Speaker 1: Welcome back to artists on artists on artists on artists. What's that I see a clue?
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Today we're talking to TVs and film's most famous detectives.
Speaker 3: Detective stories are a cornerstone of media going out all the way back hundreds and hundreds of years when people had mysteries and needed them solved. We sat down with some of the most iconic actors who play famous detectives.
Speaker 4: And see what the real heart of the mystery is in their lives.
Speaker 1: So find that fingerprint, label that dead body, and catch that killer.
Speaker 2: Let's listen in.
Speaker 5: Well, well, well up here in a treat nice to be.
Speaker 6: We never get to spend any time together at all.
Speaker 7: Nice, especially before I go. Before you read it, it's elder in the room. Yes, I'm sick.
Speaker 4: I wasn't going to bring up the twenty five nurses had to help you in your seat and.
Speaker 2: All that stuff.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Miranda, Thank you Jennifer.
Speaker 6: Well, I.
Speaker 5: Wasn't going to bring this up.
Speaker 9: But you have vowed to pass away on Christmas Day of this year.
Speaker 8: Yes, it's my favorite holiday, so I'll go out then.
Speaker 5: That's very exciting.
Speaker 2: Yes, especially I.
Speaker 7: Had no slated movies anymore. Do you ever feel like once your slate's done, that's when you'll rest.
Speaker 6: I did make so many Christmas movies, Yeah, Christmas detectives on Christmas.
Speaker 8: Yes, So I thought one more and then we'll go.
Speaker 3: I guess I just wanted to check you wanted to do this. It sounds like you're so close to death.
Speaker 8: I don't feel well.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, but.
Speaker 7: I'll be fine. I just have to get through what those next forty minutes?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: Sure? Up?
Speaker 4: Did you start? It will already?
Speaker 3: I we all have episodes of our shows with the wills and stuff.
Speaker 7: I'm sure if I die, it'll be good because we'll be rolling, so there won't be any funny business and none of you will have to figure out who killed me?
Speaker 8: Oh God himself?
Speaker 6: The ultimate murder?
Speaker 8: Did I take down the vibes right up at the top.
Speaker 5: We wanted to give a toss that it dissolved.
Speaker 8: Let's go around. Let's say our names please great.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 1: My name is Greg nick Guy. I am on st F n Y. I am a detective for TV sometimes film. If we get that hour episode, if you know what I'm talking about, stand for STF stands for it shut the Front, New York Shut the Front, New York shut.
Speaker 3: The front.
Speaker 1: Because you guys, if you watch the show, you'd understand it. There's always something going on with the doors in our things. So we're always trying to shut the front of New York down because there's a lot of bodies to deal with in yours.
Speaker 6: And then obviously you did launch the STF l A, STF sdfn YK the City I saw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great, it's great.
Speaker 1: All these spin offs are great, and I'm in at least fifteen episodes of every single show.
Speaker 7: I thought SCF Island was crazy because there's no doors on island.
Speaker 4: There's no specific island.
Speaker 10: Just generalized island, Catalina, the Channel Islands. We're all American Virgin islands'ba.
Speaker 2: Same detectives New Island every episode.
Speaker 6: It's fantasticive television show I've ever made.
Speaker 8: How old are you, young kid?
Speaker 1: I'm thank you. I'm actually forty five young, thank you, wow, thank you. And again, I'm so sorry you're gonna die.
Speaker 8: So it's okay, I'm okay with it. Your wife's hot.
Speaker 3: Whoa, it's all coming out, and.
Speaker 5: It's all coming out. What do you think of my wife?
Speaker 8: Next.
Speaker 11: Oh, if you gotta ask, you know life.
Speaker 8: But you're married to that supermodel.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, thank you. I'm married to Giselle, that Greek. She is Greek.
Speaker 1: She rocks my world. And she is also the co star of of course s T F N Y we fell in love. The first dead body we saw, we like to joke dead body it was played by this wonderful actor. I would purposely never know the name of that on the ground eyes kind of gorged out the pilot up. But so we're trying to figure it out who in New York gorgeous guy's eyes out and why is he in front of this door? And I look at her and I say, well, I guess there's one thing we can do.
Speaker 2: She goes, I guess we shut the front and then and that's how every episode starts.
Speaker 4: Well, it sounds like you're cutting off the word door. You could have cut it. Why did you just call it STFD.
Speaker 8: CFD is a great title.
Speaker 5: If you call it STFD, then I don't know where it is.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: STFD also could beat about the fire depopping.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I can't imagine the development.
Speaker 2: Hell absolutely, and we tried.
Speaker 6: Fifteen years to have that television show.
Speaker 1: It was insane. I mean like people kept on coming. This is this about a fire department, This is about a Saintly fire department. St fire department, And I said, no, it's about two detectives who always need to close the front door right at the beginning of the case, because one closed door is fifteen other open doors and that's where you find.
Speaker 8: All the closed doors on doors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's a little about me.
Speaker 4: Well, nice to meet someone who's on the networks.
Speaker 3: I'm one of these frigger procedural guys over in the fricking I'm streaming always is a drop in the bucket. I hope people even see me. What's the big angle? What's the thing about us that's so special about us?
Speaker 4: My name is Vinny Saint Christopher. I'm part of the Barrel. I play detective David Barrel.
Speaker 3: And what's really exciting about him is he solves crimes in a way that nobody else solves them. He's got a secret about himself. David Barrel can speak to guns.
Speaker 1: What I love your chef gun, it's wild Thornberry.
Speaker 2: He meets guns.
Speaker 8: It's doctor little.
Speaker 9: Well you you you take that young gun and you drop a knee and you and you convince him to get off the street selling drugs and back into school learning math.
Speaker 5: He's really moving.
Speaker 3: And he inspires guns to do better with their life. Yeah, to give up their career.
Speaker 6: You've seen gun puts on a chair a lot.
Speaker 3: I've noticed what's on a chair, and I look at this gun in the confession room, shy with the shaka as you know. You might not know this. Guns are similar to oysters in our biology. There's eyes around the barrels and that's also where the mouth is.
Speaker 4: And so when you look at him in the barrel.
Speaker 8: You look the movie cars.
Speaker 4: Kind of like the movie cars.
Speaker 3: There was We had a biologist that came on for four hours and helped us figure out if a gun wasn't.
Speaker 2: I hope she was paid for the day they were not.
Speaker 7: Excuse me, look at that and today them you stepped and ship I beg your pardon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is a non binary biologist.
Speaker 2: We didn't pay.
Speaker 4: So don't you have on your face? Don't you on your face?
Speaker 1: I love your show and I think it's so fun with the streamers that you get to tell one story through the whole season.
Speaker 2: Really finther than us doing the episode.
Speaker 3: After the episode, Well, it's funny, you know, it's a it's always an interesting story. This time we're taking down a whole cartel. Obviously, cartels use a lot of guns. And the thing about it is, since their eyes are on the front of the barrel, very frequently guns do not know who shot them, so you have you have to try to get them back and brains. Was there a mirror there? Did they see? What did their hand feel like on the trigger, which, of course is the leg And it's very fit.
Speaker 2: The trigger of.
Speaker 6: The gun is the leg of the gun.
Speaker 3: Well, we've been told it can't be the penis, Okay, so I can't can't.
Speaker 6: Well, it's all streaming.
Speaker 3: I believe the ramifications of you pull the penis and it shoots.
Speaker 4: That's too grand to me.
Speaker 1: But that's not what it sounds like.
Speaker 4: This is a family show. I watched this with my grandkids. They watch the watch the.
Speaker 2: Guns shooting people with your grips.
Speaker 4: You're in it's my shot.
Speaker 6: What did you say, You watch the show that you're in with your grandkids?
Speaker 4: Of course I do. They want to watch my show. They want to see your grandpa's up to when they're at school.
Speaker 1: I will say, I really do like that. The guns can't see who shot them. They can only see who they shot because their eyes are forward.
Speaker 4: And they're guilty as well, and then they're sad.
Speaker 3: We always, we always look at the guns in their face and we say it's not your fault, which I think is it's we need to work on the messaging of that.
Speaker 4: There's something weird about it, but that's for the writers, that's for the riders.
Speaker 8: So yeah, I can't believe.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm I'm obviously Gwendoline forsythe pluck, Yes and legend.
Speaker 2: I had the.
Speaker 6: Great honor for twenty five years of playing Agatha Brunch.
Speaker 1: Agatha Brunch, Agatha Brunch, BBC's.
Speaker 6: Original Agatha p We did twenty three episodes in those twenty five years.
Speaker 4: They were an hour and a half.
Speaker 6: We were an hour and a half each and we, boy, did we solve those mysteries. Started at the ripe old age of twenty five, playing seventy six, I feel.
Speaker 4: Like that's the longest name of a TV show I've ever seen.
Speaker 6: Agatha Brunch And the one time that the exit Brunch were a little too hard so they had to be sent back but then the chef got really mad and killed someone.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I think we did have a record.
Speaker 5: For a while.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting because a lot of your titles just kind of gave away the whole plot.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I feel like that the Agatha Brunch mystery sort of invented the cozy mystery sort of over Yes, and a lot of what we found at Agatha Brunch was people liked knowing exactly what happened right at the beginning. I should name a lot of comfort.
Speaker 2: It's we're a very interesting.
Speaker 8: It makes them feel smart.
Speaker 6: Makes them feel smart, and makes them you know, these days. I don't know about you, but when I'm watching something that I'm finding scary, I pause it, look up Wikipedia, see what happens. Yes, and then you.
Speaker 8: Don't like finding it out?
Speaker 6: No no, no, no no, no, too scary, too scary?
Speaker 4: What it is about it?
Speaker 6: When I watch television that I don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: It's cozy crime thing. I never got it. Crime for me is visceral, it's bloody, it's nasty.
Speaker 6: But the vicar, Yeah, it was often the vicar.
Speaker 3: It was very frequently the vicar for you guys, So interesting I wonder what's going on over there.
Speaker 4: I thought, I thought murder's murdered.
Speaker 6: But you guys have cozy little sweet Well, you know, sometimes neighbors just get a little uneighborly.
Speaker 4: And I can hear the soundtrack while you start talking.
Speaker 7: By and yellow raincoat every time, even in the shower scene.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, one must be modest the television, and I have to tell you it was the BBC did get a little stinky. We didn't have the budget for a second raincoat, you know, so by the twenty second or so episode that we did did hang in there. But you know, life goes on. One must soldier on the things one does for England.
Speaker 5: And do you do it all for England?
Speaker 6: You say all for England very specifically, not for Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, one of those, one of those. A patriot, one might say, A lover.
Speaker 6: Of my island nation, these beautiful straws, a little bit land of hope and glory.
Speaker 8: Iritis what is it about detectives? I feel like it.
Speaker 7: Of course for everyone here at the table, they have to give you one weird part of the cloth that you repeat every time.
Speaker 6: Yes, you know, Kojak sucking on his lollipore and his silly mustache.
Speaker 9: You have to have a little quirk so that you could show that you are always thinking.
Speaker 1: Oh, my quirk is I get out a flip phone.
Speaker 2: I played Tetris on my flip flone.
Speaker 5: He's close to soul.
Speaker 6: Oh he's playing Tetris again?
Speaker 2: What's your thing?
Speaker 4: Ad HD.
Speaker 2: I guess you would be talking to guns, to.
Speaker 4: Guns, and then also you wouldn't believe it.
Speaker 3: Talking to gun is not as enticing as having a you see something I see heard of the window of the gun is like, I'm right here, what are you talking about?
Speaker 8: The audience has to connect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say, I love your I guess if you're a Sherlock in this world, you're you're Watson is of course sister Patients.
Speaker 6: Sister Patience, absolute cunt, Billy Smith, Smith, my nemesis. You guys have always trying to fucking upstage me.
Speaker 2: Oh, openly A big feud, I.
Speaker 6: Mean big feud and it's not sold and I won't be because she's dead and I still fucking hate her. A postumus who posthumous food And I will die and will fight again and could die funnily enough under mysterious circumstances.
Speaker 2: Did she mean.
Speaker 5: Pretty cut and dry to me?
Speaker 6: She jumped off that cliff of her own position?
Speaker 8: But can I ask? I?
Speaker 7: Did hear rumblings of them trying to bring back a sister patient's role and the sister patients's long lost daughter, and they had that gen.
Speaker 6: Z girl, gen Z yes, gen Z Mason.
Speaker 8: You Mason, Yes, she's a Yeah. What do you feel about that?
Speaker 7: I did like the only murders in the building feeling where it was an old person with the young gen Z's on the phone on.
Speaker 6: Her phone, and the whole thing was, oh, this child is always on her phone, which I did think was quite funny, because these young people are always one, always on their phones with their silly haircuts.
Speaker 8: Do you like working with her?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: No, I don't like working at all. Do you will? That's one for England? Y?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the question about work is very interesting. I don't know if I like working either. I mean, you get there eather crafty all day, all of a sudden we're done, and you're like, I could have done this at Oh.
Speaker 1: I love working because every day I work there's another dead body and another beautiful wife in front of me. Another wife, another beautiful same beautiful wife. But every time I lay eyes on her, it's like looking at her for the first time all over again.
Speaker 3: I bet you guys that you two are the kind of people that get the ice cream trucks for the whole crew.
Speaker 4: But you stand next to the truck.
Speaker 8: Yes, and videotape it.
Speaker 6: This is me.
Speaker 2: Anything? Can you do this?
Speaker 6: Are we rolling? Are we rolling? Yes?
Speaker 1: My PR whole PR team is right there helping them serve the ice cream.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the Beignet truck or whatever, in and.
Speaker 2: Out truck or ice cream bene in and out. It's one truck. There's this great company that style Ben.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 8: My name is Vestibule Science.
Speaker 7: I've been working as a detective, an actor who's playing a detective for many years.
Speaker 8: I did a lot of Hallmark movies.
Speaker 7: This was when Hallmark back in the day was doing a lot of Who Done It for Christmas? Then I did a stint On when they tried to do it. I did a stint on Law and Order.
Speaker 2: We'll go with that, and your stint on Lawn Order.
Speaker 8: Stint On Law and Order. It was when they were trying to do a kid's Law and Order didn't work.
Speaker 7: Monitor and Order wasn't It wasn't the But what can I say? I have been working since since ads were only men.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is crazy.
Speaker 9: We're sitting so you have I'm sorry, do you have a female ade that you have a specific Probably if there's something, you brought that up.
Speaker 6: They just don't have the authority.
Speaker 5: Can I say.
Speaker 6: About I just like being told.
Speaker 7: What to do my woman, the director, I get it, you could be creative.
Speaker 3: We have any first ad, Lauren. I'm fucking terrified her. She has my number.
Speaker 2: The women a D are more scary.
Speaker 12: They are pretty much guys be nicer. The women ads are scary.
Speaker 7: I think those pockets are performative. I don't think they have a lot of caraveners. I don't like it. But anyway, Yes, I've been here a wrong long time.
Speaker 1: And we've been you've been the detective. Can you give us your detective name? We were all dying for you to say your detective name, and you're.
Speaker 7: Oh, yeah, serious, Yes, detective Snow Christmas.
Speaker 2: Detective Snow Christmas catchphrase.
Speaker 8: Look like it's going to Christmas Now.
Speaker 13: He's going to Christmas Snow like it's almost like you set yourself up to succeed and then you you just airball it right at the end, it look like.
Speaker 7: It's going to Christmas now because because what's funny is he's a little funny guy because he's saying no, but he's saying snow. It looks like because he always says it on the East, he looks.
Speaker 4: Like, it.
Speaker 2: Looks like it's going to Christmas.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: And the crazy the craziest thing also is that looks like it's going to Christmas.
Speaker 2: It's not a.
Speaker 4: Phrase to be a catchphrase. Use it every episode because.
Speaker 7: It's always a Christmas, always Christmas, and it always is like, right, Christmas in Hawaii, Oh, yes, Christmas only or in express.
Speaker 2: Yes, side Christmas or Christmas.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 8: I could sleep on planes, So they use that and they ship me off.
Speaker 7: Tried to say, because they thought my greatest strength is an actor.
Speaker 8: That I can sleep on We don't have to buy a hotel.
Speaker 2: It's so nice that that's what they consider.
Speaker 6: Use that.
Speaker 1: You said I can say places, They oh, we can use that.
Speaker 8: I was thirty two, I remember.
Speaker 7: It was so it was in the fifties, and I said I could sleep on planes in my audition and that's why I always tell young actors if I talk to them now, I say, lead with your strengths, because you never know that might be what they use it for.
Speaker 6: Yes, you have to lead with your strength.
Speaker 14: You do.
Speaker 8: Oh and speaking of strengths, please, oh, thank you.
Speaker 5: I'm absolutely chopped. Oh my name is a Jock.
Speaker 9: Cl On Saint Pe tailcoat and I am.
Speaker 4: Tail coat.
Speaker 2: They pay out the cod.
Speaker 5: Say what I said one more time?
Speaker 15: Now there's no chance I'll remember that claudetail Jock.
Speaker 5: How about Jock? But you might know me as.
Speaker 9: My Monica a little more because I have the show The Conversation Detective.
Speaker 5: In foremost different groups.
Speaker 9: Of people who are having conversations, they lose their train of thought and they say, what were.
Speaker 5: We just talking about?
Speaker 9: And then I come in and I put the pieces into together and solved what they were just talking about?
Speaker 2: Useful? It's a children's show, is it?
Speaker 5: I love adults. It's for a regular problem adults.
Speaker 4: Who still watched, Like, hey, Arnold, I love the worst.
Speaker 8: I love the show. I find cigarettes. I find it so fascinating.
Speaker 7: Especially in my later years as a dying old man, I find myself constantly losing my thought constantly, so it's it's almost like tetris of the mind to watch it, to watch you put it together, because it's beautifully relaxing.
Speaker 9: Of the mind. It's sort of because you have to put the pieces together, what with the characters saying, you know.
Speaker 6: Putting the pieces together is the theme tune of the show.
Speaker 9: Putting the pieces together, putting the pieces together, jigsaw, putting that piece of together.
Speaker 6: It's almost so many of the amazons happened at game night.
Speaker 7: Yes, and the tone is almost like HGTV shows where.
Speaker 8: It's kind of like in and out. You come in there, you.
Speaker 2: Solve it out.
Speaker 3: I definitely feel like the use of h g TV cameras rights chill right.
Speaker 9: It is shot very bright because we're not solving murders here. You were talking about your sister in temper that led you to, oh, is she doing okay after everything that happened, which led you to of course the crisis of the mental health crisis of our country, which really which use was sparked because you saw the movie Obsession.
Speaker 3: So what I love about this too is very similar to you know what my favorite shows murder, She wrote, You look around and you watch angela Lansbury. You watch this woman show up and you go, how does there happen to be a murder? Every single place she goes, Right, she walked into old coffee shop, there's a murder, Like, how is it happening? Same with you? You were just living your normal life and all of a sudden.
Speaker 5: I wish I didn't have to do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to turn the hat on.
Speaker 9: But everywhere I go in this series, you know, it's it's, uh, wait, what were we just talking about?
Speaker 5: And it's like I have to spring into action.
Speaker 7: And I love the rare episodes that'll come in the spin off. When it's a woman going down the stairs, she gets down to the living room, she goes, why did I come down here?
Speaker 8: Again?
Speaker 5: Yes? What was I looking for for?
Speaker 4: Successful?
Speaker 3: I love I love that episode where that happens. What did they come in this room for it? Because they justified why you were a load in a room.
Speaker 5: And woman looking for her glasses and you're going.
Speaker 8: I bet you're wondering what you're looking for?
Speaker 6: Chapped And that was one of the biggest hits of the pandemic.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, yes, huge.
Speaker 6: You had to be on your own. You just shot it in your own house.
Speaker 5: I shot it in my own house.
Speaker 9: A lot of the crimes were my own, my own questions, because what did I come in here for? Well, I am hungry. Maybe that has something to do with it. No, no, no, but this journal, I'm holding a journal. I know I'm feeling pensive after being dumped. Hmm, but that's not all there is.
Speaker 2: Oh would you.
Speaker 5: Look at that?
Speaker 9: It's it's piers.
Speaker 2: That I could watch That shot.
Speaker 8: Was the clue.
Speaker 5: Paying attention, I'd say this was a clue, a clup of bathrooms.
Speaker 2: This is always a klue for bathrooms.
Speaker 6: And thank you for always highlighting this was a clue.
Speaker 8: Yes, that's somebody who.
Speaker 6: Doesn't like to be surprised.
Speaker 2: I like to be talked.
Speaker 6: This one is a clue, and I think I want I want to show.
Speaker 5: That people could still be on their phones too. It's gonna love.
Speaker 6: Second, maybe even third or fourth screen.
Speaker 7: I love the ending of that episode, the tag after the credits, because you go, oh, I have to pee. It's credits go by, and then you go, but I'm hungry, let's eat first.
Speaker 4: I think it's fine.
Speaker 6: There's always a twist.
Speaker 2: You know you're you're eating there. So that's one of the many things.
Speaker 9: That's one of the one of the main reasons I go into many rooms.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Amen, Amen, say hey guys, that's always what I say.
Speaker 2: I always say that too.
Speaker 8: Do you find do you find it?
Speaker 7: Sometimes you are a little more detective in your normal life.
Speaker 8: And the cameras.
Speaker 6: Come up to me constantly and say Agatha, And that's not my name, that's my character's name, obviously, but they don't know that. They say, Agatha, my father was killed in a horrifying stabbing and they've never found the killer.
Speaker 8: This happens all the time.
Speaker 14: I say all the time, all the time, Darling, And I said, I don't know how to do that. I'm just an actor trauma ucky, Darling, I'm just an actor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, donkey, it's hardy.
Speaker 1: I saw that video that went viral of you kind of screaming at that woman who just lost her best friend to a murder.
Speaker 9: Yes, but I think she's always just I don't know, did did you do it?
Speaker 6: You probably did it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you accused her best friend of killing her.
Speaker 5: The funeral, Yeah, you've brought you probably bloody did it?
Speaker 8: Why are we at the funeral?
Speaker 6: I like going to funerals?
Speaker 5: Is that a problem.
Speaker 6: No, the sandwiches are excellent. I like to have a little cry at somebody else's expense.
Speaker 9: Funerals two three times a week. So this feels like you're going grocery shopping almost.
Speaker 6: Oh, yes, you know. I mean, I'm not going to any I'm not planning on going to any but I'm walking around town. I'm going on my lit larrens my little basket around my elbow, and I go, oh, look, there's a lot of sad people over there. I wonder where they're going.
Speaker 7: That's nice, But but you have no instinct to look for the murder or put the pieces together.
Speaker 6: Instinct, no talent. My only talents are learning lines, forgetting lines. And I know there's a third thing that I'm.
Speaker 8: Good at, usualep on planes.
Speaker 6: You know, this is the first time I've ever been on a plane and I did sleep.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's good.
Speaker 8: Don't tell your agents that you'll work forever.
Speaker 3: Oh dear, don't tell.
Speaker 8: You'll never get a day off in your life.
Speaker 4: I would agree with don't tell, Cassie. I would agree with that.
Speaker 6: Do not.
Speaker 5: Sleep on planes.
Speaker 8: Yes, you won't ever see your loved ones again.
Speaker 3: I will say people for me, they don't expect me to solve crimes, but they do expect me to talk to their guns, and that is annoying.
Speaker 4: They got to their face the say what's he saying? What's he saying?
Speaker 8: What color are his eyes?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And then he looked they look down the barrel.
Speaker 3: How many eyes does it have, because as you know, they have anywhere between three hundred and eight hundred and our biologists.
Speaker 9: In a way, well, I heard you're doing those you know how pet psychics will do readings.
Speaker 5: I heard I heard you're doing virtual readings on the side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he opened the cameo.
Speaker 3: It's so fact though. People are sending me like what is my gun thinking right now? And then I have to call and be like, hey Carlo, good to see your guns.
Speaker 4: Seems to be a little hungry right now.
Speaker 6: You're calling people cameo.
Speaker 4: I call him, I say him a video back. It's so impersonal. Pay for the cameo. What he gons eat? Well, the thing is a bullet is actually throw up for a gun.
Speaker 2: I thought it was calm.
Speaker 5: The trigger is the leg, the leg.
Speaker 12: The bullet is okay, look first draft the bullet was coming.
Speaker 4: Of course. Of course, of course, as we come in o girl of a sudden, sugar's leg. Fine, bullet's a drop?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: What's the food?
Speaker 3: Polish muskets with the musket when they put the stick, I thought that was.
Speaker 4: No, it's like energy bars, supplements. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know paid that biologist.
Speaker 4: There's a lot we didn't pay that biologist. And it's everything I can ask you.
Speaker 7: Maybe I'm just your dying man, But do you ever feel like politically you're behind something? Being on cameo, not even on script as the character, but as yourself being on cameo reading people's guns. Do you think you're pro gun and promoting that?
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 3: I'm in a bit of a gray area that expected to be in as an actor.
Speaker 4: I don't really have an opinion on guns.
Speaker 2: No opinion on guns.
Speaker 4: I'm not allowed to.
Speaker 6: I've heard this new term coppaganda that the children are saying. That was the young one on my shirt. Her name is Mason. She was playing somebody called Mason, yes, telling me coppaganda, and the kids don't like it at all.
Speaker 3: I don't like it, that's true. And to be clear, my guy's a piece of ship and I don't like him. And if I met him on the street. I'd kill him myself.
Speaker 2: You kill him.
Speaker 6: That's because he has all the guns in the world on his You.
Speaker 3: Literally would tell the guns to do what they need to do. It sucks, It sucks. He's actually a really, really bad guy. He's the only one who speaks to guns and they do his bidding.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's really innocent teenager in the first episode, and it's presented.
Speaker 8: It's so right.
Speaker 7: Cops used to look pretty on camera. Now they look like ship. They're cheating on their wives, their daughters. All of their daughters hate them, and they hate drinking. Making anti herols, Oh.
Speaker 6: I don't like it. The only kind of anti heroes I like are the types that are aunts, a lot of nieces and nephews.
Speaker 2: I heard you're doing a spinoff series called.
Speaker 6: An anti Hero. Yes, it's spin offs. Well, I had the producers make a lot more money. If we do a spin off, you get You get paid for the first one and for the second one. You see you see, and I am an ep on the on anti Hero. We will be getting paid up to three hundred pounds per episode, which I'm quite excited about.
Speaker 2: What do you see a little bit about anti Hero.
Speaker 6: Yes, well, you know, I am am just sort of wandering around. I go to different places on holiday. You know, it's not dissimilar to murder, she wrote, But that's a rip off of its own. You know, it's also Miss Marple. And then one of my nephews or nieces or step nephews, stepanee, his nephews and law nieces in law come to me and say, Auntie, I've got a problem and only her hero can solve it. And then I solve it.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is cozy TV.
Speaker 4: It's nice to.
Speaker 3: See people talk about nieces and laws.
Speaker 4: I feel like you never talk.
Speaker 7: About hold on, there's something Jennifer.
Speaker 8: Jennifer's Jennifer the dialysis.
Speaker 4: Lean forward again. There's a knife.
Speaker 8: That's not why I don't feel well. It can't.
Speaker 6: No, there's a knife in your back, and incredibly shallow knife.
Speaker 2: Look what it says on it. Pull it out and look what it says on it.
Speaker 5: It says.
Speaker 2: It sells season renewal.
Speaker 5: No, I have to go. No, I wanted it to weak. I wanted to A knife said season renewal. Now what toose we have?
Speaker 6: Well, Christmas is a season.
Speaker 5: Christmas is it season?
Speaker 2: It was season renewal. Somebody stab them?
Speaker 4: No, I told you.
Speaker 6: I'm no fucking good at totally anybody else's mysteries. I'm not a detected I.
Speaker 4: Don't do the knights. I don't speak the knights.
Speaker 9: You can't speak to a Is it a thing where a knife is a different accent than a gun but they're speaking the same language or is it just.
Speaker 3: Entirely it's like verbal English to a s L. It's like a different it's a physical.
Speaker 6: Construction read the same language.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a syntax.
Speaker 6: I'm bleeding.
Speaker 1: Oh god, we got to figure out this mystery. Why did somebody stab you with a knife? That's a season renewal.
Speaker 16: I it has to be the name of a person season Cecily seasons, cecil season, cecil seasoning.
Speaker 6: Cecil sead hboah cecil seasoning.
Speaker 13: She seasons, not season hbo was named cecil.
Speaker 6: And I don't trust her as far as I come from making decisions about television.
Speaker 7: She doesn't need pockets cecil seasoning.
Speaker 2: Where would somebody means half last name?
Speaker 4: The NiFe covered with the word.
Speaker 5: We must be something.
Speaker 6: She's going to something sort of camp for rew, maybe.
Speaker 3: In some sort of substance like situation where she's rejuvenating herself.
Speaker 7: Yes, maybe I am the old version of cecil seasoning renewal.
Speaker 6: Maybe sucking the life out of your nurses are looking mighty suspicious back there.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get off that Nintendo switch. I told you your job is to keep me alive. Why would the nurses be looking suspicious? Are you saying that maybe one of them stabbed.
Speaker 6: That w.
Speaker 2: Let's know, let's we've got to solve this mystery.
Speaker 5: That's the name of the mystery.
Speaker 2: I don't have a solution.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go bring the nurses up here, and you guys need to ask them because I'm going to die and you must put.
Speaker 4: Oh no, when you get the nurses.
Speaker 3: All I ask is that they come and they sit where you sat so we could get the framing.
Speaker 4: You don't need to stand.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go get to the nurses.
Speaker 4: Thank you, And is all right? Guys? Why do you guys doing interrogations?
Speaker 2: Well, this is I'm intense.
Speaker 4: You handle this one. I got I'll lead.
Speaker 2: And you guys jump in when you can't. This is good. Okay, the nurses are coming up. It seems like don't nurses need to stand up.
Speaker 5: All right, and it seems like we got one nurse Jennifer.
Speaker 10: Hi, if that is your real names, that's really good.
Speaker 8: Interesting, I know something about cecil seasonings.
Speaker 6: I hear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or did you know that before I heard that?
Speaker 8: I'm right down there.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess this is just.
Speaker 6: What's your favorite color?
Speaker 5: We all know we have to TESTATIONIP.
Speaker 2: With the guy. What's his name? No, what's his name?
Speaker 7: Vextabule's best, vestibules best something.
Speaker 8: I don't know. He's an old guy. What do I care? I just like stealing his cash?
Speaker 5: And why did you walk in this room today? And why did you steal his cash?
Speaker 8: Because the old man is going to die any second. I don't know.
Speaker 7: If you want to talk to somebody, talk to my other fellow nurse, Habitha.
Speaker 6: Is she even further away than you were?
Speaker 7: She?
Speaker 8: I'll go get her.
Speaker 2: Okay, you seem pretty guilty, but let's talk to Habitha.
Speaker 8: Talk to Habitha. She's got something to say. I do it steal Okay, so the.
Speaker 2: Why is right there? Why would you do it to steal.
Speaker 5: All of his money?
Speaker 1: But there's still nothing.
Speaker 6: I think that.
Speaker 9: Behind the person the knife was that the season renewal indicates there will be more money afoot to be.
Speaker 5: The stars of the show.
Speaker 4: Someone called for.
Speaker 5: You're looking already suspicious season renewal.
Speaker 7: What does that mean to you? You're talking about the bloody knife?
Speaker 5: They already?
Speaker 2: How did you know?
Speaker 7: All I know is we got a nil envelope last night. We were me and all the galla envelope of a nil envelope.
Speaker 4: Oh, I knows.
Speaker 7: Me and all the gals were hanging out by the diner across the street from Vextibule's house.
Speaker 2: We did that.
Speaker 8: After the shift. We got a vanilla envelope. It said he has a knife, put it in his back tomorrow. Before the podcast. Wait you did it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, whoever we were signed by a hit man?
Speaker 5: Whoever sent that you were by a hit man?
Speaker 8: Hit man.
Speaker 6: Up to it? We just does go to jail.
Speaker 9: I just remembered something a rule I walked into in part of an episode, the vanilla factory.
Speaker 5: Where you may have gotten.
Speaker 2: This is your show that you're talking about.
Speaker 8: Seasoning no seasonings, because vanilla.
Speaker 5: It reminds me of a room I walked into. It was a vanilla factory.
Speaker 9: And you know where that vanilla factory was situated right next door to h b O.
Speaker 2: In the show or in figure out what's reading?
Speaker 10: Hey, listening life.
Speaker 8: I'm just a lonely nurse. But maybe I don't know. Maybe HBO would profit off of my boss dying.
Speaker 2: Habitha, you did the stab it? Yeah, convince you to stab your boss.
Speaker 8: Oh my, you should talk to you should talk to agent.
Speaker 5: Who's here with us?
Speaker 12: Whoever hass all the infot you're all listening, the one who knows all of it, come.
Speaker 4: Up and talk to us.
Speaker 17: Let me let me get him. He's got his air pods in agent, let's go. Let's go over the clues.
Speaker 5: This is as.
Speaker 2: That says the season renewal. He is going to ruin the season renewal. Knife.
Speaker 1: We've got the scent of we have the head of season and no Habitha and the nurses did the actual stab it.
Speaker 6: And we know that they have been a sign via a hit man, and I guess twenty four of them are hit men them.
Speaker 13: But.
Speaker 4: She just steals the money to the top.
Speaker 2: We're gonna figure out who did this. Oh, here's the agent.
Speaker 4: Oh, here's the agent, walking like an agent. I s toddo.
Speaker 2: How do you know my name?
Speaker 6: You're a famous agent?
Speaker 9: Todd, why don't you go ahead and tell us what you know about this whole stabbored situation? What?
Speaker 2: What do I get? What do you get?
Speaker 6: Syndication?
Speaker 2: What indication?
Speaker 5: Listen?
Speaker 7: I might have some information, but I didn't know I'd be talking to four of the greatest actors in our industry.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: That's very kind.
Speaker 2: Listen, Todd, I got you on camera touching little kids. You tell me what you did. Why I leak it to the press, and your ass is fucking grass?
Speaker 9: Do you.
Speaker 6: Listen, Tod? I got this. Listen, Tod. I don't have an American agent, and I'm willing to put all of this aside if you're willing to sign me right here, right now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the of the brunch of spin off dude looked?
Speaker 6: Did?
Speaker 8: Did?
Speaker 2: Look good?
Speaker 4: For to listen to be I've been talking to in your safe.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 4: He says you and your through some weird ass ship in the bedroom, like what like fuck with the bingo wheel.
Speaker 2: Wheel and then you spinning around.
Speaker 6: And the gun can see this from inside the safety.
Speaker 8: That's more embarrassing than a bluff about me touching kids.
Speaker 4: You better start talking away. By the way, that was a bluff.
Speaker 2: That was nice to watch this.
Speaker 9: Wait a minute, I have some information you may you may be you may be interested in this information.
Speaker 2: I got this. I got this, Actually I got this.
Speaker 6: What do you got?
Speaker 9: I remember a conversation you had. What you were talking about, something you were talking about on the phone, something about.
Speaker 5: I could make all of this go away, something about a.
Speaker 9: New project, a season forever renewal, A TV show that never ends, goes on and on my friends.
Speaker 3: If you wanted this show that never that goes on and on, my friend, why would you stab Vestibule with a knife?
Speaker 5: That says because Vestibule was already dying.
Speaker 3: But what if hold on a minute, the knife stabbed, but Vegetabule did not die, So the stab what if the knife was made out of something that.
Speaker 6: An anti knife?
Speaker 2: Someone I did?
Speaker 13: I know?
Speaker 2: I do it again, because you wanted to steal his season renewal.
Speaker 5: And BBC was not gonna let you have that show forever?
Speaker 4: Were they?
Speaker 5: I wanted to buy all of you have yachts that I will have just.
Speaker 6: A little dinghy that I ride around the harbor.
Speaker 10: Actor in the UK, And of course it's those Welsh and Scotts people's vaults and I don't know, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know is from England?
Speaker 4: England?
Speaker 6: Yes, well everything's from England eventually kind of.
Speaker 5: That'sbill, get up here.
Speaker 8: Why didn't you tell us she killed you?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: This is gonna take it.
Speaker 4: Kylie was just telling me the funniest thing.
Speaker 5: It's the funniest thing.
Speaker 9: You can become a Patreon member and hear more about our lives, the episodes and other fun things we're doing on the side.
Speaker 5: Isn't it hilarious?
Speaker 4: Isn't that just a trip?
Speaker 18: Isn't that so?
Speaker 6: Like us?
Speaker 3: For three to five to ten dollars a month, we literally will do all that kind of stuff on Patriarchy join.
Speaker 2: Us and we have merch.
Speaker 18: You know, we actually have a piece of merch that was voted on by the patrons that we made in real life. It's a set of air pod headphones covers that say, if these fuckers is empty, I'm listening to AOA o AA.
Speaker 5: So you gotta get on the Patreon because I think that's pretty fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys are doing some funny stuff and we're loving it too, and we're loving it.
Speaker 5: Where are those thatts from? They're from artists on artists on artists on artists dot Com.
Speaker 4: That's right. We call this ad two for one enjoy the rest of the eye.
Speaker 2: So let's put it together a way. He's walking walk. You stabbed him with something called an anti knife.
Speaker 5: Anti knife that's.
Speaker 1: Said to seize renewal. Is you smell the vanilla? You well, actually you didn't stab them.
Speaker 6: You got the nurses to snap and it specifically said season renewal because I want to have an American show because in England we would call it a sea.
Speaker 2: So why though, what is an anti knife?
Speaker 4: It makes them stronger strings back to life. So you want to work with this?
Speaker 2: Fine? We did it together together, Okay, they'll they'll wrap it up for us. Perfect fine together.
Speaker 7: It doesn't make sense that Agatha run should do it because she didn't do it alone. I from the beginning of this have told you I want to die, Yet she doesn't want to work with Mason the gen zine.
Speaker 6: I don't well, it's flopping around with that floppy air.
Speaker 2: Together.
Speaker 8: We did a trade. I should kill me take the show, but I can finally rest.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: But obviously I love a cozy mystery and a murder well entertaining. It isn't really in my millieure, my wheelhouse, and so I had an Auntie knife created by the great scientists of London to renew this man forever, so that we can be a double act of detectives.
Speaker 2: Wow, flawless plot, amazing tie all tied.
Speaker 9: Wait a minute, are you too actually TV detectives.
Speaker 5: Or are you a writing staff in disguise?
Speaker 2: Writers?
Speaker 5: Let's me Dylan.
Speaker 4: Writers.
Speaker 8: It has been ours and ours and ours and answer the question. That's how they call it.
Speaker 2: Jovis Chewan, thank you for being here today. Do you want to plug anything? We'll put your ats in the watch.
Speaker 6: To mention twentyre in l a come and see more.
Speaker 4: We literally.
Speaker 7: I every time, but schewan literally on stage does wrap up an entire higher momo scene and makes it look Good's fun.
Speaker 6: It's fun, It's fun.
Speaker 2: And then your movie too.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, the greatest treasure in the world that we're shooting in some ow see right here laser Vision. Also by laser Vision.
Speaker 7: We love you, guys, coming from you from the beautiful writer Patreon.
Speaker 5: We'll talk about it. They'll see there. Bye.
Speaker 3: Artists on Artists on Artists on Artists is an improvised Hollywood roundtable podcast created and hosted by Kylie Brakman, Jeremy Colhayne, Angeli Geritana, and Patrick McDonald. It is a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeartMedia Podcasts. Executive produced by Matt Apodaca and produced by Alexandra Dennis and Laser Vision Productions. Music by Gabrielle Ponton and edited by Connor McCabe. Thumbnail art by Josh Florey and logo designed by Lucy tom Kowitz. Special thanks to Samuel Curtis and the Beautiful Dynasty Typewriter Theater. The opinions expressed on this podcast do not reflect the opinions of ane who works on it, not even the performers, because this is an improvised podcast and we don't know what the heck we're talking about. Full video versions of AOA O AOA are available on YouTube, so please like and subscribe and leave us five star reviews wherever you get your podcasts. That's all for now, Goodnight, Hollywood,