Speaker 1: It's nine oh two one OMG with Jenny Garth and friends. You guys have been asking for this in the comments section, and guess what today is? The day? The beautiful, the one and only Lindsey Price, who played Janet Sosna, is my guest today. Hello Lindsey, Hi. It has been such a long time in the coming because we've been wanting to have you for so long and I'm just really glad that you're here.
Speaker 2: We made it happen. I'm sorry the last time we were I think we were supposed to meet but then our travel got delayed. Anyway, you're here now, it doesn't matter. Oh you Okay?
Speaker 1: So after the show, yeah, you worked and worked and worked. You did some really great stuff. You did well. Was that show Eastwick? You did Lipstick Jungle?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did Splitting Up Together?
Speaker 2: What am I missing?
Speaker 1: Those were three well received shows that lasted.
Speaker 2: They lasted a while, and then the rest of it is stuff, as you know, that never like makes the air. I was lucky because I kept working, but you were lucky. Yeah, it was hard to It's hard when, as you know, also when you have little ones to just move to Atlanta for three months or whatever it was, you know, so I had to pick and choose things. And yeah, anyway, I'm not done yet. I keep going.
Speaker 1: That's good. I love that about you. You are a hard worker, You're profession.
Speaker 2: It's just what I am. I think it's more than the hard work. And I appreciate you saying that because my mom would be happy to hear I'm a hard worker. But I think I more than anything. It's just it's what I love, you know, like it's a part of my actual composition to me an artist and an actor tell stories.
Speaker 1: You hear no drama either, which is so refreshing. It's like, you know, you're not one of those actresses that comes in with her entourage and you know, has her all the things, and it is always, you know, got some story to tell, some dramatic situation going on in her personal life. You are very You're very stable person. I've always been so drawn too that I remember I always tell you this every time I see you, though, But I always used to talk about you when you weren't around, and I would say, Lindsay is the most beautiful woman I have ever met. That's crazy, you know. I tell you this every time and it's the truth. Oh, Like, I had no reason to say that to you back in the day other than the truth that you just have the most beautiful arms. You're just your hair is so pretty, your teeth are perfect. Like, you're just beautiful.
Speaker 2: I'm not sucking up to you either.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's very kind. I know. Whenever you've ever said this, I've always said to you, it's so odd because I went onto the show with you guys who were literally icons of beauty and fashion, and always felt like the odd, funny one like I've never ever felt and even to this day like and I know I've played roles that were supposed to be glamorous and whatever else. I don't see myself that way.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, girl, I'm gonna shake you right now.
Speaker 2: I'm not unhappy, you know what I mean, But I don't like, I'm just happy to be here when I go to the work, and I think, I think our job as actors is to sort of disappear, do you know what I mean. We're supposed to be the person that we're portraying. We're not actually supposed to like be some superstar when you go on to a set, you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's not all about you. It's supposed to it's not supposed to be all.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not. I really, I'm very I understand why people feel that when you kind of have to pump yourself up in order to do the job that you're asked to do. But I I'm it's not my I love it when I see that kind of you know, posturing or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so interesting. So when tell me about what you what you went through for the audition process to play the character of Janet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had auditioned for Aaron's spelling a couple of times before. But I think everyone sort of has this story. They're like a million times and I kept coming back, but I had moved. I went to high school in New York, and I'd moved back home to LA specifically to work on a show, not nine Out two. And now I think, Oh, I did a soap and it was a couple of months and what was on it was Bold and the Beautiful.
Speaker 1: Old in the Beautiful Yeah I think, I like, yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was like a really good and beautiful.
Speaker 3: It was hopefully they hired me so but I did a couple of months of that show, and I think I auditioned while I was still on it, but I was like fresh out of high school, maybe nineteen, I.
Speaker 2: Can't remember, but what I remember was that it was a guest star or reoccurring role. I don't know why. The woman that was playing the secretariat the Beverly beat was was they were replacing her, but they But that was the audition, so I just thought it was going to be a couple of episodes. I think, if I remember correctly, it was only like three two or three, and it was like a Girl Friday roll, like, here's your envelope, Steve, and oh Brandon, a message came in for you, you know. But it was my favorite show ever growing up, and so the idea of being on it was just like epic for me.
Speaker 1: I mean, you had the most wonderful thing happened, because yeah, you started out slow as like a peripheral supporting character in season eight, but yeah, and you really did have very few scenes whenever they were in the office. Right like you said, but you won everyone over. You won the audience over, you won the actors over, you won the people in the offices, the top people over, and they started writing more for you. And made you into this really important character.
Speaker 2: It was wild. Those stories that you hear every once in a while, it actually happens to someone when they just work hard and do their job. Yeah, you know, you're sort of rewarded for it. It doesn't always work that way. I just I think I remember. Also, you know, Ian is so funny, and the show has taken on, so it's I mean, I love the show and I always will love the show because it was always both drama and comedy. It was always rom calm and also gave like real world issues a look for young people. And when your characters all got older and you were in the workplace and you know, trying to figure out your your young lives. You know. I think the Steve character, he really started to like take a turn and shine when you could see his sort of comedy. So we had that banter back and forth, and it was kind of I think a parent that like maybe Janet wasn't the typical bombshell, like she was brainy and you know, sarcastic, and they wrote it with that type of humor and everything just clipped, you know what I mean, Like I don't know if it was necessary that I was so fabulous. But it was that it was really clicking between the characters, and that I think was the audience was probably ready to see him do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your character was like the perfect fodder for his character. You guys like it was spurry, It was you know, it had like moments of you didn't know, do I want them to get together? Do I not? I don't know. I had forgotten though, that the that he you you kind of wanted your character wanted to be with Steve initially and like invited yourself to a party or something.
Speaker 2: I think it was like it was actually the reunion episode. It was your your It was reunion high school reunion and I'd been working in the office and he asked me to go as sort of like a placeholder because he was trying to make someone else think that he was like a quality guy or something. But I but my character was was falling for him, and he did something sort of rude or just dismissive.
Speaker 1: He took his clothes off in the locker room. Yeah, yeah, he was going to get with somebody. You were there, but she goes to the locker room and I yes.
Speaker 2: And actually Randy Spelling had told me like a couple days, or maybe it was actually at the Rap Party, because Aaron asked me to be be a regular at the Rap Party for season eight, and that accisode had aired and we had this scene where Steve comes to the door and he's like, I'm sorry, and we had this really real emotional moment. And Randy said that he watched that scene and he told his dad, you have to hire She's like an amazing actor and whatever else, and so Aaron listened to him. I guess. So I don't know, Well, that's one part of the story.
Speaker 1: Another part at the Rap party, Tory and I don't know in what condition we were at that time, but Aaron had taken us aside and was like, what do you think of Lindsay. You know, we were like, we love Lindsey. She fits right in. She's like the perfect person for Steve's character. And we were just like glowing you up. And I think that was the like moment where he was like, Okay, I'm getting this from both my kids at this point, may probably listen and I mean, I know he loved you too to even entertain that thought. Yeah, but we were just like, yes, she has got to stay on the show.
Speaker 2: That's that's to be honest with you, like that, that moment and you guys and the friendship set that I I I got because of that experience were more valuable to me than even ever being on the show. Because I was, like, you know, a young kid like in the industry since I was young, so I wasn't in an actual high school. And how surreal for me to like be socially accepted and loved by you guys who I watched on TV because I wasn't actually going to high school. It's so it's very there's so many layers of it, you know, And we really, we really did. You really were a part of my life and like my my youth and my like development with friendships. It was pretty special.
Speaker 1: It served a pretty prominent point in all of our developments, I think, I mean, I know, right, because that was our environment. That was it, That's where we all kind of grew up.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: And I just know that, you know, I loved I always loved working with you, and you were always just happy and in a good mood and pleasant and prepared. You were just you were like the perfect acting partner and you fit seamlessly into the cast, so we were all just thrilled that you were there.
Speaker 2: I you know, it's mutual. I remember, like we used to have so much fun. Though we used to like put on weird wigs and laugh and the trailer and everything that I remember is actually offset, you know. I definitely remember certain scenes and the work that we did and feeling really lucky that they wrote me into scenes with everybody. You know. I loved our scenes together, and but it's the off camera stuff that I remember the most.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like one of your favorite memories.
Speaker 2: We you and I in particular, were always super gigly. But I remember, like probably towards the end when I think it was Janet's bachelorette party, maybe it was a baby shower. Was the baby shower or was it? Or was it Donna's It was Donna's bachelor Okay, and this is so naughty, but you know, we had shot like our important parts of the scenes, but someone brought yellow shots. I think it was some time. About this a million times, but like I was not I was. I was such a good girl at work and we had tons of fun off off camera of course, but like we were, there was the moment of knowing that I was included in this part of like TV history, but also having so much fun with you guys, my friends. It was so great. I don't know. It was a yellow shots. Also, didn't we all get bikes?
Speaker 1: Yes, that was one of the like a Christmas present for everybody. We got bicycles.
Speaker 2: We all got bikes.
Speaker 1: Where's that bike? Did you? You don't still have your bike now?
Speaker 2: I think I remember when I moved, I had to get rid of it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what it was such a random gift too, was and we were all we were around, Yeah, and we were famous at that point, not like we could go out on a bike ride that was total around on our bicycles exactly. There was just like a hundred bikes on the lot wherever we were on Kester and Calvert, is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and everyone was on their bikes in the parking lot. I just I just remember feeling like this is so like it's all kind of like a dream, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love it that you had that perspective, like coming into it, maybe even appreciating it more from your perspective.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wondered for you guys too, Like eight seasons is a long time that's a long time. And by the time I got there, those eight seasons were under your belt. And because of this what we're talking about, you know, growing and having your actual social life, your all of your moments, all of your sort of development happened in that atmosphere with those people. I always wondered how you guys felt in season eight. But you would like show up and do amazing work, and the characters would evolve and and you know, I just felt so so like lucky to be a part of the end there, because that's so emotional and iconic.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, I think we were. I for one was just it didn't ever I'm sure there are moments when it felt like work, and there were a lot of things that I had to like grow through. Yeah, but it felt it didn't feel like eight seasons. It didn't ever feel like this arduous, like I have to go to work. It felt like I'm going going to hang out all day with my friends and the crew and you know, just have a great day. Everybody's there together making something that you know, we were proud.
Speaker 2: Of, and you always pretty much led with that and felt that way you could tell, you know, like.
Speaker 1: I think so till the very end. I mean, I'm sure I had my moments, but or maybe when I was like trying to grapple with why this storyline or why this line or whatever, But in general, the feeling of just this is such a cool situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I oftentimes think, especially because you know today everything is like, you're lucky if you get one season of can we did like thirty two episodes or whatever it was? You know, I can't remember, but I always wonder if you look back and actually know that you were a part of something like it's you're like nine or two, and I was one out of a handful of shows that had that kind of run, had that sort of icon status for all of you, you know, Like I know, for me to this day, people were like Janet and it was so long ago, and I was literally I got.
Speaker 1: Of course they do. If I saw you in the grocery store, I would flip out, like Janet, especially because I watch the show every week now and just now is the time when you are starting to get a lot more airtime and more stories.
Speaker 2: Like where are you at now?
Speaker 1: We're episode twenty eight in season eight's we're almost through season eight? Because you kind of came in the middle. Baby that makes sense and a very slow grow yeah, which I was just talking with Amy about that. I appreciated because we got to know you before we were forced to accept you as not as an actor, but as a person watching the show a fan. I got to know you more, and then I was rooting for you instead of just having so often the characters were just like thrown in and we were all hanging out of the peach pit together, like no, there was no real backstory ever, but we've gotten to know a little bit more about you. That your parents were both hippies, just like fun stuff, and that you were you were feisty, and you didn't you know, you didn't lose your voice in front of your bosses. The guys at work. You know, they were young, but they were your bosses. And your time on the show actually touched on a lot of things like cultural differences, pregnancy before marriage, a career, a career driven woman who's not afraid of her sexual side. In the episode we just watched, I would, you know, everybody would want to know how much of Janet was actually Lendsy coming through those words so interesting.
Speaker 2: I've never thought about it until just now. What you just said was so was so interesting. But I think fans got to know Janet the way that you would get to know somebody in real life, someone you work with at the office, and do you have a couple of interactions and then like all the information starts to build, so you could really accept her as Steve's wife or like baby mama or whatever it was. Yeah, it was really a grown up storyline for me, to be honest. At that time, I had only had like a couple of boyfriends, do you know what I mean? Like I was literally not I was more grown up than other kids my age, but I was I didn't have I wasn't even close to living that type of life with like a office job and.
Speaker 1: How old are you in real life?
Speaker 2: When I need we need to google? But I feel like I know my kids google it. I had my twenty first birthday there with you guys, because I had I threw a prom party, do you remember, And we were in a warehouse downtown and I think I don't know if you were there, but it was definitely during that time. So like I was nineteen twenty twenty one, I think I was.
Speaker 1: So Yeah, being you weren't fully cooked yet.
Speaker 2: No, being married and having a baby and all that I was just it was just like so foreign to me. So it was for real acting. But her tone, her feminism, her sort of like feistiness, and intelligence, her Intelli. I don't want to say I'm you know this, like, yes, you were intelligence.
Speaker 1: You exuded an intelligence that none of the other characters really had.
Speaker 2: Those things were always really important to me as a person, to you know, like my education and morality and so all those things were very easy to play. Oh right, yeah, super aligned. But the having a baby and you know, getting married, married and all that stuff that was so far from where I was.
Speaker 4: So far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy when you say that, because I'm thinking where was I when this was happening. I had already had a baby and was in this like grown up situation of you know, homeowner, all the things that came of.
Speaker 2: All of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I remember just feeling like, yeah, my kid is in the trailer sleeping, but Lindsay's here and I'd rather hang out and giggle than go then go be a mom.
Speaker 2: Right now, we did so much giggling and so and actually I thought about you many, many, many times since, because I have, as a person and as an actor, struggled with the work life balance my heart because I've always done this, It's just a part of who I am. As I mentioned, my heart's always been into places. And I've had to be honest with you, a really hard time balancing the drive and the focus that it takes to be a successful actor. You know, you have to really give it your all, not just with your time but your attention, you know, balancing that with the type of mom I want to be. It has been really difficult for me. And I always think like, oh my god, Jenny was doing it that whole time and I didn't even notice, Like you did it so effortlessly. It seemed to fetless. Yeah maybe, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what I was doing. It was just try and figure it out as I was going.
Speaker 2: But you didn't lose your joy. You never seemed stressed, you know what I mean. Like it was really admirable to look back after I had babies and think and yeah, and I did. I really did think about you a lot, especially right when the when when the boys were little babies, I was just doing pilots.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about the boys for a second, yeah, when you when I found out that you had a baby, I was like over the moon because I don't know, I just felt like I had watched you grow up and then you had a baby in real life, and in my in my mind, I was like, oh, Steven Janet had a baby, But it wasn't Steve or Janet. It was you and your your wonderful husband, Curtis Stone, and it just made me so happy. The life that you found for yourself and that you made for yourself just was like for me, it was always like, yes, I'm so happy for her.
Speaker 2: Thank you. But you know, I was always like in love with love, you know what I mean, Like I always wanted I wanted all of it, but I really loved being in a romantic relationship. You know. I wanted to give those parts of myself to somebody, but it is hard to find the right guy, especially also when you're working all the time, in all those hours and post nine o two and zero, I you know, thought I found it and it turned out to not be the thing, and continued to work and my sort of like work life started to completely take off, and my romantic life took a back seat, and I actually got to a point like after Lipstick Jungle, and that show was literally about like can women have it all? Like they like have their jobs and you know, their relationships as well. I've started to feel like I might not be able to find it. Guys were really like weird about success and how much time you give them. I mean you you know, it's it's really difficult to find someone. But then along came Curtis and he was artistic enough, like being a chef. The culinary art is actually an art, you know. It's the alchemy of taking you know, things that you feel and making somebody feel something, whether it's through you know, the way it tastes or or the way it's presented. So he was artistic enough, but the ausie side of him was very like it like in control of his masculinity, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like yes, confident, confident, that assy man typical. Yeah, how did you guys meet?
Speaker 2: It was a blind date like just before all the apps took off. So the friend that set us up actually said, you're you can't pick for yourself anymore, like not like the yeah, and she's like I found your husband, and she was right. I never felt like I needed to be set up. But that was that's what happened.
Speaker 1: And did you know, did you know when you met him that, oh, yeah, you're right, this is going to be my husband.
Speaker 2: I mean at that point I was not cynical, but just cautious, you know. And you look at him, he's just he looks like trouble. He's got like that like sort of but he's so not trouble.
Speaker 1: It's a funny thing. He looks like trouble, but he's you just know, he's a good guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I was pretty sure that he was not going to be the one. You know, he was just you know, throw it in a backpack, ausie travel, you know, cheffing like it was all kind of it sort of actually fits sort of what I was always attracted to, like a little bit unavailable, you know, but it turns out he wasn't. So yeah, very quickly, within a year we were buying a house and doing.
Speaker 1: At all, you know, having a baby.
Speaker 2: Having a baby.
Speaker 1: There's baby Hudson.
Speaker 2: He's fourteen. He's only fourteen. No, he looked like he's here seventeen, but he's he really does.
Speaker 1: And you guys have really championed for him and nurtured this artistic side of him and he's he is he going to be in the next camp Rock Rock?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He We did not intend for him to be in this business, like I really wanted him to just both boys. Emerson has expressed a little bit of interest in what I do, the acting, the make believe, you know, it seems cool to him. But Hick was always just a musician, right, and he was in a band and he played festivals. I mean, his band was like some kids would go to soccer practice and he would just have band practice and then you know, guitar and songwriting was just a part of what he did. And my manager was like, do you think you'd ever let him audition for something that was musical? And I kind of felt like that wasn't a good idea. And then he auditioned for camp Rock because when I was like, huts it how funny camp Rock? And it was a movie that he had watched a million times right via streaming, And then he got it. And then two weeks later, I'm like, I'm like a stage mom on the set the first time ever. Can you imagine being on a set and I'm like behind the monitor. And someone thought I was in the hair department at one point, like it.
Speaker 4: Was just the weirdest but most wonderful thing to like, I would rather watch him discover, you know, all the aspects and what's so cool about being an actor and an artist.
Speaker 2: Then at this point, you know, like I don't know, rather I really enjoy watching him do what he's doing. He and he absolutely crushed it because he's literally playing himself like a cool sort of musical you know, genius or whatever.
Speaker 1: So what is it like, though, are you scared at all about like letting him enter into the world of becoming, you know, a celebrity ultimately, because that's what about to happen, even more so than his notoriety with his band totally.
Speaker 2: I hmm. I had a really slow build as an actor, and I think that's what made things always low stress for me. I just kept doing my job and kept booking great roles. And you know, I'm a little nervous because I think what happens to young kids, especially in this like Disney Ecosystem. You know, he's he's recording an album, he's in this movie. It's just it's it's huge and and now social media. I just feel like it could all happen pretty fast. But he is the He is the coolest best kid in the world because he's like, if it all goes away tomorrow, how fun was this? You know? He has all these other aspects of his of his personality and what he loves that he's kind of taken mind. I'm just happy to be here mentality, you know. And he's very different from a kid that has been sort of wanting it, and you know, the family has been crafting this like star vehicle for them their whole lives. He's literally just doing what he loves to do. So I'm not worried about him as much as I'm worried about just the balance of keeping you know, a regular teen experience going with all this other amazing stuff. He's going on tour, Jenny, We're going to do like what we're gonna go do, Crypto Kia Arenas all across the country, and then he goes to Europe in February, and I'm literally getting.
Speaker 1: On the bus with him. You're going to be a butt on the bus? Are you going to get a bunk or do you think you'll get the bog a bunk?
Speaker 2: You get a bunk? He imagine me packing for this trip, but we're not gonna cloth, not gonna fit. No, I have to like have chic little capsule wardrobe. Like figure it out. But it's, you know, as weird as it is. And I don't care if people think. They probably think, oh, you know, she's not working, so she's like letting her kid do it. There's no vicarious living. I'm literally just observing this crazy thing that happened to him and.
Speaker 1: His mom with him, like yes.
Speaker 2: Because and look, at the end of the day, most boys this age are sort of pulling away and wanting, you know, to have less and less time with their parents. We literally get to laugh and experience something. For this one, it's literally a season. It's fall and one month you know, in the winter, and that's it. We'll remember it forever.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, everybody, you have to keep your eye out for what's about to happen with Lindsay's son, Hudson. He's about to be a super star. Who knows who knows? You, Well, we'll see. That's the best part about is nobody knows, but anything is possible.
Speaker 2: I guess I.
Speaker 1: Need to blog. I need you to do something for everyone when you're on that bus and tell us what it's like. Okay, I've been on the bus as the girlfriend. I've never been on the buses.
Speaker 2: I need to actually offline ask you some fun questions. I am. It's gonna be so funny. And also, nothing makes you feel older than hanging out with ultra cool fifteen sixteen seventeen year olds. And they the talent these days is just staggering, Like, yeah, they act and they're own movies like we did that, but they also dance and carry music, write music like HUD's written thirty four thirty forty songs since January, just like all of his his music, his lyrics, you know, it's wild.
Speaker 1: You've got to be really happy for him.
Speaker 2: I am, I as great.
Speaker 1: And is Emerson going too or is he staying with dad?
Speaker 2: He's He's gonna hop on a couple of times. Emerson rules this hap. He's the smartest of all of us, and you know, but he's eleven and he's I think he plays crazy club soccer and he's doing his you know, schooling, and I think he's gonna want to kind of keep all that going for the most part at home. So I'll hop on and off the bus obviously straight off and never be away from him for longer than a little bit.
Speaker 1: Ask Curtis down to go on the bus.
Speaker 2: He's too tall for the bus or whatever you call it. They literally, they were literally the other day they were like, if anyone's over six foot, it might be a struggle. And god, he's six four, he's gonna get on a couple of times. I think it's just wild. It'll be a really funny experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, I love this. I love it so much. It's like the next chapter. It's just so exciting. Who knows. Talk to me for a second about Baby to Baby because I know that's something that you have always been very invested in and it's very important to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, there's two different organizations that I love to work with, but I love Baby to Baby. I think that it's a wonderful collection of moms using their superpowers to help, you know, families and situations where they need support. I love it. I also work with Adopt Together, which is an organization that friends of ours from the boys preschool started, and because my mom was an orphan and I can see how her adoption created this ripple effect. I mean, she had nothing. You know, when she was born, she was abandoned, she had to take care of her baby brother. She was blessed enough to have an adoption, and look at the ripple effect. You know, she became someone who could have her own children and pay for the the love and gratitude that it takes, you know, to become a mom. Basically, you know, she she didn't have anyone teach her how to do that. She she learned from her adoption and that kind of love. So Adopt Together is an organization that helps crowd fundraise for adoptions because there's so many kids who want families, and there are so many parents who want to adopt, but the it's you know, extraordinarily expensive to do it. So Adopt Together helps connect those dots, the families and the kids and raise they raise money to make the adoptions possible. So I'm super passionate about it and love being a part of it.
Speaker 1: Oh that's important. I mean, yeah, it's cool. You're helping a lot of people. It's got to feel really good.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 1: And also in your mom's honor, like yeah, because your mom she's just like wow, she's a force.
Speaker 2: She's a force, you know, and I realize how lucky and blessed my situation has been in this lifetime, and she did not start that way, but her choices and the way that she had thought to survive and stay positive and give love, like she doesn't carry any of her pain or past into her parenting. My brother and I I just really respect and I want to honor her for sure. So this is just a small way to do it.
Speaker 1: And you lost your dad.
Speaker 2: I did. I lost my dad. He is the best. It was during COVID. It wasn't because of COVID, but it was twenty twenty and it just I don't know, it just reframed everything. You know. I miss him so much. He is such a good guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I can only imagine how I know how hard that is. But for your mom to go on, you know, And does she live with you or.
Speaker 2: She lives in the house that she was with my dad and my brother moved in to kind of take care of her. He's in school, he just graduated and got his degree to be a therapist. But ironically is that he's not like he can't give me therapy because that's against the rules. But I'm unfortunate that I keep that rule. Yeah, but it kind of worked out. I mean, she she was with him. It would have been fifty years the year that he passed, and he was the only reason. I think that she not the only reason, the main reason she clicked into this amazing, extraordinary person that she is because he saw her as she was and loved her for it. And you know, it's it's very different than just losing someone that you were married to for fifty years, like he was the person you know. So it's been it's been difficult, but look, grief, big grief, it is just a direct result of big love, you know, like it's the it's the same thing essentially. So yeah, it's been difficult.
Speaker 1: But well we're adulting now.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm so adulty.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you like this, I know.
Speaker 2: I mean you're sort of like in the normal I had kids late, but like your girls are grown. Yeah, yeah, what's that? Like?
Speaker 1: That's crazy because they're just their own people now and you only you sit back and watch and then you're there for them when they call on you.
Speaker 2: You know, do you are you always worried? Yeah? All the time. It's like a great anxiety all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know I don't. It's hard because like I'm always like, what if they call the middle of the night. I turn my ringer off now because I protect my sleep because I'm older and I really need my sleep. But you know, they're out there in this world in different time zones, and it's a lot.
Speaker 2: But it's the best thing.
Speaker 1: I know that you and I love being moms more than anything.
Speaker 2: So much, so much. But it is a total mental illness, isn't it. It is like it's just constant. I'm constantly like obsessing and looping over over some some aspect of being their their mom, and it's and I know it's love. And then I try to like let go and let God and my feet, you know, be like okay about things. But man, and I realized watching like my friends who have older kids, that I think it only gets a little bit worse because they're out of your house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you have to pretend like it's not worse. Ye, you have to pretend like you're happy for them at all times. But in your head, New York, it's like, okay, I can do this right. It's much much more difficult than like changing diapers and chasing toddlers yeah, I would love that. I would love to go back to that, but you still have a lot of joy left in these boys of yours. So I'm really really I know I said it before. I'm just really happy for you and I love you so much, and I'm so glad that you came on the show to talk to all of us, all of us hardcore fans of.
Speaker 2: I've been waiting. I've been waiting to be on the show. And right after I was like, yes, that's weird. It's so fun to it's so fun to talk to you, but it's also so fun to just remember that was a really really happy time in my life.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad. Yeah, mine too, Mine too. I love your girl, Thank you loving me too.
Speaker 2: Would you do speak