Speaker 1: So I missed you yesterday.
Speaker 2: I missed you too.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry that I could not could not join you. But I'm so jealous and I need you to walk me through how.
Speaker 4: It was, because here's the thing, I don't want to make you more jealous.
Speaker 2: Magical night, is it?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 4: First of all, it was nostalgic for me, so in the sense of this was where my last Cheetah Girls premiere was.
Speaker 1: It was at the l Cap right, yes.
Speaker 2: Right on Hollywood Boulevard. They block it off.
Speaker 4: This one was a little bit different because ours was definitely open like air. So it was cool because you could the fans could kind of be They were on the other side of the street this one, and that was for that was sad for me to walk in, going, oh my god, these fans are it's the fans.
Speaker 2: Knew like the zombies were like gonna be here like.
Speaker 4: All of Oh.
Speaker 1: So there was it was.
Speaker 4: Tented off, The red carpet was tented off. But I will say like it was cool because they were with that. They got to do lighting and some cool stuff on both sides of the tent.
Speaker 2: You walk in the the.
Speaker 4: V dub cars right there you just like get to have like a little photo op. There we walk on the carpet and everyone came.
Speaker 2: To see this movie.
Speaker 1: It was really.
Speaker 4: The first thing I walk into is this little idy bity princess who is the live version of Lelo.
Speaker 1: And Stitch Ah cool.
Speaker 2: She is the most gorgeous little girl.
Speaker 1: I think her name is Leelo.
Speaker 4: Well, her name is Leelo in the movie, but the actress's name is not Leela Maya.
Speaker 2: It is so cute.
Speaker 4: She's That's the first thing I see, right, So I'm just like, oh my gosh, we're in Disneyland, like you know, you pop right into like one of the biggest movies that's out right now.
Speaker 2: Right, there's a little actress that's starring in it.
Speaker 4: Then I look over and you don't know these even probably this show yet because it's not on the channel. But boom, I meet the cast of Electric Bloom, which is a new Disney Like this is going to be the new leg Zombies situation here, right, Chris is they are right there? It's these it's a cast of.
Speaker 2: Actors that seeing dance.
Speaker 1: This is the one Danielle Fischel, my good friend directing. Yes, yeah, right, I'm.
Speaker 4: Also by the way, searching beyond the crowd for Danielle, knowing that she's very short and I'm going to have to do my due diligence to find her. But I know her aunt Jensen are here right with their kids. Of course they're huge zombie fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course we were always to be there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know it was going to be like the best party in the world.
Speaker 3: Did you see?
Speaker 4: Did you find when we sat down they sat us next to each other. We got to we got to say, our families were sitting next to each other. I'm going down the carpet starting to you know, take pictures, hit into start going in talking and we run into which I loved, was a producer that is very well into like our world with iHeart and.
Speaker 2: She was like, let's talk magical rewind.
Speaker 4: So we talked all about all about the show, everything that we've done. How I had to mention this, this franchise is very important to me because coming onto this podcast with you and you not being a musical fan, what's hard for me?
Speaker 2: Right, I'm gonna have to be honest, It was hard because I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, where are we ever gonna see the middle ground? And this franchise is the one that that changed. It did the game for our relationship.
Speaker 1: It did. Did Zombies One brought us really brought us together? It did.
Speaker 4: It brought it brought the idea have like youve seen like how like the idea of musical being not like being able to like let yourself kind of go with the musical, not not being like why are you talking to me in song for me?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Well, I still do that with a lot of them.
Speaker 4: It depends on well some of the zombies actually have done that to you. So we've gone a little bit. We teetered a little bit, but so that was fun to talk about. Then I look over my shoulder and the god of all gods of d cooms is right there, mister Paul.
Speaker 2: Yes, wow, there.
Speaker 4: I read right up to him, gave him the biggest hug because of course this is his night. I mean, can you imagine he's obviously done so like this.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing.
Speaker 4: He's done so many d cooms and so many great d cooms. Some dcoms have not hit the mark.
Speaker 1: We will.
Speaker 2: We will be honest.
Speaker 4: He will be honest, I'm sure as well. But this is a different situation. He has had his hands involved in this deco franchisee franchise. This is his and there's something about this franchise that I think is just so special. And I have to really give a lot of credit to obviously the actors, but like to Paul himself that just make this franchise work. Bringing zombies, bringing where we'll like all of the situations. Paul has figured out the formula to make it work. Yeah, and you do not even look at it sideways for a second.
Speaker 3: Right, So wait, how many people that have been on our show did you get a chance to meet in person?
Speaker 4: So Okay, So as I'm doing the next interview, I look over and Trevor aka Bucky is right next to me, and I'm like, and him and I are seeing each other as we're doing an interview.
Speaker 2: We're gonna, you know how like the Red Carpet.
Speaker 4: You're like, you're pulled in, you're bulled out, you're bolding him, and I are like, just like off timing.
Speaker 2: Tara is helping me try to.
Speaker 4: Just tell him, like give him a big squeeze because he's on the podcast.
Speaker 2: So that was really cool.
Speaker 4: And you know, then Rashawn from Camp Rock, which he I talked to him about coming on. He definitely wants to come on the podcast. Oh Casey, Casey from High School Musical was there. I got to see Meg, I saw Milo, who I have gotten to interview at the press junket, and I also got a chance to talk with Freya, who's the new that her and Malachi are the.
Speaker 1: New They're the vampires, right.
Speaker 4: They're the Vampire and the day Walker, who are like our new generation, Our new generation is what they are for the franchise. I got to see both of them. Jordan and I got there a little early. We stopped at the Roosevelt just to kind of hang out and wait for the carpet to start. And I look over and like Malachi, you know, he's been a Disney kid for a long time now, and this is his big break in the channel, Like this is what's gonna skyrocket him to the roof. Right.
Speaker 2: He's over there at his.
Speaker 4: Outfit and they're like they found a special part, and like the lobby to like take some single pictures of just him before he hits the red carpet.
Speaker 2: And it's like one of those.
Speaker 4: Things while you're you're looking over and you're just going you know, you remember that part where like everything matters and and you just all I wanted to do is just like just give him like a like a mama bear a little just rub on the shoulder and just be like, take it in, buddy, take it in because this is so this is so amazing.
Speaker 2: This is your night.
Speaker 4: Like take it in literally because you're gonna walk on that carpet. Everyone's gonna be wanting you. But like that starts making you speed up time, right versus like take your time, like love this because you've worked hard for it.
Speaker 2: And you've earned it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: And so that was just that was awesome.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to find big question though, big big question, Yes, how is the movie amazing? It was it?
Speaker 2: So I've of course I got to see it.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping I'm allowed to say this, but I got to see it like last week because I did the press junket right right.
Speaker 3: No, I think everybody knows that you got to see it before you can go interview everybody.
Speaker 4: So that's okay, good, okay, okay, I don't want to get myself in trouble or I knew I was very special to be there, right, Yeah, I got to see it, and again we have two, not one new like group of characters. We have the vampires and we have the day Walkers. And again I am blown away with how detailed they are on separating these two characters from not just each other because they're enemies, but from the rest of what we've already seen from the Aliens, from the from the zombies, from the.
Speaker 3: We're all still in it, by the way, right the aliens are all still in it, and the werewolves.
Speaker 2: Okay, will see there you go. You're trying to get me in trouble here.
Speaker 3: No, I just it's it's it's I want to know what my problem is.
Speaker 1: I love to know what.
Speaker 3: Other people think of things before I get there, okaycause then I judge you by what you thought about it. That's the joy of how I am with people. I'm like, oh, she loved it, What the hell was she thinking?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: So again I again we know the amount of detail they go in from separating these groups. Sure, lots of great dancing, lots of great songs, lots of great.
Speaker 1: Musicals, bangers we got bangers we do.
Speaker 4: And and yes, and and well what I won't get into detail now that you just tried to completely get me fired. I won't get into detail, but I will tell you that it is explained easily quickly, no big deal.
Speaker 1: That's how they always do.
Speaker 2: It's Jordan was sitting next to me. He has not seen He's only seen bits and parts of the first one. He has not seen. He still no, he did it. He's like, you know, like, what the hell's going on?
Speaker 1: Why are they all zombies?
Speaker 4: However, if you are a fan of the franchise, like it just is so seamless, right, So it's not that you have to see them, because once the movie got going and we got past like explaining everyone, which you know is hard.
Speaker 2: Once the movie got going, he was fine. But like at first he's like, we got like, ill, where.
Speaker 1: If we got a monster, it's happened here.
Speaker 4: So everyone is represented. I'll say that, but they're not, like, it's not like me. Could you imagine even we just we just reviewed the third one, and it's like that's a lot of groups.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're talking to.
Speaker 4: A lot of people on set and now we're doing two more groups like that and they were in New Zealand.
Speaker 2: Let's keep budget in mine.
Speaker 1: So okay, so you liked it, okay, yes.
Speaker 4: So I I liked it and seeing it on the big screen just was so cool, so cool I am. I will say this sound something that tipped me off, and I'll talk about it when we actually review. It was even more noticeable to me in the theater. Okay, and it has to do a sound, but seeing it in the theater was awesome.
Speaker 2: And I walk out and Jordan.
Speaker 1: Was like, all right, did you bring your kids?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 4: No, okay, okay, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: I was still talking we're.
Speaker 4: Jets and like, well, first of all, Ledger is an absolute no. He's too He would have not let anyone enjoy that movie's loud.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 2: He's an all boy, just brolicky. He would not have sat down that long.
Speaker 4: Monroe probably could have handled it, but it would have made me have to go to the bathroom three or four times, redo the popcorn.
Speaker 2: Like no, and have to get hurt like an outfit too.
Speaker 3: My goodness, did they give you cool zombie stuff when you got there? Liked was their cool zombie popcorn or zombie this or zombi?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So at the Elk Captain Theater they do like and this is kind of staple when you go to a premiere.
Speaker 2: There's they've got like the cool.
Speaker 4: Boxes, yeah, popcorn, they've got the fun drinks. It's like there's like places photo ops everywhere. And then they gave us these like wristband things that you could had to pull a tab, but I knew to save the tab. And once we started getting on the movie before it premiered, there's two DJs up in like.
Speaker 2: The balcony sections.
Speaker 4: There's two different DJs and they were one was The day Walkers and one was the Vampires. And they told you to pull your tab right, and the tabs are different colors. They were like set to different colors and one were like like a little bit more like white red and like lighter color, and then the one other another one.
Speaker 2: Was like darker. So you pulled your tab to see what side you were on.
Speaker 4: So I'm sitting there right right, okay, cool, and Jensen is Tara is between us, probably trying to keep us, ye Jens can't like fully just so anyway, we pulled the tab of course, literally, Jensen and Danielle, the whole family is like the one on another on a team.
Speaker 2: They were on the Vampire team. And here I am.
Speaker 4: Me, there you go, and it was It was so fun because like before the movie, it was like they had us like fist pumping and doing fun stuff.
Speaker 1: The wriskband, I think is supposed to be for so you don't zombie out. I mean that wristband right, Yes, yes, totally.
Speaker 2: It lit up to where you were.
Speaker 4: They separated us too, which was it was so interesting, such a cool idea, so fun.
Speaker 1: I'm so jealous. I also didn't get to meet Jordan's That was one of the reasons I was so excited to go.
Speaker 2: Was talked to, I talked to Lisa.
Speaker 4: I had to bring him up to Lisa because Tar has already met him. I brought him up to Lisa on the red carpet. I was like, you got and she's like, I got to make sure he's real.
Speaker 1: I still don't believe he's an actual dude at this point.
Speaker 2: That's your fault. At this Jensen and everyone else says matter totally my fault.
Speaker 1: I was. I was so upset I couldn't go.
Speaker 4: I really, Oh yeah, you definitely were missed. It would have been fun to watch a movie that we're going to give you right together because there are some points where I kind of still time went. I mean, so we're just gonna slide right by this type of stuff or looking and being like.
Speaker 1: That was rad.
Speaker 2: That was such a cool you know.
Speaker 3: We'll do we'll pick a good one and we'll we'll we'll watch one together.
Speaker 4: And I will I can't let it go by. I got to see Gary Marsh.
Speaker 2: He was there.
Speaker 1: How were you just so happy to see Gary again?
Speaker 4: It was just so awesome and I had to just like, you know, especially being older now, had to say like Gary, thank you, because you you could have been one kind of exact. You could have been somebody who just I goin to throw stuff and doesn't care and he's just not and he's he I know, my experience with him is house. I would say at least ninety eight percent of people that come through the Channel during the time where he was really you know, Gary Marsh president.
Speaker 2: He was son.
Speaker 3: Anybody who knows the industry also knows that the idea that you are the head of a network for.
Speaker 1: That long is impossible. Nobody does that.
Speaker 3: So he I mean, he was the head of the Channel for like twenty some odd years.
Speaker 2: He was forever, and he was so great and what I love. Talking to him.
Speaker 4: Always about is something I've literally done from when I met him pretty much. Was his daughter was very young when I first met him, and now she's a nineteen year old, and we started talking about she's in.
Speaker 2: College and where she's going and just her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was just wild because when she came to our shows and stuff, she was just.
Speaker 2: Like an eighty bitty little kid, you know, and he.
Speaker 4: Was just having the best time. He's like where I am now with Monroe. So that was very cool. But all in all, it was an amazing night. I missed you so much.
Speaker 2: I would be so great.
Speaker 3: But jealous. I'm so happy that you went. I'm so bummed I couldn't go. And I can't wait to watch this movie because I really want to recap and for everybody out there, by the way, Zombies' four airs July tenth on Disney Channel, then July eleventh on Disney Plus.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you get a both, and you gotta yeah and do yourself a favor, you know, either watch the fourth one right away or take the weekend and marathon because these I.
Speaker 1: Might do that myself good.
Speaker 3: I might do a bit of a marathon. I'm traveling this weekend and I need something to watch. I might just start with one and go from there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: Yes, and Disney, thank you so much for the opportunity to go and just like be a part of this press junket, which I felt so special to be a part of, but then to invite us to the premiere and be a part of this like a magical experience. We got to go back to like the.
Speaker 2: After party, which was like all amazing. It was so awesome.
Speaker 4: It was out over the pool that had like a dance floor on it. Everyone was there just to have a good time and celebrate such an amazing success of like an incredible franchise. So thank you so much Disney for giving me that opportunity, because that was wild and amazing.
Speaker 3: Well, hopefully this is you know, I'd like to put it out in the ether that hopefully this is the start of you know, maybe Disney wanting us to come and interview.
Speaker 1: All their their their talent and watch their movies because it's so cool.
Speaker 4: It was cool because you could tell Magical rewind was actually something that they knew about. They were a lot of the people I talked to, whether it was other stars that were within the cast other casts, they knew about our podcast, like and because I think everyone that's come on it is like that was like the best hour of like my couple of mass that I had because we.
Speaker 2: Had so much fun just talking about it.
Speaker 4: It's all good and we love every single opportunity we get to talk to these amazing actors too, which is so fun.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for repping us there. I'm sorry I couldn't be there. Jordan is still fake and next time we get together we are gonna be recapping Zombies four. This time it's personaler than the first two times that it was personal, are well. Thank you so much everybody for joining us on this bonus episode of Magical rewind as Sabrina once again made me feel really jealous about going and doing something super cool. Well, I had to sit at my house and do nothing but thank you and we will see you next time.
Speaker 1: Bye,