Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Katty Armstrong, and Jettie and He Armstrong and Eddy from the Studio C. It's a dimly lit room deep with them, the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound. And today, Monday, New Month, we're under the tutelage of our general manager. I know you'd like to go more in the direction of a definite person, but I have decided to go a different way. I'm going to get more artsy with the general man. I would say, I would say I prefer working for an individual rather than a concept. But yeah, I'm going beyond that. Man. I'm going for art from here on out. So I'm going to follow my muse. Today's general manager. Watch out, Joe's following his muse. Stand back, Today's general manager. The deal that wasn't you're taking a sip? I was hoping to get a spit take. The candles are still burning in here because of the shutdown. We've been burning candles since the shutdown began. It's now been a full week. This is the fourth longest shutdown in last half century and I know we're all feeling it. I had forgotten it had happened until I walked in this morning. But yeah, well.
Speaker 2: I have bit by bit been reacquiring a taste for human flesh because the cannibalism is right around the corner, folks, Oh right, or the murder.
Speaker 1: The blood, the cannibalism. A neighbor attacking neighbor. Did I guess right that the deal you're talking about is a shutdown? Or you're re talking about Hamas Israel, which they're meeting in Egypt as we speak cleverly both, Oh look at you.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm telling you art Like I said, Yeah, the deal it wasn't also applies to the Middle East thing as everybody said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we agree to it. We just have, you know, strong reservations about some key points. But yes we.
Speaker 2: Agree to it, but we need to negotiate like major points. So you have no deal yet.
Speaker 1: Okay. Interesting, Hamas is up again. They are hurting. They need to make a deal.
Speaker 2: Unless and this is it's a big fat on less unless they are willing to be a dead ender suicide squad for the rest of their existence, which is entirely possible.
Speaker 1: If you are a fan of civics. You might know that the first Monday in October means the Supreme Court is back in session and we've got the list of cases they're taking up this season. The most interesting thing about the Supreme Court this time around is they didn't really get the break they normally get. They decided tons of stuff since they quit last June with all these emergency This is in thats that have happened, which is our new world constant emergency, which is kind of actually one of the things that they're going to decide. Are we in an emergency right now where Trump gets to declare all these tariffs yes or no, that's going to be decided to hear and where they're gonna take it up the first week in November. That's a huge That might be the biggest one. Is this whole tariff thing, uh never mind.
Speaker 2: In terms of like commediate effect, Yeah, it's gonna be enormous, certainly enormous financial effect.
Speaker 1: And there's no doubt whether you love it or hate it or somewhere in between.
Speaker 2: The Trump is pushing constitutional norms a lot, and so there's been a lot to rule on, you know, declaring various emergencies. Therefore, we're going to send in the National Guard. We'll talk about that more too. There's actually a free speech case that I am feverishly interested in that it's coming up this session.
Speaker 1: That's just so big. I don't know that one. Okay, cool, I know. I actually had.
Speaker 2: The thought if this one goes the wrong way, I'm leaving the country like I'm some sort of what C list TV star.
Speaker 1: You're gonna go live with Ellen DeGeneres in our wife.
Speaker 2: And who's who's the chubby gelafights with Trump? ROSI o'donald Thank you, Michael, that's right. Yes, we're we're looking at a three bedroom flat. You and Alec Baldwin's wife are going to live in Ireland. Judy told me you're out of your mind. You're on your own, So I guess this is the end for us as well. But I can't live in this country. Supreme Court if the decision goes the wrong line.
Speaker 1: Supreme Court's coming taking up a couple or has a couple in front of them, So they're going to make the final decision I think on can boys participate in girls' sports or not? We're going to figure that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the free speech case has to do with gender bending madness as well, and the fact that it's gotten to the Supreme Court is stunning to me, as an appeals court ruled the wrong way and I mean, like, are you out of your blanket minds the wrong way?
Speaker 1: More on that to come. So we had a judge jump in over the weekend and say Trump can't send the National Guard to Portland? Was that the city correct international Guard over the place? And so you got one of those, and then there's a decent chance that a higher court, the higher court is going to jump in and saying I can until we look at it. The interesting part was the judge, the first judge you mentioned is a Trump appointee. Uh yeah. But that's the other thing we got to figure out is can we constantly have these back and forths over presidential executive orders and stuff? Everything gets shut down by a judge and a well, tell you what, they got their work cut out for them.
Speaker 2: Though you're absolutely right the soups, yeah, the right thing, you know, exactly.
Speaker 1: One more note on that. I was reading some you know, preview article in the New York Times and they emphasized it.
Speaker 2: It was the truth that misleads, they say over and over again, the Trump's con I'm sorry, the court's conservative majority is sided with the President, hinting that, you know, as you expected all the damn time, when every buddy who looks into this for five minutes, noss, it's five to four or six to three. The conservatives and the liberals like fifteen percent.
Speaker 1: Of the time. Right, that is the the the rarity as opposed to the norm.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yeah, but you know what, you got a narrative, You stick with it, don't you.
Speaker 1: New York Times. There are no more unbeatens in the NFL, as the Eagles and the Bills both lost yesterday. So that's kind of exciting parody if you like parody. I'm a big fan of parody. You like parani mind parent's fine? Yeah, And the baseball playoffs going on, which I've been watching. They're going to have a vote on the shutdown thing, I guess today, and they'll either pass it or they won't. I don't know whatever.
Speaker 2: Why Seriously, I was like, oh, yeah, yeah, the shutdown as I started to dig in right this morning.
Speaker 1: So I was actually taken in some media by accident about the shutdown, and one of the pundits was saying, you know, if people aren't paying attention and they seem to not be according to polling, and then just I think everybody can feel it in their lives that everybody it's a big yawn for everybody but the media. What political pressure can either party bring to bear to get something to happen if the country is like whatever, we're watching the baseball. Did you see the big poll that came out they were reporting on ABC News last night. I don't recall who did the poll, but it was one of the biggies that I think it was forty seven percent of people blame the Republicans for the shutdown to the extent that they care, and it was only like thirty percent or something blame the Democrats. Yeah, there are other polls saying the opposite. They're they're, they're, they're a mix. Yeah, they're definitely okay, all right, fair enough from the weekend, and and and the main thing being very low paying attention to it factor. So again, if there's if people aren't like nobody's writing their congressman over this or anything like that, or marching in the street, what's the political pressure for anything to move? All right? I wonder if that bill over time. So even as short as it's been, what a week, it's the fourth longest in the last fifty years. And we'll see where we are a week from now. Right.
Speaker 2: I read one interesting opinion piece that said, if the Republicans cave on their very very modest pairing back of the increases in various programs during COVID, that we are now France. The Francification has been finalized, and we no longer have the will to say, look, we take in a certain amount, that's how much we can spend. I mean, obviously we've blown through that barrier, but we've lost the will to even say that.
Speaker 1: Interesting business deal that was announced this morning. But we need to start the show officially before we get to that. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is the first Monday in October. October sixth Monday, the year twenty twenty five. We're armstrong and getting we approve of this program.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's begin the show officially according to FCC rules and rags.
Speaker 1: So much to get to let's get to it.
Speaker 3: At Mark, I spent four hundred and eighty four days in captivity. I witnessed violence, and cruelty. I experienced myself violence and cruelty and abuse of many kinds that haunt me to this day.
Speaker 1: That's one of the hostages obviously living, who has gotten out. Tomorrow's a two year anniversary, or I guess you mark the two years. Do you call it an anniversary when something that awful happens, Well it is, you know, October seventh. And that's part of what they're working on right now in Egypt is getting the remaining living hostages out and then the bodies of quite a few dead hostages out of there. Also. Hamas said some of them they're buried under rubble man. I don't know how you're going to get them out of there. That's going to be a job. Yeah, that's pretty rough. So we'll be talking about that business deal. I wanted to mention before we take a break and then get to Katie's headlines. This it's in with what I was talking about last week. It was an article in the Washington Post. I think Open AI and then something called AMD who makes chips. Oh, huge chip company have just made a massive computing deal, marking a new phase of the AI boom. It's a five year agreement it's gazillions of dollars, multi multi billions of dollars, and it's going to change in Nvidia's market dominance as open AI is getting with this other chip making company. But it fits in perfectly. I thought our article last week that this could very well be a bubble with the companies. They're just investing in each other. So this is another giant AI company investing in a giant chip company that's going to make chips for AI stuff, and with their profits, they'll invest in a couple of giant AI companies. Right, And yes, does the AI thing ever happen or is it just these big companies investing in each other. This could end up being I'm not predicting it is because I don't have any idea neither do. You could end up being the biggest bubble in the history of bubbles. Oh no, if it ends up being a bubble too early in the week to contemplate easily could be if the AI thing doesn't pan out. I mean, the amount of money is just incredible, and the stock market where it is is mostly those big giant companies. It's wild.
Speaker 2: We'll see you scaring me before Halloween is even here. All right, final note before we go to break, here's your headline of the day. All right, plane forced to land after Wacko wearing fifteen masks screams that gay people were giving him cancer. There's a lot to take in there in what senses he o wacko fifteen masks that that was a quote from one of the fellow passengers.
Speaker 1: Gay people are just like Fisser. That's allegedly. So many questions. All right, right, we get that story. In others, we got Katie's headlines on the way. Our text line is four one, five, two nine five kftcraw Hey. The story of Barry Weiss leaving the New York Times, starting her own thing, and now being named the news editor at CBS is one of the great media business stories ever. Get into that a little bit later.
Speaker 2: Absolutely incredible if you're a fan like I am, like we are, of the free press. Barry has also come out and explained exactly what's going to happen now, and it's very reassuring. Yeah, so as pleased with that.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the news, let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story with Katie Green and Katie.
Speaker 4: All right, starting with the New York Post.
Speaker 5: Inside Trump's blunt exchange with nutting Yahoo after major development and Gaza peace deal.
Speaker 4: Quote so effing negative.
Speaker 1: Apparently Trump told Biebee stop being so effing negative. I'm being effing realistic.
Speaker 2: Could be replied b Bbe, whether silently or out loud.
Speaker 4: From the Washington Post Russia.
Speaker 1: Holtho, you have been around people when you're trying to put something together, just like it just always reasons why it can't work. Sure, can't do guys, We'll call them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: From the Washington Post, Russian air attack across Ukraine damages energy networks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it goes. It works both ways, speaking of deals that aren't happening.
Speaker 5: From ABC, judge to block relocation, federalization.
Speaker 4: Or deployment of any National.
Speaker 1: Guard to Oregon. Yeah, one judge jumped in on that. Gavin Newsom is very excited about it. We'll see if the Higher court, Supreme Court, or whoever jumps in on this and says no, you can it. In theory, Trump sending the National Guard to protect federal buildings, which he has every right to do so, and I hesitate to even ask.
Speaker 2: But so Trump federalized the Oregon National Guard to send them to Portland judge said no, and so Trump said final, We'll send the California National Guard, and then the judge.
Speaker 1: Shot that one down. Is that what's happening now? I believe so? All right? Close enough?
Speaker 5: From AOL News zo Oran Moondani flashes beaming smile and picture with you gone to big wig who pushed law to jail gay people for life.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, Michael, if you can grab that. From Saturday Night Live, they had a joke about mom Dami and uh, isn't The joke wasn't funny, but when they mention his name, the crowd erupted in cheers. In New York, I thought that was interesting. They got it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Socialism is the greatest fraud ever invented. Every generation falls for it, no matter how miserably it fails every time it's tried.
Speaker 5: From CNN, Robots, snakes and tortoises meet the reptiles.
Speaker 1: Of the Future. Holy crap. Robot snakes actually got a physical reaction out of me. I shuddered.
Speaker 4: What's happening in South Korea?
Speaker 5: They say it's a host of animals that could one day be used in space.
Speaker 1: What do we need robot snakes with space for robot Tortoises is finally Tortoises. Are you playing mad libs again? Katie?
Speaker 4: Possibly from The Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 5: Young people are falling in love with old technology, being driven by the feeling that they've lost control to screens. Teens and twenty somethings are resurrecting CDs, flip phones, and digital cameras.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I hope this is true. I'm skeptical though, that's not just a fad. It's cool to do this or that. Like I know a hipster young people who wear like your old timey digital watches because it's like trendy cool to be, you know, eighties or whatever.
Speaker 2: I want to put together an all analog sound system, like a listening room in my house, but I need somebody to do it for me.
Speaker 1: I gotta start churning my own butter. There you go.
Speaker 4: From brightbart dot com.
Speaker 5: Amazon deletes guns from every single James Bond film poster.
Speaker 1: Oh you gotta be kidding, And they all love it really bad because he's got his hand up here, Like, what are you doing with your hand there?
Speaker 5: What is what?
Speaker 1: Are you pointing out? A bird? Yeah? I know, Well that's that's really going to solve everything. Hollywood as left as left can get turns out idiots. Violent gun totin movie after gun tote, good movie, over and over again. Good point.
Speaker 5: And finally, from the Babylon b Taylor Swift assures Travis Kelsey that new song called Dumb Harry Football Jock isn't about him.
Speaker 1: Oh, we got a lot of news to get to. Hope you can stay here if you miss a segment at the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: Now that there's an AI powered necklace you can buy called Friend that listens to everything you say and then gives you positive feedback. I just like you say to the poor, lonely people who buy this if you think you have.
Speaker 1: No real friends.
Speaker 6: Now, wait, don't everyone sees you talking to your necklace?
Speaker 1: The digital world inspiring in troubling. So Michael and I were just talking. He agreed with me. I have watched nearly every episode of Saturday Night Live for since nineteen seventy five, or whenever it came on the air. That was the least funny episode I've ever seen, and he had saying something he had the same experience. It was weird. First episode of the year and you've had, you know, all summer to come up with jokes. They had the biggest turnover and staff they've ever had, but did they get into all new writers? Anyway? It was just not funny. And I know a lot of you hate Saturday out Live because their politics and everything like that. I like sketch comedy, so I liked Saturday out Live, but it just wasn't funny. I was like, Wow, this is incredibly bad. Wow. I don't know, Lauren, have you finally gotten too old or something? I don't know what happened there. Weirdly, I feel compelled to check it out. Yeah, see how unfunny it is? Flat anyhow, not important.
Speaker 2: So this is one of the many, many impactful Supreme Court cases this session. Is a free speech case that I am crazy fired up about.
Speaker 1: I'll hit you with the facts. Then there's a follow up opinion piece about it that we could talk about. But the question at the Supreme Court tomorrow we're going to get right to this is counseling free speech. Lefty Colorado and the legislature passed a ban on counselors engaging in conversion therapy, which in the past was like a in very broad and purposely, purposefully, you know, ridiculous terms, trying to browbeat the kid out of being gay. Yeah, I thought that was an old timing, though I didn't know that was still a thing. Well, here's here's the deal. The losses counselors cannot try to change a minor client's gender identity or sexual orientation, including behaviors or gender express essians. The statute explicitly permits, however, assistance to a person undergoing gender transit transition. Okay, but what do you what do you mean by counselors? Like I've told the story of I know somebody who I'll be vague, but anyway, it's a person that does a therapy for people, and how they have talked so many like teens out of being a different gender, like just like with like twenty minutes of conversation and when they decide, yeah, you're probably right. I'm just I'm unhappy about other things. Yeah. Are you not allowed to do that? Byrestly illegal? Oh my Colorado, Oh my god, because this particular therapist was talking about a lot of her therapist friends. You know, goal one hundred percent, you feel like you're a boy. Okay, cool, this is what we need to do. We need to get a hold of a doctor. Blah blah blah. She however, hormones right. She however, at least explores the idea that maybe you're just going through a rough patch and you're not actually a boy, and has had great success in convincing people fairly quickly that they're not. But they would make that I wouldn't even use that. It wouldn't even use the term convincing. I think that's prejudicial, helping them understand, just opening the door to their own feelings. Anyway. And interestingly, the next paragraph talks about, oh there's more hang on talks about this counselor, and it's any sort of counsel or anybody in the mental health field is bound by this law. And this woman.
Speaker 2: Happens to be a Christian who quote believes clients can accept the bodies that God has given them and find peace. And I appreciate the fact that so many folks at the forefront of these battles are devoutly religious Christian generally speaking, but I and part of the reason for that is we have such a great assertion of freedom of religion in this country, and so the courts pay special attention to that, But on a purely intellectual, scientific basis, there's an incredibly powerful argument to be made that No, just because a confused thirteen year old says I'm a boy now doesn't mean it's true. I could be a Christian, an atheist, the Quaker, It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Druid. Could you be a druid? You absolutely could be a druid. Thank you. But she says there's a constitution. Oh, she fears being punished if she discusses such things with miners experiencing gender dysphoria. That's constitutional violation, she argues, obviously, because the First Amendment protects quote private conversations between counselors and their clients. Colorado responds that she's overreading the law, claiming that none of what ms Child says she wants to do is band. Rather, the state prohibits a range of treatments, from electric shocks to hypnosis to role playing to cognitive behavioral therapies if they're done in an effort to alter a miner's gender identity or sexual orientation. The state argues such conversion therapy as harmful substandard healthcare, even if it only involves talking cognitive behavioral therapy, talking and helping people understand their thought processes and the habits they have of thinking. That's its entirely speech hypnos. But you know they mentioned electric shocks. Please who's in favor of that? But the plain text of the law appears broader in Colorado now prefers to admit quote a therapist.
Speaker 2: This is a quote from law. A therapist treating a miner who seeks to understand whether they identify as a girl or boy should help that patient explore that question, the state says, explore how if you help them in any way away from that, you're in violation of the law. Imagine a family coming to counseling with a little boy who has thisspory and likes trying on his sister's dresses. If a therapist discourages this for now, how is that not an a legal effort to quote change behaviors or gender expression? Yet Colorado's legislatures legislators made sure to add a line making clear that giving assistance for a gender transition is acceptable. Of course, So if there's any gray area, we just want you to know assisting yes, any sort of resisting no. Surely this won't hold up right, listen to this. This is why I'm so blanking fired up. The lower courts ruled against MS.
Speaker 1: Childs, with the tense Circuit Court of Appeals holding two to one that Colorado's law only incidentally involves speech, since it merely regulates professional conduct and bans a type of prohibited treatment. The state argues that this is a routine regulation of healthcare, not a free speech question. A kin to oversight quote of a surgeon who income incompetently closes a suture. That is a ridiculous and horrifying argument. Yeah. I didn't go to law school, but that doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 2: The idea that talk therapy is conduct, not speech that could get a chili reception from the justices, who were already always wary of claimed exceptions to the First Amendment.
Speaker 1: I agree completely. I swear to God.
Speaker 2: If this goes the wrong way, I don't know what I'll do, but it will be notable.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to electrocute people out of being gay. At one point, that's the worst thing I've ever heard. No, that is that is a typical. They're tried to kill us, They're tried to wipe us. Out. I don't feel safe anymore. They want to kill us and electrocute us. It's that we're under fire, We're afraid progressive fantasy thing play out. And then I came across this an opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal written by Kristin Wagoner, who is the person drawing I'm sorry arguing this suit in front of the Supreme Court, and the title of this is false charges of hate encourage violence, and she mentions that the ADL, the Anti Defamation Week Anti Defamation League Sorry last week retired its glossary of extremism because there is a huge backlash because they designated Charlie Kirk's Turning Point USA as an extremist organization. Months before the assassination, the Southern Poverty Law Center, which is one of the phoniest, most evil organizations on the planet, added Turning Point USA to its hate map, equating it with the Ku Klux Klan, Wow and so and mis. Wagoner writes, the SPLC labeled my organization a hate group in twenty sixteen, around the time we asked the Supreme Court to hear our case on behalf of Colorado. Cake artist Jack Phillips and his master Pete's Cake Shop. You remember that famous case. These designations encourage violence. Mike car window was shot out shortly after I argued Masterpiece Cake Shop before the Justices, and we see a spike in death threats whenever we see we receive fresh media or fresh mentions in the media. The threats reached a fever pitch after Kirk's assassination. Ahead of the Supreme Court term in which we have cases pending. On Tuesday, we deliver oral arguments, and Childs Versus Salas are the case I was talking about, which will determine whether states can forbid licensed counselors from helping children with gender dysphoria become more comfortable with their sex. And again that's the great sentence. You can confirm they should change sex, but it's illegal to suggest they can remain the same sex, which is just bizarre. But anyway, she writes, for the first time in our history, we will not hold a rally outside the court. Security professional professionals warned us that the threats of violence at an outdoor event were too great. Wow, I didn't know people were willing to get violent over the gate ruling.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, Well, and she goes into a fair amount of detail about how many times they've been assaulted, their windows shot out, their their office is vandalized, and how they all have to the public facing folks like her have to have private security. Groups like the ADL and SBLC are fostering hate by dehumanizing people who disagree with them. Little wonder that a third of college students believe it is acceptable to use violence to stop a speaker. Since I was accosted and threatened at Yale Law School in twenty twenty two, at a law school, for God's sake, I've had to travel with security virtually everywhere I go. Videos about me online that refer to the sblc's hate designation are adorned with such comments as where's.
Speaker 1: Luigi when you need him? Oh my god? Yeah, Okay, we have a Supreme Court ruling that has just come down. We'll have to mention here. They got right to it, so they did. Yeah, final note.
Speaker 2: But we won't be cowed when our defense in I'm sorry, when our cases in defense of women's sports are argued at Supreme Court in January, we expect to be back with the biggest rally yet, this time with the security apparatus needing to defend ours speakers. We welcome the peaceful counter protesters who will come. We would defend their First Amendment rights if necessary, knowing full well that they would never return the favor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Supreme Court has already ruled on a stupid case. I think they wanted to get that one out of the way on the first day back.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you got to warm up with the stupid stuff for to get the muscles loose first.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you about this. This is not controversy at all. You want your house to be secure, and simply Safe can do that for you. I am a proud user of simply Safe. Makes me feel good every time I pull away from my home. And the great thing about simply safe, one of them, is that while typical security systems don't really prevent someone from entering their home, they only react when it's too late. Simply Safe can stop a crime before it starts. AI security cameras identify the threat alert simply Safe's professional monitoring agents, and those agents can take action immediately, confronting the criminal, talking to them if they need to, triggering sirens and spotlights, and dispatching the cops. Yeah. It is so good, and with the lo long term contracts and the sixty day money back guarantee, I don't know why you wouldn't at least try simply safe. It's fantastic, especially because right now you good people can get fifty percent off on a simply a safe home security system. It's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. That's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. It is amazing, called the best by all sorts.
Speaker 2: Of publications, and again the year in your business every day, simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe. So here's the Supreme Court ruling that came in like an hour after they go to work on the first day back.
Speaker 1: Free speech, the National Guard rubbing out drug boats. Who knows what could it be? Jack tell a second amendment? Abortion gotta be abortion? Wait, bumma. Supreme Court rejects an appeal from Epstein accomplished Gulaine Maxwell. Okay, whatever, but they thought, look, we got to get the Epstein thing out of the freaking way, so we don't have to talk about it anymore. Tell her to go back in her home. Shut up, orse, she's a club fed. But anyway, yeah, I don't want to hear any more about that out of the Supreme Court. They got better things to do, no kidding. Uh. We got to get some email on the way, and plenty of news too, their meeting right now in Egypt on the whole Israel thing and how that's going to turn out. Ooh, that's a hot one. I hope you can stay here today, Armstrong. I hope you had a good weekend. I don't know, always like where you live, but whether as spectacular where I live. So got out a lot and riding bikes and grilling burgers last night on my little homeless person meth grill and really a nice time. I'm glad to hear that. Yeah, lovely, lovely time of year, the Ottoman. I don't believe in silent letters. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day. That's a good stance to take. Yeah, they're hiding there in plain view. How are you doing you?
Speaker 2: And anyway, here's your freedom loving quote. Could see our series about change, This one from Rachel Hollis, who I don't know. But moving doesn't change who you are, It only changes the view outside your window'. I liked that because I've became aware at some point of foot. I think you've called geographics, Jack, Is that right? Yes, yes, the idea that I'm unhappy or I have problems, But if I lived in this city, or had this job, or had that sexy woman or a better car or whatever, then I'll be happy and comfortable in my soul. And I believe to my souls being of souls that so many confused adolescents think. I'm really uncomfortable. I'm unhappy. I don't know who I am. I know I will start to identify as a different sex. Then I will be happy and comfortable in my own skin.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the ultimate geographic. Having your wang cut off.
Speaker 2: Yeah for instance, yeah, your healthy breasts. Absolutely tragic mailbag. Trump is a note mail bag and ar'mstrung in getty dot com. First of all, this important important piece of business from fan of the show. Good morning guys, Jack, Just curious, were you at a winery in Lodi, California, yesterday having lunch?
Speaker 1: I was not. If so, then the rumors are true. You are intimidating and unapproachable, just saying somebody was. But it wasn't me, it was somebody else with the resting murder face not Jack. Let's see, as long as we're talking about you, and it's not a kicking fruns, it's all negative about me too. We deserve our pleasures too, Jack, Michael, Oh, Katie, everybody, gentlemen. On Friday Show, Jack received the buzzer for failing to officially start the show. Well, I believe that during the government shutdown there is no FCC penalty for this offense, all right, so you don't.
Speaker 2: Need to start it. I keep pumping a national nightmare. It comes to an end soon.
Speaker 1: I keep forgetting there's a shutdown unless somebody brings it up. That's how devastating it is to me. It's Andrew and beautiful Jacksonville, Florida. Thank you, Andrew. Nice to hear from you. The Jaguars play the Chiefs tonight on Monday night football? Is that right? Excellent? Let's see samnonymous.
Speaker 2: With a note he said, I recently came across your incredible show, Thanks Sam, and I'm wondering incredible. Does he mean is in not credible? Or how is something this bad dot dot dot or anyway? He says, I'm wondering if he'll do a segment, perhaps a One More Thing podcast getting us newbies up to speed on some of the hilarious clips you frequently play, Mmm, like what is their origin? You know, what was the context and that sort of thing. You know, we could do that for a One More Thing podcast.
Speaker 1: We do have a lot of like running jokes, running clips, and we've been doing this for like twenty eight years. Joe and I are each in our eighties and we've been doing this for a very long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, why don't we do that. I'll put this aside, Sam, and we'll do that today on the One More Thing podcast. Let's see Dear Big Freedom and old simple Jack, writes Ryan from Houston. Right now, it seems like everything needs a strong rebuke about everything you don't like. I think it's important, though, to sometimes remember the best thing you can do is to ignore. Don't like Kimmel back on the air, ignore it. Don't like substandard Rabbit performing for twenty minutes at the Big Game. Ignore it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's important to fight back, but a lot of times ignoring something makes it go away faster. Substandard Rabbit. He was the host of Saturday Night Live. I didn't realize he was that sort of person.
Speaker 2: Bad Bunny and said you said the show was completely unfunny.
Speaker 1: Not his fault. The writing was horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I have no idea, no doubt, rather that the below average. Oh I can't remember the formal name for Rabbits anyway, substandard rabbit. I have no doubt he's a gifted entertainer. I mean, he's world famous. But yeah, you're right though, Ryan, A lot of things.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why movie studios provoke fake outrage over movies to get more publicity. And if you just yawned and moved on, they wouldn't get anything out of it. So yeah, sometimes it's better just ignore stuff. Did you see that article yesterday, I think it was in the Wall Street Journal about how devastated the entertainment industry is in Los Angeles?
Speaker 2: I did, Yeah, wow, And I know a lot of you might react to that. Who cares movie stars are at the Oscars. No, it's all about the middle class. It's all about the carpenters and set decorators and sound guys and key grips and the rest of it just terrible.
Speaker 1: But the number of like big budget films and big TV shows and stuff like that, it's just gone off a cliff nobody's making them anymore wild. We have lots to talk about a lot more on the way. If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty