Speaker 1: Alzon Media. Welcome to it could Happen Here a podcast. We're in the wake of mom Dommy's victory. We are revising the old twenty sixteen slogan to eat your pheasants, drink your wine. Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine. I am your host, Mio Loong with Garrison Davis looking unhappy.
Speaker 2: Well, this is actually the new mandatory greeting in New York.
Speaker 3: You reed yes yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, instead of saying hi on the subway or just trying to avoid each other, we have to we have to all recite this now.
Speaker 3: It's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: FDR used to call the US the forty eight states to the Sovidia Seattle and I have I haven't quite figured out what the version of that for New York is yet.
Speaker 2: But no, no, the New York City nationalism really is a thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even if the country falls, I think I think New York will remain as a remain as a city state beacon.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, I'm having to temper my sort of Chicago in like this is a two two Chinese city like for this, and I'm also having to temper my like.
Speaker 3: Reflexive, uh not even reflexive.
Speaker 1: Bye. Bye bye, incredibly well thought out in detailed thoughts of electoralism, and.
Speaker 3: So so so today today, if I have.
Speaker 1: To cover electoralism positively, we're doing this in sports format.
Speaker 3: Oh we are, we are.
Speaker 1: We are looking at what's been going on with the reaction to mom Donnie's when we are fully we are fully doing winners and losers.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be great. We're gonna have a good time.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm still traumatized from the World Series, so I don't really appreciate the sports framing. I actually the World's World Series Game seven. I was watching it at a bar and then I had to go across town to a different bar because I knew Zoron was doing the little gay bar hop on the same It is the World Series, Melly, So I missed the last thirty minutes. I had to leave during the ninth inning when the Blue Jays were still ahead.
Speaker 3: Oh no.
Speaker 2: And then and then in transport the Dodgers tie. They did two extra innings and then one, and it was devastating. And then I saw Bom Dottie dancing at a gay club like ten minutes later.
Speaker 3: It was serious.
Speaker 1: Gracious, You're welcome, welcome to being a Seattle Mariners fan.
Speaker 3: This is this is why, yes, yes, all the time for us every well aware.
Speaker 2: No, of course I I what I'm not cheering for the Jay is usually usually I'm cheering for the Mariners.
Speaker 3: So I know well and again, the only.
Speaker 1: Way to survive this is to become a truly transcendent, true Mariners fan, where you were not in this for winning and losing. You were in this for the fact that we had a guy whose name was Big Dumper because his ass was big as fuck and he had sixty home runs.
Speaker 3: And that's that's what you're in this game for. Okay, Okay, we're gonna turn this around. We're gonna this round.
Speaker 1: We're gonna actually start with winners with I think the most serious thing that we're going to do today.
Speaker 3: Not a high bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not a high bar. But I think, in the words of the great John Boyce, this moment belongs to her. And that's Lindsay Bolan, who was the first woman to accuse Cuomo of sexual harassment, who is one of the bravest women I've ever seen. And she's having a great time.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of pictures of her going around but she's posting she's so happy it rocks.
Speaker 3: She's yeah, she's just she's just having a great time.
Speaker 2: This is this is like a dual pronged moment, right, One prong is just seeing Andrew Cuomo get completely humiliated for the second time in a row. Yes, and then the whole, the whole you know, like prospective hope of what a Mom Donnie mayoral occupation could.
Speaker 3: Meet.
Speaker 2: It's like a whole separate thing than just watching Cuomo get absolutely decimated. Right if there was there as someone who was only half as good as Momdanni who destroyed Cuomo and we still it would still be fun to laugh at Cuomo. The fact that it's Mumdannie is just a little bit of like an extra extra icing on top.
Speaker 3: I guess yeah. And I want to read a quote from her that she could this.
Speaker 1: This this was from before especially, I could tell since the actual win she's just been like partying and hasn't really been giving, like I think she went onto bocracy now. But like she she had this great line from this this piece and the Independent uh that was titled we will beat these monsters.
Speaker 3: And this this was from this. This is from the original.
Speaker 1: Primary when I hope every woman who has ever faced an abuser like Cuomo knows she doesn't have to be ashamed, she doesn't have to hide, because we will beat these monsters. New Yorker said no more to Andrew Cuomo, and that is just remarkable.
Speaker 3: And this ship rocks, this rocks.
Speaker 2: Fuck him, especially Cuomo who ran his campaign. I'll be like, it's dangerous to be a woman on the subway, and we're like why because you're gonna be on it, like like his whole, his whole, like law and order in New York is a dangerous, scary place to live because there's predators out there.
Speaker 3: It was like a main part of his campaign.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, four years ago he resigned because he was a predator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eleven eleven women came forward, Like that's remarkable, astounding, and you know this is hopefully this is this is the beginning of many, many, many defeats that these fucking people will have over the coming years.
Speaker 2: Hopefully the last defeat for Cuobo, but for others of his ill Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, theseus.
Speaker 1: There are there are many, many people who hold a whole variety of offices and sometimes are just like your boss or someone you work with or someone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and fuck him, we're gonna beat them all. This rocks.
Speaker 1: So that that's that's winner number one, Winter number two. People with child's.
Speaker 3: People with childs. Wow, people with child look, I agree. I ye so little sleep last night. I was I have no excuse.
Speaker 1: I was up being extremely gay at like four in the morning.
Speaker 3: I'm really tired. Yeah.
Speaker 1: People, people with children getting getting free childcare a thing that is in fact really good.
Speaker 2: Free childcare would be would be pretty cool. And it's one of the few things on the Momdani platform that, like the governor herself is pretty pretty set on helping to achieve.
Speaker 1: And you know there's Spike Lee who's having a great time partying, is just just just loving it.
Speaker 3: It's great, it's great. That's good. Yeah. Renters also good. Yeah. People people who live in rest stabilized apartments getting not the rent increased and also they're being more rent controlled housing built good good things, good things. People who buy food.
Speaker 1: But when I say people who buy food, right, you would think that's all people. Most of the people who we are going to be talking about on this list. Those motherfuckers have not set foot in a grocery store in a decade. There really truly is a classified between people who buy food and people who do not ever buy their own food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like around if you make around two hundred thousand dollars a year, based on the time that you spend procuring your own groceries, people argue that it's more efficient for you to order or have people bring food to you and not do any of that work yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, so we have that, we have.
Speaker 1: You know, I think there's a sort of macro point you can make here about you know, the ties between affordability and the sort of the sort of politics affordability and the ways in which there are a bunch of people who would affects. And then there is the top five percent of the US who do fifty percent of the country's consumer spending, who this is not going to affect because they do fifty percent of the consumer spending on bullshit.
Speaker 3: And so I want to, I want to.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna declare myself a winner because I fucking hate Mody. And Zoran called Mody a war criminal and specifically talked about his mass killings of Buslims and Gujarat, which is the first time I've ever seen a major American politician talk about that and fuck him.
Speaker 3: He's the butcher of Gujarat. Eat shit. Yeah, this is this is this is This is a kind.
Speaker 1: Of short winners section, because you know, I could list like people in New York City, like who aren't really rich, like Harrison right, like you know, but this is mostly a losers episode. This is mostly a oh my fucking god, the right is doing a crash out and oh boy, there are some great stuff. So I want to start the losers with Laura Ingram. Who the chevron on her show?
Speaker 3: Who? Who? Who? Laura Ingram? Wow?
Speaker 2: Fox News host evil she's still Fox News.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah yeah her her Fox News thing that the chevron on It was by winning, the Democrats are actually losing, which.
Speaker 2: Is true, God, God, I hope. So from your mouth to God's ears, Laura, so good.
Speaker 3: It's the most there's there's a whole genre of this.
Speaker 1: If I wanted to, I literally could have just pulled things that were like the Democrats are winning by actually losing like that. There's like Ross Douthit, who's like the sort of make work higher like he's one of the old school makework higher in New York Times columnists, he's like a very very weird Catholic who used to advocate Catholics like taking the Benedict option and going into the woods and not interacting with society, which please Ross Douthit and your ILK.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's not very Catholic. Please do that.
Speaker 1: You if you want to go argue theology with Ross, do go fucking happily for.
Speaker 3: Go do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like you know, doubt of the New York Times immediately is like, Momgani's victory is less dignificant than you think, and it's like, ah, yes we are, we are getting owed. We are not owned, we are not owned, et cetera, et cetera, solely turning into a corn.
Speaker 3: Cob humping the copium straight into my veins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mm hmm. It's truly amazing stuff. I think in the just pure cope vein is Did you did you see the Mike Cernovich post about this?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Okay, So I'm not gonna how do I say this? I'm not gonna association.
Speaker 1: He's quote tweeting a video that's just like it's like a five minute video of like the Zetio whatever live stream of the after party, and it's just Cernovich is just going, this is a rowdy, masculine environment. You can feel the energy as the Heritage Foundation is putting members through a struggle session and demanding a deidan.
Speaker 3: The left is winning true true, And then like that is that is happening right now.
Speaker 2: We'll be doing a piece on the Heritage struggle sessions, probably later this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And that's the that's the do we accept the overt neo Nazi or not?
Speaker 2: Yes conflict which they are very divided on, which is not not a great sign.
Speaker 1: Gotta say, I gotta say, don't don't love that. But in another just incredible, like I'm not mad thing. Surtvitch post that and then quote tweets his own tweet and says, if you didn't know anything about politics, you would say this is the sign I want to be on.
Speaker 3: Conservative inc is joyless. It's the house of scolding bags. It offers young men nothing beyond moralizing and hypocritical lecture.
Speaker 2: This is probably also following the fallout of the Fuentez Tucker interview and the like sectarian right yep, yep, yep. Quote that's that's not really in fighting necessarily, but like these these debates on on twent as his placed within the Conservative Party and this argument against what I guess like right wing cancel culture that you have people like Vans like Matt wallsh talk about how like we should not be you know, canceling people like Tucker or you know, these young GOP staffers, her white premacists for saying things that are offensive because we need to have a united front against the left versus this whole other reaction from like Shapiro and you have Heritage just caught in the middle of this, and there's like senators and Mike Johnson or who are trying to like keep this like legitimate like anti semitic, but like also like anti Israel, but through anti Semitism, like this anti Semitic is section of the right led by front as like keep it quarantined, which is increasingly breaking quarantine. So they're looking at how the right has devolved into this fighting and then seeing the election of Zoran and being like, oh, the grass is greener on that side, I guess, which is really odd.
Speaker 1: YEA, yeah, yeah, it's so funny because it's just like literally just all of the shit they've been saying about the left forever. They're just suddenly like, oh my god, they wire the some part some of the right is like maybe maybe not literally the neo Nazi. And now they're like, oh, it's actually it's actually the right that is, uh, the house of scolding nags who offer young men nothing beyond moralizing in the hypocritical lecture, which is it's just amazing. It's I don't know, it's so funny. They're they're just they're just losing it insofar as there is a kind of important thing here. It's that like in a moment where you know, the sort of ruling party is becoming increasingly unpopular, they're also fracturing from the inside to the extent where like they're like worst nightmare just got elected as the mayor of New York and instead of like rallying, they're doing this shit. Very funny. There's been a few governor reactions. I'm going to pull from The Guardian here. A great abbot tweeted joined me in a moment of silence for New York City, thoughts and prayers.
Speaker 2: That it's been losing it over the selection.
Speaker 1: It's so funny, it's very good. Rick Scott is the Center of Florida, The Guardian. Florida has welcomed those fleeing communists and socialist regimes for decades, wrote Senator Rick Scott of Florida. Tonight is no different. Florida will welcome all freedom loving New Yorkers.
Speaker 2: It's funny because that's very different from Abbot's promise of trying to tearriff.
Speaker 3: People who flee from New York to Texas.
Speaker 1: Abbot's like, oh shit, hold on, maybe maybe I can cash in on all of this money. We're gonna We're gonna get to whether people are actually fleeing New York in a later segment spoiler alert nine yet but come, there is still time. If we want people to flee New York, We're just gonna have to do it ourselves. Speaking of doing it ourselves, this podcast we do it, but also the products and services support the show do it.
Speaker 2: We cannot, in fact do it ourselves. You know, we have to at this point have the assistance of the capitalist advertising industry. So enjoy, enjoy that.
Speaker 3: We are back.
Speaker 1: So let's turn to Elon Musk. Who is I mean, I guess for Elon Musk, he is kind of having a normal one he is doing a bunch of his normal posts about how like Western civilization is doomed unless the core weakness is suicidal empathy.
Speaker 2: Is recognized suicidal empathy.
Speaker 3: It's so bad.
Speaker 1: There's there's a very very funny segment that I'm not going to play just because like, I don't, I don't. I do not believe in exposing our dear listeners to having to listen to Elon Musk try to talk because it's just a j Yeah, there's no him on Joe Rogan, where Joe Rogan's like, Okay, why did you call him Donnie a swindler? And it's just a minute straight of Elon Musk going, uh, he has nothing.
Speaker 2: He can't even complete a full sentence. He had at one point says that you know, swindlers will always say what the audience wants to hear. And that's the only thing he's he that's the only complete thought that he gives. The rest of his sentence or attempts at making a sentence, is just saying the word like five times and then saying that, well, you know, Zorn is actually quite charismatic.
Speaker 1: His brain is so cooked, it's so good. It's and I say this to someone who stammers a significant amount. This is this is just there's nothing going on in his brain.
Speaker 3: This is closer to head empty noe thoughts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that empty no thoughts derogatory, which derogatory.
Speaker 2: Comma bands always derogatory, always, always derogatory.
Speaker 3: Oh god.
Speaker 1: So there's then this sort of mix of like the world is falling with this also kind of oh my god, he won. And also this is a very attractive charismatic dude. It is kind of breaking these people's brains that there's just like a hot guy who beat the shit out of them. There's like there's like definitely sort of like psychosexual politics going on here.
Speaker 3: You can see it in shit posting.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely would have a heyday. I don't know, would have a heyday writing about the psychosexual aspect of the anti Zoron and the obviously some.
Speaker 3: Of the pros are unbeatful as well.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely, yeah, this is a great things are happening in politics.
Speaker 2: Even Trump has had to defend his looks, this being better than mister mum Donnie, which objectively not true, very funny, saying he is quote unquote a much better look.
Speaker 3: It's so funny.
Speaker 2: But they also have this weird thing that some people on the left are doing. This is largely a Twitter thing, but this does seep out into real world conversations, which I've I've heard is thirsting after Zorn's wife and comparing and comparing Zorn's wife to like like Milania or something, and like in a whole bunch of really weird ways.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ, that's really weird. Don't do that.
Speaker 2: Look how like beautiful and aristocratic Zoron's wife is versus God, versus former porn star Milania Trump. And you're like, country, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Guys? Is the doing misogyny? You're doing misogyny. It's bad. Simply don't do that.
Speaker 2: But we do love the twenty seven year old zoomer New York first Lady. Yeah, she's good for her, good for her, check out her art.
Speaker 1: I want to want to turn a little bit to Speaker of the House Mike Johnson. He said Democrats of New York have chose in a true extremists and Marxist and the consequences will be felt across our entire nation. He also said that Badami's policies are defunding the police, seizing private property, and massive tax increases, which I fucking wish.
Speaker 2: I mean, that does all sound kind of cool, but that is that is absolutely not what Zoron's current state of politics are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's also funny because this is the same reaction they've had to every single Democrat who's been elected in the past twenty years.
Speaker 3: Totally.
Speaker 1: The right has so much just sort of weird projection shit, and I feel like they've been doing this whole like, oh my god, you all called this fascist, and now we're all fascists. And it's like, no, you called Barack Obama, who was like the most neoliberal Democrat they've ever put in office, maybe second only to both Clinton maybe, like you called him a communist, and now it's like, okay, this guy's a democratic socialist. And you're just saying like, oh this time, now, this time it's communism.
Speaker 3: It's just like, okay, really.
Speaker 2: Now the boy who cried will think that the right does all the time. It depowers their own rhetorical tactics, yep, yep, yep. And you see this in a few ways. I think you've seen this in part with like the transmass shooter thing, and and certainly they've been doing this thing around you communism or socialism for a while, to the point where you can have the mayor of New York proudly call himself a socialist, a democratic socialist, and gets elected with record numbers.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: So one of the things that he's going to be dealing with, obviously is is the financial class. We're gonna get to some more weird reactions. But there's a very funny NPR quote that I'm going to read. I'm always gonna read this quote. I think it's the stages of grief, said Karen Wilde, who runs the Partnership for New York City, an influential business group that represents more than three hundred large employers.
Speaker 3: This is very funny.
Speaker 1: They're they're fully in their like acceptance negotiation phase of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think they might not be letting on the degree to which they have been in this process for a while. There was like a final push among like Bloomberg, who probably met with Mamdanni like months ago, and they like developed like a kind of like truce, which Bloomberg broke in the week before the election when he suddenly funneled millions of dollars into Islamophobic ads.
Speaker 3: Like nine to eleven ads. But there was a lot of.
Speaker 2: Meetings happening between Mamdani and people who would make up his future administration and the business class, which have happened since he won the primary in June. And this sort of negotiating and bargaining has been going on for quite a while. And I think the acceptance now is really the final I mean, these steps aren't necessarily always always like sequential. Yeah, but I think we were rapidly approaching the acceptance phase across the city and people are actually looking at like realistically and what the negotiating side of enacting these things is going to look like, including the financial people.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That that said, Ken Griffin not happy at all. No, they're not happy.
Speaker 1: No, this is this is a business Insider for the people of New York. I pray that the policies Montdammy uses to govern and lead New York are different than the talking points he used to win the Mayo race.
Speaker 3: People in New York deserve better. I do want to.
Speaker 1: I did cut out the part in the middle of there with the Business Insider where he said this Wednesday at the American Business Forum in Miami.
Speaker 4: Some in New York, like to say this very funny. Hell yeah, very funny in this sort of like crashout spectrum. So the people who are like having the absolute worst time are a bunch of Israeli politicians who are very mad about this shocking. Yeah, I'm just go quoth to Washington Post here. Israel's far right Minister of Security bang Gavir said Wednesday that Mondami's win would be quote remembered eternally. Is the moment when anti Semitism overcame common sense. The Aspora Affairs Minister on me tried cheekly in an excoriating statement, accused New York City of quote handing his keys over to a Hamas supporter.
Speaker 3: And this is also a giant loss.
Speaker 1: For one Benjamin Nett and Yahoo who Mamdami has said he will arrest That's.
Speaker 3: What in New York, which rocks very funny. Will this actually happen?
Speaker 2: I don't know, hilarious, Yeah, I mean, these things just don't work anymore, like they Yeah, you Like I watched an interview with Jonathan green Blat, the head of the ad L like good Morning America, like like talking about this and how they're establishing me an anti Semitism monitor to track the Zoran administration, and even like the hosts of Good Morning America were like, come on, man, like, that's not.
Speaker 3: He's not he's not what we do.
Speaker 2: He's not an anti like he's he's against he's against the genocide at Gaza. Like he's not. He's not like a Jew hating anti semi. Yeah, and like they were even getting tired of green BLAT's little like shtick and how he was constantly like performing to the camera to try to get people to like, I don't report incidents that then they'll add into this into this monitor program, so they'll try to blame them Momdani administration for not protecting Jews or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This was on Mourning Joe on MSNBC, not Good Morning America.
Speaker 3: My apologies.
Speaker 1: This is also you know, if you want to talk about another sort of category of losers, just like all of the unhinged Islamophobia. Oh yeah, like all the people spreading that got annihilated. Yeah, just absolutely smash and like and yeah, and you know it is worth saying like, yeah, like this was one of the most racist campaigns I have ever seen, but the Antrew Cuomo sort of ways it was.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, just hideous, more racist than Trump versus Kamala by far. Yeah, like like exceptionally so and done by Democrat establishment figures largely.
Speaker 1: Yep, Man just rancid and they got their ash handed to them. And I think that's good. There's a very very public level of exceptions for soomophobia. You can just say the most of homophobic shit anyone's ever heard on TV and it's fine and no one does anything. But also like, people don't fucking like that shit. It sucks, it's awful, and fuck these people. And you know, I think this is sort of the tide turning. Oh and speaking of the tide turning, Bill Ackman, as we've talked about on Ed, bending the knee, saying Congress are on what donnity congrats on the wind. Now you have a big responsibility if I could help New York City, just let me know what I can do.
Speaker 3: Very good.
Speaker 1: So to sort of close out this, like the losers section, I want to turn. There's a great piece and defector about the people who've threatened to leave New York City if Mom Donnie won and unfortunately reached out for comment, none of them were actually leaving.
Speaker 2: It's really sad because people don't want to leave the city. It's a good city, which is the whole point of Zoron's campaign was about how much of the city is cool and rocks and Quebo's campaigns, but how much it's bad and scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And unfortunately, tragically this does mean that you're going to have to have Dave Portney and this whole this whole crew of Barshaal dipshits still in the city. So good luck. I hope you appropriate them. I hope they hope they have.
Speaker 3: A bad time now.
Speaker 1: I want I want to move into my last category, which is the sort of baffling category. We got a kind of wild Obama quote quote, the future looks a little bit brighter. It's a reminder that when we come together around strong, forward looking leaders who care about the issues that matter, we can win.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a very silly quote.
Speaker 1: I the odds Obama personally had at least one person on that campaign staff, Beat and Durat Occupy are very high.
Speaker 3: Like it's.
Speaker 1: It's really truly this moment of like, brother, you spent so much time trying to make sure this wouldn't happen, and you have failed, and now you're in the like I'm gonna do the Obama thing where like I'm the friend of all the young leaders, and I'm going to give them the worst advice you've ever heard in your entire life. I don't know, still still still have never gone over Obama personally intervening to make sure the NBA players didn't go on strike during the uprising. Oh God, one of the worst like post presidential moments I've ever seen. I want to close on Jamie Diamond, the CEO of JP Morgan Chase, who when I asked why mont Donnie said, quote, he's a young man. Will he get good at it? I haven't said about montdonneie making and implementing good policies. I see a lot of people in big jobs, including big political jobs, they grow into it. I've seen a lot of people they kind of swell into the job, they get worse, they you know, all of it becomes about them. I'm hoping he's the good one and that will be important for the future in New York. He said, true, true, and real.
Speaker 2: No. I mean like there's a lot of this slow capitulation, which we're even seeing with private comments from Trump that are being leaked into reporting through the New York Times, where in private Trump has called mister mom and Donnie a slick and good talker and a talented politician, and the last Wednesday said that he might quote help him a little bit, maybe unquote, and that he wants New York to succeed, which is, you know, contrary to like previous threats of like pulling back all funding if I'm Donnie gets elected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I.
Speaker 2: Think part of part of this reaction is both like how strong Zorn's victory is. We all like know that Trump likes winners, but also the fact that Zorn has like very quickly tried to establish dominance over the president in some ways mm hmm, in a way that like someone like Trump like kind of respects with mym notty positioning himself as like a legitimate like adversarial figure to Trump. Yeah, like right off the bat. And there's a little bit of the Trumpian mind that actually kind of appreciates that and thinks it's.
Speaker 3: Like cool and impressive.
Speaker 1: During the first Trump administration that there was a whole running theory that if you could get Trump in a room with Hugo Chavez, you could make him a socialist in like an hour, because he really does just repeat the last thing.
Speaker 3: Anyone in a room said to him.
Speaker 1: So we're like, we're finally going to test the theory of can't we get a charismatic person in the room with him and make him do stuff he would normally do and probably not?
Speaker 2: But you know, I mean, and like the biggest thing right now is like the difference in immigration policy.
Speaker 3: But like Trump's from New York.
Speaker 2: Trump knows how much New York is a city built by and run by immigrants, Like he knows that when Stephen Miller is like orchestrating all his messaging, it's like the worst of the worst of the anti immigrant stuff. But I think in terms of Zorn's opposition to Trump primarily being with immigration, I think Trump understands how immigration like rests very importantly into the identity of New York in which with that's like the main oppositional force. I think Trump similarly we is gonna understand where mom Donnie is coming from in a way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think I think we are going to see like a particularly like Stephen Miller, Oh yeah, conflict.
Speaker 2: As this goes on, absolutely, because this is the perfect example of stuff that Miller and people like Matt Walsh and like the Great Replacement people have been talking about. And the other huge batch of reactions that you're seeing from people like Walsh is that this election only went this way because of how many foreigners were allowed to vote in New York.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If this election was done by true New Yorkers quote unquote yep, then Quotmo would have won. And looking the results of this election, looking at how many immigrants voted, people who have moved to New York in the past ten years, past five years, Mam Donnie did very well with with those groups. You have a lot of these like far right anti immigration people pointing towards that as being like this is what we're trying to defend the country against or else all of our elections are going to go like this, Yeah, unless we make sure that only white Americans can vote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and so there's there's that reaction water sign. The other the the the other reaction from roughly that crowd is women cannot be allowed to vote.
Speaker 2: Yes to which they also they also believe that like yeah, yeah, this analysis obviously has faults, but it's it's even falling apart in terms of like the young male vote. Yeah, yeah, they got hammered, which the Republicans have, you know, have been been very very excited about about how much you know, young men are voting for the Republican Party, right, young young men are all Republican, even even if young women are all the Democrats. And you see in specifically this election where Mam Donnie is up forty percent with young men, and the divide among men is mostly through age, with older men going going for Cuomo and millennials and gen Z men swinging very strongly towards Mamdani. You have all these like Democrats trying to figure out, how do we attract the young male vote, how do we do this? And you have a guy show you what kind of policies, what kind of messaging works exceedingly well, Yeah, which just happens. Wh people tried so hard to kill that strategy, and it was proven twice in a row, first with the primary and even more so with the general.
Speaker 3: And yeah, that will frighten the GOP.
Speaker 2: It'll frighten them seeing that young men will vote for a Democratic socialist if they actually have these policies and you have this type of like solid messaging they're not condescending, and the candidate embodies like a new generation of change. It's very threatening to the GOP and to establishment Democrats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like like I've see Steve Bannon's out here being like if he loves in the midterms and losing twenty twenty eight, I'm going to prison, which from your own to.
Speaker 3: God here, So like.
Speaker 2: The biggest mistake the Democrats made last time, well, there's many, many big mistakes, right, Palestine being a huge one, But I think a huge mistake they made. It's not completely destroying Trump and his whole like caviit's ability to like exist in public life. Like they he Trump should have been immediately in prison for trying to overthrow the government and basically set into a whole and after that Supreme Court ruling on presidential community, it should have like been taken out as like a national security threat. Like Democrats cannot cannot play this like they go low, we go high game anymore if we're going.
Speaker 1: To get out of this, and it's it's probably not given me the Democrats. You do this, but like are Nuremberg is going to have to make the original Nuremberg look like paper clip?
Speaker 2: Like well, that's what the original Nuremburg was. The original Nuremberg also sucked. See that we are are Nerdberg to Nurnberg harder. I see, Yeah, I'm actually doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I really like Jacob Geller's video on Nuremberg, and it is it is a nice emotional play stuff fall back on in times of of torment. But I don't think we're gonna Nuremberg ourselves out of this one. And unfortunately I don't have a very strong solid alternative at the moment. But at the very least Trump should have been treated much, much harsher after January sixth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can leave it as for now Nuremberg to warns and ascent into Nuremberg. Well, this has been a can happen?
Speaker 1: Here are a rare upbeat episode where all of our enemies are having a very bad time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're also mad about Lena Khan on the Transition team. Oh yeah, very funny. They're so very mad, very mad.
Speaker 2: Go to Transition twenty twenty five to learn more about Zoron's Transition team. A fantastic url really really going.
Speaker 3: For it Transition twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Five stealing tread valor true real You go girl.
Speaker 3: I give Zora on the past. You can say it estrogen.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, he's fine as he is.
Speaker 3: For Transit the company. He's actually a good looking man. He doesn't need it.
Speaker 2: He's actually he's actually figured it out.
Speaker 3: I think anyway, we're ended here. It Could Happen Here is a production of cool Zone Media.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website Coolzonemedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 4: Can now find sources for It Could Happen Here, listed directly in episode descriptions.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening.