Speaker 1: Hello, Internet, and welcome to season three one three, Episode four of The dailyes Eye. Guys are production of My Heart Radio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. It's Thursday. What that means, November sixteenth, That's what that means, which means it's also a World Pancreatic Cancer Day. International Check your damn Wiper's day. Check your window, your windshield wipers because let me tell you, I used to not give a fuck and they were just windows smears and they do not actually keep you saved during inclement weather. Also International Day for Tolerance, National Rural Health Day, National Indiana Day, National Button Day, And what the fuck is Great American Smokeout Day? Oh they saying, hey, don't be smoking cigarettes no more, you know what I mean? Unless that's your five, but hey leave it alone. And hey, something close to my heart National fast Foods. But I'm not saying that's a good thing. That's just a vice. Okay?
Speaker 2: Uh who am I?
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, I'm Miles Gray aka AMA Chiatric. Get hurt like this, pick my back, won't stop, won't quit. Just pulled it, pulled it, pulled it, pulled it pulled it now, pulled it good. Pulled that back that I knew I would my neck my back, kicked the ball and heard a snap shout out to Jimboku on discord. You heard I've strained my back watching TV and I was watching a soccer game and I decided to do a kiss kicking a ball that was not there, just to kind of participate along with what I was saying, and I did my back. It's getting a little bit better. But thank you for that at AKA if I see it, and thank you to the people that reached out with They're like, hey, just check out this place for your back. I really appreciate all the outreach. Uh. And I am thrilled to be joined by my co host. You know a wonderful guy. You know, someone who's got many talents, someone who is not also nice with the DAW's for editing purpose, but nice with the DAWs for music making purposes. He's a fantastic DJ. He has a voice that has the quality of vocal butter. Okay, that's what we like to say around here. That's a good thing. Please welcome to the microphone. Today's guest call host Justin Connor.
Speaker 2: This year is the story of my life before is to host the daily Ziight guys, and it feels so sad here without Jack. I absolutely love to host with my oh how many days in the year. And I'm just y'all, it's the shutdown shy guy on a ten years SoCal sabbatical, ready to do damage to some clavicles. There, you gos go, let's go.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, mc J I see you out there. Thank you for so much for joining us. As you know, Jack is on assignment in uh, he's he's he's recovery. He's under the weather. But that's how that's how we move, you know, we on.
Speaker 2: An innerspace adventure and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly exactly. But rest up, Jack, I know you'll be back. Uh. And hey, let's get to our guest, somebody who's honestly one of my favorite guests. Okay, and this person is not on the show enough for my liking, and I've been I'm actually making an effort to have them back as much as possible because our shared love for the state of California. Look, I'm from so called they represent the Yay area.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, this is somebody who fantastic stand up comedian, a writer, an actor, producer. You can find some of their very writings in things like We Had a Little Real Estate Problem, The Unherlded Story of Native Americans and comedy. Also seen them on Comedy Central Team Coco Illuminative twenty five Native American Comedians to follow. I don't know, maybe you read the Vulture, you read the La Times, maybe listen to the Daily ZEITGEI said, know how fantastic this person is. Please welcome to the microphone, Jackie Kha.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I love it.
Speaker 3: Miles, what a beautiful introduction there. Oh I'm just feeling great, amazing.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I was like talking and I was like, wait, who wasn't been on the man? I'm like, you were a Jackie yet.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love being here, I love I love hanging out with you. It's always a good time. It's Native American Heritage months. You know, there's just a lot happening in the world. I have a lot of shows, a lot of gigs. I'm tired, but I'm going. I'm still going. We got a couple more you got a couple more weeks left, so you know, making it happen. But yeah, I love being here. You guys are the best. It's great and I love just getting to hang with Justin today.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We were talking yesterday, me and Myles, and we were like, man, every time Jackie pulls up, it feels like the homie. It feels like it feels like a pleasant you're pulling up on at a cookout, just ready to vibe.
Speaker 1: We already know. I'm like, man, fuck with Jackie heavy.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You know, ever since you corrected me when I was calling them slide shows.
Speaker 3: You remember that slide show. For the record, it is side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what. But that's what it's about. You know, you need those people to come to hey. Man, Yeah, stupid out here it's all love.
Speaker 2: It's all love.
Speaker 3: It doesn't Stupid in the bay is a good thing. Honestly, we love being stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go down stupid. Yeah yeah yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: We already know. But anyway, have you been You've been good.
Speaker 2: I've been good.
Speaker 4: I've been good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would saying it's a it's been a busy month. Things are good. I've got some projects going that I can't talk about just yet. But yeah, I'm staying busy doing that you know, a little bit of that writing, a little bit of that about development stuff, a little bit of that you know, stand up.
Speaker 4: There's just a lot going on.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 1: And it's you got your show good Medicine, right, it's you're you're doing in New York. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we debut at the Pearlman Performing Arts Center PACK and YC in twenty twenty four, so February ninth.
Speaker 4: So excited.
Speaker 1: Basically, I know you're in New York.
Speaker 4: You've got to come.
Speaker 2: Frost your calendars. It's not too early jot it down so you don't forget.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's going to be a really great time to check out PACK and YC. So just for folks who don't know yet, it has been under construction for years. It literally opened its doors in September, so for us to be part of their inaugural season is such an honor. And the week that we're perform forming the fourteen ninety ones. They're an all Native comedy sketch group. Folks may know them from Reservation Dogs, which is one of their biggest projects that blew up on FX and their play Between Two Knees is also going to be at the Pelman in February, So go check out the play, Go check out Good Medicine. We've got two shows that night. We've got a killer lineup. We've got Dallas Goldtooth. Folks know him as William knife Man from res Dogs. Oh you guys know him. Jannash Meeting, amazing actor also in res Dogs and Brutherford falls At, Adrian challipaw Brian Bahi. He was the pick for Just for Laughs and he just debuted some really cool stuff on Comedy Central. So yeah, it's going to be a killer lineup. Come through, check it out, support between two knees, come see us. And then on Saturday, we've got a panel about Native representation in media.
Speaker 4: So it's going to be it's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 1: You guys, come through, Please come through. I know you're in New York. Look, that's one of our We've got a lot of listeners there, and I know every time our guests come on, they're like, damn fuck is this that gang to the show?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That sounds like a memorable show, Like that sounds like something you might take something away home with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah you're not here, Yeah, yeah, some some good comedy, something something for the mind.
Speaker 4: And there you go, you there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we changed hearts and minds one joke at a time, y'all. But also above and beyond everything is funny, and it's kind of exactly we'll come through.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny because who's more funny than oppressed people?
Speaker 4: But we know how to laugh. We don't time.
Speaker 1: You know how to make you know how to make gold necklaces out of lemons, you know what I mean? We know how to go beyond lemonade. Anyway, Jackie, we're gonna get to know you even better. But let's tell some people what are not some people? All the people that are listening right now, we're going to talk about Uh, I just want to check back in with the GP because Congressman Chip Roy he had one of those moments are like he's starting to realize the clownery of his party but not quite there. But it's also you know, we'll get into that he had a brief moment of clarity like jay Z. Then we'll talk about there's a flight. I think a lot of people saw this on Twitter that like a plane had to turn around because horse a board was loose. Well, we'll just kind of we need to dig through that. Yeah, I just understand that a little bit more. Gonna touch back in with our homies in the seas, the proletarian folk heroes, the Orca gang who were fucking sinking yachts and shites. Yeah for real, you know what I mean to watch watch your rudders yacht Yachty's okay because like now there's like full on Facebook groups of like sailors and yacht people who are like, yo, what the fuck you do to try and get them away? But luckily the solution is so simple and it's actually quite beautiful. So we'll get into that. Uh, and then just a quick reminder as we deal with increased anti Semitism, is Islamophobia in this country and just just generally how much the media informs our perception of certain groups in the United States. Got to talk about the movie True Lies, because that's coming back on Blu Ray And if you want to talk about a stinky, a Islamophobic piece of trash, it's fucking True Lies. And I've like always like known this, you know what I mean, but to really look at it and you're like, bro.
Speaker 2: You can't what the fuck is this shit?
Speaker 1: And especially in the time that we're in. So we're gonna delve into that, so we can, you know, take a second to slightly deprogram ourselves of that propaganda we were just inhaling in the nineties. Okay, But before we do that, Jackie was something from your search history that's revealing about who you are, what you're into right now.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So I always do a lot of my googling right before bed. It's like doom scrolling followed by any of my questions for the evening. So City of Angels is what came up in my search history last night, Altis More said, do you guys remember she sang that song Uninvited? It was part of the City of Angels. Okay, killer amazing song, very haunting, very gorgeous. Anyway, it was like a really quick reel that I saw last night of her on The Kelly Clarkson Show, and she just she still hits that pitch.
Speaker 4: She can do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she wrote the song in fifteen and it's shut up and so anyway, I just yes, she said I wrote it in fifteen minutes and boom there it was. And so yeah, so anyways, I was like, oh my god, Alana's more set, like I Jagged Little Pill like that whole situation, like loved it. So I was like, I gotta figure out City of Angels and I gotta like find out where I can stream it. So it's a beautiful film. Make Ryan nick Cage. He's an angel, she's a human. It's a love story. So it's it's it's the fall. It's dark by five. This is the kind of shit that I watch at night.
Speaker 1: So I gotta hold on. Let me remind myself of that track really quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a glimpse of it in my mind. And the slow like piano, oh yeah, like he's it's it sounds like leaves falling. I think you're you're right.
Speaker 1: On the mind. This one is haunting as fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's beautiful. Excit, yes, there you go.
Speaker 1: Her whole thing. Her voice is still I saw her do jet like most of the Jagged Little Pill, like maybe last year, eighteen months ago.
Speaker 4: I would love to see that.
Speaker 1: I was blown through. Her voice is like she's kept her voice, yesh, Like it's wild when you can hear somebody what was that fucking thirty years twenty five years whatever since that album came out and then they just rip it like it's fucking ninety four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's been so long since I've heard this song. I forgot how good it sounds. Immediately it sounds like powerful, like yeah, pretty pretty quickly. It draws you in and miles because you hear the first thing I thought was like, oh man, this could be a crazy like jungle edit or something under here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't want to ruin the don't want to ruin the vibe of autumn evening. So we'll save that for a lot of time.
Speaker 1: Now, we can throw some Reese base on there and like, you know, do some you know predecessors to dub stuff for sure, the Remick flip that one. Wait, so you said you heard the track, like the track was on TikTok or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's she's promoting her tour.
Speaker 2: She was.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you guys seen the Kelly Clarkson Show, but she'll Kelly Clarkson will sing with her guests, and so the two of them saying this.
Speaker 1: Track, Oh, I was got it.
Speaker 3: I just got all the little goose bumps and I was like, oh fuck, because so many TikTok, Like, there's so many TikTok edits that like, well, like gen Z just like revives a song from.
Speaker 1: They're like, yo, like you can edit like hurt Animals, like of compilation to this and make you cry. And it's so funny because every now and then I hear a track, I'm like, bro, I haven't heard that's just since college. But okay, y'all, really I'm invested in this dog learning how to walk again after being hit by car.
Speaker 3: You did it, That's that's I just brought it back and I was like, I have to see City of Angels. I remember seeing it in the theater, so like I was like, I've got to see this. We're queuing us up to watch tonight. So okay, yeah, it's uh, it's a good one. I really enjoyed that one.
Speaker 1: I mean is I mean I remember when this came out. I felt like this was like kind of towards the end of Meg Ryan's like appearances because like you know, since she took that break. But like, is how is Nick Cage in that in that? I think I saw it when like it came out, But I have no like now that I'm have some experience and I know what romance is. Is he believable?
Speaker 4: He's very intense because he's an angel.
Speaker 2: I think he's an Oscar winner, and I think that's how he gets some of these roles where you're like, huh.
Speaker 4: Well, he's also a copola. He's also a copla.
Speaker 3: You guys know that, right, So, like he's killing somebody's always making sure he gets the script, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but with all that power, he couldn't get that Superman movie made. So there are limits to that Nepo baby power.
Speaker 3: Like you, there's limits, there's lits, but there's still a lot of opportunities. And he's an interesting character. I did like a little walking tour in New Orleans last year, and he loves New Orleans. And he purchased a plot at the Lafayette Cemetery in New Orleans and it's shaped like a pyramid, you know, kind of like National Treasure style. So he's an interesting he's an interesting one.
Speaker 2: Didn't have to give back a bunch of dinosaur bones or something like his purchases.
Speaker 1: I think he did. Yeah, he had some dinosaur bones. And then he was like identify as Emo something when he was he was getting ready for the Vampire movie he did. He was like, yo, I'm kind of like fucking with this whole dark vibe.
Speaker 3: Now, he like lived in a very creepy, very haunted vampire esque place right there, like near Bourbon Street in New Orleans.
Speaker 4: And I'm like that you like it for him?
Speaker 2: For him, yeah, because it feels like he's occupying his lane. I don't want that in my life. But like it feels like a very like eccentric celebrity thing to do, and if that's what makes him happy, it feels like it's not hurting anybody, like you know what happened to do it? Man?
Speaker 1: It's funny though. I feel like the one interior design aesthetic that has me a little bit like I don't know if I can go to sleep in here is like gothic. Oh yeah, I remember seeing like I remember like on like those Zillow Gone Wild type websites I show you just like wild ass houses that are for sale, Like there was one that the interior looked like a vampire's nightclub, and I'm like, this ship is I cannot relax in here?
Speaker 3: Like I Yeah, if it looks like the set, you know what I mean? It looks like a set of some sort of like nineties vampire film nope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not gonna chill, not gonna be, not gonna sleep.
Speaker 1: My whole esthetic is from dust till dawn. You're like, Okay, that's that's Flag City Jackie. What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is gonna split the room. And I'm a little nervous to say this out loud, but Killers of the Flower.
Speaker 1: Moon, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if you guys. Have you guys seen it yet, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, I have not.
Speaker 1: No, I've I've been actually wait i've. When I saw it, I was like, let me start seeing some First Nations indigenous people comment on it, because I can definitely see the Scorsese vibes, and people are like, oh my god, this white guy, what did he go there? I'm like, who the fuck's being centered in the one I saw? Whoever the language consultant was on the red carpet started dropping some knowledge, but not fully, you know, fucking shit up. I was like, okay, yeah, yeah, this is this is obviously going to be flawed in some right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, just like a bit of background, I actually worked for the Osage Nation back in my urban planning days. Like I'm focused more on comedy now, But I worked as an urban planner. I have a master's in that, and I was working out there, and so I got a chance to see this story come to life in the community and got a chance to like really understand that this is still very much an open wound, still very much a very tragic, awful thing that's happened to the community. And so I knew once they started announcing like, oh, Martin Scorsese's going to do this and Leonardo.
Speaker 4: Kapper, I was like, Oh, how are they.
Speaker 3: I was like, let's hope they're handling it with reverence because this is a big one. And so I was already just kind of curious how it was all going to play out. But I will say they did consult left and right with community, and so that's huge, the fact that they were working with the tribe and working with tribal members just to put the story together. But that said, it is about the reign of terror and murder of O Sage people and for their head rights. So a head right essentially is basically it's oil money, and so people were coming in and and and it so I guess there's a lot of rampant violence essentially, and going in and watching three and a half hours of that as a Native person not the business for me.
Speaker 4: I was angry. I was very frustrated.
Speaker 3: And I will say, Leonardo DiCaprio's character, this is actually the hot take you were talking about on the red carpet with the Osage consultant. I want to pull his name up in a second, because we got to give him credit for what he said. But it just so much centered Leonardo DiCaprio's character, and we could see him wrestling with what he was doing, which was part of a murder plot centered on this one very specific family, and I'm like, why are we giving him this multi dimensional approach? Yes, his name is Christopher Cote and that's the Osage consultant, and I just felt like it gave him a lot of texture.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, what about the Native people in this?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: And I didn't.
Speaker 3: I would love to see Molly. Molly's character have a little bit more nuance and and I just I wanted something different. But again, I will say, I do think it's important to watch the film because there's a lot of people who never heard about the story, who know nothing about it, and this was the first ever FBI investigation, you know what I mean, So like this exactly, and so I think that the acting is amazing. It's it's amazing acting. The set, like the set design, like you're in there, they got flies going around, and I'm like in the theater, like you know, like they really put you in it, right, they put you in it. And so I really think that's that's great and lovely and wonderful. But yeah, it was just really hard for me to sit there and watch three and a half hours of violence against state of people. And so but here's the ultimate thing. So we're putting a spotlight on something that happened a long time ago, lots of people stealing head rights and from tribal peoples. But like, what do we do next? Like what comes after this? And I think that's the question that I have. And that's not necessarily a question for the tribe or the question for the film crew, But like Leo made a fat check on this one. Does he contribute some of that back to the community so they can get their head rights and lands back. I mean, like that's that's what I'm just like, I want to see what happens next. And I hate to say it, But I don't know if this is gonna, you know, be a catalyst for other bigger questions about lots of people, because this is this is one thing that we know about. This is one investigation, but there was all kind of crazy shit happening out there at that time, with people coming in and stealing lands and stealing head rights directly from tribal members and in scrupulous ways and violent ways. So anyway, that's where I'm like, I think, as a piece, it's important for people to have watched it, but if your native, like, take your time, you don't need to see it right away, schedule a therapy session in advance and after, you know, like you just got to really be there to support yourself because it's a heavy one.
Speaker 4: It's so heavy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are those films that are made for audiences that like you're like, that's important for them to understand. But if you come from that community, I mean, it's like that's why man, like Twelve Years of Slave and certain movies like that. I'm like, bro, I mean, go ahead, like, if you need to see it, go ahead, Like I don't need I don't need to be convinced or know even more or a depiction of it. But I get it because everyone, you know, we grapple with our own personal histories in our own ways. But yeah, if like Leonardo Dicapriolan out here on some like land back shit, then what's up? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was my main concern when starting to see the movie being promoted. You know, the audience reaction of the trailers was immediately, wow, that looks beautiful, Wow, that looks great. And I saw Martin Scorsese. I didn't know much about the film, and then I was like, this seems like this could be very delicate and hard to pull off for a white man in his eighties, I believe. And I and the entire time as I was hearing the reaction to the film and how the hype build up, I was like, why isn't there any criticism? I was like, is it really that good? Did he really handle it that carefully and with that much depth and understanding? And I'm hearing that it's like kind into but not as much as you'd hope. Is that I don't want to put words in your mouth, Jackie. Is that I mean?
Speaker 1: I guess, Oh, sorry, go ahead, No, I'm just saying or it feels like it's just inherently hard to make a movie like this, yeah yeah, and pull it off in the way that you need to. Like it's yeah right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but so does that I guess my I guess my misgiving with is like should was he the best person to do it? Or I guess because my whole my whole reaction to it when I first saw I was like, really, Martin Scorsese and that that was That was when I guess. I was like the Irishman fine, but this felt that different for me, and I was like, I wasn't as excited as I thought the hype was, and I was questioning, like why I wasn't getting there right?
Speaker 3: I mean, so, so, it's actually based on a book called Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grant, who's a non native person who writes about the Osage murders and the birth of the FBI. But so so yes, so that this essentially is a film based off of the books. So I think in that way, a lot of I didn't read the book, I'll tell you that. But again, I'm not like jumping into reading about these things myself, but I have quite a few friends who read it. And they were like, okay, Like it was definitely a little bit more mystery oriented in the book according to you know, my friend's assessment of reading it. But yeah, they were like, yeah, I think it did sort of a good job of laying out what happened in the book. But at the same time, this, like I said, this is a very heavy topic for this very real community that's living with this right now. And so I think that's the piece of it where I don't know if I'm just naive, but I was like, look, this is this is Hollywood. We can we have some creative license. Like I thought that the murders might be like not so in your face. Like I felt like maybe, and I felt like, maybe there's some creative interpretation of what happened to inject more agency and power into the native perspective, because that's what I would do if I had an opportunity to do it, right, I'd be like, all right, here's a story, but here's a story I want to tell about this story, you know, And so I think, like I guess I was silly to think maybe it wouldn't be so in your face. And then the opening scene, like a couple of moments into the opening scene, we see our first murder, and I'm like, aha, it was just so real, and it was like literally the people were gasping in the audience.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, and.
Speaker 3: So you said that, yeah, yeah, so but I get it, like I think probably, And I haven't read any of their sort of the film, the directors, and I haven't read any of what they've said in response to any of some of the criticism that's coming out, but I'm sure they're like, we want it to be real, we want it to be in your face because we don't want to hide the horrors of what this was. But simultaneously, if that's your goal, then I'm gonna recommend dat. If people do not watch, you know, anyone who has been from a community that has been targeted and oppressed in a very violent, awful way. That's where I'm like, ooh, I I just just be prepared, basically. And Lily Gladstone, who's the amazing actor who plays Molly, she even said because unfortunately, because of SAG, and because of the SAG after strike, wasn't even able to promote or say much about it. And so finally once the strike was lifted and all that, Lily came forward and said, like, please take care of yourselves because this is a heavy one. And I'm like, yeah, that's kind of the vibe we should have gone in with. But unfortunately, because of the strike, no one was able to say much, you know. So and I watched it like I had an advanced screening and so like I saw it with a lot of people like well before it came out, and so you know. Anyway, So also I think it's a little overrated, and I do think that people who don't know about the story should absolutely watch it. And again, amazing acting. And I do hope that Lily Gladstone gets a knom like she has to, like she fucking killed it and she and people might recognize her from Reservation Dogs. She plays the anti who's in prison. So and I can't remember her name right now, I'm sorry, but anyway, killer acting, a lot of amazing acting.
Speaker 2: It was a good nuanced take. I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you just split the room because we didn't see it.
Speaker 3: I wanted you guys to watch it, and I want to watch it, please, and let's debrief this case.
Speaker 2: You need to watch it. Absolutely. I was on the fence and now the fact that you were like, no, it's it's essential. You're just gonna need to take care of yourself. That over the edge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's hard I think in general, Yeah, like to see just that kind of untethered violence towards marginalized people, that is that goes unpunished. It's hard to watch that over and over and over.
Speaker 3: And then it's like and then Native women on top of that, like we already have, like folks are familiar with mm i W murdered Indigenous women. So this is nothing new, and it's just really hard to stomach. And you know, and also it's three and a half hours long, so do not drink anything before you go in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or we're a diaper, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what you got to do?
Speaker 4: You know, there's no there's no intermission, it's just NonStop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back and we'll find out what's overrated and then we'll get some news and we're back. Let's switch gears. We didn't forget about your underrated Jackie. What's something some things I don't know what's something that's underrated.
Speaker 4: I think what's really underrated is acupuncture.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm in that point in my life where I'm having psiatic nerve pain.
Speaker 4: What no fun? No fun.
Speaker 3: And and honestly, it happened because I just got really sedentary. I started working from home about three and a half years ago, and I stay working at home, so I'm not doing that like active movement, just running to and from the office like I used to. So anyway, I had a really bad flare up and one of my good friends was like, Yo, you got to check out this acupuncture clinic. This woman's amazing. You go in there, you walk out with no back pain, and you, guys, I'm not even lying. I would be pretty aggressive about it. Go three times a week. But yeah, I have got it down to a point where I'm sitting, I'm able to stand for long periods of time.
Speaker 4: Like it's such a what's so cool about it that I didn't know?
Speaker 3: I don't know the total science behind it, you know, but this is like traditional Chinese medicine.
Speaker 4: It is used widely across the globe.
Speaker 3: Multiple countries have it just built into their medical systems, you know. But the US is, you know, a little on the fence, probably because they love pharmaceuticals anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well did it come from one of the colonial powers exactly?
Speaker 3: We don't know if we can trust it, yeah, exactly. But it basically gets your body into a relaxed state. And so like in the beginning, I was nervous because I'm afraid of needles, but you kind of just get used to it after a while, and they'll like put like a couple of pins like like for me anyway, based on what I need in my on the top of my scalp right here, and I swear whenever she pops that in, it's like my body goes m like it just it kind of like powers down in a really beautiful way. Because I'm a very active creative and sometimes I cannot get this thing to shut down on its own. So I love to just chill. And I'll just like chill there for like forty minutes with these little needles on me, and then when I walk out, I feel like this little post acupuncture glow where I'm just like.
Speaker 4: Everything's beautiful and I'm relaxed, you know.
Speaker 3: And so I just think it's really underrated and I don't hear enough people talking about it, and like you kind of depending on your healthcare. You may or may not have options, but there are definitely community clinics that try to get this tutted more reasonable sliding scale. So I'm sure it's available a lot of places, but I could I couldn't tell you like how surprised I was at how it was able to address like my acute like I was having a major flare up. And so I'm just gonna go continuously and yeah, so I'm a big fan and I highly recommend it for anybody.
Speaker 1: I need that for my back after I slipped and kicked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, Miles, you need that.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, it's it's so wild you say that I have. I spend a lot of hours in this Batman chair that I'm sitting in right now. And as I was doing the AKA, right after I was done, say, I don't know if you can, guys noticed me, my back started freaking out. I have no idea what happened, was yo, I have no I think I busted my classical my oh my god, no, no, my back was spasming, and I was I just turned thirty two, so I'm discovering new things about my body all the time, and this really you hit on a number of things. I definitely spend too much time in a chair. I become more sedentary as well, and I'm my lower back is doing some weird stuff, and I think I also have a hard time relaxing, especially if I'm like in a in a place where I think, you know, the idea of massage and like spas and stuff it really really appeals to me. I love the idea of it, but being comfortable in that space, like I cannot turn my head off. I'm constantly like body conscious and wondering what's going on. The fact that someone can just like place a thing on me it's and just take a step back. That's really appealing to me in a way I never thought about before. I mean, it's powerful.
Speaker 3: It's powerful stuff, and like again like I don't know all this su vices of it. It's basically about energy flow, and it's about basically cleaning up those sort of intersections of energy that are going through our body and some of them are kind of stuck, if you will. And it's really big on like lowering inflammation. Like there's just a lot of people I know who now it's a part of their general health care practices. It's a week they go to their acupuncturists, they do their thing. But I will like fully take naps in that chair, you know. So anyway, I just I love it and I feel like and you said, you just turned thirty two, Happy, happy birthday, belated birthday. And that's about that age when stuff starts to move around and I feel like it's really taken the like I need to start building stuff into my regular practice because it's just going to keep.
Speaker 4: Getting more challenging.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, I take care yourself, unless unless we can find the found of youth, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Right right?
Speaker 1: Or that just means, you know, taking the blood of younger people and then to put it in your body and maybe that works. I don't know if people are trying it.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, a couple of bong rips. It's all however you get through your day. It's however you get.
Speaker 1: Through yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, the bong of youth. That's what I call it, the blunt of youth, you know what I mean? Who would have known that the secret to long life was in a pack of backwoodsy Okay, let's move on to some news. The GOP. We were just talking about how the habit of tripling and doubling, quadrupling down on this terrible hand of like transphobia and healthcare denial or health access to healthcare denial is like their whole thing, and they keep losing. They're like, no, we can win, man, we can win. And also, I know it's a total clown show in the Congress, but like we can't even keep the government funded, but don't worry, you still vote for us. There's this moment on Tuesday where Chip Roy, who's a congressman of Texas, was getting really upset with just kind of like yo, like there's so much infighting, like we can barely keep the government funding. What like, just started grand standing as if he wasn't a Republican too. But it's just interesting to see him come for his fellow colleagues on the right because he's big mad about the perceived nonsense that's happening, although he probably isn't. He's just he's probably doing this to help his election chances. But anyway, let's listen to Chip Roy.
Speaker 2: One thing.
Speaker 6: I want my Republican colleagues to give me one thing, one that I can go campaign on and say we did one anybody's sitting in the complex if you want to come down to the floor and come explain to me one material, meaningful, significant thing the Republican majority has done.
Speaker 1: So that's very interesting. It should be noted that he decided to talk with his chest out like that when it was empty. So can't really give you full points there chip for going after your colleagues because you're like, all right, everybody gone, now watch this shit. Because also, let's like this is where it's a little bit funny, right, I get that he's saying, like, name one thing, but sir, you are wasting your time trying to get divers the bills like canned from the Department of Defense, or you know, going after just like very basic things like like there's a federal law that bans people from blocking abortion clinics and he wanted to repeal that. So, sir, you're you're putting a lot of your energy behind shit that I don't know if you can actually go back to your constituents and be like, yeah, I did that, I kept a rainbow flag out of the Pentagon. Okay, But it's just like one of those things where it's like a little bit of trying to say like I'm better than everybody, but if you really look at the receipts, you're like, bro, you were what the fuck are you saying for? Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He reminds me of my dog who makes a huge frust room. There's like a shadow at the door, and as soon as you open it up, she's like, oh, new friend, It's yeah, I don't, I can't. I'm really tired. I so I love to see people being passionate. I just hate to see people being inauthentic. And it's I think that's what's really made the populous like so apathetic, cause it's hard to trust anything in politics. It always has been. But even when they're it's like some modicum of like an impassioned speech, it's always tacked on with the caveat of like, you know, this isn't real, this is a performance, blah blah blah. And I just can't sit here and stuff because otherwise when it's when it's real, you get that weird ship like we got the other day with Mark Wayne Mullen trying to beat people up in like a Senate chamber, and that was a real impassion thing, but it was so stupid that everyone felt embarrassed by it, and this is these are the options we have. It's fake or it's stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's not that was more. I feel like toxic mask. I don't want to I don't care, and you fuck with my mask. Oh I'll fight you right here.
Speaker 2: I want to pretend to take my wedding ring off because I don't want to hurt anyone exactly like an idiot.
Speaker 1: Yeah if you started taking his wristwatch off and doing the whole clear out of my okay, and they're like, oh he's wearing black Air Forces.
Speaker 2: Oh oh shit, okay, Oh.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. I didn't know. Maybe maybe Mark Wayne is trying to make.
Speaker 2: Smokest even just smears it on about to get ready, He's like, let me till.
Speaker 1: My hair back really quick, let me take my farings out.
Speaker 4: Yeah the.
Speaker 1: Baby, hold my baby, hold my baby. But yeah, it's but yeah, this is kind of like what's what it's been reduced to. It's just people getting clips on Twitter and then hopefully they can campaign on that. Meanwhile, like the Democrats don't have to do anything because the Republicans are so bad, so everybody loses because they can just be like because everyone's just like, this is gonna make re election so easy for all the Democrats. It's like, yeah, but here's the issue here. If we're not trying to change the status quo for something that looks a little more equitable, then we're not doing we're doing fuck all. We're actually going backwards. And I just I always say, like, I just hate how easy like it is for Democrats when you have Republicans like this who are just like completely lost the plot. But anyway, here we are. Shall we move on to something a little bit more, I guess, more chaotic than the dysfunction of Congress. A horse being loose on a plane. I saw this headline it said plane forced to return to JFK Airport after horse on board gets loose. Now I'm pretty sure everyone is picturing like a full on fucking horse, like fucking up the fuselage right like where people are like, ah uh, well, it turns out because obviously that shit wouldn't happen, Although I don't know why. My mind's like how to get the horse in the plane like that It was in the cargo hold and got out of the its crate, which is why the plane had to land and which is interesting too. The pilot was like, no, we're good to fly. But the pilot was really concerned about the well being of the horse and was saying like, hey, when we landed, JFK, like, we need veterinary care to check this horse out, like want to make sure this horse is doing all good. And I'm like, damn, like this's a lot of you know, we don't even give a fucking human beings this kind of consideration. But but go on, pilot, Yeah, bring this thing down and save the horse. But yeah, I didn't realize horses do fly on planes all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know this either. And as someone who I think we've talked many times about like the anxieties of flying on air traveling when you have a pet and you're worried about like it shitting in the airport or whatever, I have committed to never taking my dog on a plane unless I somehow make enough money to like go on a chartered flight at some point.
Speaker 1: But may only fly private, right, right, But I.
Speaker 2: Was thinking, why isn't there a airline that caters to animal lovers, pet owners or whatever where you can make it. So it's like, no, we're pretty chill about your dog shitting in the eye. We have someone to clean it up. I would pay extra for that.
Speaker 1: You would, Yeah, you know that fucking airline would smell like straight.
Speaker 2: Up, and that's fine. I don't care. I don't have I don't. I pretty much have to pay like so much money to put my dog in daycare when I like to travel myself. I don't know if they went around to take care of it.
Speaker 1: I guess you could make it work if you use like a decommissioned like C one thirty or something like a military aircraft.
Speaker 2: Where and limit it too. Don't make it like three hundred people on a plane, like make it very limited.
Speaker 1: Or just being like or when you get on, you're like, y'all know what time it is. There's no fucking snacks, bro, this is the bus for your dog to ship on while we go to fucking Buffalo, New York. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also we're not doing we're not doing twelve hour flights. We're doing like two hours, you know whatever, where your dog can handle it. I'm trying to be I'm trying to be practical here, but.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, yeah, do you have any experience with horses on a with traveling with horses. I mean I knew somebody who was dating like a horse, a horse girl for lack of a better term, a horse. Yeah. You know, like there's like the girls I like, I have a horse and they're like and you're like, and you realize that They're like, oh, that means you were rich as fuck. I didn't. We just thought you were always like drawing pictures of horses and ship. But my friend was dating someone like that who like came from apparently like hidden dynastic wealth and was like flying.
Speaker 7: Her horses like all over the place. And that was the first time I heard him like you can just put them. They're like, yeah, let's how you get them across the country, and like you need your horse to go Again, I'm ignorant of the those things that are all equine, but apparently like this is normal too. There was like a bear cub got loose on a flight to bag Dad if that was like on the internet, where like a little bear club bear cub bear crub bear cub.
Speaker 1: Was just wilding out on the plane. And then also like on viet Jet there was a flight where someone an otter and a rat that were smuggling into someone's suitcase, got out.
Speaker 3: No, no, man, this is too much. I already hate flying to begin with. If some animal pops up and some shit, I'm out, you know, I.
Speaker 4: Mean you can't be out. That's the whole problem. You're just stuck on a plane with these critters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I can't just open the emergency exit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, you know what I mean, deal with it that way. I mean it would be terrifying. Can you imagine, Because here's what's happening. Right, They're in the plane and they hear clank clank, clank, clink clink.
Speaker 4: They're like, what the fuck.
Speaker 2: Is that sound? Oh? Ship?
Speaker 4: The horse cut right?
Speaker 1: Those you don't want to have like barn problems on a plane, you know, the horse got out like that. I I like that in the context of like a you know, like a rural setting, but not on my overpriced flight, because it's our shi It's already too much.
Speaker 4: It's too much, it's too much.
Speaker 3: And then also like poor horses, Like horses are actually really sensitive, so I'm sure damn horse was having the worst panic attack of its life yet five thousand feet in the air. Very unfair to that point, not.
Speaker 1: Even find private.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's one of the that that honestly is one of the reasons I don't even I don't think my dog would like flying private. She's that bougie. She would make me drive her like I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I don't like resisting getting on the plane when.
Speaker 2: Absolutely why do we walking past.
Speaker 1: The late flat seats? Why are we walking past these seats the back? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. I think, yeah, I think I would always could. I will take four extra travel days to like take my dog. Planes freaked me out so much already, Like you said, it's too expensive, it's too uncomfortable. We already dealing with people taking their shoes off. I don't want to deal with.
Speaker 3: When you people with the feet. Yeah, I'll take a horse over a foot any day. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't need I don't need any of that. Wasn't that an RFK junior thing? Recently he went to like like an airport bathroom without socks or shoes on, like you know when you do.
Speaker 1: Someone caught him walking through first class one to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so no, thank you? So yeah, I think I think sure, maybe we need to relook at how we're transporting these animals, because that doesn't sound like it would. I mean, how do you get out of that without traumatizing the horse, like.
Speaker 1: I mean, give a bunch of horses or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, well, yeah, I think it's still probably going to be traumatized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I heard. I heard it was not really for humans at first.
Speaker 4: More tranquilizer find it at any concert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right exactly, and now at therapist too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like, yeah, it's the hottest rage in l a.
Speaker 6: Hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think in the West coast too, like it's you see it up and down. Look, we're people understand the power the things that can be unlocked with psychedelics. Anyway, let's move on to uh, orcas, our brethren in the fight against you know, just just obscene wealth and also fishing boats. You know, it's not really on the fishermen, but in the last year there was like just increased reporting of orcas killer whales going after yachts and fishing boats in the Atlantic, primarily near the Iberian Peninsula, but just like generally in the Atlantic, and some boats look damage so bad they fucking sank and others were like disabled to the point that they needed to be towed because like the rudders were like bitten off by the orcas and shit, and they're like, I can't fucking steer this shit anymore, Like what the fuck am I supposed to do? So this has led to many in the sailing, yachting, boating world of that region the world to like get together. They're like Facebook groups where they're like, Yo, I figured it out. I know how to actually deter the orcas. Some swear that blasting heavy metal from an underwater speaker will help. Others have said that painting the whole different colors will not attract them. Meanwhile, on Facebook groups, they're saying that scattering sand behind the boat will maybe throw them off, and others have gone as far as throwing fucking firecrackers in the water to scare them, which every expert is like, don't fucking throw little bang bangs in the water at these fucking animals. First of all, you will harm them and also like the other creatures around them, like it's very fucking detrimental to that ecosystem. And at first, like I think, like everybody were like, yo, the fucking orcas get it, like they're fucking they have god leveled intelligence, like they understand that these boats are a fucking stain on our society. But it turns out many researchers have just thrown cold water on that. They're like it to us, it sort of looks like, you know, the Orcas have just found a new way to play with the boats. Like it seems more like play more than them actually being like, yo oh, how wouts your fucking income type shit. It's more about them having, you know, a good time. So I think it's just like interesting that the like a lot of people as they argue about this, the one thing that people have all said that they're just starting to do, rather than throw fucking bombs at them, is to be like, how about we just stay the fuck away from them, like where we know they're at. How about that that's actually full proof? And now slowly it sounds like that is catching on, which is nice to see, rather than people be like, no, you need this fucking hardpoom bro, Like I like that where we've come back to now matter respect, respect the fucking seed, Like that's it is.
Speaker 2: What it is.
Speaker 1: You don't want smoke, then don't go near them and then sorry, take a detour.
Speaker 3: I mean this is the animals are animal ing, that's what they do. Like people will just stroll up on their territories and get all mad when they can't do their whatever fishing trip or whatever. It's like it's like orcas, it's bears. Like the amount of people who just stroll up on a bear being cute and it's like the bear is gonna bear real good. Yeah, you know, I just I just hate seeing these stories of people who are just out there and getting mad like oh, they're they're ruining our things, and it's like you're literally ruining their habitat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's yeah.
Speaker 4: It's awful.
Speaker 1: Definitely like colonize our mindset, you know what I mean, where it's like, what you mean, I'm on this fucking boat, the fucking the laws of nature should conform to my fucking needs and wants and a fucking killer whale. Not today, I will throw a bomb at you when which again, I'm just so glad that it's like they have these places they call them like Orca alleys where they're like, yo, they tend to kick it like in these spots, and so now they're just like just fucking avoid it, you know what I mean. How about we just fucking respect nature and I start trying to conquer it. But hey, shout out to the orcas, you know, do your thing, keep playing if that's what you want to say. Yeah, yeah, we love to play.
Speaker 2: We love to play that targeted play.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, I think it's beautiful though, Like honestly, like the orct have really become the symbol for the underdog, you know, Like it's really like the people who are like, yeah, go ahead and get them, you know, right, Yeah, it's just it's a lot of incredibly rich people who don't give a fuck about the environment.
Speaker 1: So true, now, it's exactly that's why it's good. Like apparently, like in these Facebook groups there are people who are like, y'all are fucking really missing the point here, Like it's not about like they're not attacking you, like especially if they're just they're they're playing or whatever, they're not really going after you. But to understand that, just make way for nature, you know what I mean, because we know we don't know shit about the ocean as it.
Speaker 2: Is, Like people on a state of the art, million dollar thing are claiming victimhood like they're being attacked.
Speaker 1: Well, look, my boat was only six hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry, Okay, you're at the low end of the spectrum there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they call me the broke boy in the young community. But that's okay, that's okay, that's okay. I'll own my truth. Also, I did not know that orchids are technically dolphins. Wait oh, they're mammals right, yeah, largest member of whales and mammals too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so is there a whale family? I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's gotta be like now I'm playing myself to like, yeah, they're all fucking dolphins. Uh no, no, because it's whales. See, this is why I have to look, this is I'm trying to be transparent with donnies. I don't know. Look, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know about whales either.
Speaker 1: They didn't know that the ship was a dolphin, so shout out dolphins too.
Speaker 3: I did not know there. But it makes sense though, because dolphins are actually pretty aggressive. They're very smart, very I actually swam with dolphins once, and now that I know about dolphins, I will never do that ship again. Wild ass dolphins in New Zealand right now.
Speaker 1: Oh wild, Yeah, I've heard too many videos where like dolphins are kind of like they're violating.
Speaker 4: They do violate. There are yes, we don't got to get into it, but yeah they violate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like enough that I'm like, Joe, what the like of that dolphin?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Cancel the dolphins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, canceled dolphins. I mean not all but hey, we got to be know dophins. No, no, no, no, no, all right, let's take a quick break and.
Speaker 1: We'll be coming right back to talk about some new bullshit available on lou Ray and we're back. So just full disclosure off top. I'm a I'm a I'm a I'm a geriatric millennial. You knew that, which means I came of age. You know, with the media of the nineties, eight two thousands, it was all me true lies. I fucked with that movie Heavy, Okay. I thought that ship was action packed. I thought I was like, Yo, they got fucking Dana on the fucking Harrier jet and ship Crimson g hot. I was like, Yo, what the fuck this ship is? Child. Then I had some life experience, I learned some things, I met some people, I talked to people, I got some perspective and looking back kind of biggest piece of his long over trash that one of the biggest ones that came out in the nineties that does not get talked about enough. So I'm not gonna say I'm not gonna sit here and act like I wasn't fucking with True Lives before, and not that I was fucking with it, because I was, like the message in it. I was just a you know, a preteen teenager who liked watching ship blow up and watching somebody drop a Uzi down the staircase and then mark like twenty people with it if you remember that scene with Jamie the Curtis. So apparently it's coming back out on Blu Ray along with like a bunch of other James Cameron films, and you know, like it was a huge movie and like there was like even a TV show that got canceled that was based on it. It was not really it wasn't available to stream like at all until the end of last year. Like you had to like actually own that shit or buy that, you know, buy a digital copy or whatever you like. You couldn't just stream it. Now. It's just interesting because as this movie's coming back right the conversation sounds like me from the year nineteen ninety eight or something like that, going like, oh my god, True.
Speaker 2: Lies is coming back. Yes, True Lies.
Speaker 1: We love it, we love it, we love it. Like it's just like just such like one of the best action movies, rather than being like this was actually one of the most backwards racist movies of the nineties that we aren't really grappling with because in general, we don't really examine Islamophobia in this country because we've been fed as steady diet of like, oh, yeah, them people, Yeah, they're just the bad guys. Those are called those are just bad guys. And some recent articles like talking about the film's return, note that True Lies is now quote a bit dated now in terms of quote cultural depictions, which is that's the understatement of the century. First of all, I did not know this, so like the I mean, I did know that the film is sexist, but I didn't know that like at the time the outrage I was happening because I was like fucking ten years old. But like the James Cameron like dismissed a lot of these sort of accusations of sexism or like like what the fuck, Like what is this guy doing like this guy, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Harry, he arrests his wife like disappears her and then puts her in a fucking interrogation room and then gets her to fucking like confess to some weird shit. Apparently, he said. In defense of that scene, James Camera said, quote, I've had a lot of guys say I need one of those rooms at my house. Bruh, that's not the fucking defense. You're okay, all right, well you've proved your critics. Well no, no, could you imagine he's like, yeah, he's just said that shit right now in the But like, even like women's rights groups they were even just straight up said they wouldn't protest the movie specifically because quote, compared to the Arabs in this film, women come off relatively well in this one. That they were even like, I don't know if really we have the most complaints here because they are doing these characters absolutely just disrespectfully filthy, and it's really I think it's just wild to call the movie like sort of dated, because even when the film came out, there were people protesting and boycotting the film because of how racist it was. They're in like fifty four Arab and Muslim countries just fucking banned it. They're like right now, fucking catch this shit here at all, which is so wild. And I'm like, when you look at all of the night, you're like, oh yeah, h m hm, oh yeah, it's all adding up because if the films is specifically right about Harry Trasker I believe is his name or whatever his his his full name is, and he's battling a Palestinian specifically Palestinian terrorist group called the Crimson Gihad. Okay, I don't know what that. I don't know where he fucking got that. Uh, maybe because Cameron just thought jihad means like violent gang or something, and he's like, yeah, you call him Crimson Gihad or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And and these and like the Palesitinians in this film are portrayed as just like bloodthirsty, willing to torture like anyone they come across, because they are hell bent on destroying the United States and Israel. And by the way, like when you watch it, they are like absolute clowns too, like the most incapable people ever, Like they don't they don't have their camera batteries charged when they're trying to show off.
Speaker 2: Their basically stormtroopers.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, right exactly, which makes it easy, like when they're reduced to sort of like these comedic depictions that Harry can just be like aim, gun at and blast and you're like, yeah, yeah, cool, cool dude, Like I don't even know if that's a person really. And Jack Shaheen, who is the author of the book Real Bad Arabs called True Lies quote perhaps the most anti Palestinian film Hollywood has ever made. It says there is no form of communication more powerful than film in creating propaganda, and Golan and Globist took it to another level. A certainly American producers play a role in vilifying Palestinians. Perhaps the most anti Palaestinian film is True Lies.
Speaker 3: Is the full quote there, I didn't even like as a kid, same thing, Miles, Like, I grew up watching this and you know again ten so just wasn't critical of what was happening. But I never attached the Crimson Jihad or any of those folks to an actual nation, like and so I'm kind of getting my mind blown right now, like thinking about like it was it was they were supposed to be Palestinian in the film.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I didn't even know that.
Speaker 1: It's just it's really it's it's fucking bad. It's bad. It's bad. And like, even like Fox who put out the movie, they defended it by saying that, like the villains in the movie quote, we don't label them as Arabs or Muslims. That was that was actually a statement from Fox.
Speaker 2: Really we just cast them that way, like, yeah, what the fuck the.
Speaker 1: Actors are all yeah, like I think that we had some Arab performers in there. They are wearing the kafias. But it's like, sir, is it because you literally didn't say the words, That's how you're trying to make it Like it's such a such a cheap, fucking defense. And so they tried to fucking calm the waters a bit by adding a disclaimer in the film that said, quote, this film is a work of fiction and does not represent the actions or beliefs of a particular culture or religion. The wild part is that shit came at the very end of the film, and that statement came right after this one that said no animals were harmed in the making of this film.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: They were more concerned about the horse in that probably the representation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, that is wild to say. Literally, we're going to actually ensure that for people who are concerned about the animals that will take that will actually take priority, just in the sequence of disclaimers before we're like, yo, sorry if this was like straight up islamophobic propaganda. But the horses though, just just a reminder of the horse was cared for. Yeah, absolutely, And the dog, even the little dog that he would walk when he would just pull it along on the leash.
Speaker 3: Oh right, Oh my god, you're like you're sending me back like I'm trying to try to put Tom in real.
Speaker 4: Tom Arnold was in it. Tom Arnold was in it too. He played his like little sidekick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he had a couple of really good lines though, Like there's this one silly line about how he broke up with his wife and he's like, what kind of sick bitch takes the ice trays out.
Speaker 1: Of the free Yeah, she took the ice cube trays. I remember that was like one of my favorite curse words like sequences in a movie. I was like, what kind of see bitch takes the ice?
Speaker 4: Miles is ASMR debut yes, bitch.
Speaker 1: She was from Tom Marnold fam I.
Speaker 3: Remember, remember like there's the angsty teen and she like and he like he hides a little camera in the and then and then she steals twenty bucks from him. Yeah, and she gets on the on the bike with her boyfriend and then she ends up being in that final scene with Dana.
Speaker 2: Dana, you do a great job. Honestly, give me the guy, damn page the goddag and.
Speaker 4: He's like really rock hard data. Yeah it's a little soft.
Speaker 3: Okay, So there is there are some Okay, there are some great lines and they're Okay, this is not.
Speaker 1: A defensive film. We're just being.
Speaker 3: I'm just getting really missed out. Like my head is just full of these stupid like sound bites from that fucking you know movie, or.
Speaker 1: Like when Simon he's like, you're gonna shoot me. I got a tiny dick. It's pathetic. There's like there's that whole ship. There's a lot of again ship that made you laugh. That was that was just sandwiched around everything too, because also Simon's character was fucking grimy as fuck. Remember he was doing what the guy who sounded the dude who's the main character in Sound of Freedom was being accused of was saying, you got to pretend to be my wife on this mission and then coerce them into like sexual ship. Like that's exactly what Simon did anyway, when Bill Paxton, Yeah, yeah, I got a little ditch.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you are like taking it back right now, like I am just.
Speaker 1: So then when I I put it away forever memories, you know, these memories when I when I knew not of American hegemony, I mean I knew it was.
Speaker 3: Bad, and I knew it was stupid, like and especially when they make them all very goofy like the whole like just like when they're trying to have their big moment and then the battery dies in the camera.
Speaker 4: Like it to me, I was like, yeah, but again a kid, but this is so silly.
Speaker 3: I just looked at the poster for True Lies and it said when he said I do, he never said what he did kind of like it's all centered around his relationship because he's supposed to be like what a paper salesman?
Speaker 2: Is that what it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh my god, yeah, I mean it's just wild too, because like when when they were asked to James Cameron he like did not want to take any kind of responsibility, and he said, quote, I just needed some convenient villains. I could have picked Irish terrorists.
Speaker 2: Oh shut up, James, but marginalized brown people. That's that was your decision. Yeah, he loves it.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, did Avatar, which is basically yeah, I was just gonna John Smith in the space.
Speaker 1: So it's like, I mean he just but he got a blue face though too. That's how dedicated he was to the movement. I think it's also just like whack. Obviously, like we're in such an era to where the like labels of terrorism are thrown around like just basically deployed to discredit people that are in most cases oppressed and have no other recourse except for uprisings. And like you see that throughout history, like the kinds of groups that like now be like they called this group, they used to be called terrorists, and now we're like, oh, yeah, the people that were for black liberation or other kinds of liberation or you know, calling like you know when enslaved people were like okay, so this is not happening anymore, like the terrorism that these people endured in Haiti. You're like well okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it's very cyclical. Yeah, we don't we don't know the difference like what is terrorism, what is what is fascism and what isn't That's been the hot topic reason like Trump can say the most fascist it in the world and then call all this enemies fascists, like there is really an effort to communists. Yeah, yeah, right is China everyone it seems to be not literally like understanding the definition of words is. It's very important, and I think we're using so so so much ability to see through the bullshit. It's very concerning what and.
Speaker 1: I think just Americans in general, like people don't am not I'd say not all Americans, but the concept of like oppression and hegemony are kind of like foreign because a lot of people are like living on this fucking spaceship that is like the hegemonic power, right, Like we're you talking about what that means. They're like, I don't know, that looks bad, like without understanding, like do you this is? This is such a larger picture here and it's not just crimson gy hod and they their back their camera ran out of batteries, like but hey, when we want to reduce it to those kinds of things that flatten it into easy to understand things. It gets away from us and then we get this kind of shit.
Speaker 3: And that's why it's so important to have people from their own communities tell their stories, because you're gonna have someone like James Cameron tell the story and put their funky.
Speaker 4: Ass spin on it.
Speaker 1: Oh so you know something, you know nav you know, NAVI.
Speaker 4: Representation in this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's someone on Instagram. They're like, I've been here the whole time talking about navvy rights and y'all really just fuck let me out of the conversation.
Speaker 4: There's someone who's already learning the Navy language, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like, there's someone who's yeah, they're LARPing with the navvy and it's Yeah, it's one of those things where I just like, we we gotta like just James Cameron, like, let's make way for other creators and other filmmakers who have like really compelling stories to tell and are from those communities.
Speaker 4: Let's just do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, because I'm just I'm so over I'm just so over it. Like the Yellowstone of it all where it's like someone comes in and like writes these lines and they're supposed to be from this community and it sounds insane and I'm just I'm just over it. But yeah, Tom Arnold was a dumbass in that movie, and it was so funny to watch him just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was, oh my god.
Speaker 1: I mean we used to just scream. I remember, like there was someone in our high school named Dana and we would just be like.
Speaker 3: That was That was probably his audition tape for the whole film was probably like I don't know, I can't that was a bad one. No, that was actually okay, But what is what is Arnold Swarzenegger without his allergy medicine? What is? I don't know?
Speaker 4: Anyway, that was my best attempt I call you that I can't.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's fantastic. That's why I take twenty four tech. It's fantastic for people like me with the allergies aalogies. All right, well, Jackie, Yeah, it has been fantastic having you yet again. Where do the people find you? Follow you here? You support you? And what is a tweet that you've been liking?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Okay, so you guys can find me at Jackie Comedy J A C K I E C O M.
Speaker 1: E d y.
Speaker 4: I'm on all things.
Speaker 3: That's on Twitter and Instagram and venmore you and uh yeah, I'm a tweet that I love. And this was on November first, as you guys know as Dave American Heritage Month. So it says this is from res Princess here at is chack and bake for this Native American Heritage Month. I'm accept payments for any time anyone has used the word tribe to describe their front group. And I saw that and I was like, fucking thank god because the amount of people who's it my tribe, my people, and it's like, bitch, I got a tribe. I gotta people, Like can you not talk about you and your little friends as a tribe?
Speaker 4: I would love that.
Speaker 3: So anyway, they shout outs to res Princess because that was a hilarious tweet, and I was like, fuck, yeah, that's the mood this month for.
Speaker 1: Sure, Oh for sure. Yeah. In so many ways that we can decolonize our own language too, Like I've been here saying stuff about total polls or my spirit animals and shit like that, and I'm like, yeah, there's other ways to expressing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's like it just it irks me, like when it happens in the moments most like at work, like, hey, let's get a powout going, And I'm like, can you not like just there's other words to describe that, you know.
Speaker 4: It's simple.
Speaker 1: How about how about another useless ass meeting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you?
Speaker 4: And that should have been a fucking email. That should have been a fucking email is what that should be.
Speaker 2: I hate we save you. That's why if you're an ally, it's a good reason to get your tickets to good medicine right now. Yes, make sure get your tickets, make sure you support the community, learn something.
Speaker 3: Yes, go to PACNYC dot RG get your tickets again. Killer lineup. I'll see you guys there in New York.
Speaker 1: City, beautiful justin. Thanks so much man for co hosting today. Where do the people find you? Follow you? What to tweet?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: Like all that?
Speaker 2: You can find me at j con the Smith that's j C O N T H E S M I t H. Only on Instagram. I don't have a very active social media presence, but I'm out here, you know, doing my thing. Uh piece of media I enjoyed. I was trying to come up with something cooler, but really. As Miles knows, I've been really into this Blue Rye show on Netflix. It's just I love seeing stories once again coming from people who have that lived experience, but trying to give you a relatable story that is just so fascinating that it stays with you for days afterwards. That's what happened with me. I don't know much about the Ato period of Japan during that time, but it really struck a chord with me as a person of mixed raced heritage to see like where you might stand in the history of your culture, like coming down on you as like kind of carrying two parts of your identity and you don't know what to do with it, and it's a struggle. But it's also such a beautiful story, Like all of the characters are fully developed, and even though you might predict one or two things that will shock you eventually, I want to shout out a specific episode because at one point they simultaneously start telling a story within a story within a story, and each of them moves their own insular narratives at a really fun pace, and then the overall story arc coincides with what's being told in all of these stories and it's just showing off the creator's ability to master their craft of storytelling. And it's kind of an ode to their daughter, the Michael Green and I want to make sure I get the name right, Amber Noizumi. They both created the the show, and it's a like an homage to their daughter, who they also called the Blue Eyed Samurai growing up, and they formed the show a little bit after that nickname came up. But man, it's so beautiful. It's very violent, so you know, don't you don't yeh yeah, yeah, beware, there's there's a wide yes, yeah. But the choreography like if you loved Avatar the Last Airbender, but you want a more grown up, less fantasy involved version of that, but but very moving. Nonetheless, Man, check the show out. I really hope it gets all the accolades.
Speaker 1: And what if you liked Avatar the James Cameron.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well, blue eyed Samurai not blue face caricature. That's what that's what we need right now. And the name of that episode is called the Tale of the Ronan and the Bride, and you could watch it on your own. It's episode five. I believe you could watch it on your own. Is like a short film. It's like forty eight minutes, but the story they build up before and after it is so beautiful and worth checking out.
Speaker 4: It's also one on Rotten Tomatoes, so you sold me on that one justin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's oh man, you can finish it in the weekend. Told me, I think you'll you'll learn a lot about a lot of things here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, very cool. So wow, yeah like this shit, Like when you told me, I was like, that's I'm I was. I'm considered a half Japanese beast over there from back then. This is exactly me And it's dope too because it's voiced by Maya Erskine from Penn fifteen is biracial, white and Japanese. So this is down to everything. Yeah, yeah, really dope show. Anyway. You can find me at Miles of Gray wherever they got ad symbols. You can also find Jack and I on our basketball podcast Miles and Jack Got Mad Boosties. If you like, you know Weed and ninety Day Fiance, then come check out for twenty Day Fiance. That's another show I do with Sophia Alexandra. Let's see a tweet I like comes from Ellerie Smith at Ellerie Smith tweeted when a restaurant only has their own homemade catchup, I'm like, don't you know hubris is the hero's fatal flaw, which I feel that it's like, what do you really do? Okay, Okay, we'll see you, see We'll see you. So you can find us at Daily Zeitgeist on Twitter, at the Daily zeit Guys on Instagram, got a Facebook fan page, website guys dot comway post our episodes and our footnoights footnotes thank you justin where we post all the articles and clips and links that we talked about today, as well as a song that we're gonna ride out on. We are going to go out on this track, let me bring it back up. This is called Elsen by the band called La Lom l A l o M. They are an LA band, but they're kind of like, they're sort of trippy. They've they've got like Cumbia influences, but like also like this kind of psychedelic, nostalgic vibe to it. It feels like you listen into stuff like on an old radio or something like that. But this track is called Else by La Loon and it's dope, just some nice easy music to start warming us up for the weekend. Okay, that'll do it for us. Obviously, The Daily sit Case is a production by Heart Radio, so for more podcast check out the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts wherever get your podcasts for free. We'll see you later to tell you what's trending. Okay, bye bye bye