Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm time Keen with Paul Sweeney and Bloomberg's John Tucker.
Speaker 3: Amazon projected weaker then expected operating income again and trailing the sales growth of its cloud rivals. At this point, investors are searching for science the company's big investments in AI are going to pay off. Andy Jasey, the CEO, is engaged in an AI infrastructure arms race, of course with Microsoft and Alphabet. It does require a lot of heavy spending on data centers. Both of their rivals earlier reported strong earnings and said they're benefiting from the AI boom. Amazon spent a record thirty one point four billion dollars on capex in a quarter. That's up about about ninety percent from the same period a year earlier. And they have Amazon Web Services. This is the largest seller of rented computing power, gaining a little more than seventeen percent. Sounds good, you.
Speaker 1: See, I haven't seen anywhere.
Speaker 3: How did the boxes do I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Yesterday I saw three trucks, one on Madison, I think two on Third Avenue. The way the boxes come out of those trucks, I mean they're like dented, they're throwing those butt its heat.
Speaker 3: The inside is like so much packaging in there. I've never really had a problem with anything being damaged. Yeah, but it's just like the delivery person for Amazon getting your package undamaged to your front porch. That is not a high priority.
Speaker 1: I would love to say Shielda's David Letterman out of the street doing in peace with the drivers in ninety eight degree heat. Here from options continue to the next stock O wise one.
Speaker 3: Why don't we do? Apple recording its fastest quarterly revenue growth in more than three years, revenue rising nine point six percent. They also predicted fourth quarter revenue would be up by more than analyst estimates. Tin Cook was on the conference calls Well. He said, in his words, we saw on an acceleration of growth around the world in the vast majority of markets we track, including Greater China.
Speaker 1: Okay, but my question is to Mark Kerman, is okay they had a jignormous There's going to be terroriffts Let's buy an iPhone? Does that mean the next quarter's week? I hadn't seen that yet.
Speaker 3: Possibly. One of the highlights was also services. That was a bright spot topping projections. Services continued to be the company's biggest growth driver at Apple.
Speaker 1: Just huge, it's eighty one billion revenue.
Speaker 3: Now you want to finish with big oil?
Speaker 1: Oh please?
Speaker 3: Excell Mobile Chevron better than expended results are it's been off. It's over three dollars three yeah, but you know, okay, excellent, So fantastic production figures cushing the impact of the lower crude oil prices. Excellon actually pump more oil than it has in any second quarter since the mobile takeover. That was what a quarter of a century ago when they took over Mobile Chevron, lifting output to an all time high almost four million barrels a day. So all this production boom booming output in the Permium basin especially and elsewhere. The titans of the energy continue to surve pass at Wall Street expectation.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, bloom dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app. Mm hmm