Speaker 1: Quiet Please with Mel Reed and Kira Dixon is an iHeart women's sports production in partnership with Deep Blue Sports and Entertainment. You can find us on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Quiet Please.
Speaker 3: We have a very special episode today because it is the week of the US Women's Open, aka the biggest week in women's golfs. Some might say I would say that Mel here, Kira here, and we're excited. We've got an interview coming up as well to share with you that has just been something we've been working on forever, especially at Mel. But how excited are you to be at riv.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very excited.
Speaker 5: First time the women have had a major championship in the La County area obviously been absolutely iconic. And I actually think, and I'm not just saying this, I genuinely think this is a fantastic setup for the US Women's Open.
Speaker 4: I think it's strategic.
Speaker 5: You have to kind of hit certain shots, you know, you have to shape it one way or another. It's very very different to what it was last year.
Speaker 4: Aaron Hills, completely different golf course.
Speaker 5: So I'm very very excited to see how the girls, how the girls try and battle that out this week. It's and it's just cool being in at La. I don't know, It's got a different vibe, hasn't it. It's just a big city and it's just cool to be.
Speaker 3: At feels like a big event. So we're going to do something fun today. We're each going to go back and forth and pick five players or storylines for you to follow, So we're going to do kind of a quick rapid fire and then we will kick it over to a special interview that we did with the one and only Charlie Hall.
Speaker 4: We haven't done.
Speaker 5: We haven't had a guest on this podcast for a while, so I feel like this was the this was the one that everyone was waiting for. So we're very excited that Charlie made some time for us last week. And as you can expect, she was authentic, she was honest, She's absolutely hilarious and was an absolute treat to have on the podcast.
Speaker 4: So thank you, Chaza, thank you Charles.
Speaker 3: And if you're here for major Riviera US women's open breakdowns from that interviews, this is not the place watch TV, watch TV, watch mel I'm Live from this week, or listen to somebody Else's show. That interview is all about Charles and life and how unfiltered and hilarious she is.
Speaker 2: So enjoy that.
Speaker 3: Before we get to that, let's start with our five storylines each mel you go first, what's your first story line?
Speaker 5: Well, obviously, I think it's the biggest one, isn't it Nellie Carter. Is she going to get it done this year US Women's Open? I said in a Golf Digest podcast last week, gosh, all my week to get mixed up that I think if she manages to pull this off this week, especially being kind of la you know, she's a superstar, like I don't know. It's the town of Hollywood and all that stuff, So I think it would be one of the greatest sporting achievements we've seen in a long time.
Speaker 4: I think that all eyes are on her.
Speaker 5: The way that she's playing is the best I've ever seen her as a whole, and she's very happy outside of golf. So this is the best we've ever seen Nellie Corder, and it's showing in the first part of the season.
Speaker 4: She obviously won Chevron Chevue.
Speaker 5: Chevron's been a long anti Qa, I love you, Auntie QA I've literally been talking to Kay too much. So she obviously won the first major of the year at Chevron. She's been pretty much dominant since the start of the season. She won Hilton, she won Mexico, So yeah, she is definitely the one to be. I think her game could not be more suited to Riviera as well. She's a fantastic driver of the golf ball. She can shape it both ways. She hits her ironshots long. It's just a putting I think on these Poana greens they get difficult in the afternoon. If she can somehow manage to roll in a few perts early and get off to a good start, I think she's the one to watch. But I also think it would be an incredible achievement because it's it's hard enough in itself to win a US Open or US Room's Open, let alone when you've got a target on.
Speaker 2: Your back m hm.
Speaker 4: And the expectation as.
Speaker 3: Well, So we'll see how she handles all the expectation of being a star in Hollywood.
Speaker 4: This week.
Speaker 3: Speaking of stars in Hollywood, my first storyline is Michelle Wee West being in the field. It is the last year of her exemption from winning the US Women's Open back in twenty fourteen. She was able to take a couple of years off due to maternity leave. So if you're thinking it doesn't line up with the years she won in twenty fourteen, it's twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 3: Her husband's on the bag, her kids are there, she's playing in LA, she's playing in California. She's got a custom shoe from Nike.
Speaker 4: She's sick, by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so like she is living her best life and she is so excited to be there. Her daughter is her sports psychologist. Her daughter is five and is telling her mom, when you get nervous, just take a drink of water and think about having dinner with Jagger and me today, which is adorable.
Speaker 2: And she's gonna do it.
Speaker 3: And she's, you know, who knows what's going to happen, but I know she's been grinding and Michelle is she's a star, and she's activating out there, not just playing. She's bringing people into the journey. So it's gonna be really cool to watch her. So if this could be the last time that we ever see Michelle play in any sort of formal tournament like this, let alone a major championship, so I think that it's a historic must watch appointment television. No matter how she does, Michelle's doneing incredible stuff for our game, and I can't wait to see her this week at riv where I know she's really pumped.
Speaker 4: To be able to play. Yeah, well said, Well said.
Speaker 6: Two.
Speaker 5: So my other storyline is Mega Garne. She just recently turned professional. They just won the NC Double A's with Stanford just dominated. I mean, Stanford just killing it and Walker's doing an incredible job. It's been highly anticipated for a number of years now. You know, we first heard about her. I think it was at twenty twenty one US Women's Open when she ended up finishing fourteenth, But she just was stella throughout the whole event, and she kind of made a lot of noise with her golf, and so I'm very intrigued to see how she's going to do the professional ranks. I think it's pretty fitting that this is her first event, and yeah, she's just a lot of noise around her. So I'm very very and she's a fantastic human being as well. By the way, like I don't know what Stanford do. Obviously, you have to be smart to be there. I didn't quite get a scholarship there. If you asking now, you you weren't.
Speaker 2: You didn't try that, you wouldn't maybe if you had.
Speaker 5: Tried, maybe, But they just somehow just churn out these, you know, these young women who are already kind of stars, they develop them into superstars, not just from a golf game, but from a life standpoint. They just seem very very like all rounded human beings. So I'm very entreated to see what she's going to do in professional ranks, and especially this week.
Speaker 6: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: I had Mega gone a hand on my list, so we didn't compare notes beforehand, so we don't know what each other's top five is going.
Speaker 2: To be, which is kind of exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, mine is the US Women's Open truly feeling like a major in terms of how the USHA treats the players. They've been posting all this stuff about how they have wellness centers and facials and all these provided resources this week for the players, And I know it's it's kind of a secondary thing to golf, but it really truly makes it feel like a big deal. It makes it feel like they're part of something massive to compete for and I think that when they feel that way, we feel that way, the audience feels that way, and you're like, I have to watch, I have to tune in, I can't look away. Yeah, So shout out to the USA for creating an above and beyond experience for the players this week.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 5: I agree, it's improved exponentially over the years. And on the back of that, we're doing a lot more TV. So we're doing a lot more Life From this week. It's the most that we've ever kind of been on TV during a US Women's Open.
Speaker 4: We're getting a lot more guests in this time. So Yeah, I think the.
Speaker 5: Visibility of it is fantastic. I think that whoever has done this, I know that it's part of the USA, and I was part of Craig and the LPGA and part of you know, Golf Channel as well. Like, we really have elevated this week to really make it feel like a big thing.
Speaker 4: So we're on Life.
Speaker 5: From today for three hours, tomorrow five or six hours, next day three hours. So the elevated TV times is imperative to making it a bit event. So we're excited for that as well.
Speaker 2: Was that just off of the back of mine or was that your third?
Speaker 4: Now was my third?
Speaker 3: Because okay, yeah, great, I love, I love, thank you. We just have to be clear here.
Speaker 5: Yeah you know, Okay, well my third Okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: So tune in to watch mel all week, yes and the broadcast, yes please. Speaking of the broadcast, Kara Banks is going to be in the booth this weekend for NBC as a play by play announcer, which is very historic a woman leading NBC Major championship golf. She is our good friend. We wish her so much luck and she's going to absolutely smash it. Kara has been working in the golf industry for the past fifteen years to get to this point, and she is the you know when you look at someone and they're like, Wow, they're just they're just doing everything well, and all of a sudden, all these great things are happening. It's a twenty year overnight success.
Speaker 2: Yes, and Caara is just someone that I.
Speaker 3: Want to be when I grow up, and I look up to her so much, and I know she's going to have a great week represent women in golf as the lead play by play in the booth this week Crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, couldn't agree more, couldn't agree more? Number four, I'm going to pick I have to give some love to the English girls, right, Lotty were Charlie Hill have Todah.
Speaker 4: It's kind of a tale of two hearts. Really.
Speaker 5: I think Charlie, as you will hear, she's been struggling a little bit with her ball striking. That was we kind of saw that last week at shot right. She missed the cup, which is very unlike her. But at the same time, I don't think it was the worst thing missing the cup because it was really really windy, and sometimes playing in the wind could mess up your goal swing, and I think going into the Women's US so Open it probably was for the best. So if she manages, I feel like Charlie some time. I'm going to talk about Charlie Fi. I feel like Charlie at times when a course like Riviera, where you have to be creative visually you can kind of pick t shots and stuff like that. She hones in and she loves big moments, so I wouldn't be if she turns it around this week. So I'm giving a bit of love to our girl Charlie. And then obviously Lotti, you know, she just won the last event that she played in in Cincinnati. She's obviously in fantastic form. She's top five in the world or something like that, so she is going to be one to watch as well, just with the form that she's coming in with and the confidence, and obviously I.
Speaker 4: Would love I would love Nellie to win.
Speaker 5: I think that that would be amazing. But obviously if I could have anybody else, they would probably one of the one of the one of the Brits.
Speaker 4: So I'm rooting for them too this week.
Speaker 3: So on the back of that, since you're picking players to win, I'm going to go in a different direction and I'm going to say Gino. I think she's obviously had a great season. She's been doing this back and forth world number one dance with Nellie. Nellie obviously still is world number one. Gina could very much give her a great challenge for that this week and she I want to see Gino winning a major championship like this. I want to see her in the biggest, brightest lights, and she is a star as well. I think that this golf course fits her extremely well. It fits some creativity.
Speaker 4: I would agree with that Diana as well. She fits a demeanor totally.
Speaker 3: I saw a great clip of her speaking of Gino and Nelly, talking about how Nelly has inspired a lot of Gino's practice routines, and Nellie, you know, she's not a grinder. She doesn't show up for five hours a day just on the range and then also goes in place for practice around and then grinds some more. That's exhausting, especially about the week of a golf tournament. She's grinding it home. Yeah, and I think that she shows up having ground what's the grinded? Yeah, that will do past time subcrine. So anyway, Gino's tried to incorporate that sort of thought process when it comes to the approach to practice. But I could see, you know, having a great week this week, and how cool would it be if we had like a Gino and Nelly battle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would, it would, It would right now.
Speaker 5: Remember five, my girl, Hannah Green, she's won four times worldwide.
Speaker 4: She loves Parana Green.
Speaker 5: She just won the last LPGA event she won happened to be in La So she's very very comfortable on this kind of surface. She grew up in Australia a little bit used to these surfaces and she loves strategic golf courses like where she has to think her way around. She is one of the best. She's sorted out a driving from she was struggling a bit last year. She sorted that out. Iined it out. She's definitely going to be one to watch as well. And again another player who is not only very comfortable with their golf game, but very very comfortable down the stretch when in contention for massive tournaments.
Speaker 4: So watch out for Hannagreen this week.
Speaker 3: And my last thing is all of the brands that are activating around the US Women's Open this week. It seems like I have heard about, or been invited to, or seen on Instagram so many brands saying, Oh, we're having this cocktail party around the US Women's Open, We're doing this special activation, We're doing this special launch of this special clothing line that is not normal for women's events, and it's certainly a new thing for the US Women's Open. I think that it obviously has to do with the fact that it's in LA and it's there's lots of people there and.
Speaker 2: It's easy to activate around that.
Speaker 3: But I mean pop up stores and cocktail parties and special speakers series and anything you want to do around the US Women's Open. It's kind of you know, when you go to a men's major, you go to the Master's tournament, and there's all these cool things to do that are outside of the gates, and that is a really exciting thing to see around women's golf because that has not been the case in the past.
Speaker 4: In fact, I'm going tonight to Charlie's one.
Speaker 2: There you go, she's not doing a party, sure sure, yeah, sure, love you, Charles.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm doing something on Thursday that Cassette is hosting.
Speaker 5: And no, it's incredible, as you said, and it's been like this in the men's game for years. They open the men's US Open, especially the Masters. We've been to a couple eleven week. We love to mention, We do love to mention it sometimes getting fired to them. But they're really fun, like it's fun to hang out with, like it's fun to hang out players. Networking is incredible, and it's just cool to kind of go to these parties and brands because they try and out do each other and they do like really quirky, edgy stuff and it's cool. So thank you for doing it. The women's game, finally on a more consistent basis.
Speaker 3: Said well said, well said, We said, well well said, girl Lord do well said?
Speaker 4: Anyway, thank you?
Speaker 3: Okay, we are going to kick it over to the interview with Charlie Hall. Mel have an amazing week. We will have so much to catch up on. Next week we'll have a good old fashioned quietly it's girly chat. But speaking of a girly chat, enjoy this with Charlie and tune in to the US Women's Open all week. Longtime listeners on the pod know that Charlie Hall is someone that's very special and dear and near to this podcast.
Speaker 2: Charlie, you probably don't know that, but you're going to find that out today.
Speaker 3: Quiet please is very very honored to have Charlie Hall joining us for our US Open preview pod.
Speaker 2: Welcome Charlie.
Speaker 6: Thank you, guys. We're matching glasses on that. We all look so didn't get there.
Speaker 4: You know, I've got over there, I've got him over there, but I don't.
Speaker 6: Sorry.
Speaker 5: I'm intelligent enough, Charles, you know what I mean. I don't need to overdo it a little bit.
Speaker 4: How are you, Charles? You all right? Mate?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, good thank you all good Actually pretty tired day as an eighteen whole prom as.
Speaker 4: Well, says Brutal in it.
Speaker 6: Yeah you were around heading. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, if I can win round a lane this city, mate, then anyone can. So you've got you've got big choose to fill this week, mate.
Speaker 6: Did you celebrate the pub us down the raid here and you know I'm eighteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know I did. And then I got into trouble by Mike one.
Speaker 5: He called me and he basically told me together the fuck out the pub and I was like, listen, Mike, this is cod It was COVID and rightly so. But I was like, this is probably the only time I might be going to win, so I'll just pick fine and I don't care.
Speaker 4: And I'm already drunk.
Speaker 3: So so they have They saw merch there now with Mel's face on it.
Speaker 6: Hilarious, So I'm going to have to go check it out. Yea masters merchandise.
Speaker 3: Yes, you have all your master's stuff, your butternives that you're so excited about.
Speaker 4: And then Mel your bookshelf. Mate, you can put it in your new trophy cabinet. I saw that. By the way, it's very swag.
Speaker 6: It's very swag, doesn't it? Inspiration by Justin Rose basically pasted it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, this looks very familiar. Yeah, it's if you don't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Charlie got a bread new trophy case recently and it's beautiful, really cool.
Speaker 4: So were you redoing your whole house or you just doing a bit of it.
Speaker 6: No, I've red done every single fieldboard in the house, don't know. Four months? Yeah, good and everything. Honestly, I look sick. Keep waiting up every morning and I'm like, oh my god, is this my bedroom because I've like got a bath like at the end of my bed as well. It's pretty cool. Wow, like a swanky hotel. It's wow.
Speaker 4: Because where did you win? Was it in? Where did you win it this year? Was it Saudi?
Speaker 5: Where did you Obviously it was a big check and I just remember hearing you saying to Ads, You're like, but yeah, now it could pay for me else we do.
Speaker 6: Well, I could pay I could. I could afford it anyway. But the thing was, I decided to do the renovations like in January, and we'd had like a month of golf and I was like, oh, this has been a hefty, you know, spendings breath. I've been gone on you know, I was like, this has covered it.
Speaker 4: Perfect time, very nice. Have you gone and played with yet?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't know, have never been there to see any golf at all?
Speaker 6: No, I haven't, no never. I'm I'm such a home person. So listen. If I was at home and you know, for the woman's aig, I would drive up and play the golf course. But I'm not coming to America just for one round of the US Opening. Fly back home. I love home too much for that.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: I tell people I'm like Charlie gets into events relatively late, Like if you see her on a Tuesday, it's usually.
Speaker 4: In the afternoon.
Speaker 5: I was a little bit like that, but it works a little bit better for you. But yeah, no, Riv, it's going to be because you don't even watch golf, do Yeah, So you don't actually like the Genesis or anything.
Speaker 6: No. I watched the Masters, and I watched the Men's the Open Championship, but apart from that, I don't really watch it. Like I'll watch the old you know, like in the old days of like Chell's Wonderful World of Golf, Like I love them because I like the style Back then, I just loved how they play golf. It's like more of an art where now for me it's I find it a bit more boring.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So how do you prep then for a major championship at a golf course you've never seen before? So that's a lot of work to get to pack into a couple of days.
Speaker 6: Just like just tidy up my whole game. You've got to cover every single ara of your game for majors, like because you know expect it to be long, you can expect to be quite firm, you can miss greens, and you have these type chips thit grass. You just got to cover everything, do you know what I mean? So everything sharp?
Speaker 5: Do you feel in a way that like players can I know this sounds a bit odd, but I feel like you're going to feel me here because I feel like I'm on your your wavelength here, Like girls can almost over prep. People can over prep for something, and then it's totally different when it comes to Thursday.
Speaker 6: One hundred percent. Like some of my best golf events have come from me not actually paying too much attention going into the week, like arriving late, not having a practice around. Look at Anak last year, like I had visa issue, I flew in Tuesday and then the pro am. I couldn't play the prom because I was ill, didn't play pratts around and I came forth like I Sometimes I feel like I played better that way, because like every golf course is, it's not. Some golf courses obviously a lot harder than others, but you've always got a hit. There's a fairway in front of your aim the left side of the right side, or the middle side of the fairway. My Taddy can tell me that, and then there's a green. You can tell me if I need to aim a little bit left here, don't miss on the right. Do you know what I mean? If you're playing good, it's not gonna make it well, it's gonna make a big difference, but I can still get it round.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're gonna like RIV because you talk a lot about wanting to bring the Art Forum back of golf and really covering that, and I think RIV is one of the few venues left in the world that encourages that.
Speaker 2: So I think it's going to be a good week for you, Charles Hope.
Speaker 6: So I haven't been hitting it the world the last few weeks, Like I was. I hit it pretty well up to the Chevron, and then after that I kind of like lost my swing a little bit. And I spoke to my coach about it, and he goes, sometimes I practice too much when I'm home, like I actually do. Like it's ridiculous, so all my good feels get kind of it's not stale, but you know when you're over practicing too much, you don't really have that feel. So yeah, I was trying to practice a little bit less when I was home, and I remember I was on the range one day. I was like, yeah, I'm gonna take it easy today. Matt. He was like, yeah, just do two and a half hours max. And I'm like texting him and I was like, I've really done four I've done and He's like really, he said gold Yeah, And it was only eleven o'lock in the morning I start. I started like at like seven thirty or something like that. It was crazy, but yeah, but I just enjoyed golf. I love golf. But a couple of weeks ago, when I wasn't playing very well, was it Cincinnati and I could not hit a straight shot if I was in the middle the fairway and I had a normal seven into a pin. I ended up actually just creating shots, like hitting little fades seven ninees in and I was hitting it a lot closer because then I wasn't I know, you have to think a it more because you're hitting like a faith But I was thinking less because I was just doing it a feel and I was hitting it so much closer than I'd having an easy just a full six lining and I'd completely with it. So then I'd be thinking, right, I want a club up heer h it's like little Katie Faden instead, and I'd hit it close. So I was just trying to get that feel back.
Speaker 4: So you said that you absolutely love golf.
Speaker 5: I've actually spoke about this, not just on this podcast, but in basically every interview that I've ever been or if I'm on the desk and we get talking about you, I'm like, I genuinely.
Speaker 4: Because like people don't think about this.
Speaker 5: Just because we're tall players, we're kind of expected to love golf, and there's a lot of players that don't.
Speaker 4: It's very much like a business.
Speaker 5: They happen to be good at it, they obviously grind at it you genuinely like just love it, and like as soon as you kind of land, you want to go and play with your mates. You'll play with your mates on like a Christmas Day.
Speaker 4: What is it that has just captivated you golf?
Speaker 6: I don't know really. I think it was from being a youngster. Like I started playing golf when I was two years old with my next door neighbor Ben, he was the same age as me, to just whack the golf ball around the garden and then we'll go out and play on the golf course together. And then I joined kepturing and then there was like a whole group of like boy juniors down there and we just have so much laugh, have a good laugh, so so much banter, like hit flop shots for hours on the putting green, playing like for one pound chipping comps, playing for junior dit coked chicken burgers and stuff, and we just had so much fun. And I just really enjoyed the whole atmosphere of it and creating different shots, do you know what I mean? Like if we hit it in the trees, we would have to go for the green if it was even an impossib shot, because we couldn't ship out because we'll get ripped to shreds saying why are you chipping out? For why are you doing Apple? I mean you've got to go for it, do you know what I mean? And I just really enjoy it. Like sometimes I actually get sad when I think, oh, I've got got two weeks away now on tour, like I want to be at home playing with my mates, like and then I'm thinking, oh, next week I'm home, Now I can I can play golf with my mates Ryan or my boyfriend or James. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Well, that's what I'm going to say, is like because I love playing golf at home, like I still love being at home. I feel like this is where me and you are quite similar. Like I enjoyed playing with the boys, like I love the bands with the boys. Like the reason I got into golf is because of the social aspect I really struggled with, like the tour life, Like how do you do you struggle with all life? Or like how do you kind of like switch your mindset do you just go into Like well, I also love competing, like how do you? Because I feel like when you're on tour you still love it, Like how does that kind of mix in together.
Speaker 6: So I find life apart from being on the golf course tour like very boring and very lonely, Like I don't really have a lot of friends out here, like I have Georgia's like my best friend, and I have like get on with like a few other girls like Natalia and who else, like Olivia and that. But I like to keep myself myself because with my friends at home, we can all go like crazy and stuff, and you see like a silly side of me. Where then when I'm on the golf course sometimes out here I'm quite serious. And I don't know, I just find it takes a lot for me to focus. So I felt like if I was going out for like dinners and stuff every night on tour, I'll be so socially, I feel so drained, do you feel what I mean? So it's quite a hard one, like I do feel it is a bit like after the round, you're in a bit of a prison, like you know, in your hotel room for like so many hours and so bored and that. And I do try and go out for like walks and stuff and hang around with ky Adam, but I just want my energy you can say for the golf course and go to the gym, but I do find it very, very hard. That's why I only do two weeks on the trot and then play for a couple of weeks. I've been doing this since I was sixteen, been on tour since I was sixteen years old. At ten when I was sixteen, that's like like fourteen years. So it does like it does drain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's always a rule for you. You did two weeks and then go home. Yeah, two weeks and go home.
Speaker 6: And I don't like to play more than eighteen events or twenty events max, because I've got a life outside of golf as well. Yeah, which I don't want to look back and think, Yeah, I had a great time on the golf course on tour, and I've won this and I've made this much money, but I've wasted gazillions of hours just in my hotel room board. Do you know what I mean? Wishing I was home.
Speaker 2: Did you ever think about playing college golf?
Speaker 6: No, because left school when I was I think eleven or twelve years old, so I don't think I've got no gcss to qualify to go to college.
Speaker 3: What were you doing when you were twelve, she was killing on a.
Speaker 6: Golf course, kid, right, the mates and the golf course.
Speaker 3: Now, what did your parents say when you told them I'm going to leave sport at twelve?
Speaker 2: What did What did they say?
Speaker 6: When my dad left school when he was fourteen till start fastering? Do you know what I mean? Like that?
Speaker 4: Is that when he had a motor head?
Speaker 6: Yeah said so he had a motorbike. You know the days of mods rockers like the motorbike Boys, and there's always fighting. That was my dad stars in his space. He's got some great stories. Honestly, I can sit down and listen to my dad all night. It is hilarious.
Speaker 2: He's welcome to join the party at any time.
Speaker 5: Dave's a legend, mate, He's an absolute legend. He's probably the only blow that my dad would kind of like go and spot out because they were just all I build the stuff, do you know what I mean? Like just proper soul to the earth school blokes, just like say attention to our golf, just chat absolute shit to He's always kind of wears.
Speaker 4: Dave right, he's over there, dad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And what I loved my dad and I reckon like your dad miss him in the same mat Like, as long as I tried on the golf course, even if I shot a hundred or if I shot sixty eight, he would still be proud of me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well my dad.
Speaker 5: My dad would watch me at the British Open, mate, and as soon as I started playing shit on the front nine, he's fuck off because he wants to go back to the.
Speaker 4: To the Blue Belt back in Derby.
Speaker 5: So by the time I finished, he's already in the pub having his second pint.
Speaker 6: So my dad going through about forty cigarettes and around sometimes he has a background. It'll be about sixty he'll be down in the local news agents. Again there's marlbareads.
Speaker 5: We'll get onto the sok at a minute, mate. But let's get to the positive side of it. And you you new fitness journey. Do you think that's helped you on tour because you said that really helps you mentally because that gets gets you away from the course a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely, one hundred percent. But the thing is, because I got my injury last year when I snapped to the ligament my ankle, I've not really been able to get back into the gym. So it's been quite depressing because I found like gym. Going to the gym was really like my mental where I'd get away and like my mental like reset. So when I kind of got injured, so if I felt down, I'll go to the gym and I'd feel amazing after. But with doing that to my ankle, I've literally I'm only about now just starting to get back into running, and I can't lift weights or anything even because I'm back from the injury. So it's been quite frustrating. But I've got into plates and stuff. But I love going to the gym. I just think it's great, and I like I like hearing about people as well who's been inspired to get into the gym and they just hopefully found, you know, fell in love with it.
Speaker 3: But you're you're doing gym like on a different level. Generally, mel will tell stories about you going and running a ten k in the morning and.
Speaker 2: Then showing up to your tea time.
Speaker 6: Ready, Yeah last year was it? Last year? Yeah? Last year in Arizona, I think around fifteen K I fell asleep at like five o'clock in the evening, right and I was teen off at like eight in the morning or eighth day and I woke up at like two in the morning and I was like, oh, I can fit a fifteen k running. So I've gone down to the gym about half two, done my fifteen k run. Finish it probably about I don't know, I don't know how long it took me, probably like an hour and a half or whatever, and have a shower and then go down and have I had. I think I let my house self have some bacon that day and some you know, bacon sausages, and then hit a few balls and went out and paid golf and I think I shot nine under that day and I was like, wow, they go book By Sunday, I was pretty tired. Yeah, I think I was leading going into the fun around and then Sunday crashed.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: I remember at Soulheim last year, Robert Joe's like, you were just you were just smashing on the treadmill.
Speaker 4: Laura did a bit of psychlo Yeah, yeah, but is she going to be all right?
Speaker 5: I was like, just leave her. She's absolutely fine. She knows what she's doing. And she read it tame kay And that's when you beat Nellie like seven and.
Speaker 4: Six or something.
Speaker 5: I was like, you're on a different planet. Girl, you are on a different planet.
Speaker 6: I'm one of these people, you know. If I had the day of doing absolutely nothing and I chilled in the house, I'd find that so boring. I'd find like I get quite depressed and I'd have no energy. But if I had five hours sleep and had to get up early and then I had to do my run, even though I feel tired for the rest of the day, I'd have so much energy helps me, even though probably a couple of days after I feel tired because I've not had enough sleep or stuffing, but it just doing something makes me have more energy.
Speaker 5: With your injury, all right, I think I've spoke to you about this, but just just I want you to just clarify this. So it was in a pothole, wasn't it. Didn't you fall down a pothole? Its like in the car park?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a car park and they didn't finish the drainage off, okay, And yeah I felt down over the drainage and as I felt I heard my ankle snap.
Speaker 2: Like I I didn't really something happened.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I completely tore the ligament straight. And where was this the centurion at around the pif London but yeah, it was pretty crazy. And then I got up a bit after and I was walking around and then the physio was like, no, you definitely wouldn't have snapped anything. It's just like a little sprain. And then I go get it in my eye and I was like, you fully snapped it. And then the physio said, you've probably got You've got You must have a ridiculously high pain threshold. And I was like, yeah, I've done a few things, like I broke my wrist back in twenty seventeen and I played the week after. It was crazy. Actually it was a week before the it was remember back in the day, it was Kraft Nibisco. It was at Mission Hills and Chevron Now and it was week before we played the Key Classic and I hit this shot out the rough and I was like, oh, I felt my my wrist twinge. I went it got a bit swollen, went to the doctor's got an MRI showed that I had like a fracture in it. So then I was like, oh, I don't know. I think you'll be able to play next week. This and that come back in a week's time. We'll go and get it free. Am I ride where it's called in a week's time it healed. I was like, I've never seen it heal like this. I was like, this is this is freaky crazy, Like I must heal really quickly. Anyway, I played and I came sick.
Speaker 3: But she's super human.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I am. It's pretty crazy. Anyway, my mum's got quite a high pain threshold. Actually yeah, yeah, but yeah, honestly asked my dad that story. It was like, this is freaky. I was like, are you sure that this thing's like correct? Are you sure child is not paying off the doctors so she can just play this week?
Speaker 5: That is so funny. Yeah, so the opposite of the hell stuff. Obviously. I know you're not smoked anymore, but when you when you were smoking, I thought it was brilliant. Obviously the whole world thought it was absolutely brilliant. I do I do miss Charlie ripping darts. I at least to love to talk about it.
Speaker 6: To be fair, I did rip a few darts in Singapore this year.
Speaker 4: Did you nice?
Speaker 6: Nicotine pa pouches were banned out there.
Speaker 4: Oh so you just had a few cues cigarettes? Nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Did you enjoy that attention? Like, did you find it funny or did.
Speaker 4: You not really care?
Speaker 6: I didn't really care, but I found it hilarious because I was, like, I was brought up in the household when my dad used to smoke four cigarettes a day. There's pictures of my mom because I was I was a nineties baby. If my mom's standing there with you know them slito cigarettes, you know, the big belong ones, the person ones like with an high waisted jeans on me and as a baby, hold me in one arm and her smoking in the other one, Like that was normal back of the nineties. So yeah, people now saying to me are smoking like it's a fascination. I'm like, this is just normal to me, you know what I mean. Like my sister smokes, my nephew smokes, who's like twenty four, Like my dad smokes, my auntie smokes. Everyone smokes. It's just like, hang on, am I like missing something here. It's just like not the normal. And I remember my mum saying to me, oh, tie downing, you could have at least been smoking a classy cigarette. I'm like, sorry, mom.
Speaker 5: Well, I remember I remember being in the gym with you in La This is about three years ago, and I don't know what. You were on the tread will doing some shoot or something, and I've just gone outside to go on the phone, and you've just come out. You've just like ripped like three or four three or four puffs of a cigarette and then a right, I gotta go back on the Treadwill, And just went back on the treadlill just smashed like a whole roof, like workout.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: I used to live it.
Speaker 6: I used to go for a run around the lake in Virginia ward down like in near like Sender where I lived, and it was like a seven k around the lake. And I remember had my little run in vest. My trainer got me it for my birthday, Kate did. And I used to think, oh, I can put my cigarettes in there. So I used to go for my little round. As soon as my life step got over seven came up, I was like, lit my diep and I'll smoke it. I'm like, great, my lungs are nicing clear now for that first pulff of it, I can neally inhale the whole cigarette now and then sometimes like it was funny like back when I used to smoke, and it was a slow day on the golf course and George would be sometimes a couple of holes ahead of me and we were we would like coming over like, She's like, was that was a long day? I'm like, yeah, that was a cigarette whole you know, the whole cigarette day. You know, it was one of them days. There was so long out there, the whole packet.
Speaker 4: Has been done.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you hate slow play?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Do you hate slow pay?
Speaker 5: What would you do then? What would you do to all these slop? Like do you when you sometimes look at like your tea times? You know, oh my god, like do you what do you want to?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: How would I resolve it?
Speaker 2: She solved?
Speaker 3: Commissioner, Commissioner, Sorry, Craig, we love you.
Speaker 5: But yeah, we need Charlie. We need things to get done around here. Oh right, Solomon, Yeah, you've mentioned that you struggle a little bit in just because it's at your routine. I think that Actually here is the one that was interviewing you.
Speaker 4: I totally get ye.
Speaker 2: Charlie was under the umbrella.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and you said you said you were really honest.
Speaker 2: You said I'm not really a team player.
Speaker 3: And I love that you said that because that was just you being exactly who you are and opening up about that.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I just, I just I just struggled like being in a team environment, and I struggle being out of my routine. I'm such a creature of routine. If you get on trying to say, I am, but do you like sore home? I love some time when it starts on Friday. I absolutely love it. There's a lot of stuff that we have to do before and everything that mel You can agree that it can be quite draining, can't it.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't think people understand like the actual that we have no time, Like we have a certain amounts of time to practice, then we've got to go to guard to dinners, then we've got to go to shoots, which take a century.
Speaker 4: Then we've got to do media.
Speaker 5: Then you've got to do this like you actually have no time for yourself.
Speaker 4: So it is. It is really tiring.
Speaker 5: But I must say, Charlie, you are like trying to tame a wilder animal that week. And I think that's why they brought me in as a vice captain because I'm like, I will relay the message.
Speaker 4: Just let her be. She hasn't turned up to the meeting.
Speaker 5: Just let her be and I'm like texting Vickie like is she coming down, and she's like, no, she's doing this. I'm like, that's perfect. I'll just tell her she's playing with in the morning. It's all good.
Speaker 6: No, too fair, I'm not gonna lie that. When I see that you is like the vice captain. I was buzzing you. I said to me, I'm so happy I love Melvin.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the first time you met mel Or how you became friends with Belle No?
Speaker 6: I remember watching her acts. I think it was at the Oxford Chair in the British British Masters back in the day, that's right, when you was young, when I was only really really small then, And remember watching you with your white blonde hair.
Speaker 5: Blonde hair brand used to diet Britann used to die for me for two fifty Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was like, she's so cool. And then the first time I ever met now you won't remember this was I was playing as an amateur invite the Turkish Open and there was a lock on the freezer on on like the fridge drinks fridge on the first tea and you come over and try to like picklock it or something. He was thirsty and I was like, I was like, that is this allowed? She's stealing. He's like, no, no, it's just locked. The players are allowed to have it, but it's just locked. I think they locked it because it was like late at night. I was saying. I was just like, ah, oh then wow, so good. She's like I was like, she is that being back in better?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I still love playing with you because like I don't know, I think that you were just like a ball of energy.
Speaker 4: And like it's soul high you Like I don't know. I was like, I've got it.
Speaker 5: I'm like I love this ship for her, like she's one, She's unbelievable player. I'm like, put me, put me out, like with whoever you want. I was like, but I would love to play with like either it was my girl, and I was like, just put me out with Charlie. I was like, I can deal with it, like I just think she's awesome. We actually did all right together there and then hey, I did I remember telling the story about International Crown when when you.
Speaker 6: Play solo, Yeah, well you carried us the first day.
Speaker 4: Let's be honest.
Speaker 5: You're like, no, no, no, I think I made like one part. I made one eagle and like one part, and I think they were rinsing me in the media, like oh Mele's back must be tired. And then unfortunately you got sick, and then I had to play on my own. And then I just remember being in the press conference the next day with you and You're like you feel a bear now, Charles, how is everything?
Speaker 4: You're like, yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 5: I was like, yeah I did. It was felt well, good, said Charlie. I v so that it was an IV. I threw your peanuts through your room. Can you remember threw some peanuts?
Speaker 4: I remember.
Speaker 6: That's funny, honestly, Like my brain isn't processing sometimes, like I know what I mean, but the wrong words come out. I remember once I was when Twitter first came out, and I was well, I was about sixteen years old and I had quite a few I had about seventy thousand followers on Twitter at this one point, right, and I and you know, the golf swing room, so the golf simulators I put on my twitters, like, had a great day of woven day on the golf stimulator. It was amazing. Right now, So I'm getting all these tweets back right saying, oh, I didn't realize Woburn was like that, what was you doing at naughty Girl? And I'm like and I'm not. And I'm like, dad, why are people saying this? I'll go because I said I've been woven on the stimulator and he was like, oh, what about as mum? I was like, oh, okay, And then I realized what I said. I was mortified. I was like, gosh, I didn't know them things existed because only like sixteen.
Speaker 5: Oh and she learned a word that dick she did she did, No more stimulators for you.
Speaker 4: Charles, wait, can.
Speaker 3: We go back to the ivy thing? Because mel this has been a theme me, well for your sperm.
Speaker 5: Oh oh yeah, okay, hell this story I don't know how it's not going on the press. But so basically I was We're playing in la wheelchair and.
Speaker 6: Carlie on the back of the range.
Speaker 5: Well, on the back of the range, I was talking to Marina and Charles comes storming over and Charlie goes, you've got Carlie pregnant. I was like, yeah, and you how that happened? And I said, well, you know, and I thought, do I get into detail? I was like, I'll just skin the surface. So I was like you know, sip calive. Yeah, blah blah blah. I went into it and then Charles just like had this look on her and she just went so it was your sperm and I was like, hmm, how do I answer this?
Speaker 4: I went, yeah, mate, and she was like.
Speaker 5: Whirring geezer and just like walked away and he was like the running thing. Then I see you like four months later at Liberty and You're like, how do you spur? Mate? Is it still going strong? I was like, still strong, mate, And then and.
Speaker 6: Then oh so, so I'm cut right, guy is there and he has just started walking, isn't he? And I'm like it was it was a Monday morning after not with one we lost song Cup actually that yeah, but anyway, after the next morning after so long Cup and I'm like getting my breakfast. So I was like turned round to say something and I didn't realize it was just walking under my legs and I kicked him by accent from in my step. He went flying. He went He honestly went in the air and then landed on like the beanie bugle saint, didn't he I was like, oh my god, I'm so sorry. He's like, don't worries. All right, it's right, but sucking out your sperm went flying.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's just brilliant. You just couldn't write it so.
Speaker 6: Very bad though, but I just had to. He was all right, I just come out.
Speaker 4: I made a rubber mate. Don't worry. I've dropped him loads. He's fine.
Speaker 2: He's a tough kid.
Speaker 4: Tough.
Speaker 5: How do you deal with like how do you deal with because obviously you get a lot of attention, I think, especially.
Speaker 3: In the past couple of years, Like you've really blown up in the past couple of years, like setting the smoking aside.
Speaker 5: Like you yeah, like it's awesome, Like it's exactly what golf needs. Like you are the character that we have been wanting for years and years and years. Like you really do elevate women's golf, like on and off, you know, the golf course.
Speaker 4: Like how do you deal with like how do you deal with that attention?
Speaker 6: Probably because I don't really care. I actually don't care. It's just yeah, it's just me, like one of my favorite things. I don't really so Like for my Instagram, I do go on it, but then I delete off my phone for like a few days, and then I'll whenever I'm on it. I'll just add it on my phone, download it again and going it from compowers and then delete it. But I do find it, so I don't scroll for hours because I end up scrolling going to wormholes and just loads of stuff, do you know what I mean? Not that people post like people that post by my friends and stuff, just like you know that little search page where you could just start watching run and stuff. But I do find it quite funny, like people like, oh, it's so hard with all the negativity that we get. I'm like, why do you care about the negativity? Do you know what I mean? Like, I find it hilarious sometimes, like I love to have the little reply back and have a bit banter, and apart from that, I don't care, Like why do I Why should I care what people think of me if I don't know them, Do you know what I mean? Yeah, it does not bother me at all.
Speaker 5: And like I feel like you get a lot like you're very outspoken as well, And I love this about you because I try and stick up for women golfers all the time, when like a guy who's off scratch is like I could beat a tour player, I could beat one of the top ten players in the world.
Speaker 4: What do you have to say to that?
Speaker 6: Go on, then let's see it up, because I.
Speaker 5: Don't think they could. I don't think they could beat you. I don't think they where no where. Every every dog, every dog has its day, do you know what I mean? But I mean on the average, yeah, totally, Like it is quite funny, do you know what I mean? It is funny, Like so many people come up to me and like, oh, you know, I could just tear up in the US Open And when I.
Speaker 4: Could tear definitely not.
Speaker 5: I'm like, no, you couldn't. I'm like, do you know how these kills are? I had three twenty I'm like, so, I'm like this, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Have you seen how good they are with the hybrids?
Speaker 5: Like yeah, which it can hit your wedge literally, Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: But the fact that they put this stuff on the internet and say it out loud to people is also just psychotic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I see. I think it's kind of if you've got a certain mindset, you can you can think you got to turn it into a positive and be like, come on, then I'll show you, do you know what I mean? Like it spare it spares me on. Like sometimes negativity actually gears me up a bit, do you know what I mean? Yeah, I'm going to I'm going to prove you wrong. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Do you think that that drives you? That drives you more? Like I want to prove you role instead of proving myself right.
Speaker 6: Do you know like when people say they're on home soil this week, they're they're they're the they're the one to be. So I think I always think when you're the underdog, you're better because you've got not such pressure on you and you can just sneak up from behind and bite them on the butt. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, no one.
Speaker 5: I had another question then I can't think of any I can't think I was going to go with that. Oh I know what's going to go with that? Do you think we should get rid of hybrids? I'm just curious what you think about that? Do you think we should bring.
Speaker 4: Them on lines?
Speaker 6: We should? I think? Have we lost? Now?
Speaker 4: I'm here?
Speaker 2: He can I can I guess? Can I guess what you're going to say?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was just going to say, You're going to say everyone should play a blade?
Speaker 6: Yeah, one hundred.
Speaker 3: Nice, but but can you can you have your buttternes? But can I keep my hybrid because I just want to play for fun?
Speaker 6: Yeah, a hundred percent. But I think it'd be cool to have a tournament all the pros just play with blades and I'll tell you what, Melvin, I think you would do very well because you're a proper ball striker.
Speaker 4: Oh, cheers chas.
Speaker 5: I Well, I used to love playing. I used to hate hybrids. I've never played a hybrid in my life. I used to play long irons all the way up to like maybe a three iron.
Speaker 4: Sometimes.
Speaker 5: I used to even hate putting a five would in my bag. I know I had to do it because I hit it better, but yeah, I just loved to hitting like blades and proper golf.
Speaker 4: Mate, Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, having to create shots because sometimes they're harder to stop on the greens when you come in on a long iron, then you'd have to hit this high fade cut rather than just having a normal hybrid a normal shot. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Because I feel like, especially in the women's game, it's very much a to B B two C C T C. And like you said, earlier, Like, I wish there was a bit more creativity, And I think that that equipment to an extent has obviously elevated, but to an extent it's also hindered it. It's took away the actual skill and creatives and playfulness.
Speaker 3: I agree, Yeah, it's made it not as necessarily entertaining at all times.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So and on that, Charlie, you we already heard one thing that you would do if you were the commissioner. But seriously, if you, if you did have the power over the LPGA to make changes tomorrow, what's some of the first stuff that you would address that really irks you week in and week out to make it either better for the players or better for the audience that watches.
Speaker 6: So, I don't know, I think of random things.
Speaker 4: But do you think we need fans?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we definitely need way more fans. One like, if you look at the British Open nasher and the phone around, I had that that atmosphere was so good and I wish we had this weekend and week out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Because I also think, and this is my argument. I spoke to Craig about this. I'm like, it's incredible We've got the prize money that we do, dole that we have facilities that we do for the players and recovery rooms. All that has been elevated. Like I feel like, you know, the social media's got better this year. Expotentially, the problem is we don't have fans and the thing that creates great moments.
Speaker 4: It's not just the shot, it's the atmosphere.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: See, I would probably then have I don't know how much the tickets cost. Why don't I just have like the free tickets coming in. That's what I'll do, do you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Just to get people in the door.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And you know what, I find what I used to love about coming over to the what we're playing in Europe and that do you remember would have like fan zone, you know, like you'd have a fat tenty village like in America. I don't really have that, And I feel like that would be such an appeeling thing for young kids and everything and bringing families.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you know what I mean with the big TVs and you just go sit there for a bit if you need to chill. The widows like being chaotic. Yeah, yeah, it's a way more kind of kid friendly British when I.
Speaker 6: Used to go because when I used to go to the Men's Open Championship, I used to be like, Wow, this is so all this big, like the tent of village and even when you go to like Wentworth, you know the BMW, the PJ, Wow, the tent of village like that's where the whole atmosphere and then it gets people getting onto the golf course because like I'd walk down there. All my friends who don't play golf, they go to that that that they go to the bing WPJ because of the tented village and then then they'll go out on the golf course and watch golf even when they never watched golf before.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I'm with you with that, Mabe. I think that's the biggest, the biggest challenge now because I also think if there's crowd, like I just remember you at Walton Heath, like you're going down contention, there was thousands of fans there and you just thrived like you just you're one of them players that you like it. As Solheim Cup, I feel like the more atmosphere pressure from an atmosphere, you just switch on another gear that maybe even you don't know you have, you know where some players crumble, and I think that that would just create a bit more drama coming down the stretch in these big events.
Speaker 6: One hundred percent, one hundred percent. It gives you goosebumps. You it's like you feel like you're in an arena, you know. Yeah, and you're the same as that mal when we play in the salamb and stuff. We were just buzz walking down the fairway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we will find.
Speaker 3: I think there's a certain you have to have a certain gear as a professional golfer to actually be successful. To love the show. At the end of the day, it's a show. It's a it's an entertainment. So you have to love being the star of the show and you actually win.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you have to embrace it because I'll tell you what though, when there's a lot of people out there and when you're not having a good round, you do, you feel like you go propit in yourself as well, So you have to bring yourself out. Then it takes a lot of energy to then bring yourself, you know, out of that when you just want to hide, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, one percent, one hundred percent. Right, I'm a bit conscious of time here, so do you want to do the Shush of the week?
Speaker 4: Okay, dog, yes, oh, Charlie.
Speaker 3: So we have this segment called the Shush of the Week, so you can think about it for a second.
Speaker 2: Male and I will go first.
Speaker 3: But basically, every week we think of something that has annoyed us this week, or some silly situation that came up, or somebody that was a jerk to us, and we call them out or say whatever that situation was, and that's our shush, because you know, the show is called quiet Please, so we're trying to be funny.
Speaker 6: Got to think, who were told a shush this week?
Speaker 4: I feel like.
Speaker 5: My shush of the week it's not that interesting because normally it's just about travel stuff. But New Jersey drivers just I was driving down today from New York and they just I just don't like driving a New Jersey and I enjoy driving and I just think they're psychotic.
Speaker 4: And I just don't get the road system.
Speaker 5: I think to go off and not have roundabouts is really odd, Like you have to do like eight to five left turns to get back on the motorway.
Speaker 4: So driving a New Jersey for me is not it.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: My shush of the week is Sorry, mel but it's going to have to be you because Mela. She goes, we should do this Instagram trend where you edit something as a reality show, and I was like, okay, great, So then we started doing it and the whole time Melo was shocked that I keep taking videos of her, asking to take videos of me because I'm trying to make this video.
Speaker 2: She's like so annoyed with me. This was your idea?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I know, I.
Speaker 2: Know.
Speaker 6: My shish of the week now it was an actual shish and Sunday night, my boyfriend was snoring so loud in my air, like I had tend to shush. Honestly, just snoring in my ear. I'm like that sud the ben.
Speaker 4: My health, the new bath.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I was really thinking about like pinching his nose in the middle of the night so like he woke up. But I can do it because he just looks like cute asleep.
Speaker 4: Got picky. You know, Charlie, we really appreciate you.
Speaker 5: Come on listen, you know what have you to death may and just keep being you.
Speaker 4: You are a breath of fresh air.
Speaker 5: You have many many fans all over the world because you are authentically yourself and you obviously are a rock star on the golf course, but you are off and we just really appreciate every bit of you. You're just an absolute legend, mate, And if you call me, just keep calling me melviy on what mate?
Speaker 6: Go?
Speaker 4: Will you?
Speaker 6: Would you ever come back and play one more tour event?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Ship? Now mate?
Speaker 5: I'm so shit? Maybe maybe? Why do you want me to? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think it'd be so much fun if there was.
Speaker 4: An I would if there was an English shape, and I definitely would.
Speaker 6: Right, let's letssage, Let's.
Speaker 5: Get VI on it, get Vicky on it, and I may get the old might get the old blades out when if that was if that literally won't be able to hit it.
Speaker 2: My driver is me wants to play the Senior Tour?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I want to play ground? How do you think Charles.
Speaker 6: Thirteen?
Speaker 4: Close? Yeah, I'll say that. Yeah, oh wow, that's pretty good. Twelve years?
Speaker 6: How many? How many? I was? Any? I said that because I was just trying to think of the age that I was when I watched you in the English Open. That's why.
Speaker 4: Yeah thirty eight, so yeah, twelve years.
Speaker 6: So yeah, have a year about twenty eight stale now.
Speaker 4: Thank you, mate, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the energy of a twenty eight year old.
Speaker 4: I've got the energy of a labrador puppy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which is which is annoying to everyone that works with the including Cara, So I apologize.
Speaker 3: No, no, I love that energy. That's what makes it so great that I love you. But Charlie, Charlie, I just wish that more people were like you and were more open and didn't care as much and weren't so constantly concerned with everybody thought and what they said, because it would make women's golf better. So if anyone is taking any inspiration, I hope that they take that from you because that's such a superpower and.
Speaker 6: I think it just made everyone's life in general a lot more happier.
Speaker 4: Ye yeah, no, I think yea, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 6: You give us a fuck what I think? Just do you and.
Speaker 4: Exactly and go kill it. Review mate, You know that would be the dream for me. It just would be to see you listen that trophy coming on.
Speaker 5: So sending good vibes, not that you need it, but wish you all the best too.
Speaker 6: And Nancy, thanks guys, I appreciate it. Celia bye, Thanks, Charlie, Bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to Quiet Please. We'll be back next week with more golf apps.
Speaker 2: And we want to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts and tell us what you want.
Speaker 6: To talk about.
Speaker 1: It just might be the topic of our next show. Quiet Please is hosted by Mel Reed and Kira Dixon. Our executive producer is Jesse Katz. Our supervising producer is Grace Hughes. Our producer is Jonathan Kermer.
Speaker 5: Listen to Quiet Please on America's number one podcast network, i Heeart. Open your free iHeart app and search Quiet Please with Mel Reed and Kira Dixon and start listening.