Speaker 1: I'm Tamika d. Mallory and this.
Speaker 2: Shit boy my son in general.
Speaker 1: We are your host of TMI.
Speaker 3: Tamika and my Son's information, truth, motivation and.
Speaker 1: Inspiration, new energy. But what's going on? My son, Lennon?
Speaker 3: I am blessed, black and Holly favored. How you feel into it?
Speaker 1: You're doing good. I'm doing good.
Speaker 4: It's been a few days. The book is now released. It's just twenty four hours since release time.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Don't we need a thing ring ring around here for our celebratory moments. So I'm excited, you know, I'm I'm already I've already been on the road.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I am super grateful to all of my friends who have opened up doors to their churches, their everything, their community centers, anything you can think of. People have and are continuing to work to make sure that I have the most successful launch of my book as possible.
Speaker 1: I live to tell the story.
Speaker 4: I live to tell the story, and I am I'm really really grateful. What makes me emotional because you know, you reach out to people. Some people you reach out to, they tell you they're gonna call you back, or they're gonna, you know, put you on and.
Speaker 1: I haven't had much of that.
Speaker 4: In fact, it's always surprising to me, Like every single time in my life, I am surprised by those who do right.
Speaker 1: And doing right does not mean doing it.
Speaker 4: So it's like a confusing thing that some people think when you say, oh, you know, you did right by me, that that means that you just did whatever I wanted you to do.
Speaker 1: No, it's just communication.
Speaker 4: If I'm supposed to be your friend or somebody that you know, you have any kind of cordial relationship with, and I'm asking you to do something, don't commit and then not commit, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, that's just so whack to me. I try not to do that.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying that I'm not guilty at times of making mistakes and you're supposed to call somebody back or whatever. But you know, certain people, they see you, they know you're constantly texting them reminder. At the reminder, you're asking them like, hey, you know.
Speaker 1: Can we follow up? Can we do this thing?
Speaker 4: If you don't want to do it, just say no, just say you know what, it's not the right time for me. I'll never forget another friend of ours. I have been reaching out to her a friend of ours. I've been reaching out to her to have me on her national TV show about something that we were doing and it was work related, it wasn't for me personally, and she just.
Speaker 1: Hit me back and was like she called me on the phone.
Speaker 4: She's like, Hey, Sis, I just want to make sure we have a verbal conversation because I don't want to decline over text or email and it, you know, not have the full context for what it is. She's like, but right now we're covering X y Z thing on the show, and if I put you on, what you're doing kind of like gives an excuse to the motherfuckers that's doing this other thing. You know what I'm saying, Like, what you're doing, You're trying to come up with this solution, which I respect, but it contradicts the fact that we're laying out right now every week, the different things that's happening from these people, right And she's like, so it just doesn't it doesn't work like it's pivoting in a moment when we're hard on a point that's being made.
Speaker 2: Well, why is the industry like that?
Speaker 3: And it's it's a thing that I've always had an issue with, right because it's accepted in the industry and a lot of people like us who just are authentic that like, I'm gonna get on the phone and say I can't do something, well, I'm gonna say I can do it right.
Speaker 2: And I don't know why it's.
Speaker 3: So hard for people to have that level of just communication respects. See it's somebody that I've and I'm gonna do it to a person that I really don't even know, right, I've done shit for people that random people have come up to me say hey, I want you to do something. I'd be like, and I think about okay, cool, and once I say cool, we gonna figure it out. Or or some people have come to me and said I need you to do something, but I can't really do that, you know what I'm saying. And some people don't like that you said, but it's honest. I'm just being honest. I'm not in a position to do it. I don't have the time to do it, so I don't want to commit myself to something I can And I don't know why it's so hard within this industry, just all of this industry that people don't know how to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean I.
Speaker 4: Think, you know, sometimes you think people respect you, and then sometimes you find out that they really don't.
Speaker 1: And that's just what it is.
Speaker 4: And I think in this particular situation where I was saying about the friend who told me this is a veteran you know, in the media world, somebody who's like, you know, understands that relationships are everything. You know what I'm saying, and so it's just different. Also, this particular individual who let me know, like I can't have you on, they also have a commitment to our culture. They have a commitment to the movement and all of that. So it was like, you know, out of respect for you, I'm gonna let you know that it just doesn't fit in what I'm doing. But I can help you here. I could do this, I want to do that. Let's see what else we could do.
Speaker 1: Boom. I'm okay with you just saying it just don't work.
Speaker 4: Have a nice day, But to say, okay, send me the information. Oh yeah, definitely, anything I could do. Oh for sure, Yes, definitely. Oh I want to support you for sure.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 4: And then every time you send them this stuff, every time you try to get a date a time locked in, they don't even say to you, well, those dates and times that you give and don't work, just give me a couple of weeks. I'm gonna get back to you about what I actually can do, so you don't have to just keep texting the air.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. It's just wag. So I just don't you know, it's okay.
Speaker 4: Because I know now as I'm getting older, you learn things about people and then you just place them in certain buckets, you put them in certain categories. And so I guess that's one aspect of this, but I have but the one the people who are showing up, are they outweigh anybody, outweigh anybody who hasn't for me? And so I'm just you know, I don't even know. It's like I want to be right, like, oh my god, and this happened. I got people doing major book buys in different cities, Folks purchasing one hundred books, two hundred books, three hundred books.
Speaker 1: People just you.
Speaker 4: Know, doing their thing, and I want to be all like whoo about it, But instead I have a you know how we get when we work. It's very serious for me, like I'm like, I need to keep my eyes on all of this stuff. So that's what I'm doing, is not getting too excited about anything, just being grateful to God, staying stable, and remembering that writing the book, doing the initial marketing, and starting a tour is only the beginning. The reason why people don't have the type of success that they want to see is because they quickly as soon as they get it out the gate, then it's over when the real work actually starts. When you're like on the track. It's not the getting up okay, cool, you get up in the morning. That's big because nobody wants to.
Speaker 1: Get up in the morning to go work out.
Speaker 4: Most people. Some people do, but most people don't want to get up in the morning. So that's a big part. It's just waking up and getting yourself there. Then you got to put your cute outfit on or whatever you're gonna wear. That's another part of it. You get your stretching. You did all of that, and then you start running. Once you start running, you gotta run. And that's where I'm at now. Now I'm in the running stage, So I'm excited. I live to tell a story is out right now. Please if you do not have I know some folks did not want to pre order because you want the book to be in your hand as soon as you order it. Now is the time the book is released. It was released yesterday, twenty four hours ago. And I'm asking that you please go and order my second book. You know, order the first one too, State of Emergency.
Speaker 2: Both of you.
Speaker 4: Can pick up my book right now. So right now, that's the deal.
Speaker 2: Yes man, that's dope.
Speaker 4: So I have a super short thought of the day today because we have to get our guests on and actually he doesn't have a lot of time, so we need to be quick. But I saw a couple of days ago it might be yeah, like last week that during Black History Month, the White House has announced that they are going to be celebrating American history, and they don't want to do, you know, any particular cultural things, so no Black history. They want to focus on American history. Now, you and I know that a large part of their plan is to restore the white male as being the dominant force in our society.
Speaker 1: We know it.
Speaker 4: It's in Project twenty twenty five, which they are clearly laying out.
Speaker 1: They doing their thing. We know what's going on.
Speaker 4: But I thought about it and I said, you know what, I'm actually not going to be offended by this because they're right.
Speaker 1: They are right.
Speaker 4: Our history here on this soil is American history. It is not Black history. It is American history.
Speaker 2: But the problem is they're not going to give our party.
Speaker 4: I know that, but I'm just saying they actually don't even realize that they might be going in the right direction.
Speaker 2: Why would they have.
Speaker 3: To celebrate American history during Black history? Like I don't understand, Like why would you replace black history with American history?
Speaker 4: Is because we know why. But I'm saying that sometimes what you mean for bad can actually turn out to be good. Still gonna teach in their homes in the they still gonna.
Speaker 2: I call it Black American.
Speaker 4: Look, they still gonna teach about enslavement. They're gonna teach about Tolsa, Oklahoma. They gonna teach about Rosewood. They're gonna teach about Martin Luther King. They're gonna teach about Malcolm X. They gonna teach about Rosa Parks. What what's some of the other things they.
Speaker 2: Teach about Black panthers.
Speaker 4: They don't teach about black pet Frederick Douglas Obama, Obama family. They don't teach about saying what do they currently teach white people in general?
Speaker 5: Loud?
Speaker 2: They teach you about like Martin Luther King.
Speaker 3: So they teach you about I went because I went to a high school, I mean junior high school.
Speaker 2: Charles all Drew, you know, and he started blood transfusions.
Speaker 3: He was one of those, and he he did a lot of things to plasma out of blood, utilized it, frozen, sent it to the army.
Speaker 2: He saved many lives with it. So he did a lot of things.
Speaker 4: So they teach you about invention. But they don't want to teach you about them shackles. They don't want to teach you about segregation. They don't want to teach you about Jim Crow. That's what they're trying to do is to leave out the part that they claim is designed to make white people, white kids feel guilty. No, feel guilty, that's what they say. But we understand what the white Washington history is. They've always wanted to do that, and so you know, my thought of the day is, I think they're right. They should teach black history in the context of American history because almost everything that know, everything that they've done to us is American history. And to be clear, even our accomplishments, despite what they've done, that's American history.
Speaker 1: We built this.
Speaker 2: Country, as as our.
Speaker 4: Sister Angela Ras says, we built this country for free.
Speaker 1: So it's a history, it's for free.
Speaker 4: So now we need to jump to our guests so that we can make sure we don't lose him. And we want to talk about the target, protests, the target, the response to target. You know, so many people have so many things to say, and I think that what's necessary for us is to continue to inform, to continue to learn, to continue to draw on history because we've been here before. And I think that our guest that is coming up, the Reverend doctor Jamal Bryant, He's got a lot to say, so let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Jamal Harrison, Brian Harrison.
Speaker 4: So our brother friends, you know, joining us our friends. That's what we do on this show. That's what they say, y'all all about your friends. Y'all don't have me on the show. You have is your friends on the show. But we got friends that do a lot of important things. And our brother we are in the trenches all the time. We don't he does not need a long introduction. If you don't know who passed, Jamal Bryant is at this point in your life, God help you. I was in church a few weeks ago, months ago, a couple months ago, and I was so embarrassed by my behavior. When I left that church, I couldn't believe I cried and yelled and cut up the way that I did at New Birth Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia, in Lathonia, Okay.
Speaker 1: In the in the community with the people.
Speaker 4: And let me just say real quick, we are extremely proud of you and what you've been able to do.
Speaker 1: Jamal. You know you have.
Speaker 4: We've been there with you through so many different phases of your life.
Speaker 1: You know I have. It's been many, It's been many.
Speaker 4: But but what I do, I don't even mean all of the stuff, because you know, I get the fighting and cussing people out because I can talk different from you.
Speaker 1: You I ain't. I'm not a clergy woman, so.
Speaker 4: I say shits and ass and mfs and everything when they mess with you. But what I mean is that your ministry has expanded extraordinarily in terms of how you know when you you you've always used whatever resources you had to do as much as you can do. But now we're seeing you literally use new birth, you using do they know you using them at that church to do go this this incredible work, community work in a way that I just think it's just so marvelous. And so I just want to say, because we never really give one another our flowers as we should, I'm really really proud of what you're doing there in Georgia, and.
Speaker 6: Thank you for being my second sister entertainment. Yes, yes, it's taking through.
Speaker 5: Both of you all, but we were gonna have I know you got a book coming out, but we're gonna have to write a book probably after about ten people.
Speaker 4: We have the way until people well, you know what in my book, I say that I talked in a few places, I say I would tell you who did this thing to me, or I would tell you who said this, but I can't because they're still alive.
Speaker 1: So when it soon soon come listen.
Speaker 6: We can't cancel Black History Month twice.
Speaker 1: Right, yes we will.
Speaker 4: Everybody don't need to know everything that had happened, right, So anyway, thank you for joining us today. We wanted to jump on and really talk about our most recent efforts, which you know I have been saying over and over to the many people who I think have some either disconnect from history, either they don't know, they don't want to know, or they are purposely distorting history. When we talk about diversity, equity, and inclusion and how it all came about, we know that. And you know this from working in the NAACP and working with alongside so many organizations. And of course we all, whether we directly associate or understand or come straight out of the Rainbow Push Coalition, we all know the work that Reverend Jackson and people like him were doing when we were kids to ensure that there was access for black folks within these corporate spaces. And it was not It wasn't work that just happened overnight. White people didn't just wake up one day and say, oh, we like black people and we just gonna open up our boards and open up the shelves and give more jobs and spend more money and donate more resources. That didn't happen overnight. It was a struggle. It was a fight, and we know from doctor King and others, but we in our time. I would say that Reverend Jackson is one of the individuals that I watched literally kicked down doors of major corporations to provide opportunities for people. And it was little ladies like my mother and maybe you know aunts grandmothers who were out there protesting day and night, that didn't have resources, They didn't have millions of dollars, they didn't.
Speaker 1: Have social media.
Speaker 4: But if they knew that a particular corporation was disrespecting someone or some part of our community, them people held the line day and night, They boycotted, they did whatever they had to do. And it wasn't about one business. It was about access. It was about ensuring that you do not have You don't letting people know you don't have the right to set up a business in our community, and then we can't get jobs there. We can't be on the board, we can't have any influence on what happens within these corporations, within these businesses. And so when I hear people saying to hell with DEI doesn't need to be reimagined. Absolutely, should it be, you know, the twenty first century version of it. Certainly all of that, you know, have other people benefited, certainly, but we should never desecrate and dismiss the work that was done in order to get us to where we were just a couple of weeks ago. So I just wanted to put that on the table, and I know you can speak to that. And so here we are in this moment where companies are beginning to, in our judgment, power to Donald Trump and the Maga trump Ism, this new culture that they are are trying to shape in America. And we see companies companies that our people have found as a home. So Target, for one, is a place that black women go to and stay for four hours.
Speaker 3: We do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so you know when we see Target as one of those companies that it's said that they are rolling back their DEI stuff and they're going to be moved being away from some of what we know them to be and how we became sort of partners with Target in the first place. There are people who are very upset about it, people who have decided that they will never I see people saying they wouldn't care what we tell them, They ain't walking back in Target for the rest of their well, for whatever amount of time. And so I wonder, you know, for you, what does this moment mean? Why are you so passionate about it? There's so many fights going on, but this one is important to us, and I'm sure that it has a lot to do with sort of the history of how we got our beginnings in the civil rights movement.
Speaker 5: The heartbeat, to make a mice of what we have done has really centered around aggressive policing and not so much about the next phase of civil rights, which is civil silver rights. Is that this is a critical moment I believe for the revival of the movement and.
Speaker 6: A resurgence of the relevance of the Black church.
Speaker 5: A lot of gen zs and alphas can't tell you the names of the heads of historic civil rights organizations or of pastors, and so this is really bringing to bayar those of us who have gotten comfortable and rested on our laurels until it became iamic uh. And so I think that we really are going to have to be vigilant, but we're gonna have to be patient. We've got along four years and so much has been thrown out in the first two weeks. They're talking about before this week ends dismantling the Department of Education and putting them back to the States. The Secretary of State Rubio is talking about how it is that other countries will house our undocumented citizens, residents, and even some Americans. There's so many fights that are getting ready to come that the President has mastered the art of confusion, throwing so many things at one time that we're.
Speaker 6: Going to really have to be focused on what we focus on definitely.
Speaker 3: You know, in this moment, I've been saying for the last two weeks that this is just different to me, Like we've been around and we've been fighting in this movement. You guys have been doing it way longer than me. And maybe it's just me, but I feel like the way that this this attack and the way that these attacks like you know, the art of confusion, and it's so many different ones that one time you can't put the fire out. It's like different holes in the boat and you're trying to put one little cover one up. It just feels different to me. So I want to ask you that I want you to give me your opinion on how it feels.
Speaker 2: Does it feel the same.
Speaker 5: It's just like it fels like I'm watching black and white footage. Fel like I am some way in a time capsule, stuck on a bus stop between Salm and Montgomery, I feel like, really, we're doing the electric slide backwards, that all of the progress that was made before we got here we are now having to defend. They're gutting out the Civil Rights Act, they're trying to ban books, trying to stop the teaching of our history, stuff that we thought was long past behind us. To have to roll up our sleeves this is a terrible rerun. Well, we already know the story because we watched this movie before, and so having to fight it again is unnerving. But it is also focusing because we know what has to have. We've got to unify, we have to be unintimidated, we've got to walk with carriage. We've got to know that we're on the side of right even when the majority is wrong. And so that's where I feel like we are.
Speaker 4: And you know, and what I hear you saying is exactly what I believe and what I have attempted to articulate to folks who are like, well, why are we boycotting you know this particular company, or you guys are doing a fast why are we and you can talk a little bit about that, please, you know, why not all the companies? Why not do this? Why not go pick it outside the White House? Why not do this thing for me? With us not being able to And when I say us, I'm talking about the country not being able to vote for in the midterm elections for the next two years. Then you won't be able to do anything about Donald Trump for four years. Right now, it seems that our economic power, as you said, silver rights, is going to be the most important tool we can use to show our protests to what we see going on around us. I'm not saying that we shouldn't do other things. I'm not saying we shouldn't be on the streets. I see people in California and other places rising up, and I'm glad to see that. But I think that when and we have, you know, our spending power, what is it more than one point four trillion dollars a year, I think we can speak pretty loudly with how we spend our money or not where we spend our money or where we don't. And also our physical presence. You know, some people say, well, go into the store and buy certain things off the shelves, and I understand, you know, not wanting to see black businesses suffer. We have some solutions to that, but I don't even know that.
Speaker 1: I know. For me, I couldn't.
Speaker 4: I would not even walk inside of a place where I know that at one point you told me that George Floyd could have been your worker, and that your heart was hurt, and you as a CEO wanted to be a partner with the community. And now all of a sudden, we shift all the way to the point where you don't even want to report on the report card from the Human Rights Commission to tell us that you still have are sticking to your original no values.
Speaker 1: There's something wrong with that.
Speaker 4: So do you see this as a larger part of the movement or do you feel like it's just one thing that we just need to get rid of one company and move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't think that it is an incident as much as we are seeing a culture not evolving but regressing, and so you're getting ready to see it because, to be clear, as you have spoken to so clearly, it is not just Target, It's also Walmart, It's also Ford Motor Company, is also McDonald's. It is also so many other organizations who we feel portrayed by because we've given our loyalty through our dollars, and so we're having to reevaluate relationships and see the ones that are one sided and those that are toxic. And so this is really puberty for our people because our voice is getting ready.
Speaker 6: To change, and our skin is clear enup.
Speaker 5: We can see the tree from the forest, and so I think that there's gonna be a real demarcation for those who are with us and those who are not.
Speaker 3: So I just want you to speak to because we have these conversations every day with our community. Two things d I don't help us, So what are we fighting for it for?
Speaker 2: Right? And then it's what do we boycott?
Speaker 3: Why we got a boycott, why we don't do this, and why we boycotts don't work? You know, I want you to speak to those two things because these are conversations that we have and I want you to speak to them and break them down.
Speaker 2: And if the terms the only way.
Speaker 1: You can give me some clip, I need a clip, I need a good.
Speaker 5: So to be clear, I want to go backwards our diversity, equity and inclusion. The number one recipient is not black people, it is white women. The group that has benefited the most has been Latino community. I got to add as an asterisk that if it is built off of meritocracy, as the presidency just it should be as Elon Musk infers that it should be, then the main recipient should be black women. Black women hold sixty percent of all master's degrees in this country. So we understand clearly and fluently that we have not been the full beneficiaries. It is part of our responsibility, and our singular focus of target is not saying ignore the other ones, but we wanted to make sure that this institution, because they're publicly traded, we can track the impact, we can see where our growth is, and we can count our dollars because they are a publicly traded company. And so it does not say that we're not going to get around the mcdillards. That I ain't saying we're not coming around the Walmart, because we shall if they do not come to their consciousness the thing that is so critical for us that we can never forget. And I am a son of the movement, I'm a disciple of the movement. I got to say it to you, and it's read that you're here just saying the one doctor King's speeches that broke Montgomery the one Ralph Abernathy's speeches that broke Montgomery. It was the economic impact. And once they broke the economic impact of that city, that's when they came to the tape. I don't believe under this administration we can bring the best orders in the world. But we saw to Mik and Mice at the inauguration. The front roar of the inauguration was not the cabinet, It was not international diplomats, it was business people. Because the President was saying, what I respect is money. And if we've got the twelfth largest consumer base in the world, if we don't use it collectively, then we're going to miss it. I'm telling you that the twelve million dollars is what Roland Martin suggests that is spent on the data that he has found.
Speaker 6: To Mika and I haven't seen.
Speaker 5: It yet, but that's what Roland Martin has reported on his show, that we're spending twelve million dollars a day. Let's say that that's right. Let's says all. Let's say it's wrong. But you all, I got a g D. Y'all do twelve million by fifty by three hundred and sixty five, that's a whole lot of money.
Speaker 1: That's a whole lot of money.
Speaker 6: That's a whole lot of money.
Speaker 4: That's a whole lot of money for three months, for five months. And by the way, even if it was only one million dollars, you don't deserve it if you don't want to respect me and maintain the values that you told me you had, so regardless of it, and yes, absolutely, our impact is important that we need to be able to measure it, but we also ought to be taking on a posture of respect me, respect me, right, Yeah, And so that's why I wouldn't go back to Target, just because I know the game that's being played, and I think to your point, one at a time, right, we don't need to give you. Know. Yes, people are saying I won't order anything from Amazon. I ain't going back to McDonald's. I don't go to Starbucks. I got a list. I'm off Starbucks, Nike, Gucci, we're still trying to get you with us.
Speaker 6: On Gucci support da da.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well that's fine, that's fine. That's why we kind of all right, all right, all right, it's cool. So we I don't do we Gucci. I don't wear blinds Yaga like I drop brands all the time, so it's not really hard for me. And I do also support black brands. You wear a lot of stuff. Why don't you talk about some of the black brands that you support that help you with your wardrobe and your jewelry.
Speaker 5: Listen, all of the jewelry is from Ghanna. This is from the Year of the Return.
Speaker 6: Go back to Ghana. But I always support mini vendors.
Speaker 5: Whether it's a glass Bow, whether it's Starstruck that makes sweatsuits, I gotta get one from ice, all of them in every different way. And that's why I partnered in this past with the US Black Chamber of Commerce. It is a digital directory of thirty thousand black vendors. Whether it's cologne, whether it's black soak, whether it's incense, whether it's paper towel, thirty thousand. Those of you looking for black vendors in any area, you got to go to buy black dot com. Go to buy black dot com. That's where I go. That's where I get my children stuff from. That's where I get that backpacks. You got to do it, and so as much as I can, I try to support black vendors in every area of my life.
Speaker 1: Last thing before you go.
Speaker 4: I just wanted you to talk about some of the goals of our fat you're doing a fast, which I think you should also talk about that, because you're being very specific when you talk about the reemergence of the Black church as being at the forefront of the movement, and so therefore is a certain type of language that you're using and a way that you're getting people organized to talk about and then also talk about the goals of what it is that we're attempting to accomplish.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 5: First of all, this is the largest demographic mice in the history of black people in America. This is the largest demographic of Black people.
Speaker 6: Who don't go to church, the largest.
Speaker 5: Demographic of our history of being in this country who don't subscribe to organized religion. And it is the largest demographic who identified themselves as atheists. They have lost respecting honor for the church and for pastors, and so I want to go a different path on.
Speaker 6: A spiritual journey.
Speaker 5: So it is not just basting from target, but forty days of prayer for Christians to go back in a prayer posture, to pray about what's taking place in the nation and how it is that we spiritually confront it. So that's why I chose that Linton season is from ash Wednesday to Good Friday leading up to Easter Sunday. Is I wanted this to be a spiritual journey for people. What we are asking for is because the Saying's true power concedes nothing without a demand.
Speaker 6: My son to Miking, myself were.
Speaker 5: In Minneapolis when George Floyd. After George Floyd was killed, and Target made a commitment, a two billion dollar commitment to undergird black businesses drum roll and to do it by December twenty twenty five. So for you to break that commitment in January before the deadline of that fruit, I'm asking you to honor the commitment you made to George Floyd's family and to the African American community. We're also asking that you would that not you, but that Target would help partner with ten HBCUs to help them learn in their business department how to scale their businesses and how to do retail. Eight out of ten black businesses a run out of people's houses and they only have one employee.
Speaker 6: How do I scale how to go to retail?
Speaker 5: Because where we have been scrammed, Black is where do we redirect people? And with a trillion dollars, we're a spending power and we don't have a black department store that direct people in means that we've got to do a different kind of job. Our third is we're asking for Target to do a quarter of a billion dollars in black banks, because these black businesses can scale if they don't have a black black bank backing them and pushing them to get to the next level. So we're asking them to honor what their original commitment is and what it is that they were doing prior to the emergence of Donald John Trump, and to hold fast to the commitment that they made to black people.
Speaker 4: And you know, I saw that you and Senator Nina Turner. Let's give her some love as well, the Honorable Senator.
Speaker 1: Nina Turner.
Speaker 4: She was talking about ensuring that Target restores their original DEI language and that they would state emphatically that they are continuing with their di program. And I think that's important because as someone else said to me, and you know, you can tell me what you think about this, well, maybe they have to change the name so that they are not targeted pun intended. But why is it that JP Morgan Chase and others can is it J pul Morgan Chase, It's Costco And there's others on the list that are maintaining their divert Ben and Jerry's. We love Ben and Jerry's that are maintaining their diversity, equity and inclusion language and they're saying we stand and buy it. So how why is it that we should be we should give I mean target a pass. Do you feel that, oh, well, maybe they should just change the language just so that the administration won't look at them as being a bad apple.
Speaker 5: No, I think they need to go ten toes down and reinforce the language so that we see an impact and the difference for the black community as well as I don't want the jobs just to be entry level, but in those management positions, I think we got to turn the heat up a little bit because they got away with just getting by.
Speaker 6: As you just said, they're.
Speaker 5: Not reporting to the HRC, and I think that that needs to be added as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, same here.
Speaker 4: So I thank you for making it very clear because there's some people, and you know, some of our own people can be very confused when it didn't come from their mouths first. But I think that this is a space for all of us. Know one of us knows how to do or can eat first of all. Let me put this put it this way. The algorithm does not even allow us to get the information to all of our people. So for all those who are believers, if you're a pastor and you're trying to figure out, don't wait for somebody. Do like Michelle Obama said, what did she say, consider yourself invited.
Speaker 1: You are invited into it right now. We need you sign up.
Speaker 4: They can go to targetfast dot org.
Speaker 1: Target.
Speaker 6: Let me insert this to MAKA.
Speaker 5: As a people, we've got to understand you don't need singular leadership, that's right?
Speaker 6: Or do you need singular vision? That's right?
Speaker 5: And so different people are doing different approaches and different tactics around the Target Fast. It's towards the end goal. I stand by the honorable Nat Turner. I'm walking alongside uh and grateful to do it in a different kind of past capacity. My focus is to drive and to undergo heard the Black church community as much as we can. But this is not in conflict or in competition. It is in complement with what my dear sisters already started.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we give her credit for a starting because we know to start is not always easy. It's you know, all the doubts in your head, what they're gonna say, who's gonna be with me?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: Will we fail?
Speaker 4: But and so when she called me and asked me uh to join her, I said yes first, and then we figure it all out as we go because I know that she. I know that Nina Turn is somebody who loves black people. She's brilliant, She's a brilliant organizer. And I think what you've said here is so true. It's not gonna be the best orator. It's gonna be the best organizers.
Speaker 1: That's what. That's what's gonna matter in this.
Speaker 6: On the shirt.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, So it is what it is.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you, my brother, for always being steadfast. When we talked about Ben and Jerry, I laughed because my last argument that I had in the comments was about you being in the ice cream shop.
Speaker 1: Was the ice cream shot, you know.
Speaker 2: And I had to fight next thing.
Speaker 3: You know, you gotta you gotta a side, You got somebody right by your side. You got a life, man, You got a life, mate all over, shout out the pastor Brian, our brother. See he breaks it down on the way, Only he can't because you'll be trying to say, I'll be trying to get it. But and then I was like that because I watched Jamal. I wanted to ask him, but you know, he had like going on. But I was watching his interview with Cam Newton and Kim new was talking about yeah, he was talking, Yeah, he was talking about black on black violence, and he broke it down to the simplest compound to where he said because Kim was like, well, you know a white man had to tell me that. You know, we focus on what happens with the police killing my people, but you know most of the killing comes within our community, So why we don't focus on that? And Jamal broke him down so politely and calmly and with facts and and eloquently that came. Was just sitting there, Okay, I just I'm just saying, listen, I'm just saying, that's what I wanted to hear, and that's what he did.
Speaker 2: Just now.
Speaker 4: So shout out to past, help the brother.
Speaker 2: Help the brother. Do you think he needs more help?
Speaker 1: I'm not going to give him a opinion that man ain't done nothing to me.
Speaker 2: So some of his opinions.
Speaker 4: Just just you know, he's just an interesting individual. But you know what, it seems that, you know, people like him so good.
Speaker 3: Like his honesty, right, even if it's not. I don't agree with a lot of things he says, but I enjoyed the honesty and his willingness to actually listen. Right, So when you when you have a conversation with somebody who's actually listened, even if their opinion is so off, and it actually listened to yours and they don't just he just because that's what I think, he's very intelligent, right, because he just doesn't listen just to respond and just ignore you, like you'll say something like I was watching him with the lady doctor Brant, and they were having a conversation, and every time she said something, you could tell that it sparked something that he was thinking it was okay. And even though they probably he didn't probably change she didn't change his mind completely, but she made him rethink things. It made him, you know, restructure and say that. So well, maybe I didn't think about it that way, you know, so I enjoy that part about it. But it's definitely some things I could see when I'm listening to him, I'll be like, yeah, Tomiga to me, wouldn't be okay with this right here, So I get what you saying right now, but shout out to him and brings me to my I don't get it right because we talked about things that you don't. So look, I I love Kanye like like I loved the Kanye that it used to be.
Speaker 2: Right, there was there was this college drop.
Speaker 3: There was this young, vibrant young man who was just the most creative artist, who was passionate, who was honest, who was raw, who was he didn't pretend to be this tough guy, you know, he didn't pretend to be a part of anything.
Speaker 2: He was his own individual self right, and we loved that.
Speaker 3: I love to hear him say things that the average person wouldn't say, right.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 3: He was talking about he was surrounded by all of the gangsters and state property being in them, and he said that he told him, y'all not gonna disrespect me.
Speaker 2: I know I can't beat you, but I'm just not gonna let you.
Speaker 3: Like it was just it was a young a boy, but that was a man, but he wasn't the toughest guy, but he just had heart, right, And I love that this new Kanye and what he's morphed into is is kind of It's just depressing to me, you know it really it really is right because it's not like and and the thing that I don't get, right, it's not even just that he's morphed into this.
Speaker 2: It is the fact that the culture embraces it so much.
Speaker 3: Right, They don't matter how disrespectful it is, how unrealistic it is, how demoralizing it is to him and everybody around people seem to gravitate to it. I was watching him tweet on x and talking about Kamala Harris and talking about how he wanted to f her but then she lost, so he doesn't f losers, right, And I'm saying to myself, what would make a man get on on the platform and talk about the form of vice president of black woman like that?
Speaker 2: What would make you think that was okay? Right?
Speaker 3: Like and believe that he might be dealing with mental health. But if he's dealing with mental health, then we got to treat it like that, right.
Speaker 2: We can't. We can't keep enabling.
Speaker 4: A lot of people that agree with that, they agree with that behavior. I mean, I just think that what you're trying to reach for has been shown to you over and over again that even some of the men that you have once respected, people who you you know, have broke bread with, done music with, spent time with, you know, just respected in general. I think that the most recent election proved to you that they hate women.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just.
Speaker 2: It's not even so much I believe I think it is. I think.
Speaker 1: They have been because.
Speaker 3: There's a demographic of men that hate women, and there's no other explanation for based on what they've shown and what they continue to do. You know, I just watched him bring his wife, you know, to the to the the red carpet, and just had the lady naked.
Speaker 4: On the well, I'm not gonna say had the lady oh he was, Well, I refuse and the one have been the number of people whoever to and by the way, I agree with you that a man should be a head of his house. That's what say. And so a man does set the tone.
Speaker 3: But the thing is that you want to tell you what I know it was stage because he bragged about it. He went on the next day, and he bragged about the fact that her the views of people talking about her was more than the views of the Grammys, and it was some type of accolade for him, like he was excited to do it.
Speaker 4: I understand what you're saying, but I'm just saying I want to be real, real careful with language, because I have watched in the comments section a number of people say she's being forced. I don't believe victim and he's making her and I don't believe, and well, let me say like this, it could be. It could be that she's that they both have severe mental health problems, because that's what I think is going on. And you know, perhaps there's an influence over her that he holds and she's doing things that maybe outside of who she truly is.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I never saw this girl before this, and I know other people have because she's not just a new person.
Speaker 1: She's I think she might have been a model or something like that.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but there has to be some personal responsibility as.
Speaker 2: As a woman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and as a it's not even really just in a response to you, but I'm just saying as a woman or as a individual, you have to be able to take some responsibility for your own actions. Everything can't just be attributed to the black man forced made you know, and and and did whatever to you know. To get a person to act outside of themselves, we have to also look at people and say, the attention, the likes, the views, whatever weird ways that they go about getting it, they appreciate some of it, and if not, I guess we'll find out. But what I don't like is that in x amount of time, when she wants to try to return to a private life or return to, you know, a life as a victim, that all of a sudden we don't assign any responsibility.
Speaker 1: Is he wrong?
Speaker 4: You already know we got plenty to say about that. Absolutely, this is his environment. He's bringing his wife there. He should be a protector of his wife and all of that. Yes, I think, you know, being sexy we saw as somebody sent us. I think LaToya sent it to us to show Sierra and Rihanna and different ones who have worn very sheer pieces in the past. But we all know that what Bianca had on the other day didn't come on that was that was a whole difference.
Speaker 2: It was a stocking sleeve.
Speaker 3: And I don't believe there was any undergardments and just did I didn't understand it.
Speaker 4: But I just still want I just still want her to have some responsibility.
Speaker 3: She's a grown woman, like I mean, there was no there was no handcuffs and there was no order to I didn't even hear the man saying a word.
Speaker 1: No, they spoke.
Speaker 4: They I zoomed on in because I wanted to see what the energy was. He was saying something to her, she was saying something. He sets up and she was like, yeah, you know whatever, and she did her thing.
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 4: He could have said to her, you know what I told you, you better do it. I can't say that he didn't do that.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think he said it.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying he could have.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, I'm saying that I'm not about to be here saying what he's doing or not doing to her. I'm saying that she has a personal responsibility as well to not go on a red carpet knowing that young people, you know, elderly people are watching the Grammars. It is a family occasion. The Grammys is not for twenty one and older. You could be fourteen, fifteen, thirteen, twelve, whatever age. In fact, I don't know if she wants us to say her name, so I won't. But one of our friend's children was literally peeking off the side of the off the red carpet and saw this happen. So I'm not I refuse to take any responsibility from her. But you wasn't saying that we should.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying I'm just My whole point was, I just don't understand how we don't watch this man spiraling right, just mentally spiraling, just you know, out of control, and we embracing it and we actually egging it on. And it's just like for me, it's just like I'm not entertained. I'm just not entertained by crassness.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. It's not even classy to me.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know what I'm saying, like just saying anything out your mouth just to get people to pay attention doing anything like that's not that's not that's not no free like what they say the free thinker is, it's classless. You know, like if you just if you have to say and do the bottom the most bottom feed and ship to get somebody's attention. It's just like and it's not And I don't want to and I don't want to seem like I have any hate or anything towards the mand Just like, but what what are you actually trying to accomplish? You know, you've equated money, if you've equated money with some level of honor and dignity, Like everything now is I got more money and I'm a billionaire, and I'm this and that, like there you to be a Kanye that had a moral compass, right, But but.
Speaker 4: People listening to you say this, they're they will say to you that he became enlightened. I mean after his first bout, his first try and not try, he was very successful, that he learned.
Speaker 1: About who really holds the purse.
Speaker 4: Strings, the pocketbook strings, and how far you as a black entertainer, black design or black whatever can go without the interference of all the different elements that we know of, right, we know it all exists. There are people who is a small amount of people who literally hold all the wealth and they hold the control over whether what artists make it, which ones don't, Who gets the market and dollars who don't You know when they decide that you've gone too far, said too much, did a thing, they tossed you out. And people know that, and people are looking for a way to make to bring their.
Speaker 1: Voice uh and and their uh.
Speaker 4: They want to they want to challenge systems and challenge things that they see in front of them that's wrong. And so whether he's saying it properly or not, they just admire a person that's bold enough to just say whatever the fuck, even if he's saying poopity.
Speaker 1: Scoop, Hello scoop.
Speaker 4: Even if that's what he's saying, Okay, that becomes bold.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess, but that's what I'm saying. And I just that's why I said, I don't get it. It's not for me, it's not, but it's obviously people are getting it because you know, right after that he had his concert and some little some little dark room whatever, and it looked like it was packed. People enjoyed it. You know, it was a lot of people there. So I'm just for me. I'm just like my mother said one time, like we always say, my mother said, as you say, mind, I don't understand, and then she said they could build a whole new world off the ship. You don't understand, and I really believe that this is the world that she was talking about because I don't understand none of this. It doesn't make sense to me. You know, there's no there's no level of the quorum. There's there's nothing like and it's like we really in revelations when there's no the quorum. There is no measuring stick, there's no boundaries, there's nothing. It's just a free for all. It's just I don't even get it. So, you know, shout out to everybody that do get it, though you know I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. All you get it.
Speaker 4: I'm oh, you know, I'm well passed. I don't understand anything. Somebody said that in the commons section. They said, I just don't get nothing no more. I just don't know what at this point.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 1: It's just it wasn't just that, it.
Speaker 2: Was so many things.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, listen, this world ain't from as you get older, and that's what happens with age, right, Like you watched I watched my mother and my grandmother feel like this world wasn't for them, Like they just was like this, I don't fit in this because none of this it don't make no sense to me, you know, so I guess we moving towards that.
Speaker 1: You know, Wow, it's still gonna be for me.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be You're gonna find you, not me. I'm gonna find my space. I'm gonna get me a space.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get the young, the young, these people crazy.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I like constant like that. I like that kind of energy, positive energy like that. Those the young kids I want to see. I want to see people like that that seem humble, that seem happy, that want to bring joy, that still have you know, he still seems like he has ethics. You know, he still has principles. Yeah, you know what I'm saying everything about that's what I want to see. So I have faith in that, and I got my young kings this on their way up, So I have faith that they're gonna change the dynamics.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna look and say, that's what I was talking about.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying that they will.
Speaker 3: Sure that brings us at the end of another episode of tm I make sure you follow us on YouTube at TMI Show PC or on Instagram at TMI Underscore show let us know what you want to hear, who you want us to interview, Let us know you love us, you hate us.
Speaker 1: Whatever it is, we want the input.
Speaker 3: You tell me about it because they hate on my Listen my Instagram paged crazy.
Speaker 2: Ain't nothing behaving it, but I love it.
Speaker 3: Keep on coming, show us, show us the hate and show us the love at the same time, and continue to make us the number one podcast in the world. TMI, I'm not gonna always be right, tamik it d Mallories, I canna always be wrong, but we will both.
Speaker 2: Always you know what I mean. Always be authentic peace. That's how we own it.