Speaker 1: Member Week is here it Lows, don't miss your chance to get up to forty percent off hundreds of items like paint, stain tools, flooring, and more. Shop our exclusive deals happening in store and online from maya through May fourteen. Not a member, join my Low's Pro Rewards for free today and get ready to save more Lows. We have you Save Loyalty program. Subject to terms and additions details at lows dot com slash terms subject to change.
Speaker 2: Hello, everybody, welcome into the cycle, Part three for the week. I'm Ryan Warmley, joined as always by Mike Mayor. Mayor. We are talking some pitching streamers. We're doing our two start Pitcher competition. We'll hit on some stuff we're excited for for the weekend as well. If everybody hasn't seen it yet, please be sure to check out Rounding the Bases, which is part one of the cycle this week, and of course our Buys and Sells and Waiver Central was part two. As always, start us off here with some of your favorite pitching streamers.
Speaker 3: All right, so pitching streamers. Like always, we're going to go through every day of the week, which I've seen in YouTube comments people really like that format. They like having a picture for every day of the week, or sometimes we say hey this is a stay away day. But a lot of people stream daily or almost daily, so they like that. So the format today is the picture I went with for Monday is the same picture if you watched our previous video about trades and waivers. I went with Colin Raya for Monday for a very clear reason. He's pitching against the Marlins at home, so a great matchup. And also, if you're in a weekly league where you have to pick up a pitcher and you know if you're starting him for one of the starts you ever started him for two could not be more ideal because his second started on Sunday against the White Sox. So Colin Raya Monday against the Marlins and Sunday against the White Sox. And do you want to keep going any comments on Yeah, we usually run through them all.
Speaker 2: All right, Well we've done this episode enough. You you know how the format goes.
Speaker 3: That's true. The last week I was the host and Kelly did the streamers, so it was it backwards last week.
Speaker 2: Well, I will say, you know, strong indoors, I totally agree on Raya. I think it's also funny that you have there's real pattern.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're gonna mix this week.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Six of the seven days are against one of two opponents, So you're really taking advantage of the matchups here this week.
Speaker 3: I haven't really taken advantage of the matchups. And that's in part because of the matchups and also in part because there wasn't a lot of other like great options those days, and so for a bunch of them, I looked around, I was like, oh, whoever was pitching against the Marlins? But I also like I looked at every day pretty closely, and that's kind of where I landed with the best options. So Monday was Colin Raya versus the Marlins, Tuesday Ben Brown versus the Marlins as well, and Wednesday Jamison Tyone also against the Marlins. So first three pitchers, just whoever's pitching against the Marlins? Grabbing every picture for that series. I actually would prefer that it was in Miami instead of you know, Chicago, but you know, I'll always you know, take the Marlins. But there are just like more some like great options for those days, just like looking around, even on like Tuesday, like you know, Ben Brown was definitely the highest one on my list. You could also potentially do like Brian Bayle against the Tigers, but I didn't love that one. You know, Jose Siriano against the Padres. I don't want to stay from that. Jeffrey Springs at the Dodgers, No, thank you, Casey myies is probably rostered too many places. But like after those names, the pitches available as like Quinn Priests against the Guardians, Michael Saroka against the Braves, Like, I'd rather just stream against the Marlins and be happy with it. Thursday, we gotting away from the Marlins, but we're going against the White Sox. Nick Martinez against the White Sox. It's another day. That's a small slate day. So that was kind of a you know, not a ton of great options, either for like matchups or for you know, players are probably going to be already rostered places. One of the other names I looked at he had a favorable matchup was Zach Lttel. He's only five percent consensus rostered. He's at the Blue Jays, but he's only got twenty five strike outs to forty one inning. He's four point six to one. Ear Ray, I feel like there's you know, too much downside there for like the upside you're you're getting into. So I was more interested in Nick Martinez against the White Sox. Friday, I posted this has like been our trickiest day each week of for or most weeks. I wrote it up as Dustin May or stay away. I imagine Dusty Dustin May is rostered in your league. But when I was looking up, I was pretty shocked to see that his roster percentage was pretty low. If you're in a CBS, he's likely rostered because he was rostered like sixty eight percent there or something like that, but wildly available on Yahoo at ESPN, like way more than I expected.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Yahoo forty six percent rostered, ESPN twenty six percent roster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so way lower than he should be. Like, I feel like he should be rostered everywhere, and so so if you can stream, he's at home against the Angels, So if you can stream him, he's also the kind of picture you can potentially pick up and keep for a little while. But maybe I'm over valuing Dustamony, but I like him a lot.
Speaker 2: Especially he's been on fan tracks. By the way, he's eighty three percent, so he's really high there. I mean it's been a struggle. Truthfully, he has one good start in the last month, so I get why people might have dropped him, even if the talent is still pretty high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that was for Friday, so Dustin may or stay away if you're not going with that one. I didn't like much else that was out there. Saturday, I went with Matthew Boyd versus the White Sox. Matthew Boyd after a really good start, still widely available, and again you're targeting the White Sox. And then Sunday I already mentioned it's Colin Reya again against the White Sox. So three starts against the Marlins, three against the White Sox and one against the Angels. Also a bottom offense without Mike Troupp.
Speaker 2: If you're in a league where you don't have to lock guys into the full week, and you pick up for Monday, would you drop him for one of these others Let's say you only have one real streaming spot. Would you drop him for one of these other guys around the week, or would you just hold on to him for at least that Sunday against the White Sox.
Speaker 3: I think I'd rather just I mean, maybe Matthew Boyd, but you wouldn't be able to pick up Matthew Boyd. I guess you would be able to technically pick up Matthew Boyd, drop him Saturday night and pick up Raya for Sunday, as long as you drop Raya immediately on Monday and your your waivers aren't more than like two or three days. That would be the other one I would talk about just because Boyd is off to a really good start. And then some honorable mentions, sorry, some honorable mentions names I considered for some of those weeks. Wednesday, I also liked Jose Katana at Cleveland. We've talked about Jose Katana before. At some point he's gonna turn back int Jose Katana, but for now he hasn't, So maybe try one more time. Hopefully you're not left holding the back when he turns back Intojose Katana. Thursday a J Smith shov against the Washington Nationals. Again the pitch. We talked about all three videos this week. I think Saturday Andrew Rabbit against the Guardians. Also a player. He might be roster in your league, but his roster numbers are pretty low. And then Saturday. Also Ben Casparius against the Angels. He's an interesting one because they're stretching him out as a starter. But last week he did come out of the bullpen, he got the win. Or his last start, he came out of the bullpen, he went, he went four and to third. He still got the win, but that he came after an opener. So if you're the kind of league that needs a quality start, he's probably not gonna be the name you're going to target because he might come out of the bullpen and he also if he does start, he might not go more than five innings.
Speaker 2: If you're struggling with lineup decisions, our lineup assistant recommends optimal lineup suggestions to maximize your team's performance each day or a week. Just sink your league for tailored guidance based on your roster and league settings. Download the Fantasy Baseball My Playbook app or visit fantasypros dot com slash MLB my Playbook to set your winning lineup today. Mayor sign for the two start pitcher competition. I noticed last week you did not assign a winner for that previous week. Whose turn it was? I believe it would have been Week three's Hunter Brown versus Max Meyer. I was confused why you didn't assign a winner because it seemed pretty clear cut to me.
Speaker 3: I didn't tally up the numbers. I mentioned on the show that with Kelly, I just said, we'll save that for next.
Speaker 2: Week, okay, because Meyer had a great first start and then a poor second start, and Hunter Brown had two very good starts. So it was a very very easy call of looking at the points. A wide gap there. So Hunter Brown the winner for week three. So I am up two to one. Now we have to pick the winner week four. This one I thought was a lot closer, And I'm curious if you want to make a case one way or the other. I had Freddy Peralta, you had Jacob de Gram Peralta. You know, by the scoring, if we're strictly going on points from this league that we have as kind of like a baseline to keep track. Par also got thirty seven point seven points, de Grom thirty two point four. That would be a win for me this that lines are really close. So the main difference to the points is that Paralta got quality starts both of those games, whereas de Gram didn't. But for Paralta twelve innings, seven hits, two runs, four walks, twelve strikeouts two and oh record to Gram eleven innings, seven hits, one run, two walks, ten strikeouts, two and oh record. So de Gram had one fewer innings pitched, two fewer walks, one fewer run, two fewer strikeouts Peralta, you could argue more consistent getting quality starts.
Speaker 3: Both those weeks.
Speaker 2: He had two more walks, one more run, one more inning pitched, and two more strikeouts. So really close. I would lean like a very slight lean towards Peralta, But I'm curious if you want to make the case for de Gram.
Speaker 3: I want to put this to a vote. I want the public to vote on this. I want like YouTube and social media to vote on this. I want a graphic, and I want to say which which pitcher had the better week. I was actually curious why Paralta had more points, But it makes sense that you if you're counting points for quality starts, that would be the main difference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the way our lega is set up, you get points for a win, and you get a smaller number of points. I think I want to say it's like three. It might be four, but you get smaller points or quality starts. So the fact that per Alta went deeper into his games, you know, played into that. I mean he also got an extra inning pitch, which helps in a points league. He had two more strikeouts somewhat off set, you know, two more walks and two more strikeouts. Right, one more run but one more inning pitch. It's they're very similar overall stat lines.
Speaker 3: I'm putting it to use what they say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll read those stat lines one last time for people who are voting in the YouTube comments again. Jacob de Gram eleven innings pitched seven hits, one earned run, two walks, ten strikeouts. Friday Peralta twelve innings pitched seven hits, two earned runs, four walks, twelve strikeouts. Both of them went to and Ozer. Maybe you may or can put a pin a comment on the YouTube channel with those stat lines.
Speaker 3: Or maybe our video producer can put up put up a graphic on the on YouTube. You can actually look at it.
Speaker 2: While you're I don't I don't like asking them to do extra work. I don't mind asking you to do Actually.
Speaker 3: I'm not asking him. I'm just saying maybe, maybe, maybe about it right now, and they do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're so wady to see what happens with the last week exact where versus Shane Smith Wheeler Off obviously off to a stronger start there. I appreciate Kelly filling in. I did listen to this section, so I heard her change this at the last second, so hopefully it works that well for me. I you know, she tried to leave me some better names.
Speaker 3: For this week.
Speaker 2: There were really two main names that I thought were intriguing. That there was a third name, which is Paul Skeens, but he had really tough matchups, so you know, I think you and I maybe had the same line of thinking of let's not yeah, I don't think you've used Skeens yet, all right, and I know I haven't, so let's save him for maybe a better matchup week. And I've already used Michael King, so that's where you're going, and I'll let you speak to that in a second. But I couldn't use King. The only other name that was really appealing was Hunter Green. But obviously there's this huge, huge asterisk here of the injury, which we are not yet sure we're waiting this MRI, So if you'll allow it. I'm going to pick Hunter Green and say, regardless of how he does, he is my locked and guy. If he is healthy enough to make these starts. If the injury changes his status and he's no longer a two star pitcher, I have a backup here, and I think you will allow me to pick this backup because he's been absolutely horrific lately. But like I said, there weren't a ton of options I really liked. I did consider, actually, given his matchups, I went with Shane Boz because of the matchups. He gets a game at Miami, which, as you highlighted when talking about the streamers, is extremely appealing. He also gets at Toronto, who have been really, really bad against right handed pitchers this year. Boz obviously has high upside when he's been on. As of late, that has not been the case. So I'm really hoping I don't have to use him. That Hunter Green is healthy and I can take advantage of him getting the White Sox and the Guardians. But if the health does not pan out, I will accept this struggling backup option here, Shane Boz.
Speaker 3: If that works for you, Yeah, I was gonna say, Shane Boz has been bad, bad lately, so that's a that's a bold choice, but not as bold as the guy who just left with an injury. So two bold choices. We'll see if either one.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think Green's not bold if he's plays. And again, we just saw Reagan's actually come back from a groin injury against the White Sox and do quite well, So you know, maybe we get the same from Green.
Speaker 3: Be even more generous to you for your for your backup. In the event that Hunter Green misses his first start and makes his second, and in the event that Shane Boz makes his first start and then gets sent down, you can have Boz's first start and green second start as your two week.
Speaker 2: Will that be allowed to use half of a Green week again in the future or is he off the board in that scenario.
Speaker 3: That's a good question. I don't know what'll play is about your how it goes.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, like I said, I would have picked King obviously, but I have already used him, and then I just didn't want to use Skimes this week. I think it's the Mets and the Phillies he's facing and everybody else I thought was halfway decent. I was really worried about the I either didn't like the matchups or didn't like the picture. Like I said, Raya was a guy I considered, but I couldn't have my official picks be Shane Smith and Colin Rayo back to back weeks. That just felt icky.
Speaker 1: So not that bo.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be really furious with myself if the scenario I just presented to you happens and I lose the week and you lose because of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 3: Any quick thoughts on King, just two good matchups and a good picture. Like you said, there weren't another a lot of other great names of target. I didn't really want to put my faith in Colin ray especially if someone who's already losing the contest. So yeah, Michael King, just good matchups, good picture. Also in our points league that weren't together. I actually benched him last week because you've only had one start and it was against the Yankees, and I had other pictures who were like going two starts and it worked out for me. But you know, it's not often you bench Michael King. I don't have a cad for it. But this week definitely start him.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to our weekend excitement here. Not a ton you know stuff going on. I don't just Cubs Mets in general is gonna be really fun series to first place teams, Phillies, Guardians, you know, a fun series as well. And then the one real pitching matchup I wanted to high was just Garrett Crochet Verus Cole Reagan's like, that's obviously really fun just in terms of those two guys going to get going against each other. Excuse me, will be a lot of strikeouts in that one.
Speaker 3: I went with my wife being back to help me watch my kids because she's been gone all week and it's been a struggle, and I've been I've been counting it down, like you know, sometimes it's like, you know, three more sleeps till Christmas. I've been counting it down of like like two more bedtimes and two more daycare drop offs until my wife is back. So she's back tonight and really looking forward to that. Have you have you been busy?
Speaker 2: You've never mentioned it.
Speaker 3: I've been pretty busy.
Speaker 2: All right, We'll get out of here on that one so you can get back to watching your kids. Prior to your wife getting back. We will put up a poll on YouTube. Mayor will put up a pole. Hopefully we'll get a graphic too when you when you put this out to the people in the comments, I mean, if they listened to, they'll know who was who. But just for anybody reading the comments, just put the stat lines. Don't put like de gram did this and this was Mayor's pick, Worm's pick, pra Alta did this. Just say which was the better stat line for fantasy this week. I have a feeling they might lean towards your pick in that regard, but we'll see.
Speaker 3: If you can add.
Speaker 2: You can add to the stat line one of these guys got two quality starts and the other did not. In fact, I'm gonna put that in the outline right here, all right. Thank you everybody for tuning in. Hopefully if you didn't catch it, go check out Rounding the Bases and also our buys and sells and waivers segment as well. So we've got three shows out this week as always, both on YouTube and on audio platforms. For Mayor, I'm Ryan warmly thanks everybody for tuning in. We will see you again next week. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB