and choose the ones. I have to hope I get some of the ones that admit and give up on the easy ones, but make it a point that I gave up the easy ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, though even though I know she knows I'm lying.
Speaker 4: That's tough for you, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great because her family are massive sports fans. Are on the holiday, so it's on TV all the time. Her dad massive sports fans, so we watched a lot of sports. But that what's awesome is also what's hard. What's awesome is that she's a big sports fan and she can watch whatever. But also she knows enough to call me on my bull crap, like arksall's got a big game to not I need to watch because they're playing North Texas. It's not even a conference game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it helps when you got a winning team, I mean so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, why don't in football?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's not good. That's hard to deal with the Patriots.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, she was with me there in the Celtics running the playoffs this past year and that was too much for me. But she, I mean, she liked it, but she was like if you did that for you know, during the Red Sox Patriots, like year round She's like, that's a lot, so she's she's lucky at the same time.
Speaker 1: The final question for the panel Lunchbox, Yeah, I just want to know why athletes all go for the same chicks, Like, I don't understand what they have the all these hot girls in the world and they go for the same ones. Like just recently, Cody Bellinger got traded to the Yankees, and the problem is his wife was used to date gimcrlos Stanton for like a year. They were dating for like a year, year and a half, and then she married Cody Bellinger. So they're sharing a locker room and they both I'm gonna assume relations with the same woman. Christian McCaffrey is married to Danny A. Mondola's ex chick.
Speaker 2: I know that well.
Speaker 1: Chloe Kardashian was with lamar Odom then she goes to Tristan Thompson. It's like, guys, can you go outside and find different chicks? Why is this ray your theory?
Speaker 5: I really don't have one. I'm guess I'm they're used to the type of stuff from that athlete. So oh he flies in private jets.
Speaker 1: Oh it's nice. He only has one game a week, so.
Speaker 5: They almost don't even cross sports because they don't know.
Speaker 2: What about the athlete. I think he's asking why why don't just.
Speaker 1: Go somewhere else find a different chicks?
Speaker 5: Fo chicks either love country singers, athletes, musicians, and once they're in that lane, they're in it. Bro, So you're just talking about lanes, like, rarely do you see a chick date a radio guy and then go to an athlete.
Speaker 1: Well, because there is an education.
Speaker 2: There is an education that happens when you're with someone in a certain profession where you have the education to know how to get back to other people in that profession. I can understand that, but I think that analogy is pretty muche.
Speaker 1: I see it's just so weird, like how they're going to share a locker room, like that's like my data for a year and then you married her? That how weird would that be? If we've worked together every day?
Speaker 5: Well, and I bet you could find where they have kind of hung out before at a similar type event.
Speaker 1: And the worst is Stanton head her first?
Speaker 4: Should we tell should we tell Hunchbucks?
Speaker 2: Different show?
Speaker 4: We all dated your wife?
Speaker 2: Different show? No?
Speaker 4: I think that the pool is very small, and like.
Speaker 1: Listen, the world.
Speaker 4: Nah. But but I think it's dangerous for some of these professional athletes to just try dating a regular person because they don't trust them. Are they only in it for my money and my fame whatever? But they have these girls, these group of girls. They're like, oh, Stanton dated this chick. Like she's not she's cool. Man, Like, you'll like her. Okay, cool, Stanton did. He's rich, He's like me, so I'll give a shot. He marries her. I think that's how that happens versus like, oh yeah, there's only five to choose from. I just think that it's a trust factor. You trust this group of girls that kind of know each other.
Speaker 2: I think it's a combination of things. I think it does happen more. It's weird when basketball players like, he's dating her, but she's been married to him, and before that she was with him. I don't think it's as common as we feel it is because it's a story, because it's not so common. If there were seven girls dating all the guys, I don't think it would. It's a story because it's not super common. But it is common enough that it's really interesting when it does happen. I bet it happens in other industries too, but they're not famous, so we don't really hear about it. It does happen in music. Look at Sean Mendez, right, what do you who you think Driver's Life was written about? Whenever it was Driver's License? Olivia? Yeah, and then s in a carpenter right. Look at all the other girls in all the world. It's weird, though.
Speaker 4: Do I remember something with Matthew Stafford.
Speaker 2: His wife said that she hooked up with the backup quarterback at Georgia.
Speaker 4: That's it, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Make him jealous though, was what that was about? More than but why would you?
Speaker 1: I don't know she That seems crazy to me is that she came out and said, hey, yeah we were dating. He wasn't serious enough and we were just casual, so I went and slept with the backup quarterback to make him jealous. It's like, boy, man, you make him look like.
Speaker 2: A Did she say slept with the hooked up with? Because that made a different definition hooked up?
Speaker 4: Oh, the hook I immediately assume hookup.
Speaker 5: Is that's a definition, though I don't think hook up his makeout only hook up. Hookup can be makeout and my there's no right answer, right, so we can fight about it all we want.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 2: Hook up to me is it starts at makeout and it can go all the way being bang boom, But it could be anywhere in the thing. Hookup could be mouth only like, it could be mouth on mouth, It could be mouthed on bottom.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Hook up would be anything where it's private and you're doing makeout or more. But you can have sex album hooking up, but you don't have to that would be But I don't know. She might have said slept it. I felt like she said hooked up with But I do not know. But yes, that's a weird that's a weird, weird story. Good question, man, But I think, yeah, we'll never know because we're never going to be famous athletes never. I mean, I might pick a wall still.
Speaker 4: Professional.
Speaker 1: Yeah what but Kevin, why tell you? What's your theory?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: The weirdest part about that is that their teammates now like there's one thing to be in the same industry, like artists.
Speaker 2: They weren't to be, but they weren't like Belinger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, but now it's like, well, like he should have had his contract again. No trade clause to wherever John Carlos Stanton is.
Speaker 2: I think I think did he have a no trade laws No, he didn't have one. But still it's the Yankees. I think you're going to give that up. That's just go play for the Yankees and maybe won a title and be the awkward guy's be with your girl or like, go play for the Royals.
Speaker 3: But but I also think some of these guys just like that. They like that, Yeah, that's a weird thing inside of them where they're like, yeah, I kind of like that she dated somebody else in the industry.
Speaker 4: That's your fetish too.
Speaker 1: I mean they're going to go to function Yankee punctions. She's gonna be standing there in Belgium. Hey, Gincarlo, how's it going. It might not be weird to them though, that's yeah, I don't like it. Lives well, No, you have a fetish. What I'm talking about, like you like to sit in the corner and watch it. Sounds like clucker.
Speaker 2: We're just saying, like some people life happens, and yeah, what right' it's called plucking. Please tell me when you're when you're not a participant, you're an observer.
Speaker 1: You like to cluck.
Speaker 2: That means you watch No, I know what it means. I'm just saying, where does it come from. I've never heard of this term.
Speaker 1: I mean sometimes, Oh, he's into clucking. That's what the Liberty University president. He was into clucking. He was a clucker. He watched The Pool boyd hook Up with his wife.
Speaker 4: You ever watched that movie?
Speaker 2: I know the story, but I want to know the root of clucking. I don't know what the ucking part is, but I wonder what the cluck is because it feels like it's a combination of words. I believe it's cook a cuck. I think couking. Oh see, I know what cooking means, and I don't know that that's the same.
Speaker 4: Why two words am I trying to put together? I know the second word, what's the first one?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Because cooking is two words? Right?
Speaker 1: You don't want to be called a cut?
Speaker 2: So look up. I want to know the root of clucking.
Speaker 4: So did they say it in that in that movie or that documentary.
Speaker 5: I don't think they ever used the word, but they made sure they gave you the understanding that he wasn't involved. He would just stay in the corner with a video camera there.
Speaker 2: I mean no, they have mike cooking is also as well. That's not how I would have I get a cooking different, but it's but it kind of is the same. Ish too.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Make a man a cuckold by having a sexual relationship with his wife or being sexually unfaithful to him, but that's not watching like if Ray had I'm gonna take me out of this. Let's say Reid was married and Ray had sex with Reid's wife. Reid wouldn't know, but he may be a cut But I need to know clucking what that's rooted in. I need to know the cluck because it's got to come from something.
Speaker 1: Cluckings are what hems do right?
Speaker 2: Clucking sound chicken? R Yes? I mean yeah, I don't see anything.
Speaker 4: Being a chicken because you're just sitting there watching.
Speaker 2: What is clucking mean and slang to express disapproval? Mm hmm? What is it? A stupid knive person? I think it is c U C K I n G from Urban Dictionary. Dictionary says a man who lets his wife or girlfriend have sex with other man. So okay, so it's I'm cooking, Okay, I cuck did I don't even I don't know where clucking came from.
Speaker 4: Did we make that up?
Speaker 2: Right? I don't know, crazy, I've heard it for a long time, and I've heard cuking using the different sense of like, dude, you got cooked. It's like somebody bangs your girl. Don't even know about it? Like and you're like, you still don't know about it. But I didn't know clucking. Hmm cut, why is she clucking so much? I'm chicken for him? Now? Never mind, no.
Speaker 5: Wonder, nobody ever knows that party is what I'm talking about when I talk about just walk away cool dude.
Speaker 1: Brows and chickens man making chicken noises? Well, cuckhold comes from cuckoo birds. They lay their eggs in a different nest. So this is laying your eggs in a different nest.
Speaker 2: Any of my clucking the l.
Speaker 1: Now just cooking, cuckold, That's what the cuckoo bird does, and that's where you get cooking.
Speaker 2: That's it. Hey, what a show, guys.
Speaker 4: Wow we learned a lot here today.
Speaker 2: Did we know nothing?
Speaker 1: But did we have? Fine?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yep, that's it.
Speaker 2: Anything you guys want to say over there over on the uh sore losers invention and note what's on your feet too.
Speaker 5: So yeah, sore losers dot com for convention tickets are selling out. It's coming up very very soon. It's probably, I mean, it's going to be just an awesome time. We hope it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 4: I saw you guys scoping out a venue.
Speaker 1: We're at Chiefs Bar on Friday and Saturday, and we're at Category ten on Sunday. H Luke Combs's Bar. So and I've already made a promise.
Speaker 5: So maybe it isn't gonna be as fun as past year because I've said I'm not getting as drunk.
Speaker 2: As don't say to get tickets and go. Maybe it won't be as fun as the past year.
Speaker 1: Both times in Vegas, I almost couldn't fly home. It was that bad.
Speaker 5: I mean, I was pacing in the hallway baser of my wife. I don't I don't know if I can do it. I don't know if I can get on this flight. I made it home. Then in Nashville just about died that Monday. So I said, this year, moderate drinking.
Speaker 2: Write this down, not as fun as last.
Speaker 1: I had that open bar happy hour on Friday. I will be Yeah, some trash cans there keep moving.
Speaker 5: Any any night cooking events I can ever known.
Speaker 1: There is the party bus, which always gets really wild ippy packages. Yep, how me. I mean, let's be real. There's been people in the.
Speaker 5: Past that the one guy said, what do you think you want to hoot up with my wife?
Speaker 2: That's called cooking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't told me. I could guess if I wanted to. Wow, wow Pa.
Speaker 5: I was like, I was live streaming the guys like, man, if you want a kiss er, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I'm like, shut the camera off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, thank you, thank you every It was crazy out there. If Kevin came over and did a show with you guys, would that be a version of podcast cooking?
Speaker 1: Well, you got you guys would have to watch in the corner.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we sit in the corner while Kevin's I'm videoing what.
Speaker 1: Great take?
Speaker 2: Yes? Oh god, he said that so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He likes it when you lead him into a segment like this, set.
Speaker 1: Him up better.
Speaker 2: All right, that's it, all right, thank you, Thank you guys. I don't have a whistle, red whistle. Thank you Back next week more episodes, new episodes. Thank you so much for being part of the show and being here with us and looking forward to getting into the super Bowl and all that stuff. So until next year, which is like one week. Yeah yeah, have a good, happy New Year and we'll see you guys then bye. Buddy. Theme song written by Bobby Bones That's Me and performed by Brandon Ray. Follow Brandon on socials at Brandon Ray Music. You can follow the show on Instagram at Bobby Bones Sports. Thanks to our crew co host at, producer Reddy, segment producer at Kickoff Kevin, video producer at Redrberry, and executive producer at Mike Diestro. But most importantly thank you for listening.
Speaker 1: I'm Bobby Bones. We'll talk to you next time.
Speaker 2: Here on twenty five whistles