Speaker 1: Coming up on me Get Loud Podcasts, presented by Seat Geek, Jink Smooth.
Speaker 2: Oh, we got a little bit of everything. Started with defensive line and secondary for the commanders. Oh, most definitely loved those groups.
Speaker 1: Oh and those sea Beasts. I remember when you walked into a room you were a rookie.
Speaker 3: Yar, we gotta hear that story.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, I had the senders Dale, Green, Chimp Bailey, everybody got Yellow Jackie Pacimply.
Speaker 2: Plus college football Allier Alignment. And we go off on wrestling.
Speaker 4: Oh, I love wrestling, Coco be Ware, this is my dude, Jimmy Fly Snooker.
Speaker 3: I love them all.
Speaker 1: That's next, time to Get Loud podcasting. Welcome to the first ever Get Loud podcast Michael Jenkins, Fritz Smooth, brought to you by Seat Geek. And we're trying to describe what is gonna be about, and it was tom foolery, debauchery, bachery, Get loud.
Speaker 4: We're gonna were gonna say what we want to say, and we're gonna say it very loudly and very proudly. All right, Shenanigans a little bit of flashing it to make the drink good.
Speaker 1: So I gotta ask you.
Speaker 2: Of course we're talking about training. Can we talk about what you've been doing? You have to feel good about whenever you take a break. I notice I'll go online and look at the YouTube stuff that we do Command Center training camp, and the first thing everyone says.
Speaker 3: Is, we're smooth. We're smooth.
Speaker 1: Where smooth?
Speaker 3: Where you been?
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, I had to deal with the ex wife. So at the end of the day, I had to go.
Speaker 3: Take care of my bending. Plus I had actually lost my voice.
Speaker 4: I think the old of them getting jinks I'm developing a dairy like I don't respond to milk the way I used to, So I think I'm developing an allergy or something to milk. And I love milk like I'm wonder the people like I will drink it. Ninety degree driggers are like under a special umbrella.
Speaker 3: Yes we are, Yes, we are.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I'm stilling one of them or not, Like I think I'm getting let toolson tolerant.
Speaker 1: Okay, does it affect your voice or anything like?
Speaker 4: Yes, it did make my voice. It made it made my glance swell up and stuff like this. So I was like, you know what, I need to step away from the milk for a second. So now I'm drinking like one percent milk right now.
Speaker 2: You can't give it up completely, No, I can't give it up, but I'm addicted to it.
Speaker 1: So I'm glad you're backing everyone else's glide your back.
Speaker 2: When you talk about training camp, everyone's says the kids say the vibes. What are the vibes like when you walk out here, just when you feel the fans, when you see the cheam practice with the vibes like here.
Speaker 4: Energy energy, energy, energy, the rebirth. We've been a sleeping giant for so long, like the only thing. I ain't even focused on the players. I've only been focused on the crowd. I've been focused on the fans. I've been focused on the energy. I've been focused on the families. Like I've seen fans. But now I'm starting to see the young fans come back out like the.
Speaker 3: Three year olds.
Speaker 4: Some kids throwing past it out there. Yeah, that's what I'm talking That's how you build a fan base. It ain't about the fans you got now. It's about the fans of tomorrow and right now. And the one thing that when coach Gibbs was here. He was big on family. He was big on the fact that people came here with their sons, their fathers, that the daughters, and this is their part of their memory. Now we got that back. We got that back in Washington football at his finest. When I made it here, no one the fan base was pretty much alive. I'm alive and well. And I'm happy that John Allen, I'm happy that Tyry make Loan get to feel that because they deserve that. These guys go out there and play their ass off and they don't. And I love the fact that now they got a full fan base behind me.
Speaker 1: And I think it's almost come full circle too. You think about the new ownership group of Josh Harris is said he grew up with this keep he remembers Joe Gibbs. So it's like, now I'm going to bring it back to the way it was.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, nostalgia is everything.
Speaker 4: Like if you ever want to sell somebody something, you can sell them my old shoe if it got nostylegia hook to it.
Speaker 3: And that's what it's about, he remembers.
Speaker 4: And that's like the one thing we forget about sports is it's the ultimate reality show. It's the longest running reality show of all time. But it's one thing that brings everybody together. It brings down people together under one roof, under one caught against the team? Are you cheating for the team? It brings us together. And that's what we had lost for a couple of years here.
Speaker 2: So we know the fans are excited and it definitely is a new era. But when you watch practice, and I know a lot of times you guys will focus on different position groups, whatever it is, what's the one group getting the guys?
Speaker 1: What's one group? Right now that you've been a pressbury.
Speaker 4: You gotta talk about this d line like you know what I want to talk about the DB's I'm biased.
Speaker 3: I'm always about to cover specially thought to see.
Speaker 4: But guess what, them big boys, they just they look the part. They are the part. This is what we spent most of our draft capital at. Those guys are said in the tone, it's getting to the point sometimes we can't even watch practice because they are ruining it. They are ruining practice the defense. So I'm dominating. And I was just talking to Jack del Rio out there today, He's like he got the smirk.
Speaker 3: On his face.
Speaker 4: He can't smirk that he can get us anything that he wants to call. And like he said, you know, smooth like every training camp, the defense we started faster than him because our plays are are pretty much isolated plays and we can run and we can go play fast. Where they got to get that timing down. But he was like, at the end of the day, we are setting the tone. We are dominating, and I expect for them to dominate. And it ain't nothing like a defensive when he got his dogs and he got his people that he trusts, because football all about trust.
Speaker 3: You keep hearing that.
Speaker 2: Obviously these guys are good, but that definitely makes the secondary makes their job easy.
Speaker 4: How much is if I had a D line like this, I would have never backed up and I could have played with a been down on my eyes.
Speaker 3: I didn't need nothing. I could applied.
Speaker 4: I could have played blind with this defensive line because at the end.
Speaker 3: Of the day, we are tailored.
Speaker 4: My success is tailing to the defensive line. Like quarterbacks in NFL don't make mistakes. Uncomfortable quarterbacks make mistakes, right, well, my D line is gonna be the reason that they are uncomfortable. My d line gonna be the reason that they throwing out their back foot. Are they throwing at a tab bit too early? Then they supposed to do it. So at the end of the day, man, you were full of saint juice. They you're gonna make your money with this defensive line. And no, don't just talk about you know, everybody talk about pain, everybody talk about Hall. Don't forget about them too defensive. Listen to me, Chase Young will have his best year as a produce. I'm gonna go out that contract years, some of our contract years to do it.
Speaker 3: For now I know it.
Speaker 4: Like, if you ever want to see the best of friend smooth, put me in a contract year, Jinx what you do, put me in.
Speaker 3: A contract Yeah, you can get the best out of me.
Speaker 4: And Sweat is another guy that he's been right there, like right there at fifteen secs right there because he's touching the quarterback. And every chance I think this is the year that he turns into the Montes Sweat. We know he can be.
Speaker 1: It is to get podcast red s Michael Jenkins presented by a seat geek. So it took what I'm looking at the clock here, it took about five six minutes to get to Emanuel Forbes. But listen, performance is performance. It's not just you. Everyone's saying this guy looks like the real deal.
Speaker 4: I told you he was the real deal. Listen, I'm not a shoe salesman. I'm not at Bundy, but but I can tell football tally like I'm not biased. I was never biased for him going to Missippi State with breaking my rep because with him doing all the stuff.
Speaker 3: He's doing, I was looking at the player.
Speaker 4: I legitly said, I think he's the best cornerback in college football.
Speaker 3: And his interceptions, if you go back and study.
Speaker 4: Him, they are not what I call in the play interceptions mean you may the right decision, you backpedal the right, you did everything you need to do, you got the interception. He studies for these interceptions, like the interception in Kentucky against Will Levies on the screenplay, Like that's because he studied, he believed what he studied, and he put it on film like this's the thing that he does. And he's silky smooth and he's light as a feather. I tell people all the time, it's harder. Go outside. Right now, grab a rock and grab a berry feather. Try to throw both of them. See which one of you throw? The father right the feather you cannot throw, and he is that feather. I hit one hundred and seventy five pounds and guess what talking to Damn Green.
Speaker 3: Damn Green got here.
Speaker 4: He was one hundred and seventy four pounds. My first way in I was one seventy five. We really one seventy five. I'm gonna tell you something too, Jinx. I don't tell many people this. I went in the weight room and I tried to put like five pound weights in my uh like in my shorts, and Redman my training at the time, he was like, boy, you wanna take this.
Speaker 3: Story of that.
Speaker 4: Hey, I was one hundred and seventy five pounds and he told me, then, it ain't about your weight, about your game. And I tell you that. I told Manuel four this. If they can't hate on your game, they'll hate on your frame. So at the end of the day, just go out there and ball out. And that's what he does. That's what he does.
Speaker 2: So what was your welcome to the NFL moment in training camp? Because for as the rookie, you were there one time and this is that time of year when you learned real quick the difference between college NFL.
Speaker 3: Oh you real well?
Speaker 4: My thing was I held out for like three four days for extra money like this.
Speaker 3: That's how irrogant of a rookie I was.
Speaker 4: And then when I got to training camp in colli Oude, Pennsylvania, Marty Seanhaemer was my coach, and Marty was like, you know.
Speaker 3: What we already know.
Speaker 4: He couls cover my first day of practice and he was like, put him at middle linebacker.
Speaker 3: I'm like what what?
Speaker 4: He like, Yes, we're finna do gold line and put him at middle linebacker and let's see can he tackle? And Donee Bennett is the full back and Stephen Davis is the tail back.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. I get in the huddle. Bruce Smith look at me and.
Speaker 4: Say, you know what, boy, don't wait on them, go die in that hole, meaning.
Speaker 3: Go a hell be the aggressor go diwn here.
Speaker 4: For four five plays, I just rammed in there like I don't know what happened. All I know I got destroyed in there, destroyed in there, but I kept getting back up, and I think that's what he wanted to see. He took me down through that and then not only after that, after that hard practice that I had, I started to walk back to me to the dorm room where we were staying in, and as I walked through, I was like I started to see shoes on the ground and pillows on the ground, Like.
Speaker 3: I got shoes, look just like that. I got a shirt, looked like that.
Speaker 4: I get in my room. They venceed and through all of my stuff after wonder, all of my clothes, all of my shoes, my TV, everything is just laying on the grain. So I started getting haze like very quickly. They was really at me. I had fun though, and I knew they like, like Coach shot Iven told me, they only do it because they like you.
Speaker 1: Right now, that's true. That's a of almost like your part of team.
Speaker 4: You like you, you rookie, you starting, Yeah, they gonna give you a little heat.
Speaker 1: So when you talk about just running hitting the hole like that, you know you're gonna get killed. Oh yeah, I'm gonna kids, So how much of that?
Speaker 3: It's just like I got to under respect I.
Speaker 1: Got right now, Well.
Speaker 3: He's gonna think about it.
Speaker 4: I think this is what we realized very quickly coming from college is these are grown men and what I did was I realized, like, like it takes like three or four weeks for you to wipe the starscruck out off of you, Like I would just sit and watch they are green, Like I was just amazed that I'm on the team with Dale Green and Bruce Smith, Like it took three four weeks for me to wipe that off.
Speaker 3: And I was like, you know what, I gotta go earn these guys respect.
Speaker 4: I got to go show them that Fred smooth and play football and now I only play football. I got to show them that I could play on the level. And I would just remember. I sit down and I talked to Davis's Green and I was like, Daryl, how do you keep a job for twenty years?
Speaker 3: Everybody's going after yours? Yes, And he said, you know what's smooth? He was like, what's my backup name? I was like, I don't know your backup name, like cause I never let him play and it's simple.
Speaker 4: Like when he told me that, I was like, I'm not gonna miss any games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's how I always was.
Speaker 4: I never missed a game in high school. I never missed a game in college. I didn't miss my first pro game until like my sixth year in the league, Like I just never missed games. Like the best ability is availability. Can't you be there for me? And Darrel Green told me that in one statement, He's like, you don't know my backup name, and you'll never know my backup name.
Speaker 5: Oh God, I love that. That's why he's a Hall of Famer right now. That's why he's there Green, Like at the end of the day. And I've been I'm a sponge, I'm a leech. I like to I like to soak up just knowledge from people. So and that's so usually talk to you if you if you sit down and talk to me. And most rookies ain't as talkative as I am.
Speaker 4: I came in. I'm talkative. I asked questions. I don't really care. And you gotta realize my first dB room, I walked out of it when I walked in there. When I first walked in my dB room, I had dal Green, Dion Sander's champ Bailey. There's a three yellow jackets, God, three yellow jackets intimidated.
Speaker 3: You had to be Oh, Mark carried your sam shake, I'm carry it. You love them. I walked out.
Speaker 4: I walked in there and I walked back out of there and I asked Mary Shane, why did you draft me? He was like, son, go go in that room. We drafted you for a reason. All right, go in there.
Speaker 3: Learn everything you can learn. You you the future.
Speaker 4: But it was just so it wasn't intimidating, timid, but it was like it was it showed me what the league is about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So when did you feel like, all right, now I met it. Maybe it wasn't your rookie season, but when was it when you felt like, okay, I belong here.
Speaker 4: I felt in preseason immediately, usually immediately I felt like I belonged through practice. Checking my grisp, Rod Gardner. I had already dominated him in college, so I wasn't worried about him. My first preseason game was Kansas City. Martin Marty was my coach Kansas City, and they tried to throw three fade routes in a row on me in the goal line with Snoop Minice, which was another rookie at that time. I broke up all three of them. Then I knew, I said, you know what, I not only belong I could dominate it. I could dominate it time.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite story from your rookie season.
Speaker 1: Could be someone else, it could be you where you just look.
Speaker 3: Back and think, I can't believe that happened my rookie season.
Speaker 4: Well, probably my first game, okay, my first game of the year, my rookie year San Diego. We went played the Chargers Doug Flutie. I remember being in this game and watching the game because when I'm not on the field, I still like, really pay attention to the game, and Junior say, oh God, bless you NATed. Listen to me. I thought it was three of him out there, like every player. All I heard was juniors say I on attack of Junior say, I'm like, I said, how many?
Speaker 3: How many of them?
Speaker 1: Is? It?
Speaker 4: Like? Dominated the game? And I went out there and have a very imprinsive game. I got my first interception, I got a fund of recovery, I had like eight tagers I was I got like defensive player of the week. So that was the game that just did it for me. I was stockscruck, but at the same time out there held in my business. But it was like surreal to me. It was from the national anthem to everything, and I never forget playing on that dirt field listen the old y'all, listen to me. The worst field in football I had, Like, I was like, this cannot be pro football. I had just left their sec you know.
Speaker 1: It's the worst of like the vet.
Speaker 3: It was worse than the vet.
Speaker 4: The only thing that made the vet worse it had a jail house at the bottom up.
Speaker 3: That's the only thing that made the vent work.
Speaker 4: But really like a real jau like yo. Philly fans looked at that as a badge of curve pride in the fact that I spent the weekend in jail. All right, look Mike Rookie him at of fact, we had a game got stopped on Monday night because there was a fight in the stands at the bit and they took everybody to jail downstairs.
Speaker 2: Weren't there players. I remember hearing about this that you couldn't take your families. No, you just couldn't do.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget, like at the end of the day, note that we was told early do not bring your family to Philadelphy is just not safe.
Speaker 3: And I'm thinking in my head, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: Until I played there and then I understand And these are the same people that boot Santa Claus and beat up the Easter Bunny.
Speaker 3: So we know that these people do not care about people. They don't care.
Speaker 1: We have some breaking news that you Commanders fans are going to want to hear.
Speaker 3: It is official.
Speaker 2: Seat Geek is now the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. That's right, the deal, those final lives, and Seat Geek is the newest member of the Commander's family. If you haven't heard the name yet, get used to it, because you'll be hearing it a lot more this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets to Commander's games or to any other event in the DMV.
Speaker 1: Seat Geek is the place to do it. Seat Geek the new official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. So Commanders fans, Ken fan, all right, I want to go back to your rookie season and we have some other stuff to talk about here. It is the Get Loud podcast Fronts Move Michael Jacobs Get Loud, brought to you by Seat Geek. So you actually, I cannot believe this. You actually roomed, yeah, your rookie season with your former high school and college team.
Speaker 4: Yes, I did, Yes, I did. The funny thing about it, my college. I mean my high school. We got four of us made it to the NFL.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's crazy right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, three of us played for the same team, Mississippi State.
Speaker 3: We went to the same college.
Speaker 4: Jamal Dinkins which was my tailback, fullback and linebacker in high school. He played linebacker in Missisippi State. He also came here as a free agent college free agent and I got drafted.
Speaker 3: Here and we was roommates from the time gets hold. The familiarity was.
Speaker 4: There and just to go this long voyage together, I think meant everything to us and it's a part of who we are.
Speaker 3: And you got realized.
Speaker 4: School team had Tommy Kelly, which was the detailer for the Oakland Raiders and the New England Patriots.
Speaker 3: He was on my team.
Speaker 4: So we had like we was packed with talent. You'll never forget that. When we checked in ninth grade, I was ninety pounds.
Speaker 3: Jamal Deacons was two hundred and twenty in ninth grade. Ninth grade, he la a Scotson.
Speaker 4: I looked at him and said, if this is what football fen to be, I'm going to be a doctor.
Speaker 3: This is the way it's gonna go. Doctor, Like they're going to make sure.
Speaker 4: That I have a pen in my hand. Like he was just the biggest human being I had ever seen.
Speaker 3: In my life.
Speaker 1: If you're a doctor, what kind of doctor would you be? Ah, I don't know. I feel like doctor phil Oprah.
Speaker 4: You know what, more of a more of a psychologist, Oh, not a physical doctor. Like I don't do well with smells and I don't do well with blood. Yeah, you would think a football player be good. You would think for blood, I see my smell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't. I don't do them well. But I am mental. I love to like. I went to school for psychology.
Speaker 4: I got a minor in psycholo that yeah, broadcast communication is my major psychology. So I learned people and learned how to talk trash to them. That was my plan when I made it to college. But at the end of the day, I like to like get in the psyche of people, See what people are thinking, See where you were at mentally, see what I can learn from you and what you can learn from me. This is what I would have been. I would have been more of a shrink. I would have been doctor feel good. Yeah, doctor feel good, doctor feel good.
Speaker 3: Jenkins.
Speaker 1: Do you think that helped you in the pros seriously, because you know how much of the game, of any game is mental.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you study psychology or being someone who was interested in the mental part of just life.
Speaker 4: That that help you in someone in football? Yeah, help me be professor x I listen. It helped me not ever get too high on myself. Okay, never ever get too low on myself. And you see it now with players. A lot of players go through what they call you know, go through their mental ups and downs, and they need these wells. Like I was prepared for this. I was prepared for the harshness of the NFL. I was prepared for the good part of the NFL. But the one thing I can say that just studying psychology did for me, it helped me learn that it takes a lot of energy to be somebody else.
Speaker 3: It takes no energy to be your self.
Speaker 4: Oh I love that alright, sole the lessons right now, because I'm a shrink, I should be charging you by the house right now.
Speaker 3: But it showed me just don't ever.
Speaker 4: Get too far ahead of yourself living and now Enjoydan. Now the pass is in stone, but the future is clay. It can be molded.
Speaker 2: I love that all right, So let's talk about molding your future. And if you're a young guy, you're trying to make it to the NFL, you've been there.
Speaker 1: How much easier or is it easier? When people say, oh, if you're in the SEC, if you're in the Big ten, it's easier to make the transition. Then if you're in the AAC, is that overstated?
Speaker 3: Is that true? No, that's true.
Speaker 4: The SEC is the minor league of them.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm sorry, Like, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Tell you how actually when we come from the SEC, when we play in stadiums in the NFL, it's a downgrade.
Speaker 3: I stadiums. I've heard that.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you think of pure attention the truth I've.
Speaker 4: Been say, like, the stadiums are huge, they are upscale. You're talking about going to Alabama with ninety five thousand, You talking about Death Valley with one.
Speaker 3: Hundred thousand people. Tell you're talking Georgia, You're talking Florida. Like, these are not environments that you just walk in. You gotta realize LSU.
Speaker 4: The reason that we play mostly night games at LSU because it's too hot during the day. Just why they usually play the games at night and you go in there, it's just to smell the stench of nothing but crawfish, cigars and beer. I'm talking about. It's different. Like then, not only do they do this, they put the tiger in a cage right next to your locker room.
Speaker 3: So when you walk out the locker room and say, lo.
Speaker 4: They do that on purpose, youre right there trying to intimidate you.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, only in the SEC where you get this right here? So I think the one thing the environments are very loud.
Speaker 4: I've played in places like Alabama where it got so loud I could feel the ground shaken beneath my feet.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Every play I can feel the ground like I was, like, the Richter scale is off the medal right now. So the environment plus the athletes. Like the athletes, you can talk about all the guys that made it. I think when you talk about this SEC, you gotta talk about the guys that didn't make it.
Speaker 3: It's so many, it's a lot. It's just so many guys.
Speaker 4: And in beginning Sunday, somebody can have your number. And I think we know each other so much because.
Speaker 3: We went to camps.
Speaker 4: We've all touched bases, and cross paths at certain points in our life. So when we do, when I do meet the dunte Stylesworths of the world, like we've already been there and we already got these grudge matches against each other.
Speaker 2: I've heard this before and I don't know if this is true, but you can clarify for me that pro athletes, when they get together and talk, they'll talk some pros.
Speaker 3: But if they play the other college, they talk about college. We love college, Okay. College is pros. Is playing for yourself. It's a job. You're an independent country.
Speaker 1: Yeh.
Speaker 4: College, you're playing for a campus. You're playing for history. You're planning to be a part of history. Everybody. Now we divide each other about what college you're going to do, Like college is everything.
Speaker 3: That's your family, that's your future family.
Speaker 4: Like now, when I sit out there and I talk to Montagne sweat and I talk to Manuel for we bulldog. We an't in college and we call each other bulldog. So it's a brotherhood that's forever.
Speaker 3: And we got other.
Speaker 4: People joining that family every year, from the student body to new athletes every year. So that's why when we say we sec that's what we say at games we are to SEC. We mean that it's us against everybody else and welcome, welcome a longhand let's go back where let's welcome, Welcome back home. That's what I gotta say. Yeah, we come back home where y'all belong. Oh man, it's gonna be great. How do you feel about the future of Texas in the SEC.
Speaker 2: Here's what I feel like. I feel like that we're gonna be all right because we got the money. Yeah, but also I am very aware of the fact.
Speaker 3: That the SEC is the SEC.
Speaker 2: Texas has struggled for ten years in the Big twelve, so I think this is the year. But everybody's been saying that for the last decade. We're gonna be all right. We're prepared for it. I think in the right way. I like suck, but I know what's coming.
Speaker 4: Well, you got you got, you got queen and yours the quarterback then yeah, I think he'll be your first round pick.
Speaker 3: You got arch Man in, you got arch Man. Come on, man, you gotta be feeling good. I feel arch Man and the.
Speaker 2: Fact that he wanted to go to Texas is huge and he didn't take a diamond. People say, oh, sure, he doesn't have to his family's multi millionaire again and again and again.
Speaker 4: The jenaity in their family is ritten right, right, if you a man and you are, he's fine.
Speaker 3: But I'm not just saying.
Speaker 4: The one thing I think y'all will not have a problem with is recruit y'all just won't have them just being in Texas now, I think Oklahoma is gonna be for open for a wild hope.
Speaker 3: You're right, rude away, You're right. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be hard for them to recruit and keep up recruiting because one thing they don't recruit well now is defense.
Speaker 3: Like they've never been a defensive team. That's right. If they're a awful and if you don't play defense in the SEC, you don't win. So what's gonna happen now?
Speaker 2: Because as we're recording this and what a couple of days ago, Washington and Oregon are going to the Big Ten. I can't wait until Washington has to go to Rutgers or whatever it's gonna be. We're headed, I mean, we're steaming towards like the super Conference in.
Speaker 3: College for we are three three, Like exactly now, whatnails? Who is the Dead Conference? Is it? The PAC twelve, PAC twelve, is it the Big twelve? It's the Pack Twelve's done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say the PAC twelve is done, and I think it's all about TV deals now, it's all about TV deals. I think the PAC. This is what I heard from from the PAC twelve. They got to offer from Apple to streaming service. Yeah, for like ten dollars. It was the worst deal of all time, Like nobody wants to see.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: What I can say about the Big ten is now the Big ten is finna try to fight with the SEC By being by coastal Gonna, They're gonna actually be able to start a game at twelve o'clock am noon on the East coast and still have a ten o'clock game on the West coast.
Speaker 3: So they will play all day long.
Speaker 4: While we are in the Southeastern Conference, we will only be playing till like eight o'clock, nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: What's gonna be fascinated too, is when they eventually expand the playoff.
Speaker 2: Is it gonna be Are they gonna give a little credit to the ACC or is it gonna be Big ten SEC?
Speaker 1: Because you know the eight those teams are trying to leave too. No, No, they're trying to leave right now.
Speaker 4: The ACC is that comforts that just just dare They just dare at the prum. Nobody's dancing at them, but they there at the prom like we don't know what then CEC I mean, ACC is gonna be And that's why my big question for the SEC is who are you gonna steal? Do you want Florida State and Clemson? Do you want North Carolina and Georgia Tech, Because you you might want Georgia Tech as a tech school into your conference GPAs up different blend the ball. Plus you want to be able to give Georgia some recruiting competition in Georgia because now Georgia is the only SEC school in Georgia.
Speaker 3: If you put Georgia Tech.
Speaker 4: And they're not too like everybody else, so everybody else, Mississtate, Old, Miss Alabama, Auburn, all of it. Florida Also if they put Florida State in, I have Florida and Florida State.
Speaker 1: So we're e side about the NFL. Weorkside about college football. When we're not watching those what are you watching?
Speaker 4: I'm watching everything. Listen about Righteous Gymstone is one of my favorite.
Speaker 3: I have not seen it.
Speaker 4: Listen, it's hilarious, Like I love the last My dad is a preacher also, so.
Speaker 3: I get the mega church thing.
Speaker 1: You looking at me like, I was like, sometimes you look at me and you go jinks.
Speaker 3: I'm a sinner. I am.
Speaker 4: Listen at the end of the day, my daddy is a preacher. I'm a preacher's kid. I'm a PK. That's what they call us pre ks. I'm good with that. I understand. The Good Book.
Speaker 3: Righteous Gymstone is one of my favorites.
Speaker 4: I love it. What else I got going on? I did watch the new Transformer movie.
Speaker 1: I was like, it was all right.
Speaker 4: I liked it because you know what, we got nostylegic from the old day. We watched the cartoons, so I got to watch the Beast Wars and stuff like that. So to see that brought the light. I thought it was good. I ain't think you got a lot of love like it should have got. But Guards of the Galaxy three is one of my favorite Marvel moves out.
Speaker 3: I'm a big Marvel guy. I love Marvel.
Speaker 1: Did you see the I feel like this would be up your alley, like the documentary on the American Gladiators.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was great, listen. I didn't know by watching it high injured they got all.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize too that early on there was no padding. We were talking about bass teams like that, that it was just concrete. Yes, they had those games early, no idea what they were doing.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know what type of games they was prying.
Speaker 4: That what I'm saying like it was one of those shows based off appearance, because you need to be buffed female I male. You need to look like throw her to be on it. But then it was also testing your athletic priority. Usually the guys that goes gym they're not great athletes. They're great weightlifters, but they're not great athletes. They can't run around with all the new and stuff like that. But I did watch it. I thought it was It brought an insight that we haven't had into it.
Speaker 3: So I wouldn't have guy.
Speaker 4: I would have taken American gladiators over wrestling. Once I found out wrestling was fake, it broke my heart.
Speaker 1: I used to think I swear to God because do you remember the van Erks. I don't know if you remember the varn I'm a big.
Speaker 3: Coco b ware.
Speaker 4: I'm Okay, so you know they're coming out with the Van Eric movie in December called The Iron Claw, and Zach Efron is gonna play Kevin van Erk.
Speaker 3: Oh he is?
Speaker 1: He?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 2: He?
Speaker 3: Can't he get buff enough.
Speaker 1: To do that.
Speaker 2: I've seen the picks like he looks pretty big. So I love the Von. I did a story with Kevin Is twenty years ago. I spent two days on his ranch with him. So I love wrestling.
Speaker 1: But the reason why I mentioned that is their primary rival was Rick flet and I hate.
Speaker 4: Nobody hates Rick Flen. Listen, I was a British bull dog. Okay, I love the Ultimate Warrior. I love Coco be well, listen, I love them all. Like wrestling just had this nostalgia to it in the nineties, different than like now, I cannot I will not watch it now. But yeah, back then, I thought the characters the million Dollar Man like. The characters were just so in depth in what they did and they and they they, they showed the character. They play your card and that's what I love.
Speaker 2: What got me was and the reason why I could never accept that it wasn't real was the blood because I didn't realize, you know, they put the razor, you know, taping on the inside and then scraped their head like that and they're bleeding.
Speaker 1: I'm like, he's bleeding. How can that be fake? He's bleeding, you know. So if I see Rick Clair bleeding going no, you know, see it on his knees and then he pulled something on you, I was like, that's real.
Speaker 3: Oh no, listen if Andre the Giant body slam you.
Speaker 4: This reason now, well we got lost in the Shepherd was the fact that they're protecting each other. Like so then I started to say, nah, look at it more as a sport because they do have to protect each other.
Speaker 3: And they are athletes, and they are athlete.
Speaker 4: Now I'm not gonna take that away from him, but they also is scripted. Yes, so Hogan having that championship for thirty three years with scripted, that's what it was.
Speaker 1: And also, you know he would never beat the Giant.
Speaker 3: You know what Macho Man ran to Savage.
Speaker 4: I did watch I did watch it, I think on Netflix where they broke it down and who Holgan.
Speaker 3: Macho Man came to my room and he could never turn it out.
Speaker 4: So he would like, oh like he couldn't hol what you doing?
Speaker 3: Like he could not turn off the character. Is that right? Hold?
Speaker 4: Like he wasan of my best friends, but he just could ever turn it out, Like he could not turn off the macho man, ran his savage for it up.
Speaker 1: When I was in college, the best class I ever took.
Speaker 3: There was a class called History.
Speaker 2: Of Pro Wrestling, and our instructor was Terry Todd, who taught Mark Henry or Mark Henry, I do so all and this was there were a ton of football players in this class, and we would watch. He would say, all right, today's assigmon is we're gonna watch WrestleMania and we're gonna have a test at the end of the week.
Speaker 3: And it was. It was amazing.
Speaker 2: And so I sit there and watch WrestleMania and the questions were who body slammed Andre Hulk Hogan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's that class.
Speaker 3: Hulk Hogan is the only person to body slam on Dreden.
Speaker 2: And I think he told a story where after like he could feel the past.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, come on, you haveing four hundred pounds.
Speaker 1: Oh he was like six, come on, man, like he wants six.
Speaker 3: He was huge. Imagine practicing that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they couldn't have they couldn't like I'm saying, like hook had to be, Like, I don't know if I'm gonna pull this off, and if I don't, I'm just gonna bet at Billy Suplex and my mom.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do something to change the game. Right now, you're changing the game.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's great to be with you on this podcast. Give me one thing before we wrap things up. They're looking forward to coming up the training camp.
Speaker 4: Well, all I'm looking for right now is Sam Howe's progress.
Speaker 3: This all thing about.
Speaker 4: And I don't care about the defense being in front of the offense at this point in time because we always in front of them at this point in time. Like, I want to see his maturation. I want to see him get better each in there every day. The more and more I study him.
Speaker 3: The more and more he reminds me of Tony Romo. Tony Romo with.
Speaker 4: The conta athlete that most people gave him credit for, very elusive in the pocket, can make every throw.
Speaker 3: Sam Howe has the.
Speaker 4: Same body type, he has the same arm strength, and he has the same athletic ability. So if you're telling me he Tony Romo, I think we got a chance to win.
Speaker 1: He take that every other week cowboys aside talent.
Speaker 3: Why you take the other listen? I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't get mad at who used to be married with. But at the end of the day, that's who I look at him and I have went head to head with Tony a million times.
Speaker 3: I got plenty of respect for him.
Speaker 1: That's Fred Smooth. I'm Michael Jenkins. It is the Get Loud podcast for everybody set. We're gonna see you guys next week.
Speaker 3: Get Loud.
Speaker 1: This week, have a brand new episode of the command Center podcast.
Speaker 3: I know you always checked about that.
Speaker 4: I got Logan Posting aka Thor my guy, Santana Moss aka the Black Panther.
Speaker 3: We enjoy it all.
Speaker 1: Also, our flagship show, Commandsider comes to with another episode and live from trent An Camp on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: And you gotta love Did I see their fans?
Speaker 1: It's this week. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.