Speaker 1: Talk Talk, talk to We're just two unapologetically black women with an opinion to talk.
Speaker 2: What's up, y'all? Thank you for tending in for a new episode of We Talked Back, a show dedicated to you naked, I mean you, what was that? And did your co host AJ Holliday? What's up? Tom?
Speaker 1: And it's dedicated to those blanks and everybody in between. Hey gyll, Hey y'all. I love y'all once again this week, I'm still coming with all the love.
Speaker 2: How you doing, friends, I'm good. I met a couple, uh, couple of beige guys this weekend, and I think that maybe one might have listened to the show and he curved me yesterday, So I mean yeah, so, but I'm just saying maybe that maybe the intro scares people off, because last night I was good, right, So fuck the period.
Speaker 1: I can't Well, maybe we don't have to say to niggas and hoes.
Speaker 3: Maybe we could just say to ninjas and pros.
Speaker 1: Ninjas and pros.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so toutch your toes.
Speaker 3: What you do this weekend besides meet some beige guys.
Speaker 2: I was outside all weekend, like for real, outside.
Speaker 3: Celebrating our wind. Yeah, celebrate your wins kind of.
Speaker 2: I guess maybe that's what it was. I just started wearing brunch every day and then then just didn't get home till ten eleven o'clock at night, so brunch starts at one time twelve. So I was doing twelve hour shifts of ratchet shit this weekend. It was really fun, real, real fun. You know, Charleston has a lot of nice places, a lot of nice like rooftop bars, and it's always sunny out and shit, and we got palm trees. I just feel like niggas be hating because we got palm trees and we got the beach and it just be nice. All the Southern Charm characters are out this weekend too, y'all know. We got the reality show in Charleston, Southern Charm, that which highlights all the prominent elitists in the city, you know, the slave owners descendants exactly, okay, and all the generational wealth a couple of them. Not My favorite character off that show is what's this girl's name? And she was out as well. But she doesn't she didn't come from money for real. She she's a she owns the salon here now and I don't even think she got the salon until she was on the show. Not Madelin. I forgot her name anyway, she just got married, super pretty white girl. But the rest of them follow Yeah, the rest of them are mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Said I stay home and cook meals for uh.
Speaker 2: Uh, you was cooking for niggas this weekend.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: I hear that. You gotta you got a boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, a friend because I just had to let these niggas know, you know, because they be thinking because I make them take me to dinner all the time that I don't know how to cook, but I can get these pasta quaking what you cook? I had a all right, So I made some steak, I made some rabbis, and I made some lobster mac and cheese, and I made some broccolini with some little honey. Honey but a croissant's on ma sad sounds good like and some wine.
Speaker 2: I heard you had that world where now mi mac and cheese, like, I've made your mac and cheese, but I've never actually tasted your mac and cheese. You know. It's it's like a it's like a a like a love spell or something. You put your own little mix on this. I know mine's probably tastes different. I haven't actually tasted yours, but I heard it was good.
Speaker 3: Well, when you come to Charlotte, I'll make you a little small pan.
Speaker 2: I heard your mac was mac and bitch, it's it's the bee's knees. People have been back too and be macing.
Speaker 3: No, let me tell you what I love yours, red rice.
Speaker 2: B Look, we had a trade recipes. You know, real cooks don't be just giving our fucking recipes. So I was like, all right, bitch, let me get the mac and cheese. I'll send you the red the red rice recipes.
Speaker 1: That red rice is so good. That's why I got this little extra piece of hip.
Speaker 2: You know, I can't even eat red rice like that no more because it doesn't like taste the same without all the meat, you know, cut it off. Yeah. I haven't had red rice myself in a long time years.
Speaker 1: But it's pointless if you just eating red rice, right, No, no animals right, no animals cooked in the rice?
Speaker 2: Is it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Let's get into our stupid internet, nigga.
Speaker 2: Let's see what's going on. So uh, I want to start with Ebony K. Williams and Ayanaana. I can't say her name, say it ian love on Zant got it okay, which is not her real name, but let's start there. Yeah, so I know you've probably seen it if you guys haven't, So it's a viral video going on right now. So ebide King Williams and essentially Ayanya Ayanya was.
Speaker 3: Asked Ivy just call her by Ivy.
Speaker 2: Ivy was asking her when she date a bus driver, right, and she said, if he owned the bus, that's what you know. Ebdy K Williams response was, I like comments. I like to see what the people think. I really don't give a fuck what the people think, but I do like to see people's thought process and a lot of people talking shit, especially the men. Oh she's forty something still with no man, this and the third and I'm like, after this weekend and being out a little bit, is it possible that there are a lot of black women that are single and haven't been wedded because or I think she's been married before she's divorced, right, she isn't married now, but I think a lot of Black women are single because we choose to stay within our own shit, right, you know, if she were to choose to maybe date outside. She might be married.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with her wanting him to own the bus?
Speaker 2: I don't know. And I feel like, ma'am, you don't compare me to you, Like you might be cool with that shit, like you might have to get a bus driver, but that's.
Speaker 3: Not what I want, right aur Yalla was like, see, that's your problem, bit.
Speaker 2: And there's nothing wrong with a bus driver, but you don't go through life being a super accomplished woman right to not at least want somebody. And I hate to use the term equal, but that's what it is. I feel like in a black community, black men are hypergamous. Black men date up all day long, like you got to come with all the shits, right, But for the black women, like it's almost like, oh, I can't believe you bitches who are quiet. Stuff, that's a problem. Like they want us to date down so that they have access to the best of the best, right.
Speaker 1: I agree, But no, because a black man will grab a woman out of target skin and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes she's if she's a hispanic, yeah, with a big booty, with all our with all our characteristics, right, all our physical characteristics and aesthetics, but just not on a black woman. Is that fair to say, Oh, successful black men I've seen I've seen successful black men grab black women out of the strip club dancing on a pole.
Speaker 1: So I mean that's not really hypergamy?
Speaker 2: Is it? That is hypergny? That woman on the pole is dating up. Yes, that's hYP for her, but it's not hypergammy right for the man? Right? Yeah? I don't know.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, I guess it's a craw shot. Honestly, I just don't like people being angry with a woman for wanting.
Speaker 3: Better for herself, Like, why are you upset about that?
Speaker 1: I just don't get that right.
Speaker 2: And now it's like a trending topic online and it puts black women Now it's like, I'm sorry, Ivy gives me pick me energy. I'm sorry, she just does. And I don't think we should be shunning any other black women for her preference. Men get to have preferences all day long or what they prefer in relationships. Why is it like a death sentence when we do, Like, oh, you just automatically get super shamed for you know, putting out there what you want. Why not, right, that's how you get what you want? You have to fucking speak it.
Speaker 1: So I just thought about oh boy friend uh with Jada Pinkett when he was driving the bus.
Speaker 3: He took her to the feeling and fucked her. Who what's his name?
Speaker 2: What movie?
Speaker 1: Alan Payne, Allen Payne and Jada Pinkett on Jason's lyric. He got her, he picked up on the bus. It was nobody else on it, and he took it to their feeling fucked her. I might do that with a bus driver if he was fine. Yo, No, fucked me in some roadses, big daddy.
Speaker 2: The thing is, it's okay if we're in our twenties, right and we're growing and building together. But we're talking about forty year old women and up we're not the only single ones. Black men are single too, Like, it's a lot of Black single men, it's a lot of Black single women. I just think that oftentimes in the black community, we don't put as much emphasis on marriage. Black men in particular don't put that much emphasis on marriage. They don't see the benefit of value. Yeah, they don't see the benefit in having a wife and building, like for real, building a legacy and not just saying it. They don't see the value in it. So that's why we single. It ain't because it's not men out here, you know what I'm saying. They just don't have they don't just don't put the value on marriage, same way we don't put value on education. And a lot of other things were actually going to get into in this particular episode. But yeah, I'm with uh, I'm definitely with F D. K. Williams. Sorry too, Okay, sorry.
Speaker 1: Unless one of y'all got a bus, it could take me to a patch of flowers and you find somewhere every k. Tony Braxton revealed that she went underwent emergency heart surgery in September to treat a life threatening lupus complication. My good sister's going through it with her lupus, And you know, shout out to all the lupus warriors out there that's you know, battling silently or publicly.
Speaker 2: You know my niece say that my niece has lupis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out to your niece.
Speaker 2: And sometimes I wish I can like take it from her because I know I'd be able to manage it better, you know what I'm saying. Like I tell her oftentimes, like maybe you might have to do vegan for a little while when I was living in Saint Louis, I used to get calonics done every week, and the lady who was doing it was this African woman. She said, she showed me pictures of her wheelchair bed redding. She was sick. Lupe is supposed to be dead, essentially, and she started she started doing colonics, getting colonics, and she went vegan healthy, healthy.
Speaker 1: It's all you know. A lot of it has to do with what you put in your body, but sometimes it takes more than that. Tony Braxton said, I kept putting the test off, thinking oh, I'm fine, I'll be okay. But my doctor was persistent and I went to get tested. In the last week of September. I did a specialized test and they looked at my heart and saw some abnormalties. Braxton told People Magazine. I found out that I needed a coronary stint. My left main corodinary alreaty was eighty percent block. The doctors told me I could have had a massive heart attack. I wouldn't I have survived. There was a traumatic moment for me. I was in shock. She underwent emergency surgery two days later and had a stint inserted into the artery to keep it from narrowing or closing day.
Speaker 2: How does that? How does that cause via lupus? I know La shows up different for everybody, but I wonder if she's ever had any heart issues prior to now, that's right, that's weird. Yeah, lupas affects everybody differently because some people are like for real, like bedridden, can't walk, skin crazy, like like is your body like for real? Turning it against you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I want to talk about. Also prose prose. Michael from the from the Fujis so Praz was the founder of the Fujis, but he got convicted of ten counts of conspiracy essentially last week he was in federal court. You even had Leonardo DiCaprio DiCaprio so testify against him. But I don't think people understand what the fuck is really going on with that, And maybe I'll try to convey it a little bit.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I feel like the headlines have been trying to throw in our previous president, which is Trump. But this just started with the Obama administration. Essentially, they had been funneling money to the Obama administration, like you know, during the twenty twelve election by way of this this Chinese businessman. Essentially, they stole billions of dollars from a Chinese fund and they were funneling money like illegal lobbying and shit like that. So the complaint reads that federal jury convicted US entertainer and businessman today of orchestrating an unregistered back channel campaign beginning in or about twenty seventeen to influence the then administration of the President of the United States and Department of Justice to drop the investigations of Joe Lo jh or Is a Jayo Jayo Ho j Ho Loo is his name, j Lo j lo Is j Ho Lo though and others for embezzlement and other offenses in connection with the international strategic and development company known as One Malaysia Development berhad it's one m d B and to send a Chinese national back to China, as well as inspiring to make and conco foreign and conduit campaign contributions during the twenty twelve US presidential elections. So that's when Obama would have been in office. So, according to the documents and evidence presented at trial, Praz Michael fifty of Coconut Creek, Florida, conspired with Low Tech Jyho Aka Jho Low of Malaysia, and then they have all these other people listed and others to engage in undisclosed lobbying campaigns at the direction of Low and the Vice Minister of Public Security for the People's Republic of China, respectively, to have the one mdb em bezzlman investigate investigation and forfeiture proceedings including Low and others dropped, and have Chinese national sent back to China. So essentially he was give him money, trying to funnel money to the campaign, right, and then also trying to convince the Trump administration to stop investigating the shit they did in twenty twelve. Ah, while y'all got Trump fucked up for giving a bitch one hundred and thirty dollars for one hundred and thirty thousand dollars to come.
Speaker 1: Sure, if we investigated any all of them, all of them, I'll have some money that came from somewhere that didn't belong all of them.
Speaker 2: Because that's how we get in trouble with these other countries, Like people are doing backdoor deals and shit like that, swapping money. It happens all the time. I just hate how this black man this one lone black man is about to take the fall for a major criminal enterprise. At this point, this shit is, this shit is way bigger than these little, small, little headlines. This shit is real serious. I don't think people know how serious it is though, because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think people understand how serious this is. But I cannot wait for it to be adapted into a movie.
Speaker 2: So you can get the summary. Oh la la la, I hate you out. That's just fucking senious. We're in trouble right now. Our country has literally been sold. Our country has been bought and fucking sold, and people don't see that. They don't see that we fucked up right now, Like do y'all see bricks? Is like this is basically essentially like you're all these other countries are coming together now and they're like, fuck the United States, Fuck the US. That's a problem. It's no more United Nations. We like literally now on an island by ourselves. And I don't really blame these other countries, like America does some fucked up stuff to other people. I hate the term destabilized, like you're running up in other people's countries to destabilize some stable shit like the main thing that the United States produces. It's like warshit, war tools, guns, ammunition, big stupid ass missiles and shit like that. That's our main industry here, and that's all like makings of a fucking bully. So yeah, this shit is fucking serious.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I wish more people would look into what's really going on with Prouse and it's it's terrible that he's going to take the fall. And they said he was a US informant for twenty years, a federal informer for twenty years. But what he informed on was the fact that that China had an America citizen and the Chinese national like hell captive at some point. That's what he informed the US government of nobody's talking about that that part. But yeah, that's that's well.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for the minutes.
Speaker 2: So crazy ass, y'all. Rip to Jerry Springer, Yes, Rip to Harry Belafonte.
Speaker 1: Yes, both of those people. I feel like it's certain to be like, if there is a heaven, there's a lot more cool people in heaven than still on the earth.
Speaker 2: This is hell. Like, this shit is so fucking stressful. Yeah, I remember I was an angueola talking shit about America We was like sit at the bar and my homegirl her phone was on the bar and were just like, man, America so stressful, Like yeah, these people might have less over here, but they chilling like they live on the beach. That girl, why the fuck SERI came on and started calling the police on us. That bitch started calling nine one one on us for talking shit about America. Here. We don't play by her, Like what what the hell they be listening? They be listening, man, all this AI shit that's happening. If you're reading this, it's too late. If you're listening to this, it's too late.
Speaker 1: You had to put me on some I just want my man to get some land at this point and put me on it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Had that put me on some land so I can just raise some animals and grow my own food.
Speaker 2: You're that homestead and it's fucking hard. I got a few homestead books I ordered off Amazon, like when shit really gets stupid, I'll know how to make a windmill and shit and how to generate enemy from water.
Speaker 1: I need to learn how to make preserves. My grandma got a recipe book. I need to look at it. I need to dust it off and look at how she used to have like a cabinet full of preservatives, like just jars and jars and stuff. And I can't I can preserve. I can't keep nothing living right now but myself. But we're gonna work on it.
Speaker 2: Shame my plants so thriving. My little money plant, g I got her sitting by the door right now. I'd be kissing that plant all the type of shit. I'm so proud that I've been able to keep that plan alive for about a year now.
Speaker 1: I mean that's good. Mine lasted like two months, two three months. I I think I overloved it.
Speaker 2: You probably put too much on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I think.
Speaker 3: And I overwater it.
Speaker 1: I talk to it every day, and I used to be like, why is you looking like that?
Speaker 2: That should only need like minimal light and like six ounces of water every three weeks is what you're supposed to give it. I put coconut water on my plant so she'd be like, well, bitch, thank you, but y'all like again. Rip to Jerry Springer and Harry Belafonte. Halle and Harry Belafonte was ninety. Jerry Springer died at seventy nine, and this is a great segue into what we want to talk about today, life insurance, health insurance. We're gonna make sure we aside from talk about relationships and shit like that all the damn time, we do have other things that we're capable of speaking on. Right, So we do have a special guest on we Talked Back this week. Who's gonna give us and our listeners more information? I mean, we're all at that age you don't wanna wait until something bad happens to think about these things. Get on top of it today, all right.
Speaker 1: Y'all, Thank y'all for joining we talk Back TV. All right, So we have a special guest on today. It is actually my cousin, And the reason why I wanted to bring her on is y'all will be having these gofundmes every time someone passes away, someone's sick. That is just seems like to be the black way to handle things when it comes to health care and paying for death. And we all got to go up out of here, so we need to get in front of that. So I got my cousin, Aaron Corbett on and she's a licensed insurance professional. She's been in the industry for almost ten years. And she has a lot of experience, tons of experience, and she's literally helped me so much when it comes to my health insurance and my health care. So I wanted to have a conversation with her so we can get some knowledge for y'all on how to get on top of that, so we can start with this gofunmy shit. Hey eron, girl, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: Yeah black for you guys to have me here today. It's a family affair.
Speaker 1: I wanna get some real information to our listeners that can help, because you know, I was out here running around here, Like I know a lot of people they use the emergency room as their only source of health care. Like they wait till they almost half did, right, and they just go to the emergency room and then they have these astronomical bills that they never plan to pay. And you know that's just not the health healthy way to do it. First, you tell everybody about yourself and your your career. Sure.
Speaker 4: So again, my name is Aaron Corbett.
Speaker 5: Like I said, I've been in the insurance industry almost ten years. I do carry three licenses. I'll do health, life and supplementals, So basically I work with everything that deals with whatever can happen to you while you're alive or after someone passes away.
Speaker 2: Okay, so life insurance is not just for the dad, y'all like and while you're living for the living, So.
Speaker 1: Have life insurance for the living, because don't like you don't get paid out to you.
Speaker 4: No, that's not true.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about whole life insurance, for instance, in different different ways people actually build wealth. We can start there, build wealth from having life insurance policies. I think a lot of black people are they miss that because they just don't know because they only think about life insurance when it's when somebody dies.
Speaker 4: That's correct.
Speaker 5: Life insurance it's a tool for finance, right, because if you buy whole life policies that you were speaking of, what it does is it generates your own.
Speaker 4: Source of a loan.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: And if there's different variations of life insurances. But let's say, for example, you have like a twenty pay life insurance. It'll be paid off in twenty years. Let's say it was fifty thousand, but you only put twenty thousand in it. So if you started at thirty, paid it off by fifty, now you have fifty thousand dollars just sitting there for whatever you want. You can purchase a home within cash it out. You can use it to pay down debt if that's something that you had going on, pay for children's college and different things like that, start your own business. But it becomes your own source of money to borrow from cash out without taking out a loan that has interests, different things like that.
Speaker 4: So that is a way that they do use it to build wealth.
Speaker 2: So, you know, we talk about reparations a lot, like Black people, Oh, we need to get paid for slaveryness in a third, but I think that a lot of people don't have deliverables. Like if we were to actually acts for reparations, what are some of the deliverables? And whole life insurance is one of the things I would ask for. We need whole life assurance free tuition.
Speaker 1: When you say whole life insurance is.
Speaker 2: Because it's a tool to build wealth. Right, So imagine if every black person, this is my one thought process of life assurance. There's not enough black people with life assurance. So we think about how the police keep killing black people. Right, If more black people have life insurance, the police would be less likely to kill us. There's just no repercussions for killing black people. They literally have a license to kill black people, and your family can't benefit from the death either because you don't have life assurance. If more black people had life insurance, it would probably be less police killings because the insurance companies going to start suing the police departments if they have to keep paying out on these loans. Well, I'm sorry on these policies. Paying out on the policies, not the loans.
Speaker 5: It could make higher risk rading. So it might just cost more for black people to get life insurance for us to live anyway. Yes, but I just to kind of touch on something that you said. I think that we just don't prepare or value certain things in the right way. When we talk about the difference between black people and other ethnicities. What they do is they prepare, so there's common conversations in a white household to have life insurance, to have short term disability, to make sure they have these different policies like cancer policies, critical illness just in case, right, because the thing that happens is something's going to happen to you, when it's going to happen to you, is what you don't know, and how do you prepare to not ruin everything that you built your whole life around your house, right, all the savings that you may have saved, didn't go on vacations just to have this sit in here? How do you protect yourself in that way? And we just don't do a good job of that. We'll go buy one hundred and twenty dollars, Jordan's two hundred and fifty dollars, Jordan's the new Yeezy's on the drop for four hundred dollars on a resale, and a policy like this in the right age range's about dollars a month. You know, we just do not prepare in the right way. The way we spend our money is not for the right things, so when things do happen, we're ill prepared.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this. To get a life insurance policy, do you have to go get like a physical examination to see like what your health is in order to be eligible.
Speaker 4: Well, that actually depends on the amount that you want.
Speaker 2: It also depends on your health. So some policies are.
Speaker 5: Guaranteed issue, which means you don't have to go through a health exam. You just have to pass the underwriting questions or whatever they may be. When you start getting over a certain dollar amount, like one hundred thousand, then they become more underwriting questions.
Speaker 4: And I know in our.
Speaker 5: Community we like say I just got a little bit of diabetes, a little bit of high blood pressure, right, But those are actually things that can knock you out or put you in a clause. And that clause could be two three years, but god forbid you had a heart attacking that two.
Speaker 2: Or three years.
Speaker 1: Then you don't get shit.
Speaker 4: You just getting the money you're paying into it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So and that could be very small. If you're saying it's something like twenty thirty dollars a month, yes, you're gonna check for four hundred dollars absolutely.
Speaker 2: So how do you determine what type of life insurance policy you need? So if I'm I'm thirty eight, right, no kids at my age, what type of policy would you suggest at your age?
Speaker 5: I absolutely suggest a whole life because it's affordable for you. So the problem that happens is, you know a lot of individuals start looking at these things at fifty wrong move right, that's absolutely the wrong move. Age is your benefit and with younger age, you also have better health, so you can get more coverage for cheaper cheaper, So whole life for sure. And then you also have to start thinking about like what's your like, what are you trying to cover in the event that I'm not here? So someone is self employed, has a business, you know, you should start the stack policies. And what I mean by stack policies you should always have like a whole life policy as a base, but then have a term life that's high limit over it, right, because.
Speaker 1: So explain that in a way. So tell people like what is a term life mean?
Speaker 4: Like sure, so let's go back.
Speaker 5: So term life policy is a life policy that expires after a certain amount of time, so it's ten, fifteen, twenty, twenty five years, right. But with those type of policies, they bet on your life expectancy, so most people outlive those policies.
Speaker 2: So if you've ever seen where your.
Speaker 5: Grandparents are to say, I had this policy but it didn't pay out and then they find out it's a term life. It happened a lot in the black community, right, So they had all this insurance and then they let us sit there for twenty thirty forty years. So when they go to pass away and I'm like, oh, they have this policy. They realize it's only term life, and term life policies are cheap, it's more economical, so yes, that's what the people go for. However, they never understand the fact that it's almost like a waste of money.
Speaker 2: So they pay into this thing the whole time, and then when you try to draw there's nothing there. It ends at a certain amount of time, Okay.
Speaker 1: So you have to pull it out when it ends, or.
Speaker 5: There's no value in a term life policy. So what I was saying about stacking benefits, right, So, say you have a young family. You know you need five hundred thousand. You know that you want to leave to your family any event that something happens between the age of thirty to fifty five, you can still have a whole life policy as a base and a certain amount maybe say one hundred thousand, But then you can get a higher level term life which.
Speaker 2: Is cheaper to carry for five hundred k.
Speaker 4: So saying that any event that I'm not here to take care of my kids schooling, or i need this mortgage to be paid off. If I'm not here, I don't want to leave it on my wife.
Speaker 5: That's what I mean by stacking policies because it's gonna expire. But what you want to do is be able to get any event that something happens in the age where you're gonna leave your family or a business you want to have both.
Speaker 2: Got in.
Speaker 1: I'm confused as fuck. So all right, the whole life policy is the policy that you were saying that you can pull out of, and it's kind of like almost like an investment. It's an investment, yes, right, But then the term life is the one that you would want to have just in case you die within that period.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so say, like your example, thirty will use this as we age, we know that you'd start to develop health issues. Right, So let's just say someone got diagnosed with cancer at forty five, right, they got two kids, ones in college, ones in high school, get married, have a brand new home. Say this person doesn't make it through. Right, That term life is actually good in that sense because a five hundred thousand dollars policy is very and so VIVI, it's a whole life. So it becomes about what you can actually.
Speaker 2: Your whole life. Right, So you that's older the longer you live it's good to have a whole life insurance as opposed to term well because it's shorter.
Speaker 1: Right, let me with the whole life.
Speaker 2: So let me get the whole life you have forty five, But it ain't that whole half, No guys, hold a wait, hold on, hold on, Let me explain, Let me explain, Let me clarify really quick. So what I'm saying is like, you should always have a whole life policy. Right. That's your cash, that's your equity, that's your asset. But to afford a five hundred k whole life policy, it's a few thousand a month. You have to be in a certain tax bracket for that. Most average folks cannot afford that, right. But what they can afford, maybe is one hundred thousand, one hundred and fifty thousand whole life policy that they'll that they can have there. But let's they have a three hundred thousand dollar home, right and they passed away at forty five. Somebody has to pay that off still, right.
Speaker 5: So and that's why you put that term life on top, because what it is doing is carrying your bigger assets or debts, let me say correctly, debts that you may have to pay right if you have medical expenses that need to be paid off in a certain amount and you pass away within that time frame.
Speaker 1: So if I die, knock on, would my debt don't die with me?
Speaker 2: Knock care bitch, I can do it.
Speaker 4: So for someone that's married, it doesn't. It goes to the spouse.
Speaker 2: Someone that's single, it is what it is.
Speaker 5: So that's why I said, especially when someone that's married with kids, you definitely want to put something over that because your spouse is now on.
Speaker 4: The hook for everything that happened to you.
Speaker 1: Right, Damn, that's crazy. Yeah, I didn't know that. Yeah, I saw a lady posting about a nigga who died and owe him fourth thou over four thousand dollars. Did y'all see that. It was circulating like she was mad about it.
Speaker 2: Now there is the state. Shit you might just put a lean against. She couldn't put a lean against the state.
Speaker 5: No, if there's no if there was no document that said, well.
Speaker 2: They had a document.
Speaker 1: Now this is a street nigga. She was like, give me some of that go fund me because I.
Speaker 2: Want my go get your money then, but I good gave me back in blood in the beginning, we were talking about how life insurance is not just for the dead, so we talked about the investment portion of it. What other benefits does life insurance provide.
Speaker 1: For the living?
Speaker 4: You can also again, and you can also borrow against.
Speaker 2: It aside from that. Yes, So those are the two biggest leverages.
Speaker 5: It's just a financial tool in general, because when you think about, like right now, if you had to go borrow, go to the bank to borrow ten thousand dollars, you have to be at a certain tax bracket or monthly income for that at a maybe twenty five, twenty four, seventeen percent interest rate. I mean, it almost becomes a financial burden to even do that, even if you needed the money.
Speaker 1: Right but say.
Speaker 5: You had, you know, a life insurance, you can borrow that money from it, and the interest that's on it is like very minimal, like point zero one percent. It doesn't do anything, and every time you make a payment, it's putting the money back into it. And it's something that you're going to maintain naturally because you want to have it. So it's just a it's a leverage tool in all ways. If you can afford it to have a whole life policy just as that backup do a.
Speaker 4: Lot with it.
Speaker 1: So as let's say it's a listener and they're like, I wouldn't even know the first place to go to get a life insurance policy. What would they need to do? Like, how would they go navigate? That?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: Well, how it depends, right, because everybody's of different health and different different means, like monetarily, right, So you should do your research.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, somebody that does have presisting conditions, just know you're about to pay more.
Speaker 2: Right, what if your health changes after you get the policy, doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: That doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: But if you're coming in with pre existing conditions, you are absolutely gonna pay more, no matter your age bracket. So say, for example, you're in your thirties and you have pre existing conditions. This person that's healthy at thirties might pay twenty dollars, you might pay sixty. That's just how it goes. And typically that's going to have a clause, so god forbid if you pass within that clause, again, it's probably not going to be payable.
Speaker 4: So you just have to do your research. You also, too, you want to make sure that you know if you're gone what you want to have paid off and what you want to do with that money, because then you can say, I need this amount of money that I want to leave to cover me if I'm not here.
Speaker 2: I'm so grateful for my mom because she is like one of them people. She got like a Manila folder with her policies, where the money at how she wanted, like she already got her plots, all that stuff. One of my best friends just lost her mom and her sister are having to cover the cost of her mom's funeral, which you know and debth and death. I don't want to be a burden to anybody.
Speaker 5: Nobody wants that burden. But again a lot of people in our community are faced with that. And you see gofundmes and these different fundraisers, the church plates on the corner because Bobby just died, And again it just goes back to that we just don't spend our money in the right way.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: We'll go to the bar by one hundred dollars worth of drinks and still ain't got no life insurance, you know, or health insurance for that matter.
Speaker 1: What is death insurance, because that's.
Speaker 5: The thing too, right, it's burial funeral, burial insurance which is still another form of life insurance, but it's just only goes up to a certain amount, like fifty thousand, and as you age, that's the things that become only available for people if they didn't get it when they were young. They will only be able to get over a certain amount, maybe forty thousand and fifty thousand at the max. You know, I talked about I wanted to It's not really a company because I don't even know if it's legal or not, but door to door in the hood, like hey, like, can I put life insurance on your son? I'll pay the premium and bust it down the middle when.
Speaker 2: He dies, you know what I'm saying. Like, you know, but I think the problem would come in because it's coming in families, right. One person's paying a policy and everybody wanting what the money at when this person died?
Speaker 4: Did you help pay that policy at all?
Speaker 2: Why are you concerned about what they're doing with the money if you didn't help pay the policy?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 5: But you know, I think that when people die, you're I think it's just a poor feeling that people have in general that you should get something.
Speaker 4: Now this person's not here.
Speaker 2: Right, so I want to assure that the niggas in the hood kids are being taken care of and somebody's benefiting from your death. You're dying at thirty years old and no life insurance, but you got all these kids out here, and then somebody has to do GoFundMe or whatever. But what if there was someone? I feel like white people do that all the time. Remember those two old ladies. So let me killing homeless men. Let me tell you why.
Speaker 1: I remember, I don't want to kill him.
Speaker 2: I mean, pook, you gonna do well?
Speaker 5: I think it was something on Netflix about that. But let me tell you why that's illegal. Because it's about insurable interests, right, So like.
Speaker 4: I don't know these niggas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you don't know these niggas, then they were like you don't know these niggas, Like I seen you.
Speaker 5: I paid into the pos matter. It's all about an insurable interest, right. So let me give you examples of people that you have in shurable interests on. You would have insurable interest on your mom. You're her daughter, right, you and Tammy actually having shurable interests on each other because you guys have a business together.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you who you don't have insurable interests over nobody else in here, right, nobody else in here.
Speaker 2: It's my friend. He signed it. He let me sign it up. Like why not. Watch he can do the policy.
Speaker 5: He can do the policy and leave you as a beneficiary. But you cannot sign him up for a policy.
Speaker 4: It's illegal.
Speaker 2: It's about what about with him knowing I can do it? Right? No, No, it's all about in.
Speaker 1: So what about like these record labels, Like there's all these stories about record labels, like.
Speaker 5: That's the Gucci Man story, right, Yeah, and they said there was a life policy somewhere of a certain amount.
Speaker 4: Everybody was mad. The reason why he could do that, or even young Dolf, right, But the reason why Gucci Man could do that because again it goes back to the conversation, we're just having it's insurable interest. Now I have this artist is underneath me. I have invested in this person. This person is now my business.
Speaker 5: So if all the money I invest in this person, this person shall pass away before I cool my advances.
Speaker 1: Then But wouldn't it be like a scheme to, you know, get these rappers who have like a like a dark sound and get insurance policy on them, put their music out for a year and then get them killed so you can get insurance for the money.
Speaker 5: I mean, it could be, but you know I wasn't. I'm not thinking that far. But you know, if we're gonna be honest, you know who are.
Speaker 1: Who are thinking who's it is? But you know who is thinking that far?
Speaker 2: These motherfuckers right here, they way more cerebral than us. So anything they do they really using their mind. Okay, when Alia died, they said her uncle like had some crazy ass policy on her when she's out of that plane because she's a business.
Speaker 5: Because again, but again again, these artists are become a business, right and so that's how Gucci man, I think that I don't know the boy named that just die can't remember he was able to do that because this person is now a business.
Speaker 4: It's for him.
Speaker 2: But that they may not know absolutely yes, So okay, so if it's ensurable interest, and you can write it into a contract without the person knowing, they.
Speaker 5: Have to have lawyers to vet these things. And if you're signing something without vetting it. And again it makes sense if I just invested one hundred thousand dollars in you and you die, and you die, I'm going with wherever that debt comes from, Like, I'm still responsible for it, so yes, I should have something that protects me in the in that event, it makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely it does. It does.
Speaker 1: But it's just crazy. You can see how I could be a scam though.
Speaker 2: One exactly in one Regulabel in particular, which people say is not a regulator. It's just they have partnerships with these people. But Empire Records is one of those places where there's been so many different artists that have passed away. Who's on Empire Records.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Dolph is on there. Yeah, a few of them that have passed away.
Speaker 1: We're all on.
Speaker 2: So it's supposedly supposedly a distribution company, but they also have record deals with people. Right, So I'm giving you upfront money, right, and something happens to you, my life insurance policy on you is bigger than the money I gave you. Why not get you to because you gotta think like they also, yes, I gave you this amount, but I have to make a certain amount back, right, So they.
Speaker 5: Didn't just give these people money. They always gave them money with the intent of making a certain amount. So I'm sure those policies.
Speaker 4: Match whatever they said they were supposed to make back or expected to make back if things went well. So it makes again, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: But I could have I spent one hundred thousand, but I expect to make a million with ain't.
Speaker 2: Howgo and you didn't make me a million, so let me go ahead.
Speaker 5: And here, I mean, you know, I hate to say it like that, but sorry that somebody passed away.
Speaker 4: But there's still expectations on other side of that.
Speaker 1: So fortunately, yeah, can we get into health insurance?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Please go on, because I paid seven dollars a month, and don't be hating. I want to talk.
Speaker 1: I want to Obamacare. Yeah, so weaven Obamacare. So there were a lot of people like upset when Obamacare came out and they felt like it was like a problem for our American economy for that to happen. What are your thoughts on Affordable Health Care Act?
Speaker 5: I think it's a great thing because if you guys remember some of you guys remember over a little bit over ten years ago, if you had presistant conditions, you didn't qualify for health insurance, right, so all these people with chronic illnesses like MS, you know, for example, or loopis God forbid, you got diagnosed with cancer, you were now unensurable for health care. That's the biggest deal about the Affordable Care Act. It gave the opportunity for individuals to have insurance that actually needed the care.
Speaker 4: M Yeah. You know.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, my mom she passed away before there was anything like that, and she had a heart condition. She did not qualify for health insurance, so everything was out of pocket. So being in that type of situation and seeing s f firsthand somebody who could have benefited from that because she couldn't even afford the prescriptions there were like a hundred dollars a month.
Speaker 2: You know, or more with four kids. Four kids, Yeah, that's unfortunate. Yeah, I I mean, I agree that most countries, you know, people act like America's just such this great place. You know, in other countries, you got eighteen year olds at ride Rod and Lambow's. That's just regular day to day business for them. America is not that fucking great. We do not have universal health care. Oh, we do have Obama Care now or what is the it's called the Affordable Care Affordable Care Act. So the only thing I didn't like about the Affordable Care Act is where you were penalized for uh, for not having insurance in your taxes like you had to file.
Speaker 5: Because it was forcing people to do something for themselves because and the reason why is preventive health. Some of those plans were not affordable. Now it's not affordable, right, but go ahead and thank your former president for that.
Speaker 4: He broke a tax law.
Speaker 5: And so the insurance companies because they're having a higher risk rate and they have to up the money where they're getting it from because now they have to ensure these people. Before they would just deny them no cancer treatment for you, right, So they still have to recoup the money for spending on all these people that have different conditions.
Speaker 4: You know a lot of our people have diabetes, right.
Speaker 5: That's a very expensive disease, and they have to cover these people when they did not have to do that. So, I mean it makes sense. But you know, even though given an example of my father, right he was under the ACA, his job didn't have insurance and anyway he went into the hospital for or whatever, his AD was twenty five hundred. He hit the deductible, but the bill was almost forty thousand. The only thing he was required to pay was the twenty five hundred deductible, it has a benefit, and everything after that was paid for one hundred percent underneath the Affordable Care Act. So absolutely it's great, right because the number one debt that most of us carry is a medical debt. It's not from credit cards, it's not from car notes, it's not from homes the student loans. It's actually medical debt. So this is helping people not get into medical debt.
Speaker 2: I feel like as a whole, it's medical tyranty anyway. It's just like the doctor's office. The hospitals are overcharging insurance companies, so that's driving rates up and stuff like that, like the amount you pay for health care in America. Just like a simple procedure, you can go to another country and get the same procedure at half the price. What will it be quality of care?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'll speak to that because when I was living in England's when I got diagnosed with my MS and I was in the hospital there for two weeks and it's free, but baby, that shit feel every bit of free. I was ready to come home and just take my chances there because they was feeding me the rice Chrispy trees. Here here, in the morning. But no, right, it wasn't the treats.
Speaker 2: It was just a little bitch. I was like, give me the fuck out.
Speaker 1: It's just like the dry little rice pieces with like some water milk. I was like, is this breakfast? Is there no eggs and bacon in this motherfucker like it? And then it was like literally six of us, six beds lined up on one side and six beds lined up on the other side, and we're all in the same room. And there was there was a woman across from me. It was an all white lady, and she said her name was Miss Showing and I was miss Bowing. So every now when they were coming in and hollering at people, she would be screaming for my medication and I'd be like, that's my mad stop. She's like, I'm the white one. But and then people would be in there moaning night. It was just a miserable experience. And I think it's because it's free, So it is we got to find a balance, you know.
Speaker 5: I think, you know, from a professional lens, I think there is a balance. I think people just make poor choices with the health insurance that they choose, right, So like it's confusing, right, it's meant to be sometimes. No, think about what you need, right, think about where you are with your health with if something happened to you, what you were comfortable paying for, like really think about it before you go. Just sign up for a plan because it's seven dollars, because.
Speaker 2: You know, I know that's typically the bottom level bronze plan. It got a ten thousand dollars deductible. Can you really afford log? And can you really afford to pay that if something happens? No? And ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: A long way.
Speaker 2: If it's like what if?
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, listen, you pay for the car insurance each month for years on a what if?
Speaker 2: You don't question it? It's the same thing, can you not?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Just like anything else, any other debt.
Speaker 4: I feel like.
Speaker 2: Everything in life is negotiable, right, So yes, I go to the doctor, I get this crazy ass bill. I can't call and negotiate this debt with the insurance company, I mean not insurance company, but with the hospital because I know they literally I know I have some MD friends, right, and they tell me they overcharge and then they negotiated with the insurance company. They do, but then that has paid out of pocket, but that's on you. Like so for example I did that before, you know where my insurance was not worth me filing it because I would pay more money, Like I could pay fifty dollars every time I can't win, or I could pay a battery of test and it cost me seven hundred underneath my insurance. Sometimes you just got to ask more questions, right, you know, it's not always beneficial to foul certain things underneath your health insurance.
Speaker 4: If you have the cash to pay for it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: But you also, again going back to what I'm saying, instead of taking a cheap route, get you a quality plan that may cost you a little bit more money. And you know, yes, you might have a thousand dollars two thousand dollars deductible, but that'll go quick. You don't want to be in a money pit of something that a ten thousand dollars deductible. God forbid, that's surgeries, that's days in the hospital. You know, that's prescriptions and you still might not hit it, and you gotta start over each year on that. It's just not worth it. So you should always think about that, weighing the benefits are paying a little bit more, but paying a little bit less on the back end.
Speaker 4: And I think that's where people mess up.
Speaker 1: What is supplemental insurance.
Speaker 5: Supplemental insurance is everything else is what I call it. It's all your living benefits, right, so it's things.
Speaker 4: That pay you while you're here.
Speaker 5: So it's more of like, you know, God forbid you got diagnosed with a major condition, say for example, you had a heart attack. You know, it might pay twenty thousand dollars thirty thousand dollars to you directly. And most of these people they're eventually gonna go back to work, right, but it helps cover medical expenses, it can go towards mortgages, rents, your daily expenses until you're.
Speaker 4: Able to go back.
Speaker 5: A lot of people that you know, have things happen, do not have the appropriate savings to cover themselves.
Speaker 1: So the FLAC insurance policy that got me to get it is.
Speaker 4: A form of supplemental insurances.
Speaker 5: They have different types, so they have, you know, accidental coverage, which will cover somebody if they're injured on or off the job. Typically those covers, those coverages also have an accidental death benefit in it as well, so if someone died from an injury that money isn't built into that type of policy. You know, they got cancer coverages, so god forbid someone got diagnosed with cancer. You can be paid out for the treatments, for being diagnosed, everything like that.
Speaker 1: So cancer coverage you would get that after you get cancer. The condition conversations wearing to be like, hey, I'm gonna get cancer coverage just in case. That's kind of where Why is it?
Speaker 2: Why does that even exist in America? I understand why. Okay, so I understand why exists because obviously people get cancer, right, but could you imagine them creating these cancers to then have to get insurance for it.
Speaker 4: It's just really weird. You don't have to, but if you're smart, you would because.
Speaker 1: You feel like all of us should just have coverage.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I have one. I don't have cancer history in my family right, but being in the field that I am, I'm telling you guys, it's simple. As I went to a doctor to go get my regular mammoground, you're doing something that you would have done every time they're like, ah, wes see something here. You need to get into other testing. You get diagnosed that quick, you're not thinking of it. Somebody that had a heart attack. Didn't I think they was going to have a heart attack in the day that they had the heart attack. You know, you don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: That's manifested some bullshit. I don't want it or or or it's being prevented here and yet and it's preparing yourself for whatever it may come your way.
Speaker 4: Again, we just don't know what it is vegan way, You don't. You don't know where it.
Speaker 2: Is because there's a food that's causing people to have.
Speaker 4: But we can say that, but then you can think about all the buildings that had the best deciding that we were in.
Speaker 2: The best those bestest.
Speaker 5: I can't say, but that you know, I went to, you know, the university I went to had you know, uh, the classrooms.
Speaker 2: The classrooms were the best in it.
Speaker 4: And guess what they want to cut on the A C. But we were still in those classrooms and you know that's school probably, But I improve.
Speaker 5: Class action is good and everything, but I got to get through this cancer treatment hopefully to make it to the class action suit. You know, like this life is fucking stressful, it is, but you know, it's just being preventive and to be quite honest. Like, the more I'm in this business, younger people are getting diagnosed thirties, thirties, twenties, passing.
Speaker 2: A wet year alone. I know so many people, and I don't know. If I don't know, isn't normal? Could because we are getting old, right, but I just feel like dying in your forties. It's fucking weird. How many people are dropping dead from strokes, heart attacks?
Speaker 4: What they say, we live differently than our parents did, so we actually.
Speaker 1: Do more walk enough, We're probably under more stress.
Speaker 4: We do more at risk behaviors as well, yep, than our parents did.
Speaker 2: Who thought that was smoking crack? Yeah, but they crack really didn't kill people. Yeah, it's just I know a lot of crack hands died. It just cancer, like they just ended up with cancer or something later on. But crack really didn't kill.
Speaker 4: Him, No, it wasn't. But so yeah, we're at more risks, you know.
Speaker 2: So now, meth your ass ain't living past thirty dollars whatever the age you start, you're gonna be dead in a few years. And I don't even know what that calls, but I don't want nothing. They started turning to a zombie after six months there's a folk if you go Google like before and after math. I remember I looked at this lady. They had like some pictures like this thing right here, like all her the progression m m, this ship is fucking wild. Like six months, you just start looking like somebody somebody different.
Speaker 1: It's a sad thing. Well, they got a lot.
Speaker 4: Of chemicals in it, like.
Speaker 1: Po HMO.
Speaker 5: Plans require you to stay in network, so everywhere that you go it has to be referred. So typically your referral comes from your primary care physician and then they'll refer you if you need to go see whatever specialists or testing.
Speaker 4: It's referral based.
Speaker 5: But typically that's a cheaper plan because you don't have as much freedom just to go where you want to go, but it's still a good plan.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 4: It gives you freedom of choice if you want to go in yes, typically.
Speaker 5: Lets you go in network, our network on your own whim. But typically when you go out a network, still you're gonna pay more money. But it just gives you freedom of choice. So say there's a place that you want to go that may not be in your state or whatever. It just gives you freedom of choice for the care that you want.
Speaker 1: I feel like Loki sad right now. I don't know. I guess it just I mean, it's important, but it just makes you so aware of your own mortality. When you think about.
Speaker 5: These things, or if you think about it the right way, it makes you want to be as preventive as possible. You know, for me, I'm so comfortable with this conversation because I know at this point that I have what I need. If something happens to me, I'm not a debt or burdens to anybody else, whether I'm here or not here.
Speaker 4: And that makes me feel good.
Speaker 5: It makes me feel like I did something right, and I did something that my parents didn't do right. And you know, that's the enjoyable part about being in this field. When someone walks away and says, you made me this so easy. You know, I was just so scared of insurance. I was so scared of this conversation, and you made it so easy. That's the joyful part of it.
Speaker 1: So with that being said, how can people like who's listening like reach out to you, like they need a liaison, they need someone to get information from. How can they contact you so you can help them further?
Speaker 5: Sure reach out to me on my IG shannee Rockett s H A W N I E R O C K E T DM me. I'm always open to answer your questions if you have concerns. I'm also licensed in thirty five states. I can help you just about wherever you are, even if it's just simple questions. Right, help you or your family navigate wherever you guys are trying to go. The biggest takeaway I want you guys have is just be prepared.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: We spend money in all kinds of ways. We travel as much as we want to, and take one hundred dollars a month and just break it up and get you a few extra policies sold on.
Speaker 1: You can get a few policies with a.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got a cancer policy, an accident on policy, a critical owns policy, and I'll pay about ninety eight dollars a month.
Speaker 1: Mm. See that's not yeah, that's affordable.
Speaker 2: I'm well.
Speaker 4: Insurance is insurance.
Speaker 5: However, there are better companies than the other own pain on their insurances. So like you always want to go with something that's reputable. So I'm licensed with a flax. So that's who I.
Speaker 1: That's all she's gonna say. Because that's who pay her text, so don't ask her a value.
Speaker 5: Well, aflic that's a good one. But you know a lot of people in Georgia have because the home office is here. So it's very common in this state for a flag, right, But there's other brands, like if you're looking for life insurance, like met Life, they're very reputable. You'll be surprised that State Farm is very competitive on life insurance as well. That's who I got mine from, right, So just do your research, right, and that's what I'm saying. There also are exchanges.
Speaker 4: Right where they'll be broker or brokers for multiple carriers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you can kind of to shop around. It look like they're all the same because even with the help with the car insurance, like you go through one company like I went through I had Geicode, but somehow I was talking to Progressive. They're beause because you're like a broker basically is a broker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't tell me so because I ain't know. I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, State Farm always runs on its own though they they just work differently, but.
Speaker 4: They actually got like life insurance and stuff like.
Speaker 5: Competitive rates, good policies like I thought I was gonna go with Met Life, and I called a State Farm and I was like just talking to I'm like, oh, we got life insurance. I was like, oh you do, and come to find out it was actually cheaper than Met Life.
Speaker 1: I wonder if we can get a state Farm discount since we've been doing commercials.
Speaker 2: For that right period. Discount is your age.
Speaker 1: Baby, The discount is your age, So start down, especially if you're younger, get it.
Speaker 2: Get it as please. This is the message.
Speaker 5: If you're young, if you're healthy, don't wait, do not wait. This is absolute the best time to do it, and thank me later. Period y'all.
Speaker 1: Hurry up, hold on. So we talked about that. That was good information. I'm sure people really enjoy this episode because they got you dropped some jewels for them and for me. I need to add some more policies to I have a few. Let me tell y'all. When I bought that policy from her, I just bought it on like she would.
Speaker 2: I say, I need one more selle to make this money. She's like, I got you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how it really even about my health. And I've been paying.
Speaker 2: It for years now, about three or.
Speaker 1: Four years now. But I mean, I now I feel like I need to add more at that information, and I know it's gonna be probably more. It's probably gonna be double for me, you know, No, with me having a pre existing condition, it might be a little.
Speaker 5: Bit more sometimes, but it depends on the underwriting, right, And that sometimes means why I say, you gotta do your research because some policies may ask a question that another one won't right. So you know, I know how to navigate, Like I wouldn't put somebody in a policy for twenty thousand dollars and I know they asked, did you just take chemotherapy? But I know I got this other one for ten thousand that don't ask right.
Speaker 1: So well, I'm gonna get with you so you can hook it up, you know, yea get it together. This episode would not be right if we didn't get a dumb bitch story from you. You know, we gotta get a dumb You thought it was just gonna be help caring insurance. Did you know we need to d me story for you dumb bitch stories because we've all been a dumb bitch at least once or twice.
Speaker 2: My god, y'allsch Harry up okay.
Speaker 4: So I was talking to this guy.
Speaker 2: They always talk talking to some guy. Go ahead. I was talking to this guy and he said, hey, come up here to see me. I said, okay, were.
Speaker 1: Is up here? Oh? You don't have to tell us.
Speaker 4: It's not lived in.
Speaker 5: So I went up there to see him, and he didn't answer the door.
Speaker 1: He left you outside outside.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, okay, so how far did you travel? You have to tell us where, but how far did you travel? I drove?
Speaker 4: Okay, I drove?
Speaker 1: And how many hours? Was it?
Speaker 4: Six hours?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Had you been with him before? Yes? And he told you to come up, that you plan to come, asking you to come.
Speaker 4: I don't just go anywhere. We don't do that. We were never that pressed, okay, right.
Speaker 2: Period, We were like, it's two of them talk about me a third person. I was never that pressed.
Speaker 4: But yes, did I answer the door?
Speaker 1: Did you kick the door in?
Speaker 2: I left a footprint on it. I was trying to get it down. Did y'all talk after that? At any point? Did he hit you up?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: He came and met me and was like, God, long story short, had a girl there. At some point it was just trash.
Speaker 4: He went out. I guess he wants have brought it back and forgot and got.
Speaker 1: Drawnk Like he what time you were going to get there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that. Yo.
Speaker 4: That was the most tragic stuff in my life.
Speaker 2: I said, ooh, girl, it ain't never been like played with like that. No, but that don't make you really a dumb bitch, Like he's stupid, way y'all go, I'm dumb, but I came on there.
Speaker 4: On my like my gas, my money, my car, my hours, Like, yo, No, that's pretty stupid.
Speaker 1: So but you know what, a lot of the dumb stories don't always make us the dumb bitch. It always typically be the other person in the story as well. In the story, I guess you continue to funk with him.
Speaker 2: A little while. See that be the part, right, It'd be the aftermath that make you the dumb bitch, Cause it's cool to be stupid, right, But when you become a habitual bitch, when you just keep going with the ship, now, that's when, Yeah, this was a little while longer and I let him rise. We got to add that on. So how long did you continue to do this bitch? Ship? A month or two after he was counting?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I look back at that time of.
Speaker 2: My life, figures old life, Okay, out.
Speaker 1: Of the woods.
Speaker 2: Saw you got me? You wouldn't prepare for that.
Speaker 1: That's so funny because I told her like, all right, this is what we're gonna talk about. But I never but you had to know that it was cooming.
Speaker 2: You had to. No, I didn't think I was gonna have to provide that story. That's a good one. That's a little easy one. I feel like we can get another good one at you, though. That was by far my most embarrassing one, y'all because I was like, ain't nobody seen you though? Who knows? Everybody knows, bitch, Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness, Yeah, everybody know.
Speaker 4: Now, don't judge me.
Speaker 2: Y'all. Get the cash, app ladies, get the gas money up front, right.
Speaker 1: Well, Aaron, I really appreciate you. This was very last minute, but this was a great episode. So thank you for coming on with us.
Speaker 2: I really you're welcome health care life care in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See look dropping little cards.
Speaker 2: I don't radual business card again.
Speaker 4: My I g is Shawnee Rocket So s H A W N I E R O.
Speaker 1: C K E T.
Speaker 2: DMS like that should be we should do a challenge. We should do a life insurance challenge for the month of May. What for real? Get your stuff to get your stuff together right right, get.
Speaker 1: Your ship together.
Speaker 2: Well, we're about to run your check up for the month of man we need ten percent, bitch.
Speaker 1: Illegal, But ultimately we want to help people, you know, yeah, for sure, make sure sure people are on the right end of that. Because I ain't got no more go for me money for y'all. I really don't.
Speaker 2: I've never been. I don't never donate to go fund me any more ever since when I had the leader the old lady to living with me, paying for somebody to living with me out of my fucking pocket for over year, and I put up a goalfund me and get how much money? I got two hundred and fifty one dollars and I gave it to her for her birthday. But my thing is, bitches could put up a goalfund me because you went to I don't know, Memorial Weekend with no fucking money and got stranded, and people donate into that stupid shit. But I can't find housing for one little old lady, So I don't fuck with people go fund me, So maybe fuck y'all which y'all go get a little bitter. You probably should, I am. I know you have a way about that because people.
Speaker 1: Maybe because I went to bullshit. You donated to that goal fund me, So it's crazy that you only got two hundred and fifty one dollars because I think I gave it at least fifty myself.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: So we paying to bullshit.
Speaker 2: You see example, But you see that fifty dollars could have done.
Speaker 4: You would have had a policy.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I wanted to put life insurance on her, but she was I waited long and I probably didn't have what is it called enshoreable interest on her because she wasn't a family member. She was a stranger I met. But I wanted to try to get like a burial And this bitch is still out here. Let's be clear, she's still outside. And she's eighty six now though. Yeah, so she's eighty three when I moved here, and she.
Speaker 5: Could get a policy, but it won't be she'll get a burial bury on thousand, yeah, something small.
Speaker 2: I feel like people should get cremated if they don't have policies like and which is seven thousand, you're still going seven thousand for creep. Why can't why they can't burn people in the backyard.
Speaker 1: Staying to put you in the paren boxes for free thought.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, they give you two hundred and fifty dollars a month. I mean two hundred and fifty dollars. If someone passed away without.
Speaker 2: So I can turn the body in for two fifty that's how much it's worth. Yes, girl, I mean, but it's not enjoy We're not going there, hit ship friend.
Speaker 1: Any time to start going to that dark place. I know it's time to.
Speaker 2: Allright, y'all, no bitch be getting this check look the dad check. If you guys enjoyed this episode, please tune in every Thursday on your iHeart Radio Apple where the fuck you get your podcast at. This is your co host AJ Holiday two point oh on Instagram. Y'all follow me down if you won't get on. What's up?
Speaker 1: Tam y'all was official? Tam maam. I love y'all. Thank y'all for tuning in. Remember speak now.
Speaker 2: And never hold your peace.
Speaker 1: Des