Speaker 1: It's nine O gene onegine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling. This episode is called Breast Side Up. I wanted it to be more like mysterious, but it's so literal because it seemsgiving. Is that a turkey's breast?
Speaker 2: You think they chuckled when they wrote that title for how they're like.
Speaker 3: You also had no idea that was a thing, like, I have.
Speaker 1: No Jessica wrote this though, well she was breast side up? Yeah, how do you cook your turkey?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: Oh, you don't cook the turkey tour. The whole thing goes in. Yeah, but is the breast on the top or is it on the bottom when you put it in the oven?
Speaker 2: It's I don't know, it's on the top. It's on the top, Okay, is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I like to cook your breast side down, so it's like this, like, yes, there's a little feet are up in the air.
Speaker 4: Oh that's upside down to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's usually the way it is. But my mom taught me to do it that way because then the breasts absorb all the juices.
Speaker 5: And then we get moisty juice. Here, you can say that we go to the country club. You are so bougie.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think I've done it. I've never done it.
Speaker 3: I have no idea. No, not to stop turkey talk. But yeah, I love this episode, love really love, And I think I know why. I think I'm gonna blow your minds with why.
Speaker 2: Oh I think I know what you're gonna say.
Speaker 1: I think I do too. But are you gonna tell us now?
Speaker 2: Yep, what I'll tell you. You can't tease us and not tell us.
Speaker 1: I think that's the whole point of a tease. Pease. Okay, I can't wait to find out. We'll be right back. iHeart podcasts. Listen on the iHeartRadio app. That is exciting. Amy, Are you going to tell us now or do we have to wait longer?
Speaker 3: Should opsis? And then I will tell you?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, are too many rules today?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: This is Season six, Episode twelve, Barrest Setup air November twenty second, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: It synopsis. Donna is ready to score a touchdown, but Joe confesses he's not into pregaming before marriage. Meanwhile, Valerie tries to quarterback Thanksgiving but fumbles in front of David's mom. Real life quarterback Steve Young saves the day with a cameo. Brandon and Kelly are on brink of filing, and Claire offers Steve a Hail Mary when he thinks he's not been for her.
Speaker 1: I did by David Simil, written by Jessica Klein. All right, come on, spill.
Speaker 4: So what do you think it is?
Speaker 1: You go first?
Speaker 3: Me or Tory?
Speaker 1: Tory?
Speaker 4: Why do you think I loved it?
Speaker 3: And why do you think I know the secret to why this episode is so good?
Speaker 2: I think you like Joe and Donna.
Speaker 3: Now I've always loved Joe and Donna. To me, Joe and Donna endgame and I love them.
Speaker 4: Now you were getting.
Speaker 2: A little like on them the chemistry.
Speaker 4: Okay, that was Jenny, not me, I thought, I.
Speaker 1: And me.
Speaker 3: But why is this episode so good?
Speaker 2: I will tell you because there has been Brandon and Kelly.
Speaker 3: Yep, because we got rid of Susan and dumb Collin and we have heart So I almost said, I literally almost said, Jenny and Jason, Kelly and Brandon back together ish And you know what, it reminded me of the thing we love about like all shows Moonlighting, like well there won't they like? And now we're like laying the seeds for like a future possibility.
Speaker 4: So I'm just like im in, Like I watched this and was like, yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I liked it too. I like them together. Yeah yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Like we can have these other characters, Like I don't mind Claire, I'm into Joe, but like you got my core core at least something. And if I don't have Dylan, then I gotta have Kelly and Brandon.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's why they are bringing it back up, Like did they think the same as you?
Speaker 4: Correct, I'm not a genius, neither are they?
Speaker 1: Like I don't. I thought you were gonna say you loved this episode because they went to the grocery store. That's why I loved it.
Speaker 3: Ralphs trava Ansla was amazing. Favorite part very dangerous riding on the shopping cart like you did Jenny slash Kelly with Brandon pushing it. But is that dangerously cute? Well, the shopping cart is kind of dangerous.
Speaker 1: You could fall, you could get run over a little amy, Come on, everything Kelly's been through, that's concern. Oh she does, and she won't ride on the grocery cart. You need to get out.
Speaker 2: She'll join a cult any day, jump into a fire.
Speaker 4: Whole thing was amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love like those capers when the whole cast is together and we're out of the studio, we're off the sets, we're in the real world, and it feels so real when they do that. I love it. And and that and then the football playing thing. I love both of those parts. They bought we a lot of groceries though. The whole back of that truck was filled with bags. Yeah, well, you got to buy a lot of groceries on Thanksgiving, you know, if you're feeding that many people come on.
Speaker 3: A lot of alcohol. They've made sure to get their their liquor.
Speaker 1: It's Steve's t shirt though while shopping.
Speaker 2: Steve's hair while shopping. Come on, he's seeing those chips though. I just kept looking at it, like lock turtleneck, the skin tight tea.
Speaker 3: Like the hair was like soup.
Speaker 1: But genius to be eating chips and salsa in the grocery store while you're oh my god, I'm doing that next time.
Speaker 4: That was so good, opened it.
Speaker 2: Dipping as long as he paid for it.
Speaker 3: So good.
Speaker 1: Wait should we go from the top, Yeah, let's do it, because you know, I like the uh, structure.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I know you like it to be organized.
Speaker 1: But first this episode, you want to do the trivias. Yeah, as I remember this, tell them tell him.
Speaker 2: So the scenes with Steve Young were shot on the third of October nineteen ninety five, and it was the day of the verdict in the oj A Simpson murder case. And I remember that they we were all sitting on the lawn and they took a break from filming and they were like, they're about to announce it, and we all sat there and the news was there that day because they were filming Steve Young and he was there, so they like, right, cameras on us. So yeah, they announced verdict and I just remember being like I didn't want to have any emotion because I was like, oh, the cameras are here, but shocking.
Speaker 1: Wait, where is that footage.
Speaker 2: Of our reaction? Oh, my gosh, somewhere look it up eleven. But we were all sitting we were all sitting.
Speaker 1: No entertainment tonight and oh, we were.
Speaker 2: All sitting in a line facing like the curb facing the street. We were just sitting there.
Speaker 1: Wait, question, how are we watching it? Then? If we were sitting outside like did we have a TV outside the robot Lake had the radio. Radio. Oh a radio.
Speaker 3: You weren't watching it, you were listening.
Speaker 1: We were listening.
Speaker 3: Sorry, yeah, like really old school.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I remember that day. It was in my sorority and I for some reason, was sitting on the floor of my sorority room on the rug, and I had this little TV in my room and I remember going, oh, oh, my gosh, wow what whoa It was my reaction just stunned.
Speaker 1: And look where we are now. Look at the shocking things still happening on the news these days.
Speaker 3: Literally nothing changes except for that was the Bronco things. Totally crazy. That was one of the craziest things I've ever seen in my whole life.
Speaker 1: But ever now, whenever you see a white Bronco, you're like, Okay, that.
Speaker 3: Went right to my house, really Bronco Chase. Yeah, like his house and my house in La I mean mine is down the hill a bit. It was a bit fancier, but yeah, my house is right in the middle of where his house was, and her house was.
Speaker 2: Literally right I had the day off that day from nine to two and hour and I was like watching in a living room the Bronco Chase just.
Speaker 1: Like, oh shocked. Yeah, I had a black Bronco that seemed Bronco, but it was black one at that time, and I was like, thank god it's not white. Also fun trivia Lee Steinberg. Yes, Lee Steinberg plays himself. He's the famous sports agent and he was the inspiration behind the Cameron Crow film Jerry Maguire, you guys, Yeah, I have a little trivia about show Me the Money.
Speaker 3: When this episode I was watching it, I of course just went down the rabbit hole because I'm like, Okay, Lee Steinberg, and I remember him from the day. I feel like he was from northern California, so I think he was like a big deal up here especially, and he was this huge sports agent and I'm not telling tales. This is all in the press. Kind of struggled and lost a lot of money and a lot of his clients and now has made a big comeback again.
Speaker 1: Let's get into the episode. Let's get into the episode. Okay, we are everybody's excited. It's Thanksgiving, right. Both Susan and Colin are out of town at that by, and Brandon and Kelly both confessed that they were worried about leaving. Kelly and Brandon together.
Speaker 3: Gait, which to me should be number one and number two. Great sort of way to.
Speaker 2: Like bring me in meaning me, Like, yeah, it was great how they went back and forth between the scenes.
Speaker 1: Important else the gang shops for Thanksgiving dinner.
Speaker 3: We talked about that scene.
Speaker 1: Ye see in this episode, Well we love I love a cheesy supermarket montage. Yeah, but I was like, why is his mom there?
Speaker 3: Because she's alone and he didn't want her to be alone on Thanksgiving and that caused all that friction with a Valerie.
Speaker 1: I know she's just there, I don't know where, hasn't been on for ages. And then all of a sudden she's getting out of the car. Okay, everybody drops off the groceries and Brandon says he'll go pick up the pies at the beach pit. Kelly off first to go with him. Oh cute.
Speaker 3: This was so cute in the car.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they're having nice conversation together, Like I feel like they're a little flirty.
Speaker 3: Mm but a lot of flirty. Are you kidding? A lot?
Speaker 1: I mean that's how Okay, So when you have I don't think it's flirty, like when you're that familiar with somebody and you have that past, that history, you have a different cadence with them, you have a different way of talking to them. I can relate because like when I'm around my ex husband, I know what he's thinking before he's thinking it, and like I can finish the sentences still and I get a sense of humor like a lot of people don't like. So there's that comfort, you know, I feel comfortable with them.
Speaker 2: So well see.
Speaker 3: That, we really see that. So I don't know if that's Jenny and Jason being in a scene together or if it's you're just great actors, because that's what we see. Well you are.
Speaker 1: Head tilt hum.
Speaker 3: Be a reactor.
Speaker 4: But man, we're good friends with that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we liked each other most of the time.
Speaker 3: The whole episode has that, the breakfast conversation with the car, just all of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it made you feel like comfortable, Like the beginning of the show made you feel like it took you back to like.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm old times.
Speaker 1: M Sheila, David's mom is trying to tell Valerie how to prepare Thanksgiving dinner, and Valerie is feeling territorial and annoyed, and I was like, why should so up up and getting her panties in such a wad like relax lady her.
Speaker 2: Tell her to stay out of my hair.
Speaker 1: I was like, wow, there were I mean, yeah, there were a couple of times in this episode. I think that overall this episode was well written and definitely enjoy when it's from a female perspective because there aren't as many ekey feeling moments with the dialogue for me, but there was a couple of things get out of my hair and then make love to me later on my God, I can't. I was like, who says that.
Speaker 3: It was sofy?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man? I just thought she was kind of mean, Like that was David's mom. They're in a new relationship and.
Speaker 1: She's like, can I talk to you outside?
Speaker 2: And he was kind of fine with it, Like why was he? I didn't like it.
Speaker 4: She's not likable.
Speaker 1: City Hall, Donna, and Joe show up for the deposition. Ray walks in with his lawyer and man, oh man, are you good at that death stare? I was a good one, right, yeah, you're like burning his soul with your eyeballs.
Speaker 2: I really liked my outfit.
Speaker 1: You did your your court outfit. I have a picture of he right here. It was like a little cute.
Speaker 2: Donna never wears browns.
Speaker 1: You know, I wasn't crazy about the color. Yeah, not at all. I was very kind of cool downplayed.
Speaker 3: You just find Joe to be adorable, like adorable, I remember, just god, I loved him back then. I find Joe to be oh boring, See I do not. I think I just want to stare at him. I remember like loving him back then, being like, I have a crush on this guy. If there was the Internet, I definitely would have googled Cameron Bancroft shirtless for sure, and then oh I would have just liked not anything weird.
Speaker 2: I thought Ray looked cute too, though they both looked really handsome.
Speaker 3: Raised cute, but they just racked him.
Speaker 1: Man, like there's no coming back. Is this his last episode?
Speaker 4: No? No, suck with him for a while.
Speaker 3: Well it's and Joe were both great guys, right, Like they're both equally great. Who do you think is cuter? If they're great, if they're the same greatness, Oh that's hard. I'm raise nice and Joe's less like vanilla good boy? Who is cuter?
Speaker 1: I think, well I'll go and then you go. I think Joe is tall cute because he's tall. I like his build more than I would go for a Ray build. But I like raised face. So can I have both of them?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Sorry, Noah, Probably probably Ray. But Joe is a great great notes.
Speaker 3: I am team Joe. That guy is so cute.
Speaker 1: Then we go to the Chancellor's dinner, where Claire introduces Steve to her father, Chancellor Arnold. He doesn't seem very impressed, never is. Did anybody care about this scene? No, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: I didn't love this little story mini storyline, but I didn't hate it. I was like, okay, well.
Speaker 1: I just I was like, okay, so his mom's famous and that makes him interesting and acceptable to these people. He didn't buy it. I didn't buy it. Donna tries to go inside Channel six to talk to football player Steve Young, who is appearing on NFL Live. How'd you know that? First of all, how Donna knows? Did she just happened to catch the guide?
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe the old TV guide told her?
Speaker 1: Why was she there?
Speaker 3: Remember? Your father did his heart's hurt, but you wouldn't know where he was.
Speaker 2: At first, I thought like, by a mistake, she just saw him. I was like oho, But no.
Speaker 1: Maybe Joe was talking about it because he's into.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was just kind of like you know, right, like if you knew that Taylor Swift was going to be on the Tonight Show, the kids kind of know and go hang out and hold up the sign or whatever, right. I think you kind of know that stuff sometimes and I'll feel like.
Speaker 2: A scene was cut, like the why of it? I feel like I did two scenes with Lee Steinberg. Maybe, well, yeah, that's where he's very nervous. He was very excited, great, he did great, but he was I remember him being very enough.
Speaker 1: You could tell right away that he's a sports agent, he's not an actor, and I was like, oh, but he was cute. And now that we know this, he does remind me of Tom Cruise. Oh no, no, no, no, I can go that far. But we go to the beach house where Donna tells Kelly that she has decided to sleep with Joe because she doesn't want to lose him.
Speaker 3: That's weird for a good idea.
Speaker 1: What do you think's weird about it?
Speaker 2: I feel like she's been so adamant with David and Ray and now because she's.
Speaker 1: Scared she is going to lose him.
Speaker 2: She was going to lose David and she I don't know. I just feel like it feels.
Speaker 1: A little rushed.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, and the old sleep with him to not lose him is never a good idea.
Speaker 2: No, that's not and that's so Undonna. Yeah, I guess she's been through so much trauma with Ray.
Speaker 1: Or he's because she loves him, because he's standing up for her and he's being accused of this and he's being so nice through this whole thing with Ray.
Speaker 3: So forget her trauma with David. I'm sorry, but like walking up to a limo and thinking you're going to see your boyfriend and he's like with another girl, it's got to be traumatized.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that you mention it, thanks, Oh, got messed up all over again.
Speaker 1: Oh. Claire admits to the girls that she has fallen in love with Steve. She has helped him believe in himself over the past few days. You always fall in love in a couple of days like that when you take him to a party and he tells everybody's Samantha Sanders' son, I don't know. It just sings up the conversation between Donna and Kelly. It's like, is that a normal conversation.
Speaker 4: Almost good, and then yet it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't like playful enough, and it.
Speaker 4: Wasn't bad advice.
Speaker 2: It was just like it wasn't Helly's typical advice.
Speaker 1: What do you think her typical advice would have been like, yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: No, but I just thought like jumping. Would she say like, were you jumping the sack one?
Speaker 1: Did she say that? Oh? Oh yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: It was her wording. Didn't feel like her, That's all. I feel like she would have given the same advice.
Speaker 3: And then she spends a day with him and then she's like, yeah, he's great. Do it.
Speaker 1: It's just like yeah. Back at the wallshow, Sheila saves Thanksgiving dinner. When Valerie over sleeps, she consoles her by telling her how happy she makes David.
Speaker 2: That was sort of Valerie's robe threw me off in that scene, the robe to watch with the lavender robe with like pop collar. It just I know fuzzy robes were in then. It wasn't that. It was like it felt like an old person's robe.
Speaker 1: It wasn't cutem that didn't see me.
Speaker 4: You imagine wearing a fuzzy robe, I would be so hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but wore chanil robes back then.
Speaker 4: But maybe no.
Speaker 3: First of all, I never was a robe girl back then, and now, like I can barely wear a sweatshirt or I'm sweating.
Speaker 1: I love robes.
Speaker 4: So do I feel like I.
Speaker 3: Could see you in that robe that you sort of always wore on the show.
Speaker 1: The Donna and I both have the same one with the puffy flowers, right the Shaniel ones. Yeah, Joe decides to say grace before they start eating, which is so sweet.
Speaker 3: That was very sweet. But how about rub a dub dub thanks for the grub?
Speaker 1: Yeay god, gee yay god. Oh I can hear him saying that. Wait, I just did hear him saying that.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Steve Young comes over and gives Joe an autograph football for his birthday and the ball and they play football in the yard. Imagine that would.
Speaker 3: Blow it down, girls, Slow it down. We're going way too fast through this. Yeah, slow your role. First of all, the dinner being on that table was so awkward because the table's like a hint too low and it's like on the table but you guys are all so tall, and then like okay, like.
Speaker 1: Goofy pants to everybody and their partners looking all googly eyed like I love you.
Speaker 3: On Thanksgiving and everyone gets their plates and they're going in to watch the game, and then suddenly Steve Young pulls up in a car that Steve Young's not gonna be driving.
Speaker 1: He even noticed the car. What kind of car was old Grandpa car?
Speaker 3: Old Grandpa call it like?
Speaker 4: It wasn't even like a Lincoln town Car.
Speaker 3: First of all, Steven would have a driver, like what are we talking about?
Speaker 4: Or he's gonna have some like.
Speaker 3: A sportscad suv or sports car. Thank you. I'm like, he's not driving your grand like that was the same car that the grandpa drove in sixteen candles.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I thought Steve Young was the same guy from the sports agent guy. They look a lot alike, Am I Am?
Speaker 3: I right?
Speaker 1: No? I was like, wait, who is this?
Speaker 3: Lets see what you see time? Were you guys all losing your minds over Steve Young?
Speaker 1: No? I didn't know who he was. Oh the guys were? We weren't. Yeah, they were freaking huge.
Speaker 3: He's huge still and he was so huge then are you kidding?
Speaker 4: And he had a Super Bowl ring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we all tried that on yeah, I'm from.
Speaker 3: San Francisco, So maybe that's why he was even bigger because it was like we had Joe Montana and then we had Steve Young. We had these like do you want a little fun fact about Steve Young that maybe I already told. I believe he is the girls flag football coach at his daughter's high school because he wants to like really advocate for like girls, women in sports and like women should be able to have that sport. And it's like, yeah, made the and made the local paper up here, guys.
Speaker 1: Very admirable Steve Young or.
Speaker 3: The guys freaking.
Speaker 1: My whole crew, Yes, yes.
Speaker 4: Got Steve Young like that.
Speaker 1: It was huge. Well, we didn't have anything to do with it. I know that much.
Speaker 3: You guys for everyone listening, if you ever seen to just blank face it.
Speaker 1: I was like, h don't care.
Speaker 2: I remember him signing like shirts. Was he signing shirts for US or Football's or I don't know. I was getting into football.
Speaker 1: Neither, dude.
Speaker 3: And Steve Young was handsome too, like he was like dreamy, very very good looking world.
Speaker 1: I feel like he had tight jeans on.
Speaker 3: Probably did.
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 3: How about Joe Cameron Bankroft just getting all these scenes with Steve Young, like what in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dave was watching it and he was like, oof, you can tell that Joe is not athletic at all the way he's running and catching that ball. He was like, the only person that's got any athleticism is Steve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am yeah, Oh my god, Brandon always goes for it though.
Speaker 3: So weird moment where I thought Steve Young was going to take the ball back, I'm like, this is so weird. You signed the ball for him, but like your whole I.
Speaker 1: Was like you, like, this guy would have nothing better to do on Thanksgiving Day? When she asked him, I thought it was so weird.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, I felt so bad for her because I was like, what are the chances? Like no, like she asked Lee, can you come to why?
Speaker 1: Though? But what did he do a crossover with because of the Fox and the game was on Fox or something? Was there some sort of.
Speaker 3: I think it was just leasing yet for maybe a sweeps episode, But let's play it back. Did your dad do his heart, le Steinberg's heart or somebody else's heart? Because I do think if you save someone's life, they probably would call it for you. So that setup was actually decent.
Speaker 2: So then why didn't her dad just call him?
Speaker 3: I don't know, because your dad's not going to like do that. That seems like patient confidence.
Speaker 1: She had gality issues.
Speaker 3: He's got his handsfully right, he's got his hands full with your grouchy mom.
Speaker 1: She's not crutchy.
Speaker 2: There's that one. Remember that photo Jen of all of us in front of Hostle Walsh with Steve Young. It was like one of those frame photos we always at was up everywhere.
Speaker 1: You know what. Brian probably has it.
Speaker 2: I think he does.
Speaker 4: You know, it's so weird. Speaking of Steve Young being in.
Speaker 3: This episode, and like football, there is like a some kind of crazy stunt happening tonight with PayPal during Monday night football. I do love football, but I don't typically watch Monday night football, but I'm going to watch tonight. It's on ESPN.
Speaker 4: Have you prot no what some kind of cool thing with PayPal?
Speaker 3: What was looking for?
Speaker 4: On Instagram?
Speaker 3: It's like Will Ferrell and he's he's crashing into all these windshimes.
Speaker 4: Did you see that?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 4: Why is why are they doing.
Speaker 1: This wind chimes?
Speaker 2: I like wind chimes?
Speaker 3: What does it mean? What is your thing?
Speaker 2: What? Do you think it is?
Speaker 4: I truly don't know.
Speaker 3: I truly don't know.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing.
Speaker 2: We got football, we got wind chimes, we.
Speaker 1: Got PayPal, you got Will Ferrell and Will Ferrell.
Speaker 2: Wait, I'm gonna be so something is What are we looking for?
Speaker 3: I don't know. We're gonna have to watch tonight.
Speaker 2: Text me after you see it.
Speaker 1: After all the Steve Young Shenanigans, Brandon and Kelly are alone at the house and Kelly explains to Brandon that if she had chosen one of them when she was asked to choose between Brandon and Dylan, his friendship with Dylan would have been ruined.
Speaker 3: Tory, you and Joe kind of have a moment right, like, there's sort of a moment there, like I can't believe you did this for me type of moment. So I think at the end I sort of supposed to really feel this couple is falling in love, right, m hm? Did you feel that?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: I felt their chemistry a lot in this episode because I haven't. I don't know. I've been on the fence so far with Joe and Donnie.
Speaker 3: Then we go to the peach pit, right because every year, you guys held Nat and there's some dishes being done, and this is where Brandon and Kelly have this sort of which I found a little.
Speaker 4: Weird, A little weird.
Speaker 3: I loved it, but a little weird, like where she says, I don't really want to go home and he says come over and watch horror movies, something to that effect, And it was like, are these people together? That's how I thought. I was like, this is a couple. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I felt like, oh, there's something's going to happen.
Speaker 3: Which does and I think everyone else knew it too. I think there was at least a moment earlier it's coming up where one of the other members of the group says, those two are into each other. They don't quite spell it out like.
Speaker 1: That, but I think it was both Steve and David and they tip off Valerie and or detective nosiness.
Speaker 3: So after they come back, they're at the Waalsh house and there sort of is a conversation there almost acknowledging like what went wrong with us? And we love each other, but we're with other people. Like I was sort of like, dump these other people?
Speaker 4: Was it? No one ever thinking that?
Speaker 2: We were almost thinking that.
Speaker 1: I think that they were being honorable though, and you know, having respect for their boyfriend and girlfriend and like that. Life has moved on. But if I don't, I think if they didn't have a boyfriend and girlfriend, then they would have probably gone back together like that stopped them before.
Speaker 2: Though, like for fear, I was as a viewer, I was really happy to hear the intel of Kelly telling Brandon that she thought it would have ruined their friendship if she.
Speaker 1: Thought that was valuable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was major to me. That like made my because one is now it dilutes I choose me a little bit because she sort of really owned it as like I'm choosing me. Although point well taken.
Speaker 4: If you would have picked one of them.
Speaker 3: Truly Mary or go on a world trip with the other, they're not going to be.
Speaker 1: Friends, no, and she's not going to be friends with either of them either, I mean that one or the other.
Speaker 3: That was a huge acknowledgement in the episode in the season, in the series that had slipped my mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. I was glad to hear it like verbalized like that.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it was like, wow, okay, well then Dylan's gone. Now I don't know why these two aren't together Frankly, I'm sort of like, they love each other?
Speaker 4: What is going on?
Speaker 3: Get rid of Susan, tell her sorry, get rid of dumb Colin, who I hate, Bye bye.
Speaker 1: The drugs haven't come yet, I know. And then I was thinking good because I know that that it's coming soon in the season. Then where does Brandon fall into the drug addiction storyline? Oh? Confused?
Speaker 2: He gonna sayer hope.
Speaker 3: So such a moment of like, sometimes doing the wrong thing is actually the right thing, because like, yeah, maybe it would have been wrong to like cheat or dump your significant others, but like the right thing for them to be together.
Speaker 1: Then she would have wouldn't have gotten into drugs, and.
Speaker 4: Like Jason, maybe would have never left the show.
Speaker 1: Like we don't know, maybe that's what drove her to the drugs.
Speaker 3: We'll find out, Okay.
Speaker 1: Then we go to this scene which is really fun, when Donna tells Joe that she's ready to sleep with him and Joe confesses that he doesn't believe in pre marital sex. Ball You're like, oh, the heavens opened up.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 1: Oh so cute.
Speaker 4: Why they are so endgame?
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I'm more into it because I'm like, oh my God, they pray. They're so supportive of each other, and now they both are virgins.
Speaker 3: It's perfect.
Speaker 2: Totally forgot he was a virgin.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we go to David's dorm. Yes, and we see that now valories being nice again, nice about the mom. Happy, The whole day was so fun. And then she says she's going to sleep over, and he says, wait, I thought you said my bed was lumpy, and I was like, okay.
Speaker 3: The twin which is a little tight, but otherwise.
Speaker 1: So I guess they she slept over there. And then the next morning she goes home in her fancy car and she peeps through the window of her own house.
Speaker 4: Thank you for mentioning the car.
Speaker 1: Is that a different car?
Speaker 4: No, it's the same car.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, how does she possibly afford that car?
Speaker 1: It's so stupid, but really making a lot of money at the peach pit after dark sod. So we see the Joe and Donna thing and then what happens.
Speaker 2: And then Clarence Steve. Yeah, it looked really cute in this scene.
Speaker 4: They do.
Speaker 1: She looked adorable in this scene. That hair was cute on her.
Speaker 3: There's so lukewarm on them, don't dislike don't love like get me back to Kelly.
Speaker 4: Kelly and Brandon.
Speaker 3: Are just stealing this episode and Steve Young so I was like, oh, the rest is sort of.
Speaker 2: Filler, understandable salary.
Speaker 4: It's like, I'm just lukewarm on them.
Speaker 2: But they's Steven Claire more than them even.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you love me? Yeah, well biased, But it is nice how everybody's their relationships are all going so smoothly on Thanksgiving and that can't last long. Must have been that breast side up.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is the time to talk about the scene at the breakfast table.
Speaker 1: Yes, I guess so.
Speaker 3: Yes, so also major. It's so major. They're having this like full heart to heart and then they fully kiss.
Speaker 1: Wait no, because Brandon are kind of giving each other props for not cheating on Susan and Colin and saying they're so proud of themselves for making the right decision, and she says, we did the right thing. Yeah, and then he kisses her.
Speaker 2: What maybe they feel like if you say it, then you put it out there that you're trying to do the right thing, and then it's okay.
Speaker 1: Was that like a friendly kiss?
Speaker 4: Was it just like a I guess are these two kidding me? Get back together?
Speaker 1: Like what? Yeah? That kiss threw me into a weird like wait, I'm so confusing.
Speaker 3: Valerie just like in the window, I can't stand it, bee Witch totally mind your own beeswax, mind your own beeswax. And now it's like, oh, this is a Three's Company episode because she's gonna think this and it wasn't really that.
Speaker 4: As she's peeking in the window and.
Speaker 3: It's like, just be cool, Valerie, like, is it impossible for going to be? No?
Speaker 1: Well, in her defense, Kelly was a little cold her earlier. This is true, Okay, so really doubling down on that. I still don't like you, bel but rightly so. But then yeah, she just is like so devilish when she's peeping through that window because now she knows that she has fresh ammunition against Kelly. What's she going to do with that? What's what's going to be Internet for her?
Speaker 2: I don't take Colin, but she has David. Oh, but she wants them all.
Speaker 3: She likes the power. Yeah, that's not what I would have done. If I would have walked up, I would have been like walk away.
Speaker 1: M hmm, Like I mean, I guess that's just who she is. It's hard because the writing is like giving you so many mixed messages about this girl like you. They're trying to make us like her sometimes and she's so sweet and kind sometimes and then and then she's like a mess sometimes, like personally.
Speaker 3: Love to hate her, hate to love her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then she just goes and does things like that, and you're like, I hate this girl. It's complicated. She's complicated. There are a lot of layers to vail.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Did we cover it.
Speaker 3: All good in this episode too?
Speaker 4: Just really good?
Speaker 1: What do you guys? Give it?
Speaker 3: Ten?
Speaker 4: Ten? Ten plus?
Speaker 1: I gotta say I was bored, Like I was like, this is it didn't past for me. It didn't like my show.
Speaker 4: So not bored. I actually was like when it ended, I was like, this show is so good. The show's so good. It's like it I'd watch it now.
Speaker 3: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good. But out of all the other ones, for me, I felt bored. I don't know why I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I'm I didn't fast forward like I usually do up to Clear and Steve scenes.
Speaker 4: But maybe because Steve Young didn't wow you.
Speaker 3: Or he did me.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like if he wasn't in this, he would still give it a tent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he was the least I didn't. I mean I liked it, but he was the least important thing for me.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was like bringing David's mom in again too, like of all the parents, but she's yeah, like of all the parents, she's not the one I've ever you know, had that much interest in or they haven't written.
Speaker 2: Much for so you weren't invested. If she was there, I could have lost that whole storyline.
Speaker 3: Holes suicidal had to have like major treatment. Of course she's gonna be a Thanksgiving and that creates the conflict with Valerie. Although it was kind of like it's not my favorite storyline, I get it. It was a good try writers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we Larry says this. You know, sometimes there's they're hitting it and sometimes they're missing it. And I think that happens in every episode at some point, like things land and things don't, or like things make sense or things don't, because especially when you're watching it like we are, like back to back every week without fail, I don't know that the writers were ever watching the show. They were just writing it.
Speaker 3: Correct and we're not the target, right, Like, imagine being twenty, You're just like it's like I said, Dylan and Tony the love when I was twenty was just so so real, and I'm just so I remember being so into Joe and falling for that hook line and sinker. So it's like, I don't know, I think at twenty, all of this is just lands.
Speaker 4: A little bit more or it did.
Speaker 2: Real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now we're like, yeah we see holes. Yeah, we didn't see them before.
Speaker 2: Now we're fifty year olds watching a teen drama. So I mean, I like, you are we?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What do we got next week? Next week? Next week? We didn't rated Jen?
Speaker 4: What I rate it?
Speaker 1: Oh god, oh god, I'm gonna give it an eight? You give it an eight? Okay, Yeah, I'm being generous. I'm gonna stick with you because, yeah, we kind of felt the same way.
Speaker 3: M hm oh happy Thanksgiving, grinchy.
Speaker 1: Wait, last week I think you gave an episode like a four. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Last week was such a want wah for me.
Speaker 3: So I was so like thrilled by this. I'm like, yes, we're back, we are back. There was a hint of Dylan mentioned, so I appreciated that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but still I felt myself after I watched this episode even angrier that nobody ever talks about Tony. Again, I agree, like it's just settling into me that the reality of that this girl has lost her life and nobody talks about it ever.
Speaker 2: Should they have mentioned that at Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: I mean they should, somebody should. Donna and Kelly should be talking about it. They are friends. Yeah, yes, it bugs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's a weird hole.
Speaker 1: But definitely happy to hear some mention of Dylan and like the impact of his leaving and.
Speaker 3: It's less awkwardy sort of the way they always worked in Brenda was always felt like better work in a Brenda mention.
Speaker 4: It feels a bit more organic to me with the Dylan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I think because it's between Kelly and Brandon, who were both so close to him, and she says he'll let us know, he'll send us something when he's ready, yes, which is all all you can do, and when this kind of thing happens.
Speaker 2: Like three seasons, he'll be ready.
Speaker 4: Yay, Okay.
Speaker 1: Next episode, Season six, episode thirteen, Courting, Oh, that could be about dating, or it could be about basketball. The rose Court, Oh, or the rose Court Is that what it's called? The rose court? Yep, that sounds so weird when you say it rose court. But that's on New.
Speaker 2: Year, so we wouldn't be there yet.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It's Thanksgiving, right, but the very next episode it's not the big one yet, the rose Court.
Speaker 1: Right. Maybe it's about basketball then, who knows, I hope not. We just had football this week, Amy ov S excited, love it all. That's it, you guys hit wait, thanks for listening. We love you.