Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Now, let's look at some of the stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepgett and I'm joined by Bloomberg reporter Louise Moon. Louise, good to have you with me. Nova Nordisk surging today, investors salivated because there's been a new step forward for this drug maker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a real crucial step actually. So they've won approval in the US to sell a pill version of wei Goovy, their their blockbuster OBC drug. So that should start from January and it's at a starting price of one hundred and forty nine dollars a month. But the reason it's crucial is Nova essentially kind of created this whole market and then they've been struggling to keep up, particularly in competition with the US rival Eli Lilly. And if you look at their both to their share prices over the past year or so, you can see a real divergence. So Eli Lilly kind of shooting quite far higher, and Novo has has had quite big losses really really this year, so they're trying to keep up, they're trying to stay competitive and have having lost ground to Eli Lilly, so they're kind of relying on this new pill to fuel that growth. So, as I say, so that will start in January in the US, and they've also filed for approval in Europe and elsewhere, so if and when that comes, that could see it expanding out more globally. So as you say, I mean, as you mentioned before, the stocks is a lot higher on this news this morning, so a bit of a boost to them. And then on Eli Lilly's side, they've said that their own version could be approved in March, so then it will kind of remain to be seen how that then plays out between the two in terms of competition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, never know. This share price up six point six percent at lease this morning, couldn't help. But notice that the pill version apparently people drop about sixteen percent of their body I was a standard by that, Yeah, which is I think less than the JAB, But it means that you can take the pill on a more sort of ongoing basis. So I think that is the argument, and obviously it's easier to do than I guess an injection, so that on never nor disc are a huge bearmouth of a business for Europe. Of course, now trouble at the farm or Staid's wind.
Speaker 1: Farm, that is, yes, So this is the latest of the Trump administration. There's been a tumultuous year between the Trump administration and the clean energy sector. And this was news yesterday's it's a bit of a day to but the austed stock is continuing to react. So the US has suspended leases for all five wind farms that are under construction off the east coast of America, and Bloomberg estimates put the total committed capital for those five wind farms at about twenty eight billion your stolets, So it's.
Speaker 3: Big, a big deal.
Speaker 1: This was so this was as I say, it was announced yesterday and their citing national national security concern and so they're saying that the turbines could get in the way of radar systems. So, as I say, the industry has been kind of repeatedly targeted by the Trump administration. If you look at or sid's share price in particular, it's it's been kind of up and down, slumping quite heavily on some of this news throughout the year. Yesterday it was really hit by this, and then today slightly down as well. And then there's also of course another main one in Europe that would be affected as Vestas.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, harmful news, but question marks I think also about whether legally that will hold up, that idea of the national security will exactly shoe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And there was a note also just to say from Jeffreys saying that they kind of would expect in the long run needs to actually go through. So as you say, that's kind of ties into that legality point. Okay, Pets at Home have a new top dog. I've been galing everyone on the team because we have a new pet at Home, but not a dog, it's a cat anyway, Pets at Home tell me more. Yes, a new top dog, a new CEO. He's called James Bailey. He comes from Waitros. He was managing director at Waitros. So it comes off to Pets at Home obviously did very well during COVID and then this year particular, have been struggling there in the middle of a turnaround. So hoping that the stock is rising on this slightly, so I guess there's a bit of hopes for renewal in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.