Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sideline.
Speaker 2: He is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wing Stuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 4: Gross, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: We got the man back.
Speaker 1: Can you look at live.
Speaker 4: At Tostitos Championship Plaza outside the Ford Center at the Star of Frisco, Texas, where we got a little bit of a repeeve. Today it was one hundred and five yesterday, today it was it one hundred and seven. Today it's only one hundred degrees with a high of one oh one a low of eighty. Don't even tell you about ox Star because it doesn't matter because all the action is here.
Speaker 6: At the Star. We got the group together.
Speaker 7: Who's here, Salt and Pepper, Poppy, Hey, San and Gross, Hey, Hey, Kurt Daniels, Hey in the bad together we make Hanging with the boys, the sports Talk, Quil and the Brow people.
Speaker 5: When we it's been a minute. This segments brought to you each and every week.
Speaker 6: By Wings flavor gets it.
Speaker 8: Sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: How you doing.
Speaker 6: You look good man, You look refreshed. I like the shirt. Nice shirt.
Speaker 1: Wow, I am refreshed.
Speaker 9: He wish's still in California.
Speaker 3: I was refreshed our woman. Next morning they found out it was one hundred and six. Wow, I looked at I should have stayed a couple of more days.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: How you doing, Kurt?
Speaker 1: Good? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Good, different time today, same uh, the same place.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: The whole crew is together, so it's it's good to have everybody back in the same room again. How are you doing.
Speaker 10: Just I'm good man, Yeah, good, I'm good. I'm really good, good, really really good.
Speaker 5: Seriously good.
Speaker 6: You're smiling.
Speaker 5: I'm good.
Speaker 6: We have to talk off the air.
Speaker 10: I'm just good man, I'm just I'm just good. Trailer parks is jumping, you know what I mean, even in the heat. You know what I'm saying. When when you see when you when you see the smoke coming from the trailer park, Oh yeah, it ain't the house fire.
Speaker 6: You gotta get new wheels on the things.
Speaker 4: Melt that rubber right off the side of the wheels, signs on them.
Speaker 5: Tires is low.
Speaker 4: All right, Nate, what was the vibe at camp you just you're out there for a little bit too. Tell us, could you could you what was the energy around the team, because some camps are high energy, some are exciting.
Speaker 5: Some are just business as usual.
Speaker 6: What what what vibe were you getting The.
Speaker 3: First two weeks it was it was jumping. You know, you guys are heated. And heard me say they fast and quick. They fast and quick. And then Rams showed up and showed me what fast and quick look like, and they matched that tempo. The second practice they yeah, because you know, I think they were starting to mentally kind of wear it down by time the Rams got there the first time, and so when the Rams came in, they were hyped. So then the Cowboys brought there. By the end of practice, they brought their temple up. Then the second time, I just think, I don't know, but guys just wanted clicking. They just want snapping that second time. But overall, I think they got to see the guys they wanted to see, uh, And they brought in some guys who uh to replace some of the guys to give better competition for guys who are not seeming to catch that temple and that speed.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: What about you when you were out there, Jess, could you did you get anything from it?
Speaker 3: They went to breakfast, So all he did was went to breakfast with all the coach I want.
Speaker 5: Went to breakfast with the coach.
Speaker 6: Did you find out any scoop? You can tell us on the air.
Speaker 5: But then I said that share share.
Speaker 3: I went here, Oh never mind, no, no, no, go ahead and just give him a little like.
Speaker 10: Well, I got a chance to talk to the defensive coach. I chance to talk to Mike Zimmer. He and I over you know, over the the buffet line.
Speaker 1: Yes, and.
Speaker 10: Al Harris, the defensive back coach slash head coach. So I got a chance to talk to those guys. And you know the thing that Mike Zimmer said, He said that I am give me one word for his defense and uh, he said unpredictable. He wants his defense to be unpredictable weekend and week out. And you know, they started signing guys. But the one thing that I'll take from that is worth seeing for the second. I guess here in a row that the jones Is are giving the defensive coordinators a lot of love, signing a lot of their guys that they want to bring in and and showing like what do you need right, because it seems like as soon as Zim was on the podium talking about defensive tackles and what we need a defensive tackle and because of the style that he runs.
Speaker 5: Boom here they come.
Speaker 10: You know, by the ones and by the twos that they're coming in, we know what they needed at linebacker. And you see that more than ever now like that, Like you look at the depth charge, there's a lot of linebacker's a lot of de tackle. So you know the Zim has the ear of the people who make the decisions up top, and I don't know how that will play out. I mean, of course, the one ear you would hope that he has is Mike McCarthy's ear that Jones has because he said, Hey, I would like to have ceedee lamb. Guys, you know, if you're gonna leave me out here in a one year deal and you ain't gonna reach truck in my contract to lie, I sell you something different. Hey, I would like to have a top three wide receiver on my on my football team. Allow me to work those things through in trading camp. You're giving the other guy in a one year deal, everything he can ask for. All right, don't don't give me, don't give me the treads wearing thin on the running back and then you don't want to bring in one of the best receivers in.
Speaker 5: All the football for me.
Speaker 10: Now, come on, now, don't don't don't have me fight this fight with one hand behind my back.
Speaker 5: That's what I would be saying if I'm Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 1: Believe me, you know he is.
Speaker 6: So what did what did you guys pick up from the let's talk about the game a little bit. I know we're a day removed from it.
Speaker 4: But what what were your thoughts over all in the game? What do we what do we think about Trey Lance? Is he getting a little is he getting a little traction? Looks like he's getting a little better, a little more comfortable. Long way to go, but you could see where you look. He's not the answer, right, he's not. He's not your start quarterback. But you could see where they could design some packages for him. And I think he's good if he uses his legs.
Speaker 5: He mad right, took the word right out of my mouth.
Speaker 6: So Cooper Rush is still y'all's guy, y'all's back up.
Speaker 10: If I had to go win a football game today, and then and and Dak Prescott was not available, and those are my options.
Speaker 5: I want Cooper Rush.
Speaker 10: And it's nothing and and and and people are gonna feel know how they feel. But I just don't get the fact that this guy was a number three overall pick and you are in a battle for your football life to be the backup. Yeah, and all right, we gave you the excuse. You were in here for full off season, all that kind of stuff you had, all that, you go out to the training you what your trainer, and your trainer says, there isn't a guy that I've seen, and I've coached and trained a lot of your top NFL guys. Right, there isn't a guy that I've seen that works harder than Trey Lance. The accuracy is going to be there, the velocity is gonna be there. You're gonna see a brand new Cooper Rush. Didn't show it in OTAs in mini camps, right, we're clearing that didn't show it there. Then you come to training camp and we're still talking about some of the same issues. And then we want to then we want and I hate when I go here, but but but sorry. Preseason game number one, you get a chance to play, don't play well, same things are still showing up, right, It's not like the same repeated things that we talk about are showing up. Prets in game number two comes along and yeah there's some improvement. But let's not act like this is a market improvement, like this is a if you were as good as they said.
Speaker 5: That you were, we should be heavy.
Speaker 10: You know, you know, the conversation should be kurt because you, my boy, I don't know about them, you, my boy, my boy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You, my boy.
Speaker 5: I don't care what you said, you guy.
Speaker 10: But the real conversation should be that's fine, that's my boy, that's my boy, My boy. If you were as good as they thought you were, or or or or what the draft that has said you'd be, you should be knocking down the door number four.
Speaker 5: And you ain't even close. And you ain't even close.
Speaker 10: And if I had to go, if I had to go and say, give me one football game with this offense. We're adding CD Limb for that mix too. I just want to put that out there and this defense, and I gotta get one football game. Give me the guy, who I've seen it done in this offense. I'm taking Cooper.
Speaker 5: Rush, period. I just I'm I'm, I'm we we we And again this goes back to that star.
Speaker 10: There's only one other place that's really talking about a quarterback battle like that, and and that's in Pittsburgh between Russell Wilson and Justin Field. And that's just that's like a political party. They both evil, they're both bad. We gotta take it less of the two.
Speaker 5: I don't vote Democrat, vote republicly. Like the election, I don't want to vote.
Speaker 10: But you know what I'm saying, like the Democrat Republicans lands put him, I wouldn't write him in a right.
Speaker 5: Riting Kanye giving me John F.
Speaker 4: Kennedy, You're right, but it's you know, it's it's that's what Nowhere else, like you said, nowhere else did they even talk about.
Speaker 6: It's the cowboys. It's you try to start some drama where there's not any drama.
Speaker 10: And you know, but remember when he when we when it first happened, I think it happened like on our show and we were like, oh, oh, they bringing somebody in. It's gonna challenge Dak. It's gonna be You ain't even in the same zip code. You went from being brought in as a puzzle chess piece to challenge Dak and to kind of get him to kind of you. Ain't you playing yachtzi. You ain't on even chessboard no more? You playing connect fur. It ain't even close.
Speaker 4: So did you see anything out there in person that made you feel different than mister Holly over here what we're.
Speaker 1: Talking about, I'm not. I'm through with that.
Speaker 3: Jes Jess, thank you. That was great because put it to bed. I'm through it, man, don't you All right, let's move on.
Speaker 5: We are two weeks away from playing real That's what I'm trying to say. Two weeks away from this ain't a conversation.
Speaker 4: Right, Let's talk about something that is interesting. Running backs, what we're doing, what we're doing, who's two and three?
Speaker 5: Who's one?
Speaker 6: What we gonna do? Like I told y'all, Like I told y'all, is he gonna get more than fifteen?
Speaker 5: Fifteen?
Speaker 1: Carries a game?
Speaker 5: What's old?
Speaker 6: What's that gonna look like? Is that gonna be like three point three yards?
Speaker 3: You gotta ask guiding and BB and our two guards and right tackle.
Speaker 5: What that's gonna be like, I hope they I hope they can hold. I hope they can hold the holes.
Speaker 1: I had. I had to break a concert with that. I hope they can hold.
Speaker 11: Hold.
Speaker 5: Makes you get that l a little longer. Yeah, with fifteen, that's you're running.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's I'm feeling better and better about the offensive line.
Speaker 6: I felt really bad. I feel good. I just I'm still not there with the run game. I'm gonna be fine with.
Speaker 4: The receivers if you get if you get eighty eight in here, if you which by the way, we we is there any concern at all that he's not gonna be there week one?
Speaker 6: On the field, they starting to create in with you guys.
Speaker 3: I read something where they said he don't want as much as the big dog got. You got it, got thirty five meal, and so they offered him thirty three. And they said, well, what's the hold up? We just gave you right up on the seat. You don't want to see if you want to equal the guy he you.
Speaker 8: Know he don't.
Speaker 1: I don't want to exceed him, but need to thirty five. So yeah, I know this.
Speaker 3: It's two guys that cannot miss this year. That's that's d and that CD Lamb. You know, I don't know who would have the most impact, but I promise you to.
Speaker 5: Right hand the fact, we know that.
Speaker 3: If CD would have been in those practices versus the rounds, it would have looked different. It's just the temple would have went up, the the the the the level of skill would have went up, because you know, four or five of those passes they'd have been trying to get them to CD and coaches to say, yeah, we're not gonna you know, we're gonna go one on one, but they're gonna they safe to keep an eye, you know, so they get that guy going to seem a litit, you know.
Speaker 5: And that's the thing.
Speaker 10: It's not only do I not only am I missing a flat out dynamic football player who with the ball in his hands, can do exceedingly abundant more than any other guy on the roster, more than any most guys in the National Football League. But it's the other part of the game. That safety can't come down of that box. Now talking about the run game, you know what helps the run game eighty eight being outside eighty eight being outside cause now that safety can't come down there and just chill down there anymore, right, because if that's the case that frequent they're gonna have to go over there and help him. So the other guy gonna have to be back there being the last slide of defense, not to run the ball more. If I want other guys to be more effective, when I want to change strengths, when I send Ceedee Lamb in motion, oh, that linebacker is gonna change some things. I'm able to get better looks. I'm able to do things differently. Brandon Cooks is able to be a better number two with ceed Lamb out there. Jalen Tobert, Jalen Cropper, Jalen name of Jalen Right that plays receiver. Those guys are better because eighty eight demands and command so much attention. Not only does he get quarterback number one, he gets to safety, he gets to shift. Everything goes his way. Allow guy, Jake Ferguson. Now I can work the middle of the field a little bit better because that statey is getting off that hash right now to get over the top to help that quarterback. Because eighty eight's out there. So it ain't just what he's able to do in a in a soul position, it's what his ability allows everyone else?
Speaker 9: Is that hurting them because he's not there to work on that what everybody else is?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, you know, I always believe that a guy missing camp hurts the continuity of the team. I always believe that that does. He needs the great work that most guys need. Now, he may not need that great work, but he does need some work. So because in today's NFL, when your first four games is the preseason of the regular season, you need to be the quickest teams to click early in the season where you make it squeak out of that win.
Speaker 9: So what a.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, Kurt waited a second because Nate Nate doesn't participate in these kind of questions. Jesse looked at me and gave me an interesting look, but no one answered the question.
Speaker 5: How do you feel Let's go to break first and then we get yours was on.
Speaker 6: Behlf on the other side, Are you gonna give me your opinion?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 6: Do we think there's a possibility he might not be there for a game? We'll all give our opinions, all right when we come back. That's a good segue. Good job, Jess, thanks for hushing out hanging with the Yeah, we're back We're back. Yeah, we'll be back right after this break. Going hanging with the boys.
Speaker 11: How's wing stop sound christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauted tossed and those eleven soul satisfying players paired with hand cut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Windstop branch, and of course spicy Cajun fried. Course, you've heard enough, get your flavord delivered at winstop dot com.
Speaker 2: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named.
Speaker 5: The twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper the.
Speaker 9: Press guy who looks white, it's not there.
Speaker 5: He escapes left.
Speaker 6: He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 5: Just like football.
Speaker 8: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 12: Prescot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 12: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve GUACAMOLEI made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today. Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the second segment of hang Out All the Boys, brought to each and every day.
Speaker 6: By Blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Thank you blockchain dot com and we have a new live read. I'm going to see if I can keep from screwing this up.
Speaker 6: Seven to eleven.
Speaker 4: Oh, do you guys want slurp each drinks from seven to eleven free for a year.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, we do the same.
Speaker 4: From now until August twenty seventh, use the seven Rewards app and checkout to be entered for a chance to win when purchasing products like Slurpy, Big.
Speaker 6: Gulp, make the Big Gold Sound Jesse and too keos. No purchase necessary terms apply over here. Wait a minute, that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: From now until August twenty seven, use the seven Rewards app at checkout to be entered for a chance to win when purchasing products like Slurpy Big Gulp in Taketo's no purchase necessary.
Speaker 6: We need to get this rewritten. This doesn't make sense when purchasing products but no purchase necessary. Here's your liverary.
Speaker 4: Maybe there's your livery jazz, the Waynes Jazz.
Speaker 6: All right, ceedee, lamb, Kurt, Are you worried that he might not be on the field?
Speaker 8: Is it starting to creep in?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think it's creeping in, But I think he'll be there.
Speaker 1: Now I do worry.
Speaker 9: Is he gonna be ready? That wasn't the question, I know, but yes, I think he'll be signed before Nate.
Speaker 6: You don't play these games.
Speaker 1: Yes, signed? Still there?
Speaker 6: Okay, well do you think?
Speaker 5: Yes, I think he'll be there. I don't think he'll be happy when he gets there though.
Speaker 9: Really yeah, yes, they come last preseason game this week, they come back here Monday. What they signed him. He's got two weeks to the wait.
Speaker 4: Jesse just said he'll be there. He didn't say he was gonna be signed. He said he'll be there, but he won't be happy.
Speaker 5: I mean right now. Still, he's still currently under a contract.
Speaker 9: True, that's true.
Speaker 5: That pays him seventeen million.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 6: Jesse skirted around that.
Speaker 1: He did say.
Speaker 6: He didn't say a new deal. He just said he'd be there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because here's the thing. He can't sit out this year.
Speaker 1: It won't count.
Speaker 5: It won't count in the same spot next year, you know what I mean, Like, it won't count.
Speaker 10: So you better after taking that million dollars a game and hoping for the best, and then well he can't even walk because he'll be franchised. They'll just franchising next year. That's why I said, he won't be happy if he has to come to this place with no deal and he knows what's in front of him. If a deal can't get done, they just gonna slap that franchise tag on him.
Speaker 6: You think he looked unhappy in the playoff game one? That'd be ugly.
Speaker 10: And he's sending a subliminals through through his Instagram. He pulled the was it Venom? The Venom character?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I don't, Yeah, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: It's Marvel?
Speaker 8: Is that Marvel?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Marvel DC. I don't.
Speaker 6: He's like the Evil Spider Man.
Speaker 5: See, he's turned heel, he's turned here.
Speaker 6: Just let's get this thing done.
Speaker 4: Let's just get these guys signed. Make everybody happy and that whether there's no drama going into.
Speaker 10: This, what does it You die the hero or you live long enough to see yourself, to see yourself become the villain?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You think you feel like the villain? Now?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think I think Cowboys fans are siding with him on this.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I've seen something well, I don't know. No, I've seen some Cowboys.
Speaker 10: It was funny I saw, and I shouldn't laugh, I think most but I laughed when guy's like f CD, he turned down thirty three million dollars, I make twelve fifty an hour. WHOA, my god, that's what your problem. I'm just saying, like that, you need to get a better skill set. I'm not saying that you gotta go out there. I'm just saying, don't get mad at that man because his value is different than your value.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like my.
Speaker 6: Because my price is different than your price. Ain't my problem?
Speaker 5: That ain't my don't don't don't get mad at CD.
Speaker 10: FCD because he know that man worth thirty three mil, thirty five mil.
Speaker 5: You took the twelve fifty. That's something is America?
Speaker 10: Jack, Like, there's enough opportunities you can get on computer programs CDLs.
Speaker 5: And you can do overtime at twelve fifty. What you accepting, Kurt?
Speaker 6: I cut you off while ago.
Speaker 9: Well, just going back to what he said, I think that what you said that fans due. I think most fans are in CD's corner. But yeah, there's a lot that they're upset with him. You know, honor the contract that kind of thing.
Speaker 6: I ain't never gonna be mad at a player for trying to get money.
Speaker 9: But what I what I originally asked was, you know, you talked there'd be two weeks left. Say he signs next week, can he be ready one hundred game one? If not, how long is this team gonna have to or him out?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Because okay, so training camp ends at the pieces the game, right, then there's that dead week. They ain't practice it like they maybe like one of two days, right, like they're doing the final cuts and all that kind of stuff, and then they get back to it like on that Wednesday. So then they'll do Wednesday like Thursday, and then they kind of give him another little break and then it's back to going again. So it's not like he's getting a full practice then, and even that practice, those practices won't be fully padded, high tempo, ready to go. It'll be more of acclamation, right all right, this is our group. And it may you may see a change here and there of the off the waiver wires and bring guys in, but that's more of acclamation. That's more of a this is our group. Here's how it's gonna look let's take our team picture right like that, that's that part of it. Let's take our team picture. Let's let's let's get everything in order. Here's what the meetings will be, Here's how the schedule will be, Here's how it'll look. And then you get into game week. And now in game week, they're not you as great as of a player that Ceedee Lamb is. You're not adjusting the game week schedule to fit Ceedee Lamb.
Speaker 1: You just aren't.
Speaker 10: He's not greater than the other fifty two. While he is a huge asset the game. This game week will go how the game week will go. My only concern about it is while yeah, she's training, and any football player will tell you the only way to get in football shape mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, academically.
Speaker 5: However Lee you want to put on the end of it, play football. It's to play football.
Speaker 10: So now when you come in, you're coming in getting ready for a game and doing things at a hyper speed with people now leaning on you, guy's grabbing on you. So you're not doing that in training, you know what I mean. That's not happening in training, no matter how many routes you run, you're not running routes with the other guy in front of you pulling on you, grabbing on you. When you jump up in the air, that's a guy underneath you. There's all these little factors that have to come into play, and your body has to grow that callous.
Speaker 6: To imagine you got to build up like getting bruised, right, yeah, and.
Speaker 10: Then the soft tissue things come about, the groins, the quads, the hammies. Not saying that that's going to happen, but those are what concerns about when he comes back and then going one hundred miles an hour after missing all of training camp and.
Speaker 5: Did he go to O t is mini camps?
Speaker 9: Now right?
Speaker 1: None of that.
Speaker 10: So he hasn't done anything team activity related since Green Bay.
Speaker 4: By the way, come out here to the Star and Frisco on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. Cowboys Night is Tuesday, the twenty seventh, and the season kickoff ceremony is the twenty eighth.
Speaker 6: And that's that's it, right, that's the last two practices until football. So Golly is getting here quick man? I can't wait. I can't wait. See he get here before then, please please?
Speaker 9: So you kind of agree, does Bryant kind of said the same thing as you that he it's business, but it's bad business to sit to not be in camp.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just you know, I just like when a guy in camp, you know, doing what he has to do. It's not like when Jesse played it even when I played. It's physical and it's a change of pace. Like just said, people leaning on your, people tugging on you, but not at the rate it.
Speaker 1: Used to be.
Speaker 3: So you know, when you see a guy in the world in the whirlpool, you know, he sitting there just mostly chill and relaxing, you know, getting a quick recovery and ain't like we were trying to get bruises, bumps, everything off of us, you know. And we was doing this after the first practice, not after three practices.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We're doing this after the first practice. So I'm not saying these guys don't work hard, because they do. They do work hard. They put their time in a lot of guys put in extra so but I just like when you are an elite player, that changes thing. Zeke did it six seven years ago. We didn't have to worry about the safety because we knew he was gonna be up looking at Zeke, and that gave our receiver was a chance to be who they need to be. Now it's the CD that's safety, going to just the CD, and it's gonna give the rest of the running game a chance to be who they can be if we can get guiding and be be ready.
Speaker 6: All right, let's take our last break.
Speaker 5: When we come up.
Speaker 6: I don't even know what word.
Speaker 5: That wasp beat them up words?
Speaker 6: Can we come back? We'll talk more football?
Speaker 2: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys. How's wing stop?
Speaker 10: Sound?
Speaker 11: Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven.
Speaker 5: Soul satisfying flavors.
Speaker 11: Head with hand cut season fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese, or signature Wingstop Ranch and of course spicy.
Speaker 5: Cajun fried corn.
Speaker 11: I think you've heard enough, get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 12: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 5: Snapper the press out. Who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left.
Speaker 6: He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 5: Just like football.
Speaker 8: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy I selling trade crypto currency.
Speaker 12: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 1: Back Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to you each and every day by Jigsaw, official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. So I have before we move on, I have two questions about the game. I started making notes about the game, and then I just lost interest and I didn't get very far.
Speaker 1: But I know me too.
Speaker 6: I was trying to multitask. I was watching the UFC current and the current in the game at the.
Speaker 5: Same they were at the same time.
Speaker 9: None of that.
Speaker 5: My boy's warn you, let's go whatever.
Speaker 4: So one thing I noticed, I don't know if y'all notice it, about twelve minutes left in the first quarter.
Speaker 5: If we had a bare knuckle brawl, yeah, that side versus this side.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just telling you straight up, I don't believe in bare knuckle brawls. I don't believe in none of that.
Speaker 10: Because you got twenty five seconds, you got a good now you, I'm telling you twenty yeah, you got about nineteen and a half seconds that if I can withstand nineteen and a half seconds, I got a chance.
Speaker 6: Just don't let him get his hands on him.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you so, they won't even even shot. I'm a one punch him.
Speaker 5: And then him.
Speaker 1: You gotta bother me.
Speaker 5: You gotta just run run you.
Speaker 6: Just like give me nineteen and a half.
Speaker 10: Tell you you're gonna tire after nineteen and a half. But if you get you that early one, he.
Speaker 1: Got the new knees now, yeah, seconds, I can hear Kurt wife, why.
Speaker 6: Boy his boy point.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I just thought about that.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's actually a great question.
Speaker 1: We should jazz on my side.
Speaker 4: We should rank all the shows in the Battle Royale or rumble you locked the door two shows in or one show leads.
Speaker 5: Not the ladies show. We don't, we don't, we don't.
Speaker 1: Getting on show.
Speaker 3: We'll get them all you think, even I don't know about Isaiah, we'd beat who is Isaiah?
Speaker 13: Oh no, no, no, it's just it's Isaiah Josh Oh yeah, Kyle, yeah, that's but how about very very.
Speaker 5: Noll Cray Oh no no more, Danny, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Danny's got Danny's not on.
Speaker 5: The show anymore.
Speaker 6: No, I didn't know that that'd be interesting, that'd be interesting. Okay, question for you.
Speaker 4: Twelve minutes in, uh, Max Crosby walked up and headbutted Tyler Gyton, not.
Speaker 6: Like in a mean way, like a respect.
Speaker 5: Did y'all see that? Respect?
Speaker 4: And I was like, all right, wait a minute, it's only three minutes into the first quarter of a preseason game.
Speaker 6: Is he telling him that he's that good already?
Speaker 1: Respect?
Speaker 6: That's what That's what I got out of it.
Speaker 4: I'm like, wait a minute, this is his second game and we were a little worried about him, and he's got arguably the best defensive end of the league.
Speaker 6: Telling him, way to go, rookie?
Speaker 5: Respect? Are you now Miles Garrett might hit him in the head?
Speaker 4: True?
Speaker 1: I just need to see better is technique.
Speaker 3: He got to stop putting together better days with better techniques and time is running out. A couple of times he let the guy get into his body.
Speaker 10: I mean, and you know what's I don't mean to cut you off, but I'm going to cut you off in a good way because you know what's gonna be hilarious here's what's gonna be hilarious. That moment you just said is gonna wind up on Twitter somewhere, and there's gonna be some oh excuse me, there's gonna be someone who has never put a toe knelt in the dirt and gonna say, oh, no, what Nate talking about?
Speaker 5: Like that's the part.
Speaker 10: It's gonna be so insane that they're gonna take a three time Super Bowl champion, six time Pro Bowl, Black History, Black College Football Hall of Famer and someone's gonna say that's a.
Speaker 6: Tra and he can't watching this in person every day.
Speaker 10: And because they are so high on how things are going, and Nate says he still needs to see better technique, they're gonna go, oh, nick, man, they don't know what to talk about here.
Speaker 5: That's what's gonna happen. That is the world that we have now begun to live.
Speaker 6: Everybody's an expert whole.
Speaker 5: Like it just hit me, Like someone say no, no, no, holy, I will say, holy, Holy Moly.
Speaker 10: That's what's gonna be. That's what's gonna happen. But continue, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: When I look at these guys, man, I see the quick feet, I see the quick Uh you know he can, he can recover.
Speaker 1: He does that well, but this you cannot.
Speaker 3: Like he I saw him get into some guys to him on the ground, that's gonna be returned. If you don't have the right technique, you know over sixty seventy place, you know you're gonna have some bad ones. Yeah, you just don't need disasters out of those sixtes said the plays. That's what hurt with Lasco is some pronounce his name right, seventy nine. That's what hurt him. Had thirty five great plays, but he had four bad ones, and all of them with sacks on the quarterback. That's what initial league, That's what determines whether we're good is offensive Lina. So he needs to get better hand placement on the run and definitely on it. E spec him when he's trying to short set somebody, he is setting him, still punching. He want to grab, they grabbed, They're gonna let them into your chest and they're gonna wind.
Speaker 1: Up on that quarterback.
Speaker 3: And I saw that with him, and I keep consented with with Austin Riches. Austin Richie, gotta get physical, you gotta get seventy six, gotta get much much much more physical. You're gonna be the swing tackle, so you got to get a little bit more physical.
Speaker 1: Uh what a living I saw against BB?
Speaker 3: He was he was nice, Uh, but uh a quick move got in one time, a real you know, quick move kind of got him in and he kind of ducked into him. So all of our guys are not trusting their strength. I don't know how strong guiding is, but BB's supposed to be that physical, strong guy, So sit back and sometimes sit back, specially when you got a quick guy. So he need to be That film study is gonna be so key for these young guys because if you got to respect the speed of the NFL, it'll hurt you.
Speaker 9: You know, you like him better than Hoffman.
Speaker 3: Now, the thing about it, they threw a curve ball on because they had me believing that this kid just wasn't gonna be ready.
Speaker 1: But all of a sudden, they saw something in that Rams game that they liked and they're like, okay, let's go with this kid. And all his snaps is pretty good. He was pretty physical.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I think he got to learn to deal with the NFL quickness. Once he get past that, I think he should be all right.
Speaker 1: It's just you know how y'all know me. I'm like, first preseason game Cleveland.
Speaker 3: You might not like what you see because Cleveland's gonna be moving fast and they're gonna be strong, and they're gonna be unified because they got their players that played together.
Speaker 1: This is not a new group. Our group is not played together.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: I would suggest they don't have to listen to they It's okay, boom Box is coming though.
Speaker 1: You better let these guys play a limited in this third game. What you think?
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 9: You're gonna let Guid play.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think so. I think you got to give those guys Richards and t J.
Speaker 1: Bass they gotta play. They have to play as a group, Yes, a group.
Speaker 3: Just let them let them play, man rip them play and give them through four series. Give them, give them thirty forty snaps.
Speaker 9: How's that gonna how? I guess obviously any rep helps, But they're not doing that with Zach Martinix to them or Steel or Tyler Smithy.
Speaker 10: Because said, I think that's a fantastic point seventy snaps. You'll play right, and you might be good for sixty six.
Speaker 1: Yes, but if the.
Speaker 5: Four that you weren't good, were disastrous. That's how we're gonna.
Speaker 10: You see what I'm saying, like, and so that only comes with repetition those little technique things that he's talking about, the inside hands, you know, the feet were all that kind of stuff, Because that's how we're gonna grade you. If you're good for sixty six snaps, but sixty seven you with and that, and it comes off the backside in the tight game stripsack fumbled the other way. Guess what we're gonna say, you rook. So it's all about, like you gotta get to forget about worried about if somebody gets hurt or not that. I think these young guys need every single rep available to them because we're getting to a place now. Once you get into the season, ain't gonna be no pads, ain't gonna be no innsquad scrimmages. You get hour and forty five minutes today. You're limited on the reps you can get. So all the reps that you're going to be getting are in the game.
Speaker 1: I don't want to learn it.
Speaker 10: There's learning in the game, but i'd rather get some of my learning done. It matters where it doesn't count as much preseason and stuff.
Speaker 7: Like that.
Speaker 4: Mother mother observation or question to bring back to the show. I have two questions from the game.
Speaker 1: That was one.
Speaker 5: Do you guys watch or like who or care about.
Speaker 6: Who wears your number?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: Every season do.
Speaker 5: I figured you did.
Speaker 6: I figured you might just look and then doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: But like, because I kept seeing flashes of you know, one and then another number, I'd be like, and you would pop into my head, and I was like, I wonder if those guys, like at the beginning of exte year, Like.
Speaker 5: I'm like, come on, sixteen, cropper was doing great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in that quarterback y'all talking about shoulder heavies this cause, I mean he tried to.
Speaker 1: Kick out, like, oh man, I was. I was going for sixty. You hope. I'm like, you don't fumbled now he can't get a past come accurately.
Speaker 5: So hopefully he ain't fumble himself out of a situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I always what about you at the beginning training camp?
Speaker 3: Do you look see up about six years ago when I figured out that college in high school don't care about offensive lineman no more, I stopped saying, you know what, ain'ting to let him kill me or this.
Speaker 1: Because it is that is when I play offensive lines.
Speaker 3: Go lord, we had offensive linemen just everywhere now in the last ten years high school and college. Then took you know, the quickness with the quarterbacks being so quick, we're getting rid of the ball. A lot of these guys just don't have it. So I was like, you know what if we get a good sixty one hour brag on it but not, I just yeah.
Speaker 9: I don't think he'll be doing too much brag in this time around. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And one last question before we get out of here, Jesse, you brought this up.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it was last year or year before last, that any snap that Michael Parsons is not rushing the passer as you wasted snap. There are reports that he's been working off the ball linebacker more than ever.
Speaker 5: That's fine.
Speaker 10: As long as coming downhill, I don't even I don't want him in coverage. I don't want him in coverage come downhill. If he's coming down to tackle a running back, We'll get the quarterback if he's if he's going the opposite way, no, thank you.
Speaker 6: You want to you want him heading towards a line of scrimmage, yes.
Speaker 5: And aggressive heading towards a line of scrimmage.
Speaker 1: I just believe he got another level man, that he can he can take over games. And uh, I hope you reached it this year.
Speaker 9: And he needs late in the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need late in.
Speaker 3: The season, and we need big time players make big time plays and big time games.
Speaker 1: And that's what I need for brother Parsons to do. You know, when don't when.
Speaker 3: Things ain't going your way in early in the Philadelphia, don't go over there and sit down with your helmet between your legs.
Speaker 1: Don't do that.
Speaker 3: Everybody sees that. Go over there, man and get with the coach and get with the player and say, hey, man, what hey, can we run a game or something? Can we What can I do to free him up with myself? Because he got that type of talent. Nobody doubts that. It's the attitude you carry into that man. You know, it's an attitude.
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 6: What's anything else before we get out of here.
Speaker 9: You never said if you feel it, Lamb's gonna be signed by the.
Speaker 10: Me you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, everybody will be back. What Thursday night the team comes back. Everybody's back in the building Thursday night.
Speaker 6: I feel I feel my black Uh, I don't know. I feel better. I think they're super close. I think they'll get something done.
Speaker 4: Is there any chance of them getting once the season starts, working something out, or once the season starts, it's.
Speaker 6: Like, all right, just ride this out to the end of the year. We're not messing with you.
Speaker 1: Ain't none of that, I don't think.
Speaker 6: Just make that man happy, all right, fellas, good scene.
Speaker 4: You will be back what Thursday, same time, four o'clock on Thursday, and then they miss Kurt.
Speaker 6: I guess we'll uh maybe you out for sure?
Speaker 5: Probably, Yeah, Lo, mine is business. Let him just do what you gotta do. Man talking about it.
Speaker 6: We'll talk about him when he's not on me, of course.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So good scene, you fella Jazz, thanks for keeping us on the air. We'll be back Thursday, same time, same place.
Speaker 1: Please wear a different shirt next time we out. I didn't feel that one.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.