Speaker 1: Yea, you.
Speaker 2: Don't want to ask your question?
Speaker 1: Real good, Let's just keep it real straight shot with no chasing. I'm gonna get a little bit rougher. I'm here for it. Those who really believed in the American process, all of us. Street Shot, no Chase with your girl Tenseling figure Out on the Black Effect Podcast Network network. We have everybody Tenseling figure out, Street Shot no Chase, the Black Podcast Network. On iHeart Radio, I am here joined with Jade Horal. Hello, Jade, how are you?
Speaker 2: Hey? Hey, I'm here.
Speaker 1: We are here.
Speaker 3: After the election, I'm still alive. You know, ain't that after the election inauguration you got there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, y'all thought as soon as it was, you know, gonna do the election happened that I guess you're saying you wasn't gonna make it. But no, we're still here. We're still alive. Like the ancestors have survived slavery, the ancestors have survived sharecropping, the ancestors have survived mass incarceration. Jim, you will be okay. You will be okay, But that does not mean does not mean that you do not have a responsibility to make sure you get involved, and we're going to get into that in a moment. I wanted to invite our family in our live audience in to listen to this if you want to be a part of the show, the live straight shot on Chase's Show. Definitely seeing an invite and we are happy to take your call and see your thoughts on this week. But let's get to a jade. Let's talk about Obviously, Trump was inaugurated this week. I want to kind of throw something out there because on social media a lot of you were saying, Oh, I can't believe you know that it was on Martin Luther King Day. Can't believe it was on Martin Luther King Day. They did it on purpose, It's a big conspiracy. I want to throw out a quick fact that it is always on January twentieth. It just happened to fall on Martin Luther King Day, and in bel on Martin Luther King Day for Clinton as well during his inauguration. So it wasn't some big conspiracy theory to put it on King Day. That's the way it traditionally is, and it just happens. It's very few times that it actually falls on a Monday. I think last year, the last inauguration President Biden. The twentieth fell on a Wednesday, so it is always the twentieth, and it just happened to fall on a Monday. So let's stop, you know, making up We don't have to make up conspiracies, guys, because there's enough foolishness that's happening in real time. We have enough I believe that's happening. Is this really true? Enough of that is happening that we don't even have to make it up, Jay, We really don't. We can really just deal with the facts. We don't have to come up with conspiracy theories. There's enough foolishness going on. So as we know, the immediately after the inauguration, a part of the inauguration program, which is what I was telling people about on my Instagram live, this was not your typical inauguration pro You had the not even close. You had the inauguration, you had the parade. You had him stopping in the middle of the parade if you will, I guess before right before the parade, signing executive orders, making us several speeches outside of his typical speech on the inauguration about policies that he was planning to implement. You had other folks that were getting up, you know, speaking as you see the Elon Musk, you know, those things that are trending, and then you had him going to the White House and furthering the conversation and also you know, signing executive orders. So, Jay, before we get into some of these executive orders, I want to direct everybody's attention to my Instagram to look at a video I posted this week just kind of explaining and I'm gonna explain that here today on why I am concerned of this new movement of I'm not I'm tapping out. You know, I'm not going to pay attention. I'm not gonna help Trump with the rating. They gonna fuck around and find out. I'm sitting back, you know, eating my popcorn. And I get all of that. I get the frustration. I get the idea that you think you're helping. You know that ratings is somehow plays a role into the presidency because Trump is an entertainer. So I get that, Jade, but that's gon't remind people you're not helping him be renewed for a season. This is not another season on Love and Hip Hop. If the ratings don't do well on inauguration day, somehow he won't be the president. This is the president of the United States. Over two hundred executive orders, two hundred two hundred executive orders were put in place. And if I were to ask most of the people who have major platforms on social media if they knew of ten, if they could really explain ten executive orders in detail, I'm not sure, Jade, everybody would know. Now I know my Instagram family, you know, they some of them appreciated what I had to say, and some of them say, you know, Tesla, I gotta take my breaks. I'm exhausted, can only consume so much, or I want to be able to catch the clips and watch it on the back end. Let me let you know one of the things that Trump did in case because I know y'all not paying attention, because y'all think y'all sticking it to Trump by not paying attention. One of the things that we just found out literally Trump invested I think it was it five hundred billion in AI, Yes, five hundred billion dollars in AI. He also one of the other things that he reversed, Jade was removing the protection if you will from the AI making sure Joe Biden put a policy in place to basically make sure to keep AI safe, to have some type of rule or you know, some guidelines to not people just being able to do whatever the hell they want to do. I don't know if you've been seeing those videos that they used Denzel Washington's voice or somebody else's voice on these relationships. Ye have you seen those?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird, I mean, and it really is laird as hell.
Speaker 1: It looks real, and they use these AI voices to make it seem like it's coming from So it's one that had cut pops up all the time in my feed of fifty cent, also Denzel Washington. And although the messages are great, they're not coming from these people. But there are people in our society, particularly mental illnesses. Y'all keep talking about mental health, mental health, mental health. There are people that really struggle with mental illness, Guys that really believe that this is Denzel our fifty cent, and those things can be manipulated. So when you guys are talking about I'll just catch it on the clip. I'll just watch it later. I'll just see what they're circulating. I want to remind you that catching it on the clip may not be the clip.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is true, it may.
Speaker 1: Not be the clip. So real time involvement is important because if LA was not paying attention in real time, Jay, how would they have known to evacuate the premises in real time? They wouldn't have never known. So paying attention, you're not sticking it to anybody. Oh, all he cared about is ratings, all this or that this man is the president. You need, if nothing else, be able to know what is happening so that you can try to protect yourself. And I know there is this thing out here, Jade of it ain't nothing I can do about it. What can we do about it? Well, you can get involved in the local and state level. Right now, I believe there's over twenty two. I believe you can put it up as I'm talking, Jay, because I know we've looked at that information. I think twenty two state attorneys who are now suing President Trump based upon the in birth rights citizenship. So there are ways there.
Speaker 3: Are twenty two, yes, states attorneys. Well, that includes at least twenty states, twenty states up to this point, and two cities that are suing for the birth right citizenship.
Speaker 2: So yes, the state's attorneys are involved.
Speaker 3: But that just goes to show how important elected office is and having the right people in office to represent you and your interests.
Speaker 1: Yeah, specifically state attorney. Let's let's talk about that while we're there. Why state attorney was so important? Marylyn Moseley, who was the former state attorney from Maryland, they begged and begged and begged on hands and knees to pardon her, and Joe Biden said, get somebody else to do it. So again, and Maryln Moses believes her position is because she was a state attorney that fought for social justice and the Freddie Gray matter and all of that. She believes she was targeted. So again, state attorneys are important?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Why are state attorneys important? Keith Ellison was a state attorney the George Floyd matter, the Derek Shavin case. Had Keith Ellison not been the state attorney, he would have I don't believe that that case would have been a conviction because he went outside of his hometown and brought in legal experts and attorneys and everybody else to actually prosecute that case. He brought in a special attorney to prosecute their case. So state attorneys are important. And this is why, guys, you have to pay attention to what's going on or it's going to be knocking at your doorstep whether you like it or not. Not watching Instagram, it's not going to make a difference of these policies changing. Going in the comments saying what do y'all want from the store, and somebody else saying this imaginary store that y'all keep going to, and somebody else, oh, give me some cookies, and as if this person really can get you something. I know y'all think it's clever. Hey, hey, wait, can you explain that for me? I don't know if I've seen that.
Speaker 3: You haven't seen that, Jay, No, it's just the thing because I'm not usually over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you love being in the Twitter world. Well on Instagram. When somebody makes a post that they don't like or they're not interested in, somebody hall going to comments and say, anyway, what do y'all want from the store? You know, what do y'all? What do y'all? I'm going to seven or eleven, do anybody want something? Or they'll say I'm going to Starbucks, Do anybody want something? And then one hundred and fifty people to comment under that give me back a lot, takee Grande light on the whip, getting me this, get me that they really think they sticking it to that number one. Guys, if you are trying to prove a point to the poster of saying why did you post that? Can I do it with my Joe Biden whisper, you are still engaging when you go ask what somebody want from the store. So, if you're trying to prove a point of I'm gonna show the poster that I don't like this content, you are still helping them by engaging on the post by asking what do you want from this imaginary store? So, guys, we got to get out of this. I'm just gonna go ahead and they let's get out this silly shit and let's start really focusing on what is happening in this country this I'm gonna get a passport, I'm gonna get dual citizenship. Knock it off. You were here, you were born here, Your accessors fight for you to be here. You need to figure out how to get involved the local and state level. I've been giving you tools and tips every pot every episode of what you can do to protect yourself. But if you just don't want to fight, just say that, but don't try to convince other people. Oh I'm so exhausted. Oh I gotta protect my mental health. Oh I did, so I did. The ancestors would never. Ain't nobody stringing you up by no trees. Ain't nobody telling you can't drink O, got no water fountain. Ain't nobody giving you one hundred and fifty lashes and nobody. You ain't went through nothing, and the ancestors went through exactly through nothing. The ancestors went through. So this exhaustion and this I need to be in bubble wrap twenty four hours a day, But you got all day to consume foolishness on Instagram, comedy skits, relationship fifty to fifty, who gonna be fifty to fifty? Who ain't gonna be fifty to fifty? Of reality? You got time to do all of that, But somehow you don't have time to at least swipe one or two things that actually will affect your daily life. Knock it off. I'm not going for it, Jade. I don't want to hear it. Somebody My comments with tend and that's why you fighting for us. I guess that was supposed to make me feel good. No, you want me to do all the work is basically what you're saying. And when you guys come in my comments with that, oh, exactly, pop the balloon, that's another y'all got time to watch pop the balloon. You got time to watch cop And when people come in my comments and say, y'all, y'all just need to take a break of mental break, and then five people come under that's right, mental break, MEMBERK. They were waiting on you to give them the okay for them to sit down. It's just like Thanksgiving when you go to somebody's house on Thanksgiving and you know how y'all do it. Y'all pretend to act like you just to clean up. Come on, Jay, we know how they do it. Remember you be like, oh, you need some help, and you waiting on them to say, oh, don't worry about it, Jay, have a cej exactly, be like, oh for real, you sure? But then you notice you sit your ass down. I noticed you ain't running nobody over the hell clean up them, wash them dishes, okay, because you were just waiting on Oh you're just waiting on your aunt to say, I got a girl. Don't worry about it. You sure you got it, steady sitting down, crossing your legs. So a lot of y'all are just looking for excuses and confirmation to say, oh, Jay, don't.
Speaker 2: Worry about it.
Speaker 1: Take your mental health grace. You need.
Speaker 2: Its exhausting.
Speaker 1: While you sleep. They up while you're not working. They working while you're not paying attention. They paying attention. If nothing else, you need to know what's literally going to affect you in real time. This man set up at the at the at the disk all day long and then there all night, signing executive orders.
Speaker 3: As if as if it was an NBA draft, as because if it was a draft, with the entire spectacle that was made of this. Usually presidents they moved the presidential inaugural parade from outside because of the weather conditions in DC, to inside of the Capitol Arena on the day of inauguration on and Trump had a table and some pins and executive orders right there, And as soon as the marchings band marching bands finished marching blessed, he went over and started signing the Mississippi Valley Yeah shout out to Mississippi Valley. They definitely did their thing. They are a wonderful band. It was over one hundred of them. They did a wonderful job, and they right after they performed, Trump went right over and started signing executive orders.
Speaker 2: And he made it known he had.
Speaker 3: His assistant or chief of staff read off each executive order that he was signing right there in exactly what that executive order was to do, and then went back to the Oval Office and signed more executive orders in the presence of the press. So he literally had a press conference teslien in the Oval Office after a long day of inaugural events and took questions from reporters, rapid fire questions as he signed more executive orders.
Speaker 2: So over two hundred executive orders were.
Speaker 3: Signed on day one, within hours of President Trump being reinaugurated. In addition to that, we learned today or this week that over I think the number was three hundred and eight illegal immigrants or now in the government is saying revert back to the language of illegal alien that is her a director from Trump.
Speaker 2: We can talk about that too.
Speaker 3: But eight pole were deported that day on day okay, So before we get into the into the and thank you Jay for that shut out to Shanda comments and buildings saying, you know, I'll pulled a card.
Speaker 1: She was definitely disengaged. Somebody else asking was the arena full? It don't matter if one person was in the arena. Did you hear what I said? I said, two hundred executive orders for a sign Jaye two hundred? So what are we talking about? Arenas? And then another thing, y'all talking about Instagram. I'm just gonna just lay a bunch of stuff out. Ooh, y'all now everybody, oh man, they okay. Let me also give you another myth that they got y'all in hysteria about if you already were following the president or the vice president, you're still following the president and the vice president on Instagram and Twitter, just so you know, hey.
Speaker 2: Got you. Yeah, we're saying that they mysteriously woke up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and maybe they Maybe they did. I don't know, maybe they did, but I but I do want you to know maybe there is some mysterious thing going on in the background. Maybe they did, But I do want you to know that if you're following the office somebody, say, the office the President of the United States, no matter who's in that office, you're still following the office. Just so we're clear, if you follow the vice president, you're still following. If you're following the president, you're still following. Now, maybe they did go in and play some games. I get, I guess, But can I give you some breaking news, jay? Or why even why are we even talking? Who gives a damn what they are not doing policy based on who I see? Again? So much people put so much stock into this damn social media that they actually think following mean something I saw apposed to that who they done did this?
Speaker 2: Y'all?
Speaker 1: Buckle up, oh y'all, it's getting real now. It got real yesterday with the two hundred executive orders. Instagram didn't make it. You following somebody on Twitter and Instagram didn't make it more real than what it was. It's already getting real. You already were supposed to buckle up. You already fucked around and found out. Even if you didn't fuck around, you found you found out yesterday. If you did not find out, it means because you weren't paying attention and the clips and the news articles. Just so you guys don't know, they only took a fraction of those, and y'all can miss me with this. I went to the website and looked it up. First of all, me and Jay know you lying because me and Jay was watching it in real time all day and they were putting it up in real time throughout the day and throughout the evening. So don't come lining to the teacher and say, well, I looked at it there, y'aw you look at it Jay, when we was looking at it all through the night.
Speaker 2: All night long into the morning and then.
Speaker 1: All of this. Do you think now do you think I believe they was looking at it all through the night. Some people, man, oh, Tessling, don't get up, don't jump on my cap. Gary, you better leader a dog ate my homework. Foolishness at home. I ain't buying the jade. You didn't go back and look at no website and read through it and do all of that. You just did not like me convicting you, or you don't want to keep it real like Shonda and say, you know what, I was disengaged, but now I gotta get back in the game. Just keep it real like Shonda. Don't sit in here and play no games. Mean by no how you win and looked it up later, and all that you could have looked at up later because it wasn't all the way completed and they're still uploading right now as we speak.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: And all the clicks that y'all allegedly watched, it was only a few of those jays, the top ones. It wasn't every single executive every single executive order, every single action.
Speaker 2: This is correct.
Speaker 3: This is a twenty four hour initiative in terms of keeping up with everything that's happening, especially with this new administration. So even when you think consumed some information, is never enough information because things are breaking and new things are happening all the time.
Speaker 1: Literally all the time. And I get it. I'm not asking people, Jay to watch all the time. I'm not watching. I'm not expecting you to all of a sudden say, hey, I'm want to be the chieflyitical correspondent for my home and I'm gonna watch. I'm not asking you to do that, Jay. What I'm saying is, I want this PR campaign of disengagement to stop. And it's coming from a lot of from people that have bigger platforms to me. I want the PR campaign of well I'm just hey, this is what they voted for. We know this is what they voted for.
Speaker 3: Jay.
Speaker 1: They wanted this. You're not showing anybody any They wanted this, Lily. The Hispanics saw some videos today. Did the Hispanics know he at the border? Yes, the legal Hispanics that voted for the illegal Hispanics, they wanted this. Guys, I broke all this down to you on a social media Yeah. But they gonna be hurt too, right, But our community's gonna be hurt first, not as far as immigration is concerned. But you know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about on any of these policies when it because sick, we get a cold. I don't know why you guys think that somehow, because you did not vote for Trump, you don't support Trump, that you're gonna be exempt from the same laws. If the tariffs raise up the cost of goods, you too, Jay, will have to pay for the cost of goods. It's not gonna be you in the line at the grocery store and the person in front of you, Hey, did you vote for Trump? Oh okay, your total is Fuck around and find out, oh, Jay, your total is this? No, everybody has the same total. So you are going to find out even if you fucked around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Eden, if you messed around, didn't vote for Trump, and you work for the government, the federal government, you will have to report to work in person.
Speaker 2: Whether you like it or not. There's something.
Speaker 1: Let me give some of the distinction on that, because my friend worse the federal government. I know you feel a way, but he wants everybody knows that. The policy also said that it is up to the office discretion, meaning actual department discretion, and it doesn't apply to contractors. A lot of contractors who work with the federal government. So there is some gray area in that. But the point is jay gray areas. I just want to so you guys understand. Gray areas might be gray now, but they can become crystal clear, black and white as we move forward. Absolutely, I'm saying. Let me give you a real time example. Remember when smoking, you can smoke anywhere, any restaurant, any whatever. Remember how I went from smoking in the restaurant to then it went from you can smoke outside. Then it went from you can't smoke, but twenty five feet in front of the location was the restaurant, hospital or whatever? Then it went to no smoking at all on the whole block. So and I'm being facetious when I say that, but no smoking at all anywhere.
Speaker 2: These laws.
Speaker 1: They put these things out to test the water, to go up, to go a little bit further, to push a little bit further. So although now you're able to say, oh, well that really don't apply to me, because this or this or that, it will be moving towards you to apply to you. So if you are doing nothing to stop it now, like contacting your state attorney, because remember Republicans laws, state laws. Remember everything's about state laws. So getting involved with your state rep. Not Congress, your state rep. Your state senator, not your US senator, not your US Congress, but your state senator, your state rep. Your mayors, and your commissioners, you literally can create your own America in your city. It's very very important, Jade, that people understand this federal law in the for the most part, Trump's everything, but not really, Jade, not in all. I'll give you an example, real time example February off minimum wage. What I think it's seven twenty five, you know the minimum wage. But there's been some cities think Orlando did it at one point. But some cities that say, because we pulled that, so we can we consume so much information. Some cities that say the minimum wage for the city of Orlando or the city of Atlanta will be fifteen dollars an hour, meaning their govern employee. They can't tell you what private employers to do, but they can they can set the mandate for their city. And what typically happens with that is if the City of Atlanta employs one hundred thousand people for the city and they say that the minimum wage is fifteen dollars an hour, private businesses tend to tend to not guarantee, tend to follow that in order to remain competitive. Absolutely remain competitive.
Speaker 3: Yes, and the federal minimum wagees you cite as of twenty twenty four is seven dollars and twenty five cents per hour.
Speaker 1: So I hope people are find and these little tidbits are helpful Jay, because a lot of people they are hopeless. I don't know what to do, what do I do next? Please make sure you always stay tapped into the podcast. It's so much information. Stay tapped in on my Instagram live. I go live all of the time. Sometime three or four times a day where I'm constantly trying to give you information because these are the kind of things that I want you to know where to find your hope. But I also want you to find your faith, your works, your hope, all of that. It's not about just sitting back being hopeful. This is why I relocated to Atlanta so I can be in a I want to be in a city that is like South full ten ninety six percent black, with my black mayor, with my black network, with my black podcast network, with my black self, so I can push black issues because that's what's comfortable to me. I'm not saying everybody need to relocate to Atlanta. It's not what I'm saying. I'm sure Atlanta people wi tell you to stay where you are because they're full. But my point is getting involved in your local you know, your local area does make a difference. Getting involved, having access to your mayor, the Director of Constituent Services popped in on my Live earlier today. Those things make a difference. Those things make a difference. And so with that said, I do want to mention we I am excited about the Teslim figure Row town hall tour that is coming up. The first one will be March thirtieth in Atlanta at my brother Killer Mike's restaurant, bak Head Seafood. The town Hall. Yes, it's gonna be lit. The town hall will includese. You know, I got to galvanize people around having a good time. That's just what it is. So the town Hall will have some type of special performance, whether that's a comedian or band or something just to enjoy. Give you some free shots because this is straight shot, no chaser, you know, have some conversation, really organize who in this city is ready to get busy, and come back to my training for the Push the Line training so I can train you on these things on being candidates, organizers, and operators, because Jay, I'm not gonna sit back and say everybody else what they're doing, what they're doing. No we as you know, Jay, I've been trying to get Push the Line back out here. We did a couple of years ago in Atlanta, and I've been trying to figure out a way to get it back on the road. And this is the way we can do it by mixing it in with some type of social something so people can gather and we can break bread together and know who we are and then bring those same folks back and get our training going. So I'm very excited about that. Two days are already locked in Atlanta and then Houston, so I'm very excited about that. So before we close the show, before we close the show, explain to the people the de a couple of these things. We don't have much time, but I just want to explain. I want you to explain just a couple of things on the DEI programs, because, guys, one thing that you guys keep talking about, there's a misconception of this it only held white people. Somebody said that in my comments earlier. Oh, this is not about just hiring people on Firmative Action, guys. D EI programs funded many, many, many, many jay black businesses and organizations, and it made other organizations sports their hand because they damn show don't want to do it, like you saw with Walmart, with Walmart saying we no longer have to adhere to diversity, which means we no longer have to adhere to black vendors who say they want a piece of the pot. Absolutely, So I don't know where people are getting this information with this This is about I don't know maybe y'all hearing that and some of these little fake political commentators that be out that running their damn mouth.
Speaker 2: That it is.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's the thing they're not speculating on social media.
Speaker 2: So there.
Speaker 3: But again, when you receive your information thirdhand, as opposed to going to the source of doing the research for yourself and or watching the news, then it's easy to get mixed up. So President Trump is, is you, Well, he signed executive and executive order ending all DEI programs. So let's just be clear of what DEI stands for. These are all diversity, equity and inclusion programs within the federal government. So these orders recind a range of previous initiatives that were designed to promote diversity across federal agencies and to also mandate the funding, like to stop the funding for all of those programs.
Speaker 1: Okay, now let me tap in here because I want to make sure that people understand this. Remember just a moment ago, I said when a city decides to change their minimum wage, most private businesses follow. She got to follow this very closely. Although this is saying federal DEI programs. Jay, do you remember when Walmart made the announcement that they're no longer following d DEI programs. Remember, yes, if it was about a couple of months ago, a few others, I just remember Walmart really sticking out. Walmart is not a federal program. It's not a federal agency, if you will, but Walmart by them having diversity and equity programs. This is why I want y'all to know who understand this when these companies say we want federal tax breaks or federal resources or grants or any type of benefit for hiring underdiversity, equity and inclusion, which by the way, is not just about race, it's about those are disabled. Many many things follow under this, guys. So when they say yeah, when they say, oh, we don't have to worry about getting that tax credit anymore, we don't have to wear about getting that grant anymore. Or it may not even be for.
Speaker 2: A tax credit or grant.
Speaker 1: It may just be because they just want to be a good steward and make sure they align themselves with what everybody else is doing in order to remain competitive. If any of you ever remember if you go to a job and they'll say, you know, we participate in diversity and equity and clinics. You know how you always at the end, you know, mark off if you're black, woman, veteran, disabled, all of that because they want to show, hey, we are we take pride in you know, hiring everybody from across the board. We also want it. It's always voluntary for you to fill it out. I always tell people to fill it out because they want to be able to basically have a good report card that they're doing the right thing, that they're hiring the right people. That same report report card goes guys too when they also are trying to get contracts, you know, when they want to go to the City of Orlando and get a contract to provide all of the food service, all of that A part of those bids. I know, I had a contract at Orlando, the City of Orlando. I was a staffing firm City of Orlando for three years at the Amway Center. A part of that is being able to say, well, how do you partner with other diversity, other diverse groups. Is it just you Spirrion getting all the money or do you share some of that with a black owned firm or a woman owned firmed, or a diversity or whatever you want to call it. But for people who are just talking and saying that only help white people, they literally don't know what they're talking about.
Speaker 3: Again about it's really sad because at the end of those forums, you know, when you even apply for a job, it would say we are an equal opportunity employer, And so those numbers and metrics that you're talking about will go to prove, you know, how many applicants are people they hire that fall within that bracket or you know, that benefit from these DEI programs, so that companies in the government can provide equal opportunities for housing, equal opportunities for employment, et cetera, in different programs.
Speaker 1: And let me give another real time example, because receints are important, real time example, so you can all not just pulling this up out of my ass because most of the people you're listening to on a lot of these YouTube that have never did this type of work, so they really truly don't know what they're talking about. Real time example, the ally group, my staff and firm, we got some people say you should just get it based on merit. I did get the contract based on marriag jaan't want to be clear. I went and partnered with Spirrion, who was the third largest stabbing firm in the world, because I had already worked for the first and the fifth largest stabbing firm in the world, A Dento and Robert Have, so I had the experience to get the contract. I got the contract before I got certified as a minority owned business, as a woman owned business, as a veteran on business. I got the contract, let me say it again, based upon marriage. Yes, but I'd later applied for those certifications with the State of Florida and the City of Orlando because I knew that it would keep me more competitive, because it made Spirrion look good to know that they could check those boxes. I am not a white woman. Now you may say, well, TESLM, that just benefited you. Let's go deeper into the word. Because I was the boss, I was able to hire people that otherwise would not have been hired. In fact, Spirrion once asked me, Hey, can you just show us all your applications and everybody, and I said, no, we're not going to do that. You know why I didn't do that, Jay, I was hiring people on probation. I was hiring people with criminal backgrounds. I was hiring people with who lived in shelters. I didn't want these people our business excellent because I knew that if they hired. I knew that if THEO Johnson, who always talks about this story publicly, if he had applied to work at the City of Orlando, they never wouldn't hired THEO Johnson because of his background. I wanted to give THEO Johnson an opportunity, and because I was the boss, I got to do that. And because of those DEI programs that y'all say don't benefit nobody. You literally don't know what you're talking about. I was able to hire one hundred and fifty people around the clock, three hundred on my payroll, one hundred and fifty people working every night from every background, and a lot of those people were people that Spurrion would have never hired.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And to go further, so you guys can have real receipts. If you go google Teszlin figure ro assists the bench, you'll see the real article, the real news story. At that time, when I challenged the NBA for being when they had their lockout in two thousand and I went to the City of Orlando and said, we got to figure out a way to still employed, to give these people the least a meal or vouchers, to not to be able to pay their bills. How they're going to do that? And I remember making the choice. This is why when I been hearing people talking about they got the choice, they didn't have no choice. I don't blame them. I don't want to be hearing the jay because I've had to make some tough choices too. And I remember the NBA when we had the NBA All Start. I remembered it so well. This is how bad Spiron wanted to know because they knew I had people with feelings working for me. They knew that, but we worked so flawlessly. They could never get us on anything on our quality. But they knew it, and they tried it when it was time to work for the NBA. Because the NBA want to run everybody through betting for the All Star. They want everybody, they want everybody's background. They want to know who working for you, not working for you. I remember that very clear, was like tesling, we know you knowing it, don't tell us who's working for you. You know they knew my employees, but I just didn't share their employee information. They said, but if you want to do the NBA All Star contract, then we need to know all your employees. Try Robbie Nice, Try Robbie that was his name. Not happening. What I think was, I went and got a side deal with the NBA myself. Love it, got a side deal with the NBA myself. The NBA tried it. They tried to pay less than what they they just left Houston. No, y'all pay Hugh They cause, guys, if you ain't never been in these business room, they don't know what they're talking about. But you know I'm giving y'all real time is I'm not bragging. I'm over telling you how it works. The NBA tried it. They said, well, uh, because at the time, minimum wage was seven twenty fives, just like it is now. This is twenty eleven. Guys, they said, well, we're gonna pay your staff seven twenty five. I said, but why would you do that when you paid Houston ten dollars an hour? Well that was Houston, Houston. No, but you're gonna pay because it was Houston. You for pay then what you pay in Houston, just because it's a seven twenty five here don't mean they can't make an extra three dollars. So I went and negotiated a deal directly with the NBA. The NBA, by the way, the reason why you know why, I'm pretty sure I got the contract Dee DEI programs wanting to make sure that the NBA was partnering with minority firms, and because I was certified, I didn't want to go with my regular contract was fery on. I went and got a deal directly with the NBA to do the We did the events that were not in the arena. So we did Magic Johnson, had a dinner, several other little events that was going on outside of that that did not require the security clearance.
Speaker 2: Okay, So those are the things.
Speaker 1: That these non employers who just be talking and feeding y'all information don't know if they're talking about I'm not saying that to boast Jade. I'm saying there is information that you guys just need to know that you need to know, and if you are not tapped in and if you're just sitting back and eating popcorn and watching, these are the things that are that you need to know so that you can know how to navigate policy in your City tell us quickly about the inverse right citizenship.
Speaker 2: Birthright citizenship.
Speaker 3: According to the Trump administration, President Trump signed an executive order that terminated birthright citizenship, which altered a constitutional provision since the fourteenth Amendment of Ratification in eighteen sixty eight. So this change that he made targets approximately one point three million US born adults living with undocumented immigrant parents. And we got those numbers from the Pew Research Center. So basically, the birthright Citizenship says that this executive order, they're ending the H one B visus and just saying that if your children, if you are undocumented and you have children in the United States, your child is no longer automatically a US citizen.
Speaker 1: Now, I want to do this. I want to give this quickly on behalf of the good sister Abney K Williams Holding Court podcasts. This is very important, guys, because right now, the way it's written, right now, what Trump is saying right now, it's about Jamal and your Paul. But attorneys and jurists, people that actually study the law, they are concerned about this because they know that this is a slippery slope. Now I'm not telling you you gotta be concerned. Don't sit up and tell me what tells you must be advocating for the immigrants. I'm giving you the information. Do what it is what you will. The fourteenth Amendment that also made the descendants of slaves actual citizens because they said you're not citizens. This is what attorneys who study the law are concerned about. When you look at how this can possibly be a slippery slope and change. You remember how a moment ago when I talked about those gray areas that eventually become black and white. So attorneys and people who are concerned about this, who are not just talking about first generation second generation immigrants, There are people who are concerned about this being rolled back all the way to anybody that comes from ancestors who were not born in this country. So right now you're like, oh, I'm cool. My mama and my daddy was born here, my grandparents are born here, my great great grandparents. I can go back to my lineage one hundred years da da dah. I just want you to know where the legal community is standing on this. The legal community is saying they're keeping an eye on this because of the possibility of it becoming something more than what it is. So I just want to give you all that information. Do with it you will.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is correct, and just really quickly, I want to clarify something. So the order denied citizenship to children who are born in the US if they have parents on temporary visas such as tourist visas, student visus, or H one B work visus, or if one parent is a non US citizen. This does not state that they're going to and the H one B work visus. However, that is a conversation that we probably need to follow up on when we have more information, because there is discourse politically about ending H one B visus for work for workers who are coming from abroad or whether those will be limited.
Speaker 1: In mm hm. So I wanted to give that just want to have my good girlfriend because she was you know, we were talking about that today. Keep an eye on that. We also what the name of the new the re the re affirmation of the binary gender recognition. What is the actual name of that, Jade, Because I know I sent it to you.
Speaker 3: Earlier amongst so many other things and so many other things bought up, but it's.
Speaker 1: Just it's the name of it is very interesting because it's talking about basically women. Let's why while you're looking at us.
Speaker 3: It's defending women from gender ideology extremism and restoring biological truth to the federal government.
Speaker 1: So say that again. So you said it very fast. The name of the actual executive order is.
Speaker 3: Defending women from gender ideology extremism and restoring biological truth to the federal governments.
Speaker 1: Very interesting title. So this thing of this particular executive order is saying there will be no more of this. You know how you get emails of him he you know six gender. All of that again, according to the federal government, doesn't mean that in your workplace, in your workplace that there still will not be recognition of different genders. And people want to have all gender bathrooms in their workplace, in the club, in the restaurant, they still have the right to do it. This is about of federal and federal documents like passports, visas, government IDs, all of that. So we're just government IDs. So we're gonna see how that again. Remember we talked about state. Remember we talk about state rights. So I'm gonna we're gonna pay attention to see how that works. Your state, your state decides you live in the state of Georgia. How that's gonna follow on your driver's license. So again, we're talking about federal, we're talking about state. It's a lot of information, guys, to conson. We can't go through it all in one night. That's why when somebody telling me I paid attention, I saw it all, you couldn't have possibly saw it all because it is literally too much to conson. Literally. I hope you guys stay tapped in to the Black Effect podcast Network. I drop content every Thursday. Please share it. If you have been following me for years and you're still saying, tell them you need a show, they tell me you read it. Don't follow me because I literally have had a podcast on the Black Peg podcast Network on our heart. You can get it anywhere that you subscribe to your podcast content light clockwork every Thursday, I do not miss I'm going into my fifth year with Black Effects over two hundred and fifty episodes. Jay, I have given information only on politics in our community, never moving outside of that. You guys know, if you follow me, I throw in some relationship talk. You know, I have some fun, but I only talk about one thing. I'm not all over the place, so at least have me in your podcast follow list just to look at the title. Just click and follow and subscribe. You already told me y'all need breaks and mental health and rest and all that. I get it. But at least if nothing else, click follow guys, so you can look at the title and be able to say, Okay, is this something that I need to know about? Because the people that are working against you, Just so you know, they listen to am radio. Turn on your AM station. You know how y'all say, don't nobody listen to radio, Well they actually do. They actually do. All of the am talk radio stations are conservative. All of them. I don't want to say oh because I want to do absolutely, but the majority of them, Jade are conservative. They listen on their commute in After that they listen to their podcasts and their earphones. They not scrolling and looking at videos and comedy and all of that. They listen in their ear Then after that they go home and they watch Fox News for the rest of the evening. Then between all of that they go to Truth Social. Because Trump didn't wait on Twitter to give him his remember how he got off Twitter, they put them off to Elon Musk got it tweet Trump said I'll go start my own Twitter, So they're getting their information from Trump Social all day. Now Facebook can say, you know what, let everybody say what they want to say. No more fact checking, elon ball Twitter, don't worry about it. We'll call it X and let everybody say what they want to say. So they are in a twenty four hour digital discipline of consuming, consuming, consuming, consuming. Ain't nobody saying they exhausted. Ain't nobody saying they need a mental breade. Ain't nobody saying this too much information? And that is exactly why. Right now Trump has the House and the Senate and the presidency, who he could have pushed a lot of stuff through Congress. No, he said I'm gonna do it day one executive orders, and y'all ain't got to like it. But he's doing exactly what he told his base he was gonna do. So if you you want to know how to get your elected officials to do exactly what the hell you tell them to do, I suggest you get involved in the process. Thank you so much, Jay for being for tapping in with me again. Straight shot No Chaser, guys, subscribe wherever you get your podcasts on iHeartRadio, the Black Effect Podcast Network. We'll see you next week. Peace. If you like what you heard on Straight Shot No Chaser, please subscribe and drop a five star review and tell a friend. Straight Shot No Chaser is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network in iHeartRadio on Tiling figure out, and I like to thank our producer editor Mixer Dwayne Cruffer and our executive producer Charlotte Magne to God. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.