Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick shot streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys AFT. Now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Well, we're almost all here. Bill Jones had to be called away on assignment, but as usual, Natan Frisco steps up, baby out of the bullpen. Help us here on talking Cowboys here at the SWBC studio after a Cowboys thirty four to six loss, and after Jerry Jones said at the end of the evening, uh, there is no joy here without winning, and the Cowboys lost their fourth consecutive game of the season, fall into three and six and really only one victory ahead of the Giants from last place in the NFC East. But we are here to break it down after that game on Sunday where the Cowboys could not score a touchdown, could not score a touchdown gentlemen at home and the last time they scored a touchdown at home was Baltimore. That seems like last year, but I think it was the second game of the season, so things could just continue seemingly to get worse. I have to play without your starting quarterback, and Cooper Rush had his problems really not having played much since that twenty twenty two season. It certainly showed the Cowboys defense played well in the first half, kind of fell apart in the second half. And so here we are, and I'm gonna let you guys kind of take it from there and give me your impressions of this fourth consecutive loss.
Speaker 4: Everson Walls, I am finally exhaling. You know this game. Let me know we're done.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you're not good enough, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Sometimes it just ain't gonna happen for you. You know, mathematically, you know we're probably out for a while. But as far as I'm concerned, the way we showed last night that was that was downright pitiful to watch that game. And you know, these I told you souls and all of that. Of course they'll come later. But you know what if Rush would have come out and led this team to victory, could you imagine the kind of chaos we'd have in here right now? Everybody talking about it, you know, is dac that.
Speaker 4: When it all comes down to it.
Speaker 5: First of all, neither facet of the game comes to play together, you know, you always have one one fastest doing well and the other one just just you know, didn't accompany them. And now you're sitting here with wasted plays, wasted energy, and that's what you have right now. No one came to play. At one point, we had a receiver had more yards than our entire offense. Their receiver, I think it was a J. Brown, had more yards than our entire offense. And as you sit there as a hopeful fan like I am.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely a.
Speaker 5: Homer, no doubt about it, and you sit there when you look at the game, which seemed to take all freaking afternoon, it seemed like it would never end.
Speaker 4: I drove home at the beginning of the.
Speaker 5: Fourth quarter and I was able to make it home while they were still playing in the fourth quarter. The game would not end. It was really torture for any Cowboys fan.
Speaker 3: Now, they weren't tortured because they left.
Speaker 5: Well, any of those watching on TV, Oh, it didn't matter.
Speaker 3: They probably left too.
Speaker 5: That was the game where it was. It was a long kiss good night, That's what it was. It was a long kiss good night.
Speaker 3: Nate Newton filling in by the way.
Speaker 6: The thing that if we're to side here, Friday said, we're gonna hold Saquon Barkley under sixty seven yards and he's gonna only catch one pass for twelve yards.
Speaker 2: Everybody'd been like, we got a shot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that means that Hurts has throw the ball repeatedly, and now they give us a chance for Parsons up and running to have a great, great impact. Well it great recipe, that's great happened, and uh it all fell apart in coming into the third quarter once again, just like Atlanta.
Speaker 2: You at halftime down by a little, up by a little.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Were set and poised.
Speaker 6: You came out and gave up fourteen quick points in the in the third quarter.
Speaker 2: It doomed you for turnovers. It doomed you.
Speaker 6: They was driving down all of a sudden, You see Godard, your boy steps in front of him, gets a pick, saves us. Fellas, we have to generate a better offensive performance over a whole game, over the whole band of a game. Uh, it was save our defense. Our defense did it against I think Atlanta. Then then it fell apart in the second half for them. They tried to hold together against.
Speaker 2: This Eagles team.
Speaker 6: I mean Eagles got some nice wide receivers, nice tight end, a nice quarterback, and a super running back, and you were in the game and you come out in the second half and you just let it get away from you. Part of that is lack of talent, lack of experienced talent, and a few of the older guys are just older. So, like Coach Johnson once told me and Barry Swiss told me, sometimes you just a player or two away, and that's that. That's that that extra omph coming out into that third quarter.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you just a player or two away.
Speaker 6: I don't know who that player is, who those players are, but we have to play when you're in this position and the walls you can agree to this. You you didn't have a five five penalties for forty yards, but every penalty that hits you costs you.
Speaker 2: So you have to play almost.
Speaker 4: It negated the positive place.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you have to almost play perfect football. And right now we're not built for perfect foot now.
Speaker 5: So, uh, we're not even built for the perfect game plan. Yes, and that's what I kept talking about last week. Yes, put them in a good game plan and allow matchups and then all of a sudden, here comes Michael Parson's makes some plays, Yes, and that's what you Okay, we're gonna ride that. Well, that wasn't enough to ride.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that's where I'm at me.
Speaker 6: It's just the big the inconsistencies of who we are and what we're trying to accomplish.
Speaker 2: It's just it's big. It's awesome, socare.
Speaker 5: I don't care how many injuries you have. If I'm looking at this from a coaching standpoint, as a team, we still need to replace someone who may not be playing well or who's on injury reserve. We still need to replace them with someone who can follow instructions and follow this game plan to a t. There are some cultures out there, Pittsburgh Steelers that say we're gonna win.
Speaker 4: Well, to me, they got too much talent now.
Speaker 5: But when you look at Pittsburgh with not as much talent still maintaining a winning record, that culture in that locker room.
Speaker 4: Whoever you are this steps up. You're bound to.
Speaker 5: Play the way we expect you to play, to step in line, play the way we're supposed to play.
Speaker 4: No mistakes.
Speaker 5: Don't come in acting like you hadn't hardly played and commit illegal procedures and things of that nature.
Speaker 4: Come in and play like the.
Speaker 5: Professional that you are because with signing you to a contract and you're making money.
Speaker 3: So the defense in the first half probably played their best game of the season for a half. What the problem was is you had first in goal at the six twice, first and goal at the six, you got to score touchdowns. Unfortunately for this team, they came away with a fumble into the end zone for a touchback, and then you ended up kicking a field goal when you should have had fourteen points. Granted right, first and goal at the six got to score touchdowns. That's fourteen points. All you had was three. If they had scored touchdowns on those two possessions, they would have had the lead at halftime. And you don't know what that's going to turn it around to end up being. Zeke has the guy bond put his helmet right on the ball after a three yard gain. It was a pretty good three yard gain because it should have been a two yard loss. Maybe it would have been better if the guy tackled him once he got the handoff, and then the second time around, you get the turnover, right, you get the turnover. Your first in goal at the six Zeke gains three yards and then on the second one, you guys, tell me what happened with that pass in the end zone because to me, it looked like it was supposed to go to Ferguson and he pulled his hands back right, and then it goes behind CD and C. Yeah he said that because he fell on the ground, right. Ferguson said, I thought it was for me, but he pulled his hands.
Speaker 2: Back, so he said.
Speaker 6: The quarterback said, I was throwing it to CD, but I was I got hit, so you know, I didn't know what happened after, right, So the bottom line is he was throwing at the CD. Once again, make what you're trying to do is be nice about it.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not trying. He didn't. Both both of them shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Have run that route, right, Yes, if somebody ran a wrong because.
Speaker 3: Either one of them could have caught it. And then you're gonna tell me the sun was in your.
Speaker 4: Eyes and now here we go, there we go.
Speaker 3: He should he should have stopped. He was open, and that's where he threw the ball and ended up behind him.
Speaker 5: Hey, why didn't he just continue just snatching out of the head. That's how Fergus had to do nobody cares about.
Speaker 3: So anyway, you have that happen. And then on third down, it's like, okay, we're gonna call another run. Here we're at the three. What the what the three yard line? And Cooper Bebe whiffs on Jalen Carter and I know people whiff on him and he tackles him for a two yard loss. And now you're kicking a field goal. You got to score touchdowns and they didn't, and this is what happens. Then they get the ball back and I went back and looked at it, you guys, and the drive started with Carson getting beat fourteen yards, Carson getting beat five yards, blitz and it was an incompletion, Brown beating Carson for eighteen yards. Another blitz, and they go in and score a touchdown from fourteen. Oh and by the way, their guy the tight end caught a ball in the end zone. Same end zone. Sundayn't getting his eyes.
Speaker 5: So this is gonna be a thing that like the tours through the facility.
Speaker 3: That thing telling you give me a break, do we have to go tent and swills And still even though you're down fourteen to six, it's a one score game going into the third quarter, and then the defense broke down, and it was it was a shame because if you do what you should have done in the first half, then you don't know how the second half's gonna play out.
Speaker 6: I can tell you what offense the coordinators do, and I tell you what this one would have done if they were down fourteen points. He'dne went to chunk in that thing. I promise you he'd have went to throwing it.
Speaker 3: Instead of going to the short game.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he'd have went to pumping it down the field mid range along. You know, your stripes rise up when you panic. You become who you are when you when you're in panic situation. But the thing here fellas I think, is you have to continue to play. Yeah, and you have to start cleaning up your game. Like you say, the young man Cooper BB whiffed. Can't have that? You get you had your one for this game. Can't can't do that? Learn from your mistakes, get better, uh you?
Speaker 5: And but the problem is you don't want them learning on the fly in a game like this.
Speaker 6: But they have to that when you see this is this is one thing about great players versus players who had to learn to play. Ever, soon all great player came in as a ricket bumping and running, gunning and bumping.
Speaker 2: Nate Newton had to learn.
Speaker 6: Had to And so when somebody finally believed in me and put me in a game, I had to learn on the fly because I didn't get a lot of reps. Well back then, we got a lot of reps right against great players, but it's still a little bit different in the game.
Speaker 2: So Cooper are gonna have to learn. Uh.
Speaker 6: And but once you see that, once you that can never happen again. And these are the bumps in the road that we're gonna face, and it's gonna be disheartening, and we're gonna lose in a lot of different ways. But if these got I'm just no, yeah, yeah, But if these guys continue to learn, the young and the old continue to learn, to continue to adjust, and the coaches see what they have and work within the perimeters, Yeah, it may be a dumb That was a dumb game plan, but you know what I shot right here on our show saying it's got to be three and five step drops until everybody gets acclimated.
Speaker 2: Well, they and that's what their defense like y'all, they ain't gonna throw this long earn.
Speaker 6: And they they was coming up and they was tackling, They wasn't missing. So the player got to realize he gonna get me this ball early. I gotta make a play. You have to make a play for a quarterback. Even though we believe in Cooper Rush, somebody had to make a play for this kid. Nobody made the play off. Somebody had to make a play. So his offensive line let him down. They completely let him down, thank you. Not not in a lot of situations. This was a team effort. Because I'm looking at some routes here where he barely missing. Guys. That's the timing this next game. Thank god they got eight days. This next game is gonna tell you way Cooper Rush y at because I just don't believe that. You just like you walls. You come off the you come off the bench, you a cover corner. You didn't care you You was trying to bump and run Tony and all these guys from day one. That's a different mentality. Carson's not built like that. The more you beat him, the further he backed up.
Speaker 2: I thought he was going to back up out of the stadium.
Speaker 3: Well, he backed up to the bench because they brought in Yeah, but you get with him, I know it. Where did they throw the ball? Yeah, yeah at him because after after Diggs had the interception in the end zone, they didn't go over there. They weren't throwing to that side.
Speaker 6: So these are fans. I'm not telling you how to think. You spend your money. You expect to win. I'm with you, But you were twelve and five last year. You were a home field guy for the first round. You was literally like either the second or third seed a second second, so that means you was first in your division. You earned these games you're getting today, right, you earned them, so you're gonna have to live through them.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna live through with you. Ever is gonna live through them, and Mickey's gonna be forced to shake your head over there like you do now. But this is what this is who we are.
Speaker 6: You drafted a center is the number one important position to me, and I left tackle the number two most important position. These guys are struggling. This is the game that we play, all right.
Speaker 3: I thought Austin Richards did pretty well.
Speaker 6: He did, so he didn't. I don't want I don't want to Jinxon. He did nice, he played nice. I saw him. I'm coming out of the locker room because during training camp. You know, I'm not like I'm not like Charles Hayley. I don't try to be a coach. But I see a player and I like him, and I awesome Rich. I've talked to him every day. Hey man, just keep your head up. You know you're the first guy in. You're the first guy in. I mean every time somebody was sick. Left tackle, this day, left guard, this day in the preseason, left tackle, this game, moving from left tackle, left guard, and you hear me say, why don't they play this guy? Now they've played this guy. Now you can't sit up and tell him anything anymore. You know how you can say, well, this is you. If something go wrong with your starter, he's your first guy in. That's that's what we do know. As so now he's getting confidence. And I'm not saying going against Sweat or Graham or none of those guys. I don't look at them as a top six or seven elite guy because I don't know what Austin would have did from Cleveland than to now where we was facing just one beast out to another. But today he did okay, and it gives the coaches confidence that things get a little shaky.
Speaker 2: He can play guard or he can play tackle.
Speaker 3: Better give the other guy a little incentive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it may.
Speaker 6: But one thing we know around here, if you a first round pick, I've been paying paid a lot of money, You're gonna play.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll see.
Speaker 2: I'm just, I'm just, I know, I know, I know people.
Speaker 3: I want to go back to what Garrett would always say that this is a meritocracy, is you get what you earned, right, and doesn't matter where you're drafted. One guy was in the first one guy.
Speaker 6: Was in the business. Jimmy Parcels. I would believe what you're saying. This is not Jimmy Persel. This is a different animal, this is a different.
Speaker 3: For this first NFL start, I thought he played awfully, awfully, well, he played good. There was no jail breaks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he played good.
Speaker 3: Now in the running game, it's hard to say, but I watched a few. I thought he did a really against well.
Speaker 6: Josh Sweat sweat and joshwat is good. Yeah he had five sacks. Uh, he played and I can't think of the other kid. They got another nice outside linebacker. All together they have twenty two sacks. Josh Sweats led them up into that game with five, Jalen uh Carter had three.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: I think the offensive line played fairly well, but what hurt was that the inconsistencies with him making connections with his receivers and then when he did dump off that Eagles was right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, going down they knew what they knew what was coming well, and then in the second half they went down the field twice. In the end, we gotta go to break. But the two plays that I out was the one deep pass UH to Jalen Brooks that he caught, but he got pushed out of bounds. He ran the route too close to the sideline, right, because if he's further towards the numbers, then he leaves him some space to.
Speaker 4: Catch the ABC of being right.
Speaker 3: Yes, he needed that blue line they there for. And then the other one he raped.
Speaker 6: Down the scene out here just right. He hit him right down the scene and he kind of overthrown. And that goes to because he had perfect protection. That goes to you know, it's one thing to work out there in practice when I'm live. See that's the disadvantage of not having back to back hard practices in training camp where your wide receiver was enough. And y'all forgive me, never ever think that a wide receiver was your job off the ball. He should always be running wide or to give the quarterback a chance to see what can happen in the game.
Speaker 3: If and then they tried Trey Lance, and we'll get into that the next segment. Trey Lance going downfield, the deep one. He never Tobert, never looked for the ball. The guy intercepted it right his back was to the interception. It's like, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: I explained that, explained that to y'all.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you very much, and we're gonna go off here now for a second here talking Cowboys on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages for the pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me. Everson Walter with Star Sports tools. You can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 7: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Rushcott kitchen slides with a first.
Speaker 7: Down, investlate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 8: Throw My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster cankooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gears now available at stan Pro shops, concessions and on Yetie dot com. Check it out today YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 2: Demitt shots.
Speaker 5: Witness the biggest boxing event in modern history at Netflix and MVP's Paul Versus Tyson and Taylor vers Serrano head to at and t State I'm on Friday, November fifteenth as international superstar j Paul takes on the Baddest man on the planet, Mike Tyson, and don't miss Katie Taylor and Amanda Srano. Was long awaited rematch for the undisputed super Lightweight Championship. Limited tickets are available now at SeatGeek dot com.
Speaker 4: The official ticket partner of the AT and T.
Speaker 3: Stadium, and we continue here on mix shots Everson Walls, Nate Newton, myself, Mickey spag Nola. After the Cowboys thirty four six loss to the Philadelphia Eagles, the Cowboys falling for losing four straight games now three and six. The Eagles go to seven and two and first place in the NFC East. After the Washington Commanders were beaten twenty eight twenty seven by Pittsburgh, they fell to seven and three. So when you look at the NFC East, you see that, well, the worst teams in the league right now are two to eight. So the Cowboys only got one more in the worst teams in the league, and.
Speaker 4: Uh came wait to play those Giants.
Speaker 3: So here's the other thing that happened after the game. Mike McCarthy said it. Jerry Jones said it. They belabored the fact that they had five turnovers and the fact that in their last two home games they have now ten turnovers. Well, at halftime, the Cowboys had two turnovers. The Eagles had two turnovers. By the way, the first one the Cowboys had. Now, when I went back and look at it, did you think Cooper Rush was ready for that snap that he fumbled the shotgun.
Speaker 6: He took his eyes off the battle went because he was getting ready to hand it on.
Speaker 2: He went to the handoff way before.
Speaker 3: Because it hit him in the chest.
Speaker 6: Yeah, realized you look at his head he was doing this. I was like, wow, Cooper, don't.
Speaker 3: So they get the ball at the seventeen. They didn't kick a field goal. They scored a touchdown, right. But the other thing about the five takeaways, three of them occurred after the score was twenty eight to seven, so that really didn't turn the game around. And in that Detroit game when they had five, three of them occurred after it was forty to nine.
Speaker 4: So it I.
Speaker 3: Understand the turnovers, but it's when they occurred, and basically, at twenty eight to seven the game was over.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: So did you have when Okay, what age group did you finish playing football?
Speaker 2: What? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Last year? What? What was Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh well I was on the team. I didn't play Okay, what what sophomore in high school?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: Because the father I went up the ladder of playing football. Turnos became a gregious issue, no matter when they happened. So well, no matter when, because when you turn that ball over once you get you that's like throwing charmed to shark.
Speaker 2: It don't matter when they happened.
Speaker 6: Offensive head coaches and office coordinators they know quickly. Why do you think they set guys on the bench because it don't matter when they happen.
Speaker 2: They are terrible. I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't want to put a life experience, a real life experience on.
Speaker 2: To how bad it could be. But it's a bad incident.
Speaker 3: Well, I understand it's bad, but it was already bad before the last.
Speaker 2: But it happened. See the thing about it.
Speaker 6: If we would have lost that game by six points and would have had those same amount of turnos, people probably wouldn't be grown in as much. But we lost our long ways and it don't matter. So but you don't never want to turn the ball over, you don't.
Speaker 3: I agree. It's not a good excuse for getting beat. It is the excuse for getting beat as bad as you.
Speaker 2: I thought McCarthy was a little upset last week.
Speaker 3: Oh he was upset, But did you see him this week?
Speaker 2: And it was about what turnovers?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got you, turnover us.
Speaker 3: I got you. I told you first half. It cost you fourteen points. Yeah, they got in seventy and fourteen you didn't get.
Speaker 6: Yes, I just believe this right here, We're going to have to keep pushing, keep grinding, and this show and every other show fans, get ready, please don't tune us out.
Speaker 2: We're going to be saying basically the.
Speaker 6: Same things over and over and over again, and we'll try to do a better job.
Speaker 2: For if I had better content.
Speaker 6: Mike tried and I shot it down, I should say, yeah, those three turnovers later on in the game when it is in you know, beating down is the.
Speaker 3: Well it eliminated you from the opportunity to catch up. Yes, but you weren't catching up.
Speaker 5: You weren't catching up. Not with this Philly team. This is how they play. Every week. They keep they try to minimize the turnovers, which we were able to count of counted this particular time. That's why I kind of thought in the beginning, oh, we might have a little chance here to keep this game competitive. But what Philly always does is that their defense just begins to smother you more and more and more. The offense tried their best not to make mistakes.
Speaker 2: Yes, they know how.
Speaker 4: To give up on the play.
Speaker 5: Uh, Jalen was good at that, but last night not so much. So it gave you somewhat of a chance. But what did that defense do. They stepped up even stronger, so we know what the strength of this team is. Talking about Philadelphia and they bank on it every week. Offense, just keep grinding. It's like when I play with pluscells. With the Giants, it was all about field position.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 5: They're not worried about making big plays necessarily. It's all about the field position. And next thing you know, they're marching over and over again. You come with your counterfire. It's okay, it's too short. I come with my counterfire. I'm gonna drive you deeper and deeper with your backup against the wall, and next thing you know, the defense takes over. They get the turnovers, and then you get the scores when the game ends up looking like a blowout, but it really wasn't. The score wasn't really addictive of how well the Cowboys defense played, but it is indictive of how well Phillies defense played.
Speaker 3: And a lot of what Philadelphia was able to do offensively was set up by those turnovers.
Speaker 4: No doubt, no doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you, from Parcels Giants to Jimmy's Cowboys to Belichick's Patriots, you saw that same thing you just talked about.
Speaker 2: You saw this position, man field position.
Speaker 5: I never thought about that until I left Outs because Tom Lander was always so good and calling plays. It was about his game plan and his intellect that you noticed during the ballgame when I went to New York, like, this is a whole different beast.
Speaker 4: They don't really care about all these fancy plays.
Speaker 5: All they're gonna do is play the field position game on you.
Speaker 4: And when you blink, it's too late.
Speaker 5: Now we're running it in, we're passing in short yardage. We're on the other side of the fifty yard line where you can take more chances as an offense. And that was something of a surprise to me that I learned a different style of play after twenty nine years old.
Speaker 6: And the thing that I'm hoping the Cowboys, you know, you see me hear me say that periodically because I always think what you're saying is, let's play the field position game. Let's play great down and distance football. I'm quite sure when you was with Belichick and Parcels, they played a lot of situational practice, no doubt. Just know that I think Jimmy used to overdo the situational practices.
Speaker 4: Extremely important for a championship team.
Speaker 6: Yes, extremely And so uh when I look at this team, man, I don't see what everybody see right about now. Everybody seeing failure all over the place here. Yeah, I'm not I'm not saying fail y'all. I'm seeing inconsistent players. Because what they're gonna have to do if this season continues with they got to they gonna to let some players go. Yeah, you may, you got to let some players go, and you're gonna get you know, I saw Campbell did a super job of Detroit. One year is terrible, next year terrible. Next year half of the season was terrible, but he started turning around.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna have to let some guys like Jimmy did. Yeah, yeah, Jimmy don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know that they've got enough guys to let go.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean no, I'm talking about some studs. Well, ain't me what stoods? You let?
Speaker 3: You want to define studs.
Speaker 2: It's more players on this team than you think. Yeah, don't go with the totality.
Speaker 6: Y'all had like a hydrogen bomb that fell here on these cowboys.
Speaker 2: No, it's just been some grenades doing there. That's all it is. That's all. That's not a total wipeout, man, I'm telling you, man.
Speaker 3: It's a total wipeout. You gotta let them go.
Speaker 2: No, some players you have to let go.
Speaker 3: Well, some players are going to be let go, just out of the fact that.
Speaker 4: He said, we might be yeah, we might be a little bit surprised.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you may be a little yeah.
Speaker 3: Well surprised me.
Speaker 2: No, no, sir, not gotta finish the season. That surprised me.
Speaker 4: Right now, you're saying this after after.
Speaker 2: No, no, not now, not now, you know, not now? No, no, you.
Speaker 6: You you need every swinging as the young lady, I mean the old man would say, ever swinging Right now, I know what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, because the thing is.
Speaker 6: This team is not playing well because it's missing some key individuals. And I ain't talking about injury. I'm talking about just good players. When when Jimmy came in our older like ever since was an older player, but he could still play. But him for some reason, him and Jimmy couldn't click. Oh Jesus, I wish you would have would have happened, but it didn't. So he so did he even trade you, my brother, No, he didn't trade it.
Speaker 2: We didn't get rid of this but you but he had a saving grace?
Speaker 3: Were your contract up?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had. We had a saving grace?
Speaker 3: What was the saving grace called?
Speaker 2: Hushia Walco thank you Hershel.
Speaker 6: To this day, I don't know who mister Jones saving grace?
Speaker 2: Do he even want to go that route? Saving grace? And so.
Speaker 6: You're getting through this year. You got an awesome Richard, you got a Guidan, you got a Cooper, even a young guy that's that almost backed up out of the stage yesterday, number twenty one. These young guys, what will they learn from this year?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 6: If we're talking about them this year at this time, maybe you know you know, but you gotta think out of these three or four guys we know from last year. Boy, just think if if Overshwn would have played last year.
Speaker 2: This kid is.
Speaker 6: Balling out without a real defensive front four.
Speaker 3: I told him after the game when I saw him, and by the way, he told me, the injury was a bursa sack on his knee. So he felt like he would be back, but I told him after the game, you might have been if you finished the game become the first player in NFL history to win NFC Defensive Player of the Week on a losing team. Do you realize he had eleven tackles, two sacks, two tackles for losses, and two quarterback hits in two and a half quarters. The drive happened in the third quarter when they got to twenty one. When he went out of the game. That was an unbelievable performance by him. And he came running back on the field and try I don't know if he got back in or not. He tried to talk his way back into the.
Speaker 6: Game defensive line. I'm telling you, I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: Believe me.
Speaker 6: Fans, You know I talk what I see now. I talk crazy on my show, but I'm trying to come on y'all show because y'all are more of an information show than us.
Speaker 2: We entertainment plus and information on our other show. Believe me, if we'd have had just an average lived above average d line, Kendrick.
Speaker 6: Number thirty five, le Fout and this kid overshown, they would be we would not stop talking about him. Well, we all would not stop talking Anyway, I'm telling you, if we could be consistent now, ninety seven Osa is starting to play good. Now number ninety nine is figuring out where he's where he's fitting. So you seeing guys starting to play better. But they are not big enough, cocky, strong enough to play thirty five minutes.
Speaker 4: A game, and they wear it down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's why I said, Philly, they wear you down with their defense.
Speaker 4: Our defense gets worn down.
Speaker 2: Yes, at the end of the game.
Speaker 5: Yes, after halftime with where we are, you know, looking good, and then all of a sudden, after halftime into the third quarter, we we just stumbled.
Speaker 3: We're wearing down the clock. Right now, we need to take a break. Care mix shots on Dallas.
Speaker 2: You're not a good bill, You're not a good placement. Hating to drop.
Speaker 8: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster cankuler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official c and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Doak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win. Slides for the first down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 6: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needles?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 4: You want to stay at.
Speaker 5: The team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 4: Star and talk x'es, and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 5: With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel wrecks.
Speaker 10: Today Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday.
Speaker 4: Morning Swagger Brisket and the Smoker.
Speaker 10: Miller Lite and the two America's team playing.
Speaker 4: America's greatest sport.
Speaker 10: Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company Fort Worth, Texas devict shuts.
Speaker 5: Head to AT and T Stadium to experience Rally Day presented by seat Geek on Sunday, November seventeenth from eleven am to six pm. Get ready to cheer on your Dallas Cowboys With tours of AT and T Stadium, autographs from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, ticket giveaways, games.
Speaker 2: And more.
Speaker 5: Visit AT and T Stadium dot com slashays to get your tickets today.
Speaker 3: So I was looking at the stats here and this occurred to me. Here as we do. Our final segment on mix shots is the Cowboys have lost four games when the imposing quarterback completed twelve passes, thirteen passes, fourteen passes, and nineteen passes. And this one got away from me because I thought in the first half the Cowboys did a pretty nice job stopping the run. I think they ran in the first half eighty two yards and most of it was Hurts scrambling out of the pocket, and they didn't contain him. At the end of the first half, he had forty eight yards rushing on six carries. They ended up with one hundred and eighty seven yards rushing and it was all in the second half.
Speaker 4: Oh man, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He completed fourteen passes, but it was for two hundred and two yards. They had five sacks. They had them under duress the most of the game. Now to get under duress though, they were having the blitz. And then you see when you blitz doesn't get there. Remember the crossing route to aj Brown. There was no linebackers in that way. Yes, sir, you have the floor to talk.
Speaker 6: Four see them four turnovers? You said that three of them really didn't count.
Speaker 3: They counted, well, they counted for thirteen points.
Speaker 6: They counted though, and that's what I'm saying, I tell people, it's so many ways you can lose in football.
Speaker 3: But they were losing already twenty eight to seven.
Speaker 2: But it's so many ways you can lose.
Speaker 3: Where they going to catch up, Nate.
Speaker 6: You can you can be perfect on third downs and still lose the game. You can have three turnovers and still lose the game. You have to have big time players making big time plays at big moments.
Speaker 4: And that's for me. That to me, that's what it is.
Speaker 5: It's the lack of making places or the ability to make plays. Numbers can be used to show and support any theory that you might have, but what we see is the turnovers happen after we've gotten worn down. By that time, your defensive shot, your offense has shown that they can't break out of it.
Speaker 4: And the more the more we try.
Speaker 5: To improve offensively, the bigger hole that we dug for ourselves. So right now we are a team that just isn't being coached well.
Speaker 4: Let's just say that.
Speaker 6: And if they are coaching well, it's not being received it not well.
Speaker 5: So once again, do you need more, more coaching, more practice time.
Speaker 4: You might need it, but you ain't getting it. Because that's the law. It is what it is.
Speaker 5: You need to try and communicate with these young boys as much as you can to make su your mistakes are not made. That needs to be an emphasis, guys. It's got to be an emphasis because we give too many excuses to guys who are just coming in to play. And I've always said it, I didn't have that luxury. Michael Downs didn't have that luxury. Hell even Bill Bates didn't have that luxury. We had to come in and make plays because we had champions around us that were making plays. We had to come in and be in step with what everyone else was doing. The pressure was there, the culture was there.
Speaker 4: You come in to play. You can't play like a backup.
Speaker 5: You gotta play like a veteran, and we have to give you the room to do that with this team. If your backup, for some reason, you seem to always perform as a backup.
Speaker 4: Someone needs to play above their own heads. It happens all the time.
Speaker 5: It's not unique to the Cowboys or any team in the NFL.
Speaker 3: The first turn over in the second half when it was twenty eight to seven, Cooper Rush got sacked. That's not his fault, right, Terrence Steele got burned on top of it when he tried to recover the fumble instead of falling at it.
Speaker 4: What are you doing.
Speaker 3: So you can sit there and talk about turnovers. That one's on the offensive line, right. The next one, Trey Lance completes a nice pass to Ferguson and the ball pops out.
Speaker 2: Come on my man right.
Speaker 3: And then the third one was the deep past the Tolbert that he never turned around on. So the quarterback gets the turnover, but other people caused him by not playing well.
Speaker 4: In fact, you have no trust.
Speaker 5: You gotta have trust when me and Mike play, I had to be I had to trust that Mike was gonna be at their post for me.
Speaker 4: I have to trust that.
Speaker 3: Well, he trusted it, told her would turn around and look for the past.
Speaker 4: There is no trust with these backups and to.
Speaker 5: Me, well, they're still playing as backups.
Speaker 4: That's what I was trying The point I was trying to.
Speaker 5: Make Eventually, you have to either challenge yourself or coaches challenge you.
Speaker 4: You challenge the coaches. We can't play the way we're labeled.
Speaker 3: So do you think the coverage would have been better if Deron Bland was on the field.
Speaker 5: The coverage would have been better, but it also would have been better if your man just does a damn job.
Speaker 3: Well, you're talking a sixth round draft.
Speaker 4: See, there you go. You're giving him an excuse.
Speaker 3: I'm not giving up. There's a reason why he was a sixth round draft, the.
Speaker 6: Reason why that was a fourth round pick, and making money he's making and doing what he's doing. He did accept.
Speaker 4: The narrative you can't, and we talked about that.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys have a history of players that don't accept the narrative that is given to them. The NFL has a history of players that say, you know what, I don't care what it is. I deserve to be a starter, and when I get out there, I can't wait till I get my shot. Now, the attitude seems to be when you put a guy out there who's not a starter, a guy there who's just a sixth rounder or whatever it is, we expect for him.
Speaker 4: We wait for him to screw up, we wait for it. And to me, that's not a good culture to have.
Speaker 5: I've seen many players come in who are not starters, who came off a practice squad with another team, and if the culture is there, they come in and they accept that culture and accept that responsibility. You have to do it as a player, and the coach that's coaching you accept the responsibility.
Speaker 4: This guy may get paid some money. You're getting paid to go out there and play. I don't care how much you're getting paid. You're getting paid to go play.
Speaker 5: So make the plays you need to make and try not to make mistakes.
Speaker 4: Be where you're supposed to be.
Speaker 3: At some point, talent, you're shaking your head.
Speaker 2: We agree?
Speaker 4: Agree with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do, we do.
Speaker 6: I understand that Kansas City is more is more talented. But he gave you a perfect example of the stealers. Remember we beat the stealers. Yeah, so he gives you a perfect There was one like two or three games after that.
Speaker 2: The bottom line.
Speaker 6: Is study, study, study. If you know you don't have the quickest feet, well you know you're gonna spend You're not gonna go out there. I'm talking about it from my office line. You're not gonna go out there as well, extra two extra hamburgers and four pieces of chicken. I mean some things, just the common sense, mad and okay, I give you nine times out of ten. Most offens in Linemen then gave up that sack. They see that ball pop loose, They just dropped down on it. What made my man still think that he could pick this ball up?
Speaker 3: He was going.
Speaker 4: He was gonna scoop.
Speaker 6: I mean, this is the front that you couldn't open your hips and block the guy.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna bend your hips and pick up the ball on the move. It ain't happening. You couldn't do it up there. What may you're gonna do it back here? Come on, man.
Speaker 4: So here's my thing.
Speaker 5: I would love to see a lot of rosters on this team and see how many backups you have on this team, how many guys who were drafted in sixth round or lower rounds, or how many undrafted free agents, and see how many of them are playing down to expectations. I love to see that because every team right now has entries I don't know, and so every team has a backup coming in, and I promise you there are more backups than not that say you know what, I'm not gonna come in here and play like a backup. I don't give it. Damn well, I was drafted or not drafted. Don't know how much money I'm making.
Speaker 3: All right, so I'm gonna end it on this. Did you see a difference when Mike parsons than the other defense?
Speaker 2: Okay, and that's it until about twenty five minutes in.
Speaker 3: Yes, he got real tired. I saw him put his hand up one time during one of.
Speaker 4: The drive out.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks to Nate Ever sing good to have you back. We probably didn't go over your picks to click. Thank god that we're here for Friday, and I assume Bill's back on Tuesday, and we'll be back for mix shots here on dallascowboys dot com.
Speaker 4: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football clubte