Speaker 1: Welcome back everyone. As you know, season two has premiered and there's so much going on. Thankfully I have my friend and co star on with me today, Janet, so we can support each other through this madness. Yay, Hi, how you doing it good?
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me. I'm so excited me too.
Speaker 1: I really wanted to have you first because I feel like we've grown closest to each other totally.
Speaker 2: We've had to survive together through the madness.
Speaker 1: But did you ever think that?
Speaker 2: Honestly, no, You and I, I feel like, are so different in so many ways, like just with I don't know how we live and we're I don't know. We're very very opposite in so many ways. But I also feel like we're so similar about like our core values, you know what I mean. Like our lifestyles are very different, Like I love junk food. You're like always eating like salmon and broncoli and like stuff like that. But we together, I feel like when it comes down to like the really important stuff, I feel like we have a lot in common.
Speaker 1: I agree we're we have we're like black and white to each other, or we call each other.
Speaker 2: Out right one hundred percent. It's I feel like, there's definitely been times I love that about you too. Is that like if something's going on, if you're like I'm gonna send a text and say this, I'm like, don't do that, or it feels I'd be like a screech out of something like Okay, you had me until you said this, and like maybe you shouldn't have said this, and vice versa. But like, yeah, I feel like we do keep each other in check with things. But then also like if I like there's times where I'm like, oh my god, the only person who's gonna get how annoying this is this, Michelle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do talk to each other quite a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're an early bird like me. We were up this morning at like six in the morning texting about stuff, and I'm like, you're the only other person I feel like that's up like at the crack of dawn. Yeah, mostly because Isabella is keeping you up at the crack of dawn.
Speaker 1: So who's the first person that you call when you watch the episodes?
Speaker 2: Probably you?
Speaker 1: I think it's definitely you. I'm like, I need to get your feedback. I would need to get your commentary, right, Like, I actually like that about us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I Jason's good with that too. But normally, I feel like we normally get stuff when it's like the workday and he's like, i'll watch it later, and I'm like I can't wait. I'm like I have to watch everything right now. But Jason always gives me like the reasonable like lawyer thing where I'm like, oh my gosh, I can't believe this happened in life and like a show in life. But I feel like he's always gives me like he's like, no, it's not that big of a deal, like calm, you know, he keeps me calm with all of it.
Speaker 1: He'd actually be a great person the text too. Yeah, yeah, I might start texting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, text him. He's great with stuff. He truly is brittany. I feel like his text him a few times with some things and he gives a very good, fair answer most of the time to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me why did you move from Ohio to La? What is that story?
Speaker 2: It's funny. So I have an aunt and uncle who live in La. My uncle's a writer. He's written a bunch of like horror and paranormal. He wrote Paranormal Activity too. He's written a bunch of cool, like horror scary movies he did, like NYPD, Blue, Law and Order, Special Victims Unit, all this stuff. When I was a kid. They don't have kids, So when I was a kid, I would come out here and they would take me to Disneyland, to Universal Studios whatever, like Studio a lot my uncle was working on at the time. He would have like a professional tour where they would drive me around in a golf cart and like show me all the sets and all the stuff. So I would come out here when I was a kid, and I was like, this is so cool, and they would take me to all the tour stuff. But then they would also take me like to the farmer's market with them, and like to cool restaurant like Little Doms and Los Felis is like one of their favorites, and like you know, some of those spots. So they took me to like all the cool touristy stuff as a kid that you want to see, like all the Universal and all that. But then also like I kind of got an idea of what it's really like to live here and like kind of seeing like the culture of la in like you know, like at the farmer's market, you kind of see everybody and kind of how everybody eats here and things like that. So I loved coming out here. When I was a kid. I always got to bring like a friend for spring break and we would, you know, ride our bikes around Los Felis, and like, I just loved it. I loved how warm it was, I loved the beach, and so I always I felt like wanted to be here. But I was born and raised in Ohio. I went to college in Ohio. I got married right after college in Ohio to somebody who also born and raised in Ohio, so it never seemed kind of practical to actually move out here. And I was always kind of like, I don't know, scared or felt like, oh, I you know, I can't move to Los Angeles. It's too expensive and what would I do out there. And when I was married back in Ohio, things you know, started kind of falling apart. We got married when.
Speaker 1: We were I was going to say, how old were you?
Speaker 2: I think I was twenty three when I got married, which I remember at the time thinking like in Ohio everybody kind of gets married young, settles down, has kids young. So I remember thinking, like, you know, that's just what you do. It was just normal at that time. But pretty soon after and he was maybe twenty six when we got married, and so we were really young and pretty quickly after. We were married for about four years together for about four before we got married, and it was I started realizing, like I was figuring out who I was for the first time in my life and figuring out who I wanted to be as an adult, and we started drifting apart. There was obviously a lot you know, you don't get divorced just because, absolutely for no reason. So there was a lot of stuff. And my ex husband is a very nice guy and we're on very friendly terms now, you know, we wish each other a happy birthday, or if I see something or he sees something, you know, pop up about I don't know, a mutual friend or something, will kind of lightly talk. So you know, now I'm like, I wish him nothing but the best. But we had a lot of issues that A lot of it was like just that we were married so young and didn't know what we were doing, didn't know who we were, and so things started kind of falling apart, and I was like, let's why don't we try temporarily to move to California together. So we came out here together in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, early twenty seventeen, we lived in an airbnb and Silver Lake together. We drove across the country together with our cats wow, and moved into a place in silver Lake. And I think I was kind of hoping, like, oh, if we get out of Columbus, Ohio, where we're from and have like a new kind of fresh start, our marriage will come back together. Because I had never wanted to get divorced. That was never an option or something that I thought of. But when we got out here, it was kind of like, oh, it's the same problems we're having, but we also don't have like the support of our friends and family like we do back home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the problems don't go away. No, I learned that myself.
Speaker 2: And I when we were here, I absolutely fell in love with La all over again. I was like, this is where I feel like in my heart I'm supposed to be just you know. Especially silver Lake is such a fun little area, like we would just walk around all the time, and it kind of towards the end of the time we were here, it was kind of like he did his thing. I did my thing. And when we were when it was time to go back, I was like, I want to stay, Like, let's do this. We were both kind of working remotely, so I was like we can, like we can do this, Like we can afford to live out here, we have the time, and he wanted to be back in Ohio where he felt comfortable.
Speaker 1: Oh, he didn't like La.
Speaker 2: He liked it, but he was like, we can visit whenever we want, and I was like, I just want. I also like the Ohio. It's not just that they have winters. It's like for six months, it's like the whole sky is gray, and it's just feels it feels like, honestly, like the colors taken out of the world for a little while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some people don't mind that I could never live in that no type of climate.
Speaker 2: You've never lived in a cold place.
Speaker 1: No, I'm a San Diego and La girl, So I've always had this life, which I love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it really like it affects, like seasonal depression is a very real thing. And I think it's because like when you look around and all you see is like cold and gray for months and months it's like it affects you, you know, really strongly. So when we got back, we moved out here, like I think it was in right after Christmas. We drove across the country, so we were here for like three months at the beginning of the year when it was cold back in Ohio and when we got back it was still cold, and I remember being like, I, this is not for you. Yeah, our marriage is crumbling, We're not happy, we're not in love anymore. And I'm like, I just felt like this is not I kept waking up and feeling like this is not the life I want to wake up to. Every day. I wanted to sleep all the time.
Speaker 1: I just was like, this is my feeling too.
Speaker 2: Happy, like and this is not especially like when you're young, like you're It's like, this can't be the next eighty years of my life. This can't. And you know, we were in marriage counseling. We tried everything for a year before. It was like a year of not good things happening. And I take a lot of blame for that too. My ex husband was you know, neither of us were perfect, but he wasn't a bad guy. Like I really think he's a good person deep down. And after a couple months of being home and things were just horrible. We were like staying separately, trying to kind of hide it from our friends and family that think everything's okay, we're okay, but people could start seeing the CS. I remember we like accidentally butt dialed his mom once when we were in the car screaming at each other about something, and we were like very much like like not telling our families anything that stuff was wrong. So I remember his mom being like, what, like, what is going on? Like that, I heard that whole fight, and this is like I had no idea. You guys were struggling. And I remember after a couple months, it was like starting to warm up in Columbus and summer was around the corner. And I went to my mom's house one day. And I had been avoiding my mom because we're close. She can read me, she knows when stuff's wrong. Yeah, So for like a couple weeks before this, I was like not answering her calls. She lived ten minutes away, I wasn't seeing her, I wasn't letting her come to my house. And finally I just had a full breakdown one day and I showed up at my mom's house and I had lost Like I mean, I was basically like fifteen pounds thinner than I am.
Speaker 1: Now when you're sad, you lose so much much weight. I look at pictures of me from even two three years ago. I was like, I was eating way more. I wasn't doing that much anything different, and I just naturally kept losing weight because I was unhappy.
Speaker 2: Well, I think stress, you're just like always tense, like it just it does like eat away at you. And I remember I showed up at my mom's house and she looked at me and she was like, why are you so skinny? She was like, you look sick? Are you sick? What's wrong? And I was like, can you just listen for a second. I just started bawling and I was like I'm not happy to do and she could not get over how thin I looked, and like she was like like she thought I was going to tell her that like I was dying or something, because she was just like, you look unwell and before she let me tell her like what was going on. My mom lives in like a historic part of our town, so there's all these shops right around her house. So like three doors down from my mom's house is a church and a French restaurant. So my mom and my mom is always at all these places. So she called the owner of the French restaurant. She's like, can you have somebody run down a piece of chocolate cake and a pie? And like she she made me sit there. I say, He's like, she matildaed me, you know, and they tilda when they like make. She was like, eat and then you can talk. And I'm mom did the same thing. I was like, okay, And so I'm like crying into this chocolate cake, just like it must have been the most unattractive thing anybody's ever seen. But I'm just like sobbing into this chocolate cake, just telling my mom, like I've been hiding a lot from you, this is what's been going on, And I mean, I just unloaded on her. I was like, this is the truth, this is what's been happening, this is why I need to get away, this is why we tried to move to La together. And I just told her everything, and I was like, I think I need. I was like, we keep trying to separate, but you know, he doesn't want to actually rent a place here and like fully separate. We had a three story house and so I was staying in the upstairs bedroom. He was staying in our main bedroom.
Speaker 1: Leading the house. I know what that's like.
Speaker 2: Not yeah, and it just wasn't. But we're still seeing each other and we're still fighting and we're still I'm like, I really need a break, and I feel like the only way I will get a break is if I go to California and actually put physical space between us. So I still then My mom was like, you can go for six months. She was like, but that's you need to come back then and work on things. And that was eight years ago. So I went. Right before I had gone to my mom, I had flown out here with my best friend Ali, who you've met, and we went to LA and she helped me find an apartment and I didn't tell anybody that I was doing that. We came out, I think it was Memorial weekend and we came out. I found an apartment to sublease. The next day, I met Sheena at a pool party. She was so nice to me and so welcoming and kind, and she was like one of the only other people that I knew who had gotten divorced, like in her twenties or when she was young, and so we kind of I was like, I'm it's interesting, like you can tell like strangers kind of like the truth, but you don't want to tell like your closest friends and family. So like, I hadn't said the words like I'm getting divorced to anybody other than my best friend Alli at the time. So I told she, and I was like, I'm getting divorced. I just signed a lease here. I was like, I have to go home and pack and tell my family and then I'm coming back out here, and you know what advice And she gave me all of this wonderful advice about like getting divorced and finding yourself again and everything, and we had some other things in common that were really random. So I remember I left that pool party. I was like, Wow, what a crazy experience. Because I knew her from vander Pomp. I had been a Bravo fan for a long time before that, and so I was like, that's so wild. I met Sheena Shee and she gave me divorce advice, and I remember thinking like I'll probably never see her again. And when I moved back out here, she had followed me on Instagram and she was like, you're here, like, let's hang out. And my birthday was like the weekend after I moved out here and I didn't really I knew like three people out here. I had a couple friends.
Speaker 1: Are you listening to yourself? What an incredible story.
Speaker 2: It's wild. I mean I really think, like I believe in the butterfly effect, like one moment of your life can change everything. And I think back like if Allie and I after we signed my sublease, we went to a random bar for brunch and that bartender we were like, where should we go? Is there like a pool we could hang out at? And he was like, the Madria has these epic pool parties. It's free. You can go, like you don't have to know anybody. And I was like, okay, cool.
Speaker 1: So we wandered at the Mandrin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we wandered over there, and that Shina walks in and I'm like, oh my god, that's that girl from vander Pump And it's like, you know, I met Shina that day just because a bartender suggested to us to like go to this random pool. No, they were like, go to the Madria And if you need a cool pool. I got it. So we're sitting there, Shina walks in and I'm like, oh my gosh, like that's crazy, and we get to talking and it's like, if I wouldn't have met Sheena that day, I have no idea what my life would be like now. Like I always joke that if I write a memoir one day, it'll be called I owe my life to Shina. She because she introduced me to Jason. I wouldn't have my baby if it weren't for her, Like obviously I wouldn't have ended up in the Bravo world.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have you. Oh, my friend, you took the first step, I mean, the strength to move from state to state at such a young age and tell yourself and get that divorce like that was I can't even imagine what you went through and how that's tough.
Speaker 2: It was tough, and our divorce, I will say, was the darkest time of my life. And we had a pretty good divorce given like the circumstances, Like we did a disillusion which is available in Ohio where you just agree on everything together. You bring the paperwork to the courts and they sign off on it and we had one meeting basically with lawyers and a judge in an office building, and that was it. And we really didn't fight over a ton of things. Like my ex husband does very well for himself, and he had started a business while we were married, and so I didn't want to touch his business. I didn't want a piece of it. I didn't want him to have to like pay me out. I didn't want him to have to close down his business and like ruin any of his what he had created. I was like, we split, we sold our house, split whatever we made off of it evenly, and both walked away.
Speaker 1: Like see, I think exactly like you, and I feel like I'm the easiest person. I don't want anything. I think everything that we have should be split fifty to fifty and call it a day. It's like, it shouldn't be that difficult.
Speaker 2: It should be easy, but it should. When you get emotions and egos involved, it just becomes something completely different. Unfortunately for a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I just saw a TikTok of this lawyer that I love, and he was like one of the hardest things I had to go through that took years. At the very end, it was like everybody was ready to sign off, and they fought over a toaster and that was the real reason why they couldn't get divorced. And there was like millions of dollars at stake and they wouldn't sign the agreement because one party wanted a toaster. And I'm like, that's how I feel, that's my is going.
Speaker 2: It's when people want to stick it to the other that really like gets it. And I feel like there's a kind of couple different types of divorce. It's either like an angry divorce or a sad divorce. And we had a lot of anger, like in my divorce, so not okay, like and like, but then our anger kind of went away and we both were like sad about it and kind of like after we went to the like lawyer's office and signed our disilusion stuff, he was like, you want to go get breakfast and I was like, I actually would really liked that, and we sat at breakfast together and we cried and we were like. He was like, I wish you the best. I want you to like fall in love again and find happiness, and like I was like, you two like you know, and he's in a happy relationship now as far as I know, I think still, but it's like we got to a point where we like put all the anger aside and like just were able to like mourn the loss of what was love at one point. And I think you'll get there too. I know that there's still like.
Speaker 1: A lot of I honestly have motions. Yeah, Like I'm just mad at how I'm still treated at times, but I'm also sad, like the whole situation is really sad, and I feel sad for Isabella, like I don't want her to see us like this. And there are a lot of times that I still am very quiet about a lot of things because I do think about Isabella, like in the back of my mind. That is why there are reasons why, like I am still private about certain situations totally.
Speaker 2: I mean I can tell I feel like whenever I'm around you and Isabella, if she says something about her dad, You're like, oh, that's nice, Like, oh, that's fun. You had a good day with him, Like you guys did what Oh my gosh, that sounds like, And I'm watching you, and I'm like, she.
Speaker 1: Has no idea how I truly feel about her dad, but I make sure that she knows that, and sometimes she'll ask me, She's like, do you love daddy. I'm like, of course, I love daddy as a friend. Yeah, he will always be my friend, right, That's all she needs to know. She's five years old, there's nothing more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I really do. I know it's hard to see now, but I really do feel like you guys are going to get to a point where you can be like in the same vicinity and it won't feel like this, like weight and anger and stuff. Like, I really do think you guys are going to get to a place where it's a lot better.
Speaker 1: And that's what people say. We're on year what too already so.
Speaker 2: Fresh, Like it takes it takes a lot of time. It was a year or two of pain and depression and anger and a lot of stuff when I was getting divorced. And now, like whenever I see my excesson's very private, but like whenever I see anything that kind of pops up about him or you know, something successful that's going on with his career or whatever, I'm like, good for him. I'm like, and it truly makes me happy inside for him, and like, you know, anything anything in his world, I'm like, oh, that's great, and like I'm like, I don't want him to, you know, have his life or my life defined by our divorce. I want us to be like whatever we grew from from that and it's it was a horrible time for a long time, but it does, it becomes this thing. I think I saw La La talking about it recently where you just like, one day your eyes will open and you'll see it much differently.
Speaker 1: I honestly hope so, and that is my dream, but we'll see.
Speaker 2: Saturday, we came over Jared and I came over and got some pics of Isabella so much.
Speaker 1: Coming over, I was like, I really want a group picture. I don't have anybody to take it, and You're like, I'll do it. I have a nice camera. Yeah. Perfect.
Speaker 2: It was the first time I've used that camera in like five years, so I was like, I actually need to dust this thing off and charge it. So it was a good excuse and those pictures came out so cute. Isabella is so funny and sweet, like she's so goofy every time we see each other, and she's like, hey, poop poop button, and I'm like, hey, I'm trying to poop.
Speaker 1: Her everybody at preschool right now is saying that. I'm like, we don't say those words. And then you say it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, hey, little poop poo butye, you're crazy. She was like she tackled me when she saw me on her birthday. I was like, dang, you're strong girl. She's so sweet her. It was so sweet being a part of that moment, getting to take some good pics and she like, you ended up doing Disneyland for her, right, I.
Speaker 1: Do it every year. I just think it's more intimate.
Speaker 2: It was just the two of you.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, us too. Jesse had her last year on her actual birthday, so we switch off every year. So this year was my year. He saw her the day before and the day after, so April fifteenth, we went to Disneyland Disneyland together and it was sweet because it was like the first time I got to really experience it in her eyes, like, oh, this is what it's like for a five year old to meet a princess. And I didn't. I couldn't make a reservation to get her.
Speaker 2: Hair and princess experience. Yeah. I had never heard about this until you said it. And I remember you being like, who has a contact at Disney.
Speaker 1: I got a guy I didn't know when she told me, She's like, I really want to be a princess at Disneyland. So I kept checking online. I couldn't make a reservation. As soon as we walked in, I went straight to the castle. I'm like, can you please take walk ins? And they're like check an hour. We're completely booked for the day. So I was just a crazy person going every hour and I'm like, please, it's my daughter's birthday, like anything. And finally, at like one o'clock, somebody's like we can squeeze her in. I'm like, thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Mom thing you're such a good mom. But it's like these moments that it's like, you know, what does a good mom mean? And it's like it's the mom that's running back to the Disney Castle every hour, pleading and begging them to do my princess experience.
Speaker 1: I think I did at least thirty thousand steps at Disneyland, because we'd be at Toontown and then go to the castle, and like wherever we went, I just kept going back. So we got her in and she looked beautiful, oh gorgeous.
Speaker 2: So they is it you buy the dress or do you?
Speaker 1: So you shop and you pick out which princess you want to be, and chased Bell. She was Bell so cute and she was just and it was the first time that there was zero tantrums and it was just like she was an adult. It felt like a mini adult.
Speaker 2: She like stepped into her crown. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and then you sit down, you get your hair done, you get a little nail polish, makeup if you want it, and then you get to meet the princess. So when she met the princess, they were like, happy birthday. What would you like for your birthday? Oh?
Speaker 2: What did she say?
Speaker 1: She said, because her grandmother passed a couple months ago, she kept telling everybody. She's like, I wish I could have my grandmother back.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I know. I remember when she blew out her candles and I didn't hear her at first, but when she blew out her candles, I could cry too, Like it was so sweet. And we were like, make a wish, and she I think you said, what did you wish for?
Speaker 1: Her nickname is Malu.
Speaker 2: That's what she was like, I wish Malou was back. And I was like what did she say because I didn't know the nickname.
Speaker 1: And yeah, she really caught sweet. She really caught me off guard because it's like she can ask for any present or anything, and like her mind went into like I want my grandmother back, and I was just like holding my tears and smiling.
Speaker 2: But that's she goes to show, like how like great of a kid you're raising, because she could have been like I want this toy, I want the princess experience. I want, you know, just about anything, but she has like the sentimental heart, like big sweetheart. She's like a rough and tough girl. Like on the outside, I feel like like she like likes to climb and like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's very like tomboy but also likes gurly things. But she's so sweet, very sweet, very strong. Like she acts way older than her age.
Speaker 2: And I think it's great too that you talk about your mom with her and like show her pictures and just remind her so that she keeps that like feeling that she had with her alive, you know, throughout her life. And if you, I feel like if you always kind of you know, show happy memories and here's a picture of you guys and all of that she'll always like carry that with her and that's like, yeah, a really beautiful special thing.
Speaker 1: And she surprises me. She he has a very good memory yet such a young age, and she's like, I remember we'll just walk by a street and she's like, oh, I remember smelling the roses with my grandmother and yeah, they were really close.
Speaker 2: It's so sweet. That's so sweet. I mean, you should be proud of yourself and proud of her that she's just such a sweet, warm hearted little girl. Like that's just really amazing.
Speaker 1: And I know, I don't know if you want to talk about it, but I know that you also had a parent, your dad pass away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's such a tough and strange part of life losing a parent. And I guess you always think like, oh, I'm going to be like seventy years old when you know, when I lose one of my parents, and when it happens any sooner than that, it just feels like just this tragic, crazy thing that it's like you know me and now, and it's like it's just too soon. My dad passed away. My dad was my dad and I had a complicated relationship for many years, but we had periods where we didn't talk at all, but before he for a while before he passed, we were in a good place and just checked in every once in a while, not every day, but we would kind of had a good boundary but a good relationship at that point. But he was in poor health. He had had some ongoing illnesses and sicknesses and things over the years, and then he got COVID in November of twenty twenty and died from that with other complications of his like ongoing health problems. But it was it was so sudden and sad, like it's you know, My last text from my dad was like a day or two before and he had said something and I wrote something quick back, but I didn't answer like what he had actually asked me. And I remember being like, oh, this is this is the last message I'm going to have with him, and like that's always hard to look at. That was like one of the hardest things to get through is like, Wow, if I go to text my dad, that's the last thing that's there, Like how do I live with this? And I remember I was at work and my uncle called me, who my dad's brother, who I hadn't talked to in a couple years and I was like, something's not right if he's calling me. And I had an amazing boss at the time, and I was at her house and I was like, hey, something's my family keeps calling me. You mind if I step away or and she's like, we're pretty much done, you can just head home. And I remember I called my mom, got in the car, and my parents had been divorced for twenty something years before this, but I called my mom and I said, hey, Uncle Joe called me and left me a message saying to call him back and it's important. And I was like, I feel like Dad's dead. And I was like, I have a twenty minute drive home right now. I was like, can you please call him for me? And if Dad's dead, don't call me back, and I'm just going to get my brain was just like get home, get home, get home. And I called Jason and told him the same thing. I was like, I'm really nervous. He was working from home at the time, thank god. And when I got all I put my phone down and I was like, I'm just going to drive home because if I know, if I'm looking and I see that they're not calling, I'm gonna know and if I if they do call, like I was just like I just drive home and I in silence, drove all the way back to US Hollywood, and when I pulled in, Jason came outside and like got me out of the car and I was like, is he dead? And he was like, yeah, your mom just called. I was like oh, and I just like collapsed into his arms and I was just like I didn't know. I didn't know what to do. I was just like it was it's just this like overwhelmingly like shock. It's like no, that's that can't be happening because that's permanent and that's I'm like, this isn't how this happens. This And I just was like going through all of the emotions of like denial and anger and all of it, and it will say like the one thing that the one silver lining from that was Jason was so supportive and just I can't even explain how wonderful he was at that time, Like he fed me. He I'm like the person who books all of our travel and makes all the plans and he you know, he shows up and that, but like this he's like I found four flights. I think you should wait like a day or two before you go home. And this is like prime COVID time, when like we weren't traveling, we were masking everywhere we went. Like I'm like I can't even believe I have to get on a plane. And he's like, we're going to go home together. I mean, he just like took the reins.
Speaker 1: And made it care of you.
Speaker 2: And it's I will always like that. That time was the time that I was like, I'm this is my person, Like, this is the man I'm supposed to be with. Because in the good moments we have all this fun, but in the bad moments, it's not so bad or it's not as bad as it could be. Because I'm like I need to look at this. He's like, I already took care of it. I already got this. I talked to your mom. You're gonna like. He's like, don't worry about anything. When people were like what can we send whatever? I was like I don't and he would be like, she hasn't eat today, sent her this, she wants this like and he just he made it so easy, and I was like, this is a good man. This is the person I'm supposed to be with. He just he fully took care of.
Speaker 1: Everything, especially when somebody passes, like you really, cause some people don't. Like it just depends on who you are, if you're going to be supportive, if you're going to be there for somebody. And I found that with Aaron too, Like he took really good care of me when my mom passed. And I feel like one of the reasons I'm also really close to you is because you took care of me and I was not, like I never asked for help even if I'm struggling and I need help, Like I will not call anybody, like I will always figure it out on my own. And you that morning, I had to take care of Isabella all day and I got a delivery from you and sheina, and I was like, oh my god, I have all this food, and just to not think about just basic things after a passing is crazy.
Speaker 2: It's a weird kind of club to be in. I talked to Arion about this. She calls it the dead dad club, and you kind of have to find some sort of humor in it, but it's it's this weird bond that you have with people who have also lost a parent, and you kind of know what to do and in that time, I know you. And that was another thing. Aaron. I reached out to him and I was like, Hey, we're going to send I was going to send food. Can you send me? And He's like this, this, this, this, He knew everything that you would like everything.
Speaker 1: I was like, how does she know exactly what I eat and what I like?
Speaker 2: And he was like and he's like, I'll cook this and this for her. And I was like, great, so I'll order like steak, I'll make sure she has the salads stuff she likes and like all the easy stuff just so you didn't have to think about it. And he's like, and I'll take care of like cooking and organizing everything. So that so I was like I saw him stepping up for you big time too. He was like behind the scenes, checking in with all of us and like, you know, I'm like, I don't want to bug her every thirty minutes, so I'll bug Aaron And he was like then he just started sending like sheen and I updates of like she's doing good today, like you know this and this. This is the first day without Isabella, which I think she's relieved to have some downtime where she can actually like cry and stuff, but also like she's like I think Isabella was a comfort the last couple of days too, and so there was a lot of that. But I feel like Aaron at two behind, I was like, this is a good, good guy.
Speaker 1: And I really grew close to certain people after my mom's passing. I mean, you came to the funeral in San Diego, Brittany came. I know, who texts me who didn't like it? Just showed me like who's really there for me and like cares about me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean honestly, I for me. Like I feel like our friendship grew so much during that time. Like it was so lovely, like to meet your siblings and your family and like just sit in that church for a little while and like I remember us just like holding hands and you crying and like just cry, like just you know, like don't feel like you have to wipe your tears and hold it all in, like let it out, let all the feelings out.
Speaker 1: And I think that was the first time you saw me let it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and I was happy you did. Like it's like this is the time to grieve, this is the time to be sad, Like it's okay to be It's okay to let yourself feel all the emotions, because if you don't, it's difficult. One of the most difficult parts of that for me was like, because it was COVID, we couldn't have like a celebration of life or a funeral for my dad, So we cremated him and we had like it was it was Thanksgiving weekend too, which now always just will remind me of my favorite holiday. But whoa, I feel like that was like a sign. Yeah, very interesting the lights.
Speaker 1: Our parents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was an interesting thing though, not being able to really like have that service. And it was Thanksgiving time, so we just kind of all got together as a family. We had like an outdoor Thanksgiving because nobody wanted to get sick, and we were so unsure of a lot of things. But we you know, we didn't have this like big closure moment that you get, I feel like from having a funeral or some sort of you know, some sort of gathering, and so that was difficult and something kind of I still like, I'm like, should I now have some sort of thing for him after years and years? But you know, I've come to peace with it, and you know, I don't think there's any perfect way to.
Speaker 1: Walk the cemetery, and she picked her spot, and it was just a crazy moment to think, like this is going to happen soon and I'm not going to have my mom anymore. So I think, no matter how you look at it, it's just there's no easy way.
Speaker 2: It is a beautiful thing. And I will say it also made me realize like it's important to have your plan of what you want to happen and like write it out, like it was like when I was pregnant Jason, I made like our life insurance policies, wills like all that stuff, because it's like I don't want you know, there was a lot of times where like I questioned, is this Like I was like, did Dad want to be buried or cremated? I don't even I was like I don't know. But at the time it was like, I guess we go with cremated because we don't have any of the other information or I didn't know where and what to do. And so it's one of those things. I think it's so beautiful that your mom got to say, like this is where I want to be because you don't have to question like did we pick the right one? Are you sure she wouldn't want to be on the sunny side of the hill instead of the wind, Like you know.
Speaker 1: It was a rare opportunity, I guess, and most people I know, a couple of my friends also had to do with your situation. They're like, I have no idea what to do. I don't know what they wanted.
Speaker 2: So my dad didn't have a will or write down any wishes. Like I remember getting into arguments with my siblings about it, and you know, being like somebody was like, I'm sure he wanted it this way, and Noah, he said this, And I'm like, well, when did he tell you this thing? Which which one was more recent? What's And it's like not a fun thing to go through, and when you're there's it's never good anyway. I feel like, you know, I know the pain and stress you had for the last year and a half before your mom passed, and the worry and all that. So it's like having it happen sudden sucks, and having it happen not sudden sucks. It's just none of.
Speaker 1: It's if there's never a right time, and that's why I'm still angry because I'm like my mom had a young spirit, Like I felt like I had so many more years with her, and I feel like a part of me feels like it wasn't her time.
Speaker 2: And there's still days where like my dad, he's a carpenter and he built houses, businesses, all this stuff, so he was really handy, and anytime still now I'll be like, oh, I wonder how I should call my and I'm like, oh, yeah, I can't call him.
Speaker 1: Like that happens to me at least once a day, and I'm like, when is that going to stop? I wish I could say like I watched the first episode, or I see something on Instagram and I immediately want to send it to my mom and I have to stop myself. I'm like, Okay, I can't do that anymore.
Speaker 2: And it's crazy. I actually, and maybe this is a crazy thing, but I have texted my dad's old number. I have his phone, so it's kind of crazy too. I'm like texting the phone that's in a box in my closet. But there's times where I text him and say like I miss you today, I'm thinking about.
Speaker 1: You today, or that's great. There being yeah, that's really great.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you just have to. As soon as I send it, I'm like okay, and I'm like, somewhere he's I talk out loud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when like I really miss her, I'm like, you probably can hear me, and I sound like a crazy person, but I start talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just saying it out loud or putting it in that mess. Sometimes it does feel like I'm like, all right, somewhere in the universe, this is going to get to them. And how was it for you? Like I remember, like, you know, my ex husband was so supportive when my dad died too. He sent flowers. He was really nice, and you know, even though we were divorced, Like, did Jesse reach out to you when your mom passed? And how was that experience for you?
Speaker 1: What was My mom and Jesse had a very interesting relationship because my mom always felt that Jesse was always rude to her and never like proper. I actually had to teach Jesse how to greet my mother when she would come in when she would come in, because he wouldn't like get up and say hello or give her a hug. He would like be on his phone, like pretend she's not there and I'm like, get up, say hello, and then it would make my mom feel uncomfortable and she would stay with us for a couple of days. Yeah, this is true story. This happened all the time. And I literally had to teach him like, my mom comes in, please stop what you're doing, say hello and give her a hug, and you can go back to what you're doing, and.
Speaker 2: So should be a given.
Speaker 1: It's a given. The little things. I actually felt like I taught him a lot as a person of like what to do and what not to do. He was just always so rude to people, and my family always felt that with Jesse, So that was just kind of the dynamic of their relationship. But when my mom passed that morning, I had Isabella and she actually facetimed Jesse and I'm like, let your dad know, So she said, Grandma went to heaven. So he actually texts me something very nice and it's like, I'm so sorry about your loss. If there's anything you need, please let me know. And that was actually my day with Isabella. And so about an hour later I called him and I said, I don't think I can take care of Isabella today. Can you please take her and he's like, oh, I'm sorry, I'm already on my way to oh see, I have something going on. And I think he felt really bad or people told him something, because hours later he's like, Hey, why don't I get a nanny for you? So that was the first time that he offered y. Yeah, so I was mad, but at the same time like he did something nice for me.
Speaker 2: It's a tough, tough thing, but well, here we are. Here we are, and I'm so grateful for you and the friendship. And you know, it is like a weird silver lining that you have in a bond with somebody when you go through something as traumatic as losing a parent together, and it's it's a thing I remember like afterwards, you know, when my dad died, it was like Logan and Arianna both had gone through that, and and Dana too, and it was like they gave me all of the words of wisdom and support and you know, when I had bad days, I would be like, can I show you like this old message I found with my dad, and Logan especially was like absolutely, and would you know cry with me?
Speaker 1: And yeah, we really, like you just said it perfectly. We're in that club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a weird, fucked up club to be in, and I don't wish. I don't want any new members ever, but if you unfortunately end up in the club, you do have good company and support from people who have been through it and understand what it's like.
Speaker 1: And there's great books out there, and I'm actually reading one right now about signs, and I believe a lot in that and that they are there and they can give you signs and I've had that happen a few times.
Speaker 2: So it's nice to, yeah, have those sort of moments. I remember my dad when I was little, was like when I'm gone one day, like you'll know, you'll feel me, You'll see this, and Ei there is there's stuff every day that I feel like reminds me of him or makes me feel like he's present. Those lights going off just a little bit ago, I'm like, hey, to head, thanks, thanks for giving me a little nod today.
Speaker 1: So we watched the first episode. What did you think of me introducing Aaron?
Speaker 2: I love seeing Aaron. I mean, I've known him now for a little while and I think he's just like the sweetest guy in the entire world and he's so fun. Like we've done a couple double dates, and it's been fun when we have like things to shoot or do, and like we went and got like pizza and martinis and like yeah after when we're all dressed up, like I think actually you and I were in like full glam but then sweatpants because that's what we wore like two set for whatever promo thing we were shooting that day. And I don't know, I love Aaron, Like I just think he's such a good guy. You seem so much happier, Like it's so nice. Also, like watching things back, I feel like from a year ago you just seemed sad and anxious a lot. Yeah, and then now it's just like I feel like I'm seeing like the light, like airy happy Michelle.
Speaker 1: Well, when I introduce him and I'm looking at myself, I was like, oh, that's the smile everyone's talking about. I see it now.
Speaker 2: It's really sweet to see. Yeah, how is it like reliving everything with him now? And like obviously you know we're going to be watching everything back, and.
Speaker 1: I get very anxious because I know things that were said and done, and so you know, we hold hands and we're like, okay, we're in this together. Will be Okay, we survived it. We're going to survive this and just keep looking forward. So he's very positive in it all. He tries to limit himself in a lot of ways. He just was there to support me, be around. He's like, you're filming. I want to be with you, Like I'm not going to be home. So that's why we decided to do it together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's great. I mean, he has a very successful career outside of it, and like I don't think there's a whole lot of that, like in our group of friends, like Jason's kind of one of the only ones that has like a career that has nothing to do with entertainment and that's completely separate from everything. So it's a it is like a fine line I think to walk of, like how much to kind of jump in or not. But I think Aaron's done a really great job of it. Like he's at all the things he would normally be at, whether there's cameras there or not. It's like, of course he's going to come to my birthday party. Of course he's going to come to this and that and whatever else. So I think he's done a really good job like jumping into the group and supporting you and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he never imagined doing any of this either. I mean he's in finance and he works all day long and he's like I never thought that I would join you or so, like he's brand new to it now. Now we have a season under our belt, so you do learn a lot throughout the process. And I'm kind of excited for people to see like my happy side with him.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to see you happy. I mean I see it in you know, real life all the time, but I'm excited to see moments of that and for everybody else to see it too, because it is like, you guys have a really beautiful relationship, like at you know, coming over for Isabella's cake, Like just seeing how he is with Isabella too is so sweet, Like he's silly with her and like, yeah, you know, I remember you saying that morning like he woke up at six the morning, is like riding bikes with her in the driveway or like oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they're both early birds and they're just playing soccer outside. It's like, oh my god, you guys. Yeah, so they also have a very special dynamic and you get to see a little bit of that which I love.
Speaker 2: I love how he's just like fully jumped in and like accepted both of you into his life. It was also awesome to see his house, Like he has an amazing house. I love like those West Hollywood places, they have so much like history and coolness. But I love Erin. I think he's a great, great guy. I think you guys are such a perfect match. And the most thing I like about him most is like how happy you are and like and how happy Isabella is.
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, why don't we play a little game Since I was you know, we talk.
Speaker 1: About grief and and everything. I feel like you love to laugh at me all the time because I don't know certain foods.
Speaker 2: You're like you are so naive about the funniest, most random things. And I do feel like there's so many things were like I'm like, oh, like like oh my gender reveal. I'm biting into a corn dog and you're like what you're biting into a corn dog for? And it's just like I'm like, I love when you like look at me like that. You're like you're doing what.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I've never heard such a thing who bites into a corn dog?
Speaker 2: Why I out what their baby is. So I made a list of some fun like basically like my like Hillbilly roots, a little bit of stuff that I love that I wonder if you've tried or know about and if you have, like when or how often you've you've done these things? Have you ever eaten a funnel cake?
Speaker 1: No? Wait, tell me exactly what that is?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, at like at Disney or at like a theme park or a fair. It's like the dough that they fry and then they put powdered chilgar on top of it. Absolutely not, you have to have a funnel cake.
Speaker 1: I had a truro at Disneyland.
Speaker 2: It's kind of it's a similar vibe as a truro in that it's like dough. It does some of them have cinnamon sugar maybe on them, but it's mostly powdered sugar and it's like a square glee.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I had fall of fried dough.
Speaker 2: That's so funny. I thought that was the one on this list that I was like, she probably has. When was the last time you've beaten at McDonald's ever?
Speaker 1: Uh? I think when I was in college. I had McDonald's when I was like twenty one.
Speaker 2: What about Panda Express?
Speaker 1: I actually had a bite at La LA's Love pandas. Yeah, she she had La La. I mean she had Ocean's birthday party and she had Panda Express and I was like, let me try it. And I actually thought the orange chicken was very cool. Okay, good?
Speaker 2: What about Burger King?
Speaker 1: Never Arby's Never?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you missed it out. Those are like my faves. Do you know what the Warped Tour is?
Speaker 1: No, I'm dead. I'm dead.
Speaker 2: It's like a punk rock concert tour that's like it's kind of like Coachella, but for like emo bands.
Speaker 1: Definitely don't know.
Speaker 2: It was like when we grew up. It was like when I was fourteen, I was like, Warped Tour. Have you ever had a deep Fried Oreo? No? They're like also at like fairs and things like this is it good? It's they're kind of weird. Actually that one, I'll give you a pass on. So it's like, have you ever been to a county fair?
Speaker 1: Yes? Last last year we went? Was it a year ago? No? I went with Jackson Brittany.
Speaker 2: Oh, I remember, like a couple of years ago we allow, but I was invited I've been to a fair. Okay. Have you been camping?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I thought this was food only.
Speaker 2: No, it's other stuff too. Okay. Have you ever been in or slept in a mobile home and not like a tour bus, but like a mobile home? Actually I have, Oh my gosh, Okay, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: My dad lived in a little mobile home park community.
Speaker 2: So I'm proud of you. Okay, I love that. Have you ever been to a strip club?
Speaker 1: Yes? I have in London. Wow, that was a good time.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love that for you. Have you ever swam in an above ground swimming pool?
Speaker 1: Above ground, like.
Speaker 2: The ones that are like like plastic, that like.
Speaker 1: Like the ones in Mexico.
Speaker 2: I don't you have to climb a ladder? It's like the ground then the pool sitting on top. You have to climb a ladder to get in the pool.
Speaker 1: Oh no, definitely not.
Speaker 2: Have you ever eaten at a buffet?
Speaker 1: Yes, I've been to soup Plantation years ago.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that counts.
Speaker 1: That's a buffet that totally is.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I'll give you that. Have you ever milked a cow?
Speaker 1: Nope, not yet, but I drink raw milk.
Speaker 2: I know Aaron loves the raw milk. Have you ever shopped at a thrift store?
Speaker 1: No, I want to say, yeah.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been in Forever twenty one?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, okay, teenage years okay, sure.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had to pull over and pee on the side of the road.
Speaker 1: Never, I mean I need to go to the bathroom and I hold it till I get to a restaurom so funny.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had gushers or fruit roll ups?
Speaker 1: I've had fruit roll ups when I was a child.
Speaker 2: Didn't I give you a gusher when we were.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you said have one, and I'm like, I'm good, You're like, just have one.
Speaker 2: At the after show, they we had a whole.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I had one. Oh no, I ended up having the Annie's Organic Creganics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's already okay. When I was making this list last night, too, Jason was like he was dying at all of these and he thought it was so funny. And he was like, okay, since Michelle has a lot of blind spots to a lot of this stuff. Who were her crushes growing up, like in the nineties, Like, did you like have a crush on like Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Like who were the people like or like, were you a Britney Spears fan growing up? Like what was pop culture to you when you were like thirteen?
Speaker 1: I mean I was the biggest Spice Girls fan you could ever imagine. I went to there there, I went to their concert. That was my first concert, first concert too. I had everything Spice Girl, yeah, and I thought I was sporty Spice.
Speaker 2: I love that you would be sporty Spice Yeah. Okay, all right? That Nikes. Who was like your childhood crush?
Speaker 1: Who was my first crush?
Speaker 2: Like, I feel like Jonathan Taylor Thomas was mine from no that what was that show called Tim the Toolman Taylor? That show but tool Time Home Improvement? That was oh yeah, no that was He was always on like teen Beat and like seventeen Magazine and like all those I remember being like madly in love with him when I was little.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think because I wasn't boy crazy for a long long time, and I was very like a lot of people don't know this about me, but I was trying to be an Olympic athlete. I was a gymnast and so I trained five to six days a week, for five hours a day, so like I really like I got home eight, went to the gym, came home eight and went to sleep. And that was my life for like ten years.
Speaker 2: Because you can still do what I had to do, like a backflip or something, or.
Speaker 1: I can still do like a round off layout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think we were when we were in Santa Barbara. I was like, can you still do this? And we had like a big lawn and you did did some.
Speaker 1: Sort of Yeah, you did some sort of like I think I just did a round off.
Speaker 2: Maybe like some sort of back handspring or something. You did something and I was like, damn, you still.
Speaker 1: Got Yeah, I'll do it here and there.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think crush. I can't think of anybody.
Speaker 2: We're also a Backstreet, Poison and Sink fan, and so probably like justin Timberlake for yeah, one.
Speaker 1: Of those justin for sure.
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: That feels like ages ago. Oh yeah, I just I was thinking about foods. I want to know if you've tried that are my favorites? Okay, avocado toasts with truffle oil and edible flowers.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've had avocado toasts and I love truffle oil, but I've never had them all together but separately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's really good. Yeah. Every time I go to Paris, I always have to have escargo.
Speaker 2: I've never had it, but Jason ordered it. What's like the famous there's like a hotel restaurant that everyone goes from Paris. It's like Hotel day something.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: Like when we went to Paris, Jason like that was like the one place. He was like, we have to make a reservation here and he got escar goo there and I you.
Speaker 1: Couldn't try it, but there's so much garlic and butter in the snails you don't even.
Speaker 2: I dipped bread in the sauce and ate that, so I got like a little of the flavor, but I just that little tool and like shucking it out of the shell. I was like, I can't do that.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing I eat when I'm in Paris every meal, every day as cargo. Wow, because you can't eat it here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: Sushi with Toro and uni.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what to or uni are, and all of the sushi I eat, Jason, I call it bullshit sushi.
Speaker 1: Oh, I hate bullshit.
Speaker 2: He'll eat like he'll get sugarfish when I'm like, if I'm like out doing something for dinner and it's just him and the baby alone, he'll get sugarfish and get like all of the raw stuff my face. Ideal sushi roll would be like deep fried with cream cheese, avocado, sweet potato, wrapped with rice, and I.
Speaker 1: Just like, I just like sashimi the fish by itself, with the chiso leave and ponzu. I could never if it were up to me, that would be my diet every day, just like. That's that's how much I like it. It's really good. A Persian dish my favorite. It's called gormets SAPSI.
Speaker 2: What is it.
Speaker 1: It's a stew, a green stew with a bunch of vegetables, and it has a sour like team to it because it has dry lemons. Okay, it's the best.
Speaker 2: That sounds zay. I like stews. I like veggies. Let's make it sometime.
Speaker 1: It's so, I heard it's really hard, but yeah, I'll give you the instructions and I'll pretend to help you.
Speaker 2: I love making like other foods from other parts of the world. And when actually, when Jason and I were in we went to Scotland with Ariana like a couple of years ago, and we fell in love with Dushume, which is this Indian restaurant there, and I bought the cookbook and have been making like Indian recipes from their cookbook back home. And so I love finding like recipes from different parts of the world and then trying to recreate.
Speaker 1: You're impressive with your cookie. I try, Yeah, I try. And last one, my favorite miso glazed black cod from Nobu, I actually have had that.
Speaker 2: It's really Nobo's like one of the places says that I will like be a little more adventurous and like try some raw stuff and when it's that fresh. Like Jason and I did are one on one baby moon, not one that everyone else was invited on a couple months before, and we went to Nobu Cabu Cabo Hotel and we stayed there and literally we ate like kings like every night. It was like all the fresh stuff from Nobu, So I will have I have had that, and I will eat like more adventurous and no when I met Nobu.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's have a no boo bait okay, let's have a no boot. Let's have a no boot date.
Speaker 2: I'm down. I'm down.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much for coming on, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: This is so fun.
Speaker 1: Let's talk after the next episode.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Bye bye