Speaker 1: Yo, what's up?
Speaker 2: You're off in God's Country with your boys Read and Dan and is also known as the Brothers Hunt, where we take a weekly drive to the intersection of country music and the great outdoors. They sure are great. Brought to you by two things that go together. We hadn't talked about these or figured them out yet.
Speaker 1: Off the cuff go.
Speaker 3: Two things go together like Takova's and crocodile leather.
Speaker 2: Two things that go together like a tacoma and uh dead larva in the back of it ross.
Speaker 1: Brought to you by a meat eat and Hey, ray, can we get the thing better?
Speaker 2: One? Wait, play the other one now? Takoba's too jazz? Hey go a second.
Speaker 1: Let go for a second. Oh, it's a co sponsoring the show. Now, baby's co sponsoring the show?
Speaker 3: Now, baby, I can't believe we finally got a sponsor to do that.
Speaker 1: Hopefully, Well, let some shoes our feet and.
Speaker 3: Overlook backs sponsors show.
Speaker 1: Finally. All right, that's good. That was completely riffed. Dude, pretty good. I love that song, me too? Can that is that?
Speaker 2: Your boys got got a big boy sponsorship?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Man, we're gonna try to hook the room up. That's right.
Speaker 2: So you can see them and I'm gonna see some maybe some crocodile skin on our feet.
Speaker 1: Did they say we could get those or now.
Speaker 2: Maybe some pythons they come back and stock No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're on Stark, always on, never in stock.
Speaker 2: Great boot. I've actually got a pair. I love them, wear them all the time. Uh, just a quality boot. Everybody everybody's got takobas like I feel like I feel like in Nashville and country music people rocked Tokvis.
Speaker 1: I'm just glad that they like us enough to wauch the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, seriously, seriously, thank you appreciate y'all. And it's because of the five star ratings that Cove is even noticing this, so thanks for giving us those two guys. Keep coming, keep the rose for ratings coming.
Speaker 2: This week we got on, uh, mister Russell Dickerson tall Boy, tall Boy, West ten Boy, tall Boy, smoke deal, dear chili recipe in there?
Speaker 1: Interesting? Interesting?
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you have the time for that, because I'm a crop pot chili guy myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I feel like, uh one, No, I don't have the time for that, but to I do feel like it would add a the smoke a certain ye zest to it, that zest.
Speaker 3: A lot of zes today on the podcast, A lot of today with the old toe talk.
Speaker 1: What the toe talk there? You got your oh that kind Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, toda ain't mat sure made either. Russell Dickerson, He's great. He's awesome, stick around, great suit viral, it's gonna go viral. My favorite moment, sick little nineties country.
Speaker 3: Stay raised on raised on the church, and uh, you can tell in his voice he's got that R and V thing going for that's.
Speaker 1: Right, Dan.
Speaker 2: Uh have we been roasted, dude?
Speaker 1: We have.
Speaker 3: Indeed we have been roasted by eight these But Mike Slattery just first and last name, Mike. I don't know if he wanted that, Pops, but uh, the brothers hunt is the question is the question mark?
Speaker 1: Question mark?
Speaker 2: I can also say Mike Slattery, like her last name is that?
Speaker 1: What's a slattery?
Speaker 3: Two brothers with a band name but no band first sentence, Eh, we got a band kind of We're not like a band band, but we do a Christians all the time. For anybody that would like to hire risk guy one this weekend, holler at jumps. She'll hook it up right. The Brothers Hunt sounds like a duo that couldn't decide between being a country band or I discant YouTube survival show you it's getting better, it's getting better.
Speaker 1: It's going from here to like here.
Speaker 3: I expect them to show up in cameo claiming they live off the land, but really they're just living off Luke Comp's Wi Fi. I'll have to say, for me, that doesn't get the bank. I feel like the Luke Combs coattails is a little played. It's a little easy because here's the thing. We're absolutely doing it and it's been proven and we've admitted to it. So thank It's really not even like a like a dissy diss anymore. Yeah, but I can see where people I think people like yeah and things. You know, it just doesn't sounds like it's like a little no. I'm just saying no the good There was a roast a couple of weeks ago. I feel like where they like went in and I liked that one. Like the they say things to me, it's just kind of old news.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 3: I also want to say last week I said something about my dog and being in a tough spot. Thank you guys for praying for she crossed the Rainbow Bridge. Beautiful dog, Beautiful life with Remy. Thanks for thinking about me. It's tough. We're good, keep rolling, keep living, giving dogs the best life we can because we love dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give them, give them pieces of steak and give them you know.
Speaker 1: Thanks for free Thanks for thinking of the ones of you that did.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for following us, Thanks for subscribing, subscribing, thanks for leaving five stars.
Speaker 1: Roast us will read it. Maybe Mike Slattery appreciate y'all. Love y'all.
Speaker 2: Thanks hanging on. God's can't you with us? I don't know it was camera to look at it, so I'm looking at both of.
Speaker 1: Them at all. Three. Hold on, we're getting the Yonker about one twelve pieces and cream? Oh yeah, how old are you? Twelve? Thirty seven? Yeah? When were you born? Eighty seven? What? No?
Speaker 2: No, but like what what? What month?
Speaker 1: And what?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you'll be thirty eight May? Yep, so I'll be December and I'm thirty seven, so I'll be thirty eight in December.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah cool, damn same thing. Dude.
Speaker 2: I had a my are we going? I had a MySpace? And you remember when you could do the backdrop and the song on my space, Yeah, I had, I had, Dude, I was like, I still am. I was like five nine, five ten, thinking that I was gonna play basketball Duke and I had Duke's wallpaper on the back was dark. And then when you clicked on h when you clicked on my page, it was like, first of all that was playing fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same my mind. Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 2: You clicked on it, and I was saying like this, like in the picture, like, yeah.
Speaker 1: You were. Do you remember the old voicemails?
Speaker 4: Did ja ever do that? Have you seen that you have that song playing their back? I was, Hey, it's our digel holler back at.
Speaker 1: The figure, god ja Jack, we should have that. Mom. That'd be sick. Are they still? Nobody wouldn't know who that was. I don't know. If there's still you, you would listen to it.
Speaker 2: We got a West Tenian today, Dude, West ten. We're from West ten. We have from Tennessee river rats, dude, a little hatchie Low We're low. Yeah, we're southern. Yeah, Southern.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Over three b billion streams artists have hit songs such as boot Come and Boom Yours every little thing. I love that one, Love you like I used love you like I used to Russell Dickerson and.
Speaker 1: Guys to be here boys looking good.
Speaker 4: Fresh jeans to fresh double double wolf shirt. These are Kirkland jeans, by the way, kirk Special sign Kirk sig. Yeah on the money, Costco's kind of the jam. Honestly, I'm glad you said that because I wasn't just I wasn't gonna.
Speaker 1: Bring it up. Can we talk about it? Since you did? They look great? Thank you? Why did you do that?
Speaker 2: Facebook said, Costco? You just got the kirky sig.
Speaker 3: Well, I went for the I got the membership and then splurg Why did you do that? On my first No, I went for the minimal one, the fifty dollars one fifty a year.
Speaker 1: What's the what's the what's the splurge? Like two fifty plaid? What do you get? You get free pizzas, executive dogs. Do you get two?
Speaker 4: You get two memberships first of all, and then anything over they are tying down on there. Anything over X amount you get a refund like ship, you get a Costco check.
Speaker 3: I accidentally spent four hundred dollars in there on my first trip. You can trip into four hundred dollars in there, and she goes, I'm gonna be honest with you, sir, if this is this is your first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first time. She's like, you may if you're gonna keep spending, they're gonna try to bump you. Yeah they will, so should I or C Dude, No, you should do it. Okay, scammy Sosa up in that thing. You'll get You will get it.
Speaker 4: You'll get at least probably your membership back in a refund.
Speaker 1: Well, I better if I spend thousand dollars a time, which one do we have? Jay? Where are you talking? We spend seven hundred dollars a week there.
Speaker 4: We were in there one time and the manager came up to us and he was like, y'all y'all got the big latinum right.
Speaker 1: They were like, yeah, we're good, bro, thank you. Dude. I can't I can't not go in there and leave without a hot.
Speaker 3: Dog dudez about I mean I only went. I've only been once. And the time I was in there, Jumps was in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, your face, Timmy. It was weird. It was this quence.
Speaker 3: It was like a fever dream man. For some reason, that day it was hot. It was a million people in there. President's Day. It was crumped all right to talk.
Speaker 1: About one quick favorite Costco thing. I don't I'm I've only i've been there. Uh, Costco hot tub, inflatable salu spat.
Speaker 4: The homing nose, the homey value spot value spot. Fine, here's the here's the real brother.
Speaker 1: Is it hot? They get hot? Yeah, dude, they get the water. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So we had we had the we had the O G circular two person and it just got to the point like it like it got a little there was recall.
Speaker 1: So we took it back perfect, straight up, literally.
Speaker 4: Refunded the whole thing, took that three ninety nine, got a five hundred dollars one for you know whatever whatever.
Speaker 1: That math is basically a free.
Speaker 4: New, brand new hot tub, basically inflatable, one hundred and two degrees sitting right there.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm a hot tub. How many kids? You got? Two? Two boys? Okay, so you're limited, yes, very limited. It's very quick.
Speaker 4: Uh, but for four and a half one and a half, two boys, so you know, don't I mean, we'll do a little. Yeah, it's a little cramped for family time.
Speaker 1: It's still fun, but it's still Yeah, that's Q two. But for you, the missus, plenty of plenty of quality time. You ain't no little lass boy though now I'm not no big guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah six four Fitting in a little inflatable hot tubbies you know, poses its challenge three billions of streams and I'm setting my inflatable people.
Speaker 1: That's why are people so? I don't want to know that. But watching a hole in it? All right? R D we do.
Speaker 2: We like to start the show off with a little segment we call what You're mad at?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we do, alright, I usually play it not on today. Yeah that's a choice. What you mad? Just tell us what it is you want to do? Diggers, Oh yeah, what you're mad? Just telling us what it is? What your man?
Speaker 2: It's in the lost kid, it's my big boss man, or your neighbors cat.
Speaker 1: Just tell us what you mad? Boom, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I thought you give me a full chord on that last one, just like a like a civic horn that like he's going out.
Speaker 1: I'm mad at. I'm taking over while you think about it. I'm mad at.
Speaker 3: We just cut our guests off. I'm mad at a couple of things, and I got to get them all out. One is when you go to wash your hands and you hit the soap and that little hard thing comes out.
Speaker 1: That's this.
Speaker 2: That thing is disgusting. I know it's just hard and soap, but it's that thing's gross.
Speaker 1: I'm mad at that.
Speaker 3: Yep, I'm also mad it I flick it off. The thing that my wife doesn't towel off inside of the shower band. She gets out and then tiels off, so that all the water every time I go into the shower on the mat, there's just like it's just wet when all you.
Speaker 4: Have to do is like you do that if you do against you until you got to the shower mat. I'm mad at the shower mats because that water stays there for two and a half weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so you're saying your wife's your simple fix your it's one of those that like.
Speaker 1: It's twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Does she get out of the shower wet and step on like straight wet onto the shower.
Speaker 1: Mat, Yes, and then taels off. Okay, that's I'm mad at that. The other thing is guys, oh man, you might be this guy.
Speaker 2: This is three things. You think he's the sky so this is three things you're mad at it.
Speaker 1: Within the recent.
Speaker 3: Gym convert I've been trying to get my life back together. A lot of dudes cut the sleeves off of hoodies and wear them to the gym.
Speaker 1: Do you do that? I don't wear it to I don't wear it to the gym. But yes I do have cut off hoodie. But you got guns though, So there's a reason. More so it's more so core temp dude, like why do why did? Why do?
Speaker 4: Why do finance guys wear tech vests? You know, why do they wear vests? I have no idea, right, do you know why?
Speaker 2: I will say vest is kind of like, I mean, it's nice to listen.
Speaker 1: I'm not out the arm, I'm into vest. It just to me seems like an odd thing to do, like you would just wear just like the the Bill Belichick thing. Just yeah, iconic that core temp. Listen.
Speaker 3: I can be swayed on it. I'm just mad at it at the moment. But if you can give me a great justifiable reason why that happens.
Speaker 1: Not everything has to be just. It doesn't need to be just five.
Speaker 4: The reason it's gonna be it's there's a temperature range for the cut off hoodie. I think, okay, because you you need a little pit flow for sure, right, I get, but you still need a little you still need a little core.
Speaker 1: Not be a little nippy.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's a temper. There's a cut off on the top and the bottom. Like it could be too cold to do cut off. But if it's if it's too hot.
Speaker 1: Just take it off. Remember the remember the zip off? Yes, I do. Where's the hoodies for that? Did we just become billionaires? Think so? Oh my, nobody within the first five minutes. Dude, we just co wrote a billionaire idea. Actually, I think it was a shark. It was a two way for being honest. What I don't know what you I don't know if you had anything to do.
Speaker 2: I'm only one wearing a hoodie right now, dude, I'll cut these sleeves off right now if I could be a party.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen that before. Do you see how big it is? Looks like that. I walked this duck, dude, cool duck.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Dad was like, hey, I got you something at the n WTF ship.
Speaker 1: I was like, bro, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: He brought it out and it was on a hangar.
Speaker 1: It was huge. I'm also mad. What size is that? It's a double X.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm a large bro. He was like it's the only one they.
Speaker 1: Had, and I was like, you still bought it? You still get He's like, yeah, man, I thought you and dude.
Speaker 2: It's big, but it's super comfy and if you should, but they would still come down, it'd still be like short sleep.
Speaker 1: That's the Belichick, the one that comes down. Yeah, I'm mad. One more thing. I'm mad.
Speaker 2: Sorry making them quick. If you don't know Russell, this is the dan Is Park.
Speaker 3: My dad answers his phone on his hearing aides. Now, so you'll be like, like, be just say a sentence to me, Hey dad, Hey, now wait that works, Say say another sentence.
Speaker 2: He'd be like, Dad, have you ever have you ever been over there?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: My wif? Yeah? Man two weeks ago? Sure, uh, twenty eight dollars phones like five minutes behind.
Speaker 3: No, he's talking to he doesn't even know he's talking in his he's talking. He's having a conversation in his hearing a.
Speaker 2: Hearing aids are bluetooth now, yeah, but you can't.
Speaker 1: Even see him in his ear so he may be looking at you and going, ye, you're you're in person with your dad. You're not calling your dad. Okay, all right, I'm here my warter nano read. Oh I'm on. What's going on? Son?
Speaker 3: If you have hearing aids, answer the phone around people because they don't know what's happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are true. All right, we got, we got. We got. My wife's parents hearing aids at Costco. Same, dad's is from Costco. Same because sponsor us. It's Costco.
Speaker 2: Give me that free membership. Great for sure, you met anything though.
Speaker 4: Uh, dude, My my first thing that comes to mind is, uh, when it's like eleven pm you're on your way home and literally there's nobody like you know, some nights you're driving up on a light and it just turns red.
Speaker 1: I don't know where. That's petty. I like it. It turns red out of nowhere. Dude, that is the most And you stop why and those you stop and those just in case there's a cop tucked right around that corner. Yep, you stop every time. Yeah, it goes on for like four minutes.
Speaker 2: It's never I think there's probably somebody like just like bored.
Speaker 1: We got, we got ready, and look at this there had been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I'm mad at cutting my toenails with clippers, just mad at it. I wish I'd never had to do it again in my life, because I always you do, never do it in your well, that's what I'm saying. I don't won't do it until I have to, And it's like snagging on the sheets and socks and stuff. And then I try to clip it too close because I'm trying to get it.
Speaker 1: I never want to do it again. You're too far, you're too far behind, and then I end up clipping too short for three days. There's like I have six toes that are her six toes on one foot.
Speaker 2: I've got twelve toes total, but I got six, my six on one side of her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cut them too close. You know.
Speaker 3: If you know, if you just have a regular routine that won't happen, it's because you let them taleling out.
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's some reason. I feel like I did, and I enjoyed it more than I way more than I thought I would.
Speaker 1: Aw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, vulnerable moment here Jordan was gone.
Speaker 1: Got ago because I don't like my totel so much. Dude. It was those times I never go myself.
Speaker 2: I'm pay I'm gonna go pay thirty bucks and I'm gonna get my toes cut.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna have a glass of peanot Gresia. What is it that happened that happened a few months ago? Did Georgia? You're just not finding out about this, sus Are you? Are you turned on? Or are you discouraged? Are you disappointed? Yeah? About I'm talking about dude, West ten Union City, Uh.
Speaker 4: The furthest Northwest County until today, fifteen minutes from Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Okay, what high school? Well, I moved there.
Speaker 4: I moved away when I was ten, So that was I did fifth grade here, started fifth grade here.
Speaker 1: Naturally frank Town.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's close to Dyersburg right over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, nothing, but it's Bysburg, good Year, Goodyear Factory and cornfields. Do you duck? There's a lot of duck guys.
Speaker 4: I mean I was ten the first time I first time I went duck hunting was with my girlfriend, probably eight years old and my granny.
Speaker 1: You had a girlfriend when you were eight? Yeah, you know how young that is? I mean, like that's super young. Yeah, but it's like, you know, your parents let you date when you were eight? Wait not only day? Yeah, like date out tod Okay, I was just I was. I was dating her for the duck blind dude. Okay, so I knew that her dad was a duck hunter. Anything else to date for it? So my granny had a four ten? I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know nothing about duck hunt at this point. Obviously I still don't to this day.
Speaker 1: He's saying, right now when you're eight, No, yeah, I told you last week. So like, my granny's got a four to ten, Can I bring that? And they're like, no, you know, you don't whatever.
Speaker 4: And I was like, I bring my sling shot and they were like, you know what, Yeah, my first time duck in my sling shot in my beaki.
Speaker 3: I was still in diapers by the way, Okay, that's awesome, dude, that's hilarious. That's the best duckdunt story I've ever had on the show.
Speaker 1: No doubt, man, ain't no doubt. Russell Diggerson dating an eight year old at eight years as Yes, context, dude, everything is in everything is content. I did see a video of you smoking some deer chili. Yeah. Wait, how do you smoke chili? Boom? Here's the guy to ask some dude on Instagram. Bro, you saw him? Yeah, So so how'd you get your dear from the freezer? Yeah? You shoot one? Yeah? When I shot one this Thanksgiving? Where do you do you hunt at West Tennessee.
Speaker 4: My family's got farm out there present West Tennessee West spot pretty much right right by the this more Hatchie River probab about duck hunting.
Speaker 1: Dad killer. Yeah, but yeah, solid seven point I shot at seven point this year. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Then just ground it up except for the backstrap. And then so the recipe big old you just make a chili and then you put it in the trigger for like you could do as long as you want.
Speaker 3: That day you're smoking. After the chili is done, you're putting it in a cast iron or something, and then just put it on the trigger.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It smoked it for however, for three days a year and a half. Dude, Yeah, dude, after a year I smoked. I smoked the actual log first, like the ground Yeah. Oh oh okay gas.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Are you are you a bean chili guy? No beans? Yeah? My wife snow beans. No beans.
Speaker 4: Are you spicy or mildy, not too much kids, too spicy. Yeah, yeah, you do a lot of deer meat. No, I mean that's more like the you were in the spirit, you know. Oh yeah, sure, but I mean, yeah, we got it.
Speaker 1: That just my wife doesn't need dear me anymore. Man, it sucks why we had this. I probably told this story, but we I was making tacos. I would always she was also pregnant, so like a lot of things, you know, you guys know, and I had killed this old.
Speaker 2: What a risk we run when your wife's pregnant is eating anything that she has a reversion to or a version whatever it's called.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Or a reversion version sounds like publish, let's get your version, claus get back.
Speaker 2: Uh, but a version, yeah, you run the risk of them never wanting to eat that thing again.
Speaker 3: I shot an old mule deer in South Dakota, like real old. He was sagey and just nasty. Man, he was nasty.
Speaker 1: I can't believe he fed your wife.
Speaker 3: I didn't. That's the whole point. I had was like, Okay, well I'll just cook some of this for me. I'd made some like you know, tortilla kind of stre with the with the meat and I had it sitting on a plate, and then I was doing the ground Kentucky doe, which tastes amazing, and that's what she had been eating, you know. And so she just walked by and just popped one of those meal deer little guys, and she was like, started crying. She started crying, threw up and yelled at me all in like she was at the same time mega pregnant. Yeah, And I was like, well, that's it for that, and it has been. She won't she won't even touch it. I can't even cook it. I have to wait till she's out of town to like, yeah, but we'll get her back.
Speaker 2: Last thing to give your wife when she's pregnant as an eight year old antelope last time.
Speaker 1: That's a terrible idea, terrible call on your part. It was deer. But yeah, same thing. Yeah, we might as well be might as well be.
Speaker 2: Uh, your two boys. There's a quote in your bile that says, I still get that red neck blood in me. Uh, I still have some big wheels and some back roads. Do you did Do you remember saying that.
Speaker 1: It's in the bio, right, it's the bio's be true. I want to check your are you trying.
Speaker 2: To with your with your two boys coming up like you trying to instill in them like a love for outdoors?
Speaker 4: Thousand we So I took Remington this last time. That was given because I didn't shoot him with I didn't shoot it with him, but I shook.
Speaker 1: Him with it. I didn't shoot him with it. That's good.
Speaker 4: Tomington where m deer hunting for the first time. We didn't see anything, but you know it just yeah, it was amazing.
Speaker 1: He's five years old. Yeah, almost my daughter's too.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna obviously not gonna go out there and shoot some with her. But you took lives on when she was really young.
Speaker 1: I didn't even take it. We didn't take it.
Speaker 2: I think this year I want to get I think I want to get Griffin out. Just in the blinding and washing the gear.
Speaker 4: I was like, I probably won't shoot because like we were in like like the cast plastic, you know, so you know, and just like probably won't do that.
Speaker 2: I was thinking I might take my bow just in case, you know, just in case something crazy, because she won't be scared of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're in a blind and get that done. Yeah, I think that may be the first step crossbow or something with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know I said this last week, but my my daughter's five as well, and she said, uh, I think I want to shoot a turkey with this year this year. Asked, oh what okay, awesome, we'll make it happen.
Speaker 3: I said, what do you like? What gun you will use? She was like your cross gun? She caught it a cross gun and I was like, hell, yeah, it's real cute. You can use that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you took it with What did you see anything? You've seen? Nothing? Nothing?
Speaker 4: No, it was an afternoon hunt. We had just got into town seeing all the family and everything, the family that has a farm, and I.
Speaker 1: Mean it was kind of rush. We were a little late and I had to go get him camo and orange and everything. So you know, we're but we didn't get it. We member there for maybe two hours. Do you get much time to hunt? You're probably business? Not really. How many days do you play a year playing shows? Have you shows? Last year? We did about a little over one hundred. That's a lot, dude, Yeah, that's a lot. Somewhere around one hundred. Was he into it? Like? Was he is he like, do you know watch the birth? Yeah, And like I was like, I'm not gonna tell him to be quiet. I was just like, you know, I got it.
Speaker 4: We gotta look, you know, keep looking. And it was it was honestly the perfect amount of time. Yeah, you know, a little late getting in the stand.
Speaker 1: And every hours. Yeah, yeah you take snacks. No really, I don't think that. Maybe I did. I don't know. Yeah, a couple couple of quire. Yeah, we were coming in hot.
Speaker 4: So I was just like trying, this came all right, let's come into the stand. Should be quiet, all right, look around, you know what I mean. I just felt really kind of hectic. So I want to Yeah, I want to get him back.
Speaker 2: Out there due some of my I mean like earliest memories I ever I have of being in the woods. And I'm sure Dad probably took a two seventy year of thirty oh six when we were young, but yeah, sitting with the blind or sitting in the trees, name with my dad, you know, and I always, like I remember, I would wake up false all the time and wake up and he'd be like, oh man, he's like the giraffe.
Speaker 1: Won't buy what I missed. It again, you'd be like a line, you know what's right? I was like, dang, dad, Dan shoot it. He's like, no, man, I don't remember him just lying about that, but he might half he did. Ye are y'all brothers? Who's older? Yeah? We are? But who's older? You're older? No, he's older four years? Four years. It's been real. God, No, I appreciate you. Listen, you complimented one of us while putting the other one. I'm impressed you didn't know whe're brothers. That's Do you have any idea who we are at all? It's okay if you don't. What do you mean that we're we're kind of a big deal.
Speaker 3: We are the kind of a small deal. But we write songs, been in town forever. Yeah, I didn't know if you do. That's crazy. You know who we are, that's what. Yeah, this came across a little tough. I mean, obviously we know who you are. Y'all are tough.
Speaker 1: Y'all are tough. Y'all are a definition of tough. I mean, look at me, look at your bear. Have you ever heard with a dug on it? Dude?
Speaker 3: In the same episode that read admitting to get a pedicure by himself.
Speaker 1: You said we were tough. We were not tough.
Speaker 2: That's being tough, right, exactly, secure masculinity. And Bro walked in with sweatpants and sweatshirt and you know crocs on.
Speaker 1: You can't get a pedicure in jeans. You can't. I mean, if you want that full calf massage, you get a calf massage. Bro, I went to the wrong place. They put this orange stuff on it. Oh they do, yeah, yep, yep. Gross.
Speaker 2: Hey here's a little fun thing I thought we could do today.
Speaker 1: Have you ever watched a loan? Dude? Yes?
Speaker 2: Which ones? All of them are just uh.
Speaker 1: Rolling, rolling the legend. I've only seen one just finished. They just started or they just finished Australia And like that was kind of the wasn't that good? Wasn't that great? Yeah? No, I mean we I literally we didn't watch it. I was like, but last night it's like, baby, let's watch alone. That's so funny.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, like it is my first go at it. NaN's been a found for a while. Uh but dude, I couldn't. It's a lot of the same thing. It's a lot of you know, just trying to figure.
Speaker 1: It out and find food.
Speaker 4: A lot of berries, A lot of berries, a lot of a lot of a lot of root like like roots stalks.
Speaker 1: There's a bird that like everybody when they're up north. Yeah, it's the it's that, uh, notman, the grouse. The grouse. Yeah, lets kill the well.
Speaker 2: All right, let's talk about this. What ten items? Let's ask collectively, let's think of the best ten items you could possibly take.
Speaker 1: I feel like they allowed. I feel like they allow that my fire started and don't count it in the ten item list. Is that true or not? I think it's right. Maybe. Yeah, So just assume that you get a fire starter.
Speaker 2: Just go around and let's each we're not let's don't talk about it. We're just gonna each pick an item, and then we'll get mad at somebody for taking up a spot for picking like a bad idom.
Speaker 4: Bring a house first of all, the trailer minimum airstream Yeah, first and foremost. Okay, so advantage. So do we have an air so that means we have anything we want? No, Now, I'll take my family and I'll take us survival.
Speaker 3: Let's just say we've got we got an airstream out there. Yes we do, Yes, we do, yes, we do. Yeah, that's the that's the game. You said we could take any tens, he said, no, I'm talking about the show alone. I think it's a great idea. I'm taking a generator.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm bringing the plasma, A plasma seventy h Well, i'll bring an Xbox.
Speaker 1: That's five.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna bring because I'm thinking this through, one hundred gallons of diesel to run the generator.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I'll bring I'll bring a I'll bring a Viking industrial fridge to keep our that's seven.
Speaker 4: I think that's a waste. That's a little extreme. Costco food for the Viking fridge A little extreme.
Speaker 1: That's a big one. We're trying to stay out there. How are you going to fit that in the airstream? First of all, put a generator? Well, we wasted one on the three. We got one pick left apiece. Mmm, what was so?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Now we're in an airstream with a rocking dude. I'm gonna bring a fatted calf.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna bring a cow, one cow a year, Biblical reference, calf kill, the fat sacrifice.
Speaker 1: When do we make that decision? First day, we have two autumns. Left. Uh, this went way wrong left? Uh? Can we get a recap with these items? Sit?
Speaker 6: We got an airstream, airstream generator, plasma, xbox, one hundred gallons of a fridge. We have too hottoms left me. There's gonna kill us, hate us, dude. This would be the best show. This would be the best episode.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of something I cannot live without, just to rate the disposable razors count because I have to have that. If I don't shave my neck, I'll fight my out house.
Speaker 1: Broh. But you have items in the house, that's true. You're like, you're up last autumn.
Speaker 3: I'm bringing my pillow screw up, annoying ass pillow bringer.
Speaker 1: He brings it. It doesn't matter if it's this is two hours, another thing like the pedicure.
Speaker 2: Bro Sometimes on trips, I just put my pillow in a bag and that's the bag is a pillow bag.
Speaker 1: Do you do you pull out the pillow on the airplane. No, it's huge. It's like one of those like a big body pillow, some bamboo bullsh QBC. One time it's chunky inside, it's like memory cold. It stays cold.
Speaker 2: This jam dude, I mean you say it stays cold.
Speaker 1: Purple purple pillows, purple mattresses. Yeah, really yeah, crazy cool her pool things. That's right. Hey, I came up with a game too.
Speaker 3: I came up with a game two, and it's called are you still having air stream alone segments?
Speaker 4: This is, by the way, we got to kill this cow with our hands now or a disposable race.
Speaker 1: Maybe we could a disposable race. It just kind of slid it all right. Fatted calf though, didn't go for like grass fed straight fatted calf out of the old test and angus heifer. I like fat a cav way better.
Speaker 3: So we try to come up with like games, the things that correlate with the music you made. And something that I found really interesting about the three of us. I don't know if you still have it. You still have your blue tacoma or no, no, dang, did.
Speaker 1: You ever have it? I never had one? What'd you have? It's all a farce, is it? Yeah? Tell us about it? Well?
Speaker 4: Write in the song Parker Parker Welling and read it with Parker and Casey Brown. I think she had like great tacoma or something. My idea because one of it like her ex boyfriend, you know, and all the memories they made and they're great to coma whatever.
Speaker 1: I was like, that just doesn't sound cool, you know, like.
Speaker 3: Red or blue? And when I started blue, I'm thinking that electric blue. Yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 4: And I think that's why it just like came out, because like that's like blue Chacma's cool. Like it's just like a it's like a staple of It's not the coolest truck, but but it's you remember you remember that truck.
Speaker 1: It's like the number one selling little mid side you know. I mean I got one. I see it everywhere. Reid has one. Yeah, Park, So what do you what are you driving? Now? What are you driving? Out?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Chevy guy? Now, okay, so we can we can work that. So so does read? So what is the game is? What's in the back of your do it? What's in the back.
Speaker 3: Back back coma some molded ratchet straps and trash. Yeah, probably can't see. So what's in the back of your great Tacoma?
Speaker 1: Right now? Right now? Right now? Oh god, we each have I have an six, he has an O five, and then we don't drive him.
Speaker 2: First of all, Now, Tacomas yeah, not Tacoma. For my Tacoma's is O five Great Tacoma. It is my four wheeler now, like pretty much like I have a four wheeler, but I drive this thing in the woods way more than.
Speaker 1: Mine's my family four wheel Like I can pass side by side.
Speaker 2: My wife doesn't like that, I said. She's like, I thought we were getting I was like, no, that's our side by side.
Speaker 1: She doesn't like that.
Speaker 2: In the back of my Tacoma right now is probably some trash, probably some dirty dippers.
Speaker 1: It's my trash truck.
Speaker 2: The muffler fell off, like from the exhaust, like the exhaust where it connects underneath all the way, even the curve. That whole thing fell off one day in the parking lot. In the parking lot, like Joey came in at fifty eight and he's like, hey, something's hanging down from your truck.
Speaker 1: And I went back there, just the exhaust pipe and I was like, just rested off and.
Speaker 2: Through in the back that's back there, the the uh the engine cover that little that says like SITCOMBA V six or whatever, that's in the back because the screws are stripped out of it. Yeah, and there's also a bunch of uh this is gross, but there's a bunch of like bloated dead maggots from some rice brand that sat back there and molded nice and got rained on. It's still in there, still in there because you can't let down my tailgate. Because here's another story. By my Tacoma. I get in a hurry when I'm like, especially if I'm doing hunting stuff, like if I'm trying to get food plots in or trying to get.
Speaker 3: He's also real, he's the guy if something, if he gets in a hurry about something like, some stuff's gonna get forgotten, overlooked, overlooked. Yeah, not a great attention to detail kind of god.
Speaker 2: But it's gonna get done. It's gonna get done. Job, it's gonna get done. It might be a few think some things will get undone to you know, like a few casualties will happen.
Speaker 1: Not people, but maybe tailgates.
Speaker 2: For instance, ye brand, we were I was driving back from the farm coming back to uh got just the party has loud of that cause she knows how gross it smells. If you want by my to coma no wonder she wants get back to the farm. I'm I'm gonna let my foiler off of the trailer. So I ratchet had it ratchet strapped to the front of the trailer. So when you ratchet strap, you know things to trailers. You got that tail, You got that that tag that just kind of hangs left over, left over strap. Well, I usually tie it to something. This time it came undone and it was flapping in the wind.
Speaker 1: While I was driving. I saw it.
Speaker 2: What I didn't know is that it wrapped around the uh, the accelerator on my fourh and cable, not around the thumb, but around the cable. And so I have a tilt trailer.
Speaker 1: That's like final destination.
Speaker 2: So I've got a I've got an automatic, so there's no like gears. It's all I keep it in, you know, high or whatever. And I was letting my further off the trailer to the side. I was gonna I wasn't on it. I was gonna just let it off the side.
Speaker 1: This is after you've reached your destination.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm taking my trailer off the or taking my fear off the trailer. Fourther starts to roll back when it hits the bottom, and just when the trailer tilts like this, that strap tightens around that trottle cable.
Speaker 1: Bro it goes.
Speaker 2: And just flies and take like like ramps off of my trailer into the back of my tacoma. Like I've got brush guard on it. It's a it's a five hundred Sportsman Polaris. It's going wheels is like this, hits in the back of my tacomba crawls up into the bat into the truck bed and I'm just like this it's at the time it flips over the side of the back of my tacoma, hits the ground, it starts going.
Speaker 1: Like spinning. Yeah, And I was like, I mean, dude, my tailgate.
Speaker 2: Now, that's why you can't let the tailgates crushed in.
Speaker 1: I mean, I haven't had it fixed. So that's that's awesome.
Speaker 2: So a fourler that is raging Fomiller is also in the back of my at one point in time, in the back.
Speaker 1: Of that story time was phenomenal. I don't think I have anything. I haven't heard.
Speaker 4: Anything that great here Chevy right now, dude, just I think a box of some merch somebody sent me.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: Somebody sent you in the bed. Do you get a bunch of merch sent you to you. Yeah, hey make you wear this? Yeah, yeah, you donate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah I need No, you don't wear all of it. You wear everything. You get everything, dude, and I rap everything you dude for free.
Speaker 2: Somebody send you that wolf shirt. No, it's tough, that's me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was funny.
Speaker 4: Is like it's actually like I think it's a Harley Dealership shirt on the back, but like on the front, they're like, Noah, dude, I just want to put three wolves on there.
Speaker 1: That's hard, it is. It doesn't like wolves, dude, Sorry, two wolves.
Speaker 3: I love a wolf man. Yeah, I mean I love looking at one on shirt. What's in the back of your truck? Oh, you probably find a mine's black and it's not trashed. Mine's actually a decent run in six. It does have two hundred and eighty thousand.
Speaker 1: Miles there, but maybe I got three forty.
Speaker 3: Oh my dog mine runs and the four whe drive works and the AC and there's not dead Larva in the back of it. But there might I know there's a completely ripped out trailer tire been in there for at least a year. You'll probably find like a t T dipper in there.
Speaker 1: Probably all right if we don't talk about music though.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: Who? Who got you into it? Man? How'd you? How'd you love it? Or do you love it?
Speaker 4: Very musical family. My my dad was the music minister at church since the day I was born. Peak So then my mom played piano at church for the choir that my dad was directing. So I'm at church every Sunday morning day. Oh yeah, kids choir everything, same. Wait, we did we did a song with with with Scotti.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Let's let's go, let's let's go.
Speaker 3: What was your So when you think back, do you have like the one like Read's song that he's taking the special of that the church?
Speaker 1: I can only imagine what was yours? When you've already done that. My dad always had me sing give me Jesus in the morning, when IRA in the morning, when I in the morning, when I give me give Mesus meig you can have all these Yeah, you sing sorry, that's that's a nast Yeah, what's what's we did? We sang opened the eyes of my Heart, Little Scotty.
Speaker 4: I did a little rendition of that. It's called open the Door of my Truck Girl, Opening door mychrum. Girl opening the door on the matra.
Speaker 1: I won't want to see sitting on my right. I won't want to see this looks like.
Speaker 5: Cuz I got leaved up high in all over my body. I won'tt to see you climb up. So we can get moody, moody.
Speaker 1: Open, Macha girl open. You gotta put your hands down, yes, sorry, the heart's still behind it.
Speaker 3: The heart. I can't decide if that's sacriligious or not either. Why it sounded good, just interpolation.
Speaker 1: You can't put your hands up.
Speaker 3: You can't praise why you, dude, I can praise the Lord praising why you raising.
Speaker 1: Praised up?
Speaker 2: While you raised up, you praised up raising. So that's how you cut your teeth in the.
Speaker 1: Church, raising church every day. And then yeah, piano lessons.
Speaker 4: And then I picked up a guitar around like sixteen, led worship for my youth group from like whatever seventh grade that is to all the way through high school. So that was like the foundation really was like worship music and exact same. In the meantime on non church days was Lil Wayne, Jagged Edge, Red Hot Chili Peppers, blank one.
Speaker 1: A two, Yeah, the whole gam Yeah. Literally everything. I could tell immediately when you walked in that you were an R and B baby. Immediately.
Speaker 3: I can tell even by the like the tone and inflection of the movement, your voice. That guy knows who otis reading?
Speaker 1: Is? You know? Wow, nod you could just tell.
Speaker 4: I think could I do a run when I think when you said our diesel, I was like, oh, what's up? And I call myself our dizzel when I walked in?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, oh wow, it happened pretty closely, and I think you kind of singur diesel and the dizzel for something.
Speaker 1: Have no idea who y'all are? Are y'all brothers? Dude? I'm sorry, I kid here? Why am I? What time? Is this? Is this really worth? I would not have done this if I have known what's the her on investment with this? Oh there is not anything.
Speaker 2: There's some boots maybe, yeah, can we say that, you know, shout out to coach. We'll be talking about that later on board. Uh so, where did the see he moved to Nashville? When did you break up with your girlfriend when you were eight?
Speaker 1: Dude? Actually, I guess we're technically still together. Never broke up with her. You went duck hunting, have been together ever since? I've been cheating on for a long time. I guess a s L mant. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Oh, you don't have to say you cut it. She doesn't listen Turkey Goblin. Maybe her dad does, though probably away.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Duck hunters probably hate us. We never talked about ducks that much, just because we didn't grow up doing it. And we're talking about repping deer mostly turkey. I've never turkey hunted, I know. Oh yeah, okay. Playing a bazillion dates though on the russell Mania tours Andresmania.
Speaker 1: That's a smart you. Are you a wrestling guy? Yeah? Really yeah, I mean not like huge. I know it's fake. What what what it's fake? No? What's fake?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Santa Claus is real?
Speaker 1: For sure? Oh? I thought we were talking about this Santa Claus. Well, yeah, so you're you're an old school wrestled guy like we are, Like, yeah, hu again, Randy Savage, you guys stinged older the Raptors. Goldberg was undefeated for like eight years.
Speaker 2: You know remember when he came out, like when he was like came it's like the new kid.
Speaker 1: No, like the new kid. Maybe I don't care. Maybe it's fine if he did, let's go viral. Russell got a problem with it. I have so much fun editing this. Yeah, for sure, it's so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, I mean I keep on thinking about us being the same age do we used to have Like we would have birthday parties, would be wrestling place And I remember I got to I was late to my buddy Cody's birthday party one time, and I showed up and they were like, hey man, they're like birthday parties called off.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: I was like, what, We're supposed to watch the cage match, you know, And they were like, Cody got mad because Eddie Guerrero lost in the first match and start broke broke something. He got r I p I was he had to go to his grandmother's house and it was his I was like, dang, man, by the time Cody popped out of this like thing and like just kidding, Eddie Gral hadn't even fought yet. What started wrestling jumping off ladders?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I remember like growing like buying pay per views for that. Yeah, like yeah, that's kind of crazy. How much were they back then? Like ten bucks? No, I feel like they were like were they then? I mean for like a WrestleMania Yeah you know what I mean. Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: They were as big as as like a like a title bout boxing match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stupid ass Jake Paul fight. They're fighting each other. Who is the brothers? No way? Yeah, that's the thing I think. So it's on YouTube.
Speaker 3: I think if y'all buy, If y'all buy that, I'll personally come to your house and fight you.
Speaker 1: It's time we stop feet it on Netflix though, Tyson it was Yeah, I thought you had to buy.
Speaker 2: No, I mean you had to buy Netflix if you wanted to watch it.
Speaker 1: But if you had Netflix to watch it, I'm so done with those man. I want them to I want them to go away, man. Yeah, I mean yeah, are you gonna would you buy it? You buy? Thank you? Man? I would watch a highlight the next morning.
Speaker 2: It pisses me off that and we've talked about this, but it pisses me off that, like that's the big fight now, like it's not Tyson holy Field, it's not like.
Speaker 1: To two actually going at it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feels like everything has just turned into like fake entertainment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean, like, who can who can get the most fake hype going around to fight and not totally you know.
Speaker 1: I kind of feel like that's everything though, who can the biggest people watching it?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the thing I don't understan? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then I made this analogy the other day about about the Grammys. But it's like, once you understand that it's entertainment, you can't be mad about it being entertained. That's like me, that's like being mad at Jurassic Park for the dinosaurs not looking real.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? I thought that those are real.
Speaker 2: Those aren't real. Then I thought they were after dinosaurs.
Speaker 1: I hate this podcast. I thought they paid them really good for that role.
Speaker 2: I can't pay attention to it. We got way too much. Adhd Roll and the three of us go back to the WrestleMania tour. Where are you going?
Speaker 1: Who you going with? Dude?
Speaker 4: We're going kicking off in Nashville, Nashville, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Chicago, Denver, Salt Lake, a bunch of other places in between.
Speaker 1: How do you How do you feel about the road? You love it? I love the road, really, I love the road. Kids and wife with the cribs. See later, I'm out.
Speaker 4: Well, we travel a lot together, like we we really waited to have a family and till we could tour together. So for the first three year two three years, really we just threw remy on the bus and wife was with us.
Speaker 1: It's great, great, they sleep good on it. It's just like normalmalized.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know it's there's we don't sleep that good. But I mean the kids, bro, they're just you zip them in, they're out.
Speaker 1: What are you zipping them in? Like like a bunk, like a bottom bump you just like see you in the morning. Zip yep, zip zip tie, zip tie the hands behind your two zippers together zip time feet and hands air.
Speaker 3: So I've always wanted as like a road kid, like do they what's consistent about it?
Speaker 4: You know, zero, nothing, nothing really the only thing consistent is what we bring on our bus, okay, which is what like you know, scooters like this said, we got the same snacks and you know what I mean, like that kind of thing. But yeah, like a bike, a little inflatable bouncy house off Amazon, but sometimes you can't you don't even have a place to set that up.
Speaker 1: So it's like some days you do, some days you don't. You just figure it out.
Speaker 4: And that's and my wife is so good about that too, because she grew up five older brothers by the way, wow crazy, so they would they did like travel soccer, So it was her and five Thank you dudes, you ban traveling across the country. So when she hopped in our van back in the day, it was like, felt right at home.
Speaker 1: This is nice. Yeah. See, I respect that, man.
Speaker 2: I respect the I respect the like parenting on the road, taking them out there with you and and doing both living those both worlds in one world.
Speaker 4: It makes it so much more sustainable for me personally because like you know, ninety ninety days, Hunter Show, whatever, that's it, I'm gonna I would start resenting resent team going out there, going on the road.
Speaker 1: A million, you know what I mean? Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: I mean you think about it, and and and for the listener, I mean, we all know this because we're inside, believe it or not, whether you know it or not, we're actually inside this business.
Speaker 1: Do you know who we are? Yeah? So you Warren brothers, they're brothers, yeah, which one's older.
Speaker 3: Uh So The interesting thing about that to me is like it I don't see how anyone you said sustainable and that makes a lot of sense to me, Like because we're family driven folks.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you are too.
Speaker 3: And it's like I would rather have them out here and just figure it out as we roll than for them them, for them to be consistent at home and not have me or you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like Roomy's almost five now, so that's that little season is coming to an end.
Speaker 1: So will school change that, school change that or not?
Speaker 4: I think so until we get because I mean we're just we're two buses in a semi right now, so it's like I gotta bring I gotta bring people over my bus now. So it's like it's like a little growing season. So until we get like three buses, four busts, you know what I mean. So my wife is still gonna come out, so we're gonna have childcare with the kids at home so they have a little more consistent It's.
Speaker 1: Super cheap, by the way, Yeah, you love it, totally did just a full salary. What's that? What else are you doing in twenty five? Twenty five? New music?
Speaker 4: Yes, tons, I feel like that's all been doing is recording Bones is great. By the way, Thank you love this Bones happened to me great, Yeah, so happened to me, came out three days four, four days ago.
Speaker 1: Whatever, just dropped. Uh, super stoked on that.
Speaker 2: So that's not your single though, Bones is correct.
Speaker 1: Bones is a single at radio right now. So how do you How are you artist doing that these days? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just I got to the point where I don't care anymore. It's like, I just sounds smashy, like put it out, put it, We'll figure it out and then if like if Bones is like kind of tapering off and then we do switch it whatever, like, But I really, I really hope Bones does the business.
Speaker 1: Love that song. The hook's great, man, thank you, the way that you'll chase my girl all that.
Speaker 2: Do you do you like to set apart a month or two where you're in town you're writing songs or is it kind of just an ongoing thing?
Speaker 4: Because for my entire career it was ongoing everything like right and on the road while we're you know, while we're full touring, and then any day I'm home hoping the studio just to put vocals down and have no not really have my hands on any of the music part it's just like, this is what it is, you know, just put it out. And my first record was so not that because I had nothing going on, you know, like we had yours and I mean I had the songs, massive deal. That song was massive, by the way, yours. Yeah that's good, thank you.
Speaker 1: That was the wedding one too, right, yeah, yes, yeah, so this is pre I mean we were sitting on yours and actually, I mean actually and Blue Tacoma and every little thing on this little EP. No record deal, no nothing really and yeah you didn't even have a record deal. You've written this. Geez, every little every little that's that.
Speaker 3: There's guys that can't do that, dude, I know that's natural to you. Okay, that's loud, that's that.
Speaker 1: That is that R and B thing, man, and I I just assumed everyone could do that. There, you can do it too. Yeah, we're we were raised in right, it's all you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, but there are folks out there that cannot that can't do that syncopated rhythm thing. You start to beat box immediately we do that. It's like it's kind of it's either natural to you or it ain't.
Speaker 1: Bright. Yeah, so what happens with those tunes you have them sitting there on the EP. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, like just from the process of making a record, I got to play a most instruments, you know, I got to play a ton the guitars. I got to really you know, me and Casey made this record, my first one, and it was just so I mean, we had neither of us had anything. This was that was his first single, first country single, My first country single, Parker's first country single, first number one together yours. Yeah, and so you know, we're all coming up together all the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And that's the thing that's like.
Speaker 2: You're not really in that moment, probably going oh, I mean, you're trying to make it hiddy, but you're not going, hey, this is the this is the boxes we got to check to get this to get number one, Right, Like when I listen to your tunes, man, it like and listen to you sing and and and I know your character and all that stuff, but like it sounds fun. It sounds like you love it. It sounds like you enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And when I see video of videos of you playing on stage and doing jumping around, and it really does.
Speaker 1: Like it's hard not to like it because it looks like you love it so much. I do. Do you still? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I've been through phases where I don't or not as much, and I feel like this year, this new cycle, this new music, I've gotten back to making a record like that, and I'm like, I'm so pumped. Like happened to me, you know what I mean, Yeah, like in the studio, I think, but they just posted or something. I was like, don't do any of this in the box bs, like we're not being safe, We're not doing this, you know, commercial whatever, Like we're gonna go hard, we're gonna send it, And like, I think that's why it happened to me. He's working right now, and you know it's like just get a little rambunctious step outside and like.
Speaker 1: Get a little go for Yeah, it feels great. That tune feels great.
Speaker 3: And I mean that's another you lay on the on the old twisty turney hooks, which which are good. He's like, I mean, that's that's that's traditional kind of too. You know you inspired by some of that stuff, that old stuff, absolutely.
Speaker 4: I mean that's that's like somebody said that they were like even in the chorus where it's like girls just want to have fun and then the next line is boys, I'm in trouble now. And somebody pointed that out. She's a writer, and she was like, okay, I see you with the I was like, yeah, like there's still country, you know, heart behind these lyrics, and the method of writing is absolutely you know, even though it's not the countriest song in the world, it's not that country at all, honestly, but the way it's written is still country. Yeah, and like even with bones, you know, the flip on the for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, man.
Speaker 3: I was I just like Apple music to you this morning on the way in and that was the first one, And was taking my daughter to school and she uh likes Ella Langley Laney and that's it. She don't like no nother dudes, no nothing. I was like, hey, man, can we bump this to see She was like, why, Daddy. I was like, he's coming on the show today. I said, I haven't heard this one, and she said yeah, And I played it and I can always tell she was in the Mexican.
Speaker 1: She didn't want to like it, she's liking it.
Speaker 3: We got we got closer to the school and it went off and she was like, Daddy, can we hear that boy again?
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, we had to play it twice man. Yeah, she loved it because that's the demographic. You know, it's five year olds. Right. Where do you uh? Where do you see yourself? Man?
Speaker 2: In five years? What do you want to happen in your career? What's what's a what's a what's a what's the climax of your career for you?
Speaker 1: Man? Or? Are you in it? No? I you got it?
Speaker 4: I am living my dream right now. I want to say that first. But I want to be doing this on a bigger scale.
Speaker 1: Same thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, I love writing songs, I love performing, I love touring, I love making music. That's the only thing I've ever wanted to do. I just keep going and be doing the same thing on a bigger scale.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah, do you feel like you feel like you're exactly where you're supposed to be?
Speaker 4: I feel like I feel like I could be a little further along at this point. Well just personally, we all feel because I mean I feel like I hit the road in like twenty eleven. Yeah, really straight out of you've been dogged? Yeah, you know what I mean? So fourteen years. I mean, you know what I'm saying, Like, I totally I could be it could be a little further along, it feels like to me. But I don't want that to sound ungrateful.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think it does.
Speaker 2: I still feel like when somebody like like Russell Dickerson is doing this, you know what I'm saying, Like it feels like that around town, like like like kind of what you're saying is like you haven't you haven't reached this up here, but but I don't.
Speaker 1: You're on your way, dude.
Speaker 3: It also doesn't feel like anything's ever planed. It feels like it's just been a stay up. And truthfully, I mean when you look at most things that have that longevity, like you talking about, it's the slow climb man that gets it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think that's just so anti my personality. It's what God is doing in my life. Not to get too spiritual, but is like, it's so anti my personality, my flesh if you will to because I'm like.
Speaker 1: Let's go now. I want to go hard.
Speaker 4: I want to go all the way, hot, fast fire, you know, And my career has been so opposite of that. It's literally just one tiny step, bread crumb, keep going, one more step, one more encouraging little thing just happened, and you know, yeah, it's just that guy. I feel like that's been my story and there hadn't been this huge pot I guess, you know, coming out of the gate as like having a first real radio single that was kind of a you know, we popped on fairly quickly. But other than that, you know, it's been just one more little step, keep going, one more little Oh. Yeah, that's encouraging. I'm gonna keep going. And yeah, I mean, there's nothing else I'd rather do, so I don't know what else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it feels like to me, if if those never came again, you still do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right. You know.
Speaker 3: I remember I met with a guy one time. I was real frustrated in my writing career, and I was just like, man, I feel like I'm just going as hard as I can go and nothing's paying back. And at this point nothing had paid back. And he said to me something I'll keep in my brain forever. It was like, well, maybe God is allowing this to happen because you're not necessarily at the spot where you could handle, like handle it at the moment, and at the time that pissed me off because I was like, no, I could totally handle fifty's right now, you know what I mean, Like I know exactly what I do. But now after having some stuff, it's like he was totally right, and that's exactly what was happening. It was it was timing, you know, And and luckily for me, I get to go. Yeah, when that hit, I put it towards land. I put it towards my family. I put it towards you know, a place for them to live. And I took care of some things that looking back now are the most important things in the world. Where if I had a head at twenty two, I just spend it on a boat brouh.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, same dude that my wife tells me that from perspective all the Time's like, well, you have to because y'all are a bunch of competitive something.
Speaker 3: We're all a bunch of competitive some guns and we want to go and we're sports driven, and we if we ever wanted, we're dream driven, and anything we ever wanted, we just went and got it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: She says, what same thing, like if because we got married she was twenty three. I was twenty five, and like at twenty five, dude, like popping off even before that, I mean twenty we got married twenty thirteen, so I was twenty two when I got my first pub deal. Speaking of dude, first pub deal. You know, my rent was three hundred dollars, no car payment, no nothing, living on thirty five K a year. Balling was balling, went up to forty the next year Balling rich absolutely balling. So uh, that's making that now here. You can even make rent with that here, So they're still giving those deals. That is perspective is like I remember I remember thinking because boom, I signed a pub deal while I was still in Belmont Wow, which like I'm taking a class on music publishing while I'm negotiating my own publishing deal rightow crazy, And so I'm like, dude, this is like this is going fast. And then they're like meeting with this producer that producer like about to make a record. This means this all's happened in like six months. They're like, we'll get you a record deal, no problem. Boom boom boom, And I'm like I remember thinking this, why this was not me? This was just beyond my years of like, dang, dude, if it really happens this fast and easy, am I going to appreciate this? And I just and the answer was no, I think. And that's why here I am, fourteen years later, just step by step, slowly, slowly building this, you know, this hopefully evergreen, long lasting.
Speaker 3: I mean I think, I think, well, I think you got mega fans already, you know, and I mean, the career is there, it's just now, how how hot do you want to take? You know, you got a bunch of hits under your belt, more music coming.
Speaker 1: Out and the rustle Mania tours.
Speaker 3: And the great thing I can I can already tell is like, it's not it's not built on a gimmick, you know what I mean, It's not built on a flashy bro watch how I dance.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what fourteen years will do too, right, Like, it's not you don't have to figure it out and get it all out there real fast. This is what I'm trying to But you're but you're in that meantime, you're building a found nations to stand on for the rest of your career.
Speaker 1: Right, this is what I do. Do you like it or not? And like a lot of meetings and stuff and and brainstorming and branding and everything like who is rustling? I was like, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean I do, but I can't like build this all around a gimmick that we have to like stick to, like oh it's super fun, super hype, super this so that that I'm just like, I'm just gonna roll, keep going.
Speaker 2: Got the sleeves over cities. Yeah, so girlfriends when he's eight.
Speaker 1: Takes an airstream on the one alone box take the job. So did you say, who's going out on the road with you? So Round one of WrestleMania rustle Mania, excuse me, Round one of Rustlemania Round rates.
Speaker 4: Round one WrestleMania is Jake Scott, who's on she likes it with me. Round two is the Summer with Nico Moon and Jake Scott.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so pumped, man, I mean, dude, like we're we're going hard, Like the stage is like a wrestling rink. Like the ropes, we got the ropes across the back, we got we got like a real w W announce her to do the.
Speaker 1: Show intro like pretty good actually, so uh yeah, we're sending it. Rick Flair made a video for us Icon. Yeah did he do the Yeah, the Rolex wearing the private jet flying? Yeah, what a legend. He was cool, man, it's cool. He's still on. Yeah. Yeah. Man, A lot of those guys cte on out of here, you know what I'm saying. Ct Well, I mean, dude there, who knows what's happening to their audience? Why'd you get your arms when you do that? Take your shirt off there like a helicopter, take your shirt? Oh man, we could do this, do you feel like?
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly though, they're obviously broided out, dude, And especially in the eighties nine when we were jamming it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Those guys are nuts.
Speaker 4: But man, Goldberg and drinking and drinking, and have you seen like about Andre the Giant and stuff. Dude, he drink like a case of wine a night or something.
Speaker 1: Yes, a case.
Speaker 3: They said he drank thirty two beers on a flight one time. But his the beers in his hands.
Speaker 4: Bro, that guy's what it looks like motoritos, those little color it looks like those It looks like a little baby beer Yeah, in a regular man hand.
Speaker 1: It looks like the baby Tabasco bottles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's nuts, man. Those guys were nuts. There's some have you seen Dark Side of the Ring and some of that stuff?
Speaker 1: Is that the Vince mcman documentary? I have not seen that. I heard that heard all about nuts. I haven't seen it Netflix, and I heard that was nuts.
Speaker 3: Uh No, this was like Vice did it a few years back, and they were just they would go, like, show you the dark side of wrestling and stuff.
Speaker 1: It's pretty I would love to see that. Yeah, it's pretty insane. All right? Sorry? Did we do it? Are we talking about music? Is that enough music? Talk about music? All right?
Speaker 3: We usually we get people on it and all they want to talk about is like hunting. So we never talked about music. So I'm glad we talked about music.
Speaker 1: We do? Are we doing the other thing? Just the one thing? I need to make sure this is in tune? It sounded We do a favorite tune.
Speaker 2: We call it gravorite because we used to do greatest Song and then we changed that to favorite song and nobody liked that either because it's just too big, too much pressure on that question. So we married those two words made gravorite.
Speaker 1: You knew that or not. You could take one song to your grave. That's a good way. I thought that's what it meant.
Speaker 2: But cool, all right, if you can take one song to your grave?
Speaker 1: Rd, is this the one? Yeah? What would it be? One song on my grave? Well?
Speaker 4: I always have an attachment to this specific artist because this is like the first time my mom was my fourth grade music teacher. Backstory and uh so we did our Union City fourth grade like program was gone country sick.
Speaker 1: So I did, I did.
Speaker 4: I was Garth Brooks had the headset, had the headset and the black cowboy had and everything. Yeah, I think mine. I found an old picture. Mine was more pinstripe, but still still garthed out. I sang standing outside the Fire.
Speaker 1: Oh that was a jam was dude? Do you remember the music video? It's I can't get it out of my bank? No one can do you? Do you? Yeah? Get? I think it's a little I think it was a little older than you. Maybe a little a little much. I don't know.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a lot. Yeah, but that's not my song. But it is a Garth song. It's calling baton Roope. Okay, would you be mad at us if we slowed it down, I think we should. Can you do you know all the words? It would be some of us. We can we R and D it out R n D can what do you know all the words R and D? Yeah? Sure, all right, we're gonna play R and D R and D style first time.
Speaker 4: Such a strange combination, combination of situation gets Yeah, those are kind of.
Speaker 1: Russell Dickerson last last night and some girl in week mount with such a strange combination shut up my child.
Speaker 5: A strange situation shot stopping every hard Miles's call a man.
Speaker 1: Or refle last night's Benwood to man.
Speaker 5: It simper sin not so raised by sweeround, I said it trust our sign his lack change lane. I need a cup coffee and a common Dallas change.
Speaker 1: Call him man.
Speaker 5: Bredo to me on to got a small out of bear Rooge.
Speaker 1: To put her on the lane. Got a charge to my girl. It's one more time.
Speaker 5: Call oly Barrow Hello sman, oh God yeah, feeling hellos man thirty home me deal in fire Boody won't be along and tell how in all the time and on tidy and I spend my money her brandown man's call himbanoma. Don't be all to you a smile that bar rouse Ye put her on her.
Speaker 1: You gotta talk to my courages.
Speaker 5: Warm on child, you killed.
Speaker 3: You're a real life stinger man, R and D Style, R and D Dude, all right, wow, it was great.
Speaker 1: Dropped the ball on that way for my entire life. R and D. Yeah, you dropped. I definitely drop the killed the graver though, killed it? Oh? Thanks man? Yeah, thanks kind of like a ride a passage, bro. Thanks for hanging out with us. Thank you for having what a pleasure. I honestly like, don't want to leave. You can stay, dude. We're gonna leave, but you can stay as long as you Hey, can we write a song next episode? Let's write a song right now, Comcast holler at us. Man, thanks for coming. You're awesome, you look cool, you sound cool. These songs are cool. Costco jeans to COVID boots. Let's go.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get you a fair y'all. Check out the rustle Mania Tour. Can we come see play live?
Speaker 1: Yeah, anytime anywhere? Please.
Speaker 2: Songs on New Music on the Way, Bones is on the ray video Happen to Me?
Speaker 1: Check them out?
Speaker 2: Thanks, for hanging out, dude, and we'll check you out next time.
Speaker 1: Russell God's Country, Thank you, God's Country. Everybody does that, they don't mention