Speaker 1: All the media. Okay, so this is definitely not your problem. But apparently the floor is leaking in the studio, so you see the mess behind me if you're looking, creates more crates of records, shout out DJ Effecto and Tita Helen and boxes everywhere, and a whole lot of fun, which means that you'll have to part in the brevity of this episode because of the things I just told you, which kind of kills the vibe of like what I wanted the theme of this word, which was like, well I need not n ain't age for a long time. I just wanted to check in. Let's check in and I tap in here We good politics, y'all? All right, so I am going to drag the hummy right now. DJ Molski, who is off top produced we are the culture produced the people EP of Friends since nineteen ninety five, That's how long I've known DJ Moski, a pillar out here in LA a true friend, a real brother, my real friend. Like a lot of times in the industry, you don't have like real friends, but I have found you have friends that are text friends, voice memo friends, FaceTime friends. Whereas in the sense of how they insist on communicating with you, right. Coffee black the homie Bartholomew we had on here. I'll make coffee black again from Memphis. He's a FaceTime friend. The boy call you on FaceTime and then put it to his ear so you looking at the side of his head. He just preferred to talk to you on face tide. That's just the way he prefer to talk to you, which is fine. It's just so funny. Moskie is I'm going to call you. Moskie's a phone call friend. He may respond to a text, but he a phone call friend. Now, it's always a good call. You just have to make sure you got about two hours. He always understands that, like if you gotta go, if you like, oh, bro, I got like ten minutes, or if you're like, hey, I gotta slide, I gotta let me call you back. He's never like, oh man, I just wanted to like He's always like, all right, no big deal. He doesn't take it personal. He just prefers to talk to you real connections. I love it. But he'll talk to you for two hours and then and the way that black people talk to me, like, well, I ain't need nothing, man, I'll just just thinking about you, praying for you, you know, tell the family I love him, Like just think we've been talking for two hours. What you mean you ain't. It is a Black tradition, and you just catch up on everything, you know, how the kids, what you're working on. And then with Moskie, it's a lot of like some of the schemes he working up in his music in his career. He gonna pick your brain. He gonna tell you the idea. He gonna tell you what the Lord showed him. You know what I'm saying. That's my dog man. But yeah, he a phone call friend and shout out Bartholo of you'll copy black. He he'll face time in voice memo, he'd be like Ganggang. He'll leave a thirty twenty not thirty. Let me not, let me not drag him out like that. It'd be like a five minute voice memo. I'm like, my dude, you just you just recorded a podcast for me right now, Like I'm not gonna sit down here and listen to this podcast. Give me the cliff notes. I figured on them because they my friends, Like these people are truly my friends. But it is a African American tradition to get you on the phone for two hours and then say, I ain't need nothing, so I'm about to hold y'all and just shoot the breeze with you about playing catch up with the news on some things that actually truly take more attention than this. That's the hard part about the era that we're in right now. So much happens so fast, And one of the feedbacks we got at the end of last year, at the end of last season was like, sometimes the stuff when I finally get to it, it be dated. You know what I'm saying, Because I tried to, Like I've said it before, I tried to bank episodes so that I'm not like stressing out on Monday. Where a situation like this, which is the floor's leaking, that I could have had some shows in the bank it would not have to worry about it. But you know what, that is just not the case right now. And not only that, ian Ian's on vacation right now.
Speaker 2: I can't even ask the producer because the Sneakers on vacation.
Speaker 1: And let me tell you so, I broke as hell. I cannot afford to fix this plumbing issue that I'm gonna have to investigate after I'm dead. Recording this, so bear with a Jeordia Patreon, send me a thousand dollars it cuts.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, Oh we can't afford this. I'll just keep it real, y'all. All right, anyway, but at least bombs are not being thrown across the border. But at least the police didn't murder my eighteen year old son and out of a fiddle rage, I didn't take a cops life.
Speaker 1: At least that didn't happen to me. Let's get into a hood politics, y'all. All right, India and Pakistan Pakistan. A bomb was tossed across the border in an area called Kashmir. Now here's the issue with Kashmir. You know, Kansas City has like is in two states. You got Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas KCMO. How you like? And you got to ask somebody from Kansas City, like which part of Kansas City KKKCMO. Okay, now imagine that. But their sectarian, tribal, ethnic religion and political violence. Now you're in Kashmir. Two sides. India and Pakistan both claimed Kashmir. The next question should be India, Pakistan Kashmir. What do they have to do with each other. Aren't they just nations right next to each other enjoying peaceful lives. Who know, here's your first lesson or here's another lesson in the continuing saga of no one liking colonizers, specifically the Brits. I am about to give you the most underwhelming, shortest, do not give it justice history at this moment right now, Like it's so bad, it's so bare minimum that is almost embarrassing. I just need to catch all up right now. A long time ago, Britain colonized India. Why nigga tea and spices, Because if you've tasted British food, them tea and them spices is the best thing that could have happened in Britain. Now, there is a precursor to that, which was the East India Trading cod which actually came from the Dutch, but we're not talking about that right now, which was probably the first multi national international conglomerate that really did damage to a local population. But that's the East India Trading Code for which I'm pretty sure there is a behind the Bastards episode on. But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about Britain. Now, when Britain left, now here's where you should be, like, hits history kind of rymet because the separations of Israel, carving a nation out of an existing nation called Palestine. You know when that happened, when the British left, Because again say it with me, now, no one likes colonizers. There was this thing called the partition, which was a fancy way of saying I'm going to draw an arbitrary line across this part of the ground and I'm gonna say y'all Pakistan and y'all India. So the border between India and Pakistan completely made up. That was called the partition. Now, in that process, as they both gained independence from the UK, millions.
Speaker 3: Died.
Speaker 1: Now why did they die, Well, you just broke up infrastructure. Because if just think about this, if somebody just make up a line and draw it through your neighborhood, you may not have access to water, no mo because now the municipality that took care of the electricity and water in your neighborhood is in another country. Homie, you telling me the Trader Joe's. I need to get a passport to go to Trader Joe's. Cuz like it, that's this, This is what I'm trying to say, Like it just caused an unbelievable amount of chaos. So there's this mass killing, great disruption, people going back and forth between borders, trying to figure out what's going on and eventually what kind of how the thing kind of like when the dust settled, you have Pakistan being mostly Muslim. Okay, now again I am doing a horrible disservice. These people are Pashte like this is Pashtun like mostly Muslim in India being mostly Hindu. Now you fast forward to what's going on right now with these far right Hindu nationalists who are out here mess around and like trying to commit some like ethnic cleansings against the Muslim population inside of India. Because again borders are made up. People believe different things. But when you get this nativist nationalist type vibe a lot of times that again unfortunately is developed in response to or in connection to colonizers and imperialists, you start you start believing the hype that they put on you. And this isn't a disk to my Indian brothers and sisters, because we do it here all the time. Just like I told y'all. Last week, black people, we often find our affinity to where them slave ships dropped us off rather than where we got on the boat. We looking at Central and South American black people talking about they different, they just got off the boat earlier. What I'm trying to say is no one's exempt from this. Okay. What you gotta do is stay woke and remember that a lot of this sectarian violence, that is not necessarily tribal, that is not necessarily cultural, is a product of imperialistic supremacy. Anyway, MODI, who is probably I kind of don't know how to say this, except that he's probably the most effective dictator we've seen in our time. Like I know, last week I talked about information circles, and I did get a few people inside of my my I'm in sections saying I got the story all wrong about Bukina Fasso. Which you might be right. One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist. You might be right. Nobody's a monolith. There is no place on earth that's a monolith. You might be right. I might be hearing a whole lot of a Wagner group of propaganda put out from them. You might be right. I ain't there, and you can't trust nothing coming out of a coming out of Russia's mouth. I know that I trust my people though, That's the thing anyway, with my own eyes. Okay, we're watching Hindu nationalists, a bunch of like militant groups like be Hella, violent towards the Muslim population inside of India. There is a true, real, real situation going on down there. Modi is definitely looking away right now as far as the violence, the sectarian violence that's happening in India, because he kind of wit the shits. But let's set that to a side for a second now. So the partition happened, We're going back to that. The partition happened. Guess what August fourteenth, nineteen forty seven. You understand that that's like barely a year and a half after the design has landed in Israel. Just I just don't understand why the British just just no one likes no one likes a colonizer. Anyway, let's get to what's happening right now. So every year since then, there's always been squirmishes. They both sides have extremist groups like not let's not act like one of y'all is as victims. Both sides have extremist groups. They've been tossing things back and forth for a while. Matter of fact, it's a known story that like to this day, is armed military right at the border right now and has been four years ready to see who ready to pop off? Right, So that's kind of what it's been going on for a long time. But the most contentious spot, like I said, is this area called Kashmir. Right, nobody can agree who really run Kashmir. So they both kind of say they both run Kashmir, which is kind of what's happening in Libya right now. There's two governments in Libya. I just listen, the world is stranger than fiction. So so Pakistan essentially, like I said, put themselves as the defenders of the Muslims of India, right because, like I said, there's this nativist movement happening in India where they feel like they're the suffering ones. Now that being said, it's not like Pakistan are some boy scouts because when they broke off Each Pakistan to form Bangladesh. Oh, I don't know if you knew that that Bangladesh was East Pakistan. Right, they are going through also gross human atrocities towards a few of their resistance movements. Understand that everywhere in the world where there's repressive regimes, there's resistance movements happening. So your stance if I should make you have a stance, which I can't, but if I were to make you have a stance, it'd be like your stance should be the stance that my father taught me. Solidarity was suffering people everywhere. So if you find somebody resisting suffering, find somebody standing up for the week, I'm telling you right now, I'm on the side you had that. Now that being said, just like last week, all y'all ain't freedom fighters. Kashmir is so contentious. At some point, somebody's gonna fall back, somebody's gonna pop up, somebody's militia groups are gonna be happening, And like anywhere else in the world, sometimes the government, especially repressive regimes, will toss some bread at a few of these resistance movements to kind of like let you all be the problem, kind of like Iran, right, Iran with like Hesbuala and the Huthi's like, let me just toss all some bread and y'all do the dirty work. Ain't nothing new under the sun. So that's been happening for a long time. Like so many people have died over the last thirty years trying to get this stuff figured out. But like I said, a lot of that was concentrated in Kashmir. It's one of the most militarized cities on the planet. It's not dope, Okay, all leading up to last week, Okay, I just skipped so much. All right, I'm just trying to catch you all up because Trump out here talking about Oh. I told him to stop, so they stopped. Bruh, you haven't spoken to anyone. You're gonna jump into Oh, so you're gonna handle this the way you handled the Russia Ukraine War. How you was like, I'm finna fix this in the day. Oh, You're finna fix this. Uh, Israel and Jumas, You're finna fix it in the day. Mister. You know you got it right now, you finish step into this one, my nigga. So finally, now, on April twenty second, it was about twenty six people were killed by a militant attack on tourists in India's Kashmir. Right now, there's no at this point, there's no like actual evidence that the Pakistani government has provided behind this. A few militant groups have claimed it, have said like, yeah, this is what we did. Now. Here's the thing. Here's where it gets real crazy. Is they saying this is our get back. We just getting our get back for what India did us. And when India responded. Here's what's funny. India responded and they they gave us a tag no hit backs. We're not trying to escalate the guys. We're just trying to get our get back from your get back. Well, I'm gonna get back from the get back of yo get back. Listen, this how wars happened, y'all. So if this is the first time you heard of any of this stuff, okay, first of all, you should be unbelievably surprised that only twenty four people die. That should be the first thing you thinking. We talk about one of the most densely populated locations on the planet. This why this is so scary, Well, it should be scary because Nigga is war. I just like it just is war. This should be a problem already, right. But secondly, because both these niggas got nukes all right, Now, Dan ain't got forty five of them. But you don't need forty five nukes, you need one, right, and again borders are made up. Okay, there's no force field. If you trust a nuke at Pakistan, India dies. Okay, if Pakistan tosses a nuke at India, Pakistan dies. Do y'all like, this is why nobody's thrown a nuke Cause I think we all get you can't. Really, there's no no one wins nuclear ward. I can't believe. I gotta say nobody wins nuclear war. Guys, nobody wins now right now? Little known groups Routerers has a great article on it. Little known groups, these like small little like what we would call starter gangs, have been claiming the responsibilities for all these like relatively speaking squirmishes. But you have to remember again this goes all the way back to nineteen forty seven. Okay, And this is coupled with again, Kashmir is super isolated. They cut off like it's hard to get reports out of Kashmir. Right. Modi again is a bona fide dictator right, and is doing his best to push out Muslim populations and Pakistan. You can't pretend like you're a victim. Okay. This one of them very few moments where truly, truly you could say there are no clear good sides on this except for the people inside of both of these nations who are like, this is a y'all problem. Oh man. This the best way to understand this was I was at the Scratch Bastard Bastard picnic this past weekend. Shout out Scratch Bastard led me a rocker verse. It's one of the doput DJs. I he's probably he's the he's the best DJ I know. And that's hard for me to say, okay, because I know the legends. Oh my god, that guy's good at what he does. Okay, so let me let me fall back. He's good at what he does. Now, while we were there, I'll talk at some of the hummies about why a lot of us got out of gang banging. Now, for me, graffiti saved my life. But there was an era when taggers were starting to become tag bangers, and then eventually it just became gangs. Okay, But then there was these things that we used to call like sort of like starter gangs, which were like kind of like when you're in junior high or high school and you're really not ready to shoot nobody, but you down the squad right and you got your beefs and stuff like that, but you throw parties make money. It's like, but you're not really own the hood, right. Anyway, he was talking back and forth about stuff like that, and there was like there are times that I know, for me, I just like putting all the violences. I just couldn't keep up with the cheesemn Like I don't know who we beefing with now, I really ain't got no problem. And a lot of times the beef be happening because one of the OG's just had his girls stolen by somebody from that other neighborhood that we really ain't got no problem with. But all of a sudden, now we mad at him. And it's really just because the girl chose that dude. Now he are op. You know what I'm saying, y'all lost in a dice game. I'm talking about when we was like little little You know what I'm saying, You lost the dice game. You feel me? You feel like you got disrespected at some party that I just happened to be at. My grandma house. So I didn't go to that party, So I missed that, right, and I'm like, we mad at Wan Carlo. Now we was in the same head, start like, I have no problem with Wan Carlo. None of us really have no issue with nobody over there. But now that you do, now that y'all got problem, we got problems. Hell. I was in a rap beef like that where I was like, I don't I don't got no problems with them. That's y'all's problem. There are hundreds of thousands of people in Pakistan and India that feel like that. That being said, you can't have a movement without some people, without some extremists. So at the end of the day, listen, Nope, no one's exempt. Nobody likes colonizers. There's kind of no good guys in this right and let us pray that they figured this out, okay, because I don't know if we could have another like back to back to back to back to back type beef that we've had. I just did you a very underwhelming catch up to what's happening. Now, let's talk about the man that hit a cop with his car next. All right, we're back here we go This is a complicated story. If you value life, peace, justice, and and freedom, this is complicated. It's also complicated if you exist in intersections like we always do. I am a black man, I am also a father, So this is a tough story. Rodney Hinton Jr. Okay probably gave us one of the most iconic videos and shots. That guys. It makes me step back and think of things that doctor King said, which was I've said it many times, but in reference to the riots of the sixties Watts, he says, my stance is and will always be of nonviolence. While I don't condone the actions of the citizens of Watts, I understand it. The city has been a counterpeg waiting to blow for many centuries. You can't oppress people, you can't treat people like they're subhuman for so long without them eventually fighting back. We've made this comparison many times, and I am not the first or only person to make this comparison. The police, for most people of color, and now you can add ice, feel like an insurgent force. They are an invading gang. They move like a gang. They demand tribute. It feels like extortion. They're dangerous, but they get to generally hide behind a badge. Now, the pushback I could always feel is the same pushback y'all can always feel when we talk about policing. Everybody wants somebody on the other side of the phone. When your house is getting broken into, it everyone does. What I don't want is for that person to come and shoot me after I called, or to even murder the person that broke into my house. I don't desire a murder. But here's this case in Cincinnati, Ohio. Ryan Hinton allegedly was inside of a stolen car that was pursued by the police, and the four gentlemen that were inside of the police got out and ran. Now, according to the body reports, he was shot in his back multiple times, which means he was running. The bodycam footage says he had a gun. He's got a gun. He's got a gun, he's pointing it at me, and then there's also a video of a gun somewhere in the vicinity. The issue is that might be true, there might have been a gun that there's also very possible that no, there wasn't. Either way, officer unloaded on this eighteen year old boy. Next day, the father, oh man, I can't I need it, Damn Rodney Hilton Junior, which I think would be an open and shut Clay case, which is like this is literally this is temporary insanity where he finds an officer who was just a retired deputy named Larry Henderson who was doing directing traffic. He drove his car into him and took his life. And obviously the families are sad, they're outraged, but it's complicated and in that this man willingly went inside the court willingly was ready to face the jury. But as this happens in the courtroom, there's about thirty officers lined up on the side of the courtroom. And this man, while he is in his bail hearing where he didn't get it, keeps his chin up, looks them officers in the face, walks by one by one because you came back down the gangs. You came back down the bullies. Because what happens is our sons keep dying. Now, I am not one that was defending Mangione in the beginning of the year. I am one that's saying the same things that doctor King was saying. I understand it. I understand having to watch footage of your son being murdered and losing all sense of direction. I also understand being very clear minded of like you've taken enough of ours collectively, because the thing about the oppression experience in the black community is it's very collective. Right. But don't think we don't have good sense because you see anybody defending Diddy. We understand there's two sides of this story. There are times that, like I said, yes, the government has conspired to take down many successful black men. It happens all the time where the system works against us once we get too successful. And we're also just human too. Some of these niggas's scumbags. But even the most hardened of criminals is still somebody's son. If he stole that car and he was running catch him. I'm sure this man's father, I'm sure this young man's father would understand if his boy was out there committing crime and now he's being held, this wouldn't make the news, cause he'd be just another lost black boy who is not going to get the same chances that a lot of other little white boys get. See the little white boys, they get the boys will be boys thing. You know, you get it. You're young, dumb, you're fuck up as a kid. It is what it is. No we die, right. So this father, in what I can only imagine is a fit of grief that makes you lose your mind, took matters into his own hands. Is it a homicide? That's for the courts to decide. Is it a manslaughter? I mean yes? So is it a murder? Probably? Was Luisi Mangioni a murder? Probably? They are seen planned. You just can't push people too far. Eventually they fight back.
Speaker 2: H h.
Speaker 1: So we'll see, man, We'll see what happens. He drove that card to the officer and gladly, gladly took his time, kept his chain up, walking by all them officers who were clearly there. They say they're there in solidarity with their fallen brother, and black people are like, where's our solidarity for our sons? Because all you're saying is the officer felt threatened, he was doing his job. You have no mercy for our humanity, yet you expect us to have mercy for yours. It's complicated. I don't have an answer for you. My answer is, so we'll see, man, We'll see what happens. He drove that card to the officer and gladly, gladly took his time, kept his cheating up, walking by all them officers who are clearly there. They say they're there in solidarity with their fallen brother and black people are like, where's our solidarity for our sons? Because all you you're saying is the officer felt threatened, he was doing his job. You have no mercy for our humanity, yet you expect us to have mercy for yours. It's complicated. I don't have an answer for you. My answer is, well, crimes of survival are a product of late stage capitalism, and sometimes people with underdeveloped prefrontal cortexes make stupid decisions. And yes, lands need to have laws, but we don't need a law enforcement that fancies themselves an army. It leads us into situations as such. So as you're looking across the country or across the world, over at India, over at Israel and Palestine, over at the Huthis over in Ukraine, and you think, how could that ever happen? It's happening now here. There's so much more to talk about, But my studio's flooded, my feeder and water right now, I have to fix this.
Speaker 3: I'll talk to you all Friday.
Speaker 1: All right, now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers. Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recorded in East Lost Boyle Heights by your boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the Coldbrew coffee we got terraform Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off get yourself some coffee. This was mixed, edited and mastered by your boy Matt Alsowski Killing the Beat Softly. Check out his website Matdowsowski dot com. I'm a speller for you because I know m A T T O S O W s ki dot com Matdowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out The heat Politics is a member of cool Zone Media, Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and Overly Mattowsowski. Still killing the beat Softly, So listen. Don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics. These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week on the