Speaker 1: Native Land Pod is a production of iHeartRadio in partnership with reisent Choice Media.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Hey NP fans.
Speaker 4: Today's episode is a replay of Tuesday's presidential debate live stream. You'll hear clips of some of the biggest moments from the debate, along with our live reactions and debate analysis with special guests and our friends Jamel Hill, Ellie Miss Style, and Aaron Haynes.
Speaker 3: Welcome home, y'all.
Speaker 1: All right, Welcome home y'all. A live show tonight. Thank you everybody for joining us. I will be honest, I just got here. If you follow me on Instagram, you know I was literally running through the airport because I have major fomo, because I wanted to be here with my co hosts Angela Right and Andrew Gillows.
Speaker 3: Double A was trying to do this without me. I said, no, not tonight, don't watch pold the audience.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ask them if they wanted us to have a live debate show. They said yes, and here we are at.
Speaker 3: Thirty nine. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So here's the thing that I think is also important tonight. There are some debate rules. If you all watch our debate show where we kind of talked about what we expected to come out of tonight. You know already some of these debate rules, but I think it's important for folks to understand. Mike's are muted when they're not responding. The candidates are not allowed to ask each other questions. They're giving two minutes to respond to the questions and two minutes for rebuttal and then I think a one minute response. There are only two commercial breaks during this entire debate minutes in ninety minutes. But I promise you, guys, it's going to go as fast as our DNC coverage.
Speaker 3: You'll know that was two hours that went by wrong.
Speaker 1: Also, but during those commercial breaks, campaign staff cannot approach the candidate.
Speaker 3: Talking about that one.
Speaker 5: They're not allowed to bring a Billy notes, any papers. They'll be provided a pad where they can write for themselves. Guys, I just I'm curious. Do you think Donald Trump is bringing a game if he knows, I'm curious to know. Do you think he shows up on his best?
Speaker 4: Can I tell you, guys, I think that Donald Trump, And this is gonna sound crazy. Some people are gonna get mad when to hear me say this, but follow me. I think Donald Trump is underestimated because the bar is so low.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump wins if he can put together cohesive sentence. Donald Trump wins if he can talk about his policy agenda in a manner that makes sense. Donald Trump wins if he cannot throw any type of shade and underhanded comment, any type of put down at Kamala Harris the bar solo. Now, those aren't my standards for no winning, but that's how the media is to have always talked about, will construe.
Speaker 3: It if that's what happens.
Speaker 4: What I think we have to acknowledge is what the bar is for Kamala Harris. Kamala Harris today on this stage has to get to know a large swath of the American public who do not know her. She has to talk about her policy plans in a way that makes sense and speaks to the hearts and minds of Middle America, the coasts, and the South. Kamala Harris has to talk about what her foreign policy agenda will be. She has to do so much in ninety minutes, and in some ways it feels untenable.
Speaker 3: And I'm not trying to set the bar Low for her.
Speaker 4: But I am trying to demonstrate what we all know as black people in America, we got to be twice as good. Sometimes triple quadruple is good. It's unfair, but I think it's real.
Speaker 5: Ill go ahead them.
Speaker 3: Well, I just.
Speaker 1: Wanted to say that I don't think anybody's going to change their mind tonight.
Speaker 3: You know I'm saying that, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think that you all know how I feel about these swing voters or people who are.
Speaker 3: Trying to decide.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, at this point, if you don't know who you're voting for between these two candidates, like, give me a break. You know, you're just looking for an excuse. You're trying to give yourself a permission for how you.
Speaker 3: Want to vote.
Speaker 1: And I you know, we don't have that privilege. You know, We've never had the privilege to wait for the perfect candidate who feels exactly how we feel on every issue because we are disimportunately impacted by these policies. So I think tonight Vice President Harris has the opportunity to even more energy her base and get energized. I think this will be a debate for funders. You know, she's out fundraising him across the board. I think it's a GOTV game. You know, hopefully she'll say something to somebody tonight. It's like, you know what, not only am I going to vote, I'm gonna arrive with five I'm gonna volunteer, I'm gonna make calls.
Speaker 3: That's what this is. I don't think it's.
Speaker 1: Going to sway the opinion or voting habits of anyone. Now for Donald Trump, I will say I think he has the opportunity to lose voters. I don't think he is very has been very good at broadening his coalition. I think people can get so turned off by his behavior tonight that perhaps they will find some modicum of consciousness and say, I cannot turn over the country.
Speaker 3: To this person. So I think the stakes are actually higher for him, to be honest.
Speaker 4: You know, there's one thing that is most important about tonight's debate.
Speaker 3: It's happening. So y'all. I get.
Speaker 5: Saying there's still time from the back out, But you know what the truth is is, I've been reading.
Speaker 3: The myself congratulations and that.
Speaker 5: Thanks Delian that reading the frustration or reading so much of the mainstream media has been this disproportionate way in which they set expectations for Vice President Harri it's it's it's she's got to answer for her record. She's got to make playing with her vision is and as we sit here, y'all, aside from Project twenty twenty five, which Donald Trump didn't directly participate in, yet he admonished all of his staff thousands of them, I don't know what I want to say about that is that, aside from Project twenty twenty five, I can't think of one thing the man actually like stands for. When you think of that, I mean tax breaks for the wealthiest one percent. But he's been so everywhere there's nothing concrete about what he says. He sort of reminds me of what what's that? Kids love to play with it, and I hate the other The more jelly is Oh I slime stuff, right, It's kind of slime. It doesn't really stand firm. It just wobbles, and oh lord, I know its going there doesn't.
Speaker 1: Stand firm, and he's obsessed with crowd size. So I will draw an inappropriate parallel.
Speaker 3: Is going.
Speaker 1: I want to see the comments because we want you guys to be a part of this conversation, and I want to see what you guys are saying, will shout you out as we see you.
Speaker 3: If Andrew could figure out.
Speaker 5: How I don't you know? And technology, it's just not how do you get to anyway?
Speaker 3: While the while these old people are figuring things out.
Speaker 4: I also just want to point out I want to highlight some of our folks who are coming on tonight.
Speaker 3: We'll be joined very soon by our good friend Jamel Hill.
Speaker 4: We will also be joined tonight by our friend Ellie missed out, and we'll be joined by our friend Aaron Haynes later. We have a tremendous show line up for you all. We are so very excited about being here with you to look at this debate, to talk about what's happening.
Speaker 3: We even have a live fact.
Speaker 4: Checker y'all, will make sure that we're getting those facts to you updated tonight throughout the show, especially when you get to those commercial breaks one and two and in that post debate analysis. Now, I hope I can tell you just how many lies we're told, but we might not be able to do that. We're gonna do our very very best at oh okay, they said a lot?
Speaker 3: How many lies? You got a lot, so you better figuring out the comments. But I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I want to ask you guys while you're figuring out the comments, shout on to Josh Shapiro on the stage stop it for Kamala Harris and Tim Walls. But I also wanted to come to you quickly. Here's my question. Yes, what do you all think they will cover tonight? They can't cover everything. What do you think is a for sure topic that we'll be asked.
Speaker 1: About Vice President Harris on Sunday? Just her policy platform? So I think she is really going to hone in on the economy and those economic kitchen table issues that matter so importantly that so many people. That's a bipartisant issue. No matter how you vote, you should care about the economy and how it impacts you. I think a lot of people when they think about the economy, they conflate that with the markets, which we know is not true. I think folks who are watching they want to know about inflation. They want to know why they're paying so much money for a carton of milk. Do you think Donald Trump even knows how much a carton of milk costs?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Probably not, but Vice Presidan Harris actually cook she participates in this process, so I think she'll hone in on.
Speaker 3: Economic issues kitchen table.
Speaker 1: Yes, now, I don't know if this will come up, but obviously, you guys know I would like to hear her take on some of our foreign policy, particular particularly Israel and Gaza, which we've talked a lot about on this show.
Speaker 3: So I'll be telling you know.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, I don't have high hopes that we're going to get the range of kind of conversation that you would expect from the next leader of the free world. I think by and large they're going going to traffic over what her changes in public policy stances have been. And I'm thinking very specifically the moderators themselves. I think Donald Trump will obviously try to throw to it, not as if he hasn't changed his position from one moment to the next. What she has said, and I think she'll probably deliver today in a more even compelling way, is that while tactics may change her core where she is fundamentally on the issues, her values are consistent. And as I said when we were potting, I don't know last week, the week before that, if you are a leader and especially a leader of the free world first and second in command. Every day you ought to be learning new things that cause you to reinterrogate where you previously were on this thing to that thing, not that you're moving your position from. You know, I'm for a woman's right to choose, you know, and then Noah'm not for it. Not that, but the tactics that you use, the strategy that you use to achieve a goal, they ought to be as evolving as the sun is, you know, coming up in the daytime in the moon at night. So I don't hold her to any sort of expectation that she would not have evolution. I just hope tonight that she can explain it in a way that people don't feel like they're being played, but rather that she's speaking what her heart is and what her plan is.
Speaker 1: I just shout out, Alicia Burnett, Auntie, Cookie, A Z Morales, Shelley, are we see you tuning in? A lot of people are saying thanks a RII, hey girl, thank you for doing this. Thisee you Angela Willie Nash. So I just told you, guys know, we finally figured it out and we see you watching, so please tune in.
Speaker 3: Tell your friends to tune in and keep those.
Speaker 4: Comment say your friends, say your mom, and tell your cousins and them. So with that, I think the other thing that is really important for us to understand is the candidates don't get to set the questions, so we will see what the moderators side to ask about. But there are some very major issues percolating. You mentioned Kamala Harris rolling out her full platform we know last week. She also wrote out a small business plan as well, so we will see. Donald Trump is just rolling around in them words.
Speaker 3: We're gonna see it in campaign.
Speaker 4: He hasn't really been Oh you know what else, people keep talking about the costadra.
Speaker 3: Goingis on the table. I do want to shout out Enaburgh, who.
Speaker 4: Told us that we needed We said tequila, make the tequila on the radio. And and yes, Andrew is not a part of this, but Tiff and I are tequila connoisseur as we love this. Here's what I will say. This is also from Bob Pittman, who's the CEO of iHeart. So this is a special Bob Pittman bottle shout out. Doing that You're I can hear you, Andrew shouting out to Bob Pittman. We are not on mute, but this is the beause he's asking about the comments. Make one you you type in the chat, and no, he can type in the chat right there. Anyway, you guys, while grandpa's figuring out how to type in the chat, don do let Angela do it?
Speaker 3: He can, he can have it. I don't want to anyway, you guys seven years. I don't know why you encouraging him. I don't know why he's talking while we're on.
Speaker 5: The mid create a channel in order to okay, we're.
Speaker 3: Live, Andrew, do you have anything you'd like to say?
Speaker 4: Okay, Grandpa Gillam in the building, anything else but.
Speaker 3: The camera? Literally, but how do will make a comment? You're not even whispering? Write it down?
Speaker 5: Damn write it down?
Speaker 3: And he didn't have YouTube downloaded. That's what I'm looking at. You look up embarrassed. How are you watching the show?
Speaker 1: But he figured it out in my bask Anyway, I want to hear from you guys. You guys, tell me what you'd like to see tonight. One thing that I will say, Angela that I'm concerned about. I hope they don't spend a lot of time on dumb ass questions. You know, I think you know, if you spend thirty minutes on fracking, like that is not something that's impacting a majority of Americans.
Speaker 3: And I really hope that they that checked, you, Like, I don't think they're going to. I was trying to find guidance for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so far it's just been a bunch of like even in the trades and like Pointer in Columbia journalism with you, everybody's like, we hope they fact checked, but I haven't seen a definitive answer what we.
Speaker 3: Are fact checking. I know you said we have we have a live fact check.
Speaker 4: So if if ABC not gonna do it, if Fox News you know they're not not gonna do it, if CNN is not gonna do it, guess we're gong to get it. Native Lampid dot Com we were gonna have that up on socials. We will have some of those facts on the ready as we come into that first commercial break as well.
Speaker 5: But you know, I've heard some journalists talk about their role being purely that of journalists, which is to ask questions, but not to themselves engage in the debate. Yes, right, I mean it's it's it's how they see it. What was that? What was that?
Speaker 3: Was that?
Speaker 5: Candy Crowley? That one she engaged and said that is not correct, That is not correct, and we see her on TV.
Speaker 4: Since you speaking of people who do an amazing job.
Speaker 3: Everybody we have right now, all right, hear them? Can we hear them? Let's them? Okay.
Speaker 4: We have Jamel Hill, who is co founder of Lodge Freeway Media. She is an incredible journalist who writes for The Atlantic.
Speaker 3: Our good friend and author and the host, Jamail Hill.
Speaker 4: And we also have Ellie missed Out, a justice correspondent for the Nation, and our good friend, our Supreme Court guru, our resident all justice. He might he might need to be a Supreme Court justice.
Speaker 3: I'm here for law tonight. I can hear y'all, but barely. I'm gonna turn my step up.
Speaker 6: Tonight.
Speaker 5: Whatever you were sitting in front.
Speaker 1: Of your head, that is all her sneakers, Yeah, not just mine, not just mine.
Speaker 3: As me and I got one side, he has the other side.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 4: Well, you guys, what are you from the debate tonight? I want to know who you got, who you think is gonna win and why Jamelle, this particular importance for you, I think because every time I think about Donald Trump almost I think about him single handedly coming at your neck on Twitter, on social media and.
Speaker 3: Really putting good business and I'm.
Speaker 4: Serious, not really putting could it put your life in jeopardy? And so I just I got to know that this debate means something so much more to you, giving what's hanging in the balance. I want to come to you first, and Ellie, we absolutely want to hear from you. What are you all expecting from the debate tonight?
Speaker 7: Well, you know, it will be interesting to see him on the stage against Vice President Harris with all of his obsession about crowd sizes. But you know, honestly, it is I think this is the bigger opportunity for Kamala Harris. Like I think the people who are going to vote for Donald Trump are going to vote for Donald Trump. I don't really see this, and Ellie can certainly correct me or any of you all, Andrew, Tiffany or Angela is Like, I don't see him winning over that many people. The people who love him kind of love them, and that's it to me. This presents a greater opportunity for Vice President Harris to get people further energized, a greater opportunity for her to win over some voters who the decision was not necessarily between her and Donald Trump, but voting or the couch. And so I think she has a much clearer pathway to do something like that. And I think now we're gonna really see some of those things that were unable to be highlighted by Joe Biden. Significant age difference. That will be among the many things visually we will see. And I think even the way that their demeanor is is so different because I don't believe that Donald Trump will be able to control himself. I think he's going to resort to the same old things that he always does, and I think people are kind of bored with it, and so that to me is where he's gonna lose a lot of people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, remember, before we go to LA I just wanted to quickly ask you. There's been a raging debate around whether or not she should meet Trump in the gully if he goes. You know, I just want to I want to hear your thoughts on whether or not she flies above it, dismisses him politely and keeps it moving or whether she has to go low and then bring.
Speaker 7: I'm not keep that same energy kind of person, right, and so my thing is, you're not gonna be up there questioning whether I'm black, saying all these things about me, and then when we see each other it's all good.
Speaker 3: It's like, no, I keep that same energy.
Speaker 7: When you're calling me crazy, when you laughing at my laugh and trying to say disrespectful things about me, Just keep that energy.
Speaker 3: Like we don't we don't need to even go through.
Speaker 7: The sort of fakeness of appearing like there's some level of the corn here because we know during this debate he's not gonna reay. So look, Michelle Obama, God bless her forever. First lady. She said, when we go when they go low, we go high. I'm like, nah, when they go low, I'm going to a hill on the corner of Petty Pendergrass and Petty Label.
Speaker 1: Before the debate. So I want to bring you in, Ellie, what do you want to see tonight?
Speaker 3: Were you asking? Literally say the same thing?
Speaker 1: Okay, So with three minutes laugh before these candidates take the stage, Ellie, just just give it to us.
Speaker 3: What are you expecting to hear tonight.
Speaker 6: Well, right now, I'm just still terrified. Right, It's I have a little bit of PTSD. The last time we were here, brother loss of debates so bad he had to drop out the race, all right, So that's that's the floor, right, And I'm and I'm worried. I don't want a repeat. Obviously, I think she's gonna do a lot better than Biden did, but like the stakes are high, and so that has me nervous. The other reason why I'm nervous is because we can talk about who's gonna win or lose in a kind of football horse race analogy. But at the end of the day, it's going to be the media after the fact that declares their Lord and savior, Donald Trump the winner. Regardless of what happens, Donald Trump has to call Kamala Harris the N word and physically assault her before the media will acknowledge that the old, rambling white man potentially lost a debate to a black woman, right, Like, that's the bar for Trump. So since Harris is going to be held to a higher standard, one that will not apply to the lying, deranged opponent that she has on stage tonight, I am worried about the expectations game after the debate. However, to Andrew's question about should she go into the gully man she should go into the trench and fight him hand to hand with knives in the gully or whatever you want to call it. I don't think that there is a place where Donald Trump can go tonight where he should feel safe from which the ring attacks and snarks. And this is uh, a couple needs to go. Kendrick Lamar, Yes, they not like us to really.
Speaker 3: You started, you started trying to get serious.
Speaker 4: Now we got Kendrick Lamar bars for you waiting like I mean, you done forgot You are on here with some like you know, we hip hop heads anyway.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Andrew's like, I don't know what they're talking about.
Speaker 4: Hell, but you guys are like, you guys know if it ain't if it ain't dirty South, Andrew ain't about to rap with us.
Speaker 3: But it's all good. You know, this is an incredible debate.
Speaker 4: We hope we can get to y'all back at this first commercial break to see if our predictions are absolutely right.
Speaker 3: We cannot wait to be back on with you all. As you know, the debate is.
Speaker 4: About to happen live in Philadelphia. So, as Jamelle said, I hope she keeps that roots Philadelphia Energy.
Speaker 8: And they have abortion in the ninth month. They even have and you can look at the the previous governor of West Virginia, not the current governors in an excellent job, but the governor before he said, the baby will be born, and we will decide what to do with the baby. In other words, we'll execute the baby. And that's why I did that, because that predominates because.
Speaker 5: On the Internet that he reads, somebody said.
Speaker 4: That look at her, that's the face I want from her, because she's.
Speaker 8: Really out of it. But her vice presidential pick says abortion in the ninth month is absolutely fine. He also says execution after birth, it's an execution, no longer abortion because the baby is born is okay.
Speaker 6: And that's not okay with me.
Speaker 9: There is no state in this country where it is legal to kill a baby after it's born.
Speaker 3: An vice president to President.
Speaker 10: Trump, well, as I said, you're gonna hear a bunch of lies, and that's not actually a surprising fact. What we have in the former president is someone who would prefer to run on a problem instead of fixing a problem.
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you something.
Speaker 10: He's going to talk about immigration a lot tonight, even when it's not the subject that is being raised. And I'm going to actually do something really unusual, And I'm going to invite you to attend one of Donald Trump's rallies because it's a really interesting thing to watch. You will see during the course of his rallies he talks about fictional characters like Hannibal Lecter. You will talk about wind mills cause cancer. And what you will also notice is that people start leaving his rallies early out of.
Speaker 3: Exhaustion and boredom. And I will tell you the one thing you will not hear him talking about is you.
Speaker 10: You will not hear him talk about your needs, your dreams, and your and your desires. And I'll tell you, I believe you deserve a president who actually puts you first. And I pledge to.
Speaker 11: You that I will vis person I think you want to respond, let me just ask them, why did you try to kill that bill and successfully so? That would have put thousands of additional agents and officers on the board.
Speaker 8: Responders to the rallies, she said, people started leaving.
Speaker 5: People don't know that was a base.
Speaker 3: There had no reason to.
Speaker 8: Go pressing them in and paying them to be there and then showing them in a different light.
Speaker 6: So she can't talk about that.
Speaker 5: People don't leave my rallies. We have the.
Speaker 8: Biggest rallies, the most incredible rallies in the history of politicians. Is being lost. We're a failing nation. And it happened three and a half years ago. And what's going on here. You're gonna end up in World War three. Just to go into another subject, what they have done to our country by allowing these millions and millions of people to come into our country. And look at what's happening to the towns all over the United States. And a lot of towns don't want to talk to be Aurora or Springfield. A lot of towns don't want to talk about it because they're so embarrassed by it.
Speaker 6: In Springfield, they're.
Speaker 8: Eating the dogs the people that came in. They're eating the cats, they're.
Speaker 3: Eating they're eating.
Speaker 8: The French of the people. And this is what's happening in our country. And it's a shame.
Speaker 3: I Hope said.
Speaker 1: There has been no record at all racism, there's no evidence at all.
Speaker 3: The law enforcement there had said not surely.
Speaker 11: I just want to clarify here. You bring up Springfield, Ohio, and ABC News did reach out to the city manager there. He told us there have been no credible reports of specific claims of pets being harmed, injured, or abused.
Speaker 1: By and the Haitian population have actually bought that sleepy little hand.
Speaker 8: This is the people on television say my dog was taken and used for food. So maybe he said that, and maybe that's a good thing to say for a city manager.
Speaker 5: I'm not taking this from Televisieople.
Speaker 6: Was eaten by the people that went.
Speaker 11: People Again, Springfield City manager says, there's no evidence of that extreme.
Speaker 9: Vice President Harris in your last run for president, cannot do that.
Speaker 12: She should have started over talking there the threat to democracy nowhere.
Speaker 5: We will love to get to lindsay.
Speaker 9: Vice President Harrison, your last run for president, you said you wanted to ban fracking. Now you don't. You wanted mandatory government buyback programs for assault weapons. Now your campaign says you don't. You supported decriminalizing border crossings. Now you're taking a harder line. I know you say that your values have not changed, so then why have so many of your policy positions.
Speaker 10: Changed, So my values have not changed. And I'm going to discuss every one of the at least every point that you've made, but in particular talk about fracking because we're here in Pennsylvania. I made that very.
Speaker 3: Clear on twenty true banned fracking.
Speaker 10: I have not banned fracking vice the United States. And in fact I was the tie breaking vote on the Inflation Reduction Act, which opened.
Speaker 3: New leases for fracking. My wessagare is actually a really point. She didn't say that in diverse.
Speaker 5: She said she was a typebreaker vote, but people didn't know where the boat was. She said she was the tiebreaker. She didn't do the detail. Yeah, because she was saying judge me by what I don't. Don't talk to me about what I said in a campaign, And in four years I've been there. I was a tie breaking vote raised.
Speaker 10: By a hard working mother who worked and saved and was able to buy our first home when I was a teenager. The values I bring to the importance of home ownership, knowing not everybody got handed four hundred million dollars on a silver platter and then filed.
Speaker 3: I like to say we.
Speaker 10: Are going to bring sector and home builders what I want to three million homes increased by three million homes by the end of my first term. My work that is related to having a friend when I was in high school who was sexually assaulted by her stepfather, and my focus then protecting women and children from violent crime is based on a value that is deeply grounded in the standing.
Speaker 5: This is on her switches her vote, but she but she is in her own way with with question. I feel like she is only in that she's telling a story with each one, which is what makes the difference to a listener. If you're the viewer, it's not going to be her life. Technically, my opinion changed on this. She's telling us story.
Speaker 3: Of your favor from you and you would answer I did very quickly.
Speaker 5: You hit it on the top.
Speaker 3: I think she did.
Speaker 5: But the question was just.
Speaker 8: I wish I was.
Speaker 6: My father was a Brooklyn build of Brooklyn.
Speaker 4: Queens at a KKK rally BIS.
Speaker 6: But I was given a fraction.
Speaker 8: And it built it into many, many billions of dollars, many.
Speaker 3: Many at her.
Speaker 4: That's my favorite face. She makes it get.
Speaker 8: Defund the police. She was big on defund the police in Minnesota. She went out, I'm talking now.
Speaker 5: Oh, but but you can talk when she's talking.
Speaker 3: In the police.
Speaker 8: She went out, she went out, killed people that burned down Minneapolis. She went out and raise money to get him out of jail. She did things that she wants to do. We need two things. We need walls, we need and we have to have it. We have to have borders, and we have to have good elections. Our elections are bad. And a lot of these illegal immigrants coming in, they're trying to get them to vote. They can't even speak English, they don't even know what country they're in, practically, and these people are trying to get them to vote, and that's why they're allowing them to come into our country.
Speaker 11: I did watch all of these pieces of video. I didn't detect the sarcasm lost by Whisker. We didn't quite make it. And we should just point out here as clarification. And you know this, you and your allies sixty cases in front of many judges.
Speaker 8: Many of them judge looked at it, and so they said we didn't have standing. That's the other thing they said, we didn't have standing a technicality. Can you imagine a system where a person in an election doesn't have standing. The President of the United States doesn't have standing. That's how we lost. If you look at the facts and love them, if you'll do a special on it, I'll show you Georgia, and I'll show you Wisconson, and I'll show you Pennsylvania.
Speaker 6: And we have so many factors.
Speaker 4: All right, I'd love to get into.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want all to know that Angela was screaming. We have heard he cannot hear you. I won't say what you were screaming. I was. I was cussing a little bit, Ellie. Can you hear us?
Speaker 6: You were just hear you?
Speaker 4: Okay, perfect, well, you can hear Ellie, I can hear him.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I was chewing.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was about to say, we saw you doing all types of sign language.
Speaker 3: It looks like you was in the Kendrick Lamar video.
Speaker 13: But I want to I was like, but here's my question, I can't. There was a point, Ellie in that in that.
Speaker 4: Whatever he was doing, that diatribe from Trump where he talked about standing and the fact that he should have had standing, because they were all places.
Speaker 3: I want you to talk about that for a few seconds. And I want to get into y'all's overall reaction to this. First, was it an hour? It yeah?
Speaker 12: Itess that's number one, just very quickly.
Speaker 6: On the cases, No, he lost sixty cases. He's the most losing. He has the worst record of any president in American history in terms of cases in front of courts. And most of those cases were actually on the merits. They weren't on merr standing. There were a couple of cases where they said on standing he didn't have the right to sue, But there were more than enough cases where they said, you have the right to sue. You just wrong and stupid and need to get that case out my courtroom. So like he was lying about that. In terms of my overall impressions, I can't just from a technical excellence standpoint, I cannot emphasize how well Harris is doing. And I just want to highlight one particular section. Trump got the question on immigration, right, Trump only wants to talk about immigration, He only wants to demonize immigrants. He's been doing it all night. Right, when Harris got the immigration question, what did she lead with? It wasn't immigrants. It was that joke about his rallies about how people are bored and exhausted at his rallies. Right now, that's a sweet disc but it was technically proficient because what happened exactly next when it went back to Trump. Harris, knowing that Trump is a narcissistic weak man, Trump stepped on his own answer about immigration to defend his dumbass rallies, and so he wasted half of his time talking about immigration, which is his signature issue, defending his rallies. And by the time his like old brain caught up to remember that he was spoke to talk about immigration, all you got to do is oh, then and they eat and they're eating dogs. And so she got him so flustered that he went from defending his rallies to an online only Internet Mimi joke and then got into a fight with the moderator over where they're eating dogs?
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 6: That's that that that looks like trumpet very bad. But give Harris her flowers. She set him up for that. She led him to that like a horse to water, and he and he bathed himself in it.
Speaker 3: Let me let me jim, I want to go to you really quick. We want to go to you really quick.
Speaker 4: Jay. If you had to pick who won that first hour and tell us why.
Speaker 3: I agree with what Ellie said.
Speaker 7: The thing is, you got to see this like a boxing match, right, And so what boxers do often is that they bait you into throwing set up punches so that they can really clabber you and clock you in your face. And so as soon as she came after the rallies, I knew, I was like, it's all, he's not gonna be able to resist because it just strikes at all his narcissism and his ego to talk about his low crowds. And he took it like never before, and she was over there laughing. All I know is that my general impression of this is that we have one person who is a professional and understands the duties and the roles of the duty and role of the president and realize that this is a very important position. And it's a cloud like I don't even know what to do with that rambling mess of an answer or any of his answers. The fact that he repeated that pet eating story.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, Yeah, why would you repeat that?
Speaker 7: But I will say this, and this is my final thought about it, is we have to realize that these debates, I think they moved the need to only a certain amount. The reality is he's speaking to his people, his base.
Speaker 2: I don't think Trump.
Speaker 7: Can add any more voters. I think the people who are voting for him are going for him. She has the opportunity to convince people who our guests are undecided, are still like I don't know if I want the crazy pet eating guy or the one who actually acts like a professional politician.
Speaker 3: She has the opportunity to add those people.
Speaker 7: So I don't think we keep waiting on this day that people are going.
Speaker 3: To support him.
Speaker 7: Are going to wait for somebody.
Speaker 3: Back so the babe, but we'll see you on an ex commert That was great.
Speaker 11: I want to move on now to race and politics in this country, mister president. You recently said a Vice president Harris quote, I didn't know she was black until a number of years ago when she happened to turn black, and now she wants to be known as black. I want to ask a bigger picture question here tonight. Why do you believe it's appropriate to weigh in on the racial identity of your opponent.
Speaker 8: I don't and I don't care.
Speaker 5: I don't care what she is.
Speaker 3: I don't care, I don't care which she is or something.
Speaker 8: I couldn't care less. Whatever she wants to be is okay with me?
Speaker 3: See those were your works.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't know. I mean, all I can say is I read where she was not black, the block that she put out and let her respond.
Speaker 3: To this and put it to Rich respond answer.
Speaker 1: You like I'm gonna catch you out.
Speaker 10: I think it's I mean, I don't do it tragedy that we have someone who wants to be president, who has consistently, over the course of his career, attempted to use race to divide the American people. You know, I do believe that the vast majority of just know that we have so much more in common than what separates us, and we don't want.
Speaker 3: This is answer approach that's constantly.
Speaker 10: Trying to divide us, and especially by race. And how Donald Trump started.
Speaker 3: He was a.
Speaker 10: Reality land he owned land, he owned buildings, and he was investigated because he refused to rent property to black families. Let's remember this is the same individual who took out a full page in The New York Times calling to the execution of five young black and Latino boys who were innocent. The Central Park five took out a full page ad calling for their execution. This is the same individual who spread birth or lives about the first black president of.
Speaker 3: The United States.
Speaker 10: And I think the American people want better than that, want better than this.
Speaker 3: Yes, want someone.
Speaker 10: Who understands what we see in each other, a friend, we see in each other, a neighbor. We don't want a leader who is constantly trying to have Americans point their fingers at each other.
Speaker 3: I meet with.
Speaker 10: People all the time who tell me, can we please just have discourse about how we're going to invest in the aspirations and the ambitions and the dreams of the American people, knowing that regardless of people's color or the language their grandmother speaks, we all have the same dreams and aspirations and want a president who invests in those, not in hate and division.
Speaker 11: Vice President Harris, thank you, Lindsey.
Speaker 9: President Trump, this is now your third time.
Speaker 8: No, this is the most divisive presidency in the history of Why is he Why does.
Speaker 3: He not have to follow the rules? Let's turn the page.
Speaker 5: Vice President Harris, thank you. Let's to the police and them him every time they're telling her we have to move on or anywhere else.
Speaker 10: Okay, that's what her plan is, something that I need to respect.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry, we're gon, We're gonna move on. This is now your third time running for presidents in the long value people and replace the alternative here act as it in Trump, This is now your third time running for president. You have long vowed to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare. You have failed to accomplish that. You now say you're going to keep Obamacare quote unless we can do something much better. Last month you said, quote, we're working on it. So tonight, nine years after you first started running, do you have a plan and can you tell us what it is?
Speaker 8: Obamacare was lousy, healthcare always was. It's not very good today. And what I said that if we come up with something, and we are working on things, we're going to do it, and we're going to replace it. If we can come up with a plan that's going to cost our people, our population less money and be better healthcare than Obamacare, then I would absolutely do it. But until then I'd run it as good as it can be run.
Speaker 3: So just yes or no.
Speaker 9: You still do not have a plan.
Speaker 8: I have concepts of a plan. I'm not president. We come up with something. I would only change it if we come up with something that's.
Speaker 3: She should say.
Speaker 4: He has a pro.
Speaker 3: This is his version of and we meet, medigate.
Speaker 5: You'll hear it, not.
Speaker 8: To a distant future.
Speaker 5: We're back.
Speaker 3: I don't have a ear piece.
Speaker 5: I can't hear.
Speaker 3: Well, we're back. We're back. Here you hear us? Good?
Speaker 5: Good, Hey man, listen. First of all, I'm about to lose all of my ish with these moderators at this point, seeming to only be able to regulate one of the candidates on the stage, Kamala has not taken advantage of the time. She has been extremely patient. I'm sorry, the vice president has been extremely patient. What the hell is going on with that? I mean, don't waste your time, jimill and ell on that. But but I'm frustrated by it because I was like cheering for them when they were fact checking, but not it seems that they are running over her when she's trying to defend her position and misstatements. Yet they keep turning his goddamn mic on.
Speaker 3: That's annoying.
Speaker 6: I agree with that.
Speaker 7: I think like they have let him get the last word way too many times. Yeah, like it's it's been a little frustrating, I think as a viewer, but you know, I try not to be too hard on it because listen, it's easy to armchair quarterback like being.
Speaker 3: In that position.
Speaker 7: He's a unique type of candidate because he just goes and goes and goes.
Speaker 3: But they definitely should have cut his mic.
Speaker 6: I was counting, I was counting in that last middle segment he got. They let him have the last word on every single question, and that's just bad moderating turning his mic back on. I think he is just screaming because what Harris is showing is that he is a giant baby. I mean, he is like the level at which this debate has turned into competent black woman must deal with idiot.
Speaker 3: Colleague at yes.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think like the black women here must feel some connection with what Harris is having to go through tonight, right as Trump just devolves into his old man screams at clouds kind of phase of life.
Speaker 8: Right now.
Speaker 6: One of the tweets I saw that was the best was evidently Harris supports abortion for seventy eight year old babies, because that that is what's my god.
Speaker 3: They were like they were like speaking speaking of execution.
Speaker 4: I will say this, you guys, I know that we are being hard on the moderators, and I will say, all I'm really asking for is an enforcement of the rules.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: One of the things that we talked about in the beginning of our show was, hey, let's be very clear about what the rules are. We were actually, I think torn on our on our debate show, our pre debate show, we talked about how it was going to go about them not muting the mics. We thought are about muting the mics, and thought that maybe not muting the mikes would be.
Speaker 3: More advantageous for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 4: If they're going to turn on the mics when Donald Trump starts to speak, no matter what's going on, right, then they really in effect the rules, That's right. And I just think for someone who is diplomatic, someone who is respectful, as she's demonstrated clear respect for him, this man has not even set her damn name tonight.
Speaker 3: He hasn't said mad Vice president. He's calling her her boss, right.
Speaker 4: Like all of the things, my favorite moment from Kamalia Hairs where I felt like, as you would say, Jamel, she kept that same energy is when she said and this is not what we want them.
Speaker 5: She called them this, but it looks like we can do better than it was.
Speaker 6: It was also the pregnant pause, right that this yes, yeah, president right. You could tell that she was like this fool, yes, yeah, this dis embarrassment.
Speaker 5: We turned to We turned to technicalities a little bit here, because on the substance of it all, she is walking the damn doll, yes all across that stage. He's not. They're not in the same universe as far as I can tell when it comes to the facts of the matter, and both of you all, I think analyzed it perfectly in the first break where you had to note that this isn't just his incompetence and inability. This was her brilliant planning on how it is to trap this guy. At every single turn, she has dangled the mysterious fruit and he's chased it every single time and he ain't calling.
Speaker 3: But Andrew though.
Speaker 7: Here's what I worry about, though, is that, listen, I was one of those who thought al Gore.
Speaker 6: White, George W.
Speaker 7: Bush, And what I worry about is that people won't appreciate the nuance of what they're seeing. Do you think that the if you want to say and go with the lie that we got a bunch of independent voters out there to right. Do you think the average person kind of understands what.
Speaker 5: What I hope is is that the average person knows what competent and incompetent are. The fact that the guy I think they're coming back.
Speaker 3: So we got to we want to thank you. We know that this is shout out to an early spoiler alert. Jamel is gonna have a podcast on this network. We got to go.
Speaker 5: Around, buddy, chick around.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll see y'all at next break.
Speaker 2: Well, come, well, come, well, come welcome, well, come welcome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as you guys know, we had a break near the end, and we are straight out back into our programming. This is our post debate analysis. We are bringing in our good sister, Aaron Haynes. She is a writer at the Nineteenth.
Speaker 3: She runs a podcast called The amend Man. You better pick that phone, getting ready to go? You hear them bars, I heard it. So here's the Aaron, don't do me, don't do me. But here's the with this.
Speaker 4: That means he's feeling ready, he's feeling progging about to live. So here's the thing. I want to to do a little wrap around real quick. Unless grade are the candidates who are on the stage as well as the moderators.
Speaker 3: Aaron, we're bringing it to.
Speaker 4: You first because you're just now joining us. Of course, the hosts will also engage in this wrap around. So what how do you Yes, we're absolutely going to bring in our listeners, our YouTube commentars.
Speaker 3: The comments are on fire on YouTube right now. Aaron, what say you?
Speaker 4: Who won the debate and how do you grade Trump, Kamala and the moderators?
Speaker 3: Oh? I like that?
Speaker 14: Okay, So first and foremost the moderators, and by way of the moderators, the American people won tonight because they actually had a debate where issues and policies were discussed and you got a sense for who these two candidates were, which is supposed to be the point of a debate. But I can't remember the last debate that was so well. Moderator, I mean you talk about David Muir and Lindsey, I mean fact checking these candidates in real time like that is what is supposed to happen so that the American people can be informed and make the decision that they need to make. In fifty six days, right, So I give them operators of a plus plus.
Speaker 3: I thought that they did a masterful job.
Speaker 14: Now, in terms of Vice President Harris, I thought that she did what she came to do tonight, which was to introduce herself and address the American people directly, and then to make the case against former President Donald Trump, who she addressed and took on directly.
Speaker 3: I had to say that out loud. Sorry, sorry, that.
Speaker 1: Beans, And they're telling me to be quiet with the bag and tell her I tempt her. Sorry in the middle, you're William listen, it was.
Speaker 14: I mean, first of all, that debate was more than ninety minutes, so I mean I think we all needed snacks, so I don't blame you.
Speaker 3: It's okay. We love jelly beans. I wish I had some, but no, like, she did what she came to do.
Speaker 14: Meanwhile, you have former President Trump, who really took the bait. It felt like on multiple occasions where she was not taking the bait at all, he didn't really look at her very much. I think that was probably a strategy. And then also at one point I kind of found myself wondering, is is this debate uh Trump versus Harris or Trump versus David Muir, because that seems to be the only person he was interested in talking to tonight.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, they're clear. You gave the moderators a plus plus.
Speaker 14: Kamala Harris, I would, I would say she probably gets a solid A.
Speaker 3: And I would I would.
Speaker 14: Say, I would, I mean, I guess it depends on what he thought the assignment was. You know, you about the assignment your standards, I would, I would say, uh that uh, it was, it was. It was probably a failing grade because there was no policy plan for the American people. He spent a lot more time attacking her than he did telling the American people what he would do.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 14: And and of course there were a lot of falsehoods happening throughout.
Speaker 3: The night, a lot we disagree on them.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked because we have different opinions on the moderators. Ellie, I'm curious to hear your opinion moderators Trump and Kamala or Vice President Harris.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, what do you say?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I'll starry the moderators will give them a B maybe a B plus. I'm a little bit of a tough grader. I do agree that you know, especially Lindsay in the beginning of BacT checking him on the abortion lie I thought was particularly important. You're going back and forth with him on exactly who might be eating pets where also quite useful. But as I was saying in the last segment, they at it's almost like Trump wore them down right, and like as the debate went on, I think they let him talk more. They let him get the last word for every single question from the midway point on, just because he was shouting so much. And so I just think that they you know, it takes a lot of stamina to contend with Trump for ninety minutes, and I and I and I don't know that the moderators had it. So that's why I'm kind of giving them a B B plus range. Harris gets an A plus because she had the stamina, right she she she never lost her her edge, honestly, And I know I'm a little bit biased here because not just because I'm a Democrat, but because like, really competent women is kind of my thing, Like he like, I think that was the best presidential debate to form performance I've seen in my life. Like I like, just in terms of the degree of difficulty of debating, You're debating a circus clown. All right, She's uh coming in end of the campaign. She has to deal with the Biden PTSD disaster. She she's got to be both dismissive of his foolery but serious about his the danger of the threat. And that is a line both laughing at literally laughing at him when he's making no sense, but also reinforcing and rehighlighting how uniquely dangerous he is to the American people, while also setting yourself as the new charismatic, energetic I literally she called he calls her Joe Biden. She says, actually, I'm here to bring a new generation of leadership. To do that all in ninety minutes without ever getting the last word. I think that's an A. I think that was a. The degree of good difficulty was hi, That is Greg lugamis off of some kind of high board, you know, no splash, right, So I think she gets an A for Trump like Aaron like. It depends on what you thought the assignment was. It depends on what he was actually trying to do.
Speaker 5: So put yourself in put yourself in the mind of a If you think he was there to perform a job rank him against that.
Speaker 6: So let me try to take away all of my empathy and knowledge and pretend that I'm a mago voter, right, So like, let me try to understand what it's like to like only be able to breathe through my mouth and never have read a book. If I think about it that way, I give the president a C. Because even if I'm that kind of maga person, I want I want to see him jugilistic and combative, and I want to see him funny and entertaining. And he wasn't those things. He was combative towards the moderators, not to Harris. He wasn't funny in any way. He wasn't entertaining in anyway. He didn't really have any great one liners, and he just him right, and he seemed more whiny right than anything else. And so at the end, I think, you know, his worst line in the Night that again Harris kind of baited him into, was when you know the moat, sorry, when the moderators bade him into was when they were asking him about his healthcare plan that he's had nine years to come up with, and he's like, I have the concepts of a plan yeah, like even for MAGA voters, right, it's like, well, no, you either have a plan or you don't. You don't care. I have the concepts of a plan. Man. That sounds like something a weak ass professor might say. Right, So, like I think, even on Maga's own scorecard, I can't I can't give him more than a seat here anything.
Speaker 4: This is so hard to have really smart people on because what y'all not gonna do is rapid respond. I love you for you, like I have, I have an answer, but with context, we have cont an answer you context, I'm gonna tell you. I just want to shout out the comments or on YouTube who said that Trump gets a Z minus as I thought it was hilarious, z as in Zebra didn't understand for me. I give the moderators B minus. I was really disturbed by the way in which the rules were not enforced. I just am somebody that believes injustice. It is like my quirk. It is a trigger frustrating. I give Kamala Harris an a minus and on on the border of a B plus because I think that there could have been some sharper, harder blows when when he said he had a concept of a plan. She should have said, no, Donald, you have a plan. It's called Project twenty twenty five. I just wanted some of.
Speaker 3: Those zings tap in.
Speaker 4: If he gets to start shouting on the mic, shout right back, this is your moment, and he had her beat on Time Prime.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, you just said they're supposed to follow the rules. Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 4: The moment that he decides that he's going to break the rules and he does it three four five six, meet him where he's at, disturb it.
Speaker 3: And you saw that she got under.
Speaker 4: His skin when he said hey, I'm speaking, Hey, quite over there, and all that you're under his skin. Keep getting under his skin so he cannot focus. The last thing is Donald Trump. I agree with the z minus, but I would say he was effective at doing what Donald Trump does. He distracted, he destroyed facts, he came at her, there were personal attacks, and I'm sure from a strategic standpoint from his campaign, it was a strategy, Aaron, to your point to not look at Kamala, and it was a strategy to not call her, madame vice president, to not call her vice president, to not call her, you know, Harris, to not call her Kamala. He did not ever say a single name about Kamala. He said her, he said she, he said her boss.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And she afforded him the respect of addressing him right exactly.
Speaker 3: Right. She is.
Speaker 1: Certainly deserving of being addressed as Vice President Harris, and I think it was very intentional of him not to do that. Look, I will give I'll start with Donald Trump. I'll give him an a plus. And I say that because it really doesn't matter to his followers. They are they lack any kind of intellectual curiosity. I won't go as far as Ellie said mouth breathers, because there are some mouth breathers on the other side. But look, I think that he there was nothing that he could have done that was going to detract from people who are.
Speaker 3: Hopelessly devoted to him.
Speaker 1: In the words of Olivia Newton John Like, there literally was nothing that he could do or say. So he did what he came to do, and that is to keep a large amount, at least seventy five million people of this country devoted to the Maga cult. I'll give Vice President Harris, I'll give her an a minus. I kind of echo Angelo's sentiment where I think there were some zingers that she could have hit harder. However, I do take into a consideration the fact that, like I said, when she's speaking, she's addressing the globe, she is speaking to world leaders across this country. She's speaking to very serious people. I think Andrew made a good point. I'm stealing it for myself, but it was originally Andrew's point that he said when we were off camera, and that was that she was really speaking to a lot of moderate voters out there, people who are looking to give themselves permission. And by bringing up the Taliban coming meeting at Camp David, which I remember that being such a huge deal in the news and we totally forgot about it. And as you know a journalist are and I'm sure you can appreciate this, trying to cover his administration was like trying to catch confetti. You literally could not cover all the scandals. So it was a great reminder of the people of who this man is. I thought the moderators I would give them.
Speaker 3: A B minus.
Speaker 1: I thought, to Angela's point, they were letting him get away with murder.
Speaker 3: I mean, he got way more talking time.
Speaker 1: I think though that was actually a benefit to Harris, You know, like, let this man ramble on like a half witted, asinine fool that he is, and let the American people see and look at yourself in the mirror America, and force yourself to confront this is the man who you put in office. Will you do that same dumb shit again? And I hope their answer is no, absolutely not not after what they said, Andrew, I know you want to get to it. Can I just offer a little bit of fact, factual context for the Springfield comments. Haitian A large number of Haitians moved to Springfield, Ohio and breathed life back into that sleepy town. It was job opportunity, but also they spurred the economy there. They are not here illegally, they are here under the banner of TPS Temporary protected status because of the earthquake and the political dismay everything that was happening in Haiti.
Speaker 3: They actually spurred an economic boom in this town.
Speaker 1: So this incredibly racist attack from jd Vance that was based in nothing but other racist rhetoric coming from the bowels of the Internet is not only embarrassing, it is inaccurate, and it is rooted in white supremacy.
Speaker 3: And I wish that.
Speaker 1: The moderators had called that out more forcibly, even though they did, but I wish they had called that out and actually cited the benefits that spring h Field, Ohio has gotten because of the Haitian population there. There is no reports of any pets being consumed for crying out loud, and it is embarrassment that this is something that had to be talked about, not on the national stage, but the global stage.
Speaker 5: Andrew, all the insights have been great, and I know we are wrapping up y'all. The listening audience and so on. Has been a long night, and I thanked our guest host I just want to thank the guest hosts for their contributions to night. All right, the moderators. I started as a fan because the fact checking that we don't often hear in these debates. I started there. But as Trump again continued to sort of, you know, trample over them. You know, Ellie used the words stamina. You know they had it. But part of your job is to come prepared to sustain for ninety minutes plus is what it was, and stick to the order of the day. They had no problem sticking to the order of the day when it came to Kamala Harris cutting her off, moving pushing right past her. And what my fear was is that it could give the impression that she was somebody who could be run through. And that was also my concern with when Trump was very dismissive of her, where she would sort of make a facial expression, but her words were inaudible, so you couldn't really get a feel for what the pushback was. Now, I think on the whole, she absolutely showed that she is more than to the task of standing up to him and standing far above, far above him. Trump doesn't get a passing grade at all, in part because I don't even believe that he gave anything for his people to hang their hat on. What do they say tomorrow when they go to work or around the water cooler or whatever it is about his performance. Oh, he really socked it to her and was insulting and didn't call their names. And sure, there are a lot of people in America who know men just like Donald Trump. White men who won cannot stand to look at it woman other than when it is to their benefit, and certainly don't want to have an intelligent conversation with a woman, which is why to the point he only seemed to want to engage with David. The other two women that were present in that room were both black women, and it is no accident that he treated them the way that he did. But I just don't think that he did enough for people to hang their hat on and say, oh, this is why this is my guy. As you've already said, Tifany, the people who are for him are going to be for him. There's no changing of that mind. Now. If there is a true moderate that remains out there today who watched this debate and is still him humming about which would be the best representative of who we are, to hell with you if that is still a consideration at this point, because that should have first of all, should not have existed for a long time. But if that's still where you are, just stay home. But for those of us who care about the future, our kids, our families, what matters, man, Please, There's just no competition. They were not in the same stratosphere. And as it relates to Kamala just on I said she got a passing grape. But I just want to say, there was so much subtext, strategy, brilliance and what she was able to pull off tonight, and it was no accident that he was baited. She didn't bait him once he was on his talking points. They weren't compelling talking points. But in the early part of the debate, for the first couple of minutes, he thought he was going to do with her what he did with Biden, which was basically complete a sentence. And when she got under his skin, the whole goddamn plan fell apart. And that's why he couldn't keep a congruent thought going. That's why he's reaching out left and right, trying to find something that he can say, and it became a game of insults. He passes, he and fails, and the moderators are somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 6: Well, here's the lawyer's baby. Lawyers, I mean, like, let's remember, this is a woman who's prosecutorial experience. I think you saw that, like that prosecutorial ability to keep facts and figures in your head while also keeping argument streams in your head, while also knowing how to bait the witness, how to get under the witness's skin, knowing how to set the witness up to say what you need them to say, so you can ask your next question. That's lawyers by training. Represent This went.
Speaker 3: On all day long.
Speaker 14: This started long before they ever took a station, long before she had a drone.
Speaker 3: You know, Si I met the museum.
Speaker 14: She had an ad that ran first thing in the morning on crowd size. So when you by the time you get to nine pm Eastern at the National Constitution Center, like you have already started messing with him.
Speaker 3: Scaramouchi, you know, ends up coming down to Philadelphia.
Speaker 14: Like the trolling began early, it went throughout the day, and it continued on the debate stage.
Speaker 3: I think to effect somebody we.
Speaker 1: Did the shout out tonight who I'd like to shout out, and that is the makeup artist who did Donald Trump's makeup. I wonder how they because it kind of matched my complexion. And it's just interesting that he's talking so negatively about people of color before and he tried so hard to look like them with their hue. I know it's petty, I know it's not policy, but I'm pointing it out anyway because I noticed it and he looks ridiculous. But I do like the foundation color.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the lawyers Angela that Ellie gave you a shout out.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the lawyers.
Speaker 4: This has been extraordinarily important and fantastic. The one thing that I forgot to say in my grades is that one of the reasons why I doctor Kamala Harris a little bit is in her closing remarks she should have pointed people to her website where they could learn more about her plan, and she certainly should have reminded folks when election day is. And like welcoming the man, she was so strong about her theme throughout was super super important. She was clear was presidential. But again we talked about at the beginning of the show, the hurdle is so much taller for all of us, and so to that end, we know that there's plenty more to talk about. I know you guys are gonna be on the trail following this. Ellie and Aaron, we are so so grateful for y'all's time tonight. Thank you so much, and definitely to Jamal as well, who joined us earlier in the program. We're gonna be following y'all, Ellie and Aaron shout out where people can see y'all on social.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I am at a marvelous on Instagram that she won't change her handle.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna do this. Let's stay all mesty. Can we meet Angela? No, I'm gonna be down meet her Mike please because she won't change her And I'm Aaron.
Speaker 14: Haynes at Aaron Haynes on Twitter because Angela made me.
Speaker 4: Thank you Ellie on Twitter.
Speaker 6: That's E L I E N y C. And I write for The Nation magazine where I write like multiple times a week and you can like read me and stuff, which is would great selling.
Speaker 3: New York Times best selling book.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got some bucks. I got some bucks. That's also happening.
Speaker 3: I love the way you put things. When are we where? They? Can they follow us next? I don't even know that. I just got here, guys, I don't know the plan. Major Kier. We will be live.
Speaker 4: At the Congressional Black August Foundation and your Legislative Conference this week. It looks like on Saturday, so say stay tuned our social at Native Lampire. I think we're doing the pre game of the dinner. So we're going to be the only, the only, the only act in town.
Speaker 3: What about dinner? Where are we having that you you are the means we have this nonsense, No we go, We keep the listeners for a minute.
Speaker 4: If y'all have ideas for DC dinner, let us know where we should go eat.
Speaker 3: I want to support chef Karme. You can't get in there if you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have you know, not him but the his you know Alexanders.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're still on air, but yes, anyway, Alien Aaron are out and we are not doing a live episode. I mean a regular scheduled episode this week because we'll be at ALC.
Speaker 1: But the people who haven't watched can watch this tomorrow, Thursday, Friday, and now.
Speaker 3: Your friends share it, clip it, do all the things.
Speaker 5: We're here because of y'all. You said be here and like Avengers.
Speaker 3: Yes we showed up. But also remember that the live comments go away. Yeah yeah hit So please wait. I wish I know because I love I've been reading.
Speaker 1: I think I've read every single comment, so I love y'all for weighing in, but please be sure to drop a comment. Let us know, because I go back and look at the comments and share it so we The more that you all watch and tune in, the more that we can do this.
Speaker 3: Someone.
Speaker 5: They felt like she didn't do anything to appeal to black men directly, and I think that's just a point that we should lift up.
Speaker 3: I think that's on the moderators.
Speaker 4: What question did they ask to help that would allow her to address best partially?
Speaker 3: But she got to answer the question that she wants to answer. So I think that's what.
Speaker 1: I look black men. I don't want you all to feel ignored or unhurt, or unappreciated or underappreciated. So I think if that's how you felt that, please look at her policy. But this is my point because when people say when we were on with Leonard and he was like, you know, some of his listeners say this, it's like, guys, some of this is on you. Like her policy is up, you have to go look and connect that policy to yourself. These candidates are crisscrossing the country, they're doing rallies, like it's going to be hard for somebody to come knock on your door, in your face and say, hey, here's what I'm doing for you. We have to, uh, you know, it's kind of the rent we pay for living here to take an active participating role in this here democratic.
Speaker 5: And to the credits. They actually have done very specific events. There was a call actually with barbershops, beauty salon folks with Tina Knowles and Yea of the campaign as well. But but I also think I didn't hear her individually call out black women either, which, by the way, I only say that to let me just yes, as I finished the point. The point is is that she didn't necessarily have to name check us. I saw myself reflected and the vision that she tried to describe for what she wants to see happen should she be honored with y'all's vote, our vote to become the next president of the United States. And I've got no doubt that she is extremely clear about where the bread is buttered.
Speaker 4: And here in speaking of bread being buttered, we got some bread to butter throughout the rest of this week in a busy week at that. But before we end the show, I want to remind you all to please make sure you leave us a review and subscribe to Native lampod. We are available on all platforms and YouTube which are where this live stream is taking place. New episode drop every single Thursday. You can also follow us on social media. We are your hosts Angela Ry, Tiffany Krost, Andrew gillim and we want to shout out again. We want to shout out again our guests. There are fifty six days until election day.
Speaker 3: Welcome home to y'all. What is your problem? I just want to know. We're going to talk about that her all right now.
Speaker 4: If they had suggestions, send us to them on social media. Keep the conversation when we believe that y'all are still so engaged on the stream, keep the conversation going on social and please tell Tiffany where she's taking me to dinner twice this week if I want.
Speaker 3: To debate that Andrew she did. They're doing what's called eating crow.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna eat crow, but I want to eat some good places to go Black Owner, Marylyn and Virginia, we're not doing that.
Speaker 3: I'm a winner, they're a loser. I'm a winner, they're a loser.
Speaker 5: Welcome home, Welcome.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining the Natives, attention to what the info and all of the latest redgulum and cross the negative to the statements that you leave on our socials. Thank you sincerely for the patients. Reason for your choice is clear. So grateful to execute roles.
Speaker 6: For serve, defend and.
Speaker 2: Protect the truth past and will walk a home to all of the natives. We thank you.
Speaker 3: Welcome home.
Speaker 1: Native Land Pod is a production of iHeartRadio in partnership with Recent Choice Media. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.