Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: And I remember when Elon Musk coasted, and this is well before he was a Trumper, this is three or four years he was just the richest man in the world. And a number of the cast members I'm saying that live like they wouldn't. They didn't want to deal with him. They didn't exactly boycott, but they made it plain. And I was thinking, really, you have Elon Musk on.
Speaker 2: Your show for a week. You could talk to.
Speaker 3: One of the most interesting, brilliant people the world has ever produced, even about this issue that bothers you so much that he's so rich and lots of people aren't. But no, you don't want to even deal with him.
Speaker 2: That's what I hate about.
Speaker 3: The last.
Speaker 2: That's what I hate about the left.
Speaker 1: From Bill Maher on Friday Night, He, like a lot of older liberals, horrified by the way his party looks at the world and thinks, yeah, that's why we lost.
Speaker 2: Most people don't feel this way about things. So there you go. Well, well and just.
Speaker 1: A breathtaking arrogance of it. I have nothing to learn listening to anyone else, including Elon Musk, one of the most astounding entrepreneurs ever, you know, stride the earth. I know what I know, I think what I think. I don't want to hear anybody else's opinion, and in fact, their opinion is disinformation and should be shut down.
Speaker 2: We should censor it.
Speaker 1: I have two friends that texted me over the weekend that they lost old friends when their friends found out that they voted for the Republican candidate for president. Like in one case, they've been friends, like best friends for twenty five years, and their friends said, I'm embarrassed for you, I'm ashamed of you, and I cannot have anything to do with you anymore after being best friends for twenty five years. How crazy is that? That really is beyond rational reckoning. I mean, that's not the way a rational human being being. No, it is not unless they believe all of the madness, like you know, the crap Oprah was spewing or whatever, the Nazi stuff. Yeah, yeah, well I know in this particular case because I said, what was their main thing? And it was because all the Project twenty twenty five thing. They believe the worst versions that were out there. A lot of it was complete crap about Project twenty twenty five. This person was married to somebody who's Spanic is Hispanic and believes their marriage is going to be annulled by the government or something.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're nuts now, do you not know you're nuts?
Speaker 1: Well, in the purveyors of that sort of nonsense too, I think somebody needs to call them out for being completely immoral desperation to get well, it's not it's greed to get clicks and attention, so.
Speaker 2: You throw out more and more nutty news.
Speaker 1: And it exists absolutely on the right as well, the whole q andon adjacent click bait, hyper paranoid media thing. It's Oh, it's evil. It needs to be called out, but on both sides anyway. Yeah, wow, lifelong friendships are decades long friendships. You're dead to me. You voted for Trump? Uh, the majority of America did, like most of the states, all of the swing states. In New Jersey he almost won. But we're insane. Nazis. Really way more black, Hispanic and Asian people voted for Trump than ever have voted for Republicans in the past.
Speaker 2: What do you think that is they've internalized white supremacy or the word.
Speaker 1: Yes, groceries are too expensive, and the borders are open ding the crime is rampant. Well, all right, he almost starting into a tangent on a tangent on a tangent about crime.
Speaker 2: But don't get me started.
Speaker 1: So Trump's transition team is up and running and going full speed. A lot of resumes being kicked around, a lot of consideration given to a lot of people. The journal was trying to make kind of a big deal of the fact that instead of big like what they call him the briefing books or whatever that the president's got in the past, Trump really prefers like a website where he can see the picture and the resume and maybe a couple of clips of them doing TV interviews and stuff like that. And there's almost there's just the people who wrote this article. There's almost a bit of a tone about Trump the video. He can't read a book. He's plus you know how important looks are and all. But honestly, you know, I've been a Trump critic, but no, that makes perfect sense to me. Well, there's a website instead of like a book to flips through.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: There's been some mention of the American tradition of one president at a time and the incoming president not making a big show of blah blah blah. I think what's going on there is our current president's brain don't work, and we're trying to send the message to America and the world we are up and running. We got a guy and he's he's already you know, talking to Putin, talking to she, talking to everybody, getting people in line. I mean the fact that the Washington Post editorial board wrote a piece saying Democrats are paying the price for hiding Biden's infirmity. Raise my hand, quick, quick thing you might want to mention. He's still president today. You're talking about the Democrats are in trouble for hiding the fact that Guiden's brain doesn't work. He's president right now and for some these more days. How disturbing is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wow?
Speaker 1: And again the Washington Post saying Democrats fame the price for covering that up is just too rich.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's come on.
Speaker 1: Come on, where were your endless articles pointing out what eighty five percent of America were able to figure out on their own. Yeah, and like all of the infamous videos of him wandering around glassy eyed or babbling incoherently you said were misinformation or out of context or edited. No, he's freaking senile and constitutions. All right, sir, that's that's good. Now enjoy your jello.
Speaker 2: Eighty five percent of America knew it.
Speaker 1: Washington Post, and you were like part of the fifteen percent that was.
Speaker 2: Denying it, you lion liars.
Speaker 1: I'll read from some of that later, but I mean they even point out when the White House made up that term deep fakes to try to cover a couple of things, like what oh no, No, they were cheap fake, cheap fakes, right, that made up the term cheap fakes to cover up a couple of things. Wow. Yeah, Yeah. So the transition team is up and running. There have not been many names named except for this one. This fella gonna be in charge of the border.
Speaker 4: Well, look, I've been clear at President Trunction clear, public safety threats and national security threats will be the priority because they have to be. They propose, most dangerous country. So we're going to prioritize those groups, those who always have final orders, had those that had due process, a great tax pair of Spence and our federal judge as you must go home, and they didn't. They became a future there.
Speaker 1: So that's Tom Holman, who is the head of the Border Guards under Trump. So his crazy revolutionary, racist, radical position is those who've gone through the entire due process and have a notice to deport outstanding against them, we're going to.
Speaker 2: What's the word deport them?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Sanity, please come back to us, Sanity, We've missed you terribly. Trump did make a curious announcement about the transition, which we'll get to in a second afterward. From our friends and sponsors at Prize Picks, did you get on Prize Picks this weekend? During the food to Ball action, ten million members, billions of dollars in award and winnings. Prize Picks has made daily fantasy sports accessible doll You just pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to one hundred times your cash. Yeah, this is so easy to do and get into some certainly a lot easier than having a fantasy football team.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You can now win up to one hundred times your money on Price Picks with as little as four correct picks, and price picks now offers Venmo like we all use, for quick and easy deposits and withdrawals into your account this sports season, jump on it today and if you download the app today and use the code Armstrong, you get fifty bucks instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. This code armstrong you get fifty bucks instantly when you place your first five dollars lineup, and you don't have to win, it's just automatic that you get it. And price picks now offers Venmo for quick and easy deposits and withdrawls. They have all sorts of great facets to the playing and it's easy to understand.
Speaker 2: Prize Picks app.
Speaker 1: Use the code Armstrong, Prize Picks run your game. So the announcement that was over the weekend was kind of funny. The President announced that and I quote, I will not be inviting former Ambassador NICKI Haley or former Secretary of State Mike Pompeio to join the Trump administration, which is currently information. I very much enjoyed and appreciated working with them previously and would like to thank them for their service to our country. And when I heard that, I was thinking, you know, there's like three hundred and forty million people in America, are you going to announce all of them that are not going to be in the administration. I got to believe Nicki Haley thought she might be Secretary of State or something big, not after he didn't use her at all on the campaign trail. That was proof that she was on his papoo.
Speaker 2: List, the poopoo list.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Now the slap at Nicky's revenge him for her running against Trump and being critical of him. I mean, she supported him in the general, but Trump Trump holds grudges. The ban I'm Pompeo is really interesting to me because he was CIA director you may recall, and then Secretary of State through all four years. He lasted the entire term, unlike I could go through the list right, and Pompeo considered a run for president, but then when Trump made noises that he was in, Pompeo immediately got out. So why the preemptive stiff arm against Pompeo.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that one's pretty obvious.
Speaker 1: Pompeo's a big Ukraine is vital to US interests that they don't lose to Russia. Guy and he's not gonna Trump's not gonna have him at a high level. I think Trump's willing to give away quite a bit to get this Ukraine Russia thing ended. I think it's more than that. That absolutely could be a factor. But according to those who study the behind the scenes Trump team, Don Junior is wielding much greater influence than he did the first time around, which was Don Jr. The really good looking one with the beard. Yeah, Kim Gilfoyle, who's never mind, never mind, never mind your little dog. Plastic surgery sounds great on the way in, but b or the first couple times, Yeah, golly golly gee. Anyway, but Don Junior behind the scenes, and one of his favorite guys is Tucker Carlson, that whole crowd, and Pompeo is an old school hawk. He's a piece through strengths guy, which Trump shares. But he's also a if we have to appreciate American power around the globe, we're gonna do it guy, which is very much the Tucker Carlson way. And according to j D Vance's latest incarnation, JD's not swinging that way.
Speaker 2: And also.
Speaker 1: JD's the guy for twenty eight barring other developments because Trump is a one termer this time around, obviously, So anybody who might challenge JD from gaining stature by holding a cabinet position is probably not going to get the gig. You're not going to see up and comers in the cabinet, they think, you get to see established folks who are clearly not going to run for president. So you think with the plastic surgery, you get used to your new look, and then that is how you slowly get down the road to look in like a freak.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people can delude themselves. We all do it all the time because you're thinking, yeah, I'm looking pretty good. Then you see a picture of candid picture of yourself and you think, good lord damn.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah that happens.
Speaker 1: Or do they give you like if you get five plastic surgeries, it's like a card at the yogurt shop.
Speaker 2: The sixth ones free and you think, wow, I've given me one for free. I should get the I got.
Speaker 1: There a little dangling. Maybe we'll get this tightened up.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right.
Speaker 1: One more note on the one online Maga Acolyte tweeted Sunday that the stop Pompeo movement is great, but it's not enough right now.
Speaker 2: We need maximum pressure to keep all.
Speaker 1: Neocons and warhawks out of the Trump administration. And if we had time, I would dwell on those two terms. But Don Junior retweeted his ascent agree one.
Speaker 2: Percent. I'm on it.
Speaker 1: Neocons and warhawks huh okay, we can parse those terms. Later on, Trump called Putin over the weekend, so do not escalate. And remember we got a lot of troops and equipment in Europe, so that was fairly strong talk.
Speaker 2: I don't know exactly what he's gonna try to do.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be the warhawkish, that's gonna be something to watch the WAPO saying, hey, Dems, why did you hide Biden's being senile.
Speaker 2: I do want to get to that at some point. A lot of other stuff too. Stay here.
Speaker 1: Thas you want to talk about today, I do want to talk about my trip to Vegas with my son for his birthday slash Christmas present, when we went to the Eagles concert at the Sphere, and I want to talk about everything that is Vegas and seeing eighty year old men playing.
Speaker 2: Rock and roll music.
Speaker 1: But a couple of texts we got First of all, jd Vance will be the first Marine vice president. Wishing the Marines a happy birthday, I said to Marine's birthday was today. It's yesterday, the tenth. Okay, And why is Tesla's stock up so much? Katie brought us a headline that Tesla is now worth over a trillion dollars. Tesla stock shot up after the election.
Speaker 2: Tesla stock is up.
Speaker 1: We got this text because of the anticipation of relaxation and regulations for autonomous vehicles. One of the seriously overlooked parts of Trump economy are often republic economies doing well is the regulation cutback that happens under red administrations that I don't think most journalists understand what all those regulations due to you and your ability to start your business or run your band or understanding whatsoever. Right, that's a big deal anyway. So there's that, and I believe Elon will hyper charge that too with his whole government efficiency name.
Speaker 2: That's one of his main tasks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'll be fun to watch because he'll be very open and outspoken and definitely has a large platform obviously to talk about the difficulties of trying to reign in wasteful government. That could be huge, and this story got a tremendous amount of attention over the weekend and should.
Speaker 5: A federal investigation at FEMA after the agency fired a supervisor. FEMA Administrator Dan chris Well says the unnamed supervisor man a survivor assistance team and told her workers not to go to homes with the yard signs supporting President elect Donald Trump. Chris Well is not naming the supervisor nor saying when or where the incident happened, but Governor Ron Desanti says it was in Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in Florida.
Speaker 1: Somebody with FEMA was directing people if you see a Trump sign in the yard, don't help those people. Can you freaking believe it?
Speaker 2: It's insane?
Speaker 1: Hey, Trump haters, I guess it doesn't matter now he's a two term president and you know.
Speaker 2: And that's the maximum.
Speaker 1: But just keep doing things that hurt your side or hurt.
Speaker 2: What you want. What the hell is wrong with you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I remember coming across this story last week, and I probably should have brought it up, but I thought it has something to do with that Trump supporters are making anti FEMA statements and we want everybody to stay safe.
Speaker 2: So stay away from from any Trump sign houses.
Speaker 1: But it's just, well, he current just people who live in that particular ideological bubble who think, yes, that's something I will say out loud in front of other people and there will be no backlash.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, I was happy to see the FEMA directors horrified and vows to get to the bottom of it. So I'm going to talk about another concert later that I went to. The lead people in the Eagles are seventy seven and seventy eight years old, a youth rual rebellion, the rock and roll music.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: But as we've talked about before, and I don't know why this is, why can't you still sing and play exactly the same as when you were young until you're very old?
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 1: Joe Walshon and Don Henley, for instance, when they would walk around, they're shuffling around like Joe Biden and they talked, they well we started to banding. They sounded like old men, but when they sang and played, they sounded like it was nineteen seventy seven. They were seventy seven, but they sounded like there was nineteen seventy seven when they sang and play and was it legit or were they lip syncing like some sort of phony.
Speaker 2: No, no, it was legit. But I just popstars these days.
Speaker 1: I'm happy to see that that's true as a guy who plays some music, that you can do it well.
Speaker 2: But how come you can't walk or talk but you can sing and play it? Just it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Why when I'm add I hope I can play a slide guitar like Joe Walsh.
Speaker 2: I can't now, so that would be weird.
Speaker 1: But Wapo says, why were you hiding the President's brain?
Speaker 2: Stay tuned, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: A zoo in Scotland is trying to recreate a rivalry online with Thailand's Moo Dang by introducing Hagis, a newborn pygmy hippo. The only problem is Hagis is fugly as hell. Police in South Carolina are warning residents to stay indoors with doors and windows shut after forty monkeys escaped from a medical research facility. Even worse, they were researching extra strength viagra.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, like hippo joke too, because that's super cute hippo that everybody like this one's fugly?
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do America wants a hot hip. Ho Oh.
Speaker 1: So that San Francisco forty nine er who won the magat wore the MAGA hat and photo bombed in an interview after the game got fined a few thousand dollars. Anyway, I didn't realize yesterday he did the YMCA dance after a sack, and Trump has come out and praised him online.
Speaker 2: So the great Nick Bosa.
Speaker 1: He reacts to the fine with the YMCA. That's hilarious, I found out.
Speaker 2: Pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's all the politics all the time in the NFL, to the point that I didn't watch for like a season and a half. A guy throws on a MAGA hat and that's just that's outrageous.
Speaker 2: Please, they're damn helmets. Splat.
Speaker 1: They are displaying Black Lives Matter slogans, some of them some Marxist organization. Okay, they've kind of migrated away from the hardcore stuff. Now it's problem like it takes all of us. Oh okay, great, glad you got that on your helmet. Now I see the world in a completely different way. You've really persuaded me.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: The editorial board of the Washington Post writes a piece opinion piece trying to protect Biden. Democrats sacrifice their credibility. You don't say, yeah.
Speaker 2: Others did too. But we'll get to that.
Speaker 1: And they start with her report, which you might remember.
Speaker 2: So Robert Hurr.
Speaker 1: Did the investigation into whether or not Joe Biden should be charged with hanging on to classified documents rememory. He had him in his garage next to his corvette and all that sort of stuff, And he came out and said, I'm not gonna charge Biden because a jury could reasonably conclude that he's quote a sympathetic, well meaning.
Speaker 2: Elderly man with a poor memory.
Speaker 1: In other words, I can't charge the guy because his brain doesn't work so bad. The juria will just think, well, he couldn't do it. He couldn't do it on purpose because his brain does mark well well. Anyway, the Washington Post starts with that story because of the way Kamala Harris attacked her over that a guy.
Speaker 2: In the Justice Department working for Merrick.
Speaker 1: Garland, the sitting Vice president, attacked him and called the report gratuitous, inaccurate, and inappropriate. Kamala Harris went on to say the way that the president's demeanor in that report was characterized could not have been more wrong, and the Washington Post says, at that moment, Kamala Harris gave up all credibility because everybody could see with their own eyes that Biden was a even if you don't agree with sympathetic and will, meaning you certainly agree with elderly man with a poor memory who you know doesn't exactly always know what he's doing. And her has been repeatedly vindicated during the intervening nine months since that report came out. The interview transcripts when they came out, bolstered his conclusions. Of anything, the truth was worse than what mister her described. It is now acknowledged almost universally that mister Biden should not have sought a second term, but the Democratic establishment denied the obvious and propped him up politically, even as evidence of his decline mounted. Yeah, outside of the Washington Post, I might point out, hey, their editorial board.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah.
Speaker 1: Prominent Democratic politicians changed their tune only after a disastrous debate performance in June made it impossible to conceal Biden's frailty from the public any longer, forced him to confront the possibility of an electoral disaster of November. The credibility problems that Miss Harris's repeated defense of mister Biden's sharpness illustrated were part of the reasons for the democrats defeat, So they just flat lay at her and the Democratic Party's feet the decision to try to cover that up as a big portion of.
Speaker 2: The loss, which obviously it is. Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Democrats have tried to make fidelity to science, facts and truth their distinguishing characteristic as a party. The White House's aggressive cover up of mister Biden's decline undermined that claim. Yeah, i'd call horsecrap on that claim, But go on, I don't know how you can write that piece without acknowledging that maybe we should have We were feeling the same way, and maybe we should have written some articles like that to wit February ninth of this year, Washington Post Editorial Board, talking about her report and the kindly old man who can't remember yesterday. Yet, there is nothing new about mister Biden's memory lapses, malapropisms, and rambling, sometimes embroidered anecdotes. This has been an aspect of his political persona since he was a much younger man and it is plainly not improved with age a couple of quotes from Biden. Still, critics are right that mister Hurt did not need to lay it on quite so thick. Another among the other reasons that it was unfortunate is that it detracted from a part of the report that presented mister Biden in a favorable light, especially in contrast to his life November opponent, former President Trump, blah blah blah. Biden's just fine. He's always been like this. I'm summarizing it. And that's from a news story. No, that's from the editorial board. Oh, that's the editorial board themselves. Wow, because they wrote yesterday mister Biden's allies concocted terms such as chief fake, cheap fakes, his allies.
Speaker 2: You mean you, because it sounds like it was you.
Speaker 1: Mister Biden's allies concocted terms such as cheap fakes to dismiss embarrassing video clips in which mister Biden appeared dazed, confused, tired, and inaudible.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they do concede that voter concerns about mister Biden's agent mental acunity and are not only widespread, but also perfectly legitimate.
Speaker 2: I'll grant him that. But then he said, but.
Speaker 1: It's important to consider Biden in contrast to his opponent. If a guy is completely senile an unable to serve even another year of his term, which I was saying out loud for a long time, and now the entire world degrees, saying, well, the metal acuities legitimate, But you got to compare him to Trump. Okay, guys absolutely drooling, staring into space, munching on jello within a year. And you're saying, well, it's not leave to any conclusions. All right, Editorial board, all right, fine, different topic, but also Joe Biden. So the Washington Examiner is reporting fifty thousand Russian and North Korean troops have descended on the Kursk region and are likely to attack in the coming days.
Speaker 2: This is a pretty big story.
Speaker 1: Depending on how it turns out, and I think they're trying to do it in the waning days of the Biden administration. I'm still making my way through the Bob Woodward book Wars, which is a really interesting book, and like all of Bob Wardwart's books, gets such unfair treatment when they first come out with all the political shows trying to find a quote here and there and turn it into a he said, she said, as opposed to what it is.
Speaker 2: It's a TikTok recount.
Speaker 1: Of how the whole war in Ukraine came about, what we knew, what we didn't know, what decisions were being made by who when it's freaking fascinating, but people are only interested in the gossip.
Speaker 2: Part of it.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of what was that movie that the Little Dog dies of cancer and everybody's heart is broken, But it was pitched as a comedy Marley and they kept Marley and me. That's right with the one of the Wilson's and Jennifer Aniston, Right, Yeah, I like that. But the part I wanted to mention was the disagreement between Sullivan and Biden toward the beginning about whether or not we should bluff about having putting American troops in Ukraine. Joe Biden decided to take it off the table. He made a statement out loud maybe you remember this, maybe you don't, when he said there will not be US troops in Ukraine. Jake Sullivan hated that from the kind of tried and true foreign policy theory of you never take anything off the table. Why would you take anything off the table, which has been true for thousands of years. Yeah, Well, Joe Biden's argument was, and I think it makes sense, is if I don't take it off the table, then that's first of all, IM going to be asked about it constantly. That'll be the only thing to's asked about. And anything less than that will be seen as a retreat. And there's no way we're going to put troops in Ukraine. So anything less than that about anything we give Ukraine or will seem like it's half measures, and I think it'll do us more harm than good.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You can believe that or not believe that. I think it's a really interesting conversation. There are all kinds of think tanks. I mean, this was a huge deal behind the scenes of whether or not to tell putin, Hey you keep doing this and we'll put US troops there, or that's on the at least act like that's a possibility. Yeah, in isolation, I get that that's it's it's an opinion question, and I understand that that's legit. I could see people taking the other side of it. On the other hand, you're defying thousands of years of wisdom because you couldn't. I just don't agree that. Later saying no, we're not putting people in as somehow a retreat, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with that.
Speaker 1: And secondly, when you look at the broad mosaic of the Biden foreign policy, we're not going to.
Speaker 2: Do anything and don't don't.
Speaker 1: We're not going to escalate. Please don't escalate. Its every decision. Yeah, he's been way too tepid from the beginning to the end. And that's one thing it points out in the Woodward book when they talk to Trump. Woodward talks to Trump and Trump makes the point that when the Russians went in in twenty fourteen, while Obama's the president, Obama refused to give anything that could be used to fight a war, anything at all, And Trump said, Obama gave him blankets and pillows. I gave him the first actual weapons and his Woodward points out Trump was the first one to give Ukraine any weapons, including anti tank missiles or anything like that, where Obama was just about meals and blankets. Yeah, and Putin was expecting more of the same from the Biden administration.
Speaker 2: Meals, blankets and that sort of stuff, But they wouldn't have the guts to push back in any way.
Speaker 1: And those are some major decisions that don't get enough attention in terms of setting up the psychology for a guy like Putin, whether or not he was gonna be able to pull off an invasion or not. Barack Obama said freaking blankets and pillows as pushback to an invasion.
Speaker 2: Well, no, he would.
Speaker 1: He would get a reset button and go over there and talk to Putin and just persuade him with his suave, ivy league rhetoric.
Speaker 2: I have no idea do you where this is gonna land? With Trump?
Speaker 1: His whole I can end this in one day, which I assume is like, you know, build the wall.
Speaker 2: Mexico will pay for it.
Speaker 1: It's a it's meant to be hyperbole, but he does want to wrap up the war, and and he's made a lot of noises that he's not super into Ukraine. He doesn't care if Ukraine.
Speaker 2: Winds or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was tempted to go with yet another email from anti support from Ukraine folks, but A, we don't really have time, and B I'm just tired of the I think we're gonna I think this is going to play out soon before Trump even gets into office, though. I think we're gonna have a pretty good idea if Putin goes in like it looks like he might in the next couple of days with fifty thousand troops into Ukraine. Hard Trump's gonna make some noises about that. I don't We'll see. Yeah, the thea the Trump watching is so interesting because he has certain impulses, for instance, you know, resisting the temptation of what people call and it's a clear shane that has no meaning forever wars or endless wars or wars everywhere.
Speaker 2: You're warhawk, you're a neocon.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, to have somebody out negotiate him and out tough guy him is abhorrent to Trump. Yeah, So I don't know if that's how that dynamic plays out. I don't know if the best way to run foreign policy is whether or not your president gets butt hurt and it feels like you're punking him, but you know, whatever it takes.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as I was discussing with a close relative who will remain nameless, I would rather have a bully than a coward.
Speaker 2: In charge of foreign policy.
Speaker 1: This could be a major deal is putin gonna send North Korean troops into Ukraine. They're lined up on the border and NATO has drawn a line on that, so it could be quite a week and next hour the North Korean troops, how are they likely to behave found some really interesting perspective on that from North Korean military defectors. Awesome lots of stuff all the whites to hear. We've mentioned this already. We both know people who have had long term good friendships end over this election, Like your friend of decades who you're really close with, finds out you voted Trump and they just they can't even talk to you anymore. First of all, I'd like to know, are there any examples of it going the other direction.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard one.
Speaker 1: And judging by the statistics I've seen, it's much much much more rare going in the other direction. We just got this text. I just left a voicemail and I think I sounded awful. It's about my fear. Okay, I'll skip that. My fifty three year old son on election night, he began texting me cruel and vitriolic messages. He has literally removed me from his life. Says he will move out of the country and not tell me where he is, says I've betrayed him and his brother by my vote, and will not talk to fascists. He is typically mellow and manages his job in single life. The last text word to me was f off needless to say, my heart is broken.
Speaker 2: Wow. That is a disease.
Speaker 1: I was talking with a woman who said she cried for three days over her oldest best friend, saying I'm embarrassed by you, I'm ashamed of you, and I can't talk to you anymore.
Speaker 2: When found out that she voied Republican a guy that I talked to this weekend.
Speaker 1: His daughter lives out of state, she said, I will no longer come to see you.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to be associating with you.
Speaker 1: And then when she said her last text to him was goodbye, and then his first name not dad.
Speaker 2: Wow. You people are wow. Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: That is so unhealthy and so sad and so completely unnecessary.
Speaker 2: I would like to have some sort.
Speaker 1: Of mandatory national telecast where we discussed this and talk to those people. I would probably start with Haye. The nature politics is hyperbole. Most of this stuff is made up. I mean, it's wildly exaggerated when it's true. So apparently you've swallowed you You've believed some stuff that the people speaking didn't believe at all.
Speaker 2: They're trying to scare you into voting. Let's start there.
Speaker 1: Secondly, let's look at the voting trends of every single demographic in America except for college educated white women. And they all moved in that direction, every single one of them. They're always think about that. Yeah, got some emails on the topic, two anonymous rights against my better judgment. I decided to see what my college acquaintance has had to say about the election.
Speaker 2: On Instagram.
Speaker 1: We have one woman offering well wishes to anyone who's grieving, a man who posted merely a black square, and a woman with a link to all the nearby counseling centers and suicide hotlines.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, and.
Speaker 1: Another who shares that quote a heart is a heavy burden to carry. You know. I'm happy with the result, but if it had gone the other way, it would have changed my weekend one tiny bit, not the tiniest bit emotionally, not either my friendships or relationships with family or friends. It's because I'm well, I hate to brag, but sane it wasn't even across my mind really got this. Uh, we'll just say anonymous and San Jose funniest thing I've encountered since the election. My left wing San Jose was my Chinese dry cleaner said, why.
Speaker 2: Do you not vote for Trump?
Speaker 1: I can only understand about half of what she says, even after fifteen years. But I said I didn't vote for Trump. She gave me a high five. We've talked about how much inflation has affected her business and why she's had to charge me the new prices. It's the economy, stupid, right. People didn't vote in favor of fascism. They voted in favor of the border and the crime and the economy getting better.
Speaker 2: Giemoney, as I said this, John Wan, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Jonathan Turley said this right after the election, roughly ten minutes ago the end.
Speaker 1: The filibuster movement suddenly went silent in the morning. The rights of the minority will suddenly become the cause celeb of Washington. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, no doubt. I feel like I traveled over the weekend. I feel like I saw way more Maga Trump stuff than I usually do. I feel like people are feeling okay about being out and proud about it. I think Armstrong and Getty