Speaker 1: All right, Leonard skinnered simple man that can only mean one thing on this radio program. That is all things self proclaimed simple man. That means all things Bill O'Reilly, all things Bill O'Reilly at Bill O'Reilly dot com. Uh, mister O'Reilly was there on Saturday night at the White House correspondence dinner. How many of these dinners have you been to over the years, and why is it you you don't see the wisdom of my perfect record, which is having never gone to one.
Speaker 2: I've been to five of them. First one I took Donald Trump to. That started the all fracas.
Speaker 1: As a you're you're taking credit now for Donald Trump's political career.
Speaker 2: I love that. Well, I'm taking credit for having him sit there with me in front of Barack Obama. We then launched the Joo's monologue as absolutely because I took mister Trump to the dinner and take us.
Speaker 1: Back to that time. How did how did Trump respond in real time when you were there and Obama did that?
Speaker 2: He was like glass reaction, no facial reaction because he knew everybody was looking at him and all the cameras were on him, so he didn't want to show any emotion or anything. Like that. The way is and you know that the reason I go. My son wanted to go. He's a political science major and he wanted to see it. So of course I'm good data. So I hauled him in there and he wound up under the table licking the carpet.
Speaker 1: What did Bill O'Riley do in that moment, because Dana Wi said, Oh, I stood up the whole time. I wanted to take it all in. This was awesome, that's what he said.
Speaker 2: Well, I did the same thing as mister White, but I was in a very advantageous position at the back of the room. I had just come in and so I heard the gunshots and they were allowed. And then everybody hit the floor when the Secret Service stormed in. And that was only about thirty seconds after the gunshots. But from my vantage point, and I had a good one, you would have had to any shooter would have had to come down an escalator to get into the ballroom, and that were man top and bottom by Secret Service in US Marshall, so that would never happen. The guy had no chance to come close to President Trump.
Speaker 1: We say that, but a lot of innocent people in that room could have gotten hurt Bill, including yourself. And here's the problem I have, and you look at it.
Speaker 2: Trust me on this. I'm a seasoned reporter, as you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, by the way, ladies and gentlemen, Bill is a seasoned reporter, as we all know.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Here's my observation. Though I don't care if it's Butler, I don't care if it's from International. I don't care if it's Saturday night. There are three common fas in each example, and that is they're not sweeping, securing, and holding the entire area where a president is going to be. You know, for example, Trump International, that's an area known paparazzi around those golf holes, and paparazzi would hide in the bushes. They never swept the area Bill, and the president was playing golf there that day. I met with Steve Whitcoff. That morning, I went to breakfast. He was asking me to play that day. An hour and a half later, I get a phone call that there was a shooting. If you look at Butler, how does a guy get on a roof one hundred and thirty yards away from a president with a long rifle. If you look at this, the perimeter was far too close to the actual venue. We're not sweeping, we're not securing, we're not holding. The perimeter is not out far enough. And they didn't check everybody in that hotel to make sure they did not have a weapon. We are failing spectacularly. And it's the same thing every time. And there's only so many lives any one person or this country will have before a disaster strikes.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you your audience what.
Speaker 1: I just say it. Hannity's right, his analysis is dead on.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the guy checks into the hotel a day before the event, all right, and he's got a bag, and he's got his armaments in the bag, and he goes up to his room and he writes the stupid manifesto or whatever it is. Then he comes down the back stairway, not an elevator, and he gets into the lobby of the hotel where there are three thousand people checked into that hotel. There were two thousand visitors to the ballroom, three thousand in the hotel itself, as a lot of folks five thousand. Now, when I got in there, I would say that security was a little bit light in the sense that they were trying to usher people down into the ballroom quickly, and that was the flaw. But this guy could never have gotten to the ballroom and everybody should just understand that. Now I don't I'm not associating this with Butler or with.
Speaker 1: Okay, Bill put let's stand back though. What if it was twenty guys Bill rushing that ballroom, they might have gotten in the room. And if they would have gotten in the room, they would have been able to injure, hurt, kill a lot of people. Yeah, the perimeter was not far enough away. They did not sweep, secure and hold, and that it has to be a far greater distance than six sixty or seventy yards. It just does Well, they're not.
Speaker 2: Going to have big events anymore. And I'm hoping this ballroom which holds seventeen hundred and that's big enough for any presidential saying any president will want to have. I hope that goes through. There's no reason why I shouldn't go through. It's paid for by private funds. What are you doing here? This is again ridiculous politics that would protect all presidents. So that's what will be the solution to this problem. But anyway, the guy, what we're waiting for is who shot whom? That's not vitally important, but it's a piece of information I don't have. And the guy will never see the light of day again. He'll never be out of the penitentiary again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll tell that to John Hinckley, who's out free right now.
Speaker 2: Hinckley was a different cat than this guy, because Hinckley was really could barely speak. This guy writes out of manifesto, this guy wanted and if you read the manifesto all right, it takes exact sentences from the hate media exactly word for work.
Speaker 1: So well, it's the point that we've been making. I totally agree with you, but I think you're wrong in your analysis to assume right that this guy may one day not be set free.
Speaker 2: There's no way guy's ever going to be out. And what about his family's lives are ruined too, And he had to know if he's walking around at that hotel, say in the morning, he had to know is no way he's going to get through.
Speaker 1: Had to all right, quick break right back more with Bill O'Reilly all things O'Reilly at billoreilly dot com. And then your calls are coming up eight hundred and nine four one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program as we continue, all right, we continue all things self proclaimed simple man. That means all things Bill O'Reilly, all things Bill O'Reilly at billoreilly dot com. Let me move on. You've been critical of you know, I'm not sure what's supposed to be funny when you make quote jokes about a dead president and a widowed first lady, which is what Jimmy Kimmel did, And I want to get your take on this. You've had some pretty harsh commentary about it.
Speaker 3: It was a pretend roast. I said, our first lady, Malania is here. Look at her, so beautiful, missus Trump, you have a glow like an expectant widow, which obviously was a joke about their age difference and the look of joy we see on her face every time they're together. It was a very light roast joke about the fact that he's almost eighty and she's younger than I am.
Speaker 1: It was not, by any.
Speaker 3: Stretch of the definition, a call to assassination. And they know that I've been very vocal for many years speaking out against gun violence in particular, but I understand that the first lady had a stressful experience over the weekend, and probably every weekend is pretty stressful in that house.
Speaker 1: Right, it was a joke about a dead president and about a widowed first lad. I don't think that's a joke, Bill.
Speaker 2: I don't think that that even matters, because the record shows that Jimmy Kimmel is in business for one reason and one reason only. That is to hate the President of the United States. He is a hater. Now, if you had a conservative pundon host, all right, and he had a form every night where he was going after Barack Obama or Joe Biden or any Democrat in the vitriolic way that Kimmel is, Disney would fire that person in thirty seconds. Okay. That would never ever be permitted by anybody in the corporate media, all right, And I'm not using bad behavior to point to other bad behavior. I'm telling you this is the reality of the situation. Kimmel is a hater. Okay, That's what he does. That's what he's in business to do. Everybody knows it. Your Disney keeps him on the air when it would not keep others of a different political persuasion on the air. So you tell me no.
Speaker 1: Bill, I can tell you my entire life. There's been one effort after another effort after another effort. You know because you've seen it. You've witnessed it. You've watched it to silence me, to get me fired, to get me boycotted, to get me silenced. I've been through this for three plus decades, as have you, mister O'Reilly.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so because you and me are what they call primary sources of this kind of behavior, we understand it. And that's why.
Speaker 1: Well, to be honest, I would never say that about Joe Biden or Barack Obama. As a matter of fact, when Barack Obama was president, I often said, we have got to protect our president. We've got to protect elected officials. It has nothing to do with politics. We've got to have As a matter of fact, I've got a clip of it, mister O'Riley. Would you like me to prove it to you. Let me prove this to you. We have three incidents.
Speaker 4: We have the fence jumper made it much further into the White House, even past the stairs going up to the residents, which is scary. We have the second incident in twenty eleven, six shots fired, at the White House and took them four days to determine that. They thought it had nothing related to do with the White House, which I disagree with. And then a guy with a gun got on an elevator with the President of the United States. Isis our enemies are watching this.
Speaker 1: We got to protect our president. I mean, you're talking about protecting the president of the United States of America, and it's just there's no room for error. You've got to protect our president that represents the free world. So they've got a very difficult job. They've got to almost be perfect, and anytime any incident happens lately is becoming pretty high profile. And if we're not protecting our president, we're not protecting our leaders. We've got a big problem. The rest of the world is watching this.
Speaker 2: There is a minority in the progressive community, and Kim oll is part of that that wants President Trump to be dead. They'll never admit it in a million years, but if he were killed tomorrow, they're not going to be lamenting anything. Okay, you know it, and I know it. These are haters. I have a letter signed by Garon Gavin Newsom as San Francisco mayor demanding I be taken off the air. I'm going to put the letter in a column and all write on Sunday on Bill O'Reilly dot com. And now, of course all the Democrats are going, oh, what are you doing asking for Kimmel to be taken off the air. And when he did that, Maga Charlie Kirk thing I cut him some slack. Kimmel. I said that, nay, you know, everybody makes mistakes in this and that I was wrong to do that. Ian.
Speaker 1: Can you repeat this, ladies and gentlemen. In the fifty year history of Bill O'Reilly being on the air, we just made more history. Can you please repeat that that you were wrong.
Speaker 2: I was wrong to do that because his resume as a hater is so overwhelming, so overwhelming that I cut him slack when I shouldn't have.
Speaker 1: And Disney, you know, I'll tell you what I despise about him too. And I when when he announced that his son was struggling with a health issue and he was crying on TV. I think most I think almost any American with a heart or a conscience and a soul, they rallied to his side and wished him the best. They put politics aside, and I don't regret doing that myself. And this guy does not give an Adam schiff about the health of our president. And he knows what he's doing, he knows what he's saying. He feels omnipotent because he knows that ABC is scared to death of him. And unfortunately, he'll just keep doing it. He's not gonna stop. Bill O'Reilly all things O'Reilly at billoreilly dot com. Sir, we appreciate you being with us. Thank you, and have a great week. I know this is the highlight of your week. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Don't you wish you were with me on Saturday night?
Speaker 1: No, my record remains intact. In all the years I've been in media, I've never been to a single White House Correspondence at dinner and I will never shadow that record. Bill O'Reilly, appreciate you, ma'am. Thank you. Eight hundred and nine four one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program now, Linda, I don't know if you noticed what happens Saturday night, almost immediately after this incident took place in Washington at the White House Correspondence dinner. Well beyond the fact that I was talking to the president within two minutes of him arriving inside of the whole room, which was separate and apart. But it started to trend on X that this is staged. Now, where does this come from? This is why I tell people that when you are online, it is not a real world. It is a manufactured world. There are hundreds of millions of dollars being spent by outside entities to influence people on social media, especially young people, especially by the way it's been targeted towards pushing anti Semitism. But that's a separate issue for a separate day. But it was trending on X. That means a lot of people are buying the big lie, and then it gets pushed by people, quote in the media, people that should know better, people that do know better, people that don't care about the truth. And for example, here's Joy Reid and Rosi O'Donnell. Listen to what they say.
Speaker 5: And then you've got this weird thing where it seems like the press was like maneuvered into a position for him to take this iconic photo, and this iconic photo happened, and it's like the media is being like holdingto place to go if there's an.
Speaker 1: Active shooting, everyone should be on the ground.
Speaker 6: It's just weird.
Speaker 5: And we're not allowed to ask those questions. Back when I was in mainstream media, these are questions we were not allowed to ask. I was made it was made very clear, don't ask any questions, even though there're just odd things that keep happening around Trump. And we know that Victor Orbond allegedly, allegedly, according to Washington Post reporting, there was a plot by the Russians to stage an assassination fake assassination for Orbon. So all of this throws in together are like when something seems too perfect, people they don't believe in it. And Donald Trump now again gets victimized by an alleged would be assassin in front of the perfect witnesses, the press, who are literally the only people who can match Trump's energy when it comes to centering themselves. That's what we do in the press, right instead of you know, unless, of course, if it's a Palestinian journalists getting murdered in guds, and then they don't center themselves at all, but they're now part of the story.
Speaker 7: Good when you don't want to watch the news about fake assassination attempts, or what they're calling an assassination attempt. Somebody decided it shouldn't be a high security event with everyone in the cabinet there, and the president and the vice president and the first Lady and you know, congress people.
Speaker 1: Linda, I don't know how you feel about this. This is very disturbing. However, it is an opportunity to open people's eyes to exactly what I've been warning them about, and that is what you read online is often fake. It's often propaganda, it is often full of lies. It is not a real world. It's an artificial world. You know, you have, you know, different groups of people that are on it. You have the psychopaths that you know are naked or in their underwear and living in mommy and Daddy's basement, the anonymous keyboard war years out there. Then you've got the people, the influencers that are being paid by outside entities, likely through shell companies, and they're paid to push an agenda. That is another part of this. Then you just have crazy people that will push any lie, any conspiracy theory because they just enjoy it. They don't care about truth. So you know, none of this surprises me. But I hope people wake up to the fact that what they're reading online is often a lie.
Speaker 8: Well, I think yesterday we had we took a minute and we played Johnny Carson following the attempted assassination of President Reagan, and the difference was beyond palpable. It was so shocking when I saw that over the weekend, people putting up the difference between the reactions from our media, especially our late night media, versus what it was during Johnny Carson. And I have no idea if Johnny Carson was a Republican, a Democrat, or somewhere in between, but he was, you know, reverent to.
Speaker 1: Before just said I'm here to make people laugh. This is for kicks and giggles. Jay Leno said the same thing. Even Conor and O'Brien have said the same thing. And these late night comics that aren't funny, that are failing spectacularly, that have lost massive amounts of their audience, it is simply, you know, that people have simply left them because they're so political.
Speaker 8: What was funny, Sean was Colbert before he was a late night talk show host. When he pretended to be a late night talk show host on Comedy Central he was actually funny, then he was funnier.
Speaker 1: I mean, funny is a relative term, isn't it?
Speaker 8: I guess? But dang. I mean now it's just like vitriolic every night. And I think if we were being honest, and if they could be honest for ten whole seconds, if anybody ever dared to say that the Obamas or the Clinton's, or the Bidens or Kamala Harris or anybody that served in any cabinet, any administration, if they went through something like this on the left and we questioned it, they would have I mean, it would be national news coverage back to back walldwool about how disgusting and horrible we were to those people. And yet they're doing it and it's fine, it's accepted. Even look at how you know, the Charlie Kirk thing. They don't care the things that people wrote, they don't care. They don't care that he's got a widow, that he's got two small children. They don't care. I'm glad he's dead. He deserved it. Why did he deserve it because you didn't agree with him. It's a weird.
Speaker 1: Time, very odd assassination culture sadly is growing. Kip in Texas. God bless Texas. Kip. How are you glad you called.
Speaker 9: Sir oh Sean? Thank you very much for sake of Michael.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 9: Well, I'm frustrated. There's a lot of issues going on and Democrats seem to be getting away with.
Speaker 6: It and.
Speaker 9: New Some, I mean I can go on new Some, the rhetoric that's going on, the assassinations, everything, and no one seems to be getting uh in prison or arrested. I mean the Democratic Party in general, not so much. The people.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know why would you want to arrest news him? Is there one particular reason why? I mean, we know he's incompetent, we know he's a no show governor, we know he's a full time podcaster, author, world traveler, trump stalker, half Hannity stalker, and he's a horrible governor. But you know, beyond that, I mean, I think he's doing perfectly well.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I just think the things they say is warranted for some kind of backlash or some something.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to backlash. You know what, the people of California now will have an opportunity and if I had to guess the odds of Steve Hilton having an opportunity based on their little jungo primary system out there in California. I think maybe the top two vote getters will be Republicans, and if that happens, I believe that Steve Hilton's odds of being the next governor would be very high. I think that would be great for California. However, I would caution him as a friend that his ability to get a lot done will be mitigated by the fact that he's got a state Assembly and state lunatics that he will have to deal with, and getting anything past them is going to be pretty hard to do for sure.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I grew up in California. I moved to Texas in two thousand and six and now I'm a Texan. But California is just a shamble.
Speaker 1: It's finished. That's why people are leaving in droves. And they have this referendum coming up in November. Apparently they have enough votes for it according to what I read this, and that means that retroactively, if you lived in the state in January and you are successful and you have a billion dollar company, they're going to steal five percent of your money on top of all of the money you've already paid in tax. That's incredible, Yeah, pretty incredible. Anyway, my friend, appreciate you. Eight nine. Shawn is on number if you want to be a part of the program. All right, let's go to Dave. He is in the United Marxist utopia of Gaven Newsom's California. Dave, how are you glad you called?
Speaker 6: Sir? Thank you, Sean, just trying to keep a roof over my head. I tell you, Sean, I had to call because this hateful Rederick that's coming from the left, it's beyond the pale and what I've been hearing, it's downright hellacious. And there's got to be a limit to what these politicians and public figures can say about our president in public to this, you know, be smirched the man and try to kick the legs out from under him, and basically, you know, insight violence.
Speaker 1: Well, if they're inciting violence, that would go against the law. And they're a little bit more clever than that. But it is the never ending twenty four to seven wash rints repeat loop of hating Donald Trump, and they're addicted to it, and it really is a syndrome from derangement syndrome, and they wake up every morning they cannot help themselves. They're like drug addicts. They need a fix and they need something to hate him for. And if there's nothing to hate him for that day, they'll just make it up. And you know, honestly, what it's going to take is for Americans to wake up and realize this is not a party that has ideas. It's a party that has been extraordinarily radical, and it is a party that will do great damage to the country if they ever get in power, and people are going to have to make that decision. It's why two.
Speaker 6: You're the reason I became a Republican, and I just love your straightforward, no nonsense approach to all these topical issues. What I would love to see is these people like Hakeem Jeffries and check E s Humor and on down the line, Let's have them stand before a Senate panel and explain to the panel into the American public via Cspan why they think what they've been saying is okay. I'd love to hear it.
Speaker 1: Well, you're asking them to do something they'll never have to do, and I think I have a better plan, and that is win elections. You do not have power. You do not have control if you do not win elections. We're about to, you know, head into a midterm election cycle, and there's a lot that's going to happen. And we talked about this with Mark Alpern yesterday between now and election day, and I would argue the events that will define this mid term have not happened yet. We have to see how Iran plays out. We have to see how the economy recovers, gas prices recover. But I do think the President did lay the foundation for a very strong economy and if we have enough runway post Iran and Iran will come to an end. It's not going to be a forever war. I think we'll be in good shape anyway. I appreciate the call, my friend Dave in California. Not sure why you're still living out there, but we appreciate you. All right, quick break right back. More of your calls coming up. Eight hundred and nine four one, Shawn our number if you want to be a part of the program as we continue, let's get back to our busy phones. Eight hundred nine four one, Sean if you want to join us. Kevin and Marylyn next on the Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 10: Hi, Hi, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Thank you for calling.
Speaker 10: A quick question regarding Iran and its oil. What are your thoughts on possibly of Iran dumping their stored oil into the Gulf so they don't have to shut down their existing oil wells.
Speaker 1: Well, they obviously would be massive ramifications environmentally, and I'm not sure that any country in the region would tolerate it. I think at that point any remaining regime would probably there would be worldwide consensus to take it out, because now they're destroying the entire environment, the economy of so many different countries. It's a matter of how far they want to go. Now, with all that said, these are people that have no problems strapping bombs on their own children, promising them virgins in heaven if they kill innocent men, women and children. So I mean, I guess anything's possible, right, Yeah.
Speaker 10: Concern I mean, they're desperate, so I wouldn't shock me.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, nothing they would do would shock me. I mean that's the problem. You know. It's sad because you would think that Americans would join together wanting the best economy, the best national security. But these are people that want open borders. These are people that want sanctuary cities and states. These are people that would take your money and pay for taxpayer funded tex Change operations and free college tuition for illegals. These are the people that want fund the Department of Homeland Security. These are the people that would dismantle the defund and reimagine your police departments. These are people that want higher taxes, not lower taxes. So you know, I don't think the difference is the distinctions have been any greater than they are now anyway, Kevin Maryland, appreciate you man, God bless you. Eight hundred and nine four one Shawn is a number if you want to be a part of the program.