Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: I am Kate Hudson and my name is Oliver Hudson.
Speaker 3: We wanted to do something that highlighted our relationship.
Speaker 2: And what it's like to be siblings. We are sibling.
Speaker 4: Railval No, no, sibling. You don't do that with your mouth, revelry.
Speaker 5: That's good, Ollie.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited about what's happening right now because like one of my best friends.
Speaker 5: In the world.
Speaker 2: Been trying to get these girls on for years and.
Speaker 6: Spoop, Spoop is she gets scaredoos live like for Live Tyler, the Live Tyler, who is like I've known since I was fift fourteen.
Speaker 3: But we'll get into this because she's here and watching us, and they're watching us.
Speaker 2: They're watching.
Speaker 3: And Mia Tyler, who, by the way, we didn't actually grow up with as much as we did Live. We just met as adults. And I think you're meeting her for the first time today.
Speaker 2: I think i've met you before party. Yeah, which one I've met right for sure?
Speaker 1: Your birthday?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, stop writers, But it was a leading Yeah, it was one of those yeah, twenty years ago.
Speaker 5: Because I can see his face, I.
Speaker 1: Know I have been told by multiple people for years that you and I should be friends really because we are similar in humor and sibling wise eight more, not in like a just as like a friendship thing, but like everybody's like, you need to meet him.
Speaker 5: Oh all right.
Speaker 1: So when I saw you at the birthday, I was like, and then it was so fleeting. So now here we are.
Speaker 5: You guys, you will welcome to our podcast. Thank you so much you're here. I can't believe it did come from it came from so we Well, first of all, we have known each other since we were six. Yes, because I met you were dating. She was swooping Alex's Alex. You don't have to talk about Alex.
Speaker 3: I came talking about, but I know all your spoopies.
Speaker 5: And I came. I was sixteen. I came to l A. I was doing a movie, staying with Susan and Peter, my god parents, and their daughter Katie Hoffman was friends somehow, So somehow we all went out one night, a whole group of us, and over weeks that somehow we ended up at your house. Yeah, at our parents' house. I really remember. I remember you. I'll never forget it. I tell you.
Speaker 3: I love telling this story because I'm meeting liv Tyler and for me, you know, a girl in high school. I was at maybe in ninth grade, and it was like v Live Tyler, you know, it was like beauty was ow, you're a little bit older.
Speaker 5: Older, You're a little bit older. You're a little bit older. I remember, Yeah, I am how old are you? I'm seventy seven, I'm eighty six. I am seventy six older.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm seventy the old.
Speaker 3: So so I live walks in and she's in this tiny, like adorable baby doll dress with I remember that with converse like converse shoes black and white, and and I'll never forget it because it was also after you had done Crazy the video. So for me, I was like, oh my god, what is she doing in our house?
Speaker 5: We were school we were all in high school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I was acting really cool and then and then and that was it.
Speaker 5: And then there's ever your bedroom. I remember you came into my bedroom. I forget because I got like, like you still do I could see you sitting there.
Speaker 3: And then I remember driving to breakfast. We went to Patrick's Roadhouse.
Speaker 5: Which is no longer over at your house. Did I sleep over? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But there's kinds of weird thing.
Speaker 5: Now at this point I had we were in. I forget what car we were in, but I remember, yes, we went in.
Speaker 3: Your song was my side took me but just two a little bit older. So this was like another another visit and I'll never forget. I had my SOB and Shpoop Live was like, you know, let's go get breakfast. I was like, okay, yeah, let's go get breakfast. And and and I was like, we go to Patrick Shorthouse and we got in the car and Janey got a gun, came on and you blast it and I was like, this is this is so crazy.
Speaker 8: It's like Overboard coming on. Everyone sit down watching Overboard.
Speaker 5: Which.
Speaker 1: Such a great movie, but it's my favorite movie. It's my favorite movie. Can number one.
Speaker 8: We'll get back to your story and Seid, let me pitch. Can I pitch you overboard in today's world to see if this was flying? Okay, here's the overboard pitch. We have a really rich woman who's on the I who comes into this little harbor and this sort of carpenter guy. She's a total bitch, horrible thing. She falls overboard. Now she's brought in as amnesia. The carpenter who she's a dick to decides to kidnap her because if you think about what he did, he kidnapped mother, essentially.
Speaker 5: That is what he does. But it's hilarious recently to the scene where she's sitting and all the kids are around and they're kind of like and she's kind of trying to figure it out, and he's telling her the story happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she's like and he's like, you know, try try to figure out his name. Try, try and try, and she's like, you got to.
Speaker 2: Remember this one.
Speaker 6: Roy is now the dog's name.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now we have a dog cry.
Speaker 2: Every time window.
Speaker 3: Oh, forget it, but the necklace.
Speaker 2: Mom's got the necklace. I'm still I.
Speaker 5: Cry when it's over.
Speaker 3: And he's like, what could I give you that you don't girl?
Speaker 5: Jenne's got a guy.
Speaker 3: We are driving down and I remember where we were, right at Lemisa and you know, near Chautauqua, and we were crossing and.
Speaker 5: I remember it's one of those core memories.
Speaker 3: I will never forget your exuberance, like your life force of like you know, I just will never forget it.
Speaker 5: Yoh, yeah, you were like, who was the top down? The top was down?
Speaker 3: But it was also that thing like we were so young and we were so ready to go.
Speaker 5: We were just like ready, you know, and you really wanted to be an actress at that time. And I remember, and your mom wouldn't let you. She wouldn't. She was like, you're finishing high school and you had your SOB and you could drive. And I was in your LA and I was in New York. So yeah, it's so different. And I'd already started working and I would have loved to have been in your shoes.
Speaker 1: I am kind of at home.
Speaker 8: How old were you when we were all hanging out, even without Kate? When you were dating sixteen? That was sixteen.
Speaker 5: Now you were older, you were seventeen, and.
Speaker 2: Was I still were still in high school?
Speaker 5: Were totally still in high school? Because when the Aerosmith video came out, I was so in high school that I would get.
Speaker 1: I was fifteen when that came out, so and you're eighteen months older. So yeah, because it used to come done in the morning, idiot, No, you're nineteen for that, I'd done, I believe a couple like, yeah, yes.
Speaker 5: Because I turned eighteen when I did, right, So I was sixteen or seventeen? Yeah, I turned eighteen that song, But when the video used to come on, I used to get up. My alarm would go off. Like any other high school kid. I would start getting ready and put MTV on and it was the morning countdown, and when my song came on, I would cringe and run and get in the shower, and I knew that I had like that amount of time whatever five or six minutes to and then come back out to see the video that I wanted to see that I wasn't in. But it was on the countdown for that whole year. I feel like, oh yeah, it was. It was huge.
Speaker 2: Was that your first gig?
Speaker 5: No, My friend James Mangold discovered me.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 5: I was in his first movie called Heavy. The first movie I ever did was called Silent Fall. I killed my Silent was the Killer with Bruce Bruce Bears for driving Miss Daisy. Right then I was like thirteen fifteen. I don't know, it's all a blur, but Spoops that comes from that time we were in high school and for some reason, I don't know why you used to call me spoops poops. It came from Briston. Well it was well that was later chunk, but it was a lot of names.
Speaker 3: No, we used to do this thing where we would basically like her dad does this thing. He's always like like a cow wow like and.
Speaker 5: And yeah, he's like yow. And then we would sometime.
Speaker 3: I don't know what happened, but we would be singing a song would be like big goes well, spooby amount of booby poop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you just like yes, start singing yes and.
Speaker 3: Just do the song like that, and then she just became poop me like it was just spoop. It was just all it was poop, and then it was spoop. But then we'll call each other and be like poopy. But then I call you shoops and you call me poopy. It's not actually poop related, but you don't talk about.
Speaker 5: But you too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like poop. We called her a poop.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's an endearment and poop poop, but.
Speaker 5: You've always pinched poopy poop and always sing songs boo poop. Even even even Ronnie the other day was like we just leave each other on her voice so many times.
Speaker 3: And then and then Ronnie the other day, I was like, oh, Live is coming, and.
Speaker 1: She's like.
Speaker 5: And I was like spoopy and She's like, oh, like the kids don't even know name. But we then we then after that, of course.
Speaker 3: You went to college and we thrived in our professional life.
Speaker 5: Where did you go to college?
Speaker 2: Left?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you went to college. We just from college.
Speaker 2: We just went a couple of years.
Speaker 3: We went into them. Then we were always together. So like then like we went.
Speaker 2: I remember some reason, I feel like I knew it lived before you.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you did.
Speaker 2: If it was for me, then you guys.
Speaker 5: Would we wouldn't have had that.
Speaker 3: So then I go to New York and we're obviously both working and we're we went to a couple of shows together. We then had a mutual bestie and Stella McCartney, and we were all so young and hanging out. But then Spoop and I had babies young, so then you're.
Speaker 5: First you had Rider when you were twenty three.
Speaker 3: I had Rider, and then you had Myla and they were like six months apart or eight months apart or something, and so us being the younger mommies, we were so we just I know, we'd hang out and she was married to Chunks at the time. I called him Chunks, which is it. He wasn't Chunky he wasn't chunky. It wasn't like it was like it was like he was so cute. It was like it was like spoopy Chunky.
Speaker 5: Like what do you call Chris nicknames? It was just Chris. But then we went on tour together.
Speaker 3: So then space and Oasis and the Brotherly Crows went on the brother Lift.
Speaker 5: So we we had like.
Speaker 2: A very fun romance.
Speaker 5: Reversal because you had your own bus. So I was in space Hog was the opening act? Then close yeahs shared, you know, but so I was in the bus with the whole band, with all of space Hog and you and Chris had your own bus, and Shpoopy was just living the life like so beautiful. I was like.
Speaker 8: Reality and then it was so stop. It just carried over. But you know what, you know what the sucky thing is is you're coming to the end of your friendship and me and I were just starting off right. So in twenty years we're going to look back into another podcast.
Speaker 2: Remember that. Do you remember when we got movie? Yeah? Right, Crooky so goooky cooky cookie cookie cookie cookie. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So here we are, now here we are we are. Let's get into wellos Ven the sibling Revelie listen. Let's revelry. Oh yeah, yeah, I was saying this yesterday.
Speaker 3: Hello, we could re record it. Well, let's re record it. Sibling and I always have a desire to re record songs. We we like alone Heart.
Speaker 5: I wanted to be Anna Nancy Wilson I felis do a movie. But I would have to transform myself a lot. You would, but yeah, I mean but we that would be and then we'd be competing for the best singing part. But you'd be such a good Nancy. And yeah, but I can do those high kicks the guitar.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's a movie here.
Speaker 5: We've been talking about it for like ten years.
Speaker 3: We do yeah, and then I can sing. I can sing that. We can switch voices for them for just the recording. I can do the ann his and you can do videos.
Speaker 5: We're so good.
Speaker 8: And I'm just one worried about the audience. That's all the people listening who are listening to this podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm just.
Speaker 5: Worried. Okay, let's get into childhood.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's let's first start with are you full.
Speaker 5: Sister siblings half half?
Speaker 1: But we don't know all the siblings. My little brother and sister are full and then there's me and then her and then but we don't.
Speaker 5: Say half right, like what is because like what does that mean? What do we say?
Speaker 1: I know? I just said brother.
Speaker 5: I call your sister brother.
Speaker 2: To blood. You have two other blood to different.
Speaker 1: So there's three moms one.
Speaker 2: Dad got it right, Okay, So.
Speaker 5: First live was first.
Speaker 1: Live was first, But we didn't know I was the best, start, right, I was, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: We didn't know about me. Who didn't We'll get we'll get we'll get into that.
Speaker 1: And then so my parents were married, so I was the I was the first, but no I'm not. And then he remarried years later and had Taj and Chelsea got it right, Okay, So so I know where you're going, and I'm very excited. Tell the story is my favorite.
Speaker 3: Story, amazing almost beautiful but traumatic like story because it's bizarre, you know.
Speaker 5: But live.
Speaker 3: You were raised by your mom, baby Buell, your mom baby Buell and Todd, right, and Todd didn't know who your dad was until you were much older.
Speaker 5: I think like eight. We were sort of seven, eight, nine ish eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So okay, so walk us through this a little bit.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what the finest Well, so The story goes that Todd and my mom were dating for Todd Tod, excuse me, incredible musician, seventies on and off, I don't know, traveling, all sorts of things going on. Somehow Liz Derreinger, who was married to Rick Derringer hang On, Sloopy, sleepy, come on, hang on, spoop went to high school with my dad with Stephen and introduced my mom and Steven at Access Kansas City one night or something, and they made me.
Speaker 1: And one night I think he invited her on tour.
Speaker 5: To Europe after she was But yes, the first time they ever made the love was in New York at Liz And is that where you were conceived? I think so, yes, And I think I know the house, which is interesting. Interesting, that's that's that's a little side.
Speaker 2: Piecing, amazing.
Speaker 5: But basically they had a love affair. There's so many interpretations. There's Todd's version, there's Steven's version, there's my mom's version, and then my whole life. I've been trying to put all the pieces together, and it kind of occurred to me in my thirties that it really didn't matter that everybody. It's like everything in life, we all have her own version, and they were all beautiful, and I've just kind of like fallen into the puzzle of it all and working on myself. My interpretation is that they were together, they didn't really know each other very well. Well, I appeared in the belly and I think my dad was pretty wild, and he was extremely wild, definitely, yeah, doing he was amazing, has a tremendous amount of stamina. He was like the most teasy, magical unicorns and did a lot of drugs. And I think, well.
Speaker 1: This is also the story of why he has scarves on his microphone, is because he liked to hide his pills and whatnots so he could do them live on stage. So that is, yes, he would have little pockets sewn so he could be on stage and just take whatever it was that he was ingesting. Unbelievable, So he was pretty wild mart at that time doing things that no mom to be as wild as your mom was too, Like no mom wants that's interesting.
Speaker 3: She was.
Speaker 5: She was twenty three and pregnant and she'd left Todd or but I think they were both probably having affairs. I don't actually know. She I think got a little bit scared when she realized how much drugs my dad was doing. And I think, as the story goes, she called Todd and said she was pregnant, and he asked her to come home to where they lived in Woodstock in upstate New York. And basically, he very courageously and lovingly said, this child needs a father, and I will be the father. Yeah, very cute. So I was born living. I don't This is where it all gets a little bit confusing, because I think there was sort of an agreement that maybe I would never know, or maybe I would have to be eighteen, and then that was his I don't think anyone. And I was born with blue eyes and my dad, Stephen, has very brown eyes, and I have very blue eyes, and Todd had blue eyes. So I think maybe there was always a bit of a like, who is I didn't know?
Speaker 3: That's so funny, I mean it, And even like your baby pictures, I would think that there would have to be some Most of it is so interesting.
Speaker 5: I would love to hear that from your mom.
Speaker 8: You know, how far apart are you got?
Speaker 2: Eighteen months?
Speaker 5: Eighteen months during her mother is major, by the way, this whole situation.
Speaker 1: With us anymore, but she yeah, so I think after that he had met So my mom was married to David Johansson who just passed away Buster Poindexter. Yeah, and he was The story I was told was that he was a heroin dealer as well. Yeah, and so he's selling Heroine to Joe Perry and his then wife Alyssa, who my mom became best friends with because they would all party together and David was doing lots of junk and just not treating her so well. And then one day my mom was up in the management office David Krebs Airsmith's manager's office, and my dad had on this coat which I just found and just gave to him. It's like a you know, Joseph and the technicolored raincoat or whatever that is, but it's like patchwork long, and it was just like he had long, girly hair and she was like what is that? And he saw her and she was blonde. She was like the Warhol chick at the time.
Speaker 5: She looked like she was in Jean Jeannie the David.
Speaker 1: Major, but she had red lips and leach blonde hair, and he was just like, what is that? And he was like she always said, he was like, oh, oh, what is that, Like that was the name of this episode, and that was the moment that she was no longer with David. I guess mentally right. And it's funny because I have her journal. Oh wow, after she died, I got all her stuff and it's like it's it's CF because she went by sir into Fox and it was like CF with hearts plus DJ David Johansson. And then you see like all these like you see a couple of blank pages and then you see something's changed and there's like all these flight things and it's the flight out a JFK where she was supposed to go home to David Johansson in New York, but instead she flew to Texas jam to be with my dad and never came home. And then the journal after that is all.
Speaker 5: CF plus ST. It's such a like.
Speaker 1: Crazy history thing to have.
Speaker 5: And they were married, they got married, So they got married, lived in New Hampshire in September and I.
Speaker 1: Was born in December.
Speaker 5: And how long were they together?
Speaker 1: Eighty ten years, ten years, ten years married.
Speaker 3: So your all of your childhoods are probably so different because you're also getting get probably although you might have a similar relationship to your dad. It probably was just just completely different.
Speaker 5: Well, we didn't have eight each other. Very interesting.
Speaker 1: We didn't meet until like around like eight and ten, but we grew up the same way without knowing each other. So I grew up in New Hampshire.
Speaker 5: And I grew up she grew up in Maine.
Speaker 1: And the same year we both were moved to New York City by our moms and we met, well, we met at a convert and we lived Arison.
Speaker 2: Show How old were You You met?
Speaker 5: And I think she was.
Speaker 1: Eight and I was nine, and I am kids backstage, and so with her and I just played the whole time.
Speaker 2: And I remember not knowing you were sisters.
Speaker 1: Hold on, no, I'm about to blow your mind. Yeah, I remember, because there was no kids backstage. So her and I just played hard that night. And we were at this VIP area, like outside of the green rooms, and we were just like, you know, doing our eight and nine year old thing, and this fan lady came up and she was.
Speaker 5: Like, oh my god, you girls are so cute.
Speaker 1: Are you guys sisters? And we were like, you said yeah, and I was like yeah, and we pretended we were sisters.
Speaker 5: But what she didn't know was that my mom had told me I'm going to start crying. Oh. So that night we lived in Maine, so my mom couldn't really handle taking care of me alone. So I went to live with my grandmother and my aunt and my uncle and cousins in Maine. So I was kind of my mom was in and out. Oh God, this gets so complicated. Before before that show, she does I know you. So there's pieces in between. But Steven went to reab came out part of his twelve Steps. He and Teresa went together. He called my mom that they started speaking again and arranged to meet in Boston at one of Todd's shows, which was probably not I think it was maybe my mom's way of thinking, Oh, Stephen just showed up and it was so fun. But it was very painful for Todd that part, I think, because I met Stephen that night and then so this was throughout the course of that year, he was around more. I had no idea who he was other than I just thought he was fabulous. And so that particular night that she's talking about, Guns n' Roses were opening for Aerosmith. It was the beginning of their Welcome to the Jungle. Like incredible moment, and we drove the gig I remember this, which is sort of at a place called Great Woods, which I don't know if that.
Speaker 3: Was me emotional.
Speaker 5: There's so many levels to this. So emotional right now, so we oh, babes, don't make me come over there and hug you.
Speaker 2: I need to get emotional.
Speaker 5: I just know this story.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about anyway, keep going.
Speaker 5: So we my mom was like, we're going to this show, and we drove from Portland, Maine, where we lived, to Great Woods, which is in New England somewhere, and it was an outdoor sort of those little outdoor amphitheater venues, and we were a little bit late, so normally we would have just gone backstage or whatever with friends and for some so we got tickets and we went to the audience and we were sitting standing in the you know somewhere, and Guns and Roses was playing and I was so e seted because I just like loved Guns and Roses. And on the side of the stage was this one because standing there.
Speaker 1: Actual used to dedicate Sweet Child of Mind to me like every tour, and he'd like bring me out on stage and be like.
Speaker 5: This is again to you, and I'd like. I just remember standing there watching them play, looking and seeing this girl who looked exactly like me, Like we literally had the same outfit on Oh my god. We had both had perms like spiral perms, pink fro races. We were both wearing a Aerosmith concert T shirt with black leggings and Reebok high tip go sneakers. I looked and I was like, wait, that's me. It was really weird. I was literally like looking in the mirror seeing you're double. I looked at my mom and I was like mom, and she just started crying. My mom just like Bald And I was like, is Stephen my dad? And she just like Bursted. She was just like good. And then she took me to a bench and we sat on a bench at this like outdoor amphitheater, and she told me the whole story in the most sincere, beautiful way, like within, the most loving, like loving version about Todd, loving version, about Steven, loving version, about the family that had supported us through it all, and I just was there with it. And then we went backstage after the show, and then there was me and we met for the first time, and I remember someone asking if we were sisters and I didn't, but we but we didn't know.
Speaker 1: But then that night, so I went home that night, so I took a car and I'm like, they just sent a car to bring me and take me back. So I remember getting home and it was really late, and I remember coming back and I was like, I met this girl and she was so great blah blah, and her mom beb me and she was like, what was her name? And she was like and I was like, her name, her name was liv and she was like, no, it's not. Her name's Amy. And I was like, what are you talking about. She goes, and that's your sisters and others. She goes, she goes, she was her mom's name was Bebie and then her name's Amy and I was like, no, it was Live and she's like, that's your sister. And that's how I found out And just in this moment, and then I just had to like go back into my room and put nick at night on and just go back to sleep. But then like two years later, I still have. You know, it's funny, I don't know the timeline, but I still have. You started sending me postcards and like, and I just found one recently and it was just.
Speaker 5: Like, you know, we're like eleven years old and you're just like And then we met up in New York, New York, Liz Darreinger's house, who had entered the one that from Oh my gosh, and I will never forget. We were sitting playing and my mom and Liz and her mother, Serrenda were sitting and they were you know, like talking, and then they looked at us and wait, like, okay, it's okay, you can talk about it now.
Speaker 1: No, that is not what happened, I remember.
Speaker 5: And then we looked and then we went there. We have this all the time with siblings, and there's always different person because she was older. All the time, she was older.
Speaker 1: So I thought, you know, I was like, oh, she's so cool. But I already known. I knew that she was my sister, but I didn't think she knew. And and we both knew but didn't know the other knew. But my mom started letting me go out with you and Beebie and we would walk around. And I remember this because your mom would always be like, if you want to have a tight butt, you gotta squeeze your butt as you walk and like thirteen squeeze around New York City, and then we went back to your apartment. Yeah, it was like on eighteenth Street or something, I don't remember where it was, and my mom had toxture that dare My mom had to come pick me up. And I just remember like the whole day. I was like I remember even just being on like fourteenth Street walking and wanting to blurt it out, and I had to really like bite my tongue. And so we went back to your house and we were I was in your room by myself. My mom had showed up, and you were in the living room with them, and that's when they said, okay, you guys can talk about it, and you came flying into the You came flying into the room and you were like you know, and I was like you know, and and then we just sat there and hugged. And then we've been sisters ever since.
Speaker 5: I was just getting anyone.
Speaker 1: Always chokes me up the like you know, and like it was just we just saw I think we sat there and cried and like, and then we had so much stuff in common.
Speaker 5: Though, hugging each other.
Speaker 1: And lipstick. You can't tell the difference. I'll try and find it.
Speaker 8: But when did you get introduced to your father as your father? I mean the recognition happened.
Speaker 5: There your sort of similarly like oh that what that I was allowed to talk about.
Speaker 8: It your stage and you're like, is that my dad? And she's like, basically, yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't have talked about it with him. Did he know? He know that you were? He did know? Yeah, Okay, I think that. I think that even after I was born, they saw each other, which probably gets into tricky territory because you would have well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: A little mom little.
Speaker 9: And then.
Speaker 5: Todd and my mom weren't together. I think they tried to be together for about two weeks and that didn't go well.
Speaker 2: Did you think Todd was your father? Yes?
Speaker 1: I was raised, Yeah, because for a long time. Yeah, that's how I met you.
Speaker 5: And was that so hard for him? I think so hard. I think it's probably still very hard and painful. And I don't speak to him, and I love him and I have brothers from him, and I had a whole family with them, but there was so much I was a kid, so it was really hard because he was mad at my mom and then suddenly Stephen was there and we did a praternity test and it was positive, and so we moved to New York. I think I was twelve, eleven or twelve, Like I remember getting my jurneyest summer and like moving.
Speaker 1: I remember the test. You were a little bit older because I was like, why are they doing that? Like it's obvious we all know.
Speaker 5: Oh, but then that wasn't until after that that we were allowed to discuss it. So I knew that. I think I knew, but it wasn't until after I remember being in New York, very close to where all my children were born, having the blood test and it being positive, and then seeing Steven and my mom. I was all seeing each other together during that time.
Speaker 3: Like, now are those memories like obviously, you know you have different perceptions of little those little sort of moments, but like, does it feel like that was the beginning of your childhood almost or do you still have memories of being younger and just with your mom and Todd They.
Speaker 5: Weren't together my mom and Todd. Todd, Yeah, they didn't make it together. Oh okay, he took he took care of me as like he was dad who he was always on tour too and traveling. He had another partner and two boys, so I would go and visit them and go on trips with them.
Speaker 3: I lived in Maine with my my uncle, my mom, and sometimes with my grandma.
Speaker 5: I was kind of raised by a little mix of bush poopy. What was your feeling like. Did you feel like you were betrayed that time or did you feel just an excitement that you actually felt like now you knew what your life really was like? What was the honest I felt it was quite like sort of mature. It was very weird. I felt so much love and so much I think because I had already lived with Annie and Teddy and my my family in Maine. I'd already lived with my grandmother, I'd already lived with my mom. I was kind of used to I was, I'm such a cancer crab. I'm very adaptable. I was able to like soak up the love that I could. And everybody was so different. So I remember to say.
Speaker 1: The Tyler, well, you know, our real last name's Tolrico.
Speaker 5: So the tolergo, we're Collabrian.
Speaker 1: We're very like my dad's I was very Italian, very eclectic, very like Gypsy, like gnome, you know, like all the trees have faces in them at our house, but like there was just like this weird, like not weird, but like eclectic gypsy vibe and that's why like we always like gypsy, you know. But like, so, did you did you feel like once you like realized all of us were your family, that you felt like, oh right, I belong here, like because you're very much even though that's not your last name, but like gipsy teller very much.
Speaker 5: I'm going to start checking into anybody. The queen of it was like layers. The first the first wave was shock. After that concert, we went home and my mom had a shaved in front of the window, and I remember sitting there for what felt like three days but it was probably three hours, and just basically coming to this conclusion at the end of like whoa, I have two dads and all this love and like maybe there'll be two Christmases. I just was really excited about it because they're all so different and so lovely.
Speaker 8: Was there a point where as you get older, we're like, Okay, now I think I need therapy so much. I'm saying, there is that moment where it's like, oh and then you get older, you mature, and things start to happen, your life starts to formulate, and then you're like, wait, I need to deal with this shit.
Speaker 5: I think I've always been dealing with it. But for me, I'm like, what's also just part of our job as actors? Right, Like I started acting at thirteen or fourteen. It's like the first thing you're doing is looking at the text and like, well, what do you really mean by that? And what's going on underneath that? And having to dig into those places of your childhood and other experiences that human behaviors is the core of what do we do? How did you feel that that? I always think more about what that must have felt like for you, because it was.
Speaker 1: Like, well, I had always wanted I grew up an only child at first because my little sister wasn't born until I was nine, Chelsea, I had wanted siblings. I just I wanted siblings. I would stare and like I just squeeze my body as hard as I could, thinking that that was like reaching whatever would bring me siblings, and I would just like and pray for that. And then and there.
Speaker 2: Sister.
Speaker 1: I had both a little sister and an older sister, and it was it.
Speaker 5: Was Chelsea so fabulous too. I call her, I call her and Ta's Cheech and Chong because they were so but she's a mom with kids now and so but I still call her Cheech but she is so fabulous.
Speaker 1: So I was just excited to have siblings, like, well, yeah, I was just all of a sudden the middle child.
Speaker 8: And it was great once you guys met, though, you know, how did that relationship sort of continue?
Speaker 2: You were both in were you both in New York?
Speaker 1: I moved here for sixth grade and you were in seventh or eighth grade.
Speaker 5: We lived such different lives. School to the Upper east Side. Surrender was fabulous. My mom was like Lower east Side queen. But she had this big.
Speaker 1: Dream of being She wanted to be this, you know, wrapped in furs walking around the very sophisticated. So she dragged us up to eighty second in Madison, and she.
Speaker 5: Was really mad at our. Surrenda was very mad at she. Steven was very yes, because he had kind of left her in New Hampshire. He had taken her from her life in New York and then had a baby and then kind of like left her. Sorry, dadhre alone with me without family and for money or anywhereas like I had grandmother and uncle and a lot of supports me. You were alone a lot with your mom. Oh god, no money. Yeah, because he was a.
Speaker 1: Heroin aount of money time that I think everybody always thinks that too, Like we grew up so rich and I was like we I mean, I was a toys for Tot's kid for most of my childhood, getting like the local motorcycle crew would come and bring me like used toys for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Asmith so many.
Speaker 5: Because there was like the seventies time, then there was like skid row time they lost everything, and then I think it was the nineties, the nineties when it was like sort of the videos that I was Living on the Edge. I was like mart with your yeah right, which is so cute.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 5: They did he wrote pink I love that I was on.
Speaker 1: I sang on pink you did yeah.
Speaker 3: Uncle, I think Uncle Mark's a writer on that one did going on Edge.
Speaker 5: Yes, By the way, listen to Living on the Edge. Drive home and listen. Listen to the words It's so right now, it's so you're like, wait, this needs to come out. The world.
Speaker 1: They were up in the hills. They were recording up in the hills and the LA riots started, So they were watching the LA riots and that's where those lyrics came from.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: And that's why it's called living on the edge because they were on the edge of watching.
Speaker 8: But how does your relationship progress two different moms? You know, you guys were you found your you found your sisterhood. You're essentially in love.
Speaker 5: And it's like, okay, because because of our age difference too, and I was like, oh, I want to know my dad. We would go visit and she would hang out with Chelsea and Tag and they were like a little bit younger and play, and then I was just that little bit older. But through period that I would just wanted to hang out with my dad, So I'd stay up all night but his dressing room talking that is.
Speaker 1: And I don't care whose feelings I heard by saying this is our stepmom was very territorial with our little brother and sister and dad, and so any slight thing that would take him away from her and her family, she would kind of push us out. And so I was like, I was worried, and I'm being honest. I don't think I've ever told you this. I was worried because you came in and you just wanted to be around Dad, and like, of course, what child wouldn't And she said I was a.
Speaker 5: Little bit more of a teenager. I was like becoming a woman. Yeah, So I was like, yeah, what have I didn't I didn't want to like build a board, but I was like, whoa, I'm going to go into my dad's like dressing room.
Speaker 1: He'd just tell stories.
Speaker 5: And it was just that we were at that that.
Speaker 1: Eighteen she was going to push us out, so I was I started acting like I don't care about Dad, because I really did. I wanted like my little sisters. She's my best friend. And the minute she was born, I was like hooray, like I remember the day she was born, and like pacing around the house when they were going to bring her home because like I was just like I have a best friend. But I was so afraid that Teresa was going to push us away because you were trying to get to Dad, so that I started ignoring him and I would go bline it for the little brother and sister.
Speaker 5: It's so interesting because it worked.
Speaker 1: Out because she got to spend all the time with him, and then it wasn't you guys threatening to Teresa because I was with the kids.
Speaker 3: But the dynamic is fascinating because it's three different moms, but you're the child of each other, but you're still the middle child. Oh yeah, And what you're explaining is like pure, it feels like total middle child feeling of.
Speaker 1: Like we are very much like She's definitely like the adult. Even though she came in later, she still has always stepped up and been like leader for everything the mom just because.
Speaker 5: I went first with a baby's first house.
Speaker 1: So Chelsea and I technically are the middle children. And then there's our little brother, who's just the only boy and who is just but he is the opposite of Gypsy Tolerico. He's a construction worker and he's married with two kids and lives in the woods and goes hunting and it has nothing to do with La or anything.
Speaker 5: This is a really interesting He's the best dad in the West, we all, even though Steven Tyler is our dad. And the story that the press always tells in every article ever is that like we grew up on tour and this right, wild crazy I grew up in Maine with my family. She grew up in New Hampshire and Chelsea and Taj grew up in Marshfield, Massachusetts, so we all grew up in this nowhere near Hollywood. I don't think I came to LA until I probably around meeting you. Then we were in New York a little bit. But it's very interesting because it's a through line for us in the way we are as parents and the way we raise our kids. Yeah, Like I live in the mountains in the middle of nowhere, and I'm raising my kids. So out of all of that, Mia always has been very much not a part of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the entertainment.
Speaker 5: Lage are doing the same.
Speaker 1: Yea, they lives in Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: The fact that your dad is who he is.
Speaker 8: At what point did that sort of come into play with you.
Speaker 2: Guys as adults teenagers? You know what I mean? Was it?
Speaker 1: Well, it was more for you because you were being an entertainer and you were you wanted that world. I wanted nothing to do with. My mom was trying to force me to be an actress. I had to do like auditions and stuff, and I hated it me too.
Speaker 5: I didn't I didn't want anything.
Speaker 2: To do with that did you embrace I did you want to sort of you know, do I moved to New.
Speaker 5: York that summer I was twelve. I loved the freedom of walking around New York. But I was looked like such a woman. I was just a little girl, but I was this tall and this weight and high. I was like, but then I started. I think my story is that paul my mom was very close to Ric Okaysik from the Cars, and Paulinaporskov his wife, and actually they took pictures of me, and that sort of started my modeling career.
Speaker 1: Was that Paulina on the beach or something.
Speaker 5: Some of them were, yeah, really pretty.
Speaker 1: I remember those because we had I don't know why we had copies of those. There was like one on the fridge.
Speaker 5: So I started modeling. I was in high school and I got asked to go on a couple of auditions, which I was terrified to do because, as you know, I'm outrageously shy, and but it was just it was so that was a strange thing because it was definitely something my mom put, not pushed me into. She just was like, you're doing this, and I was terrified, but I did. And then she got no, mom, no exactly, which is so funny because she used to always say. She used to always say when I was little that I was going to be an actress when I grew up, and I didn't know what she was talking about. But like you, I was always singing, always singing around the house in the back of the car, just with like every hounds of my heart.
Speaker 1: You also wanted to be a kid, though, because I remember like your mom pushing you to do auditions and stuff, and you like, we're allowed to eat cookies and stuff. And then we would go because back then in the nineties, you could just run around New York City being little girls and with no parents, and so we would go to the store.
Speaker 5: We'd have like.
Speaker 1: Before that when we were like so fun club and we would get like five bucks each and we would go to the store, remember that time, we'd find like a stoop and we would buy like four bags of chips and some like yeah I wasn't.
Speaker 5: Allowed to We would yeah I got a Kudos bar in my lunch box. When I would go over to friends, Yeah, I would go over to a friend's house and be like.
Speaker 8: What I remember, I remember live coming into my life and thinking well, she's a year younger, but she is so much older than me. It felt like I was very sophisticated, and you know, I was like sophistic this older woman, even though you were younger in New York have been rolling blunts and I was like, damn, she's rolling blunts and she's like bom puffing, and I'm like.
Speaker 5: Whoa who. I feel like it's like I never because you and I never smoked.
Speaker 3: Now, I feel like everyone knows, like your dad obviously, but then when you really think about your guys as moms, you know, when you think about the life they had, both of them. I remember the one of the first times I met Beebie was we were out about New York and we were super young.
Speaker 5: I think even like.
Speaker 3: I think I was like twenty, you know, I don't even think I was twenty one yet before Chris and she had a young boyfriend. I don't know if it's still who she's with, no coyote husband.
Speaker 2: It was her.
Speaker 1: He was died here died.
Speaker 3: And then we went to this like c Love was he playing and she was on stage singing, oh wow yeah.
Speaker 5: And my mom, by the way, was in the most incredible bit growing up in Portland, Maine. My mom was in the best band called the Gargoyles.
Speaker 3: But she had talk about talk about presence like Beebe was like, I mean a star in her own the way you know, and the way she saw herself too, even.
Speaker 5: As much as you know, it's just she just is full of life.
Speaker 3: Feels like like, so you had both of your parents, even though your mom isn't as well known.
Speaker 5: And that made me very not yet would you wouldn't call me shy, no, but but I have.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's like if I'm at home with you, I think that's it's like I'm I can be yes, but I tend to on that step. I think their behaviors or they're just like the tad dancing wild energy. That's what lived like.
Speaker 3: Live was probably like like going like okay, like like you know, it was just like constantly.
Speaker 5: And then I had my grandmother who is an etiquette like had worked in Washington and the government and was like focusing on teaching etiquette still to day she's ninety five. I was just with her all last week. And my family in Maine. I had like a lot of different.
Speaker 3: But you were creative side, like your mom and dad and that sort of creative energy is so intense, and I just think it's amazing that you came out of that as as centered as you are.
Speaker 5: Like I always say, you know, that's a recipe for like a wild child.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you And then it gets I.
Speaker 5: Think, I'm on my grand my auntie my and I know it's so weird to talk about astrology and stuff like that, but I'm so cancerian. I'm a double cancer and my other thing is in capric I'm like a cancer with cancer rising cancer. It's a full moon you have to do, and she does the best full ceremonies ever, But I very much okay, I don't want to do a full mom.
Speaker 2: I'm a virgo.
Speaker 5: Virgos don't do full are you talking about? Virgos are the most like moon virgos?
Speaker 1: I was actually my son was born on a full moon. Really do you Okay? So when the full moon comes a couple of days before and after, are you just bonkers?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I feel like I'm bonkers.
Speaker 3: You're actually quiet right now, which makes me think you're thinking about something else.
Speaker 8: Because usually our podcasts are it's a lot of energy, and it's funny in this but hearing these stories is just so amazing. And I've known you for so long and of course you transitively, you know, but it's just it's interesting, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: Well, I was going to say, then your mom, who was like this iconic, you know, also pretty.
Speaker 1: Wild, she was more reserved though, she was more like you. She was very like, kind of shy and prude and just kind of like, now, I don't mean that you're prude, but she was just very like and I think she was intimidated by your mom because your mom was loud and big, and like, she just was very shy. Like I heard stories from Dad and mom that Dad was so he wanted her so bad and she was like no, no, no no, and that he would come to her hotel room door and just scratch on the door. And then finally one day she just opened the door and she's like, you can come in, but the door is staying open, and then you know, and then I was conceived, you know, and Hawaii a couple of months later, So but that's how it started. He would just scratch and she was just like no, no, no no. But she was just very like reserved, but she was like she looked like Marilyn Monroe. She was blonde hair, red lips, and she knew Iggy Pop and David Bowie.
Speaker 8: What was it like growing up like that for you? Meaning, you know, was there recognition that this is who your parents were? How was school where people like you as your parents?
Speaker 1: I was more funny about it because I just was like everybody, like, somebody come up to me like, oh my god, who's your dad? And then I would like I would do one of two things. I would be like bon Jovi just to throw them off, where I'd be like, oh my dad died, you know, and I would just up with people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I was.
Speaker 1: Just so annoyed by the whole thing, and so I just kind of played and had fun with it. And I just really, I mean, I didn't I didn't want to go by Tyler. I was actually sat down by him and said, don't go by Tolerico because we don't want everybody to know that's our last name. Now everybody knows, but it's you know, back before the internet. You know, he really thought.
Speaker 2: That that was like just from mystique.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like don't let anybody know. So people change their names because they were like too long or stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the normal, but I didn't care. I didn't want anything to do with it. I mean, I wanted to be a singer, but then Dad shot that down. He was like, don't do that, and I was like, when we.
Speaker 5: Moved to New York, we had such her mom moved to the Upper East Side and she went to Merrymount and we moved to the Lower East Catholic school. She was in a uniform. I actually did go to the disc. I was very dyslexic and ADHD, so I went to York Prep, which they called Dork Prep at the time. It was actually a favorite school. But I lived on the Lower East Side. So my mom was in like her punk bands, and.
Speaker 1: We had very different My mom was wearing like fur coats and for hats walking around which I still have her friend. I don't know what to do with them, but just walking around Madison Avenue and just with her little Yorky that she would walk and it was like and I was like miserable to get out of here.
Speaker 5: Hated it. It was not so funny.
Speaker 8: It was like it was from a macro standpoint, hearing it all just feels so sexy.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? But of course there's a tumult. There's a tumult.
Speaker 8: It's tumultuous and it's fucked up, but it just feels sexy.
Speaker 2: Almost like the Mafia in a sense. You know, it's it's hard, but it's just well.
Speaker 8: For me.
Speaker 5: When it got really could have been weird for me as a teenager, I started acting and that really saved my life because yeah, and I got to work with these incredible filmmakers, Like I graduated from high school and left the next day to roam to work with Berda Lucci on Stealing Beauty. But I was so cool because my mom, I was a tough cookie, even though I'm shy. She had really like armed me with the ability to suss out a situation and protect myself. So I always felt kind of safe. I had that little New York but I was in some pretty weird situations. And but I got to go and work with Jeremy Irons and all these amazing actors, and I was so cy.
Speaker 3: And the women when I was nineteen, and then we ran away together where and.
Speaker 2: Kate in the movie Oh None in real life.
Speaker 5: And Kates friends here was with us and we got Yeah, we got to in the movie. We we were like lovers. It's so funny. She's always like, why didn't we really we didn't even like we were sitting on this bench and we had to make out and we didn't really make out. We should have actually really make made out.
Speaker 8: You weren't you weren't comfortable with your femininity at that point.
Speaker 5: I just feel like it wasn't you were Kate, wasn't.
Speaker 3: Yes, only masculinity a more reason why I.
Speaker 5: Should have gone in for the kill.
Speaker 3: I know, it was really funny. Like looking back at it, it's sort of liked, that was such a wimpy kiss, like we should have actually, really, it was quite a sweet. Movie, was very movie was very.
Speaker 2: Like tongue it was.
Speaker 5: It was a sweet and we were like best news. So it was just sort of like the whole thing. Oh and Claire bow Is on the movie remember my little Pomanium Clare spoops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything is a spoop.
Speaker 5: I could talk about this forever mea what are you doing now?
Speaker 3: Like are you I know, your mom, mom, mommy, and but you're so creative, like so what do you do for that as an outlet?
Speaker 1: You know? I don't Okay, It's one of those things where I'm at in my mom journey. So I had a son he's seven, and my boyfriend and I now I was telling you guys before a little bit.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: His mother had custody of her great grandson who's five, and she passed away in October. So we got him in the will. He was bequeathed to my boyfriend, and so we have now since since October been on and off parenting him, but we since January are full on parents now to him. So my boyfriend went from being like single guy living but I've known him for seventeen years, so we've been friends for a long time. But he was single guy living by himself two a year later living with me and my son. And we have a five year old now, and so I am I was just at that point with a seven year old where I was having freedom. He could he could go wake up in the morning and go watch TV and make his own cereal. We get to sleep in, and so now we're right back at five. So we are right back in.
Speaker 5: So you are doing the hardest and best job in the world, which is you know.
Speaker 1: What, I love it. When they're gone, I'm like miserable. I'm like where are they? But I crave them to go. But then the minute they're gone, I'm like, yeah, oh yeah, I'm just a full time Bye.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, we've.
Speaker 1: Already decided that when those boys turn eighteen, we are getting a tour bus and we are going to go drive around the country and just be old and be that couple that's in a tour bus living life. But yeah, I'm I don't have any outlays.
Speaker 3: Love being on the bus. Yeah, I love being that. I'm happy doing that too, But.
Speaker 1: I'm in that phase right now where I have zero outlets for myself and it's okay. I've I'm forty six, and I realize now that life is about you know, we always want a partner like this is my equal, but it's not about being equal, it's about being able to carry the weight. So like right now, my partner isn't available mentally because he lost his mom and he's going through a lot of stuff. So I told him recently, I said, if you don't have anything to give right now, that's fine. I will carry one hundred percent right now because I'm really good at that. Like my love language is giving, and I'm like strangling to the boys. So but he's also he's good at balancing let him give to you, so right now he can't. And we've had that discussion and I and I said, it's perfectly fine right now that I'm carrying things because he's he's starting to come back around.
Speaker 2: You mean it's even just emotionally.
Speaker 1: Emotionally yeah, and just kind of. I mean, he's definitely there to help take care of the kids with me, but emotionally, yeah. So I think it's important that people understand that it's not about being fifty to fifty. It's like some days if you can be one hundred percent in the other person zero and being okay with that and discussing that. So that's right now, that's where I'm at.
Speaker 5: I'm amazing. It's really that's actually really hard for people to do. And I don't think I've ever been.
Speaker 8: Able to have to be really communicative to express that. Yeah, I'm about sixty.
Speaker 2: Five right now, you know what I mean, I need.
Speaker 1: But the secret there is having a good partner, because I have had shit partners in the past, and you have a great But I didn't care about myself until I had my son, right, and now my standards are like, and so my boyfriend, now, he's a great man. I know that he can handle things when the tables turned.
Speaker 5: That's so great. I think that way about relationships all the time. It's like the give and take.
Speaker 3: But also, really, what I'm hearing you say is like everyone's life experience is their own. We choose to be with our partner and we create this unit, but there's sort of this expectation that because you're in a unit, that means your life doesn't really exist outside of that unit. When it's so important to give people the freedom to have their own life experience, like a totally independent one of their partner.
Speaker 1: And figuring that out as a family is challenging, but you know what it's like. It's like when you do a puzzle and you get to the like you know the end, or you really figured it out, and you're like, oh my god, this is great. Like I love being in this chaos right now right it makes me feel like a really good mom because I love being a mom. I like my whole life. Everybody used to call me mom and Mia and I hated it, and then once I finally mom me, I was like, yeah I am, and I just I love it. So I feel like I'm in this little puzzle right now and I'm like holding everybody together and I'm really loving it. It's stressful. I have to fly to Mississippi tomorrow with two boys with a layover. Yeah, and because I have to fly with both of them, we have to fly you know, Southwest coach, which maybe that's on snobby, but like I like to fly in first class. But so like you know, I'm I'm I'm going on Southwest because we can all sit together in a row, and like we have a layover because there's no direct flights to Mississippi. So pray for me tomorrow. But like I just I'm.
Speaker 8: Looking forward to that kind of stuff because here's the thing, no matter if it's if it's an easy trip or if it's you just fucking do it. Yeah, Like that's the thing. You just do it and you you get through it.
Speaker 2: You just do.
Speaker 1: So when I land tomorrow at nine thirty, I'm going to feel like exhausted, but I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Be like, you know, yeah, so what now that you I mean only touched on the surface. I'd love to get into like all the other year the you know, the rest of it.
Speaker 5: But let's talk about our female women adults about our child. Who are you? Now, That's what I was going to say, Like who are you?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 3: How would you look back and you reflect on like what you came from, how you grew up, the sort of like wild tapestry that you both came from.
Speaker 5: Oh I like that wild I love it.
Speaker 3: Friends, So but but like what you know, what would you say that you took from your life that you still want to give your kids some of?
Speaker 5: And what is it or not? Or what is it that like you think is so different from how you grew up? To speak for all of us, but I shouldn't, but I would I observe as the alpha pub elder, we all saw our parents like really busy working and like potentially career was always sort of first. It was like there was a certain things that had to be accepted and maybe parenting not always first. And I would say that all four of us sibs, we've really prioritized parenting over anything at the detriment of relationships, relationships, career or whatever. So where we all four have children now two I have three, milose twenty sailor is am writer. I believe it so that was like our I would say, it's been something for all of us to reparent ourselves through having our children and potentially healing some of those wounds while celebrating the beautiful tapestry, as you say, of what we came from. And that's for sure be my journey. And throughout I've had sort of two I had Milo first, just for ten years, and then I had a whole other family with Sailor and Lula who were eight and ten now. So yeah, it's an interesting thing. And now I'm starting a business and trying to figure out how I can be home with them and not be on set in a way and traveling but fulfilling my drink and drinkings and goals and stuff. I've gotten them, I've gotten n I've got all the samples. I love that. I was exciting. But it's so fun to allow yourself to your life. Friday treats.
Speaker 9: Yeah, all live, all live, but it's so fun to explorers seek a live live Well, you can come in and do a collap I'll just come.
Speaker 5: Do a song for me because you singing your songs makes me so fucking happy all day from you singing one of your songs on the toilet. Oh my god, whatever his coffy songs, they're so good. That is this like an Instagram thing?
Speaker 1: He just starts started sing freestyles, just.
Speaker 2: Singing, Okay, I don't know, you could seak anything.
Speaker 1: And the singer, my little seven year old is going to be a huge singer. I can tell. He sings most of his songs on the toilet. Go in there and it doesn't He's just singing at the top of his lungs c spot.
Speaker 5: I realized that Ronnie has.
Speaker 3: Speaking of toilet talk, Ronnie has what I have, which is when I'm on the when I'm on the toilet, somehow the door always opens.
Speaker 5: And I was like, rider, are you I get I want to talk? I want I'm like, I'm like, this goes way back.
Speaker 3: Was like and I'm like, hey, Tati, did we ever call the like behind the door.
Speaker 8: When we were living we were kids, rooms right across from each other.
Speaker 5: Door into my room toilet and be like so like all he like, I'm like, what is go.
Speaker 3: Into Oliver's toilet and and like and like goss and gossip.
Speaker 5: But then but Ronnie, now Ronnie, I realized.
Speaker 3: She she's yeah, she says she was on the toilet every time she opens it, and she's like, Lisa hurt than Nanny. She's like, I feel like tomorrow I should wear the like She's just like you know, the blue flower bell about.
Speaker 5: Us, and I'm like, oh my god, Spoopy, can we talk to one second about you making your dream come true and singing and your album because my whole life that I've known you, that's been like You're always singing. We go over to the house and she has a microphone listened to me. Your version of Creep is the greatest thing I can't I can't sing Creep any other way than your but it's so beautiful. I'm so proud of I told you that.
Speaker 3: And it's really funny because there are only like a can full of people in my life that really know, like have like unders, like I've seen it how important that piece of my life is. And it goes back to like what you were saying about your Italian heritage, Like, honestly, I didn't know where that belonged to Oliver.
Speaker 5: His songs definitely didn't. It wasn't a clue. It wasn't a clue. No, I get it, I go. But like I always felt very alone in my like your music, in like.
Speaker 3: That crazy connection. I think, what's so great about this time too? We grew up Like here we are talking about our family and we're being obviously you know, is you want eloquent and elegant about how we talk about how we grew up because we don't ever want to, you know, offend anybody or hurt anybody's feelings, and those things can be sensitive. But like we're living in a time now where people feel much more open about being honest about where they come from and what that meant for them, how they reflect on it. And then as an artist you don't have to just be one thing anymore. You can go and have a creative idea that has nothing to do with acting, and you can go connect with nature and make something beautiful.
Speaker 5: And the hardest thing now is focus though, because we're all so distracted. Yeah, and you're already adhd to focus.
Speaker 2: Then something.
Speaker 5: I have I asked I've passed it on to my children, to particularly sailor and live. I asked the woman that they see, who's this incredible reading specialist, if she would test me because I've found I've found so many loopholes and ways of memorizing my lines and seeing things differently, and but I would love to know, like all my kids have like total diagnosis, and I want that. I love you guys so much.
Speaker 3: Let's do our last little thing that we do, which is we're going to do two questions.
Speaker 2: First, do you guys get to see each other alone?
Speaker 5: Not enough? It's so stupid because it is hard having this many kids.
Speaker 2: Where like, yeah, I know, I mean so how often a year we just saw each other.
Speaker 1: Sailor's birthday and you do birthday parties or like Thanksgiving, she does a big shindig, so we drive up. I love where she lives, so I'm always like, can I come up? Was like, we need to more so.
Speaker 5: Than the kids were up till like midnight, and it was and I am super relaxed, but I was like, this is too much.
Speaker 3: Spoopy is so relaxed that when I'm sometimes when we're like doing kids stuff together, she's so laid back and you're such a good strict mama. I am so these moments, but the kids are like jumping and running and things.
Speaker 5: And I was like, I can't discipline her kids. And then I'm like when I'm like, we went to see Taylor Swift. That was so cut Ronnie and Lula.
Speaker 3: But the thing is is for me then I'm sitting there, I'm like, I feel like my kids watch that and they're like, you're the worst.
Speaker 5: Know me about me? Very was your mom very strict with you or very so? And then I don't think my mom was strict with me, but I was a little bit scared of her. Yeah, my kids are definitely scared.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh god, Okay, here's the question.
Speaker 5: The first part of the question, the two part question. First part of the question is if there's something that you wish you had more of with your of your sister, like sort of something you would emulate. What would that be? And then the second part of the question would be something that you wish that you could alleviate from your sister that you know that we would be you know, make her life just easier or you.
Speaker 1: Know for me like live always knows, like the things like real estaps, the yeah, the real estate, the soaps, like every time she comes home for Christmas or something like I kind of like what's in there and it's like that nutrient gena rainbaths.
Speaker 5: So that's from dad. Oh but yeah, that's and I was like, remember that ga like body oil.
Speaker 1: She always knows all the stuff, like the foods and the products and the like just everything. So I'm always like as a mom and a younger sister, I'm always like watching like when you used to.
Speaker 5: But if I tell you you don't like it, you can reserve it. But if I tell her, she's kind of acted because she'll send these like.
Speaker 1: Group texts and it's like get these night lights. And so the first thing I do there straight to Amazon and I buy all the stuff or there was like spatulas, and I'm like, so she's always got like the she's always got the inn on, like the stuff that you know, like as a mom, you buy everything and then you realize nothing works and then like kids don't eat it. But she always just knows, and I wish I had that, So I just kind of like sit back. So every time I go to your house and like checking everything out. So that's like one of my favorite things about you as a mom, sister Mom, is that you just like you just kind of beast through being a mom. Like I know that you've had practice with like my own stuff, but like you just observe you know I would never know to find the nutrigen of greenbath. And I know you take came from Dad, but.
Speaker 5: Like everywhere I look and I like, I just collect, like, oh that smells good. That good, but it sounded good. I want to eat that.
Speaker 1: You have to buy children's shampoo, right, and you have to get like kids shampoo. But she one time she had know you had like pantine and I was like, oh right, Panteene two in one for kids. That's so smart. You just knock it out.
Speaker 10: And that was a game changer for the pante Lula has this like crazy curly hair and she always winds up in bed with me and the curls.
Speaker 5: It's so much hair. I'm like choking on it. But now I just sniffed pant there. But it's like I used to be a pante girl once, but now I have like I remember, I.
Speaker 1: Remember she's like on the trampoline.
Speaker 5: It is, so what would you alleviate for your sister?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, we've all been single moms and moms with partners and then single moms and stuff. So as a mom who's been a single mom and now I have a partner, and I know that you're single momming. I always my wish is to alleviate some of the weight that you carry with three children, because now having two, I know how insane it is.
Speaker 5: And I made to trust, trust, to love, trust, and just alleviate some trust.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Okay, are you dating?
Speaker 8: I don't, I mean no, no, no, Well let me talk to Aaron.
Speaker 2: Maybe we're going to do.
Speaker 5: Aaron's so cute. I've never dated. I don't think I've ever been on a date in my I can think of one person and I really didn't enjoy it. That's always been I wait for you, like Hi, I love you, we're together, like I.
Speaker 3: Just saw one of those of yours from like when I was in New York.
Speaker 1: That's my wish for you though, because like I went through like so many duds and just bad boys. I can change you.
Speaker 8: I can.
Speaker 1: And I have like the most amazing guy now that I manifested. And we were friends for seventeen years and I just never saw it. And then all of a sudden, one day I said, I was like, if I'm going to date again, you need to write me a ten thousand or a thousand word essay on how you won't waste my time, and.
Speaker 5: He did it, he wrote me, and I don't care if he.
Speaker 1: Wants your chat GBT, but he wrote me about how he won't waste my time, and he does not waste my time now, and so I wish my wish for you is and he's like a hot biker bearded thing, and I just and I want that for her. I want her to like have a man. That's just I told my I told him, I said, if you want me, you need to bonk me over the He had like a caveman and dragged me into your cave because that's the only way it's going to work. And I want you to get bunked over the head. And just I want you to that's just like a man.
Speaker 5: I feel like relationship I've been mine is older soon and I were twin an older man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to get heart like I still.
Speaker 5: I have like a love in my heart still and it just takes me a long time to I'm still, you.
Speaker 1: Need an older man to bonk you. So that's that's my manifestation for you.
Speaker 5: A long time for me to. It does like if I love someone, I love them so much and it's forever. I'm friends with every boyfriend.
Speaker 1: I'm not friends with any of them and I don't want to.
Speaker 3: But then, but then when it arrives you you shift pretty quick.
Speaker 5: Yes. I was like, right, okay, yeah, this is good. That sounds great. It'll come, it'll come. And what about you for your sisters? What was I was trying to.
Speaker 3: Remember the first question, what do you love that you had more of a time energetically energetic her of her personality, of who she is.
Speaker 5: I would say the first thing that jumped it was just time for us to know each other more because we met in such an abrupt way, and it was always like we're siblings and we're sisters. But we've never I don't think we've ever. We have never gone away just the two of us and had like a sleepover weekend because there's always Chelsea there, child there, and my dad there. It's hard for us to just be.
Speaker 1: Together those like my gosh, places you go to, you know, because I don't want a colonic but.
Speaker 2: Coffee.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 3: But what is it about her who she is that it's something that you wish the same thing.
Speaker 5: I could alleviate her power and her strength, but I wish that she could surrender to trust sometimes that like but that, but but I yeah, that that she's safe. We have a very safety and trust because it's that thing of it's not like if the person is going to leave, it's like when are you leaving? Because I.
Speaker 1: Abandonment issues and that's a whole other episode.
Speaker 5: I love you guys. I know we don't get to ask you any questions about your sippiness, but you guys talk.
Speaker 3: About it all the time, you know, yeah, yeah, our listeners know so much about your dad and oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, headline after headline.
Speaker 3: But I want you to talk a little bit before we go about what you're doing right now so people can get excited if you can talk about it.
Speaker 5: You haven't talked about it with anyone, but I totally can. You can, okay talk about it secret person. It's so funny. I just you know what it is. It's that thing of as an actor, you kind of don't you always feel like, oh, the movie might not come out, even if it's a huge lease, you don't talk about it too it comes out yet. So I relocated to this little mountain town, and I always had these dreams of I've always been such a homebody and kind of creating things at home, but my whole life, I've had these visions of like chickens and children and music and food. And so I started a business that's called Pink Mountain, and I've been working really hard to kind of trademark everything and have everything. But I have olive oil, and olives were growing dropping into my living room and I started making olive oil and my favorite day cute. I'm learning so much well in our Italian eness. Like everywhere I've gone my whole life, I bring all of I have to just cover everything and ali and salt or I'd rather not eat it. If I have to go somewhere and there's no olive oil, insult, I might not eat. But I also adopted all these pixie tangerine trees, which are a special thing of oh Hi. And so I did kind of a slightly crazy thing. I covid happened. We relocated to this town where Mila was going to school, and I let go of all my representation, all my agents and managers and yeah, for three years, not because of anything other than I decided that I wanted to allow myself to be able to think without influence from other people, because we're always so influenced. Like you'll read a script and then you'll have one thought and then they're convincing you of something else. And I thought, what what? After being thirteen and starting, I just was like wanted to know what it was like to exist in something that I could create that was one hundred percent my painting or what was coming from my soul in my mind. And so I kind of like cleared the space and then put a little team together to help me do that. And so I've been working towards that. It's been really fun pressing local. Yes, well that is a whole journey. This week we drove three hours away to the most incredible place and I met this like wild, amazing mad scientist man. It's really that part's really interesting is sort of studying. I love to study. I think that's my favorite thing about being an actor, is having not gone to college and maybe not having the best education. I love learning things and in such an intense kind of focused way. So I'm just enjoying nerding out on the passion of like farmer Live.
Speaker 1: I love Farmers Live.
Speaker 5: It's so fun. We have chicken and cats, and by the way, chickens are the best pets. The best themselves to sleep at night, and they give you one egg every day. They're so cute.
Speaker 3: I loved my chickens for a long time, and then one lasted like eleven years. It was like almost a decade.
Speaker 5: Was crazy. People were like, chickens don't last all. I'm like, well she did. She did. Very sweet. They're little dinosaurs. Yeah. Well, it's not as simple as it.
Speaker 2: So I'm not talking about the workload.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying nature working with you know, food and nourishment.
Speaker 5: I've learned a lot from that that when we moved from during COVID, why I called it Pink Mountain is the town I live and has this thing called the Pink Moment and every day the mountain turns pink for about three Yeah. But I had never grown up in the mountain, and there's something so powerful about whenever I was stressing out going through a lot of changes, and I would go outside and there was this like huge mountain, and it just put everything in such perspective that all my problems and we're going to come and go and the mountain's not going any We all.
Speaker 3: Feel about Colorado like growing up in Colorado.
Speaker 5: I think we all like weirdly just want to be there, but we're not, which is weird. And in the wisdom in the mountain, it's like thousands and thousands of years of it's just there. Yeah, and all these all these other things are going to come and go in the mountain's still going to be there. Well. I can't wait for all of this thing to start happening and for it to come out. And people are going to love it. I just know it.
Speaker 3: Because you're working so passionately with it, and like even just the way it looks, and you're I didn't.
Speaker 5: Even get to show you. I can't wait. I can't wait to show you more. Other than that, I've been sending Christmas. I didn't send you any for Christmas. Every Christmas, I've been sending marmalade and all of the oil. And I love you guys. You're so far, so much, so fine. Yeah, I