Speaker 1: Okay, Denise Richards, we meet again. It was supposed to be in person and you were going to interview me, which we're going to do in the new year, but since we had this time on the calendar, I wanted us to just have a conversation, like between the two of us, not you know, just a discussion. Okay, so let's just get housekeeping out of the way. When I saw you in New York, I said to you that I called our publicist to be like, why is Denise like on the show for free? Because they're going to use it the whole season as a promo, because she's going to be the get in the star, but she's not being paid, Like you shoot one scene and then they're going to promo it as if you were on the whole entire season. And then we talked and you know, you said you went to something of Garcels, you were supporting her and go into an event for her, and then whatever your body, your choice. We kind of dropped it. And then me as a viewer, I didn't even see the show at the time, but like saw all these promos of you at this pot dinner and like you seem out of sorts and like the whole entire promo for this episode is Denise Richards, who's not a cast member, who's not being paid. And then I even saw more promos than about this upside down jacket. So what did you did you feel differently after that whole episode came out and all the promos about what we talked about in New York.
Speaker 2: Well, I actually didn't even watch the show, and I didn't even see the episode where I showed up for Garcelves her screening and all of that. I believe they did give me a guest the appearance after Okay, but I you know, it is what it is, you know. I was asked by garcel hey, would you go to a dinner or a lunch or something, And I said, you know what, if you're there.
Speaker 3: I will, I'll go and do it.
Speaker 2: And I found it a little odd to have someone who is supposedly sober host a weed party.
Speaker 1: Interesting to begin with, yes, and interesting.
Speaker 2: And I voyce that I do not do weed, I don't do edibles, I don't do any of that and doesn't mix well with my body. I've tried read twice for the record, and I don't like it. And so I said, I don't think I should go to this because I don't just because I cannot have weed. And they said that they, you know, don't worry, we have meal whatever without reading it.
Speaker 3: And so okay, yeah, no, I was.
Speaker 2: I went sideways there and came home and Aaron was like, what is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: And I go, I don't know. I've never been like that.
Speaker 1: What do you say? What happened? Did you drink before? Did you take something? Did you mix something?
Speaker 3: Anything? I took?
Speaker 2: I had a drink before I went, and that I was nervous seeing the women.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 2: And then when I was there, I felt, first of all, I was sick, and I said, I also said, you know, I'm not feeling good.
Speaker 3: I'm sick. And I did three COVID tests.
Speaker 2: They all came back negative, and one of the producers said, as long as my test is negative, I could still go. I said, okay, because I didn't want to cancer. I didn't want to not in hindsight, I pressure and don't go on. I didn't want them to say, oh, she's didn't show.
Speaker 3: Up or whatever, because I'm not what. I've been a whole thing, you know.
Speaker 2: Yes, But progressively during the evening I felt worse and worse, and then I just remember not half the night.
Speaker 3: It was bizarre.
Speaker 1: So were you on cold medicine or something like?
Speaker 3: Do you what?
Speaker 1: Do you what? Do you attribute being out of sorts like that too?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean I took a cold, like just regular cold medicine before I went, but nothing crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like I thought maybe you would take in the initially, so well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing, I have no idea what was Maybe there was a mix up in the meal or.
Speaker 3: The water or something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: All I know is when I got home, I was like, what, there's something wrong with me?
Speaker 1: Wow? Did you think you had said something you might regret? Or were you like in your head about it or you're not?
Speaker 3: Like you know what?
Speaker 2: I won't even watch it because I'm sure I obviously made an ans out of myself. So I was like, why the hell am I going to watch myself like that? And I told Joel, our publicist. I gave her a heads up when I was in New York. I go, there's an episode coming out that's probably not going to work for very well, So just to give you a heads up.
Speaker 1: And in rech like, so, go if today Bravo called you and said, will you come to this lunch for this guest feed, would you do it again?
Speaker 2: I would go, yeah, okay, do you know here's the thing It's like Also also the thing too, is I don't know why people are making such a big deal at it. I don't have to because they've never seen me that way. But all of these women are always you know, even eric Al was even saying how high she was and lit, and a lot of them get very you know, drink a lot and get drunk and all of that.
Speaker 3: And so I was like, well, why the hell is this such a big deal about me? I don't understand it.
Speaker 1: That's a great point. That's a great point. Do you think that So the part where you're coming at Erica, do you have clarity, yes, what your problem was? First of all, just to make you feel better. I think people I don't even feel like they're laughing at you. I think it's like the perfect comedy Gold Housewives seen like while in the moment, it's cringe like, you're probably like, oh my god, I made such an ass of myself. I did that last summer at someone's house. And I came back thinking everybody was like never going to speak to me again or thinking about it, and they were laughing, like what do you mean. We've seen people so fucked up, so like you could be in your head too. Obviously it's on TV, believe me. I was at an Oscar party the night before, that big major party in La that like is the most everybody's Madonna, everybody's famous beyond and I drank a giant martini and it was like a fish bowl and I was in the middle of the party and I said to my friend, I won't be able to make it to the door without phone. We have to sit down here on this couch and like recover and you've got to just somehow. I'm like weekend at Bernie's and get me out because I'm not. It's not going to go well. So we've all been there, we'll be there, but you're on television.
Speaker 3: Yeah I know, Yeah, it's on TV.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, whatever it is, what it is. It was a wead party, So of all parties to be like that at that was the party like that.
Speaker 1: So you think it's something with maybe the cold medicine and a cocktail or maybe it was.
Speaker 3: I have no idea. I had one cocktail boy left.
Speaker 2: And even there, I remember I only had a half a good drink.
Speaker 3: I held on to the whole time.
Speaker 1: It's just a perfect campy thing to laugh about. So I don't feel like people are like laughing at you. And yeah, for Jill, she probably doesn't care at all. I mean, that's what this whole thing is. It's about that somebody do saying or doing something stupid and laughing. So that's my take.
Speaker 2: I just didn't understand I have such a big deal when all these other women go nuts.
Speaker 3: On this show.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: And that, uh, that Kyle, who's sober, is hosting a weed party.
Speaker 3: Why would you interesting party?
Speaker 1: If you're sober, that's interesting. And maybe she's sober from alcohol, but would partake in we maybe obviously.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, she's California sober.
Speaker 1: California so so so you think it's like sober light sober sometimes sober ish.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What about the situation with Erica, do you have clarity as to what that was?
Speaker 2: Yes, I felt like I didn't even have I didn't even know where to start. That's why I come telling her. Did you watch the show like where do I start. It starts from the beginning of the season that I was on to the end, Like I didn't even how do you not know what? You were such an asshole to me? You know that, I just what I was trying to ask her what I said. I don't know what aired is that you were so nice to me my first.
Speaker 3: Season you kept going on about me being.
Speaker 2: A bond girl and you were, you know, so into wanting to be my friend. And then the second season, like what the hell did I ever do to you? Why were you such a bitch to me?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: And I as a as a housewife, as a former housewife, I think I know what you were saying. You're saying it wasn't one specific moment at one specific party. You're saying energetically, it was a shift, and like to act like she didn't know about the shift was like gaslighting in your mind, Like what do you mean?
Speaker 2: And I didn't want to go through the list of things, but I felt like I didn't have to.
Speaker 3: She's not stupid. She fucking knew got it.
Speaker 1: I get that. Like I used to even when Sonya used to be talking like in circles about something, I would kind of understand what she was trying to say, Like you weren't you weren't articulate, but I got what you were saying. I mean I didn't watch the whole season, but I knew what you were saying. You were saying, like overall you've been a little bit. Yeah, I get what You're okay, got it? Well, the joke was had to be on you that night, and there's always somebody who the joke is on, and there's always somebody who is doing the joking about you know, so you're just you. You were in the hot seat and then just the jacket thing with Dori. So yeah, for some reason, I reminded me of Dirinda. Sometimes with Dirinda, if you come at Dirinda and you say something, she feels like she knows, like she doesn't want something to comme at her, so she wants to cut it off at the past. And it felt like with you with Duri, you were like, don't even.
Speaker 3: You know what? Does?
Speaker 2: She does this with everyone and especially me? Anytime you see her, she'd be like, oh, lipstick doesn't look right, you need some lip gloss. Oh you've got mass scarat, you've got your hairs out. I'm like That's why I was like, stop, I don't care if my lip glosses not on or I have little Masscara.
Speaker 3: That's why I was like, shut up, shut the fuck up.
Speaker 2: Interesting because and that's why I was like stop, do you feel like you need to do that to make yourself feel more secure?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like there's always a connection to your parents. She's always making some comment about your parents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, always, Not once have I seen her? Has she not said one thing about my appearance?
Speaker 1: So interesting, that's funny. That's very housewives too, that like we would see this in a vacuum and be like, okay, she's telling you your jackets upside down. Like girls, girl, like you have toilet paper on your shoe or you have you know, Schmitz on your face.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: But I didn't give a shit that my jacket was upside down. I wanted to get the hell out of there.
Speaker 1: You just grabbed your jacket and we're like hauling us, and you know what.
Speaker 2: I did try it on for my glam after and they were even like, you know, you can't tell sometimes if it is upside down or right.
Speaker 1: Oh, like some sweaters you don't know where the arms are.
Speaker 3: It's like this.
Speaker 2: Fathery thing and I just wanted to get out and leave. I didn't care if I could have left the jacket there for all that.
Speaker 1: Well, people are laughing, which I think, Oh that's wonderful.
Speaker 3: At least they're laughing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't so you don't have to see it. I never I only ever watched my stuff once. You didn't even watch it once.
Speaker 3: I don't watch watching myself.
Speaker 1: Did Aaron watch it or no.
Speaker 3: We don't. He didn't even watch when we were on it.
Speaker 1: What does he think of the whole thing? Is he into you being there? Does? What would he think about going back?
Speaker 3: He thinks all the women are crazy?
Speaker 1: But does he like it as a concept? Does he like being on it? Or does he want you there or not there?
Speaker 2: Teams that He's like, whatever you want to do, I will support amazing.
Speaker 1: I liked him a lot. I liked him a lot.
Speaker 3: Thank you. He really liked you too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i'd liked him a lot. I was actually excited for you to possibly be coming here because I thought we'd all go to dinner. So I want to will whether in l a Yeah, I like him. I like you, guys. I love you you know, I love that you really it's not like an act. You really don't give a shit.
Speaker 2: I don't I know what when you get a certain age, it's like, all right, people are gonna say I was fucked up.
Speaker 3: At a night.
Speaker 2: Who has not in their life done like that? Unfortunately it was on television. I honestly do not know what. I don't know if I accidentally had something that had beat in it I have because I cannot.
Speaker 3: Have it, I don't know. But whatever it was one night, it.
Speaker 2: Was on television for two episodes that I have to live.
Speaker 1: Kim Passenger on Blind Date not that bad. That was a funny movie. So does Housewives even hold a candle to when you had when you experienced your craziness with your divorce?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: So like, yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's like when you've gone through so much publicly, maybe if I and that's the thing I think a lot of the women didn't understand my second season where I would let stuff just roll off my back is because maybe if I hadn't gone through so much stuff publicly, certain things would have bothered me.
Speaker 3: But because I have gone through so much, I'm like, who gives his shit?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: It's nothing, and the stuff they were accusing me of, I'm like, okay, I have had worse things said about me publicly, So that's why I didn't even but I think though maybe I should have acted like it did.
Speaker 3: And I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, you've been you know, you've been through the ringer. A lot of people were like I loved Denny's, like she's so beautiful, and I loved hearing this, and I loved hearing that, like, so you're very, very very beloved and to a point where it was even not that I thought you were disliked, but it was surprising, like a lot of people with a lot of love about you. And yes, you've been through hell and back. And I often think about that regarding like there are hate pages against me, hate accounts, people have lives hating me, and I'll post something and the more hate it's getting, the more views it's getting, Like it's almost like hate cells now and used to be sex cells.
Speaker 2: I agree with you with hate cells, because that's crazy. That's where it starts with like the tabloids, the magazines that we used to have, and then it's obviously online and so yeah, it's it's sad that people you know, you can't be happy and positive all the time.
Speaker 1: It's sad. But what I'm saying to you is that I realize now, like when there's more hate right, sadly you're doing something right because it's triggering people and it's bothering them that you are successful. Like I'm finding my head is confused because there'll be something that I posted, something about a bagel and some caviat like the salmon row, and you would have thought, I said, you would have thought I abducted so much child like it was such vile hate that was crazy. But the thing was through the roof in views like it aggravated people for some reason, that I would do this and that people would want to watch this, like it drives people nuts.
Speaker 3: I know, it's the society we're living in, Yes,