Speaker 1: I am all in you.
Speaker 2: I Am all in with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody listen before we get sorry, I want to tell you I'm gonna be at Indie Popcorn in Indianapolis, Indiana, August twenty five through twenty seven. So come on down, let's have some gilmore fun. Love seeing you guys, and uh, we're gonna have a good time. Okay, sorry to make Amy laugh. It's hurting. It's side splitting. It's like like at this point it's like actual side splitting.
Speaker 2: My side hurts, and no one realize side hurts. Yes, no one realizes how much fun we have before we go on, like just getting set up.
Speaker 1: If we recorded that, we could release those as different episodes of different podcasts. Maybe you know who knows.
Speaker 3: The conversations we have before we go on, my side are going are so good and like Danielle just got back from her old sound so it's just like.
Speaker 2: Pathoic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we cover a lot of ground very quickly. Anyway. I Heart Radio one eleven Productions. This is uh, we're getting to the end of season five here, episode twenty so.
Speaker 4: We have two more after this.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, two more. It's it's it's two more in your O mama, right, you're going you.
Speaker 4: Like how I move my yoga ball out of the zoom video. It was just right here, and I was like, I'm gonna move that.
Speaker 1: I was going to mention that it didn't need to be moved.
Speaker 2: I'm not happy that season five is almost over because I actually think season five could be one of the best seasons.
Speaker 1: It's very strong. Yeah, it's very strong.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, I mean, we all know. Season seven isn't quite what the first six were like. There's no amy and dance.
Speaker 1: Like old Judgment. I have not laid laying or laid eyes on it.
Speaker 2: I have high hopes for season six.
Speaker 1: Really season i've ever seen.
Speaker 2: We just I love Season five. I don't know that it's going to happen for you with that Scott, But.
Speaker 4: Yeah, four is still my favorite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's fourth great.
Speaker 2: But they're all amazing.
Speaker 1: I'd tell you this Huntsburger infusion is really it's making it rock for me. I really like it.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: I mean, Luca Laurel are taking a little bit of a backseat, I think.
Speaker 2: But uh, hell, only a little bit, Only a little.
Speaker 1: Bit only a little bit. Yeah, but anyway, so let's do some synopsisizations while we can. And we do have yoga balls, and we have food going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got it.
Speaker 2: Squeeze, I had chocolate chips. I had chocolate chips, but I ate them. Daniel Scott's got Hello fresh, Hello Fresh.
Speaker 1: Oh, I say I too. I have lots of that every night.
Speaker 2: The pregnant lady's eating healthy nuts and the old ladies eating chocolate chip.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, this is season five, episode twenty, How Many crow POGs to Keep cod air date May third, two thousand and five. After learning of Rory's dinner with the Huntsburgers, Emily and Richard and buy her and Logan to dine with them, prompting a suspicious lure Light to tag along. Also, Rory receives a stressful introduction to the newspaper business courtesy of Logan's hard driving dad, and Luke persuades Taylor to close the museum.
Speaker 1: And my apologies, I did not introduce my intrepid crew. Danielle romel Amy Sugarman tarasued is in hours Zona doing something incredibly special that they won't tell me what she's doing. I've been trying to.
Speaker 2: Get very cold there. It's only one hundred and eight.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say she got out of the hot weather and just went to cool down in Arizona. So, anyway, what do we think of this episode? Gang m hmm.
Speaker 2: I love I mean, I really do. I love There's there's some flags. I've got a couple of flags, but I do love it, Danielle.
Speaker 4: I mean, as much as I kind of despise Logan, I like this the drama that he's giving me, So I'm going to take it with a grain of salt and at least say, like, yeah, he gives me some good TV watching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I thought a very very good episode, very strong episode. It didn't didn't have me belly laughing until Emily dropped the bomb on her new maid about the fragrant lilies. Are you insane?
Speaker 2: This is the only episode where there are things about Logan I don't like, but for the most part, I still love him. Although, did you guys notice that the open with the roombas was so quick? It's the quickest open I think we've had in the series.
Speaker 1: I think it was an attempt at a very clever product placement.
Speaker 4: Do you think you know that must have been like the new technology of two thousand and five. Though you know they're like throwing a roomba, people will be impressed.
Speaker 2: And also if Lurla is opening in kind of broke, she's not getting a rumba. They weren't cheap. They aren't cheap, but maybe she got it for Christmas from the guild.
Speaker 1: For Yeah, I don't remember seeing any of your checks from Rumba. So it's like, the heck was that?
Speaker 2: It was so quick?
Speaker 1: Right? It was quick?
Speaker 2: Seriously, so I think that they had so much meat on the in the episode that they had to tighten up the open.
Speaker 1: The old saying confusion is the soul of wit? What what? What? What is that? What was that open? It was mercifully, mercifully brief.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it wasn't It wasn't great. It was just them watching room buds.
Speaker 1: On the phone, very happy to get to I'm very happy to get to the Carol King song.
Speaker 2: They weren't even in the same room watching the room, but they're like just silent.
Speaker 1: It's like, when have you ever seen this silence? Just like staring at.
Speaker 2: Something but odd. We got to the credits and then things picked up quickly, although I don't know why Paris was in her towel singing. I mean they let her sing for a long time. I'm walking on sunshine, like for a long time.
Speaker 4: It's like I never thought I would hear Paris sing those words.
Speaker 2: And they're both happy, and Rory looked so cute, and Logan was at the door and he had his weird sweater with the squares on it.
Speaker 1: I gotta, yeah, let's throw a flag on the sweater. Sorry, that was the oddist. I mean, I couldn't stop looking at it. It was just such a train rod.
Speaker 2: Because Logan is like pretty bay delicious and has great style, so I'm not sure he would have that was more of a Rory Lorelei sweater with all those squares.
Speaker 1: Was that some kind of a thing in the Ivy League at that time for boys that wear that sweater? I mean I must have been.
Speaker 2: I think it was just your stylist picking that. Okay, and Paris is in love, so you know, there we go, and then we get sort of the scene in the bedroom talking about the internship.
Speaker 4: And her obsession over Dad.
Speaker 5: I was like, Rory, yeah, she's the room.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she's blowing it fast, and Logan just sort of staring at her like, oh God, what have I gotten myself into here? You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was This is one of my first flags. Nobody's doing that, Okay.
Speaker 4: It it goes back to what I was saying about the house. You know, when she goes to the house, she's like whoa, Oh my gosh, it's like the same thing with the dad, and I'm just like, I need her to be cool for one second, Like she's gotta shape it up because it's just too much.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're nailing it. So because the cringiest, which we'll get to is the first day at the internship, I was like, you're acting a fool and you're not a fool. You're the smartest girl in school, and you're acting like there's so many but words that are coming into my mind like Rory wouldn't act like that. Yeah, So, Scott, what did you think of Rory with Let's go back to just this bedroom and she's just googling the dad. It's just like it.
Speaker 1: It just makes her appear so desperate and so just so needy and so just so stimulated at this opportunity for what it's going to do for her career, and you know, she's not even attempting to uh hide any of it for the for for Logan says, so it doesn't turn him off. I mean it's it's it's it's like there's this complete like she completely dismisses any of the social mores that one would want to exist within so as not to your boyfriend. I mean it's like.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and it's not like she's never had a boyfriend before. She has had boyfriends. My thing is like, if you were Logan, would you be like, are you just dating me to get to my dad?
Speaker 1: Totally exactly.
Speaker 2: It was just weird. Like it's one thing is she's like, you know, I'm really appreciative of the internship your dad's giving me, whether it was for good or bad reasons, any tips like simmer down, girl, Like it's just and especially when he's like, you know, she says, oh, tell me some things about your dad. All I know about my dad is he says, Logan, you're not living up to your potential, Like does your hand to shut up?
Speaker 4: You know, like maybe some gloating about his dad when Logan clearly has some kind of weird relationship with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like Danielle, you do the impression so well of how do it again?
Speaker 4: Just ringey, She's she's major cringe.
Speaker 2: I Google, you know, and it's just the same way on the first day of the internship, I was like, where's Rory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, yeah, she kind of lost it throughout the.
Speaker 2: Whole She's been nervous before, but like not like that, and even on like.
Speaker 1: That, it's you know, it's it's it's like she was more her energy sort of ratcheted up to Laurelize energy. That's kind of how Laurel I would act in a situation, you know, and a kind of you know what I mean. I mean she became kind of Laurel I like, uh in her attempt to do the comedy, you know, with the pace of it, with the with the energy and all that stuff. It really wasn't election. It really wasn't right, right, I'm trying to she kind of came out of Karens yes.
Speaker 2: And that's why it was so uncomposed.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, I'm trying to like make it a somewhat relatable to like today.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: It would be as if like you're dating somebody and you're the person that you're dating is like, so I Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Speaker 1: Stock to your dad.
Speaker 4: And like, oh my god, he likes to fish, he likes he worked out here, you went to here for college. It's like, oh, like that would turn me off so fast, like so fun.
Speaker 2: The thing Logan likes about Rory, right, the reason Rory's been able to sort of get Logan to, you know, commit, is that they are on equal footing, like they have that ping pong like we've always talked about they are equals, and now she's like a puppy dog like Logan, tell me about your dad. And it's just like, oh stop, it be cool. Like she shouldn't have even taken this internship, you know what, Like she should have gone with her first gut u. And I get it that Mitcham had that sort of line like why would you turn on this opportunity? She should have been like, bro, I got I'm at the you know, knob Hill Gazette. I don't need yeah internship.
Speaker 4: She was cool for a second when she turned it down, and then oh yeah, it went out the window when she was like oh yeah, you're right, okay, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think many fans will also say, like there's a turn in Rory here, and this is the beginning of sort of a bad trajectory. It's like, I don't like it. That's not the Rory I like.
Speaker 1: But but given all of that, Okay, I still enjoyed watching her go through the episode. I enjoyed the scenes at the office. I was hanging on the edge of my seat to see what was going to happen with Mitchell. Yeah, and and Logan, And I didn't mind it. I like that she took the selfie.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 1: R You know, I didn't know whether to go into the room or not, so she didn't.
Speaker 2: And at the end it's kind of baller because she's got it together. Did you like the.
Speaker 4: Taking off of the shoes you did?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: Not me? Not me either.
Speaker 1: Look, I think I think that stuff harkens back to, you know, nineteen forties filmmaking. I saw Mickey Rooney, I saw all those actresses from back in the day. I say it was that kind of writing.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Like, first of all, I liked her first dress that she held up for Logan way better than the outfit she wore on the first day. And just like she was just too we'll get to it, because I know we're jumping ahead to that scene. But she was just too like Harry or whatever the guy's name was, and she was just too weak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and har and Harry. And I thought that Harry scene was a bit odd because he didn't even look at her. He didn't even notice her. He didn't, you know what I mean. And she was I mean, she was looking great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they don't have a very effective internship program. So I guess if we're going in order, so we go from that scene that made everybody taste vomit in their mouth to Stars Hollow. Now there was a lot happening if you. I don't know if you noticed, but like Rory's walking and there's a car wash going on.
Speaker 1: No, no, Laura, I was sorry, Laura, I was you know. My takeaway from that scene was how great the grass and the shrubs.
Speaker 2: There was a lot sort of.
Speaker 1: Back in burb because I'm thinking that's one hundred degrees.
Speaker 2: I was sure it wasn't Rory walking through and she had a pink owl shirt. That was Laura got, am I crazy? Can someone pull up the scene just so I can be sure?
Speaker 1: No, Laura, I was walking through Stars hollow, and that's when we saw the car wash and we saw the grass and.
Speaker 2: The creepy mannequins.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah, Rory was at work.
Speaker 2: Here's me. Yeah, I might be an idiot, so okay, so we and then oh I know. So then we get Luke going into the mansion museum house and Taylor's under the horse. So that's when you're kind of convincing Taylor shut down this dumb museum and like, I want to buy this house.
Speaker 1: Basically, yeah, his plan, Luke's plan is proceeding. Yeah, he's getting what he wants in a roundabout way, so good for him planting seeds. Right, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Well, right, exactly, we'll see what happens. So then we get Rory at Friday Night dinner and we learn that the Gilmours are losing their minds because they have not reciprocated the invitation quickly enough to Logan. And this scene I fully enjoyed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all the Emily and this episode.
Speaker 1: I think totally they completely stole.
Speaker 2: The And I also loved that at least we got the normal Rory back because she was cool again, and she called Logan about the dinner. She was so cool. Again, she was a Rory we love with him, and she was chill and she's like, I mean, you don't have to do it, and then Logan's so cool being like let's do it.
Speaker 6: Like that.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, here they are, yeah the way I like it.
Speaker 4: That was cute because he was like, what's the chance I can get out of this? And she's like zero and he's like, then let's do it. You know, like that was cute.
Speaker 2: That was cute, and even I think she says I didn't imply the B word like she was just that was cool. She was again you know, they were equal, and it was just back to the Rory I liked. So that one was enjoyable. Then we bopped to the diner and I think Laurel lies there and I think this is where we learn that Rory's gonna go see Lane's band at like oh dark in the morning, right like two in the morning or something.
Speaker 1: Oh was that why she was getting up to Yeah, because.
Speaker 2: She had to go see Lane's fan and Lane was like I missed that, which also doesn't really make sense because like, no band is going on at three when I think bars have to close it too, So it would be like an After Hour's Grave or something. Anyway, And I think we learned there that Rory reveals that they've invited Logan and Lorelai wants to come, which, okay, this is big. She wants to come, and now she's gonna have to like see her parents.
Speaker 1: It was a funny phone call she made. She hesitated and couldn't speak, and that's pretty good. And then that's good. That's good, that's good acting, that's good community.
Speaker 2: And then we learned also that well we knew, but Rory tells Lauraai about the internship, right, I think that there's the reveal there that Mitcham has given her this internship. It might have been in the scene.
Speaker 4: Before, yeah, the scene before, but yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: And Laura Lai. I have to hand it to Laurai. She's appropriately sort of red flagged by everything, like she knows this just isn't good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they dogged their daughter at dinner, I mean in a big way. So right, like, you know, she she's on the warpath man, but she doesn't want to she doesn't want to start a fire, you know, she want to blow up a relationship with Rory or hurt LRORI in any way. So she's in a tough spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah right, it's like.
Speaker 1: Boy, she take over. She took a beaten in this episode too, What to Drink.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that. Those these those scenes were the best of the holdings. So then we get to the scene that just kind of pushed me over the edge when Rory gets to this Danford Eagle Gazette and just sort of acts like a freak is what I wrote.
Speaker 4: Such a freak, like literally such a freak. The shoes set me up, like over the edge.
Speaker 2: Like I was just like, oh, exactly, get it together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's old timey film. That's that's the Golden Age Hollywood. I've seen that a million times in films and take the shoes off.
Speaker 4: I will say it was pretty surprised that Mitcham like actually like acknowledged her.
Speaker 2: At first.
Speaker 4: I thought he was just gonna walk right through and she was gonna be like, I don't know, left in the dush. I mean she kind of was, but like he was like, all right, Rory, follow along, you know, like he actually you ready to shadow me, yeah, which I was like kind of surprised about. I thought he was just gonna like blow over her and make her feel really small.
Speaker 2: Really have any beef about mitcham He was cool doing his job, coming in there running the show. She was what was just oh, it was so uncomfortable, and then she's taking a selfie and then oh something about Mitcham o he hates peas, Like what you know everything about this guy? And then yes I did like when he said you ready to shadow me? And then he disappeared again and she couldn't find it. It was just like she was a fool.
Speaker 4: Shir coffee down, turned around and she was like where did he go? It's like you run around and figure it out. Fine, find him.
Speaker 2: She's way too smart to be this dingus.
Speaker 4: I agree with.
Speaker 1: That, right she was. She was ditsy. Yeah, it was a little ditsy again a nod to oh it.
Speaker 2: Just for me. That was like even cringier than the scene in the dorm room. But I'm still these are my only flags, so I'm still kind of in it. So then we get Lore like calling Emily, which was sort of a funny line because remember she doesn't talk at first, and then like finally she talks, and I think Emily says something this is your idea of a perverted phone call. It's not very good. So I think we get we know, dinner's happening, and.
Speaker 1: Everything's a negotiation to Emily. Yeah, she knows. Emily always seizes the initiative when she's got the advantage and makes a better deal for herself. You know. So she jumped all over that up totally, you show up all coming.
Speaker 4: She's not wrong, right, Like, she's not.
Speaker 1: Wrong, right, she nailed her, she nailed her own daughter. But you know, good, right, Laurel, I had a good reason to do.
Speaker 2: It, crazy like a fox, right, Like she's she knows what she's doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then we go back to the scene with Mitchen, which I thought was even worse. At this point, I'm like, she's act like an idiot. I can't stand it. And then she makes that terrible remark like, oh, if you had just run a four minute mile, like it was.
Speaker 1: Just four minutes, well, let's fast woosh. I thought that was funny.
Speaker 4: Look, it was all funny, but it just made me cringe for Rory.
Speaker 1: You know. Look, yeah you laughed, you enjoyed yourself, you had a good life. But we didn't like it. We were cringing, you know, direct, I get it, but I still enjoyed it. Yes, she wasn't herself. I get it, We've never seen her in this situation, but it was still you know, it's Gilmore girls. It was. It was well shot and well acted, and you know, the story was moving them, story.
Speaker 2: Free with you. I didn't like it and I was cringing, but yet when I stepped back from that, I'm still totally enjoying the whole episode, even this part where Rory calls Logan, and this I loved because Logan was such a stud, right, Logan's like, what's the matter Ace? Like he really is a good boyfriend. At this point, He's like, you know, listening to her, and then finally he's like, okay, like I'll help you, you know what I mean, Like let me tell you some crap right about about him, And so I thought okay, and then he's like, go get a Mace, And like that part, I was like, all right, she's acting like a wreck, but at least he is cool and kind of helping her and giving her a buss too, you know, like I think.
Speaker 4: Everyone else would be like, hey, I need you to stop, like you know.
Speaker 2: Right, he's sort of tolerating this nonsense.
Speaker 1: I mean, how much at this point would he be questioning her motives for even being in a relationship with him in the first.
Speaker 2: Place exactly, or like just so turned off? But I don't that's not happening. At least he's sort of dealing with it and just like okay, and I guess I get it because it's what she wants so much, right, this is her whole career, this is her life, so he is being supportive of it. It just would have been so much better if she just was at the Boston Globe instead of this his paper.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or had the internship before they got together. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just she's at Yale, right and she works on the Yale paper. This girl is not gonna have a hard time getting an internship at a non Huntsburger owned entity, right exactly, Like don't work it, you know, some some other thing that he doesn't own.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally. And Also it's like his family just literally berated you, saying that like we need a wife that is not a career driven you know what I mean? God right, and they're gonna give you a job like that's that's a red flag girl, like you need to see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So then Lorli and Luke are, if I'm correct in this, are having that dinner, that fancy dinner, right, that was like romantic and cute and amazing. And then Richard calls and this is about the Durham Group and Mike Armstrong wanting to meet with lorra Lei, which was cool and you know, some funny bits about send up to my home facts, you know, call my office, and then we get that line, I'm quite proud of you, Loralai. So that was really cool and we're seeing that relationship. So and Luke, that relationship.
Speaker 1: Is why was any But here's the thing, why as a father wasn'ty proud of her before? I think he was spectacular?
Speaker 2: Said he said he is that he is. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But in the scene, you know, we see like Luke like thinks he thinks it's crazy that that Lorelai would potentially sell the in right, And it just kind of made me wonder because Laura is not telling her dad no, So like what do you guys think do you think she wants to sell it? Like do you think she would feel good about selling it? Or she is you know, just wanting to impress her Dad, like, what do you what do you think because personally I think there's twenty five percent of her that's kind of like I want to be a success.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course I agree, And I think Luke said it right when even though at first he's like wait, then he says, you should take the meeting, you should take every meeting. So I think she's kind of.
Speaker 1: He just got all he just got all insecure, and then he got he rights self help takes, the self help take and he said, oh, I should say that's right, so he parted the tape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I like all that. I thought it was very sweet. Now I think there's sort of some interesting things there, right, because you know, should she sell the in what is going on? And then we get the mention of the article, the article that we sort of thought disappeared is coming out and Luke said, you never should have pulled it, And I think it's just sort of giving us some foreshadowing of oh I smelled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the articles coming out in all its glory with the Emily diss right, Okay, well there you go. That's a bomb waiting to go off. Right, It's very problematic and Mike Armstrong will probably go away, and why would we want to work with somebody this time?
Speaker 2: Oh? Why don't?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, trash your own family plant.
Speaker 4: I truly thought that article was going to come out before the Friday Night Dinner. I like was like, oh no, it's dropping this episode and it's going to be right before they all hang out with Logan.
Speaker 2: Now before we speaking of Friday Night Dinner, before we go to that, I'd like to commend your fake eating, Scott, because you did excellent actual acting eating.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't. Yeah, that was very really eating.
Speaker 2: I know, and it was not irritating, it was it was good. I mean, you didn't have to like shove pounds of food in your face, but you ate an appropriate fork size of the mind.
Speaker 1: But it's not acting. I'm always hungry on set, so it's like I loved I love food scenes. I really don't.
Speaker 4: You know, it's saying snack while I'm working.
Speaker 1: It's like, what could be better to just chow down? Great, let's do it for.
Speaker 2: People listening when you're watching the Today Show or the KTLA Morning News and you see those people doing those food segments and they're eating it's because they're genuinely starving. They've been on television and probably not had a crumbsince six Am Kati La. When they get food, I mean they go, they go hog wild because they are literally starving. They've eaten nothing and they've been working. So they get a food segment and you'll just watch now a full donut.
Speaker 1: All right, So let me give me, let me, let me give you a little behind the scenes between each take, right, the prop guys come in and they refresh your plate with fresh food. They keep track of what you ate. The scripty keeps track of when you ate it. And I always had a good memory of when I ate stuff on what line because I had that sort of plotted out, and so you don't you'd get this fresh food every take, so by the time you know the scene was done, you were like, oh yeah, ten meals deep, pretty full?
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Did you ever have a scene go or Rye where you're like, oh my god, I'm on my fortieth bite.
Speaker 1: In another series I did, Yeah, I did a pancakes on the scene and I was like, what a big mistake did I make? Because it was like it was like an eight set, you know, six Am Call where we were shooting by seven point thirty and I'm just like rifling down pancakes and it's a long scene. It's like a five page scene, and they did so many different angles and I'm just like wolfing it down because that's part of the scene. I got to eat that stuff. So it got to the point where they had a spit bucket for me.
Speaker 2: Feel a little sicky, little sicky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, so I could. I could. I was chewing the food, but amore.
Speaker 2: At least you got the flavor.
Speaker 1: It was pancakes.
Speaker 2: For like, I need to be like the actor next to you, just watching you just spit that.
Speaker 1: The person that has to hold I felt like that, Oh god, I.
Speaker 2: Think they hold their own. I don't think there's a bucket.
Speaker 1: It's just a bucket underneath the table. But but it was I felt like that Joey Chestnut guy, the hot dog eating champion, you know, I was like, here we go. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: By the way, when I watch that, it actually makes me. First of all, it's the dumb thing, like the hot dogs, the water, it's the.
Speaker 1: But that's the only way they can get them down.
Speaker 2: I watched the ladies do it, and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, they liquefy the bread. They understand, but.
Speaker 4: That's just gross to look at.
Speaker 2: They look like they are throwing. I want the fact that on fourth of July, just everyone in America is watching those people just down.
Speaker 1: Talk about eating a lot of hot.
Speaker 2: Water water hot dog.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I don't even like to make a sip of water until my bite has fully been chewed and swallowed, like wet food is so.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Now we get to human beings. Wow.
Speaker 2: We get to the part that I'm just obsessed with, which is the dinner with Logan and Laura Lai. And I think we're like, yes, and they just don't even care about or can you go sit with Laura La I've been sitting all my life. Oh, I'll go sit with her. It's so hilarious. So they get there and they're talking about I think roast beef is for dinner, And that's when you got your Lily's line. And they're talking about should they get the cape and the vineyard and it's time for them to own their acreage and the ice bucket's not filled and can you imagine his blonde hair and her blue eyes and they're just.
Speaker 1: You know, it made me feel sorry for those two. Yeah, that scene moved me because of everything they were saying, the joy with which they were saying. It was so delusional because they were so happy because they had a second bite at the apple with Rory, but they it was so premature because imagine the heartbreak. It just made me think of the heartbreak of what happened with Laurel I when she was sixteen and all their plans gone around, you know, yeah, to the wayside, and now they get to relive it. And it was very sad for me.
Speaker 2: Totally. Yes, it's hilarious, which I'll give my favorite line, It is sad on the same note though they were premature, But yet were they because I think that.
Speaker 1: Right in their mind, it's been you know, it's been twenty one years, and they now they get to enjoy something like this because maybe they had a little bit of it with Crisper, right, maybe because they were in love obviously, and Christopher had been over the house and they just approved of him and they loved him and all that, and they thought probably had the same conversations about Chris for moral I that they're having about.
Speaker 2: And I won't spoil anything for Danielle but it's not like Rory and Logan aren't long game right like they could.
Speaker 1: Be could be.
Speaker 2: So yeah, So anyway, my favorite I have two.
Speaker 1: It's exactly why, exactly I have two.
Speaker 2: Favorite lines here. But I love when, like Emily says, Richard, I need your help, I'm sitting with Laurelai Emily, I'm sitting with Larela, So that kills me. Then I just think it's so cute when they pull up and his look, I'm a sucker. They pull up in his cute car, his cool poor she comes around and opens the door. He's got the hostess gifts, like I just fall for it with him. He's very about it. Well, he's very like very well prepared.
Speaker 4: You know, he knows exactly what to do. All the eyes to dot and the teas to cross, like he knows exactly what he's doing.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 5: He's the gifts, the perfect gifts that they love the gifts like it's just a Logan like, you know.
Speaker 2: The perfect boy is here with our perfect granddaughter.
Speaker 4: I just realized Rory never brought anything to the Huntsburgers, did she.
Speaker 2: Oh, she kind of screwed that up.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: Then, I mean all these lines are just my favorite. So then they go into the room and Laura's like, Laura lies, like, how am I sitting? And then there's something to the effect of demure, so demur, the demurrorst. It just all was very entertaining. Then we realized the Gilmours just don't give two bleeps about Loralai, like and the whole oh you want a sidecar and she's like, I've never had that drink in my whole life.
Speaker 4: It's like we all know just by watching the show that she drinks some martini every time she's there.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? Then we get the line the hole how far to whatever it is his dorm proposed?
Speaker 1: How many?
Speaker 2: We're so much fancy, You're.
Speaker 6: So Yale's like, that's what that's Men are the greatest hot and you just go back to them, just like literally pooping on Lareli with a weird onion and moralize so sad on the couch.
Speaker 4: And I forgot about the onion instead of been olive. Those onions are good cocktail onions in a martini. Don't knock them down, lorel I don't knock them down, Oh God.
Speaker 2: And then Emma he's just, you know, beside herself that Logan's gonna hook her up with the tennis racket or whatever it is, and the whole thing is just and they're gonna have the roast and the wine with the meal and yeada yah. Well then we get the part where I sort of was amused but also cringey, was when he swipes the sewing kit.
Speaker 3: Ooh.
Speaker 4: But I think the scene was necessary.
Speaker 2: Totally, because totally the bit is funny. I do think it's hilarious that when they go to rich people's houses they take something and leave something. But then it actually made me sad that Emily was so aware and beside herself and then Loralai has to sort of come to the rescue. I was just like, and the maid's getting beat up about it the whole thing. I was just like, ooh ooh, Like, how did you guys feel?
Speaker 7: I was? I was.
Speaker 4: I was the same way, But I felt like it was needed to I think it was like Larela, It's said that scene set up the fact that Lorla is aware and on like she's like, I got eyes everywhere I'm onto you don't mess around, you know, Like I felt like that was necessary in that scene to portray that message. She's like, they're all, you know, rose colored glasses over there, over you, But I I saw what you did, you know, And like she's just kind of like checkmating him a little bit, which I kind.
Speaker 1: Of I think it scared her because it displayed on Logan's part of loyalty to a group above and beyond even his girlfriend, his future his girlfriend, his future wife, her family, their belongings, no consideration, sentimental value, and the meaning of that he took the what did he take a plated bonx? Yeah, and so he left the lighter, you know, and he left the lighter. So the question really is would he return it or was it gone?
Speaker 2: It's gonna end up at the next time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing. That's that's the thing that scared Laural. I was like, that is that's you know, skull and bones.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I liked how Danielle said she checkmate in him. I was going to say, she she still reigns supreme right. She's like give it to me, you know, basically looked at him, like give me it, and she's like, mom, I found it.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: She's she's saving the situation, calling everybody out being the mom and also kind of the badass like yeah, no, Logan, so.
Speaker 5: There was.
Speaker 2: I liked it. I liked it for Laurla it made me uncomfortable. I didn't Ar seems to be unfazed by it too. She didn't feel the like this is a joke gone awry like I did.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I think Laura I getting the box from Logan and said I found it. That was her way of saying, uh, obviously I'm onto you, but also that I'm putting a stop to this relationship and anybody that I can. You're you're not appropriate for my daughter. Your family's not appropriate for my daughter. They attacked her at your dinner. You're done with me, right? I mean, it's it's like worse than it's it's like worse than Jess. Yeah, yeah, I see it. I see a big confrontation. Bro, I'm pretty eager to see how this.
Speaker 4: I do agree with you. It's kind of like, you know, like you can fool them, you won't fool me, and you know, like whatever, you have them wrap around your finger, but you gotta can't get past me, you know. Like I appreciated that scene though, because I think there needs to be that kind that person in Rory's life that's like, dude.
Speaker 2: Well then the the thing I loved. And again I'm not a like film expert, but I thought the director did something so clever in that, you know, he does his soul. I've got an early day. Oh he's got an early day.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: They walk them to the door. We hear them, but we never leave Loralai. The camera stays on Laura Liai with her sort of eye roll, and we just hear them. You know, Oh, look look at his nice perking you know, like talking about with Rory and Logan as Loralai stayed in the dining room and they're you know, kissing his butt. Still. Oh oh, what a nice coop.
Speaker 4: You have, you know, And didn't they say something like, oh, he has something very important to do tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: He's got an early day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, and Lola called it out again too, She was like, he does not have an early day.
Speaker 1: It's Saturday, right exactly. It's amazing. Laurel is the only one that lives in the real world in that scene. It's like, are these how delusional? Can all of these people in this scene be they live in this fantasy world of hopes and dreams that are never going to happen. They don't see any of the the pock marks, right, Logan, they don't see anytes And she's she's the truth teller who's and she's.
Speaker 2: So annoyed by it, and she's like they weren't nice to her and the internship. Something is wrong with it.
Speaker 1: She knows, well, you don't you don't mess it doesn't day.
Speaker 4: It is interesting, not that like they're trying to compare Logan and Christopher, but it is it is showing that like we all know Christopher is is uh kryptonite for laurel I, right, and same with Logan and Rory. And it's like one of those things that's like obviously, like at least in the case of Christopher and Lorelai, like they shouldn't be together, you know what I mean, Like at the end of the day, they shouldn't. But Emily and Richard are so obsessed with his stature and his family and like all the things that he represents that they just like completely ignore everything else. And they're like the like she did it this season where she's like, yeah, you didn't help my daughter raise her daughter for her whole life. You also had another baby, your wife just left or your fiance just left you, right, but if you want to come back, you know, it's like they like they're more obsessed with the overall picture versus the actual human at least when it comes to both of them.
Speaker 2: They should have been so pissed at the Huntsburgers. We're treating their granddaughter so badly, and these are their alleged friends, Like that's also super weird.
Speaker 1: But the Huntsburger, Yeah, they just sort of they just sort of glossed over that.
Speaker 2: And missus Hunsburger is so they didn't.
Speaker 1: Really they inquired a little bit, but they didn't. I guess I guess they were considering the source.
Speaker 2: They don't believe it.
Speaker 1: She has no credibility. Remember, they say she's right.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. They say you've had one too many side cars, and it's like she's like, he, this internship is sketchy. They were making out at your wedding, which actually that if I would have been the grandparents, I'd be like cool, that's fine. They were making out our wedding. But otherwise she says he stole your sewing box.
Speaker 1: But that was funny. The way she said kissing, She's like kissing, kissing.
Speaker 2: Kissing, she did twice anything.
Speaker 4: She was like they were kissing.
Speaker 1: They still didn't get it, and it's.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, bless them, they're just so stoked. But yeah, I mean it's messy and oralized. Instincts are so right on about this internship. It is bad newspayers. And I will say this now for everyone listening. Had Rory not taken the internship and she went out and got her own internship, all of season six would be completely different. This internship is her undoing. I just I'm not going to tell you more, but it's like it's important. Here's the thing everybody gets so mad. Spoiler's spoiling. There's books, but it's like part of what we're doing here. And yes, you guys are seeing it for the first time, but I'm not. And I want to analyze this show in how important that decision is, in what a bad decision it is.
Speaker 4: I mean, also, you guys will see you're not spoiling anything because the writing's on the wall here. We're just waiting for the shoe to drop, like we know that's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, Danielle. You saved me five of one hundred dms right there. But anyway, so look, I was happy when we get to this sort of second to last scene with Rory at the elevator with the coffee and it's decaf and she's on her game right now. She's the Rory I like, which she should have been from the go. She should have been that person from the go. We didn't need this clowny mess.
Speaker 1: And no, you did. You needed detention, You just object to how it was. Yes, yeah, you want that tension, you want that you know, those first steps very often, right, I don't know.
Speaker 2: So then so now I'm happy and he invites her in Gilmour, You coming in or whatever? He says, what are you waiting for? Gilmore?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: So the internship is now going well, So that part's good. So in the final scene, again an important scene, we're at Suki's house and Manny's in the kitchen, you know, so she can test all the food and they're talking about Mike Armstrong and how great it would be to travel and go to Dooglador for whatever that place was, and we realized, yeah, Lorlai does She's intrigued by this dream and Suki squashes it because Suki can't travel. She's got Davy and little no name and you know, Jackson. So interesting ending.
Speaker 1: Just more you know, they're they're you know, delusions, you know they're they're they're not gonna but it's also comforting to know that they know where their place is in My life is here and we have to raise our kids and we can't go on. I mean, how many times do people talk about going off here and going off there and you know, living yeah life, and wouldn't that be glamorous until they actually do it and then they realize that it's notice well, it's funny.
Speaker 2: To say that. I was having a conversation with somebody whose kids went off to college. They had twins, right, and the twins went off to college for the first time in eighteen years. She's just home with her husband and it's lonely and quiet, and they don't love it. They're not miserable, but they don't love it. And I thought, what was so interesting What she said is everyone goes, oh, but you can travel now, or you can do this, and her point was, no, we can't. We have to work to pay for these two kids to go to college. So right, it's not like you can just uh do this. But you see the sort of glimmer and Lorealiz's eye that there is something intriguing to her about this life she didn't get, not the Gilmour life, but not the star's hollow life. A different choice that she didn't get. And you see that there is sort of a longing like hmm and what that is?
Speaker 1: And that's a very good point. That could have been her life had she not had Rory, or had Rory and stayed with Christopher, you know, I mean, yes, of course, right, we right, she would have been all over the world with her parents or not with them.
Speaker 2: That's my thing is we always think it was left or right, right, Gilmore life, Star's hollow life. But here we're seeing there was this third choice, sort of this thing that she could have achieved all on her own, not Gilmore. But now she could do it because she could Rory's at school, Rory's grown, she could go off and have Mike Armstrong work for Mike Armstrong and travel the world and be a consultant all these ins. She could do it, if not for you. Right now, the reason she's not doing that is not necessarily because of Sukie, but it's because of Luke.
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: So well we shall say I didn't think of out that.
Speaker 4: That's a really good point.
Speaker 1: Right, you know see if his little world gets upset, you know, well, but.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes he does. That's right. He's very intuitive, like he kind of always knows what's going on.
Speaker 1: Well, he's you know, he's a complete he's completely paranoid about her. So anything that comes into her world.
Speaker 2: Right since the very since episode one, right, he's always got his eyes on her.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so I like, I like, what what are we going to give it? Let's do you want to do favorite lines? Let's do favorite lines from Emily.
Speaker 4: When she goes I would have sworn you were a sidecard girl, as if she just never met her before.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, for me, it's everything in that scene, the sitting bit, just the whole thing, that whole run I'm setting Laura.
Speaker 1: I asked Roy, mine was Emily's uh friend to the maid? Are you insane? He sets her up?
Speaker 2: He chuckled quite a bit about Logan sort of lines about Mitcham, you know, like really conveying what mit what he thinks Mitcham thinks of him. Did he's such a disappointment? You know all that there was I like Logan in this episode other than stealing the sewing kit. I actually really like him.
Speaker 1: And other than that, we're having that sweater, sweater and a sewing kit. Maybe you could use this, well, maybe they used the sewing kit to put those horrible first.
Speaker 2: Why would you have a sewing kit too? Even if it's antique on your like side table in your beautiful living room.
Speaker 1: It's a family heirloine, you know.
Speaker 4: Maybe it was probably like pure silver box.
Speaker 1: Present exactly right, Sterling Silver. All right, what are we giving it? And what's your measuring nine.
Speaker 4: Out of ten crow pugs?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Danielle, you stole my things.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you're allowed to use title a title for your measuring sticks. So sorry, hang on, hang on, I'm getting a ruling on that. We're talking to New York. Yeah, I'm right, you can't.
Speaker 4: Nine out of ten decaf coffee.
Speaker 2: There you go, nine out of ten. Paris towels on her head singing I'm walking on sunshine.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm going to give it a nine point three out of ten Sterling silver sewing.
Speaker 2: Good one m that is all right. I don't want it to serve, so I only have two more. I feel like I need to tell you, guys a dumb story. I have a sewing I have a needle, A sewing needle story that will make every Yeah, that will make everybody cringe. Danielle, I don't know if you know that those kinds of stories. If you're listening and you want to like literally feel physical pain, let me tell you the story. One of our friends, a friend of Danielle and mine, they have a little they have two kids, and the baby daughter, who's like more like five or whatever, was crawling on the floor playing baby at her grandma's house and there was a sewing needle somehow in the carpet and it went into the kid's leg fully in. They had to get X rays to find you.
Speaker 1: That is good story. I can't tell the story. What are you doing?
Speaker 2: To the end. Every time anyone says sewing, k it to me, this is all it comes into my mind. Is it two? Is it true? Gross? I think we can tell it.
Speaker 4: I have a bad story, too.
Speaker 2: Daniel I'll give it. It's okay. The people can take it. The people can take this one.
Speaker 4: This one happened to me.
Speaker 2: So the surgery went fine though they got it out, so all is right, Okay, Daniel's friend.
Speaker 4: That I don't think I can top it, but it's it's kind of bad. My first job in high school is working at Nords Drum. I was, you know, a cashier person. Oh god, and uh, you know how you have to like take the sensors off clothes and you put in you know, you put in a little bucket for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 4: There was one face up on the floor and I was back then. I was wearing a ballet slippers, you know, like those are like really like ballet slipper flats, like those were kind of in.
Speaker 2: I stepped on it.
Speaker 4: It went through my shoe and into my.
Speaker 2: Straight up.
Speaker 4: I'm not even lying. I mean I just took it out.
Speaker 2: But that was like flood brutal. Yes, if you went running out of the store and set off all the alarms. What do you give our sewing needle stories?
Speaker 1: But that wasn't But it's a needle, I guess. I mean, I can tell a really gross story if you want to about one more? Do you want me to tell about to talk.
Speaker 2: About We've got time for one more, everybody, Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, I was getting off a chair lift and the lady next to me fell. She was in the middle, her husband was on the other side of her, eyes on the left. So we stood up and we had to make a fairly quick right hand turn to get off the chair lift and cup and make a U to get off, and she fell. Her backs of her skis got on top of the backs of my skis, and she pulled me down by the shoulder. So I was kind of in the back seat, leaning all the way back, and then my skis took She released, and I took off forward with my back on the backs of my skis, and I tried to steer. I was going to hit the fence, so I had to go right, so I steered my right leg, you know, I angled the ski. I dug. I carved the ski in and the ski turned all the way.
Speaker 4: Your leg was like here as.
Speaker 1: No I heard the pop, it was like this pain like it was so twisted all the way around. And then the pop came and then and then I was laying there going, oh God, this is going to really hurt. And then the pain came in and I started screaming at the top of my lungs and a guy came out and these people just skid away.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: Oh, like total and then some guy comes over to me and he goes, he grabs my hand like in a bro shake, and he goes, just just let it out, just scream. Don't worry about there's no kids around. Just scream any curse word you want.
Speaker 2: I know how the paint And then did you have to get themobile medical people?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They took me down in a toboggan. Yeah. Ouch, yeah, that's what I was. I was at the top of the mountain. Yeah, they had to take me all the way down.
Speaker 4: At least put you on a snowmobile. You probably felt everything.
Speaker 2: He couldn't set up to be zipped in that thing. I know how that goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta be sick. They had to secure the leg and then take me down and slowly and then put me in the ambulance. And I couldn't get the surgery for I didn't get the surgery for another couple of months because of swelling.
Speaker 2: So here's what I'm thinking. If you're listening and you're still here, that's give a vote. Give us a vote. Whose story is the grosses I lose.
Speaker 4: Your Your two stories are way worse.
Speaker 1: Oh and by the way, I want to tell you this, that evening the hotel found out about the accident, and without consulting me cancel, they really wanted that. What I said to the front desk because I was fine, I had some what the heck? And so we went to the restaurant and I know the owner, and I said, what's up, you know, and they go, oh, they said, you were like incapacitated. I said, not, We're ready to eat, you know. So I had a nice cocktail, We had a nice dinner. There you go.
Speaker 2: Oh my good stories. See you all next week.
Speaker 1: Not all right, everybody that's going to do it for gross out week? Oh I am all in. Uh, thank you Daniel, thank you Amy. We will see you next time. Best fans on the planet, keep the cards and letters. Come and let us know how you feel about our real Who actually had the grossest story okay? And who told me the best grossest story, who told the best story, and who just didn't want to hear any of it anyway? All the best, Remember we I am all in. Stay safe, hey, everybody, and don't forget.
Speaker 7: Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Oh you're Gilmore fans. If you're looking for the best cup of coffee in the.
Speaker 7: World, go to my website from my company, Scottip dot com, s C O T. T y P dot com, Scottip dot com Grade one Specialty Coffee