Speaker 1: Jolling us.
Speaker 2: It's an exciting day for the pod, extremely exciting, Joe.
Speaker 3: We had a very interesting ride here. It was really special.
Speaker 2: We partnered up with our friends at Hyundai for Hope on Wheels, which is an amazing initiative they've had going since nineteen ninety eight, over three hundred hundred million dollars to support individuals living with pediatric cancer. It's and their families, the doctors, the researchers. A portion of every appurchase.
Speaker 3: Of a Hundai has gone to this initiative.
Speaker 2: And you know, I think for us as fathers, these kind of partnerships are are key, you know, ways in which we can really show some love to families, to individuals going through these tough moments in their lives. And we actually have three incredible warriors here.
Speaker 3: Today at the Piper Bell. Yeah, Eliza and Eliza's here front row. Welcome. Thank you so much, thanks for joining us. Thank you so much. We're so happy. And I believe we met Belle. We met Bell before.
Speaker 1: So my mom hosted you all at saddle Back Eastern Church service back in like two thousand and nine.
Speaker 3: I was one years old, you're one years old when we met. What did you remember most from that experience.
Speaker 1: It was at the Angel Stadium and my mom hosted you all and then you guys saying it's a bitsy spider to me, which is absolutely crazy. So it is a full circle moment.
Speaker 3: To be here today. Wow.
Speaker 2: We let you know what, I think, that's the only time we've ever sung that spider.
Speaker 3: That's all we got. We have to pay for the song now to use it on the podcast. No we uh, that's probably the first time we've ever performed that song. Yeah, well, I love it. We're honored that you're here.
Speaker 4: To everyone here, all the warriors, thank you so much for spending your day with us, and we have a very.
Speaker 3: Special show for you today. Camp Rock is out.
Speaker 4: We are so excited to be introducing you to the new cast, the Camp Rock three.
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh no, this is dangerous. My soundboard is soundboard is camp camp Rockified. But let's back it all the way up real quick. Before we get right into Camp Rock three, let's go to where the journey began with Disney as a whole for us connector but more.
Speaker 3: Specifically with Camp Rock.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Okay, So to really paint the picture, we have to go all the way back to the year two thousand and six. We had just moved from New York, New Jersey area to Los Angeles and one of our big first meetings was right here in this town that we're in right now, in Burbank, at the Disney Channel building. And they would basically give us these scripts for fake shows that just had funny bits for us to do. And Kevin, you actually found, yeah, one of our og auditions for the Disney Channel, and for whatever reason, because the audition was not very good, Nope, they saw enough promise in us that they kind of kept us in mind for different projects. And I remember specifically, we're on tour in seven early two thousand and seven. We called it the Marvelous Party Tour, which is really great, great name, and we were playing at six flags across the country and our father said, Hey, Disney has this project that they're putting together. They hope it'll become like the next high school musical, and they like Joe to audition.
Speaker 3: And so with this camera it's called a flip vid. Well, they also asked, They said, the audition is one song of your choosing and a dance as well. I didn't say exactly what kind of dance. We really need to find this clip though. We gotta find it.
Speaker 2: Basically, the audition was was shot so poorly, and May thought I'll be crushed it.
Speaker 4: We used the lamp in the hotel room but turned it like this to hold it like this, so that the whole was like a spotlight.
Speaker 3: That's as good as we got.
Speaker 2: And to be honest, I was panicked that basically Joe was going to go do this movie, become a big star on his own, and then the band would be over. But our dad had a different idea. Basically, he called and said, exactly, if you want Joe to be in this movie, then you got to include Nick and Kevin in some way. And so they literally wrote in our two characters in Nate and.
Speaker 3: Shane happened to be the other change. What's your character's name, Jason? Jason. We still don't know to this day if we're brothers in the movie or not. In camp nobody knows.
Speaker 2: In two the credits, at the end of the first one, it just says Nate and Jason. Yeah, no last name, no last name, So we don't know to this day. I think we can assume that we're related in the In the film, I think, cousins, have you ever watched the first one, the camp Rock?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Have I watched it? No, you've watched it. Of course, we watched it at the premiere. I think I will love watching my own work. But we watched the premiere, I remember, I Yeah, it's a It's interesting that they watched the dance part knowing that I'm not the greatest dancer, and they're like, we're still going to hire you, and you're still going to do a dance number.
Speaker 4: They saw something start the party saw something.
Speaker 3: Yes, starts at the body.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, cut to eighteen years later, and here we are really of Camp Rock three, which we produced alongside our friends over at Disney and really got to do the thing that was most exciting for me on this project, which was putting together a group of absolutely you know, just incredibly talented young people to take the incredible the torch and uh kind of usher in a new generation of camp Rockers.
Speaker 3: And this cast is just amazing.
Speaker 2: In this fact, it's been incredible already just to see all of their their profiles and everything just exploding as the promotion. But the movie's begun and it's just gonna be you know, even more massive ones once people have seen the movie on Disney Plus, which you can watch right here click over from this platform, or you know now we're on Hulu as well.
Speaker 3: Guys, Yes, you can like, oh, you're watching us, listening to us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we have some of the casts here today from the film, and they're gonna they're gonna share some of their their Camp Rock stories.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get all the info. It's gonna be a lot all the tea. We're asked hard hitting questions, hard hitting questions. That's what we're known for here, is it. Yeah, that's the kind of questions should you ask? Like to start, I have a list, keV. I don't know if you got this too. I did. Oh yeah. Why should we bring him in? I think we should.
Speaker 2: Our first guest play Sage and Fletch in the film Camp Rock three, played by Malakay Barton Leaman Cigaret.
Speaker 3: Here's a clip of them in the film. Now and then, we're gonna bring him on out.
Speaker 2: Most days, High Spy.
Speaker 3: Says high I'm back.
Speaker 6: And insecure.
Speaker 2: Best.
Speaker 6: I'm still struggling with the lyrics.
Speaker 3: She gotta have fun with it. You make it sound so easy.
Speaker 7: All right, just so you know, all of this isn't good to distract me, all right, I'm in it to win it, So.
Speaker 4: Congratulations guys. You guys are no strangers, supremieeres So tonight's not a big deal.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it's going to be so sick.
Speaker 9: Obviously it's not strangers, but also like still, I'm just excited.
Speaker 2: It's been a crazy month already of promo between camp rock stuff getting going, but also sentenced.
Speaker 3: Most absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah Disney uh franchises, How does how does that feel?
Speaker 3: Already?
Speaker 7: It feels so honestly so crazy. I like have to pinch myself every day, like God is so good, and I think it just feels so unreal. You know, it feels very special to be a part of all these franchises though, because you know, I'm going to be a part of all these this new generation's childhood and that means so much to me. So I know how much you know, the movies meant to me growing up, and so now that I'm going to be a part of it's just it feels so wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's it's crazy for us. As as we mentioned on set to to be you know, looking at all of you and seeing how tremendously talented you are, but but really carrying the torch and introducing a whole new generation to something that you know, we loved being a part of and that we look back at now with with such nostalgia and gratitude. Malchi for you, I mean, stepping into to this role after having already been in so many beloved films with Disney and and and taking this on. Was there was there any pressure about the camp Rock franchise? Were you aware of it before you you signed on to.
Speaker 8: Do oh, one hundred percent?
Speaker 3: I was aware.
Speaker 8: I think that I've said this before.
Speaker 9: I think that the camp Rock franchise is like something that's just like automatically embedded into your childhood no matter what.
Speaker 8: I love that, and I ye take it.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 8: It's so great. And you told him to say that, Yeah he did.
Speaker 3: He paid me right before I came on exactly say this please.
Speaker 9: But I mean I think that I for a second I was like, oh, is there going to be pressure? But honestly, I just want to like say thank you to you guys for making it feel like there was no pressure, because it was like you guys could have so easily been like this is our baby, and this is like we've created this and this has been our thing and like have to do it. You guys have to But you guys gave us a space to create and make it our own in a way, and so I just want to say thank you to that and like make it made it feel like there was no pressure, but obviously there's the like, oh, shoot.
Speaker 8: We're making camp rock again, a little bit of pressure. It was pressure.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: Hearing Malachai with Tomorrow and Leamani with One Beat Away for the first time, I was we were getting, you know, going through the production process and hearing your versions of it, and I was just like, Okay, it's gonna work.
Speaker 3: Yes, so good, it's so good. Have you seen the film yet? We have nice? It was so great.
Speaker 8: Have you guys seen the film?
Speaker 4: We did an early premiere in my house with my girls, so we watch all sleepover for full huge like blowout sleepover for the for the Descendants film, decorations, the whole thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Our daughter watched it too, actually, most recently on vacation. It's kind of one of her first live action.
Speaker 3: Movies and she she just loved it. Sends camp Rock, camp Rock.
Speaker 2: And what's been so fun to see too is all the reaction online before the movie came out. You know, it's on Disney Plus when you can watch here, but people flipping out about the new songs, but also some of the songs that were a part of the original film play my Music being one of those.
Speaker 3: And and for.
Speaker 2: Us we Rock, which was incredibly hard to sing as a a now grown man.
Speaker 3: Whoa, it just happens us, It just happens, guess.
Speaker 2: But some of those reactions are are are you know, so great to see parents watching with their kids?
Speaker 3: It's full circle? So have your parents watched the movie?
Speaker 6: Of course?
Speaker 7: We're like such big fans, Like literally it was played all the time when I was growing up, Like every time I would come home from school, turn on Disney Channel and that would be the movie that would turn on. And we're fans.
Speaker 3: We're big fans. Love and Malco. Your mom auditioned for American Idol? Is that correct?
Speaker 7: Yeah? My mom?
Speaker 9: So, my mom was on American Idol for I forget. Was it like top up until top ten? She's right there?
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, okay, she's okay.
Speaker 3: Do we make it to Hollywood.
Speaker 8: Okay, you know she works on now, she works on American Idol.
Speaker 3: She's but if you work on American Idle, now, oh cool, I love it. That's great.
Speaker 9: That was my little like, that's my little connection to the singing world. She's like the goat, she's so chill. I love my mom.
Speaker 3: Was there ever, like American Idol dreams for yourself? Were you like thinking maybe I'll do this?
Speaker 9: I acting was maybe maybe, But I was also like, that's my mom's sing Like let my mom, Like, that's my mom's thing. She's like the singer and she has a great voice. So it's like I'm just gonna let her do her thing. And then I went into the acting world, and then like the musical stuff started happening.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, shoot, does that mean that there's more independent music coming from you guys?
Speaker 7: I mean yeah, you can always definitely expect. I'm actually working on my album, my first album. Okay, it's crazy crazy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I've always like acting first, but I also think I just like I trust God's playing, like that's all I can do. And like if I think there's something so special about giving everything to God and just trusting him with everything, so like what happens happens.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. Cool, that's awesome, that's yeah, I love it. Well, we'll be excited for music from you then both of you.
Speaker 7: Exit.
Speaker 4: One thing you guys definitely can do better than we can, though, is dance.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's very impressive in the film.
Speaker 8: That's so sweet. Yeah, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 7: The choreo for this movie, for Camp Brock three dude intense.
Speaker 8: Jamal was putting it going, like putting in extra hours.
Speaker 3: Process because ours was non existent.
Speaker 8: Our rearsal processes were very different. I mean mine, I was on tour. I was doing the world Big tour.
Speaker 3: That was happening last year. Yeah, I may have gone.
Speaker 8: You may have gone. I may have seen you tell.
Speaker 3: Everybody at home, and if they didn't, they don't know what you guys were talking about. What's the tour that you're talking about?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I did.
Speaker 9: We're doing another tour together this coming summer and it's the World's Collide Tour.
Speaker 8: It's Descendants, Zombies and Camp Rock.
Speaker 9: That's this year. And then last year we did sen It's in zombies. But yeah, it was it was it was wild.
Speaker 3: Is it like zombies attack the camp and then like basically honestly like medieval Times a little bit, we're just.
Speaker 8: All battling on stage.
Speaker 2: We do need a Avengers style. I think Camp bractice in zombie movie.
Speaker 8: I think that would be sick Cross all like.
Speaker 2: But there's just one problem is that when you're in multiple franchises, we have to figure out a way to it's the multiverse.
Speaker 9: You know what if there was like a screenplay and it was like World's Glide and we had to do quick changes into different characters, that would be let's pitch.
Speaker 8: Let's pitch it.
Speaker 3: Come on, this is expensive, I know.
Speaker 8: At that Do you just have like the time of your life with that thing right there?
Speaker 3: I have just I was just like carry this stor I wish it worked like this in real life. It just happens in the Wings. There's quite a few. There's a new.
Speaker 6: She's really good.
Speaker 8: Oh, I like that.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite one, Demmi? It changes all the time. My favorite one is.
Speaker 8: That one's good.
Speaker 3: That's word that. That's usually when there's an argument between these guys. Shane great for crying out loud.
Speaker 10: I like that a lot.
Speaker 8: I liked that a lot.
Speaker 2: Some drama, class drama we got off track for So you were rehearsing while you were on tour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, playing double duty.
Speaker 9: Yeah. They had hired one of the dancers that were on tour, and Jamal was sending all the choreos. I was because I was obviously on tour during pre production. I wasn't able to make it out until we literally started filming.
Speaker 4: So then I was like, well, we ran into each other and I looked at him backstage he was They were so kind, the entire cast on this the live show, met the met our daughters and took some pit photos. And I've never seen my girls blush the way they blushed when I met you and watched you on this movie. I'm not comfortable with it, but it was a great moment. You didn't feel so special, but you kind of looked at me and was like so, And I was like, obviously I knew that you had been cast in camera, Yeah, but none of the other cast of the tour, you know.
Speaker 9: And You're just like looking at it, communicate I know something.
Speaker 3: You know something.
Speaker 4: You hung back and got so excited a little after, but it was a good like we know that.
Speaker 3: It's a fun question. Then I mean, I guess where were you guys when you got the call You're like, hey, you're gonna you made it. You're gonna be or they offered or the audition. I'm not sure how the process went for you guys.
Speaker 7: I was actually I was in the car with my mom.
Speaker 8: We were in the mountains.
Speaker 7: I had like no service, and I get the call from my manager and she sounds like super bummed. She's like, hey, like, Disney want to let you know they're really proud of you and they're happy you came in and.
Speaker 3: You got the role.
Speaker 7: And I remember like screaming, burst into tears, fan girling, all the things at once.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I was. I was in. I was in the middle of intermission. I was literally in the middle.
Speaker 3: Intermission.
Speaker 8: I am was like, Yo, You're never gonna believe this.
Speaker 3: You're going on was literally exactly you're going to Canada.
Speaker 8: I know I was going to Canada.
Speaker 3: Well, before you go, we we on our on our show, Hey Jonas, we always have this bowl of questions that we don't know what they are. If you guys are willing to participate with.
Speaker 8: I would love to participate.
Speaker 3: I think camp themed whatever that camed did you guys?
Speaker 8: I would love to answer you, okay, and I'll sure.
Speaker 3: I love that so sick name? Do you want to go first?
Speaker 9: Do it?
Speaker 3: I'll go first.
Speaker 7: In camp rock Shane Gray works at the camp as an instructor. Which famous musician or artist would you hire to work at your camp?
Speaker 10: That?
Speaker 7: Wait, that's crazy, I'm just kidding, that's kind of that's a good that's a good one.
Speaker 8: This is really good.
Speaker 3: She's really good. But she's really I don't know, really good things to help you, probably.
Speaker 7: Like arian.
Speaker 3: A famous, like pop star or something. She's very good at music. I could teach us all their tips and.
Speaker 8: Tricks, just like working your whistle notes whistle.
Speaker 9: Literally fair Alright, okay, okay, let's do it. Oh, you're in charge of wake up music every morning? What's your pick? I feel like they're hearing, like.
Speaker 8: What are they here?
Speaker 9: Like, dude, I like this is like a niche pick. But I'm gonna say like I'm gonna say, like, could you imagine like just hearing Gyra by Maverick City Music just like playing or like Firm Foundation or something like that.
Speaker 3: That'd be lit solid.
Speaker 8: I feel like that'd just be like super dope.
Speaker 9: That's great Tennessee Whiskey or Broken Halo's or something like that.
Speaker 8: Basically my playlist and we can open the camp.
Speaker 3: Up with that. All right, should play your whole playlist.
Speaker 8: Play the whole playlist.
Speaker 10: I like it.
Speaker 3: There we go later. Well, thank you guys so much for hanging out with us.
Speaker 2: Amazing Malachai and Leimani awesome, so good, superstars, superstars, just incredible.
Speaker 3: They just got it. Their star rising. It's gonna be. Yeah, they're gonna be in many, many movies to come. I'm excited to hear their music too. And whatever music that Malachi said he wasn't, but we're going to not he's going to release. You know. It was very mysterious because I'm working on a project with him right now. Oh gotcha? You signed him separately? I signed him. Yeah, Oh he doesn't know, you'd get he doesn't know yet or he doesn't know. Or agents and managers. Speaking of agents and managers, speaking of agents and managers. Great segue. Kevin's agent and manager is next, actually the Connects three manager. That's right.
Speaker 4: Her new character a character unlocked and classic character continued.
Speaker 2: Mario was in the first to U camp Rocks. She of course is Mitchie's mother, but also now the owner and operator of Camp Rock, and we find her in Camp Rock three.
Speaker 3: It there's a lot of mysterious mystery about her. I want to know all the lore, like the how did she get the camp? I think she has a backstory. Let's talk to her about it. Please, pleads and gentlemen, please make some noise for Seri, Cola and Maria.
Speaker 5: Family and friends the group chat Hello here we are.
Speaker 3: Sounds like quick.
Speaker 4: Stand or you need a pillow on the back.
Speaker 3: There for our first live audience, we wanted it only family and friends. Yes, exact, really warm audience. Okay, Lock the doors will be interviewing exactly. Well, thank you for being on the pod. This is very exciting to have you both a part of this and obviously this is you know, stranger to Camp Rock. Yeah, so it feels great to have you back. I think we should show a clip of Maria in Camp Rock three. Now you can't rock. Let me ask you something.
Speaker 11: Who's running for the best summer ever?
Speaker 9: Woo.
Speaker 11: I'm Knnie Torres, camp director and yes, Mitchie's mom. This camp change Mitchie's life and now I run it, which means I get a chance to watch it.
Speaker 8: Change yours.
Speaker 11: A couple quick rules.
Speaker 3: Most important, no phones?
Speaker 11: I know, I know, but Camp Rock is better face to face than screen to screen. Trust me. You know when I look out at all of you, all I can think about is all the talent that has come through Camp Rock. Legends are made here, and I know that this.
Speaker 3: Summer will be no different.
Speaker 8: Yeah that was so fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was incredible. We also have a clip of our different Charychilo as well. Oh yeah, now, yes.
Speaker 5: But little miss Lark it looks a lot nicer th.
Speaker 3: Mark.
Speaker 5: Oh hey, guys, sorry, I can't really talk right now. You have me producing Final Jam, which is like a billion tiny shows in one on a summer camp's budget.
Speaker 3: So we're pretty familiar with the Final chamis.
Speaker 5: Well, get ready for my final Jam.
Speaker 3: Lark? You let your hair down literally?
Speaker 5: How nice of you don't notice? Jason, I have bug bites on my bug bites and a lot to discuss with my therapist. You'll be getting the invoice.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, you're gonna miss this place, you know you are.
Speaker 5: I guess the songs are kind of catchy, you know, how, don't have time for this. I'm busy I'll see you later, don't be late.
Speaker 3: I saw that smile. Maybe fair enough, Probably not. How many bug bites.
Speaker 5: Are has never been more vulnerable mosquito bites.
Speaker 3: On your mosquito bites. It just looks so much like newer than Camp Rock. It just looks so much the first shot on a potato. I think, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, And it's just funny to see now Camp Rock three. We were just saying while we're watching the first clip, taking away their cell phones it was never really a problem in Camp Rock one or two.
Speaker 11: No, Yeah, it's like camp is more important than ever now because that's where you make real connections and it's it's just a different time, a different world.
Speaker 3: So it really is.
Speaker 11: I love that that was in there, that we addressed that the importance of really relating and then they're disappointed, and then they're so happy at the end because they had real connection with real living people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, making memories.
Speaker 4: You know, do we actually take their phones away for the entire production?
Speaker 3: Though we did.
Speaker 5: Still guy, by the way, we haven't given it back yet.
Speaker 3: Y again. I guess for you, Maria like stepping back into a familiar role a new role, because I think we're just before you got out. We're trying to kind of understand you became the the person that runs Camp ro.
Speaker 11: That's right, Camp Director.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 11: I love that they gave me that arc that I started as a self sacrificing mom who wanted to make her her daughter's dreams come true and was willing to work in the kitchen and for a discounted rate. You're going to Camp Rock the famous line. And then I come back and we're still working. And then even though Mitchie is now a big superstar like Demi, she still cares about the place where dreams came true. It's not just about her kids. She wants to be there for other kids. That's so beautiful and I love as a real mom. I love to see other moms that love on all kids, not just their own. I always would notice that when a mom would love, support and encourage my child, it's just a beautiful thing. So I love that about Connie. I love being Connie.
Speaker 8: I love seeing you guys again.
Speaker 11: So I got a real.
Speaker 4: Scene you went there on day one, Like when we showed up and you were standing on the Final Jam Final Jam stage at on the Lake, it was just like, Okay.
Speaker 3: That was kind of emotional. I remember like it was weird, even though it was a different location. I mean, technically we shot the first one somewhere else, but it was like this wave of you know, after reading the script and being a part of the production, thinking of all the things we're gonna do, and meeting the cast, and then once we saw you up there, I was like, oh man, that was all brought back to us. It was really great and obviously so awesome Cherry. Having a part of this has been a blast. Yeah, and you know, every dysfunctional band needs a manager.
Speaker 5: Listen, Mark is hanging on by a thread. You know what I'm saying, She's two phones, two coffees. Am I even acting? But it was such a delight, honestly just playing with all of you, especially that first day, because right now people are craving that nostalgia. They want to feel good and then they want to go back to like a really just joyous time. And I feel like this movie is really going to deliver, and it's so cinematic, it's elevated. Ronica Rodriguez shout out to our director.
Speaker 3: Who you've been longtime friends with.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, we met at Funnier die in twenty seventy.
Speaker 3: So that's how we actually got you, got I got it, got ye.
Speaker 5: No. But honestly, we've just been like creative soul sisters on this journey. So to be able to you know, come alive through Camp Rock three is a dream come true.
Speaker 11: I knew we were in good hands. Yeah, And when I saw you guys, the same thing happened to me where I got a little like because you're all daddy's now too, your dad, So I'm like, wait, these guys were teenagers and I and I noticed that we all have girls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're all girl dad.
Speaker 2: So far through the second movie, I think your your daughters were tiny, I mean were they were my daughter's age now I think.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's wild.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that was so And I remember how sweet you guys were to my little girls, who are now Bridges twenty three and Madeline's going to be twenty one, crazy and it's just wild. Were so sweet to them, not just their teen fans, but even their little fans.
Speaker 3: You you encouraged her and what.
Speaker 11: To sing because she's a singer. And I remember Bridget interrupted an interview you did, and.
Speaker 3: You were so sweet to her. You weren't like, who's this kid.
Speaker 11: In my way? He wasn't like that at all.
Speaker 3: He was like some character.
Speaker 11: Oh you were you were great for crying out loud, this is part of my act.
Speaker 3: Well, it's been so fun obviously to be to watch leaving this young new gen And I'm curious, like for you, Maria, like being on set, did you find yourself seeing any similarities to the original casts. Oh yeah, they were like, oh I see it. I see talent totally.
Speaker 11: I mean, if Disney knows something, it's how to find young talent. And it was us amazing, amazing, Yes, of course I see Demi and Leamani and.
Speaker 2: I saw.
Speaker 11: I think they actually had even more characters have their own little storyline thanks to Edie's script, which is terrific. And I love that because there's a little bit of something and every character that I think a lot of young people will identify with, you know, those those struggles that are so important to us during that developmental stage and everything matters so much.
Speaker 3: My crush, my career, right you know. Yeah, and uh I.
Speaker 5: Didn't reading my diary.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The dynamics now with the friendships and the chemistry, everyone is like we love each other honestly, did.
Speaker 11: You guys know when you did it how much it was going to be loved? Did you get a sense at.
Speaker 3: All that your big I think movie Break was going to be such a hit. I mean, we knew, we had no idea. I mean we obviously we were we were touring at the time. I mean when Camp ro was being made, kind of took a break from touring for the first time in a couple of years. And there wasn't as much social media when we first started with camp Rockpace, So it was just kind of bubbling in the States because Disney started playing our music videos and Diney Channel, and so by the time the movie came out, it was the reception was just wild, and it was an interesting like high school class because that was Zach and Vanessa in the high school musical cast. Zach and Cody was a popular show at the time. Trying to think there's and it's just there's so many great, kind of amazing vocalists and dancers and singers. It's really wild. So to answer your question, were we had no idea?
Speaker 11: No? Do you think that's why you guys were so good because you were so relaxed and having fun.
Speaker 3: I think we just didn't know what we were doing. We didn't any other way.
Speaker 2: I still don't, but I think, you know, the moment we kind of realized that Disney really understands how to how to to do a global event was after the second movie came out. We were we were touring in parts of the world where English wasn't the first language and they would know a majority of our songs as the Jonas Brothers, but when we would go into the camp Rock songs, the would know every single word because they've been, you know, learning English in a lot of ways because of it is so cool, or you know, just consuming it into different ways.
Speaker 3: And that was a really powerful thing for us. Yeah, that's how far the reaches.
Speaker 5: Yeah, camp Rock is a universal language. Seriously, Like you can feel the impact and even you know, going to your concert in Vancouver, oh so much to the fans and to see you three like operate with so much gratitude, and you know, it really was touching, touching the witness.
Speaker 3: It was a fun show.
Speaker 2: People don't know, listen, we're watching the pot We were shooting in Vancouver Camp Rock three, and and it just so happened that we also had a concert run that same time.
Speaker 5: In Vancouver.
Speaker 3: Appropriately, and that nine we had m G K Out especially, which was great. It's become just a great friend of ours. Had you been to a show before that, I have yours.
Speaker 5: I've been to Ara, I have not, and I highly recommend it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was great the first timer, certainly not the last, but yeah, it was just so cool to see how highly anticipated this film is because y'all like did a little shout out when you're on stage and everyone went wild. And I even remember the first day when we were filming that that scene of Connie on the stage. There were fans like one hundred yards away that found out where we were filming, and I had no idea, but there were these videos of us like zoomed in, like super pixelated, and everyone thought I was Demi because of the dark hair videos and like people were like, it's Demi and Jonas brothers because I had a snatch phony and what an honor.
Speaker 3: And then I signed up the graphs.
Speaker 5: But it was just so surreal, you know, you see how major this love.
Speaker 4: That was really fun to see after the fact that we were on set, like they had all those those happens just in that area and people were just walking through the set as if it was like real life camp.
Speaker 3: If you saw it online, it was it's.
Speaker 8: Like paparazzi on a canoe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're just like hanging out. Sure.
Speaker 2: You in the clip we showed, you mentioned the songs really catchy and obviously you're in character. But do you have a favorite song from Camp Brog.
Speaker 8: Three from Camp Rock three?
Speaker 5: Honey? You know what, Lark got to be a part of a lot without spoiling too much, just with the challenges, you know, So play my music was stuck in my head, which is one of my favorite.
Speaker 3: Things classic, My favorite things to see right now is that people are some of the songs are being released all the time and play my music, which is the audition scene out of context. You don't know what's happening, right, It's very funny. Yeah, and it's kind of like we I like, I love it because we're kind of trolling every the audience a little bit of rage bait. Yeah, it's rage bait. It's fun to watch the people a prankankrank, Well, it's a break song. I'm sorry you're saying, so play.
Speaker 5: My music, I mean yeah, and also high key changing Kevin Jonas, thank you. It's brilliant.
Speaker 3: That's brilliant.
Speaker 5: Emotional, okay, therapeutic, it is, yeah, very much, just real quick as a little side side dish.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. Facts. Well, the pot we always have our guests participate in the fun little game with that we have here. We have a bowl in front of us. There's bold questions if you're willing to protect there all we don't know what they say. We haven't written them.
Speaker 2: So if you don't like it, and then it's not on us, okay, most.
Speaker 5: Grab on all right, Hey, stay vigilant. That's a quote from the movie that should be Merch. Is my family here?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they are.
Speaker 5: My mom's in the audience now visiting from saying hello, Hi, Hi, welcome. We rolled deep around here.
Speaker 3: Okay, what you got right?
Speaker 8: You go first?
Speaker 11: Which camp rock song are you singing first? At karaoke? Well, it used to be too cool for you? Yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 3: The older shoulder.
Speaker 11: So now it has to be Leamani's current hit. Oh what a song, because I can't get that out of my head.
Speaker 3: It's so good all over.
Speaker 5: They're just these superstars back games working with them, like, aren't you so inspired, like the future is.
Speaker 11: Bright totally, you know, totally. And they're good kids.
Speaker 5: So good, most important, gooder than me, that's for sure, much better grammar. Yeah, if someone handed you the ox Court on a bus ride to camp, what's the first song you're playing? Camp?
Speaker 3: Brock related or no anything?
Speaker 5: He's doing Michelle Branch and Carlos Santana Game of Love. She's right now.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Michelle Branch.
Speaker 5: I love her even though it was born in two thousand and eight, right, my mom was into Michelle Branch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, correct, Hey, mom, stick to the script. Thank you for being on. Thank you so much excited than congratulations. Y'all can't thank you so much around the movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, there are more casts we have, there's more casts guests on the This is the most guests we've ever had on the pod.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: I will say when when we were wearing the producer hat, I like that.
Speaker 2: While putting this film together alongside our partner Spencer bermant At, powered by Jonas, the casting process was was really fun, incredible, you know, because all of the talent we were seeing we were phenomenal, and there were there was obviously a handful that that were just perfect for these roles, and and some some people that we actually have some you know, some mutual friends of it and different things, and it's all just made sense, came together kind of beautifully. And and these these performers have I think, you know, a very promising future.
Speaker 3: I'd say we.
Speaker 2: Should show a clip now of Loomie, Hudson and Casey Yes, and then bring them on out here.
Speaker 3: Oh the clip?
Speaker 5: Oh good, You guys are awake, Your twenty four hours are up?
Speaker 6: Is this real? Or am I still hallucinating?
Speaker 7: This is very real?
Speaker 3: You're done?
Speaker 5: Final jam is tomorrow night. That means you have one day left to work on your songs.
Speaker 3: Don't waste it.
Speaker 5: You know where to find me.
Speaker 8: Is it weird that I'm kind of gonna miss this bus?
Speaker 9: No weird? Same here.
Speaker 12: So we make a pact.
Speaker 7: Whatever happens, we stay in touch.
Speaker 8: Great resort of business. Shot name.
Speaker 3: How about Cliff and the Cliffhangers. Cliff, Well, thanks for being on the pod. We're so excited. Yes, Camp Rock three day, so exciting. The day, Big Day, pretty wild. A lot of preparation going into this movie. Have you guys been looking forward today? Quite a bit.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I feel like this has been the most look forward thing for a lot of us. Like, even in the early stages of filming, we were like, what are you looking forward to? What are you excited for? And a lot of us were just like, I'm excited for the premiere. So today's it's a big day.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I definitely think that was one of the most exciting days that we were looking forward to and for everybody to see the movie and everything.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we're just finally Well, Leo me were reading this note and I I was so excited because we're like, we got to talk about this, so please talk about this jaguar experience because I'm reading this. Wow, we spent ten months in the jungles of Mexico bonding with the jaguars.
Speaker 12: That correct.
Speaker 13: Yeah, actually I was not expecting for that to be brought up here, but it's the first.
Speaker 3: Thing in my notes. And enough about cam Rock. That's so cool. Yeah.
Speaker 13: When I was like about thirteen years old, I did this movie called Autumn and the Black Jaguar, and I imprinted with these two jaguars and they were about this big when I met them, and I didn't really act for eight months. I kind of just stayed in the jungles of Mexico, and I trained with them and I acted as their like mother almost and I worked with animal wranglers and I got to watch them grow up and then finally when they hit about eight months, they were pretty much fully grown and we got to film the movie with them.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 3: So cool. Yeah, that's insane.
Speaker 13: Quite the experience and very different going to Disney after this, I would say, yeah, exactly, I had to train and wrangle these boys.
Speaker 3: So yeah, moving this way, Hudson. This is your first acting debut. Correct, It is a great kid, great job, thank you. Yeah, And I guess it's you're not that off like when it comes to acting in your family. Obviously, it's long, beautiful credits in front of you. What is that like me growing up at home? Do you ever think acting was gonna be something you'd walk into or is this kind of happened? It all just kind of happened.
Speaker 12: And I feel my parents they're both obviously my dad is in film and television, but just as himself and more reality stuff, and my mom's an incredible actor. But it was never set out for me to become an actor. I never even knew I wanted to do it. I just saw like people from her management agency. They were like, we'd love Hudson audition because I've always done music. I've always played the guitar, I've always sung. They're like, we wanted to audition for stuff and a lot of Disney musicals, and I was always like, Nah, not for me. I don't really want to. It's not really my style, not my thing. And then they sent over Camp Rock and like one other thing, and I'm like, oh, these are so cool. I remember I watched Camp Rock as a kid, like, you know, I'll audition for this one. I auditioned for three roles, Fletch, Cliff, and DESSI. I ended up with my old DESI. But yeah, it's pretty insane to be here at least a little over year. It's like three hundred and seventy days after this all started. But it's insane. Wow, And who's counting?
Speaker 3: That's cool, that's well, congrats, that's really exciting. And Casey, I guess you know you're no stranger to a stage. Yeah, right, tell us about that experience for you because you've done a lot of theater performances.
Speaker 8: Correct.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so back when I was around like four years old. I started drumming and I really fell in love with music, and I thought that was what I was gonna do for like my whole life. I was like, I'm gonna go on tour. I'm gonna be a drummer of a metal band. My dad got me into metal and that was one of my thing when I was a kid.
Speaker 3: Shout out, dad, I like that, what kind of metal? Any artists? You can say thing?
Speaker 10: I went my first concert. I went to Iron Maiden and I was six seven something like that. And then I went and saw a Slipknot and I saw Mu Suga, Swedish metal band.
Speaker 8: So great, My favorite drummer is part of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you play the drums in this, in this, in this movie as well? Yeah, is that something that you've always had a passion for.
Speaker 10: I couldn't really like vision my life without it, Like I started playing. My dad actually before I was born, he bought a drum set because he's like, I need a hobby to pick up. So you bought this electric remode like drum kits. He bought this and over he didn't he never played it, but he had sticks there. And when I was two years old, I just picked them up started playing, and once I was four, I was playing with an instructor. And then at six I started playing shows like local shows, which brought me to like a nice band program in Vancouver where I got to tour around Vancouver and play a lot of really cool events. And that brought me to Camp Rock and to doing some community theater too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very cool, so cool. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah you were you guys, were you in school during production?
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, we were doing online or homeschool, but we were all in school together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that was the thing when we were shooting our Camp Rocks. Back the day we were homeschool, we were touring, so we never really like studied with other people. And then I remember feeling so excited that I was suddenly in the classroom with all my castmates, actually doing school.
Speaker 3: And it's the only thing that made having to do school while you're working a positive experience, first experience for in a while for us.
Speaker 2: But by the second movie, I was already done with school, so I didn't I didn't to do that again. But you guys are all in the classroom together, then you're on set together. You had to become I think, pretty close, pretty fast, and it seemed at least observing from the time we were on set, like, you guys all genuinely got along and had a good rapport. What was that experience like, And are you guys staying in touch? Is the is the group chat staying alive?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the group chat. You were actually all on FaceTime this morning in the group chat. But I think school was like Okay, I'm so sorry, but I think.
Speaker 13: School was one of the places where we really bonded the most and where the least school work might have happened.
Speaker 10: I had to drop out of French because of school, Like I couldn't like, I couldn't keep up.
Speaker 3: It was crazy.
Speaker 6: We were just getting yelled at, I think for talking so much.
Speaker 3: But that happened making friends.
Speaker 6: It's fun. It's too fun.
Speaker 13: We're like shooting a scene and then two seconds later, like you guys got to go to school. I'm like, I'm still in the mode of camp rock and I don't want to be learning in that camp.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, there was obviously a ton of music in the movie on top of school and acting. In the scenes, you guys had a pretty intense rehearsal schedule, and this is your first time singing and dancing and acting you know on screen? What were the dance rehearsals like stressful? Do you you guys enjoy that process.
Speaker 12: I have never danced before my entire life. I didn't know I was gonna dance going to Camp Rock.
Speaker 3: I had already.
Speaker 12: I already got it on the plane in my first day. They were like, you're gonna go to dance rehearsals tomorrow, And I was like, I think you're mistaken for somebody else in the cast because I don't. I don't like to dance, like that's not my thing. And I had to relearn how to play the piano alongside with that, and I had to kind of learn how to act and be in a movie and all this stuff at once.
Speaker 3: Kind of really got put into Camp Rock.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I probably to workshops. Yeah, it was, but I had a lot of fun. I was around really supportive people who helped me through it. Jamal and Kai, who are the choreographer is on Camp Rock. They killed it and I'm so thankful that they were there. I had a lot of fun.
Speaker 13: I think the prep was, honestly such a great experience for us, not just because obviously we have to prep for the movie doing dances, but I think getting thrown into such a huge project, we got to bond ahead of time and really get into the camp Rock mode before we actually had to shoot.
Speaker 6: So I think it was about a month of prep that we had.
Speaker 13: And yeah, I mean learning the dances was just so fun, got really in shape, I would say, I remember the first day.
Speaker 6: I think we had like dance rehearsals together. Yeah, And I remember I also had to learn how to play the cello, which was very challenging.
Speaker 3: But a lot to learn so quick too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, but it helped.
Speaker 13: Me get more into the mode of camp Rock and the mode of my character. So I'm really grateful for that.
Speaker 10: That's awesome, I think, Yeah, sam as Hudson, I never knew I was going to be dancing.
Speaker 8: I had an.
Speaker 10: Inkling of a feeling. I was like, maybe I'll dance, maybe we'll do something, but I'm going to be on the drums. And I came out of the studio, I swear, my driver goes, you're going a movement now, and.
Speaker 3: I said, what movement? Movement?
Speaker 10: Was that?
Speaker 8: What does that mean?
Speaker 10: And it was dance and I walk in there and I see a bunch of dancers I've seen all over my for You page and I'm I'm watching them go crazy and there's like freestyling happening, and I'm okay, so am I gonna watch? Am I gonna drum in the back? And they have me dancing right off the bat. But yeah, again, Jamal and Kai were so great. They helped us along the way, and yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that happened to us too. We showed up on day one and they're like, you want to.
Speaker 2: Movement and we are at each other like yeah, yeah, no, that's not gonna happen for you guys.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, so on the pod we do this little fun thing where we have everyone pull a question from the bowl. Questions of questions here that we don't there can't related, Would you guys be questions? Let me want you go first there, pass it down.
Speaker 6: It feels right.
Speaker 10: Which camp rock performance would you have wanted to be a part of?
Speaker 8: I think I read that right. I'd say Asta La Vista. Yeah, yeah that looks so.
Speaker 3: Fun, Yes, absolutely good fun. If you ran a camp?
Speaker 8: What type of camp would you run?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 12: I don't know, I'd run a music I'd run Camp Rock. Take it from conye my camp Come on, Okay.
Speaker 13: My question is if you had to add one ridiculous camp activity, what would it be. I think that in this movie we deal with some mean characters. I would say, so, maybe like a bully training.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it, bully training. Answer though, bully training. That's good, that's called.
Speaker 4: Yeah, full disclosure. My my girls watched Camp Rock. We watched it the other night, and they absolutely loved your character. They loved you an electric whim too, of course, but they loved your character and they had to run to go do something like pause movie because she's about to perform on the final jam and she's like, we cannot miss it.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, well, they were very excited. They thought you did a great job. They thought you did all dated a great job. It's so sweet. Well, congrats exciting tonight. Yeah, we're proud of themselves.
Speaker 12: Rush three seventy days, Yes, seventy days and counting, encounting, encounting.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, thank yous. Wow that was fun. So how old do you feel now? I feel quite old, Yeah, a little. And that's just wow.
Speaker 2: It's kind of you know, It's funny you feel that old because we did a little bit crea when it came out, and they would have told you no, some of which some of some of these these new campers weren't even born when that's what I mean when we went to camp.
Speaker 3: Most of them, Well, this is how old we were not born. This is how old we are. Guys in the original movie, we're not even campers. That's true. It's a camp we went to. We're alumni. Oh yeah, oh exactly. We were there to be You were a counselor. You were a counselor, and the first were you in the first one was how old was I? I was twenty years old? Yeah, I was eighteen and yeah, so too old for camp technically not yeah, so I was. Also you were aged out, I was not. I was a counselor, that's right, yeah yeah. And it's just amazing to see kind of their excitement. This is going to be such an amazing ruck to change their lives, and it already is. And also it's so much different now. I mean I was like seeing like that today. There's like I came on my feet in Camp Rock and like a coffee shop collapse and like what we wanted, the coffee shop collabse the cold like. I mean, we opened a couple of roll up coasters, but we never did a coffee shop clab. Yeah, it's pretty cool anyway. So thrilled for them and obviously excited for everyone to see the movie. Please watch it with your family and friends. This movie is meant to be enjoyed with the family.
Speaker 2: I think the fact that there are people that connected with it and resonated with it when they were in their teens or when they were kids who now probably have kids of their own, and those parents that watched it with them back then now grandparents. It should be something that the whole family can joy and I think for us as we step into this kind of chapter of our life and journey teaming up with Disney again and finding projects like this with the Christmas movie, where we can just bring some joy into people's lives and we can have people connect with the people they love. That's what it's all about for us. But that's again why having our incredible.
Speaker 3: Warriors here today Piper Bell and Eliza said the world incredible lawyers warriors, Oh warriors, Yes, of course, you guys, me are lawyers too. Yeah, but we are so glad you guys are here, you said, Lawyers. Sentimental moment gone once again. It's a silly sentimental moment, but we are so glad to see you again. Yes, and you guys are here. Thank you for inspiring us. And we just we love you guys, so thank you, appreciate you. All right, all right, all right.
Speaker 2: If you're watching US and on Disney Plus right now, you can jump off of this and click next to go watch Camp Rock three. And if you're watching on Hulu, then move to the different platform on Disney Plus Ghost.
Speaker 3: And if you're listening to a car, don't watch a movie alright until next time. Bye bye, bye bye